Courts of the Shadow Fey (Inactive)

Game Master Grimmy

Bathhouse Map

Battle Map

Map of Zobeck

Artwork 1 | Artwork 2 | Artwork 3 | Artwork 4


51 to 100 of 377 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

When Morrigan checks the room for other patrons enjoying the apricots, she sees plenty of skewers resting in empty stew bowls. It seems they weren't the only ones to receive a free snack.

Outside, perched on the roof, Fiachra sees Grigori leave first, heading towards the South Gate.

Fiachra Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Fiachra notices some men in plain clothes mixed into the crowd on the street veering off to follow Grigori when he leaves the tavern.

The tiefling comes next, magically hastened, but he goes a different way, heading towards Upper Zobeck.

While the new companions finish their meal and form their plan, Fiachra sees those same men who followed Grigori returning to gather inconspicuously outside the tavern again.


HP 15/15 | AC 14 Tch 12 FF 12 | CMD 13 | Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 2 | Init +2 | Perc +4| Bardic Performances: 14/16| Dancing Lights 2/3| Kitsune Bard (Arcane Healer) 2
Allegra Írwen Larentil wrote:
"By my guest. But when we split the shares, remember who found the lead" she smiles and says in a half-joking tone, a pretty obvious indication of the words being spoken in jest... or not?

Alfen chuckles nervously. "Um, don't worry. I won't!" He approaches the man currently tending bar. "Hey, friend," he says, his usual grin on his face. "It looks like I'll be heading off now. Really enjoyed performing here, anytime you need some entertainment you know where to find me."

"Any chance I can get my payment now?" he asks, trying to make it seem like a casual afterthought.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Alfen Perform Fiddle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Ulmek reaches into his coin purse for 2 gold pieces and a silver piece, handing them to Alfen. "You did good. It's always quiet on Moonday through Wolfsday, come back on Ceresday and you'll make more in tips."

These names for the days of the week are standard to everyone but Momo and Morrigan, who know the elven names.

By the way, I missed Momo's questions about the barkeeps name and scent. He gives his name as Ulmek, and his scent is human.


Female Elven Shadow Witch / 2 HP 13/13 | AC 13 Tch 12 FF 11 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init +2\ Perc +5/7 (Familiar=+10) | S Motive + 7/9 | Stealth

Seeing that so many of the other patrons have also received the free pastries, Morrigan smiles wryly, feeling a little foolish. "On second thought Momo, I think I am full. If you would like another, please take my apricot."

Allegra Írwen Larentil wrote:


She turns around towards the table where Momo and Morgraine are eating. "Coming, you two? You haven't even yet told me what brought you here. Fancy carry on our conversation as we walk?"

Morrigan is about to reply when she hesitates and glances at Momo. While it was actually quite nice to be off her feet after the long day's journey, and while she also had no idea what was actually going on in this strange place, she knew Momo would likely want to catch up with her friend, so she was content to let Momo decide. Besides a stroll through the city? What could possibly go amiss?


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Momo quickly drains her second bowl of soup and picks up Morrigan’s apricot. ”Yeah, I want it!” Momo takes a bite of the second apricot and stands up. Mouth full of food, Momo asks: ” Írwen, I got you one too? Do you want it?” If Írwen takes is Momo will smile and nod. If Írwen doesn’t want it, Momo will quickly take a bite out of it to claim it.

Momo turns and waves enthusiastically at the barkeep before following Írwen and Morrigan. ”Bye Ulmek, take care!” Who knew humans could be so nice?

Momo nods at Morrigan; Momo is ready to go. ”I’m ready to go on a stroll Írwen. I want to know what you’ve been up to these nine years!” Momo shifts a glace to the kitsune Alfen. Is he coming too? Momo takes another bit bite out of the skewered fruit, returning her focus to Írwen.

Once they are outside, Momo pulls at Írwen’s sleeve, pulling Írwen aside for a moment. ”Írwen,” Momo’s face and tone are suddenly serious. Momo tiptoes towards towards Írwen’s ear and whispers: ”Is this really just a leisurely walk or do you want to follow them?” Momo doesn’t specify ‘them’ but she means the horned creature from the bar. Momo's large curious eyes stare back at Írwen, unblinking.

Momo backs up a step after hearing Írwen’s response. Momo looks around the street at their surroundings. Nodding to Morrigan, Írwen, and Alfen. Momo surveys the human male (Nik'olo Gaczi) up and down. Momo stiffs the air, smelling Nik'olo and other nearby creatures.

Perception (Visual): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Who is this human? (Nik'olo) And are there any predators nearby?

Momo's nostils flare, sniffing the air. Momo slowly turns in a circle, her bright eyes taking note of the direction.

