GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 4: Under the Gold Goblin

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Toilday, 23nd of Calistril, 4709


601 to 650 of 1,448 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Once done, Hedran returns to the Golden Goblin to join up with the others - "I have no idea what that was - never seen anything like it" - the half-orc comments - "Anyone know where Nessa might be staying? Hopefully she was not outside" - he adds.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Sam:
Nessa said in amusement to Sam's worry about getting enough rest and to her new apprenticeship on time and said, "Yes, I promise I'll get you there well rested and on time." As the evening progressed Nessa was very pleased with how things had gone so far and smiled softly when Sam took her hands and admitted her nervousness. Nessa lifted one hand to brush the half-elf's cheek gently with the backs of her claws and said as she leaned in close, [b}"That's alright Sam, I promise I won't hurt you,"[/b] She leaned in and pressed her lips gently against Sam's kissing her softly.

Nessa was content with increasingly more serious kissing for a time and used it to build up Sam's excitement some before adding caresses to the mix. Eventually, when she felt Sam was ready, Nessa rose and began to undress before they got to the really serious part of the evening. Once they had finished their celebration that night Nessa gave her newest lover a relaxing massage and then wrapped the other woman in her wings to sleep until they had to get up the following morning.

Nessa had just finished delivering Samaritha to the place of her apprenticeship when the hail of stones began. Fortunately she'd managed to get inside just before it started in earnest and avoided any harm from it. When the whole, strange, mess was done and over with she slipped outside again and headed towards the casino. When she got near to the place she saw Hedran go to pick up one of the stones and approached him as she said, "That was strange." Seeing he had something in his hand she asked, "What's that?"


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Actually Hedran had already returned inside - we'll retcon some :P

"Good to see you safe Nessa - this was the stuff falling from the sky, but I have no idea what it is..." - he replies - "These stones just vanish into smoke or something after a few moments"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai frowns as the rock dissolves in her hand before she can identify the effects. She remains in the safety of the doorway and looks up, curious as to what could possibly be happening.

"I cannot determine what is happening here, but regardless, it is not good."

With brow furrowed, she watches the sky with the others.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4
Thyra Osouf wrote:
"Torag guide me, she says under her breath, sending up a little prayer before heading into the city to help where needed.

This is still Thyra's intention, unless someone else suggests otherwise.

Thyra waits long enough to see who joins her, but then turns down the street where the cries seem the loudest.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

I'll join you...just wanted to make sure the 'hail' was over first.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

After the odd hailstorm stops you head into the streets to help where you can. The people you assist are grateful, and luckily for the most part only have minor injuries.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

So I guess we are ready for another day's (night's) work? :D


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

I'll make the assumption that nothing specific happens while they're out, unless told otherwise. :)

Once they've made sure that anyone who needs helps has received it, Thyra heads back to the Gold Goblin with Sarai. Seeing as the morning has mostly gotten away from her, she spends some time in her room in prayer and preparation before she heads back onto the main floor to get read for the work day.

"I can't speak for the rest of you," she says to the others when they are all in the same room together, "but I feel the need to find out the cause of these odd occurrences, and that strange 'blot' in the sky that seems to be the catalyst behind them. I just wish I knew where to start."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai nods at Thyra, also worried about all of this.

"I just got here--I'd rather not have the whole town obliterated before I can make myself comfortable."

She finds herself looking at the strange blot in the sky more and more often, pondering what it might possibly be. Still, there is work to do, and she sighs and gets back to it.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

"I have to admit it was not my main reason to come here, but now I am curious about it" - Hedran adds - "As a field of study, it may turn out interesting"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

With the chaos of the mysterious 'hail' storm dying down and the soon approaching opening hours of the Gold Goblin you make your way back to your posts.

So I know you each have roles at the Gold Goblin, but to actually have an effect on things you need to participate in one of the following jobs on a consistent basis. So at the end of a week, which we will get to pretty soon, I'll need you to roll select one of the jobs below that you have been working on over the week and give me the relevant roll.

Jobs:

Bluff - Spend time cajoling citizens and tricking them into visiting the Gold Goblin.
Craft - Spend time and 10gp to create eye-catching advertisements.
Diplomacy - Spend time greeting customers or convincing citizens to stop by the Gold Goblin
Intimidate - Spend time as a bouncer or threatening customers of competing game halls to convince them to come to the Gold GOblin instead.
Perform - Spend time performing for customers.
Perception - Spend time looking for cheaters.
Donate - Give Saul up to 250 gold in increments of 50 gold as donation to the cause.

Go ahead and give me your weekly roll and then we will move forward from there.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Perception - Spend time looking for cheaters, sneaks and anyone trying to disrupt the peace.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Awwww.... stupid dice. :p


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Hedran makes an effort to attract customers to the Golden Goblin - he feels that if a bouncer can show to be a decent guy, people will want to come over.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

He's not very good at it though :P

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Saul had asked Sarai to be the 'Eyes in the Sky,' and she did her job well. She had already apprehended several cheats (or at least pointed them out to the muscle).

