GMF's Shattered Star

Game Master Fanguar

Current map Guiltspur Outside
Jubbek's Halls
The Silent Halls


1 to 50 of 5,048 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dot for fun and profit.


You find yourselves in the the foyer of Heidmarch Manor, a large and lavish estate located in the Alabaster District of the great city of Magnimar, not far from the city's easternmost gate. This beautiful and elegantly appointed building, is also the home of Pathfinder society's newest Pathfinder Lodge, and the first of its kind in Varisia. Pathfinder buisiness is what brings you all here today.

Two days ago you received an intriguing letter inviting you here to meet with the local venture captain. Though you arrived on time, she is unavailable to see you at present, so you and several others wait patiently for her to arrive.

Letter:

Greeting fellow seeker of adventure!

I am Shheila Heidmarch, Venture Captain of the newest Pathfinder Society lodge-and the only such lodge in Varisia at this time. You have come to my attention as someone who possesses a certain amount of skiles and interests that make you an excellent addition to a highly specialized team I/m putting together for a matter of grave import, not only to the society, but to Varisia as a whole. Please report two days hence, an hour before noon to to Heidmarkch Manor. You will be compensated for your visit, but that reward will pale in light of the riches that await you should we come a an agreement on my proposition to you. I look forward to meeting you soon!

-Sheila Heidmarch

Feel free to make an introductory post and RP a bit. Once everyone has checked in, we'll move on.


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Noya walks towards the Pathfinder Lodge

as she walks she thinks
I just joined the Pathfinders not more than 3 months ago and they already have me as an exchange agent, though I think it was due to the Lodge leader hating the fact her Partner was hitting on my after I got accepted. Well this will be interesting, as I have never been far from where I grew up.

Upon entering the foyer of Heidmarch Manor,
Noya says to herself
"Looks like I'm the first one here of the team that's being put together."

You see what appears to be an Ulfen Woman of about 6 foot 3.
She has inherited comely features and has a toned buxom and curvy build with pale skin,
But her face is beautiful with blue eyes and long Golden Blonde Hair that ends near her waist.

She is currently wearing a hide shirt, brown pants, and boots.
Render of Noya


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Toffitt wasn't wrong, we were selected for the task. I just hope it's a lucrative as the letter says. I have debts to pay off.

Bibic strides into the foyer and sees the large Ulfen woman. "Greetings." he mumbles as he looks around for someone in authority. Finding none (without prying past closed doors), he returns and stands, shifting on his feet impatiently - especially for an elf.

Slightly short of stature for an elf, Bibic is also unusual in that he is covered in tattoos. Many of them are rough, and more than a few look really like self inflicted injuries. He is very lightly equipped really having nothing much more than a bow and several quivers of arrows though he does wear leather armor.


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Noya replies to the elf's greetings
"Hello, I'm Noya Aurora Evangeline Bridget.
I'm assuming you have a letter to be here and in a team, and you are?"

Actually she's not a large Ulfen, Ulfen Men START at 6 feet tall and end near 7 foot 3,
Ulfen Women Start at 5 foot 9 and end at 7 feet, so she's near average.


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi enters the Lodge, one hand on his belly, another clutching a handkerchief, a look of disgust on his face.

Entering the room, he gives a passing nod to Noya and goes to slump next to Bibic.

"What did you feed me last night, Bibic? How many did I have? 2? 3 drinks? My mouth tastes like lemure-goop," Spasi says as the memory of drink causes him to dry heave into his handkerchief.

After a few seconds of unsuccessful purging, Spasi spits into his handkerchief and puts his head in his hands.

"If we're going to be traveling together, Bibic, you got to remind me not to drink with you. I can't handle it."

Spasi sits with his head in his hands for a few moments longer before swiveling his head to stare at Noya, giving her a confused stinkface.

"Who are you?"


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Bibic chuckles nervously, "Spasi, you had more than enough for the both of us last night. Spasi, this is Noya Aurora Evangeline Bridget. We were just beginning introductions as you arrived."

He turns to Noya, "I'm Bibic." He takes out his letter and holds it up before putting it away again, "Yes, we too were summoned."

"Any idea how long we'll have to wait?"


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Noya replies to Spasi's stinkface with the "How rude look."

she replies to Bibic's words
"I have no idea how long it'll be.
Who knows it might be just when the last one arrives"

she thinks to herself
"So far one who's polite, and one that's rude. I hope the rest are polite.
And I hope they don't get repulsed if they learn my heritage."


