DM Brainiac's War for the Crown: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Current Date: 21 Kuthona, 4718 AR

Maps on Google Slides


6,451 to 6,500 of 6,994 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

It's currently midday, isn't it? Probably no shadows right here, huh? :)


Correct. :(


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

Zhi slips out of the creatures tentacles as if she were greased. Landing on her feet, she positions herself to give Sara the best chance to strike.

Realizing that there's no way that she can break loose, Zhi tenses and considers her options.

;P


Actually, the creature's CMD is 46, so even with a natural 20, you are unable to escape... :(


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Seeing her wife trapped Melodie strides forward and cuts at the creature's tongue, her voice sending powerful vibrations through the Scion's Dagger.

Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23 Damage: 1d4 + 8d6 + 28 ⇒ (3) + (6, 3, 4, 6, 2, 5, 3, 2) + 28 = 62 Shame. :(


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Yeah, this thing's got a huge AC.


Sara Full Attack: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 411d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 401d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 251d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 251d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 151d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 2d8 + 17 ⇒ (6, 4) + 17 = 272d8 + 17 ⇒ (6, 2) + 17 = 25

As Melodie and Zhi struggle vainly against the monster, Sara kicks at it with her heels, scoring two solid blows. Undeterred the thing pulls Zhi into its gaping maw! It swiftly swallows the rogue, its powerful stomach muscles crushing her and breaking bones. The warm, dark gullet is terrifying, and Zhi's mind rebels at the thought of being digested alive! But the sahkil's fell influence twists this fear, intertwining it with thoughts of Melodie...

Swallow Whole: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (16) + 32 = 48
Damage: 16d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 1, 6, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 3, 6) = 63

Just as quickly as it swallowed her, the sahkil vomits Zhi forth, leaving her bloody and slimy on the ground. With a slobbering laugh, it winks out of existence as it slips back into the Ethereal Plane.

63 damage to Zhi. She must make a DC 28 Will save or gain a permanent phobia of Melodie. This is a mind-affecting madness effect. The creature is retreating for now so we are out of initiative. Maria and Zileska will continue to try to leave the town until the compulsion is suppressed or dispelled.

Phobia:
A phobia is an irrational fear of a (usually commonplace) object or situation. A character is constantly shaken in the presence of the object of her fear. Additionally, if a phobic character is directly confronted by her obsession (requiring a standard action), she must make a DC 28 Will save against the insanity or become frightened by the object for 1d6 rounds.


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Groaning and in pain, Zhi feels the external influence begin to twist her thoughts. Instinctively, she calls upon Koriana's Blade to negate the effect.

She coughs out more of the slime and struggles to her feet.

And I didn't even get my gun back. :(

"Is everyone ok?" she manages to spit out when she notices the creature is nowhere in sight.


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

"Are you ok?" Melodie responds, clasping her wife's hands. "That thing was foul!"


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

"The inside was worse," Zhi grumbles, leaning against Melodie. "But why did it leave? We weren't doing spit to it. What's its game?"

Noticing that Zil and Maria are moving further and further away, she tightens her grip on Mel's hand. "We need to go get those two and figure out what to do."


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Zhi shakes off more of the residue of the abomination and leads the others down the path to intercept Maria and Zileska.

"Do you have a way to remove the spell?" she asks her wife. She then turns to the two ladies under the spell. "Zil? Maria? You're under a spell of some sort. Do you have any way to remove it?"


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

"I can try." Melodie says, "Or we could try and wait the spell out. The effects usually fade after a while..."

Dispel: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29


Melodie's spell is successful, and Zileska regains control of her senses as the compulsion vanishes.

The dispel DC is 29 so you just made it. You will have to try to dispel Maria's separately though.


Botting Melodie since she's out of town for a bit...

Dispel: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 261d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 261d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

It takes three more attempts, but Melodie is finally able to dispel the suggestion from Maria. By this point, you're on the outskirts of Hyden. Your true foes lie back in the town, but that monstrous sahkil is no doubt still lurking nearby...


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

"I think we need to fall back and regroup," Zhi says to the others after the compulsion has been removed. "We need something better to deal with this insubstantial ... thing."

"I want to take us back to Birdsong. What do you think?"


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Melodie nods her agreement, "We need some more ways to affect an incorporeal creature. Perhaps some scrolls or something similar. We'll have to come back quickly though, first thing in the morning perhaps."


Initiative:
Mai Zhi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Maria: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Melodie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Sara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Zileska: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Safina: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Monster: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

As you are debating what to do next, the horrible monster suddenly appears behind Melodie! Its wounds appear to have vanished. Its tongue slices her skin, causing her to begin bleeding profusely as it wraps around her and holds her tight. "You should have fled when you had the chance! Now I shall feast on your terror!"

