Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |Island Gazetteer | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES | Naval Combat
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice] (Always in surprise)
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice] (+2 in the water)
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Art]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+15[/dice] (+4 v. Traps, +2 in water)
[dice=Slappy]d20+17[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Art]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+14[/dice] (+2 in Water)
[dice=Slappy]d20+14[/dice]

Sense Motive
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Art]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+14[/dice]

Prof Sailor/Pirate
[dice=Kilt]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Art]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+12[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]


3,551 to 3,593 of 3,593 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

AC: +19, T: +14, FF: +15 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 45 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

"Heave to! ye heared the Cap'n!"


M Human L7 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 61 / 61 Init +5; Panache: 3 / 3 CL 4 / 4 AC 21 FF 15 T 16; F3 R8 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 8
FA Tooth:
[dice=Tooth]d20+13[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice]

that was going to be my first guess...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Try as the crew might, no amount of searching yields results. Before long the fog rolls out, and there is no sign of the Deathknell.


M Human L7 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 61 / 61 Init +5; Panache: 3 / 3 CL 4 / 4 AC 21 FF 15 T 16; F3 R8 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 8
FA Tooth:
[dice=Tooth]d20+13[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice]

Well that wasn't the LEAST bit foreboding. ONWARD!!!


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 7 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF 14 : HP: 58/58 Per: +17 Init: +2: Fort: +4 Ref: +8: Will +6

Slappy waits till the officer meeting after dinner and a round of rum. Making sure that none of the crew is listening.

Cap'n, brothers I think we need to prepare. It can't be good seeing a ghost Slappy does air quotes on the word ghost ship. This ghost ship is toying with us. I want to take heed to the warning and prepare. Kiltem if ya need ta pray for spells, lets pray for some that's good against the non living. We've fought them before, so what did we learn? I would prefer not to use fire out here on the sea. Cap'n, Ko what's can we wargame out our playbook?


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 7, HP 65 (65), AC 19 (T32,FF16), Init +6, Per +11, Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3, CMD 23, CMB +10

Ko considers with a furrowed brow, "Based on the way it was moving, I think we have to assume that it doesn't obey the normal rules of wind and sail. In other words, we won't be able to maneuver against it. I think we have to assume that it will catch us, and then try to enact whatever dark fate it has in mind for us. Lucky, if know any more of the legends that might help, please tell. Regardless, I think our best option is to lay in wait for them. We could hide beneath the decks and lay traps...ambush them when they come aboard."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +19, T: +14, FF: +15 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 45 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

I dont think I can roll again... (lookit me knowing rules and whatnot!) Did you see both spoilers above?


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 7, HP 65 (65), AC 19 (T32,FF16), Init +6, Per +11, Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3, CMD 23, CMB +10

I did

"Hmm, I wonder if I remember anything useful."

know-local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ko can't think of anything more, but the crew seems to like his plan. They're also a bit nervous. You definitely all get the sense that their confidence in you is pitted directly against their animalistic fear of the ghost ship.


M Human L7 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 61 / 61 Init +5; Panache: 3 / 3 CL 4 / 4 AC 21 FF 15 T 16; F3 R8 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 8
FA Tooth:
[dice=Tooth]d20+13[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice]

Art reads this, and decides to try to Change Their Attitude with his rousing charismatic speech.

Faugh!! You think I'm afeared of shades? SHADES?!?! Har! They attack the mind, the spirit--and our spirit is STRONG!! They do not attack us as individuals. They attack a school of PIRANHA! Let them see what is in store, we'll send em straight to the Abyss!

He pauses for 2 beats, turns to the crew and shouts PIRANHA! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!?!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25


Male Human Druid 7, HP 67/79, AC18 (T12 FF17), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +13, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)
Slappy Wundershart wrote:

Slappy waits till the officer meeting after dinner and a round of rum. Making sure that none of the crew is listening.

Cap'n, brothers I think we need to prepare. It can't be good seeing a ghost Slappy does air quotes on the word ghost ship. This ghost ship is toying with us. I want to take heed to the warning and prepare. Kiltem if ya need ta pray for spells, lets pray for some that's good against the non living. We've fought them before, so what did we learn? I would prefer not to use fire out here on the sea. Cap'n, Ko what's can we wargame out our playbook?

