GM Bigrin's Giantslayer

Game Master bigrin42

Loot sheet


6,101 to 6,150 of 6,575 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>

SFS Signup sheet

The only place unexplored outside of the gates are the caves where you found the giant families living, and decided to bypass on the grounds of not wanting to kill women and children

Silver Crusade

Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12
DM Bigrin wrote:
The only place unexplored outside of the gates are the caves where you found the giant families living, and decided to bypass on the grounds of not wanting to kill women and children

Quill looks worried, but will do what he has to do to protect Trunau and end the giant threat.

”They have attacked our women, our chidren. Mari—, uh, I mean people we loved might have been kilt in their attacks upon us. How can we delay our own bowstrings when given the chance to do the same?” Quill looks down, wondering if he just uttered the words he did, much less if he would be willing to execute the threat. But he’s said words though he might not stand by them.


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

"No!" Sander retorts. "The fact that they're not with the army means they're probably not part of it. If we want to see whether they'd help us, I'm willing, but unless we know they're against us for sure, we can just avoid them."

Sander will not just go wantonly attack them. That said, he's willing to approach them to try diplomacy.


Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

"We pro'lly only need ta take out the one guy. After that, the rest will start squabblin' about who's boss. No need ta be monsters an' start killin' kiddies."


Male CG Human Warpriest 8 | HP: 56/67| AC: 24 (13 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 21 (+2 bull rush, +4 vs disarm) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 2/5 1/3 | SW 8/8 | Blessings: 4/7 | CLW: 47/50 LR: 47/50 Fervor 4/7 | Active conditions: Enlarge person, shield of faith, ironskin, protection from evil, divine favor, detructive attacks, haste

"Shut up everyone, I need to think!"

Storn then remains silent for a very, very long time. Anyone who tries to speak gets glowered at until they shut up. Finally, he speaks.

"Gorum doesn't care who I kill, but I do. We don't need to go there to kill anyone. But this is an army. The families they bring with the army are not happy. Maybe we can learn something. Find the best way to strike. We don't know the weak point of the army yet, how to approach. We need that weak point. Maybe the families know."


Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

"Maybe they do, maybe they don't. How're we supposeta get 'em ta spill the beans? Turn one of us giant-sized an' chat 'em up? That spell only lasts a couple'a minutes, tops."


Male Halfling unchained rogue/8 HP:59 AC:23Touch:17 FF:NA CMD:20 F:5 R:13 W:6 Inti:+7

Kipa sits down and just takes in every one is saying. []If we can get close to the camp, maybe two of us can scout out the camp to see where the main target is. If we can take him out, I think STorn is right, the rest will disburse. The worse that could happen is one of the weaker ones would take over. In that case it would be easier to take them out.[/b]

Silver Crusade

Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12

Quill shrugs, not having a better plan.

"Tell me what you want me to do," Quill says, happy to help as long as his life isn't in danger (like between Storn and some sleeping owlbear that Storn feels the need to pick a fight with).

"Let's get moving then?"


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

"Let's rest here, and then in the morning go try to talk to the giants. I don't think we need to get bigger to do that..." Sander suggests.

Rest, then go back to the giant families and we'll try Diplomacy.

"Storn, don't wear that horrible nail mail."


Male CG Human Warpriest 8 | HP: 56/67| AC: 24 (13 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 21 (+2 bull rush, +4 vs disarm) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 2/5 1/3 | SW 8/8 | Blessings: 4/7 | CLW: 47/50 LR: 47/50 Fervor 4/7 | Active conditions: Enlarge person, shield of faith, ironskin, protection from evil, divine favor, detructive attacks, haste

"Aggrimmosh will grant someone giant size for a full twenty minutes. That will be plenty. My giant is bad and nobody likes me. Someone else should speak."

Storn agrees that he shouldn't wear the gross toenail armour and stays in his amazing spiked plate.


SFS Signup sheet

It took three full days of sneaky travel to get back to the caves where you had marked had the giant families. Three days of worrying over the time it was taking, backed by the understanding that you had been lucky so far in only meeting giants in twos and threes. Three days of hiking, hiding, and complaining. Most of the complaints came from Storn, as the big man wasn't keen on sneaking about, seeing as how he did it poorly and didn't get to hit things while he did it.