Tongue: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (4, 6) + 21 = 31
Grab: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (2) + 30 = 32

31 slashing damage to Melodie and she is grappled. Everybody may act!


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Zhi steps up next to the creature and engages it in the way she knows best.

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 4 = 40 outflank - if possible
Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 3 = 14 arcane strike
Sneak Attack Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 1, 4, 5) = 19

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 4 = 36 outflank - if possible
Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 3 = 16 arcane strike
Sneak Attack Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 2, 3, 1) = 19

Koriana's Blade Attack: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 4 = 32 outflank - if possible
Korian's Blade Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 arcane strike
Sneak Attack Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 4, 1, 6) = 22

Koriana's Blade Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 4 = 31 outflank - if possible
Korian's Blade Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 arcane strike
Sneak Attack Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 4, 2, 4) = 20

Rapier Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 18 + 4 = 39 outflank - if possible
Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 3 = 14 arcane strike

Rapier Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 4 = 27 outflank - if possible
Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 3 = 18 arcane strike

That should be an AoO for Sara if she's flanking.

Current Effects: mage armor, Arcane Strike
Koriana's Blade: +4 AC, +1 AC to Sara
Current AC: 28

Opponent is -6 to Will saves for rounds equal to number of hits.


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 82/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 5/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

Having already failed to banish the enemy, Zil sticks to deploying a heal spell to keep Zhi in fighting trim.


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Concentration, DC23: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 Just enough!
SR: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39

As Zhi hammers the creature, Melodie focuses her voice and will and commands the creature. "Freeze!"

Hold Monster, DC26, -10 on the save! Also -4 on attack rolls, SR, Ref etc.


Will, Mind Blank: 1d20 + 19 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 19 + 8 - 10 = 31

The creature resists Melodie's spel!

Maria and Sara are up!


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Did any of Zhi's blows strike with her Sneak Attack dice? If so, then the critter gets another -6 on Will saves.


Yes, that is why the total penalty is -10 instead of -4.


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Dang! It was worth a try.


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

If it didn't have Mind Blank up we'd have got it... so thats' pretty good, it takes a +19 will save AND mind blank AND a mid teens roll, to stop us. :D


Female Rakshasa-spawn Tiefling Investigator 17 | HP 103/105 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 | Fort +11 Ref +20 Will +16 | Initiative +9 | Perception +20 (free Insp) | Sense Motive +23 (free Insp)

Maria had at least managed to get her Greater False Life extract down her neck while the others were talking and moved in with Zhi to start attacking it.

Swift Studied Combat, move to approach, standard to stab. If it's close enough for Maria to get a full attack off, then the second and third attacks would be with attack bonuses of 21 and 16.
Greater False Life: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (2, 9) + 16 = 27

Studied Attack: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (10) + 26 = 36
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + (2) + 13 = 18


Safina Magic Number: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Sara Full Attack, with AoO: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 251d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 241d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 281d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 17 ⇒ (4, 7) + 17 = 28
Safina Attacks, Challenge: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 371d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 241d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 301d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 52 ⇒ (7, 1) + 52 = 60

Sara only manages to land one good heel strike on the monster, while Safina scores a critical hit! Zhi and Maria stab at the beast, further wounding it, but not enough. It opens its maw wide and yanks Melodie inside with its tongue, swallowing her whole! The creature's stomach crushes the unfortunate mesmerist while her mind fills with fear! After a few seconds, it spits Melodie back out and slips back into the Ethereal Plane.

Swallow Whole: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (18) + 30 = 48
Damage: 16d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 3, 6, 3, 1, 5, 4) = 48

48 damage to Melodie and she must make a DC 28 Will save or gain a permanent phobia of her greatest achievements. This is a mind-affecting madness effect. The creature is retreating again so unless you have some way to stop it while it is ethereal, we are out of initiative.

Enemy Status:
Qolok -130


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Will: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

Melodie collapses on the floor as the creature regurgitates her, although the psychological effects do not do any more damage than the creature's vomit.

"Go!" She manages, "I'm right there with you." The shadows pool around her and she vanishes.

Shadow Walk :D YMMV on how accurately she can get back to Meratt.


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Zhi fights against the urge to follow her wife into the shadows, but she knows that she needs to get everyone else home.

"Everyone! Gather 'round," she says before beginning the words to the spell of teleportation.

Teleport - Very Familiar: 1d100 ⇒ 27

In spite of her ankles killing her, the rogue stays standing and pacing until Melodie arrives home safely.