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement pushes open the heavy-set doors into the meeting chamber, standing awkwardly as he both tries to hold the door open and create room to allow a man wearing a large hat to pass.

"Uhh, you first, wait -- let me step asi--- hold on, ummm."

The blue-eyed man steps forward, left, then right, and finally backward before the door closes - neither men stepping within successfully.

Finally, the door opens once again by Clement's hand, the oracle's face several shades redder as he clears his throat.

"Ahem!"

Awkwardly, he considers how to announce his friend properly and roughly attempts to mimic a trumpet's sound with words.

"Doo, doo, da-doo! Pathfinders, attention! Allow me to present the amazing, heroic, and ever-brave, Rhesus Ghawn!"

The door almost shuts on the cloaked figure beyond, but finally Clement manages to sidestep away and allow passage for both him and his companion.

Brushing some imaginary debris from his shirt, he manages a weak smile to all attendant in the room beyond.


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

"Clem, just let me...you...argh."

The large man waits as the door is finally done assassinating Clement's dignity, then moves through.

"I've told you before you don't have to tell everybody who I am. That's gonna cause problems. By the gods! Now that's a woman!"

Rhesus casts off his hat and cloak now that the skullduggery has ended.

You see a 6'8" Ulfen man, the cloak having covered a well muscled and scarred form. He was prettier with the hat and cloak on.


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi barely notices the two enter, so caught up in his own nauseas.

"Damn you, Rhesus, you big ape. What did you make me drink last night?" Spasi moans and wipes drool from his mouth, a precursor to more dry heaves that he tries to suppress.

"Hey Clem," Spasi manages weakly.


Two women, one a human dressesed in expresive looking, but practical clothes, the other an attractive half­ elven woman dressed in leather armor and wearing a distinctive-looking mithral-and-redwood aklys (a hooked club attached to a cord) and a bastard sword at her hip, enter the foyer through a side door and the human steps forward to greet you.

Know(dungeoneering):
DC18]
You recognize the half-elf as Koriah Azmeren as one of Varisia's most famous Pathfinders and a well-renowned expert on the Darklands.

"Ah, I see that you are all here. I am Sheila Heidmarch and this is Koriah Azmeran. Sorry to keep you waiting, but Koriah just returned from an expedition for the Society and we've had many things to discuss this morning. Unfortunately, we're not quite finished yet, but if you'll follow me to the study, perhaps there is a task that you might be able to help me with while you wait."

Sheila leads to back through the door she entered and along a hallway to the lodge's library and study. Its walls are lined with bookshelves, while several tables in the middle of the room are heaped with scrolls and books. One table in the center, however, supports only a single object­, an ornate cubical stone coffer covered with Thassilonian runes. Sheila indicates you should take a seat at the table with the cube.

"I apologize for the delay, as I must conclude my business with Pathfinder Azmeren before we meet. In the meantime, though , I thought you could help us with another minor issue. This stone coffer is an ancient Thassilonian puzzle, a cunning feat of magical engineering known as a paradox box. As you'll see from even a casual investigation, what appear to be seams on the sides are only shallow grooves-there's no obvious way to open the thing. Each paradox box has its own secret method of being opened. Essentially, a paradox box substitutes hidden catches and magical triggers for a lock. Given time, anyone clever enough could figure out how to open a paradox box, just as given time, a locksmith can open any lock. This particular box was among those items recovered by Koriah-the scrolls next to the box are her preliminary notes on possible triggers or methods of opening it, but she's not yet had a chance to sit down and properly investigate the thing. So... why don't you put your heads together and see if you can't do that for me? Even if the box is empty, as I suspect it probably is, knowing the method of opening it makes it a valuable find anyway. I'll return shortly, and I hope to see that box open! Think of this as an audition, if you will-because the actual task I want to speak to you about soon will require as much wit as it will brawn!. Good luck and I'll speak with yo soon."

With that, the pair take their leave.

Notes:

The notes have translations of the significant runes on the box-one of the most oft-repeated symbols was the rune for "wrath," which Koriah has noted is associated with evocation magic, and in the earliest days ofThassilon with the word "kindness." The notes indicate that this rune merely marks the box has having once belonged to a citizen of the Thassilonian nation of Bakrakhan, and that the rune likely has little to do with the method of opening this particular paradox box.
The have a few other observations-the key observation being that five of the box's faces are identical, but on one face, several additional runes appear. These runes spell out the word "CRUEL." Koriah believes that this word is somehow linked to the box's mystery. She's also noted that each of the individual runes in the word can be reorganized by touching two runes at once-doing so causes the two touched runes to exchange places for an hour before reverting to their original spelling of"CRUEL."