Hmmm... Most of my spell deal with the living, things with in the natural order... The druid shakes his head as if not really understanding strange spirits. I'll meditate on it.


AC: +19, T: +14, FF: +15 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 45 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Aid Cap Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Lucky tries to help Art sway the crew by starting a chant,
"Pirates!
Piracy!
Piranhas on the high seas!"


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 7 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF 14 : HP: 58/58 Per: +17 Init: +2: Fort: +4 Ref: +8: Will +6

Slappy decides to turn on the charm even while feeling a bit nervous himself of the supposed upcoming fight with yet more undead.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

"Ya skallywags hear da Captain! Lets use the day to our advantage prep this ship for being boarded. Let us get our prayers to Besmara, and Papa Storm, and give this foe our absolute best, let em sleep with Davy Jone's locker.

When he can find a break. Slappy talks to Kiltem I know you enjoy you taking on animal forms, but can you control the weather near us? Have Papa Storm keep some clouds and rain near? Have him energize any lightning you call down when needed?

Lets prep fall back points if needed, and canalize any foes with boxes, and I can cast grease to slow them, or make them prone. Crew with long spears to porcupine any in our funnels.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Yes, it does seem a post was eaten. I'll give a couple hours for anyone to post prep, then I'll advance.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

The crew is subdued on the third day. The time passes dreadfully slowly. As the sun begins to set, everyone is on edge. The pep talks from the day before have a clear effect on them as it's less fearful, and more an air of wanting to get this over with.

With the coming of evening, a nor’easter off the Eye sweeps across the Fever Sea, bringing a front of high winds and a purplish-black sky. Even before nightfall, the hurricane lamps must be lit to pierce the gloom. As the ship rides up and down with the swells and sporadic rain lashes the deck, the strained clanking of a bell can be heard once again coming over the water. A red ship’s lantern shines in the darkness as the dark bulk of a derelict whaler looms out of the night.

It is time! Quickly decide if you want to try and fight on deck, or ship to ship. First choice to get two votes wins!


Male Human Druid 7, HP 67/79, AC18 (T12 FF17), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +13, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

I think fighting on our decks in inevitable with a ghost ship

Kiltem feels the storm all around him and gives a fierce smile. He calls out to Papa Storm for his gifts

Casts Call Lighting


M Human L7 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 61 / 61 Init +5; Panache: 3 / 3 CL 4 / 4 AC 21 FF 15 T 16; F3 R8 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 8
FA Tooth:
[dice=Tooth]d20+13[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice]

PREPARE TO BOARD!! We're finishing this RIGHT NOW lads!! TO AAAAAAARMS!!!

he's going for speed...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human L7 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 61 / 61 Init +5; Panache: 3 / 3 CL 4 / 4 AC 21 FF 15 T 16; F3 R8 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 8
FA Tooth:
[dice=Tooth]d20+13[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice]

Get that corvus ready! Boots on their deck, and knives to their neck!!


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 7 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF 14 : HP: 58/58 Per: +17 Init: +2: Fort: +4 Ref: +8: Will +6

Ok I'm confused read slack.

So if we are going with prep spells with this storm Slappy can Cast Tiny Hut 2/hr per level so 14 hrs. He will also cast Heroism on someone lasts 70 min, and Invisibility 7 min duration on himself and one other person.

If we do want someone to board the other ship, maybe Ko, or Lucky (but I always forget if undead are affected by precision damage) one can be patient enough to sneak over to the ships captain after Kiltem softens him up with lightning.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

The Pirhana lets the ghost ship close. Within a few hundred yards, spells aboard begin to fly. The Death knell then dives into the water!

The entire ship dives like a dolphin below the inky water! Shouts come from all over the ship. Then with a roar the Deathknell breaks the surface on the other side of the Pirhana! Aboard the ghost ship stands a party of six undead; mindless, evil undead with rotten, bloated bodies and slimy greenish skin. They wear the soggy remains of their former sailor’s garb, now dangling strands of seaweed. Their stench is overpowering. Behind them stands their leader. Wordlessly he rings the ship's bell. The sound of the bell is otherworldly, and it vibrates your bones as it rings.

It's also the order to attack!

Call Lightning (stormy weather), Haste, and Invisibility for Slappy are active.

