Discover the Lost Continent! DM Ruins Master's The Ruins of Azlant AP (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Pathfinder Society Base Classes

House Rules for Hero Points:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Optional rules mostly in the form of New Feats for Hero Points:

Arcane Surge (Prerequisites - Arcane Class) (Allows wielder to increase a spell DC by 3 for 1 round by expending a Hero Point),

Attune Item (Prerequisites - A Weapon of Legacy) (Allows wielder to expend one hero point to add +3 to attack and damage for the scene with chosen item),

Defensive Ward (Prerequisites - Dodge) (Allows wielder to expend one hero point to give yourself a +3 Luck bonus to AC for the scene),

Divine Surge (Prerequisites - Divine Class) (Allows wielder to increase a spell DC by 3 for 1 round by expending a Hero Point),

Heroic Feat (Prerequisites - None) (Any saving throw successfully made 10 points above an effects DC automatically allows the character to regain 1 used Hero Point),

Heroic Grace (Prerequisite - None) (Allows wielder to expend one hero point to add +1 to all saving throws or +3 to one saving throw for one scene),

Heroic Quickness (Prerequisites - Improved Initiative) (Allows wielder to expend one hero point to add +3 to Initiative checks),

Manifesting Surge (Prerequisites - Psionic Class) (Allows wielder to increase a powers save DC by 3 for 1 round by expending a Hero Point).


101 to 130 of 130 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Inactive

"Thank you for the opportunity! I will not waste it." Arken leaves the citadel and takes some time to see the city, before asking for direction and heading to Shining Sea Inn.

"Hello." Arken smiles broadly to whoever meets the visitors. "Mr. Smedrik told me to come here."


Xarann just nods along when the man mentions he's made it aboard the expedition, not saying much now that he'd finished the interview. "I'll speak with the man at the inn, thank you. I look forward to our venture."

At the inn, Xarann walks to the innkeep. "Mr. Smedrik send me."


Female Undine Undine Adept/Field Agent 1
Spoiler:
HP 9/9 | AC 15 TO 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +7 | CMD 13 | Init +3 | Perc +8 |

Jora smiles confidently and shakes Smedrik's hand. "Happy to be aboard. You've made a wise choice." She leaves his office beaming all the way to the Shining Sea Inn. She gives Smedrik's name to the inn keeper for her key, and goes looking for her room to settle in.


F Aquatic Elf Rogue 1

Grins and nods. " I'll try to pick some up on the way to the inn then for you bossman." And then she moved quickly out the door, heading to the Shining Sea inn. After getting her room key, and settling her stuff in the room, she would hang out in the common area, listening to the tales of this new port.


Andoran - Almas - Citadel of the Supreme Elect - Interviews

Jeanuel:
Smedrik grins, "You will find no servants on this colony, simply service.

Still, your talents are many an varied. I've seen many one dimensional candidates something you clearly are not.

If you've servants, they are not welcome. However, there are rooms at the Shining Sea Inn, head there and give the Innkeep my name. A room key will be waiting for you with only that information. Congratulations, you are on board! Tonight you'll meet those that you will journey with".

---

Andoran - Almas - the Shining Sea Inn - Everyone

As the sky drags the sun to night, the Shining Sea Inn looms before you. Ahead and behind you see several dozen who are all headed to the Inn, all have bags packed and wistful looks in their eyes.

The Inn itself is a beautiful building decorated in sea and sailing motifs. It's at least four stories high. The activity there is substantial with people coming to and fro.

Several soldiers guard the environs watching all who come and go though they do not say anything to anyone their looks are clearly there to intimidate any who would seek to commit bad acts.

The front door is wide open. As you enter there are two men and two women behind the front desk. They smile when you drop the name of Mr. Smedrik, "Right this way".

You are led to your rooms, reserved for just you of course.

"The Captain will be hosting dinner tonight. Feel free to mingle with other crew members in the meantime".

OK, you'll have some time to find each other and interact. I'll post again when I can.


Male Vanara Sacred Fist / Pathfinder Delver 1 | HP 11/11 AC:19 T:19 F:15 | Saves F:4 R:5 W:6 | Init:4 | Per:9 low-light | CMB:0 CMD:19 | Speed: 30 ft Character Sheet

Kesari made his way to his room and had a look around, finding everything to his satisfaction (he didn't have any specific exceptions anyway). He lay in the bed for a few minutes rest, before getting up and making his way back out to the common room. He looked around at all the others gathering there, who he suspected were all part of the expedition. He recognized a couple of others, Aleasia and Jora from the Pathfinder lodge, while the others were unknown to him.