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 82/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 5/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

"Now how do we keep the creature from appearing here?" says Zil as the team appears. "We have no special defenses against planar interlopers."


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

"That thing was defending something," Zhi says in response. "I'd be surprised if it would just leave it undefended to come after us here." She frowns. "At least I hope it wouldn't." Her eyes begins searching the surround area.

Whether she's looking for her wife or the plane-hopping horror is anyone's guess.


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

After nearly an hour the shadows coalesce in the corner of the room and Melodie collapses into the room. She's white as a sheet and falls to the floor as her thin blood pools up around her hand and starts welling over.

She looks up and gives Zhi a pale grin before she faints.

Zhi:
{"Good thing time passes differently there."}

I forgot that Mel is taking bleed damage because of her haemophilia. So we get a nice dramatic entrance...


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Zhi is nearly frantic by the time Melodie reappears. "Zil!" she calls out as the woman collapses. She races to her side and takes her in her arms. "Hey, you. No sleeping on the job," she says in a soft voice.

What we do next is going to depend on whether the thing continues to attack us here.


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Zhi:
{"You're getting blood on your clothes."} Melodie responds faintly, edging back to consciousness as Zhi grasps her. {"Don't spoil your..."}


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 82/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 5/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

Zil doesn't hesitate but moves to kneel down next to Melodie. "Glad I keep two of these handy," she murmurs as she draws forth her holy symbol and casts another heal spell. A low buzzing sound is heard as a golden light seems to reflect from Melodie's skin for a moment and her bleeding wounds knit and heal perfectly, leaving no blemish, and she takes on more of her usual color.


Female Human Fighter (Cad) 13, Brawler 2 | HP: 55/185| AC: 19/17 (11 T, 17 F)| CMB: +19/+28, CMD: 28| F: +19, R: +12, W: +7| Init: +7| Perc: +17, SM +12, Dip +45, Intim +39| Speed 35ft| Martial Flexibility 3/4, Serpentine Tattoo 3/3, Beast Form 2 (Lion) 1/1, Terrible Cost 5/5| Active Conditions: N/A

"Holy f&#~," says Sara, out of breath. "Maybe we should head to Oppara, supply up in a bigger market?"


Female Rakshasa-spawn Tiefling Investigator 17 | HP 103/105 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 | Fort +11 Ref +20 Will +16 | Initiative +9 | Perception +20 (free Insp) | Sense Motive +23 (free Insp)

”Agreed - maybe do some research into just what we’re facing and how to protect ourselves. And keeping it from constantly fading away from us all the time.”


Using magic, you travel swiftly to Oppara to shop for supplies to use against the monstrous guardian of Hyden. You return to the Palace of Birdsong, and after resting and recovering, you teleport back to Hayden the next day.

Teleport: 1d100 ⇒ 16

You arrive on target and quickly cast preparatory spells. Only a few minutes later, the horrifying outsider phases into reality a few feet away! "You return for me to torment you further! I will teach you the meaning of terror!"

Initiative:

Mai Zhi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Maria: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Melodie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Sara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Zileska: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Safina: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Monster: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

The creature has a gaze attack. Anybody meeting its gaze is panicked for 1d6 rounds and shaken for 1 minute thereafter, or shaken for 1 minute on a successful DC 28 Will save. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Maria may act before the monster! It is 15 feet away.


Female Rakshasa-spawn Tiefling Investigator 17 | HP 103/105 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 | Fort +11 Ref +20 Will +16 | Initiative +9 | Perception +20 (free Insp) | Sense Motive +23 (free Insp)

As they approached, Maria made sure to down her shield, greater false life, barkskin, and blur extracts.

Greater False Life: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (4, 7) + 16 = 27
AC 34, CMD 29, 20% miss chance, and ^ that many temp HP.

With the creature before them, Maria made the first move.

Swift for Studied Combat, Move to approach, Standard to attack.

Studied Attack: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (14) + 26 = 40
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (1) + (3) + 13 = 17


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

As soon as the group appears in the correct location, Zhi begins casting spells upon herself.

mirror image, shield, reduce person

Mirror Image: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 images

Current Effects: mage armor, Arcane Strike, shield, mirror image
Mirror Image: 5 images
Koriana's Blade: +4 AC
Current AC: 34


Female Human Fighter (Cad) 13, Brawler 2 | HP: 55/185| AC: 19/17 (11 T, 17 F)| CMB: +19/+28, CMD: 28| F: +19, R: +12, W: +7| Init: +7| Perc: +17, SM +12, Dip +45, Intim +39| Speed 35ft| Martial Flexibility 3/4, Serpentine Tattoo 3/3, Beast Form 2 (Lion) 1/1, Terrible Cost 5/5| Active Conditions: N/A

Sara stands there waiting with a brace of arrows and one of Maria's infusions, ready to drink it as soon as she sees or hears the thing.

