GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 4: Under the Gold Goblin

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Toilday, 23nd of Calistril, 4709


501 to 550 of 1,407 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

I am guessing Hedran will still be running this round :P


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Imma cut that down, you guys will arrive for the third round of combat.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sounds great. :)


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4
DM Gee-Em wrote:
Imma cut that down, you guys will arrive for the third round of combat.

Imma live! :D


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Almost there! We will be there next round, right?


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Yes

The flanking townsman tries to stab the shark with his short sword as the other one, bleeding from a bite, tries to climb out of the water.

Townsman attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The short sword misses, and the yellow shark tries to bite Thyra as the red shark takes another lunge at his target.

Red Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Yellow Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Fortunately both sharks miss their targets as Hedran and Sarai arrive on the scene.

Thyra, Sarai, Hedran, then round again

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai takes in the chaotic scene as she arrives. Though she has had few opportunities to use these weapons she had no reason to have in her previous life, she has found she is good with them. In practice, at least.

Drawing her shortbow back, she fires an arrow at the shark creature Thyra is battling. The arrow flies true and strikes it, but unfortunately in one of its fins, rather than its torso.

"Be a darling and retrieve that for me when we're done, will you?" she calls to Thyra.

mwk shortbow (point blank shot, firing into melee): 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 221d6 ⇒ 1
CRIT?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 102d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 If confirmed, 7 dmg

As an aside, I am firing durable arrows, which I intend to pick up after each battle, if possible.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4

Thyra maintains her protective field for as long as she can (last round). The second (red) shark, having chased after the civilian, moved just out of reach of her attack. Thyra curses, pivots around to reposition herself (5-foot step), and swings at the first shark again (yellow).

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Hammer damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12

Deflection aura: round 2

Just a thought. Wouldn't I have received an attack of opportunity from the shark when it chased after the civilian? Unless it was tumbling or had cover or something.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Weapon already in hand, and drawing his shield as he goes, Hedran wades in to assist Thyra - "We have this!" - he grunts.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18 <- we are flanking, right?
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

No, Thyra, the red shark was already down there with the civilian, so you would not have. Yes, Hedran, you are flanking.

The yellow shark thrashes furiously before Hedran brings his morningstar down on its head. The surrounding waters turning crimson with the shark's blood as it float limply in the waters, lifeless. The red shark turns from the escaped civilian and is drawn to the smell of fresh blood in the water.

Red Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Red Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The civilian between Hedran and the shark is slain almost instantly, the shark's jaws sinking deep into his torso and crushing the ribcage.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai cringes as the civilian is consumed by the shark creature. Despite her new profession, she hasn't seen or been involved in much bloodshed.
Gritting her teeth, she conjures a magic snowball and throws it at the creature, striking it soundly.

snowball, ranged touch (point blank shot): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 242d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4
DM Gee-Em wrote:
No, Thyra, the red shark was already down there with the civilian, so you would not have. Yes, Hedran, you are flanking.

Ok. For some reason I thought I was in reach of both. Carry on then.

Thyra's aura of protection fades away around the same time as her skintone goes white. Her disbelief at the loss of life, though, quickly turns to a divine fury as she channels the might of Torag through her hammer to strike her foe. With all of her strength, she swings the weapon at the shark.

Swift action: Judgement of Justice (+1 sacred bonus to attack)
Move action: Moves behind the creature.
Standard action: Hammer time!

Warhammer attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

"You'll pay for that" - Hedran growls at the shark, even if he knows he will not be understood, stepping forward and attacking.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

Thyra, did you include flanking? Assuming you did not ...

Both strikes land on the shark, the hammer pinning the shark where it was as the morningstar once again crushed a skull. With combat over The other sounds of battle fade away from across the docks of Riddleport, and a few minutes later the water recedes.

Perception 25:
The Blot above had darkened for the duration of this "flood" and had returned to its hazy state before the water receded.