After observing for a while, he started introducing himself to people, making sure to omit any reference to the Pathfinders. When he talked to Aleasia and Jora, he was careful to act as if he was meeting them for the first time. "Good afternoon, I am Kesari. Are you part of the great expedition too? It's so exciting to be getting started!"

Bluff, taking 10 (to pretend that he hasn't met them before): 10 + 4 = 14


F Aquatic Elf Rogue 1

Bluff, ten to pretend otherwise: 10 + 7 = 17

Looks and grins widely, acting as if she had no idea who this person was. " I am Aleasia, it is a pleasure to share water with you. Perhaps we shall met the rest of the party and they be as friendly as you." Her greeting seemed to be a formal one, adding to the act they did not know each other. She was well rested from her nights stay, and was looking forward to continuing towards the colony.


Half-elf sorcerer (crossblooded, wildblooded) 1 Init +3| Perception +5 | HP 9/9| AC 13/13T/10FL| Fort 2/Ref 3/Will -1| Jeanuel minus the Red Hair

Jeanuel took his key and smiled polite before turning about and finding his room. He made sure he was properly settled and checked his appearance before making his way down into the inn's main room with a book.

He would have to find a time to keep up his ruse at some point, at least until their trip had begun truly.

He curled up with his book for awhile and listened curiously to his surroundings.

Perform Sing?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

I wasn't sure if I should have to roll anything at the moment but I felt since he is not a known candidate to the others, that he'd have to be eavesdropping and peeling through the layers of lies to figure out other members. And...you know, gotta work that identity a bit!


Female Undine Undine Adept/Field Agent 1
Spoiler:
HP 9/9 | AC 15 TO 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +7 | CMD 13 | Init +3 | Perc +8 |

After leaving her gear in her room, Jora joins the rest of the crew in the common room, but chooses not to socialize too much. Better to keep up the lone scholar act for the time being. Instead, she begins working on her journal. She records the details of her journey so far, omitting anything in reference to the Pathfinders or other sensitive information.


Inactive

Arken drops his backpack in his room and joins the rest of the crew, buying some meals and drinks and enjoying the small talk.


Andoran - Almas - the Shining Sea Inn - Everyone - Dinner Party

After settling in, you exit your room to mingle a bit in a large, ornate, wonderfully decorated Hall. No one is the wiser as you interact with one another as if for the first time. Most are not Pathfinders and are excited and nervous to be here.

As dusk arrives, the food begins to arrive. The food served is typical Andoran fare excellent and prepared by what are some of their best chefs as everything is delicious. The room in the Inn is packed to beyond capacity.

Smedrik is nowhere to be seen.

A set of double doors opens and a female human enters the room with a human male and a female half elf.

The hall falls silent as the human female begins to speak, her voice amplified by a bit of magic, "Greetings friends and travelers. I am Ramona Avandth designated by the Bountiful Venture Company to make this, the second journey to the Andoran colony, Talmandor’s Bounty.

I will be the person to contact should you have any questions or concerns. I will also the person who is "in charge" of the expedition. I have no wish to be a tyrant or appear overbearing. But. We journey to a far away strange place. I will need you, all of you, to follow my lead. We need to work together to make this a successful venture. Captain".

The human male steps forward, "I am Captain Jacob Markosi Captain of the Peregrine. On my ship of course I give the orders. Still, I shall defer to Ramona on any matters which do not directly impact the well being of my ship. With me here is first mate Naerath.

As the journey begins I am sure we will all get to know one another. BY tomorrow I will have a full manifest of the crew, soldiers, and passengers that will be making the trip. Enjoy this meal and the soft beds that have been procured for you tonight, when we set sail no such luxuries await. The Peregrine is comfortable enough for a pleasure cruise but this is no such things. We will be at maximum capacity from a standpoint of travelers and supplies as we carry not only what we need, but provisions for the colony already in place".

Ramona steps forward again, "Once again congratulations to you all and I hope you are all looking forward to this as I am.