DC 10 Linguistics or a DC 12 Intelligence:
You realize that the key to opening the box might be found in an anagram of the word CREUL.


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

When the last two enter,
she thinks
Looks like a joker, and some muscle are the last two, and looks he sounds like most my other male peer from my other masters.
she replies to Rhesus' comment on her with a look of disgust
"I'm not a piece of meat, good Sir"

When Sheila Heidmarch and Koriah Azmeran ask to follow she follows to the study and looks at the paradox box and looks at the notes.

"I think the puzzle's answer is an anagram of the word "Cruel".
And since I'm not a master of words, I have no idea of what words exist with the letters found in the word Cruel."


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

"Hah, can't hold your drink Spasi?"

Rhesus falls silent when the Pathfinders enter, then follows along and listens as they explain the box.

"Maybe I could hit it with my earthbreaker? That'd open it."

Int DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 2


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Noya tells Rhesus
"I don't think Ms Heidmarch, would like the box broken."

INT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Knowledge, Dung.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Intelligence Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

"I agree with Noya, an anagram is the solution to this puzzle - and not a weapon." Bibic grins.

"The only anagram I can think of though that is an actual word is 'ulcer'. It looks like whatever we try is locked in for an hour though, so I'm not keen on jumping to conclusions. Let's put that as a possibility and think on it further."

"Wrath. Is there a connection between Wrath and Cruel maybe?"

Knowledge, History: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Does anyone know the Runelords? Who was the runelord of wrath? Maybe there's a connection - everything seems to be connected to the runelords in Varisia. I don't suppose anyone knows any Thasselonian words that might be anagrams of cruel. Sadly my linguistics training is lagging behind my other studies."

Linguistics(untrained?): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

"That's as far as my thinking takes me."


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi rouses himself to a sort of attention when Sheila enters, trying to avoid more heaves of dry sickness while she's in the room and quickly slumps back to his chair when she leaves.

I almost lost it there.

Spasi takes a few more moments to gather his strength before following the rest into the room.

There was a reason I was chosen for this mission...I speak Thassolonian.

"Some read those notes to me while I examine the box, eh? I think it will hurt to read right now," Spasi asks, trying to blink the blur from his eyes.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Linguistics
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Intelligence

"I think Bibic is right," Spasi offers a weak smile to Bibic, a piece of regurgitated lettuce leaf on one of his teeth. "It's a CRUEL world...especially for these Thassolonians. I might suggest the word LUCRE as well. In some cultures in means money...though I doubt that to be true of this box, it might be fitting for the contents inside."

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Know (History) -Thassolonia


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

She adds to Bibic's words
"Then I pose this question what can cause one to become Wrathful;
Anger, Hate, Loss, Insults, Taunting. Or it could be a substance the brings out the worst in people."

Hearing Spasi's words
"Money does bring out the worst in people, and some people have done some of the cruelest things for money."


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

"An...ana...anag...uh..."

The large Shoanti runs his hand over his bald pate.

"Cruel...Stool...Drool...uh...Rule...mmm...Cool?"

With a shrug he leans against and wall and watches the thinkers think. Occasionally his tongue sticks out of his mouth and you see him mouth a word rhyming with cruel.


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Noya says
"Let's try Lucre and see what happens."


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

In combats and when we march, Spasi will always be in the back row.

Before he touches the box, Spasi will examine it as best he can.

Take 20 Perception: 26 for traps.

If it looks safe, Spasi will begin to carefully futz with the box, trying to correctly identify the runes to spell out the words that might be conjoined to open it.

First, LUCRE.

Second, ULCER.

"C'mon now...


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Wow! That Sheila Heidmarch is much nicer than I'd heard!

Clement waits eagerly while the others discuss possible options for opening the puzzle box, giving Rhesus occasional glances, so he can repay his life-debt to the Shoanti by reinforcing whatever suggesting he may have.

"Err.. yes, we should try Rhe's suggestion third... Ruel-c? Cuel-r?"

Clement gives a puzzled look, scratches his head, and has to really work to second any of the barbarian's ideas.