Round 1:
Lucky: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Slappy: Go
Kiltem: Go

Enemy: TBD

Foes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Ko: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 (Always in surprise)
Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Lucky: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 (+2 in the water)
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Human Druid 7, HP 67/79, AC18 (T12 FF17), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +13, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

Kilt goes last I"ll be patient. Just asking for a retcon for a few spells. Its always hard to say when you are casting these sometime before combat all are spells with at least a 70 minute duration or longer...

LongStrider, GreaterMagic Fang on self/Kiltem. The druid also takes Wildshape form, big kitty

BarkSkin on the Capitan

Freedom of Movement on Lucky


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 7 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF 14 : HP: 58/58 Per: +17 Init: +2: Fort: +4 Ref: +8: Will +6

Ok active spells:

  • Heroism: Ko
  • Invisibilty: Slappy, Lucky
  • Enlarge Person: Ko
  • Grease on the aft boarding plank

Round 1 actions

After the synchronous ohh crap from watching the whaler dive and then surface, Slappy focuses on the task at hand. The party knows whats coming, and they feel the spell infuse their body increasing their focus, and reaction. As the haste takes over they can hear the gnome's slight chuckle as he spots a few fish flopping around on the other ships deck. The fish be flippy and floppy the water is salty, between Kiltem and Ko your second death will be woe.

Actions: Standard castHaste

Move action: inspire courage:
bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy gets the party started, ending a long list of spells with a comedy routine.

Round 1:
Lucky: Go Inspire Courage (+2), Haste, Freedom of Movement, Invisibility
Art: Go Inspire Courage (+2), Haste, Barkskin
Ko: Go Inspire Courage (+2), Haste, Heroism, Enlarge Person
Slappy: Haste Inspire Courage (+2), Haste, Invisibility
Kiltem: Go Inspire Courage (+2), Haste, Longstrider, Greater Magic Fang
Enemy: TBD


AC: +19, T: +14, FF: +15 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 45 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the First
  • Current HPs:54/54
  • Invisible
  • Hasted
  • Freedom of Movement
  • Inspired

Lucky sneaks to the port gunwale and vaults over the edge, hoping to land in the enemy's life raft.

Sneaky sneaky 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 = 22


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 7, HP 65 (65), AC 19 (T32,FF16), Init +6, Per +11, Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3, CMD 23, CMB +10

Ko makes a running leap across to the other ship.

acrobatics,jump: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 7, HP 65 (65), AC 19 (T32,FF16), Init +6, Per +11, Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3, CMD 23, CMB +10

Ko quickly sizes up one of the undead creature's shambling gait and strikes with his magically granted courage, size and alacrity.

attacks are at net +5, +2 inspire courage, +2 heroism, +1 haste, +0 enlarge person (+1 from str, -1 from size). Damage +3 (+1 str from enlarge, +2 from inspire). Studied target is +2 attack and damage. AC unchanged (+1 haste, -1 size).

cutlass,studied: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
cutlass,studied: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Crit confirmation
cutlass,studied: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
cutlass,studied: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky, make an acrobatics check and update map for your location.

Ko just barely makes it across, but it's good enough. He quickly turns on the nearest zombie with a studied eye. It's an easy hit for the man, despite the poor execution.

Round 1:
Lucky: Go Inspire Courage (+2), Haste, Freedom of Movement, Invisibility
Art: Go

Ko: Hit!
Slappy: Haste
Kiltem: Go
Enemy: TBD

DM:

Blue: 14


M Human L7 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 61 / 61 Init +5; Panache: 3 / 3 CL 4 / 4 AC 21 FF 15 T 16; F3 R8 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 8
FA Tooth:
[dice=Tooth]d20+13[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice]

Current status: Haste, Barkskin, Inspire Courage (+3 hit, +2 damage, +4 AC)

Art sees Ko's brave jump to the enemy deck, but is too far away to directly help. Instead, he dashes to the nearer boarding plank, draws Tooth, and plants himself in a relaxed ready position to cover the plank.

Don't let Ko get swarmed! I'll hold here!!