Years spent nit-picking the outfits of her fellow aristocrats at parties gave her an exquisite eye for detail.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Nessa worked the floor in her a different out fit, one she called the Devil's Concubine". This time she was wearing a red leather body harness and a spiked collar. She had a matching pair of boots and the whole get up hugged her body like a second skin. She flirted with and cajoled anyone she could in an effort to get them to spend more and gamble harder.
Diplomacy w/charming: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

GM:

1d100 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 26

Other than the odd storm in the morning of Oathday, the rest of the day goes pretty smoothly and that follows into Fireday as well. Close to closing time on Fireday Saul calls you into his office for your weekly pay. He pulls out four pouches from a safe in his office and hands them to you each. "Everything else considered, it's been a pretty good week. Sarai you've done incredibly well at saving us lost profits from catching several cheats. Nessa, as always your charm has helped to keep people playing and increase our profits." Looking to Hedran he continues "Uh, Hedran perhaps leave the talking to Nessa? I think you may have actually scared a few people away this week." He smiles as he finishes up. "Either way, there is a little bonus in there of 2 gold a piece since we were a bit more profitable than usual. Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll continue to grow our profits!"

Opening the pouch to take your share you find 12 gold inside.

He looks to each of you in turn and says "I'll let you know if anything comes up, but otherwise enjoy your weekend after you've finished cleaning up and closing down for the night."


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Thyra thanks Saul for the payment, and finishes up her work for the night. Every now and then, though, she pulls out the pouch and examines the contents again. It's an odd feeling, receiving pay for work done. The concept is not new to me, but up to now I've rarely had to be concerned with such things. Despite the nature of the work, there's a good feeling to it.

Once finished, she catches up with the others. "Since work does not demand our attention for the next couple days, perhaps we can try to look into this Blot that seems to be causing so much trouble for the city." She turns to Nessa, "You've been here the longest, Nessa. Is there any insight you'd be able to give us. Perhaps your former colleagues found something before they disappeared?"

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai gracefully thanks Saul for the payment.

I did do a fine job this week. Perhaps the excitement from this job is additional compensation, as well.

As talk turns to the Blot, Sarai wonders where they might research. "Perhaps the new Cypher Mage might have some insight. Or rather, her organization."


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Hedran nods at Saul, and chuckles at the comment regarding his diplomatic skills - "Was an unlucky approach, it will improve next time"

Thyra Osouf wrote:
Once finished, she catches up with the others. "Since work does not demand our attention for the next couple days, perhaps we can try to look into this Blot that seems to be causing so much trouble for the city." She turns to Nessa, "You've been here the longest, Nessa. Is there any insight you'd be able to give us. Perhaps your former colleagues found something before they disappeared?"
Sarai Shae wrote:
As talk turns to the Blot, Sarai wonders where they might research. "Perhaps the new Cypher Mage might have some insight. Or rather, her organization."

"Good idea both of you - I am up for it" - he adds, putting the gold away.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

After you've finished up your work for the night and are getting everything closed down, the rest of the staff has already left while you are waiting for Nessa to finish up some things in her office. While you stand there talking you are surprised to hear breaking glass from the front of the building and turn to see several armed men coming in through the recently broken windows.

Initiative:

Hedran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Nessa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Sarai: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Thyra: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Enemy T: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Enemy CT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Enemy TH: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Enemy J: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Helpful NPC locations that stay at the Gold Goblin
Bojask, one of Saul's personal bodyguards is in the basement somewhere since that is where his room is. Beyar and Hans are in the kitchen cleaning/eating any left over food. Old Scratch is in the catwalks. Saul is in the counting room getting ready to put away the days profits in the vault.

Map updated

Round 1
> Nessa/Sarai,
Enemy CT, Hedran, Enemy T, Thyra


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Nessa considered the question posed to her about the blot and then shrugged as she said, "I'm afraid I don't know anything about it really, I've not heard of anyone who knows much really. The Cypher Mages might have some idea but if they do I don't know about it." She thought through the people she had contact with that might have information and knew there were only a few. "I guess I could see what I can find out for you if you really want me to<" her gaze turned sharp then as she continued warningly, "But it better be fun or I will be cranky."

Nessa's expression turned troubled as she thought of her previous co-workers, they'd come and gone so fast, faster than she expected, and it kind of hurt to know she never got to know them at all really. "As for the others who have worked here there have been several. They all came and went too fast to get to know them or what they knew of the blot." She seemed somewhat sad about that but shrugged it off quickly as if she was used to it which was odd as she didn't seem all that old to have gotten used to losing people already.

