FAWTL Part 2: Wrath of the Righteous Take Two!

Game Master Jess Door


101 to 150 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Yes, please. Dungeon Master Player 15/Dungeon Master 13/Monk 2(I'm out of practice!)

Say Jess Door DM, if I get power attack as a feat can I apply it to how the ripsaw glaive works (like an extra two rounds to chainsaw-esque action?)


Somehow, I think I'm done!

"Do you like my hair in this style?"

Now for posting conventions, past/present/future tense? Third Person?

"Willow sets up the stall after a hard day. 'Hello, I'm Willow. Care to check my wares' she asks a potential buyer."

Italics for thoughts?
Bold for speech? or is that too loud?
Out of Character?


Female Gnome Ranger 1
Willow Hopgood wrote:

Somehow, I think I'm done!

"Do you like my hair in this style?"

Now for posting conventions, past/present/future tense? Third Person?

"Willow sets up the stall after a hard day. 'Hello, I'm Willow. Care to check my wares' she asks a potential buyer."

Italics for thoughts?
Bold for speech? or is that too loud?
Out of Character?

I like it, but if you puff up the back and thread some bone slivers in instead of berettes, you can really make it look like Bösioshuna, one of the lesser-known-but-still-famous succubi. Rumor has it her tears provide eternal youth if you can move her to genuine sadness without the use of magic. I wonder what her other humours can do.... quietly sets aside a vial for sample collection


I find bold for speech too distracting, but if the party likes it, I have no objection.

Like this post for bold speech. :)

worrgrendel got rear-ended yesterday, so he might not get the final character set up finished until this weekend.

Purple is definitely what I prefer for out of character - I just find that much easier, as those are usually reuqests for clarification or questions and answers on mechanical things, it's easiest to have that stuff clearly called out.

Freehold DM wrote:


Say Jess Door DM, if I get power attack as a feat can I apply it to how the ripsaw glaive works (like an extra two rounds to chainsaw-esque action?)

No, because that doesn't increase your strength. Raging would do it, though.


Female Gnome Ranger 1
Jess Door GM wrote:

I find bold for speech too distracting, but if the party likes it, I have no objection.

Like this post for bold speech. :)

worrgrendel got rear-ended yesterday, so he might not get the final character set up finished until this weekend.

Purple is definitely what I prefer for out of character - I just find that much easier, as those are usually reuqests for clarification or questions and answers on mechanical things, it's easiest to have that stuff clearly called out.

Freehold DM wrote:


Say Jess Door DM, if I get power attack as a feat can I apply it to how the ripsaw glaive works (like an extra two rounds to chainsaw-esque action?)
No, because that doesn't increase your strength. Raging would do it, though.

well, That's just nutty-gritty....


Evil GM

Oh no, poor worrgrendel. Hope it wasn't too bad a crash, that he and the car are fine.


Yes, please. Dungeon Master Player 15/Dungeon Master 13/Monk 2(I'm out of practice!)

Is worrgrendel ok?

Sovereign Court

Female Human Level 4 Bard

He's okay, just pissed off. the car's rear fender is destroyed, but it was still drivable.

He had a mustang, and it got flooded while he was taking his mother in law to the airport in a flash flood - so he bought a new one this summer.

And now it's been crash tested. Whee.

So...he was a bit annoyed.


Yes, please. Dungeon Master Player 15/Dungeon Master 13/Monk 2(I'm out of practice!)
Jess Door wrote:

He's okay, just pissed off. the car's rear fender is destroyed, but it was still drivable.

He had a mustang, and it got flooded while he was taking his mother in law to the airport in a flash flood - so he bought a new one this summer.

And now it's been crash tested. Whee.

So...he was a bit annoyed.

sorry to hear. Positive waves sent m


All man Agitator 1/Bluecollar Worker 2

Add some more positive waves for Worrgrendel.


Thanks for the positives. I'm OK. My car will be OK. But I'm still pissed off and really just wanna kill the guy.

On the bright side my character is done.

Here is the sheet:

Hiro Nakamura

Still trying to figure out the whole alias thing. Working on it.

Let me know what you think about my character and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Oh I have 2 more languages to choose any suggestions?