The civilian that had climbed up the building to escape the red shark crawled back down and thanked each of you profusely. "I didnae think I'd live through dat. Thank ye, fine folk! Let me buy ye drinks ... or someting to repay ye!"


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Thyra cleans off her hammer then gives the civilian a small smile. "Your thanks are enough, but if you insist then I will take that drink. The dwarves taught me to never turn down an ale, though I don't think that it was a theological matter."

She takes a moment to take in the remainder of the carnage. "I can only assume that this was not normal. I don't know much about tidal patterns, but I suspect that the city would have been built with such things in mind."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai lowers her bow as the creatures are defeated. She wonders what in the world she got herself into.

Having just gotten out of bed and ready for the day, she declines a drink. "A lady does not partake of this at such an early hour," she protests with a sigh.

Not knowing what else to do and not really wanting to handle the dead body floating in the water, she agrees with Thyra. "I also hope this is outside the norm here, as I have little desire to battle the creatures of the sea for the streets each day."

Hoping the authorities will come handle the mess, she says "I suppose we should get to work..."

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4

Thyra replies to Sarai with a nod, "You're right. We should probably get back and make sure that we're ready for tonight."

She turns back to the civilian. "The drink will have to wait, good sir. But you could always come to the Gold Goblin for an evening, if you wish."


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Hedran puts his weapon away, and takes a moment to drag the corpses out of the water, and unto whatever solid ground he can found - "Well done" - he nods at both Thyra and Sarai - "That could have taken a turn to the worse"

Then he looks around for any other sources of commotion, or requests for help - if the authorities seem to have things well in hand, he joins the others - "I'll take that drink" - he nods at the man - "Kinda early in the day, but then again, it is also early to be fighting sharks in the middle of the street" - the half-orc chuckles.


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

The man nods. "Right, then. I'll catch you there then. First round will be on me. Name's Gisk, by the way, I usually work on the docks. Glad I slept in late today."

He looks around. "This is a new one, though. First the magnets, then the hail, and then the birds, now this? What is happening here in Riddleport?" He gives the Blot a dirty look. "Ever since that thing appeared everything's gone to pot."

A few hours later you will all reunite at the Gold Goblin. Saul is having a "wash-out" special to lighten the mood, with a "first bath in weeks" stew and the like. Business is as usual today, with patrons exchanging tall tales about the odd flooding and their own theories behind it.

As the night came to a close, Saul calls you all into his office. "So, I just got word that my shipment of four cases of Opparan wine as finally arrived and will be in port tomorrow morning on a brig called the Foamrunner. I had hoped that it would be here in time for the gala a couple of weeks ago, but the captain says it was delayed by storms. Listen, this stuff is expensive and rare outside of Taldan and Chelish noble courts. I need you to collect it when it arrives around midday, hopefully before anyone else hears of it. I wouldn't put it past any of my ex-peers - or even the Overlord, for that matter - to try and swipe it from me."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai contemplates the strange 'blot' as she performs her duties during the day. Though it had seemed very unusual upon her arrival here, she had lots of other pressing matters adjusting to life in a new city, and one with much fewer niceties than she was used to. The fact that this strange blight in the sky might be causing problems here hadn't occurred to her previously, and now it was starting to bother her.

As she listened to their orders for the next day, she took solace in the fact that Thyra and Hedran seemed pretty effective with their weapons, and brave to boot.

"We will make sure the cases arrive at the Gold Goblin," she says confidently.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4

Needless to say, Thyra takes care of her wounds before work start. No sense bleeding all over the place.

Thyra spends most of the night thinking about what the man said about the Blot, reminding herself that that was the primary reason she was here in the first place.

When he comes to the Gold Goblin, she lets him in (waves the cover charge, if there is one) and makes sure to take a break to have a drink with him.

Once the night ends, she joins the others in Saul's office. "I'm not familiar with this drink," she says honestly, "But we'll make sure that it arrives safely."