Is the attack before or after I would have left for the temple for the night?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Before, essentially just as you are finishing up for the night.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai jumps up like an agile cat at the sound of the broken window. She's on her feet and responding in only a brief moment.

"We're closed, gentlemen," she purrs. Despite her banter, she weaves a spell and casts grease under the closest two.

Grease, DC 14 Refl

Dang, that's a good-looking map! In other games I've been in, I can import spell effects (like the grease I'd like to cast). Any way I can do that in Roll20? Or should I just leave the lines I've drawn?

EDIT: Also, I can't move my icon. I may need to get a little closer to cast that.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Since you asked... :D Check under the Journal tab (looks like a little newspaper icon) I added some common spells there you can drag those onto the map to use them. Went ahead and put the grease down.

Edit: Should be able to move token now.

Reflex CT: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Reflex T-R: 1d20 ⇒ 4

After Sarai conjures grease on the floor the two armed men promptly fall to the ground.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Awesome! Map looks even better now. I can move now, too. Thx.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Nessa rushes out of her office to see what all the commotion is about as she joins the others and see the thugs that broke into the casino.

The one half-orc yells out to the others "Get 'em!" but seems to be waiting for his companions to act first.

Round 1
Nessa/Sarai, > Hedran, Enemy T, Enemy CT, Thyra


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

"You are going to regret this" - Hedran grunts, enacting a protective spell and moving forward.

Casting Shield, and moving forward (staying behind the table for now to control the ones on the right, and avoid charges and whatnot from the others - the table prevents a charge, right?). Current AC is 20.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

GM:

1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

The one thug in the grease stands up and moves out of the grease, coming around, moving toward Hedran with a short sword in hand. The other thugs move in as well toward the group.

As the thugs move up the half-orc stands and gets out of the grease as well and moves toward Hedran with his longsword and shield at the ready.

Round 1
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Thyra
Round 2
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Thyra


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Crap! Sorry, knew there was something I missed posting on.

Nessa, hearing the crash just as she was about to leave, saw what had happenedas she rushed into the room and felt a wash of anger go through her. How dare they break the windows! She chanted, gestured, and sent a bolt of force lancing out at one of the thugs not on the grease.
Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai steps back into the doorway of the dining room, disappointed that the thugs had made it out of her grease spell so easily.

"You will learn proper etiquette, gentlemen!" she exclaims.

She unleashes an arrow at the yellow-clad thug nearest to her.

mwk shortbow (point blank shot): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 161d6 ⇒ 1


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Recovering from her surprise at the sudden intrusion, Thyra grasps the holy symbol of Torag in one hand, her hammer in the other. "Father of Creation, grant us your protection, and strengthen my arms to deal out justice to those that would trespass where they are not permitted."

"Stay near to me," she says to Sarai and Nessa over her shoulder as she strides towards the thugs, fists clenched around the haft of her hammer.

Standard Action:

Deflection Aura (2 rounds):
Deflection Aura (Su): Once each day, you can emit a 20-foot aura for a number of rounds equal to your cleric level. Allies within the aura gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC and combat maneuver defense.

Swift Action:

Judgement-Justice:
Justice: This judgment spurs the inquisitor to seek justice, granting a +1 sacred bonus on all attack rolls. This bonus increases by +1 for every five inquisitor levels she possesses. At 10th level, this bonus is doubled on all attack rolls made to confirm critical hits.

Move Action: Move towards Yellow.

Deflection Aura (Round 1) 20'r aura grants +2 Deflection bonus to AC and CMD
Judgement - Justice: +1 Sacred bonus to attack rolls.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Sorry guys, weekends are usually slow on my end, but I could have posted - just completely missed it was my turn there. Apologies.

Deflection Aura stacks with Shield? If yes, then you are now my best friend Thyra :D

"So that is how you want to play it?" - the half orc grunts, swinging his morningstar - "Very well then"

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Morningstar crit?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Additional damage if it crits: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Yup the Aura is deflection and Shield is shield bonus so they do indeed stack.

Thyra calls on Torag to aid in the fight ahead while Nessa unleashes a ball of force that slams into one of the thugs (yellow). Sarai brings out her bow and takes a shot at the same thug Nessa hit, the arrow grazes the man but still leaves a wound. Hedran smashes half-orc with his morningstar doing considerable damage but he remains on his feet and glares at Hedran as he shouts out to the others with him "Kill this bastard first!"

Hedran you would get an AoO on red

The other men advance to join the fight with the half orc and they all attack.

Hedran-HO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Hedran-R: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Hedran-B: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Thyra-G: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Thyra-Y: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The half-orc thug returns the favor to Hedran slashing into him with his longsword, leaving a deep cut. Luckily between his own magic and Thyra's divine power the other thugs aren't able to hit him. Thyra isn't as lucky though as both of the thugs cut into her with their short swords.