Male Human Kensai Magus 1

OK I think this is my alias talking...

Is there a way to upload a different picture for my avatar?


Evil GM

Yep, if you go to "My Account" scroll down to the "Messageboard Alias" click on "Edit" then there's an avatar selection.


Male Human Kensai Magus 1

I meant a pic of my own. Not one from the Paizo pre-gens.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Level 4 Bard

no, you have to use a paizo pregen.

I'm sure you can find something, though. :)

As for languages, maybe Draconic (because he uses magic) and Celestial (I'm sure the celestials have been helping in the fight)?

The Exchange

Damnit now I need to come up with a good character idea.

Want an elven wizard with a pet dog(s).

Sovereign Court

Female Human Level 4 Bard

Whatever you want!

The Exchange

Jess Door wrote:
Whatever you want!

That could be dangerous.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Level 4 Bard

Okay, within the already stated rules.

:)

Sovereign Court

Female Human Level 4 Bard

and as a fair warning, in my IRL game, rocks fell, and someone died.

So, I reserve the right... >:D


Female Half-Elf (Taldan) Paladin 1

Someone remember to bring an umbrella. A sturdy one!


Yes, please. Dungeon Master Player 15/Dungeon Master 13/Monk 2(I'm out of practice!)
Jess Door wrote:

and as a fair warning, in my IRL game, rocks fell, and someone died.

So, I reserve the right... >:D

*gulp*


Evil GM
Ionnia von Sturnidae wrote:
Someone remember to bring an umbrella. A sturdy one!

I was thinking a parasol... but that'd be no protection against Roc's claws.


Adamantium Umbrella? ;)

Looks like you have a great group going Jess. Can't wait to read it!

Unless,...

Did I read right when you posted in the FAWTL thread? Do you still have an open spot?

And if you do, may I apply?
:)


Ragadolf, yes! I was supposed to start things this past weekend, and things...got away from me. It's worrgrendel's fault, he invited me over to his place. :)

I should have some time this Sunday! :D Can you have a character by then?


All man Agitator 1/Bluecollar Worker 2

Look at me - I'm being proactive!

Made a nice print-out of the Marshal and Universal path abilities until I can pick up a hard-cover version of the Mythics books.


Evil GM

Yay, and I will get around to looking at Mythic at some point. :P
Being I'll possibly go towards an Archmage... possibly.... if/when we get that far.
Although I'm still trying to work out if I want to change Willows name from Hopgood...


It's best to pick your path out now, because it has bearing on which campaign trait you'll use.

does everyone have their campaign trait picked?


Female Half-Elf (Taldan) Paladin 1

Yep.

I'm one of them third-generation Child of the Crusade types, me.


Willow does, she was adopted after her noble warden parents were lost into the Rift.


I show the following four characters ready to go:

Ionnia von Sturnidae, Child of the Crusade trait
Kipka Jinxspittle, Exposed to Awfulness trait

Willow Hopgood, Riftwarden Orphan
Hiro Nakamura, Riftwarden Orphan

Worrgrendel and DSXMachina, you share the same trait. It is suggested you should be related. Given Hiro's...unusual...antecedents, it could be quite far back from his perspective, and in the future from Willow's. Is there anything in particular you'd like to have happen? Not happen? GM's choice?

CrimJ and/or Ragadolf, are you still interested?


Male Human Kensai Magus 1

My parents could be descendants of Willows parents. I'm willing to run with it if Willow is. Could make for some interesting RP'ing if we happen to run into great, great, great, great, great grandma and grandpa at some point!


Yep, that could work really well. The strange altering of time when you get near a planar rift would be interesting. But I'd be happy to run with it & have Willow knowing little about her lost parents...

She was adopted by an 'uncle & aunt' who used to work on her families estate.


Okay, cool. :)


Oh, hey!
Yes, I'm still interested, if you are. :)

I am crazy myself this week, (Halloween concert week) but I should be able to make/find/steal time to make a PC by Sunday.

I haven't looked at what all everyone has made already, but I was thinking, I play SO many Sorceres/wizzies, maybe I'd try something completely different, (for me) A cleric.