He then eyes the nearest zombie, and gives him a salute & a sneer

Readied action--skewer the first undead beastie to get in range.
Will use 1 panache to increase Precise Strike damage

Readied attack: 1d20 + 13 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 3 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 14 + 2 = 23


Male Human Druid 7, HP 67/79, AC18 (T12 FF17), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +13, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

on phone, can see map but cant manipulate map

Round 1

The druid in his large tiger form looks as a ten foot tall Ko hops over to the other ship. Long legs hardly needing to jump!
Hearing the Capitan calling for someone to watch the giant slayer’s back, Kiltem answer’s the call. Enhanced speed on four swift paws is just enough to get him there. He pounds across the corvus and swipes a dinner plate sized paw at the white undead sailor.

Attack 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 22
GMF claw 2d4 + 9 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 9 + 4 + 2 = 19


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Art stands ready as Kiltem dashes in right away, easily reaching the other ship. In hanging over a bit you're technically squeezing. Still, it won't affect that attack.

Tiger Kiltem's claws are extremely powerful, nearly tearing a zombie in half! The undead doesn't stop though, and nothing short of killing it will be enough.

Who knows what Lucky is up to....

The zombies oblige and move in. Cap'n Art skewers the zombie as it approaches, wiggling his rapier to maximize the damage. It's not enough to drop it though!

Instead of attacking with a weapon, it reaches out to try and grab him! Grab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 but can't get a hold.

Two more come in, also trying to grab hold of the captain:
Red Grab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Black Grab: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
But Art is having none of it!

Two zombies go after Kiltem with their cutlasses:
White: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for DMG: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Purple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for DMG: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

One goes after Ko:
Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Miss

Whalebone Pilk hurls his harpoon at Ko. The end of the harpoon is tied solidly to the main mast.
ATK: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 but it goes way wide!

Round 2:
Lucky: Go (AoO on Pilk if you want it.)
Ko: Go
Slappy: Go
Kiltem: Go

Art: Hit AoO v. Green
Enemy: TBD

DM:

Green: 17
White: 19
Blue: 14


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 7 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF 14 : HP: 58/58 Per: +17 Init: +2: Fort: +4 Ref: +8: Will +6

Round 2

Current Conditions: Haste, Inspire Courage +2, Invisibility

Slappy flings out a familiar spell that just misses the Captain and hits his intended target. The deck gets extra slippery as a pool of grease affects the red and black zombies.

The still invisible gnome moves in order to keep everyone in range of his lingering performance.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Red REF: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Green REF: 1d20 ⇒ 18

The green falls in place, but the red zombie has no problem keeping his feet.

Round 2:
Lucky: Go (AoO on Pilk if you want it.)
Ko: Go

Slappy: Grease
Kiltem: Go
Art: Hit AoO v. Green

Enemy: TBD

DM:

Green: 17
White: 19
Blue: 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human L7 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 61 / 61 Init +5; Panache: 3 / 3 CL 4 / 4 AC 21 FF 15 T 16; F3 R8 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 8
FA Tooth:
[dice=Tooth]d20+13[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice]

well THAT sux...I thought i was blocking the plank, to allow only 1 at a time across...

Art's brow furrows a bit at his positioning, but that's the only indication of any worry. He embraces the situation, and allows his muscles to fall into the magical haste. Nail appears in his hand like a blur, and like a blur he lashes out with both weapons!

Prioritize most wounded enemy first, which appears to be green. Any attacks beyond killing first target will go to Red first.

Tooth, AoO vs. Green: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Tooth: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 29 <--THREAT #1
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 = 11

Tooth: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Nail: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 3 = 9

Tooth, Haste attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 28 <--THREAT #2
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 = 13

Tooth, CONFIRM #1: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 = 13

Tooth, CONFIRM #2: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 33
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 = 11

As there is 100% certainty of at least one of those confirming, i'll go ahead and take that panache point back!!

Good round for the Cap'n


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Art sets to work with his deadly display, weaving his rapier like a mad conductor! He drops green quickly. With another pair of attacks he drops a second zombie. With gun and blade he takes out a third!

The speed and efficiency of the kills will live on in the crew's stories for years!

Round 2:
Lucky: Go (AoO on Pilk if you want it.)
Ko: Go

Slappy: Grease
Kiltem: Go
Art: 2 Crit and a normal kill
Enemy: TBD

DM:

White: 19
Blue: 14


Male Human Druid 7, HP 67/79, AC18 (T12 FF17), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +13, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

Round 2

The tiger attacks with magical speed, its hard to believe something so large can move so fast. FULL ATTACK!!!