Perception (Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Momo focuses on picking up the cologne scent from the tavern. Was it from a potion or a creature? Momo's village has no use for perfumes and colognes. Their natural scents are enough and Momo doesn't understand why someone would want to mask their own unique scent.

Generally, do you want to count Scent as the same roll or a different roll for Perception?


Female Elven Shadow Witch / 2 HP 13/13 | AC 13 Tch 12 FF 11 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init +2\ Perc +5/7 (Familiar=+10) | S Motive + 7/9 | Stealth

Morrigan's lips curl into a brief, but obviously amused smile at Momo and she sighs as she gets to her feet. After settling any remaining bill with the tavernkeeper, she heads towards the door.


HP 15/15 | AC 14 Tch 12 FF 12 | CMD 13 | Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 2 | Init +2 | Perc +4| Bardic Performances: 14/16| Dancing Lights 2/3| Kitsune Bard (Arcane Healer) 2

Alfen happily accepts the coin offered to him. It wasn't much, but now he knew when to come back and earn more. "Ceresday, right. I'll remember that. Thanks again!"

He packs up his fiddle and bow and rushes to join the others as they gather at the door. This was exciting! He had been longing for more in his life ever since Georg passed away, and now opportunity was knocking. A genuine mystery to solve with... people he didn't know that well.

Alfen takes a look at the small group. Three of them knew each other, and even though Nik'olo seemed as much a stranger to them as he was to Alfen, the bard couldn't help but suddenly feel awkward as the odd fox out. He catches Momo's quizzical glance and gives a weak smile back. It would be fine. He takes a moment to consider Momo's disguise.

Not a bad idea. Can't be sure of what we're getting into, and what if it ends up being dangerous and someone recognizes me? He laughs to himself at this notion, why would it be dangerous? That was absurd. Although if someone like Grigori was involved....

"Here, I don't want to call any unwanted attention on us as we walk the streets, so..." He snaps his fingers (completely unnecessary and purely for theatrical effect) and all of a sudden he's changed. Taller, thinner, and completely furless, although a good amount of auburn fur has now become hair on top of his head and he still retains the same blue eyes. Alfen now looks completely human.


HP 15/15 | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Insp: 1/4 used | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Buffs:

It is nice to move, to feel like you're life is moving, making decisions, changing your mind and setting a new course. Nik'olo, for a moment, feels like he is washing the years fo thralldom away. He smiles as the others join him. They're strange, to be sure, but they feel so free, so fresh!

Then a vision of his old friends dangling from the gallows sobers him up. Friends are responsibilities. What if Grigori sends them to die? Such weight! He just asked if they wished to come, why does he have to feel responsible.

Yet he does.

His smile fading, he leads the group to the Silk Scabbard, his eyes out for trouble, for death, or worse.


Momo Duline wrote:

Generally, do you want to count Scent as the same roll or a different roll for Perception?

One check per stimulus sounds good. Also it looks like Momo can use Survival to track by scent.


As Nik'olo gets his bearings, looking out for trouble, he doesn't have to look far.

Momo sees them first. A group of tough looking men. They have no unifying dress, but they stick out from the working class people on the street. They are neat and tidy, and they carry silver tipped batons. They are waiting across the street from the Wheatsheaf. As the new companions step out into the street one of them beckons for you to approach. He has a thick blond mustache.

“Evening. You look like you need to talk. What say we slip over to that quiet alley and have a chat?”

Sense Motive DC12:
You may not like the conversation, but they really do just want to talk.. for now.

Perception DC 20:
One of them has a pin on his cloak shaped like a griffon clutching a gear in it's claws.


Female Elven Shadow Witch / 2 HP 13/13 | AC 13 Tch 12 FF 11 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init +2\ Perc +5/7 (Familiar=+10) | S Motive + 7/9 | Stealth

S Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception-Fiachra: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Just a stroll through the city... what could go wrong? Morrigan laughs softly, remembering her own sardonic thoughts not a minute past.

Stepping up to just behind Nik'olo and Írwen she says in a low voice that should not naturally carry across the street, "There, on his cloak, Griffon clutching a gear. Mean anything to you?"

She could feel Fiachra stirring behind and above her, like an itch between her shoulder blades.

To Momo, "Keep your eyes open. I think they do want to just talk, but this smells like rotten fish..."


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Momo is disappointed that she can't smell the cologne from earlier, but is quickly distracted. Momo’s eyes widen when she sees Alfen turn into a human. Momo would have gasped, but she notices a group of tough looking men across the street. Momo’s ears and tail stiffen. They don't look friendly.

Momo instinctively attempts to hide because she knows not all humans are kind towards catfolk. Momo squeezes herself behind Morrigan because she's the closest. Momo’s right hand clenches the lower back of Morrigan’s cloak as a tether to her friend. Momo doesn't want to be separated.