Of course, he'd have to be something 'cool' I was thinking a cleric of Cayden?

He can either be the ultimately opptomistic voice of the group, or perhaps having a crises of faith, trying to keep his 'Cayden-ness' despite all that he has seen in the worldwound.

ANy thoughts?


Or a gunslinger.

J/K,... Mostly

:)


Evil GM
Ragadolf wrote:

Oh, hey!

Yes, I'm still interested, if you are. :)

I am crazy myself this week, (Halloween concert week) but I should be able to make/find/steal time to make a PC by Sunday.

I haven't looked at what all everyone has made already, but I was thinking, I play SO many Sorceres/wizzies, maybe I'd try something completely different, (for me) A cleric.

Of course, he'd have to be something 'cool' I was thinking a cleric of Cayden?

He can either be the ultimately opptomistic voice of the group, or perhaps having a crises of faith, trying to keep his 'Cayden-ness' despite all that he has seen in the worldwound.

ANy thoughts?

I've played a Cleric of Cayden, in fact he's my only PFS character. He was a lot of fun, in fact his stat's are in my Alias' (if you want to steal them for a basis). Jace was more about the freedom & love aspect than the drinking part, so there's definite options available.


Heh,...
Hm,...

A cleric of Cayden, who appreciates a good Calistrian party.

NOW we have a concept! :D


Meeting up with 2 worshippers of Shelyn (beauty), now that could be an interesting party. Especially with the added bonus of kicking some demons.

:P

(Plus the added healing is always useful)


I have a cleric of Cayden Cailean myself in a pbp. :)


I just read about Cayden a while back, (I think it was in the back of one of the AP's) And it just sounded,... fun.

(Also, it reminded me of an old gaming buddy. that's pretty much how he played every PC) ;P

Also, I have yet to meet a party that would ever turn down extra healing. :)

Also also, a couple of the mid-to-high lvl cleric spells are up on par with the wizzies. What's not to luv? :D

I shall start working on this tonight.
Late tonight. I have a Halloween concert to run tonight. Doors open in an hour. Time to go get into costume(s) :D


Yes, please. Dungeon Master Player 15/Dungeon Master 13/Monk 2(I'm out of practice!)

What a strange lot.


Female Gnome Ranger 1

I like them. While sociology is not a forte of mine, I do find it interesting.... puts aside vials for humor collection


Wow.
There are a LOT of Faith and Religion Traits.

A. Lot.

:/


Yes, please. Dungeon Master Player 15/Dungeon Master 13/Monk 2(I'm out of practice!)
Ragadolf wrote:

Wow.

There are a LOT of Faith and Religion Traits.

A. Lot.

:/

Part of the reason why I made Kipka as close to an atheist as you'll find in a world like Golarion. Also its a damn interesting challenge.


Evil GM
Ragadolf wrote:

Wow.

There are a LOT of Faith and Religion Traits.

A. Lot.

:/

Yeah, a ton of them. (at least you only have to pick 1 & the campaign trait) I find the +1 extra Channel is good. Alteratively just find one that either sounds good or gives a Class Skill.


extra channel always useful.

I like the 'Fortified Drinker' Religion trait. At least for a worshiper of Cayden.
'Whenever you imbibe any alcoholic beverage, you gain a +2 trait bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects for 1 hour.'

It's in character!

:)


Yes, that's a good one. But wouldn't you rather have a nice cup of tea?

:p


Or a large mug of dark red, succulent and tasty blööd?


OK, I'm NOT trying to munchkin/min-max/super-duper/uber my PC or anything, But I also can't recall the last time I built a cleric either,... SO,... ;P

I also seriously doubt that this AP will be a walk in the park either.
I am considering the Channeling feat that allows a Cleric's channel to affect outsiders. (I would choose 'evil', of course) :)

So, opinions on the effectiveness of the channel ability used in combat as a weapon, instead of for healing. Is it worth the feat to be able to deity-bomb outsiders? Or is it a resource that gets used so often I should save it for the party?

Just looking for opinions, If anyone else has any cool/fun sounding feat or trait combos, please let me know!

Thanks!

101 to 150 of 513 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / FAWTL Wrath of the Righteous, Take 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.