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

"Since this falls outside of our appointed duties, is there a chance we can try some of the wine once the task is complete?" - Hedran inquires - "Maybe a bottle for us to share as a token of appreciation?" - he adds.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Nessa finally woke up when all of the temple was clamoring about people getting eaten by fish and a number of injured were brought in for healing. It was a bother but it spurred her to get up. She dressed in her normal garments after casting a spell to clean them and then sauntered out of the temple and made her way through the streets to the Gold Goblin.

She found her new co-workers there, looking a little worse for wear, but decided not to comment. What they did in their spare time was their problem. She eventually picked up what had happened that day through various conversations and the theme of the day at the casino.

When the casino closed for the night she once more went to Saul's office as requested and once more sat on his desk while he spoke. The task seemed simple enough and Nessa saw no problem with going through with it. "Tomorrow at noon, got it."


Male Voice Beyond the Folding Fourth Wall Game Master

"Thank you," Saul gives a hearty sigh - a new habit for him these last few days. "I'm glad I can still have folks I can depend on in this town."

The next day, before you'd go into work, you group up a block away from the docks. Approaching together, you see the Foamrunner already docked and two thugs unloading the crates onto a cart. A tall human with a great sword and wearing heavy armor - that upon closer inspection bears the Korvosan guard iconography - talking to a dwarf with a bristly black beard with a "clean" upper lip. The human hands the dwarf a purse of money as you hear the dwarf say: "Pleasure doing business with Zincher's boys, as usual."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai overhears the exchange with concern.

"Anyone know who Zincher is?" she asks her companions quietly. "Being new here...I don't know. But it sounds like someone is trying to take the shipment, as Saul feared."

Walking closer to the thugs with the cart, she says "How very kind of you to load our crates for us," she purrs like a baroness. "The harbor authority is on its way...they won't be happy to see you're trying to snatch our shipment."

bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4

Thyra watches the exchange going on, paying special attention to the dwarf and his choice of grooming. She following Sarai's lead as they approach the duo, and as Sarai finishes her short speech, Thyra accents it by allowing her heavy hammer to drop to the decks with an audible thud, allowing the holy symbol hang from the chain around her wrist in plain view. She puts on her 'disapproving dwarf' face, accented with a bit of dwarven brogue that she'd managed to pick up over the years.

"What kinda self-respectin' dwarf would be stealin' drink from another? Ya wouldna happen ta be thinkin' o' stealin' that from me noble employer, would ye? And waddya call tha thing on yer lip, lad?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None
Hedran wrote:

"Since this falls outside of our appointed duties, is there a chance we can try some of the wine once the task is complete?" - Hedran inquires - "Maybe a bottle for us to share as a token of appreciation?" - he adds.

So Saul did not reply to my question?


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

When they arrived at the docks and found their cargo being taken by another she was displeased. She glared at the ones who were loading the cargo and decided to support Sarai's efforts. "Yes, they are very interested, particularly since we have them on our side for this disagreement." She smirked as she said, "Amusing that all it took was offering some time with myself to get their unwavering loyalty."
bluff w/beguiling liar: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 4 = 27
Add 1 if charming applies.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hedran:
Earlier with Saul Saul shrugs "We are on a bit of a clock here... Let's focus on getting it back here safely before anyone else gets to it first then we can discuss compensation, alright?"

As you approach the scene Sarai storms ahead with her claims of the harbor authority while Thyra addresses the dwarf. The heavily armored man and two thugs turn to watch your approach but the dwarf tucks the coin purse away and at Thyra's words looks to the armored man "This is your problem now... You paid for the booze, you deal with whatever this is." He shouts out to Thyra "Just business, if you have a problem with it take it up with the new owner!" He promptly turns and runs back aboard the ship.