Once we set sail though, the time for questions and doubts is at an end, we will be off and will not return for months at the earliest. If you need to drop, do so tonight that we may find others still in the city to take your place. If you have any concerns, I shall be here in the main Hall to listen to them for tomorrow will be too late".


Male Vanara Sacred Fist / Pathfinder Delver 1 | HP 11/11 AC:19 T:19 F:15 | Saves F:4 R:5 W:6 | Init:4 | Per:9 low-light | CMB:0 CMD:19 | Speed: 30 ft Character Sheet

Kesari sampled the different dishes, some of which were unfamiliar to him. He was more used to the cuisine of Jalmeray (although the monastery food has been plainer than what was normal for the region). He was still a little sketchy on human table manners, sometimes 'sampling' his neighbors' food. He listened more than he talked (he was a bit nervous about saying something that might make people wonder what he had been doing in Absalom.

After Ramona Avandth made her speech, he waited for a chance to find out the details of the departure schedule. He had thought of a couple of things to buy before the expedition set out.


Female Undine Undine Adept/Field Agent 1
Spoiler:
HP 9/9 | AC 15 TO 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +7 | CMD 13 | Init +3 | Perc +8 |

[b]"If anyone still has doubts at this point, they shouldn't even be here. Better to go home and let someone qualified have the position," Jora says. She's speaking mostly to herself without looking up from her meal, but says it loudly enough that anyone could hear if they were listening. Otherwise, she didn't have much to say to anyone, Ramona included.

After dinner, she turned in early to get ready for the journey ahead.


Inactive

Arken agrees with Jora's words and nods with a smile when he hears her words.

He goes to bed early, to have plenty of sleep, because enough sleep and a comfortable bed is something they will not get for a long time.


Andoran - Almas - the Shining Sea Inn

Only a handful picked drop out and those few are replaced by the next morning.

Along with "the group" on the journey are the Captain, First Mate, and the Leader of the Expedition who introduced themselves the prior night, as well as:

The Peregrine's Navigator - Tyra Swain (female human),
The Boatswain - Raerg (male half-orc),
Quartermaster - Bean Counter Brady (female halfling),
The ship also has 16 sailors who work the rigging and keep the ship in tip top shape,
Colonial Soldiers numbering 6 who will serve Ramona Avandth,
Colonists numbering 36 who serve a number of functions required to facilitate the building of a community, above those are a few that stand out as having special skills along with all of your own,
Alba Divenvaar - (female dwarf alchemist),
Anya Sandstrider - (Shoanti female human ranger),
Carver Hastings - (male human archaeologist),
Eamon Caranth - (male half-elf cleric of Erastil),
Harcourt Carrolby - (male human aristocrat),
Kurvis Nurpico - (male human cleric of Abadar),
Luetin Calewick - (male human expert),
Lyra Heatherly - (female half-elf ranger),
Perrell Beys - (female human expert).

Assume that any items you wish to purchase before setting off and you can afford, you are able to find in Almas.

The next afternoon, the Peregrine sets sail to great fanfare with thousands waving the ship off from the docks.... Ahead lays the greatest quest of your, or perhaps anyone's, lives!


AZLANT - LAND HO!

After six long weeks, this morning the crew of the Peregrine sighted land to the west. A few hours later, the Peregrine sails into a natural bay with a sandy beach within rowing distance for the ship’s boats. As the crew begins to untie one of the smaller boats to lower it into the water, the sailors pass a spyglass among themselves and finally hand it back to the captain.

Captain Jacob Markosi peers at the island for a moment before grunting and handing the spyglass to expedition leader Ramona Avandth. “You should see this,” he says quietly.

Ramona accepts the spyglass and peers toward the shore. When she lowers the scope, she is clearly distressed but trying to hide her worry. She approaches and motions toward the far side of the deck, away from where most of the other colonists have congregated. “Can I have a word with all of you?” she asks.


Male Vanara Sacred Fist / Pathfinder Delver 1 | HP 11/11 AC:19 T:19 F:15 | Saves F:4 R:5 W:6 | Init:4 | Per:9 low-light | CMB:0 CMD:19 | Speed: 30 ft Character Sheet

Kesari made one last shopping trip before the expedition departed. After buying some extra soap and trail rations, he approached a tradesman for his final, most important purchase. "Hello, good sir," he said. "I would like to buy an air bladder. I would like one small modification, if it is possible. Can you make an opening at one end, and add a short tube made from the same material?" The man looked at him like he was crazy: that would ruin the piece of equipment, rendering it useless as a flotation device. Still, the vanara had silver to spend; the vendor shook his head, and altered the bladder until Kesari was satisfied.