Finally, though, you managed to find the caves that Molly had scouted over a week ago.


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

"OK. I guess Agrimmosh can make one of us look like a giant ... though maybe we shouldn't approach that way? I think looking less dangerous might be better. Who wants to talk to them? I guess I could..."

Are *any* of us at all trained in Diplomacy? I think we should assume that person approaches. *I* think we should start by asking why they're not with the army and see if there may be any common cause.


Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

"I'm fluent in Giant," Molly offers. "And a decent enough liar."

I have Bluff, but not Diplomacy.


Male CG Human Warpriest 8 | HP: 56/67| AC: 24 (13 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 21 (+2 bull rush, +4 vs disarm) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 2/5 1/3 | SW 8/8 | Blessings: 4/7 | CLW: 47/50 LR: 47/50 Fervor 4/7 | Active conditions: Enlarge person, shield of faith, ironskin, protection from evil, divine favor, detructive attacks, haste

Storn glowers. "We want to know weaknesses. How large the army is, maybe the Storm King has a sweet tooth. Where they are held up. A building we could assault would be nice. We need information. So maybe you go in offering trade? See what they want. Lie to say we're here to support the Storm King but maybe see if they don't like him very much."


SFS Signup sheet

As soon as you have your plan in place, let me know what it is and I'll set it up for failure

Silver Crusade

Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12

Quill waits to see what the smart people, and others, decide to decide. He leans on his bow and keeps an eye out for danger.

”Is there really no other way forward? Or around or what? Maybe we try to capture a patrol, I dunno. I really dunno.”


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

"I don't think we want to start off fighting," Sander disagrees. "That's just going to get them upset. Maybe one of us looks like a giant and asks why they're not with the camp. Then we can follow up from there and see if they support the Storm King. If not, we can work together."

I'll be offline until Sunday/Monday.


Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

"Right. So. I'm doing it? Then you'd better hand me the hammer an' teach me the trick so's I can grow fer a long time."


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

OK, I probably shouldn't be taking the lead, since enlarge person just makes me normal human size, but someone has to do something. ETA: I see Molly ninja'd me, but let's move us forward more than that and give the GM something to respond to.

Sander creeps toward the cave, trying to make sure he has some cover and calls out in his loudest voice.

"HELLO? IS ANYONE HOME? WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!"


Male CG Human Warpriest 8 | HP: 56/67| AC: 24 (13 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 21 (+2 bull rush, +4 vs disarm) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 2/5 1/3 | SW 8/8 | Blessings: 4/7 | CLW: 47/50 LR: 47/50 Fervor 4/7 | Active conditions: Enlarge person, shield of faith, ironskin, protection from evil, divine favor, detructive attacks, haste

Storn remains back with the rest of the group, wearing his regular armour and watching carefully.

Silver Crusade

Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12

Quill waits to see what the smart people do. He leans on his bow and keeps an eye out for danger.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SFS Signup sheet

Molly grew to a little over 10 feet, making her just slightly large than most of the smaller giants you have run into. She hefted the hammer a few times to get the feel of it, then grinned. Sander called out to the giants in their own language, waiting for something to happen. No one came out, but you could hear the sound of voices within several of the caves.

Molly strode in close, confident in both her size and disguise. She saw what Kipa had reported. Most of the caves seemed to be shallow, one-room chambers, but a couple appeared larger. The shallow caves looked to be temporary shelters, but one of the large ones she stuck her head into looked to go pretty far back, with many chambers. It looked to hold many families in it, judging by the different piles of laundry, goods, and other items. However, despite the voices, it looked empty.

Finally, she peeked into the largest of the caves and came nose to nose with a pair of cave giants whose arms and demeanor shouted "guards" louder than a glowing sign could have. In giantish, one spoke.

"What do you want, human? And why shouldn't we smash you to pieces?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22.
Snake Style, activate! AC becomes 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27.

"Human?" Molly repeats, innocently, while glancing over her shoulder (and taking a couple of steps back). "What human? Where's the human? I don't see any human, don't be silly."

(Remarkably, Molly's Giantish is far more civilised and eloquent than her Common.)