The man smiles at you and as Nessa joins in with the bluff he just shakes his head and rolls his eyes "I must say you're pretty convincing liars, if I didn't know better I would have actually believed you. You really think the boss would leave risking the harbor authority as a possibility to mess with our business here?" He shrugs before continuing "In any case, this alcohol is ours now. We've paid for it and we are taking it so just turn your pretty little self's around and be on your way."

Sense Motive DC12:
The man seems pretty confident in himself and invested in the alcohol. You're pretty sure that being diplomatic or lying to him isn't going to get you anywhere. You do have the numbers though so you might be able to intimidate him into turning it over.

If combat breaks out we will do this a bit theater of the mind for now until I get maps up. The two thugs are 5 feet behind the armored man on either side of him, having just finished loading a large hand cart with the alcohol. You all are about fifteen feet away, close enough to talk but not close enough to be seen as a threat yet.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 This might only be a +7, as his words could be taken as a threat.

Thyra stares daggers at the man, clearly unimpressed with being talked down to. She drops the accent and speaks plainly. "I don't think you understand. Your having paid money does not make this any less of a theft. I suggest that you and your 'friends' apologize and leave right now, or things are going to go very badly for you." She emphasizes her point by lifting her hammer a couple inches off the dock and dropping it with a thud.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Also... *squee!* glad to be underway again.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Not a threat yet, the +9 works.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Dak, thanks for the spoilered reply ;) Do we have any 'legal' paperwork from Saul? Stating his ownership of the wine?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

"I believe my friend here has explained things pretty clearly..." - Hedran adds with a nod.

Intimidate Aid?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

No paperwork

The heavily armored man looks to Thyra and Hedran, then back to the two thugs, then to the rest of the group. He puts his hands up in a show of peace "Alright... alright. I'm sure we can work something out. What about our 200 gold that sniveling dwarf ran off with? You going to reimburse us? It's one thing for me to return without the booze, its another to return without the gold also..."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

I'm stoked to be back underway. Praises to Dak!!! :)

Sarai smiles serenely as Thyra's threat of violence seems to work.

She gracefully slides up to the pair, her voice nearly purring.

"Gentlemen, you have purchased stolen goods from that dwarf that just ran off. Our employer is the rightful owner and already paid for the goods. Just as you could not return without your gold, so our employer has not given us additional funds for goods he has already purchased."

She looks in the direction the dwarf ran. "I suggest you run after him...he has short legs and you could likely recoup your loss."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

"The ship is right there, and he is just inside" - Hedran adds calmly.

Sarai, you should have tried the Sense Motive first. Not sure that Diplomatic move is going to be worth a lot :P


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Nessa was all ready to try and pull off one abyss of a bluff to run these fools off but it just took her too long to figure out what she would do. She glowered at the lost opportunity but seemed to come to s simple decision. She didn't think that they would be leaving without the money, or some kind of recompense, and she didn't think they had that kind of money available.

"That you are out the money is your problem, you did try to steal the cargo from us, not ours." She smiled as she continued, "Of course we could rough you up a bit so you could say we beat you up and took the wine that was rightfully ours and left you without the money." She cocked her head to one side and continued, "Or we could come up with something else as compensation. Is there something you would like?"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The man shakes his head and backs away from the cart, motioning for the other thugs to do the same. "Whatever, take it and go. Doubt this will be the last we see of each other in any case." He nods toward the loaded hand cart for you to take it.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10
Hedran wrote:
Sarai, you should have tried the Sense Motive first. Not sure that Diplomatic move is going to be worth a lot :P

Right...Since Thyra had already made the intimidate check, I assumed we were past that and I was just trying to smooth things over.

Sarai shrugs at the man's threats about seeing them again.

"We will be sure to send you an invitation to the ball...and we'll be
dressed for the occasion,"
she says wryly.

Turning to her companions, she says "Shall we return?" It is clear she has no interest in pulling the cart herself.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

With the thugs leaving on their own and their supposed threat Nessa just gave them a little wave and said seductively, "See you later boys." She turned back to the the group and said, "Well that was easier than I thought."