Kesari returned after his successful outing, boarding the Peregrine in a buoyant mood. He was confident that his acquisition would provide a valuable morale boost on the long voyage ahead.


Female Undine Undine Adept/Field Agent 1
Spoiler:
HP 9/9 | AC 15 TO 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +7 | CMD 13 | Init +3 | Perc +8 |

After six weeks spent cooped up on the tiny boat, Jora was eager to explore. She wanted new sights and new surroundings, not the same old cabin walls. By the time they reach the bay, she's ready to jump over the railing and swim to shore! But before she gets a chance, she notices the captain calling for her attention. Once out of earshot from the colonists, she asks "What's the problem, captain?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Vanara Sacred Fist / Pathfinder Delver 1 | HP 11/11 AC:19 T:19 F:15 | Saves F:4 R:5 W:6 | Init:4 | Per:9 low-light | CMB:0 CMD:19 | Speed: 30 ft Character Sheet

Kesari sensed the colonists unease as they sailed though Chelaxian waters, but did not share their sense of apprehension, not fully appreciating the history between Cheliax and Andoran. He gazed in awe as the ship approached the arch of Aroden. He had heard of it, of course, but the descriptions still hadn't prepared her for the magnificent scale of the ruined bridge.

The colonists seemed to relax once they passed out of Chelaxian waters. Kesari spent a great deal of time socializing with the crew and settlers. He frequently set out his chaturanga game set, and taught anyone who showed any interest how to play. He handicapped himself several pieces to account for his opponents lack of experience, but often won easily anyways.

Chaturanga is thought to be an ancestor of chess.

He got along well with Anya Sandstrider and Lyra Heatherly, sharing their love of nature. He had several extended conversations with Carver Hastings, listening eagerly to the older man's insights on the history of the Azlanti lands. He found Luetin Calewick a bit unsettling. The man seemed to be a social chameleon, modifying his attitude and opinions to match those of whoever he was talking to.

Harcourt Carrolby gave the impression of thinking that his social status made him better than everyone else. This made him an irresistible target for Kesari to play a practical joke on, and he had come equipped! One evening, as everyone gathered for supper, Kesari brought his specially modified air bladder. When Harcourt got up briefly to refill his mug, the vanara surreptitiously slipped the device onto the aristocrat's seat. When the man returned to his place and sat down, there was a loud "THPPTPHTPHPHHPHT" from underneath him. Kesari did his best to suppress his laughter, but the identity of the prankster was quite obvious to anyone who was paying attention.


Xarann spends most of his time keeping quiet and sticking to himself. He's smart enough to know that the more he talks, the more likely he is to blow his own cover; he didn't know the first thing about sailing, for one, and was lucky the Pathfinders had given him something to help mitigate the issue. Still, the more he kept quiet, the better he figured it would be. When Ramona called out on the ship, though, his curiosity was piqued.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked, lumbering over to her position. "You look troubled."


F Aquatic Elf Rogue 1

Laughed and enjoyed the joke that Kesari had played on the overly stuffy man. She had spent most of the six weeks out on deck, helping out, and looking at the different water currants. She also talked with some of the crew, but did keep a bit closer to the half-elf members, somewhat more comfortable with them than the others, if nothing else that they had some common interest. However, hearing the worry in the voice of the campaign leader was never a good thing, she stops and listens.


Male Vanara Sacred Fist / Pathfinder Delver 1 | HP 11/11 AC:19 T:19 F:15 | Saves F:4 R:5 W:6 | Init:4 | Per:9 low-light | CMB:0 CMD:19 | Speed: 30 ft Character Sheet

Kesari's sense of anticipation grew as they reached the outer islands that were part of the shattered remains of the Azlanti continent. Here were more remains of a long-extinct civilization. What wonders from the lost civilization would they find around their new home?

When the Peregrine arrived off the shore of the colony, he noticed Captain Markosi and Expedition Leader Avandth exchanging words and worried looks. He made his way over to talk with Ramona Avandth, to find out what they had seen.