Nervously, he realizes in the low humidity of late in Magnimar, his hands are dry and wishes he had some lotion or balm to moisturize them.

There's not enough lotions in this world... if I were ever to retire, I'd start my own brand, and name it something that's an anagram of this cruel word... C- u- r- e- ..?


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

"I believe it'll be a while to figure out the order of the rune pairs to swap, before we get it.
I think the pair order is; C and L, U and R, C and R, and finally R and E.
And I don't think Ms Heidmarch would like the relic destroyed, as it's a valuable piece of knowledge and history."

Order:
Cruel
LrueC
lURec
luCeR
lucRE
Lucre


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus shrugs his massive shoulders.

"Ain't worth nothin' if you can't use it. What's the point of a hunk of wood you just look at?"


@Spasi: You don't find any specific mechanical mischief, but you do feel the telltale tingle of magic primed to be released.


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi jumps back as he realizes the potential for magical explosions from the box.

"Ah ah ah!!" Spasi backs away and tries to shoo others away. "Back, back, back, BACK!! It might be loaded! Let me explore more."

From a distance, Spasi casts Detect Magic and slowly, over the period of rounds, explores any auras or dweomers coming from the box.

Take 10 Know (Arcana): 20
Take 10 Spellcraft: 20

"Gimme a second..." Spasi tweaks.


@Spasi: 2 auras of moderate strength. The schools are abjuration and conjuration. Spellcraft check reveals nothing.


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi walks around the box to and fro, muttering.

"Conjurative magicks! That's my specialty! There is nothing finer than calling creatures from the aether or drawing divine energy to heal a wound or summoning pure ice from a frozen plane to hurl at one's enemies. I wonder what effect is contained in this box?!"

Spasi rambles on, his nausea forgetting in the presence of discovery and magic.

"Then, there is also the Abjurative! Power magic of defense and shielding. It is strange to have it here...but not completely unexpected if one didn't want this box to be scryed upon. But there are no explosives on this box...unless...unless the abjuration is masking it. This is an interesting quandry..."

Spasi looks around in case there are others who wish to opine on the matter. I'll post a follow up in a few hours, likely to open the box, but wanted to give others a chance to pipe up.


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus groans as Spasi natters.

"You sure you don't want me to hammer it open?"


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Noya replies to Rhesus' words
"That might not be a good idea, Rhesus.
It could break your hammer, or worse yet breaking it frees a Devil or Demon."


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Shooing everyone away from the potentially dangerous box, Spasi tries to manipulate it open. First he tries LUCRE, then ULCER.

If both those fail, he'll pull out a piece of paper, his inkpen, and his quill and begin to do a list of potential options to try and write them down so he remembers what has worked and what hasn't.


Touching pairs of runes, Spasi quickly rearranges the letters to spell LUCRE. When the last letter is in place, the box begins to shift before your eyes. A seem appears, revealing a lid that pops open with a hiss. A baleful light begins to glow from its contents and with a cackle of glee, a trio of creatures scramble out. Looking as if the world's most revolting lapdog had somehow learned to walk on its back legs, the little creatures brandish small knives and at their arrival you feel an odd sensation wash over you.

Unluck Aura:

Any creature in this aura must roll two d20s whenever a situation calls for a d20 roll (such as an attack roll, a skill check, or a saving throw) and must use the lower of the two results generated.

Each time a PC fails at an attack roll or a skill check as a result of the unluck aura the result of the PCs' unlucky check causes some form of minor damage to the room (a sword swing might chop into a chair back, or a failed Acrobatics check might cause a PC to stumble against a shelf and jostle a vase onto the floor, for example)


Know(nature) DC11:

The creatures are Pugwampi, a type of mischievous gremlin. They are a a kind of fey and thus are resistant to normal weapons and they have spell resistance

Enemy Stats:

AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +2 size)
hp #1 6/6, #2 6/6, #3 6/6
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 2/cold iron; SR 7

Initiative:

Noya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Spasi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Rhesus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Bibic: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Clement: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Enemies: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Combat Round 1:
23 Baddies (front)
18 Noya (front)
18 Clement (front)
17 Spasi (back)
11 Rhesus (front)
7 Bibic (back)

Capering with glee the creatures begin to cause mischief. One squats down to carve a large crude phallus on the table, another hops over to a bookshelf and slashes at the books with his little knife. The last, points at a lovely porcelain vase and with a word and a gesture causes it to burst.