Attack 1 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 19
Jaws of biting 2d6 + 9 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 9 + 4 + 2 = 23

Attack 2 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 19
GMF claw 2d4 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 25

Attack 3 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 21
GMF claw 2d4 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 21

Haste attack 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 35
GMF claw 2d4 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 19

BUGGER, some lackluster rolls...


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Meanwhile, astern, Kiltem savagely attacks the zombies. the bite tears one zombie in half! The claw attacks quickly take out two more.

The crew shouts in exultation, but the officers know that this is too easy...

Round 2:
Lucky: Go (AoO on Pilk if you want it.)
Ko: Go

Slappy: Grease
Kiltem: Kills
Art: 2 Crit and a normal kill
Enemy: TBD

DM:

Blue: 14


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 7, HP 65 (65), AC 19 (T32,FF16), Init +6, Per +11, Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3, CMD 23, CMB +10

Ko moves with surprising grace despite his size, sliding up to sandwich the lead undead between him and Lucky. He lashes out with magically enhanced intensity and speed.

1st
cutlass power attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
cutlass power attack: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Crit confirmation
cutlass power attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
cutlass power attack: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Haste
cutlass power attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
cutlass power attack: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Crit confirmation
cutlass power attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
cutlass power attack: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
2nd
cutlass power attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
cutlass power attack: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Crit confirmation
cutlass power attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
cutlass power attack: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human L7 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 61 / 61 Init +5; Panache: 3 / 3 CL 4 / 4 AC 21 FF 15 T 16; F3 R8 W2(+2 vs fear); CMB 8
FA Tooth:
[dice=Tooth]d20+13[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Tooth]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice]

BOTTING FOR LUCKY

Lucky bides his time, blade at the ready, to strike the undead captain at the Opportune Moment.

Ready action: if the undead captain casts a spell, Lucky will attack to disrupt it


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ko, I don't think you applied the effects of being enlarged. (For example your blade now should be d8.)

DMG 1: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
DMG 2: 2d8 + 22 ⇒ (2, 7) + 22 = 31

Twice Ko slashes the undead captain. The hits are powerful, and the second would have felled a man. Lucky stays hidden, prepared for the words and gestures of magic.

They don't come though. Instead the captain reaches out with his hand to Ko's chest. Touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18. His hand plunges into Ko's chest and begins to steal his breath!

Ko needs to make a DC 17 FORT save or take CON dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Round 3:
Lucky: Go
Ko: Go
Slappy: Go
Kiltem: Go
Art: Go[/b]
Enemy: TBD

DM:

Pilt: 44


Male Human Druid 7, HP 67/79, AC18 (T12 FF17), CMD 20, Init +1, Percep +13, (Fort +8, Ref +5, Wil +8)

Round 3

The hasted tiger charges onto the ghost ship and pauses at the base of the steps. The druid speaks w/ his mind's voice NOW PapaStorm!
A huge bolt of lightning strikes down on the undead captain.

Call Lightning 3d10 ⇒ (9, 10, 5) = 24

reflex for 1/2, DC15


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 7 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF 14 : HP: 58/58 Per: +17 Init: +2: Fort: +4 Ref: +8: Will +6

Round 3

Current conditions: Haste, Inspire

The now visible Slappy is kind of proud at the lethality of the Piranah crew, but not totally trusting enough that he goes onto the other ship as of yet. As he moves a bit closer, he pulls out his drum. The beat is inspiring and and culminates with Kiltem's lighting. Slappy feels the power of the storm and the beat, it is almost as if he can inspire the storm to send another bolt down, but the magic isn't there yet.

Inspire courage +2


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 7, HP 65 (65), AC 19 (T32,FF16), Init +6, Per +11, Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3, CMD 23, CMB +10

Ko tries to cry out in pain, but the icy grip catches him mid breath. He struggles to resist its power.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Slappy tries to bolster the party as the others wreak havoc.

Kiltem brings down a bolt from the sky! REF: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 It strikes the undead captain. The other sailors, all fighting lesser undead of their own turn to see the strike.

The undead captain wobbles and takes a stuttering step, but doesn't fall!

Round 3:
Lucky: Go
Ko: Go

Slappy: Bard
Kiltem: ZAP
Art: Go

Enemy: TBD

DM:

Pilt: 68

3,551 to 3,593 of 3,593 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.