"I was just passing by, wondering why you folks are all out here, 'stead of with the army. No need for any smashing here, gents."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
SFS Signup sheet

"Yer too soft-looking to be a giant. Yer just a human who got big. Never seen a giant with cheekbones like that. And yer jaw's too narrow. Why do yer type always assume giants are stupid? Bugger off, lady, before you get yerself killed."

I mean honestly, this versus this? You could at least have tried a disguise!

Silver Crusade

Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12

Lol. Hard to argue with that.

Quill waits, blissfully hoping for something not bad to happen. Maybe Molly will get some good information about the leaders or where things are happening. Or how to get to them. Something.


Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

Molly scratches herself behind an ear and sighs.

"Well, ta be fair, we haveta deal with a lot of Ogres, Trolls and Hill Giants," she says, shrugging -- and slipping back into her usual accent, "an' none'a them's e'er gonna be in line fer tha Mr. Clever Award, 'm I right? Fair cop, guv, fair cop. An' thanks fer the kind word on me cheekbones; got 'em from me Mum. Still 'n all… yer bein' surprisingly civil about this, gents. Especially what with the great, bloody army gettin' ready ta kill all what in't a Giant. Ye mind awful if'n I ask what that's about 'fore I leave?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
SFS Signup sheet

"Sure, sure. We tell you all the big info, and then you and your friends hiding out back kill us, take our stuff, and then go through the tunnel to kill the rest of our friends. Not a chance, lady. Look, the only reason I'm not trying to shove my axe into yer brain-case is the wife and kids are over there, and I don't feel like upsetting them. So, clear out over there. Go through the front door like everyone else."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

"Actually, we spotted your lot a while back," Molly says, with complete honesty. "An' we went around. We're not in the business'a killin' old mums, old dads an' kiddies. Whatcha think we are? Orcs? Drow? Undead?"

The Witch makes a casual hand gesture.
"Really, ya think we wanna be here, mixin' it up wit' Giants? Your lot hit like a ruddy avalanche, an' tha weather o'er here's crap fer us smaller folk. Only reason we's here, is 'cause the big man over wit' th'army's kill-crazy enough ta wanna snuff us all. Our old mums an' dads, our husbands, wives an' kids -- those as has 'em. I haven't got 'round ta it yet, but me Mum wants grandkids, so … ye know.

Mister, I don't want ta take yer stuff or kill yer friends. Not really. If ye were chargin' me kill-crazy an' I managed ta top ye, heck yeah, I'd loot yer corpse. But I'm not makin' a career outta smashin' folks' homes an' slittin' throat, just ta line me pockets. If I want money bad-like, I'll swindle some rich fool who thinks 'e can play cards! If we could talk ta yer lot an' git 'em not ta come chargin' down tha mountain, that'd be great. I'd be all for it! But what's the odds'a that workin'?"


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

Sander, pleased Molly's dealing with all of this, makes sure he's about 20 feet away from the cave entrance. Just to be safe, he drinks his extract of fly.

As Quill said, hard to argue with the big-grinning giant.


SFS Signup sheet

"Pretty low, honestly. There's a lot going on here and a lot of giants, and they ain't likely to be stopping. So, turn around and go away. Move your families if you think they're in danger. You're not likely going to be stopping this army by yourselves. "

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12

+1 to Molly. You’re doing great.

Quill listens, watches for dangers and falling stones.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

"Mister, from what we hear, once that lot starts chargin' down tha mountain, they ain't stoppin' 'fore they got sea-spray in their faces," Molly says. "An' blood unner their boots!

Look, ye said ye don' want folks turnin' o'er yer homes an' scarin' tha wife an' kids, yeah? Well, we don' want a ruddy big army stompin' on our homes an' eatin' tha family! 'Fore ye say I'm insultin' Giantkind or summat, there's Ogres an' Trolls in yon army, an' ye know what they do ta folks they take down. Honestly, wit' Ogres, gettin' et is tha soft option."

Molly shudders -- without any kind of theatrics.

"Mister, I'm lookin' fer anythin' what might work 'ere. Ye say there's a lot goin' on, an' ye an' yer kin ain't wit' tha big army. Is there any Giants what's not on board wit' tha whole 'stomp an' kill'-scheme? Any at all? Is there any goin' on what might nip this madness in tha bud?
An' why would any of ye e'en want ta charge all tha way down? Are ye starvin'? Are ye out'a space ta live? All we heard was a Half-Troll nattin' on 'bout some ancient prophecy or summat we ne'er heard about."