Inactive

Six weeks on a ship is tough on someone who used to rarely stay in one place for too long. And the constant swaying, ugh.

Arken spend most if his time speaking with those, who would be exploring the new land - other pathfinder and Carver Hastings. The archeologist had a lot of stories to share.

When Ramona called to them, he quickly came to listen to what she wanted say.


AZLANT - LAND HO!

Illena and Jeanuel, who have been palling around for much of the trip, trail in the rear, remaining silent waiting to hear what Ramona has to say.

As she and the rest of you all collectively step to the bow she speaks quietly, “We have a problem. Something is wrong. Nobody’s in sight. There’s no smoke from cook fires or the smithy. Some of the buildings look burned out.

Sailors can’t keep their mouths shut. Soon all the other colonists are going to hear about this—if they can’t see for themselves already—and things could become… tense.

Based upon your interviews, I believe you lot to be the most qualified to go ashore and check out the settlement. If you wish me to, I can send a few of the soldiers with you as well.

In the meantime, I going to ask Captain Markosi to sail north along the island’s coast to a secondary landing site determined by the expedition’s surveyors as an alternative spot to found a colony. The site was later designated as an emergency extraction point should any danger befall the first wave of colonists.

Perhaps there will be someone there.

After you have had a chance to investigate Talmandor’s Bounty, rendezvous with ship at this secondary location. It is due north along the coast. Once we have better information, I will make a final determination on where the rest of the colonists should disembark.

I know this is asking a great deal... can I count on you all?"


Half-elf sorcerer (crossblooded, wildblooded) 1 Init +3| Perception +5 | HP 9/9| AC 13/13T/10FL| Fort 2/Ref 3/Will -1| Jeanuel minus the Red Hair

Jeanuel smiles "A most excellent idea, please, if you could at least provide us some rowers...err soldiers. Just two should be fine in my opinion. Don't want to give ourselves away and all with too large of force. We would want the investigation team to be relaxed, quick witted, and refreshed so that our senses are not dulled to the dangers that might await." he said eloquently.

He looked at the others. "We should get to know each other and our abilities while the rowers do their work, yes? I've not worked with you lot before and while I'm confident in the Captain's and Miss Ramona's expertise in choosing applicants, it is good for the applicants to know each others gifts and style to best work together as a team." he said at greater length before allowing the rest to get in a word edgewise.


Male Vanara Sacred Fist / Pathfinder Delver 1 | HP 11/11 AC:19 T:19 F:15 | Saves F:4 R:5 W:6 | Init:4 | Per:9 low-light | CMB:0 CMD:19 | Speed: 30 ft Character Sheet

"Yes, ma'am, you can count on me!", Kesari replied. He paused for a moment, and then asked, "Er, ma'am? Would you happen to have a map of the area that we could take with us?"


F Aquatic Elf Rogue 1

Nods her agreement, and offers up " I will check below the waves also, to see if anything is sunk down there once closer to shore. We may find something there." With that she starts to stretch and prep her gear for the short voyage, making sure her daggers are sharpened.


Female Undine Undine Adept/Field Agent 1
Spoiler:
HP 9/9 | AC 15 TO 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +7 | CMD 13 | Init +3 | Perc +8 |

Jora spares a sideways glance at the Chellaxian, but mostly ignores him. While she understood the value of having someone take charge, she had no interest in taking orders. "I'll go with this one," she says, pointing a thumb at Aleasia. "We don't want to spread ourselves too thin. You'll get to see my style when we work, don't worry."


Inactive

"No problem! After all, that's why we're all here - to solve problems," Arken nods enthusiastically and turns to Jeanuel. "I prefer to keep some distance between myself and an opponent. That's pretty much it."


Xarann stays quiet until the others stop talking, but the look on his face shows the big man is listening. He wasn't really much one for taking orders either, but he was pretty sure he couldn't swim as well as the other two. It was probably a better idea to stick with the others; the lot of them wouldn't recognize him as a Pathfinder, and they didn't need to exactly who he was just yet, but he could clue them in so they didn't feel the need to hide it from them. When one of his compatriots mentioned keeping his distance, Xarann finally speaks up, his deep voice cutting through the sound of the waves.

"That's fine. I hit things."

101 to 130 of 130 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Discover the Lost Continent! DM Ruins Master's The Ruins of Azlant AP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.