Spellcraft DC17:
it cast shatter

You are all up.


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

"Looks like the box summoned some trouble"

Noya uses detect evil to check if they are evil.


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Round 1

Status:

HP 15/15
AC 12/T12/FF10
CMD 16
F +5 R +2 W -1
Rage: 7/7
Row: Front
Opponent: Creature #2

"Well...good thing I didn't smash it, huh?"

Wish I'd remembered to buy new armor...

The large Shoanti stands up and brings his earthbreaker down on one of the creatures.

Earth Breaker Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 202d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 = 10

Powering through the unnatural aura and tough hide of the creatures, no doubt unaware either even exists, Rhesus smashes the odd creature on the bookshelf into paste, along with a fair number of books behind it.


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Round 1, Init 17

Spasi recoils from the monsters, unsure what they are and fighting to overcome an additional aura of ick that layers over his hangover.

"What are these things? I have seen anything like them before."

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Spellcraft
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Spellcraft

Spasi draws his dagger and moves to the front row. (move,move)


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Round 1, Initiative 7, Location Back

Status:
HP: 9/9
Weapon Equipped = Bow
Conditions = Inspire Courage (Su) +1 att/dam (competence) & +1 save vs fear (morale)
Bardic Performance = 9/10
Bard Spells Remaining: (First: 2/2)
0) Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark
1) Cure Light Wounds, Grease

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 vs DC 11
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 vs DC 11
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 vs DC 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 vs DC 17

"Mrs. Heidmarch! Sheila Heidmarch! We opened the box and could use a little help in here with the contents!!" Bibic shouts hoping to be heard through the closed door.

He then draws his bow (move) and begins to suggest improved combat tactics to the party (Inspire Courage (Su) +1 att/dam (competence) & +1 save vs fear (morale))(standard).

"Gentlemen please, I have no idea what these are, but like all living creatures they must bleed. At least I think they're living. They look living don't they?! My suggestions should help you though. Oh, nice shot Rhesus! That's how we want to do it! We can win this fight if we work as a team. Teamwork is the key." etc., etc., etc.


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Stats:
HP: 11/11,
AC: 15:12:13 CMD: 14
Saves: 3:2:3 (+1 fear)
Row: Front
Target: C1

Noya goes on the attack against the creatures going with a two handed over head strike with her Longsword, her hit cuts it in half noggin to butt-hole

Atk: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23
Atk: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Round 1, Init 18

Clement grows concerned as he watches the creatures appear and looks nervously at his shieldless comrade.

"Don't worry, Rhesus! I've got your back!"

Aid Other: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Aid Other (misfortune): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Nearly tripping over the bench, he manages to just barely get his shield in between Rhesus and the lone advancing pugwampi.

Looks like success to add +2 to Rhesus AC.


@Noya: They don't detect as evil.
In this particular case, I'm ok with people having weapons drawn, since you knew there might be shenanigans from a possible conjuration spell trap. Normally though, you would need a move action to draw a weapon, then a move action to engage the enemy.
Please follow the example in the discussion thread for posting in combat.

Round 1 Recap: 2 of the creatures nearly explode under the blows of Rhesus and Noya. Bibic inspires his allies. Clement helps defend Rhesus and Spasi steps into the fray.

Enemy Stats:

AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +2 size)
hp #1 dead/6, #2 dead/6, #3 6/6
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +4
DR 2/cold iron; SR 7

Combat Round 2:
23 Enemy #3(front)
18 Noya (front)
18 Clement (front)
17 Spasi (front)
11 Rhesus (front)
7 Bibic (back)

SA: Pee into the box
MA:Hop off table and Move to the door

The remaining creature squeals at the destruction of his compatriots, and makes a break for the door, but not before relieving himself into the box on the table.

You guys are up.


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Round 1, Initiative 17
hp 8/8; AC 12/12T/10FF (+4 w/Mage Armor); CMD 11
+1F/+2R/+3W
Front Row
Opponent: Ongoing neglect of his own personality
MA:Engage Pugwump
SA: 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4 to hit; (bard)
1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 + 1 = 9 to hit; (bard)
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage. (bard)
Spasi slashes at the rampaging gremlin, but his dagger never had a chance to be accurate. It hits a delicately embroidered throw pillow in the upswing, slashing it top to bottom and strangely catches on the hilt when Spasi recoils his arm, sending the pillow and its now-freed feathers into the air and softly pelting the human, who watches slackjawed.