Molly gives the Giant a pleading look.

"There ain't nothin' good in this fer anybody.
Yeah, yon army could stomp Trunau, pro'lly make a big mess o'our lands goin' south ... but then ye run inta bigger cities, ones wit' big armies an' wizardin' schools an' master temples, all of 'em talkin' ta each other. They'll scorch tha earth ta stop ye.
Yon army might reach tha sea, but they'll be worn down ta a stub, e'en if they snuff all wha's 'tween them an' tha water. Might nae be enough ta feed tha mouths o'their kids an' tha war-orphans.
An' it won't end there! There's folks 'cross tha sea, things livin' under tha earth… Take away tha smallfolk what's there now, shift tha balance all outta whack, an' all kinds'll come along sniffin' fer blood. Yer people are mighty, but ye breed slow, compared ta us. If any survivors make it out, their kids an' grandkids'll come back a host."


SFS Signup sheet

"Whoah there! I didn't say we weren't with the army. I said our families weren't. And yeah, you may be right...assuming the Storm Tyrant has no other allies. But he ain't alone, to hear him tell it. thousands of giants, backed by dragons, gods, and heavy magic. Look, you wanna mess with this army, you go right ahead. But leave us out of whatever shenanigans yer planning. I'll even tell my boys to step aside and let you waltz right in the back door. Not like it'll make any difference in the long run. Or, you can be smart and leave. Choice is yours, but there's a lot of caves to hide in, and only one body for most mortals."


Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

"Bigshots always says they gots it all, Mister Man," Molly says. "'s How they get tha chumps ta join their brute squads, an' keep tha right-minded folks afraid ta say they're not down wit' tha slaughter. An' anyway, tha gods're wit everyone, an' there's magic goin' spare on Golarion. Dragons cin die, same as smallfolk; juss' need ta stick 'em enough where it hurts.

I'll take yer offer an' be thankful fer it. We got nae quarrel wit' ye what juss' wanna live, nor yer families. All we want is ta stop wha's an' who's comin' ta deny us tha same thing ye want; ta live yer lives wit' yer folk. We'll nae say we saw ye, nor talked ta ye, an' pass in peace as ye let us."

The Witch Winks at this point.
"Ne'er know. A wee thing can make a diff'rence in tha right place, an' tha universe ain't made'a reason an' smarts. Oftentimes, it's down ta grit an' stubbornness. Good fortune an' peace ta ye."

= = = = = = = = = =

Molly goes to collect the rest of the team after this, telling them what happened.

"Sneakin' in tha back door sounds juss' tha ticket, ta be honest. 's Better'n goin' in front an' gettin' stomped; this way, we can surprise them fer a change, if all goes right."


Male CG Human Warpriest 8 | HP: 56/67| AC: 24 (13 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 21 (+2 bull rush, +4 vs disarm) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 2/5 1/3 | SW 8/8 | Blessings: 4/7 | CLW: 47/50 LR: 47/50 Fervor 4/7 | Active conditions: Enlarge person, shield of faith, ironskin, protection from evil, divine favor, detructive attacks, haste

Storn claps Molly on the back with love and appreciation one usually reserved for hammering in a fence post. "Ya did it! Good job Molly. I'm sorry for all the times I called you weird even though you're still very weird."


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

Sander nods, happy to go in the back door if that's an option.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12

Quill nods, also a back door elf.

”Yeah, good job Molly. Who’d da thunk you weren’t ugly enough to pass as a giant, huh? I thought you were...” Quill says, trying to me mollifyingly helpful.

When the party moves, he’s happy to hustle through.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

Molly just grins at Storn, but the look she casts on Quill is ... prophetic. It predicts terrible things in a certain someone's future.

That's all IC, not OOC. ^_^


SFS Signup sheet

The real question is do you TRUST the giants to let you through the "back door"


Male CG Human Warpriest 8 | HP: 56/67| AC: 24 (13 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 21 (+2 bull rush, +4 vs disarm) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 2/5 1/3 | SW 8/8 | Blessings: 4/7 | CLW: 47/50 LR: 47/50 Fervor 4/7 | Active conditions: Enlarge person, shield of faith, ironskin, protection from evil, divine favor, detructive attacks, haste

"Right, so what's our approach? Do we treat this like they've wraned the Storm King we're coming, or do we take them at their word? Maybe both? Whatever trap they set I can set off with my face and then punch to death."