Stealth (Hide): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 (For flavor. Mono probably isn't hidden very well, lol. Penalty for hiding behind a humanoid?)

Morrigan wrote:
"Keep your eyes open. I think they do want to just talk, but this smells like rotten fish..."

Momo comprehends Morrigan’s warning literally. They're fishermen? Momo pokes her hooded head out from behind Morrigan’s arm to take a second look. Momo blinks a couple times. She can't imagine the intimidating men sitting in canoes with fishing gear.

Standing behind Morrigan, Momo looks towards the human and human-looking creatures in her party. Are Alfen and that human (Nik'olo) going to talk to them? Momo thinks it's best to let humans talk to humans and casts a worried glance towards Írwen.


HP 15/15 | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Insp: 1/4 used | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Buffs:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Know Local about the geared griffon: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + (5) = 17

"Here will do just fine. Say your piece, we're all ears... he replies, keeping his ground.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 11 + (5) = 35


HP 15/15 | AC 14 Tch 12 FF 12 | CMD 13 | Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 2 | Init +2 | Perc +4| Bardic Performances: 14/16| Dancing Lights 2/3| Kitsune Bard (Arcane Healer) 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Alfen stops in his tracks as the large men approach them. He glances at his new companions anxiously. So much for not attracting unwanted attention. But at least if things went south, they wouldn't recognize him. He hopes.

"Hey guys, we don't want any trouble." He smiles at the mustached man, instinctively trying to show his fangs before remembering he currently didn't have any. "We're just tryin' to get home af'er a long night at the tavern. You know how it is, right?" He winks, slurring his speech slightly in an effort to make himself seem harmless and useless.

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Momo Duline wrote:
Momo quickly drains her second bowl of soup and picks up Morrigan’s apricot. ”Yeah, I want it!” Momo takes a bite of the second apricot and stands up. Mouth full of food, Momo asks: ” Írwen, I got you one too? Do you want it?”

"Why, thank you, Momo" says Írwen biting a small nibble off the fruit and gently ruffling the young catfolk's hair.

Momo Duline wrote:

Momo nods at Morrigan; Momo is ready to go. ”I’m ready to go on a stroll Írwen. I want to know what you’ve been up to these nine years!” Momo shifts a glace to the kitsune Alfen. Is he coming too? Momo takes another bit bite out of the skewered fruit, returning her focus to Írwen.

Once they are outside, Momo pulls at Írwen’s sleeve, pulling Írwen aside for a moment. ”Írwen,” Momo’s face and tone are suddenly serious. Momo tiptoes towards towards Írwen’s ear and whispers: ”Is this really just a leisurely walk or do you want to follow them?” Momo doesn’t specify ‘them’ but she means the horned creature from the bar. Momo's large curious eyes stare back at Írwen, unblinking.

"Well, sometimes one can blend business with pleasure, right?" answers Írwen. "We'll be escorting this good man to a place, and once he finds what he's looking for, we might get some good coin out of it. In the meantime, there's nothing that prevents us from chatting a bit – and if the money's good, I promise I'll buy you a little something to remember this day by. Deal?" she winks.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Morrigan. wrote:
Stepping up to just behind Nik'olo and Írwen she says in a low voice that should not naturally carry across the street, "There, on his cloak, Griffon clutching a gear. Mean anything to you?"

Lore (Zobeck): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Probably not...

"I noticed that too. An affiliation of sorts, most likely? Though which one, I don't know.

Nik'olo Gaczi wrote:
"Here will do just fine. Say your piece, we're all ears..." he replies, keeping his ground.

Intimidate (aid another): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"In a dark alley, like a common whore? Oh goddess. The last man to make that mistake is still picking up his teeth, I'm afraid" she adds in an exaggeratedly coquettish tone, marking her words with a smile which is both disarming and subtly threatening.


Nik'olo Gaczi recognizes the pin Morrigan is describing... A squad leader of the Spyglass Guild, Zobecks secret police. They are a semi lawful organization, that answers to the Council of Praetors but often operates outside the law. They do the dirty work that politicians want to be able to deny.

When Nik'olo stands up to them, telling them to say their piece here in the street, all of the gathered companions hear a quiet confidence and a chilly menace in his voice. When Irwen adds her flamboyant remarks even the Spyglass Guild squad leader looks like he doesn't want to bite off more than he can chew.

"Fine, we'll talk here," says the one with the blond mustache, after looking to the lieutenant and seeing him silently nod. They cross the street but their tip-stave batons are lowered by their sides. The man with the mustache continues to do the talking.