"Uhm...did I really just do that?" Spasi asks confusedly, pondering the amount of unluck it would take for that sequence to happen.

Spasi picks the feathers from his mouth.


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Round 2, Initiative 7
HP: 9/9; AC: 15 (T13/FF12)
F: +1, R: +5, W: +2
Back Row
Opponent: None

Conditions:
Inspire Courage (Su) +1 att/dam (competence) & +1 save vs fear (morale)
Weapon Equipped = Bow
Bardic Performance = 8/10
Bard Spells Remaining: (First: 2/2)
0) Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Spark
1) Cure Light Wounds, Grease

FA: continue inspiring courage (+1 att/dam (competence) & +1 save vs fear (morale))
MA: none
SA: Longbow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 20 (dex, -4 shooting into combat, inspire courage)
Longbow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 14 (dex, -4 shooting into combat, inspire courage)
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Good show everyone, just the one left, now let's pin him down! Shift to the left, you there, more to your right, that's it! That's it! We've got that last one on the ropes now!"

Bibic jumps up and down knocking over a vase in his excitement, "Did you see that? Did you see that? I think I got him, I think I got him!"


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Stats:
HP: 11/11,
AC: 15:12:13 CMD: 14
Saves: 3:2:3 (+1 fear)
Row: Front
Target: C3

MA: NA
SA: Attack Had to happen to one of us
Atk:Longsword: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Atk:Longsword: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

She swings her sword but misses and cuts a good nick into the Cherry-Wood table.

"Jinxing little bugger, I hope the nick can be fixed."


Bibic's arrow catches the little blighter before he can escape and it slumps to the ground before fading away to nothing as the magics bound it returns it to whence it came.

Combat is over.

Just then the door bursts open and Sheila and Koriah enter into the room, Koriah with sword in hand. Not seeing any danger, they relax. Taking in the wreckage of the room, Sheila turns to you with a disapproving look, "What are you doing in here?"


AC 29 T 15 FF 29 CMD 24 | HP 171| F +12* R +8 W +14 | Init. +0 | Perc +18 Sense +10

Clement gives Rhesus a concerned look, eyes wide at the Earthbreaker in the Shoanti's hands.

"It's all my fault, Miss Heidmarch. I.. I.. take full responsibility. The puzzle box... it summoned some creatures and they were going to destroy everything in the room. If it wasn't for Rhesus, who knows what other evils they may have wrought."

Clearing his throat, he adds.

"And the others, they helped too."


Taldan Magicky Guy:
AC 16/12/14 (+4 w/Mage Armor) /HP: 81 / F +10 R +11 W +15 / Init. +12 / Perc. +20/ Sense Motive +1/Arc28/Dund23/Eng13/Geog14/Hist22/Local26/Nat26/Plns26/Rel27/Spllcrt28 Percept 24

Spasi brushes off the feathers from his head, face, and shoulders while he moves to look inside the box.

"Strange thing, Sheila, this box. We found traces of conjurative and abjurative magics. Upon opening, the creatures appeared. Nothing we could do but finish them," Spasi adds, his eyes traveling from the phallus drawn on the table to the droplets of pee running from the box to inside the box.

What's inside the box? Besides pee. I hope whatever it is is waterproof.


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

"He's telling the truth, they were dog-like creatures walking on their hind legs and doing as much mischief as they could. Somehow we also fell under their spell and incidentally damaged our environment a little. Apologies."

He gestures to the open box, "We did get the box open on our first try though. The password is 'LUCRE'." he gestures to Noya, "An anagram was her idea and Spasi over there came up with the right one."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 to try and smooth any ruffled feathers.


"Ah I see. We've found other boxes that have had similar booby traps. I'm glad you managed to take care of it."

She and Koriah go over to check out the box's contents. Koriah gives a snort of disgust, "Well that's disappointing. If we're done here Sheila, I have other matters to attend to." She wishes you all good luck in your endeavour and takes her leave.

Sheila turns her attention back to you,

"First, allow me to apologize for that unpleasantness regarding those creatures-but it does provide an excellent object lesson. The life of an adventurer is not one for the weak-hearted. That you not only took care of them, but also got the box open in the first place is all the confirmation I need that my gut was right - you're the perfect group for the job I have in mind. Please have the contents of this box as a reward for your efforts."