Nessa moved to the cart and climbed up on top then looked at the men of their little group and said archly with a flippant wave of her hand, "Alright then, lets get going."


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None
Nessa Meretrix wrote:
Nessa moved to the cart and climbed up on top then looked at the men of their little group and said archly with a flippant wave of her hand, "Alright then, lets get going."

`Men'? You probably mean 'man' ;) GM Dak, does the cart have any mules? Hedran doesn't feel like pulling nor pushing either. Unless everyone chips in :P

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

If we recruit one more, let's make sure it's a male. ;P


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 4/6

Yeah, missed that for some reason. Least she didn't say it.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Nope, it’s a hand cart for two people to pull. Suppose you could hook up a mule if you had one.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4

Thyra grins at the men with satisfaction, then lifts her hammer onto the cart before grabbing one of the handles. "A job well done. Let's get this back before anything else happens. Care to help, Hedran?"


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

With Thyra and Hedran pulling the cart you make it back to the Gold Goblin just after midday. It's not that it was all that heavy, but it was unwieldly and fighting the crowds of people still recovering from yesterdays events and their clean-up efforts made getting back a slower affair. Once you reach the place you get some of the other staff to help unload the cart. Saul see's you've returned and summons you up to his office.

Once you all get up to his office Saul smiles "Looks as though you were successful. I'm glad you were able to recover it before anyone else did. I'll have to figure out a good event to use that booze for, something special you know..." He trails off obviously already thinking about ways to make more money with the specialty alcohol.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None
Thyra Osouf wrote:
Thyra grins at the men with satisfaction, then lifts her hammer onto the cart before grabbing one of the handles. "A job well done. Let's get this back before anything else happens. Care to help, Hedran?"

"Yeah" - the half-orc replies with a sidelong glance at both Sarai and Nessa - "Let's get this sorted. The talk about me being no one's servant can be addressed later" - he growls.

GM Dak wrote:
Once you all get up to his office Saul smiles "Looks as though you were successful. I'm glad you were able to recover it before anyone else did. I'll have to figure out a good event to use that booze for, something special you know..." He trails off obviously already thinking about ways to make more money with the specialty alcohol.

"A wine tasting maybe?" - Hedran ponders - "Might be a good option to promote the new shipment"


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 22/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rounds); Judgement - NA | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 1/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 3/4

Thyra nods at Saul in appreciation. "I feel it's fair to warn you that someone tried to buy up the wine before we got there, but they weren't willing to fight for it. Someone may look for retribution or recompense."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Saul smirks and reaches over to pat Hedran on the shoulder with his good hand "That's actually not a bad idea! I knew I hired the right people, brians and brawn!"

When Thyra mentions someone else trying to get the cargo Saul nods "That's exactly why I sent you as soon as I heard it would be in. Glad you got there in time to catch them in the act and deal with it. Do you know who they were working for?" He shrugs not waiting for an answer "Will just add it to the growing list of possible eventual retributions I may be facing..."

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sara shakes her head when Saul asks if they identified the thieves.

"They were disinclined to share that information with us," she says.

"Like Thyra said, they promised to make problems in the future. There's a crooked dwarf at the docks that had sold it to them, so you may want to avoid working with him in the future," she adds.

She looks at Hedran. "Speaking of a tasting, perhaps we should make sure it isn't poisoned before having the public consume it. I have partaken of many of this life's fineries. I shall stoop to volunteer for this task."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Saul looks a bit shocked when Sarai mentions a crooked dwarf "What, Captain Fizgabon? Why that no good rotten dwarf... you know, you think you can trust someone.... well, yes I won't be using the Foamrunner in the future. I bet one of the other bosses made him an offer he couldn't refuse, would also explain why they were so upset with you."

He shrugs and adds "Best be careful yourselves, I've already lost a good group of employees, I don't need any of you going missing on me as well."

501 to 550 of 1,407 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.