Readied action to drink the True Strike infusion upon its appearance, which I'm hoping she gets off during this round?


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 82/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 5/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

Zileska knows that this fight is worthless if the creature can just vanish, so she's prepared a special treat. In addition to throwing down bless, remove fear, prayer, blessing of fervor, and freedom of movement on the ladies, and nine lives on Sara, she casts a powerful spell that generates an emerald barrier as soon as the creature appears.

There is no escape: The creature cannot avoid the spell as long as it is in the area of the dimension lock. Of course, creatures of this sort have spell resistance; the spell could just wash off of it like it's nothing.

Caster level check, spell penetration feat: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 = 23
Caster level check good fortune reroll, spell penetration feat: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 = 21

Zileska throws up her hands in frustration and prepares for the creature to escape only to kill them later.

Welp, fight's over, we lose.


Unfortunately, you can't ready actions outside of initiative. I assume Zileska will want to cast dimensional lock on her first round, and Sara can either drink the infusion or choose to do something else on her turn.

AoO: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (9) + 28 = 37
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2) + 9 = 16

As Maria moves in on the monster, its tongue slices at her, but it is unable to grab hold due to freedom of movement. The tiefling drives her blade into the monster's shuddering bulk, wounding it.

But its injury starts to quickly heal as its tongue wraps around Maria's feet and knocks her to the ground. It assaults her with a flurry of attacks, clawing and slamming her. The monster seems unfazed by Maria's blur spell, unerringly striking the tiefling! Luckily, the investigator's other magical defenses protect her from some attacks, but she is still badly wounded!

Trip, PA: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (18) + 25 = 43
AoO: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31
Slam, Slam, Bite, Claw, Claw: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 301d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 371d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 291d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 371d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38
Damage: 1d8 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 241d6 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 231d6 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23

Zileska calls forth a dimensional lock, trapping the fiend on this plane!

86 total damage to Maria, and she is prone. Everybody but Zileska is up!


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

BoF: +2 AC and Reflex saves

"No running away this time," Zhi says in a cold voice right before casting a spell to enhance her capabilities.

transformation

She then moves in to give Sara flanking assistance.

Current Effects: mage armor, shield, prayer, bless, mirror image, blessing of fervor, freedom of movement, remove fear, transformation - 11 rounds
Mirror Image: 5 images
Koriana's Blade: +4 AC, +1 AC to Sara
Current AC: 40


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Prebuffs: See Invis on self. Vengeful Outrage on Sara, targeting the Sakhil. +6 Str and Con luv!

Melodie whistles at the creature, a remarkably jaunty tune, and the creature finds itself tapping its feet!

SR: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

Irresistible Dance. DC28 Will to keep duration to one round.

Zil are you giving everyone FoM? I can do it, or pass out other useful tricks...


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 82/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 5/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

I FoM’d two people, either you or scrolls will have to pick up the difference!


Female Rakshasa-spawn Tiefling Investigator 17 | HP 103/105 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 | Fort +11 Ref +20 Will +16 | Initiative +9 | Perception +20 (free Insp) | Sense Motive +23 (free Insp)

Cursing in pain, Maria quickly got back to her feet and lashed out.

Been a while since I read PF's rules for getting back up but I assume that it takes a move action, so only one attack?

Studied Attack: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (4) + 26 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + (3) + 13 = 18


Female Human Rogue 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 10 | HP 108/108 | AC 30 T 25 FF 23 | Fort +12 Ref +21 Will +15 | Init +7 | Perc +21 | Spells 1st: 4/7, 2nd 6/7, 3rd 5/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 5/6, 6th 4/5, 7th 3/3 | Boots 10/10 | Tricky Spells 5/5 | Sneak Attack 2/2 | Greater Invisibility 9/10 |

Yeah, unless you've got something special.


Female Rakshasa-spawn Tiefling Investigator 17 | HP 103/105 | AC 34 T 17 FF 29 | Fort +11 Ref +20 Will +16 | Initiative +9 | Perception +20 (free Insp) | Sense Motive +23 (free Insp)

Then I guess I'm eating an AoO again.


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:71/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +44(49), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 7/8, 2: 6/7, 3: 5/7, 4: 4/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 1/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 10/17+1; Words: 10/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Before the fight begins Melodie applies her powers to her friends.

Three FoM tricks and Visions of Blood on Zhi.

6,451 to 6,500 of 6,994 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's War for the Crown: Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.