"Now on to the business at hand. You see, I've recently had trouble with one of my informants here in Magnimar, Natalya Yancaskerkin. She's a half-Yarisian who recently approached the Pathfinder Society with an offer to serve as a street informant. She runs with the Sczarni-l'm not sure with which group. A week ago, Natalya sent me a cryptic hint that her gang was on the verge of uncovering an item that would be of great interest to the Society. Since the Sczarnis' methods of uncovering something often involves an armed robbery or breaking into somebody's personal chambers, we thought it prudent not to press for further details and instead wait to see what it would produce. Suffice it to say, she hinted strongly that it pertained to Thassilon, and promised to meet with me to discuss this find three days ago.

She never kept that promise, instead, she seems to have simply vanished. Initially, I assumed that the acquisition of this item was simply taking longer than expected, but now I'm hearing rumors that the Sczarni are looking for her as well.

"There have been rumours of Nidalese slavers snatching the unwary off the street and it's always possible the city watch has locked her up. Though it seems more likely that Natalya has absconded with this item she's discovered. And this is where you enter, my friends. I want to know what it was that Natalya and the Sczarni found. In fact, I'm more interested in that than in what happened to Natalya herself. For now, I'd like to keep all ofthis quiet-if you can find out what happened to Natalya without letting a lot of people know she was also working for me as an informant, that would be preferable-that's a big part of why I'm coming to you, as new members ofthe Pathfinder Society, with this task. You don't yet have a reputation in Magnimar, and as such, the lowlifes and criminals you are likely to encounter may be more likely to talk.

"So... go out there and look for Natalya. Find out what happened to her, and to this item she and her gang discovered. If you can secure the item, all the better-bring it back to me and I'll have a reward of 500 gold pieces for you. And ifyou can bring Natalya back alive for me to speakto, I'll double that!

One more thing, when she approached the Society, she made initial contact through f a man known as the Amazing Zograthy, a Varisian who keeps a permanent tent and fortune-telling business in Washers' Row in Dockway. He may have an idea of where Natalya has gotten to."

Know(local) DC 14:
The Amazing Zograthy often works as a sort of middle-man between Sczarni and outsiders, but he expects gold in payment for his services.

Box contents:
3 garnets worth 50gp each, a masterwork silver dagger and a ring of feather falling I'm assuming that you'll detect magic etc. All marinating in gremlin urine.


|| AC 23/T16/FF21 | HP 185/185 | F +18 R +9 W +8 | Init +2 | Perception +16 | Sense Motive -1 Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager, Urban Barbarian) 14

Rhesus listens to the Shiela's explanation and quest.

She knew it was a trap and didn't warn us? And she cares more about artifacts than this missing girl? At least I know she doesn't care if I die.

"What's in the box Clem?"

The Shoanti cleans bits of goblin and book off his hammer.

Evil things. Glad I took care of at least some of them. No telling what harm these books could cause.


HP: 26/39, AC: 19:14:15 CMD: 19 Saves: 9:9:6 Init: +3 Skills Dip +12, Per +11, Sen Mot +11, Stealth +10

Retcon: to after Sheila enters, but before of box as trapped
"We're sorry for any damage we caused during the fight to your study and it's keepings."

After Sheila explains the job of looking for Natalya
Noya cleans her blade of gremlin blood.
"We'll do our best to find her, and find out what we can."
looking into the box
"I think the inside of this box and it's contents should be washed before taking anything or closing the box."


Male Elf AC17/T15/FF12 / F +8 R +13 W +8 / Init. +5 / Perc. +22 / Sense Motive +26

Bibic listens quietly to Sheila Heidmarch. She is focused - focused on the object more than the agent. We'll have to be careful, likely no one will come for us if we fail.

Bibic thinks hard for questions to put to Mrs. Heidmarch, but comes up empty. A simple enough task.

After Sheila has finished and Bibic has looked into the box...

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
"I've heard of this Zograthy. He's acted as a middle man for the Sczarni before. However he's a middle man with deep pockets that need to be filled with gold before anything useful occurs. We should maybe exchange one of these garnets for gold so we can pay him his due."

"I don't know if my magics can overcome the stench of that creature's urine, but let's see what can be done."

Bibic goes over to the box and casts Prestidigitation. He'll spend several long moments cleaning the box's interior and each of the items. He'll end the spell by flavoring the items with a little dill to try and cover any lasting odors.

1 to 50 of 5,048 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's Shattered Star Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.