-9 to Hedran, -12 to Thyra

Round 2
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Thyra
Round 3
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Thyra


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

I'll roll the AoO and wait for the rest before posting my actions? Is that ok? Or next time should I just wait to post all together GM Dak?

AoO on Red (I flank him with Thyra when he passes by?): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

No flank he is moving on the diagonals through the half-orc to avoid provoking from Thyra. As far as actions you all can post in any order when it is your 'blocks' turn and I can resolve it as appropriate, so you don't have to wait for the other people before you to go first unless you just want to :D. The AoO can be separate or together, again I will resolve it as appropriate. I generally find that using this method, all though possibly requiring me to change people's actions a bit, keeps combat moving quicker.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Thyra winces at the wounds she receives and takes a quick step away from the thugs. She touches her holy symbol once more and mummer a quick prayer. "Torag shield me, and heal my wounds so that I may retaliate against against these intruders."

Move Action: 5-foot step

Swift Action: Change Judgement to Healing (Fast Healing 1)

Standard Action: Cast Cure Light Wounds.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Second round of Deflection Aura. AC is currently at 18.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai draws another arrow and fires at the thug with the yellow shirt. Her aim is better than her last shot.

"Bull's eye!" she exclaims, evidently proud of her marksmanship.

mwk shortbow (point blank shot): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 241d6 ⇒ 5


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Nessa chanted and cast yet another spell sending another bolt of force slamming into the same thug as before.
magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Thanks for clarifying GM Dak. I was asking about the AoO since the results of it (whether I hit/down the target or not) may have impact on the actions of others ;)

Hedran spots Thyra retreating out of the corner of his eye - "You'll find I'm harder to chew than you might expect" - he snarls at those surrounding him, then swings at the one who seems to be their leader, before also taking a step back.

Attack the one I hit before, then 5' step back. Think that still keeps me in Thyra's aura, right?

Morningstar on 'Boss': 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

As long as you're in the circle, you're fine. It's unfortunately going to drop on my next turn, though. :(


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As the one thug moved up on Hedran, he found an opening and attacked, nearly with a solid blow but the thug is still standing. After taking a beating, Thyra steps back and heals herself, almost completely clearing up the injuries she received.

Sarai and Nessa both slam the one thug with projectiles and drop him to the ground. Hedran cuts down the half-orc with another well placed swing of his morningstar.

Across the casino you see the door to the guest rooms area open and you spot three hooded men, two quickly advancing on your position after the third one opened the door for them.

The two thugs on Hedran continue to try and attack him while the one on Thyra steps up to do the same.

Hedran-R: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Hedran-B: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Thyra-G: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The one severally injured thug returns the favor as he cuts into Hedran with his blade. The other two can't quite connect.

Round 3
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Thyra
Round 4
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Thyra


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

As Thyra's deflection aura fades away, she steps into the green-garbed thug and swings her massive hammer. "You have made your last mistake in attacking this place. Make your peace!"

Fast Healing 1 in effect on Thyra. Deflection Aura is gone. Sorry Hedran.

Standard Action: Hammer time!

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Hammer damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

"This is a grand dance!" Sarai says. Rushing forward with her rapier, she jabs one of the thugs engaged with Hedran in the back. vs. red

mwk rapier, sneak attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d6 ⇒ 5
CRIT?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d6 ⇒ 2


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

"I am not dead yet" - Hedran hisses on the face of his foe, swinging his weapon again, this time with a measure of defense.

Fighting Defensively. These guys are just hitting me too often... Red is down, right? Attacking blue.

AC is 22.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

If Red was down, I had 5' more of movement to reach blue.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Keep in mind, Fighting Defensively gives you a Dodge bonus, so it applies to TAC, as well. :)


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Red went down because of you Sarai, wanted to X it out on the map so others knew it was down, but like to save my combat text until the whole party goes :D

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Nice. :)

Looks like Nessa is up? If botting, it looks like her options are magic missile, sleep, or acid splash.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Thyra smacks the one thug with her hammer in the ribs and the man grunts in pain, but stays on his feet. Sarai moves up finishing off one of the other thugs as she stabs him in the chest and he crumples to the floor. Hedran takes up a defensive stance and tries to attack the other remaining thug but with so much focus on defense he isn't able to hit the man. Nessa lobs a glob of acid at the nearest thug

RT: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

She manages to avoid Thyra as the acid splats on the man and eats at his skin.

The beaten and burnt man stabs at Thyra once again, while the other thug continues its assault on Hedran.

Attack-Thyra: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack-Hedran: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

As the both miss they both step back as the hooded men come running to their aid.

Round 4
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Thyra
Round 5
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Thyra

601 to 650 of 1,448 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.