Male CG Human Warpriest 8 | HP: 56/67| AC: 24 (13 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 21 (+2 bull rush, +4 vs disarm) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 2/5 1/3 | SW 8/8 | Blessings: 4/7 | CLW: 47/50 LR: 47/50 Fervor 4/7 | Active conditions: Enlarge person, shield of faith, ironskin, protection from evil, divine favor, detructive attacks, haste

Storn looks at the rest of the group. "No time like the present. Let's get moving."

If I understand the conversation right, our expectation is we can just walk in and we can go through the caves to the 'back door'. If that's the case, pushing to go in now.


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

Good plan. Thanks for pushing. As usual, we'll let Storn lead the way, so it's his face that gets broken if they betray us.


SFS Signup sheet

What? Not going to use Kipa's head as a battering ram and his body as a flesh buckler?


Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

We're not barbarians! ... Well, not all of us.
Besides, there's not enough skin on a Halfling for a decent buckler, and their skulls shatter too easily to make a good ram.

Silver Crusade

Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12

Quill nods at Storn, ready to make a run for it or fight their way through or whatever, but just going forward and getting out of this series of canyons seems like a good plan.


SFS Signup sheet

At Molly's call, you make your way to the giant caves. While you can hear sounds of family life in the other rooms, you see no giants but the "guard" who is escorting you through the main area. Alert for any signs of a trap, you see none. It truly appears that this giant simply doesn't care if you make it into the encampment, preferring to see the giant families left safe, and perhaps let the rest of the giant army deal with you.

As you passed into the pitch black of a long cave tunnel, the giant called after you.

"I ain't the only guard stationed in these caves, and I doubt the others will just let you pass. Still, if you can make it to the main camp, good luck. You're gonna need a lot of it!"

Pitch black caves and a lot of walking. What sources of light do you have/need? Carry on.


Female Changeling Witch 7/Brawler 1: Init +1; Perception +3; Darkvision; AC 16 (+1 Dex., +1 natural, +4 armor); hp 53/43; Fort +5; Ref +5; Will +6

I have Darkvision.

"We'll try to avoid them. And thank you," Molly tells the guard.

As she turns to the others, they can briefly see Molly's pupils reflect the last light in an eerie way; green and gold. "I can see pretty well in the dark and I can be quiet, but I'm no master at spotting traps and ambushes. I'm thinkin' me an' Kipa should scout ahead, and you lot follow slow."

Silver Crusade

Quill Wand of CLW: 50/50 HP 51; AC 21 (23vgiants)/15/16; F+7,R+7,W+10;Init +5; Perc +16;Kn Eng+5; Rel+10,SenseMot+7,Spllcrft +11;Surv +12

Quill hopes someone else can provide light, but he can also cantrip up a Light spell every 10 minutes.

He agrees with Molly’s plan, still taking the rear and worried that the giants might come at the party from behind, but happy if and when it never happens.

”This will be fine. Kipa will be fine. This is good. We’ll just take on the entire giant base. Just us.”


Male CG Human Warpriest 8 | HP: 56/67| AC: 24 (13 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 21 (+2 bull rush, +4 vs disarm) | F: +7, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 2/5 2/5 1/3 | SW 8/8 | Blessings: 4/7 | CLW: 47/50 LR: 47/50 Fervor 4/7 | Active conditions: Enlarge person, shield of faith, ironskin, protection from evil, divine favor, detructive attacks, haste

Storn casts a light spell on his spear as he walks along. "We stab like a spearpoint. Find the heart and go right there. No need to bother with the liver, the liver is always a distraction."


Male HP 55, AC 19, Touch 14, FF 16, F9/R10/W4, CMD 18 Halfling alchemist 8

Sander nods and follows along behind Storn, sure once again that they're all going to die. This was just some cruel trick of that giant, to lure them into the darkness and then let some other giant eat them.

6,101 to 6,150 of 6,575 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Giantslayer All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.