“Look. You seem like smart people. Let me explain how you can continue to be smart. We know about the girl, and we know you’re after her. We’re after her too. You find her and turn her over, or you’ll all see the bottom of Blue House. And don’t bother trying to run. You’re not hard to find, and we are watching.” He smiles, as if genuinely pleased to have the unpleasant part out of the way. “And, if you do this quick enough, and we’ll even give you the reward for her. That’s a short-term offer, though.” He glances to the squad leader, who nods, and the group starts to drift away, swinging their silver-tipped ebony batons. The spokesman smiles again before starting to leave. “Better get going. It’s getting late.”

Sense Motive DC 13:
The squad leader is embarrassed about being intimidated. He may seek revenge later.

Nik'olo has time to tell the others who they're dealing with before they cross.

Fiachra the Raven recognizes these are the same men who followed Grigori when he left. There were two more among their number then.


Female Elven Shadow Witch / 2 HP 13/13 | AC 13 Tch 12 FF 11 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init +2\ Perc +5/7 (Familiar=+10) | S Motive + 7/9 | Stealth

SMotive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Morrigan looks at Nik'olo in front of her and then to the men across the street. Less than a few hours in the city and...Just how did we manage to get mixed up in this, whatever this is? she wonders.

Crossing her arms, she very nearly glares at the others, though in truth she was mostly irritated at herself for letting Momo and herself get wrapped up in this mess.

"So... Who is this girl you're looking for, and... why? What is a Blue House? Who were those men? And why should we be working for them? I mean besides the fact that they now intend to come after you? You've made an enemy would be my guess, whether you do as they say or no."

Fiachra takes flight, trying to see the direction, if any, the men go to.


HP 15/15 | AC 14 Tch 12 FF 12 | CMD 13 | Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 2 | Init +2 | Perc +4| Bardic Performances: 14/16| Dancing Lights 2/3| Kitsune Bard (Arcane Healer) 2

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Alfen nervously watches the men as they leave. He nods in agreement with Morrigan. "They don't seem too happy about what just happened," he warns. He wrings his hands anxiously and looks directly at Nik'olo.

"What exactly did Grigori tell you about this woman anyway? I know he said something about jewels she was carrying..." Alfen stops suddenly, aware of what he just admitted. "Erm, not that I was eavesdropping on your conversation, of course! It was just, well, it was hard not to hear. Well, did he say anything else? Do you know who those people were?"


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?
Allegra Írwen Larentil wrote:
"Why, thank you, Momo" says Írwen biting a small nibble off the fruit and gently ruffling the young catfolk's hair.

Momo raises her head to meet Írwen’s touch. ”Purr.” If it had been someone unfamiliar, Momo would be upset at the touch.

------------------------------------

I’m not actually sure how Momo would handle this situation.

Momo continues to stand behind Morrigan, holding onto the back of her cloak with one hand. She observes Nik’olo intimidate the other humans. He seems scary… Momo can’t help but flinch when Nik’olo speaks in his coarse voice. His voice sounds like a rusty knife slid on the whitest porcelain. He must be really tough. Momo thinks of the rope burn on his neck and her ears flatten.

Morrigan wrote:
"So... Who is this girl you're looking for, and... why? What is a Blue House? Who were those men? And why should we be working for them? I mean besides the fact that they now intend to come after you? You've made an enemy would be my guess, whether you do as they say or no."

Momo nods. Yeah, what’s Blue House? Momo still stands behind Morrigan, peering around her tentatively. When Fiachra takes flight, Momo bounces back in surprise. Momo is nervous after the encounter with the intimidating humans. Realizing that it’s just Morrigan’s familiar, Momo steps to Morrigan’s side to be included in the conversation.

Alfen Greenraw wrote:

Alfen nervously watches the men as they leave. He nods in agreement with Morrigan. "They don't seem too happy about what just happened," he warns. He wrings his hands anxiously and looks directly at Nik'olo.

"What exactly did Grigori tell you about this woman anyway? I know he said something about jewels she was carrying..." Alfen stops suddenly, aware of what he just admitted. "Erm, not that I was eavesdropping on your conversation, of course! It was just, well, it was hard not to hear. Well, did he say anything else? Do you know who those people were?"

Momo nods and deftly slides next to Alfen because of strength in numbers ”Yeah, Alfen’s right. How do you know scary people like that? Are you a bad person?” Momo eyes the male human (Nik'olo) suspiciously. Does he litter? Or maybe he steals? Momo is generic with her questions because she sees the situation as black and white, good or bad.


HP 15/15 | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Insp: 1/4 used | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Buffs:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Nik'olo eyes the man and lets the threats sink in. He lets the woman ask her questions, nodding to mean he shares them: "That's a good summary of what I'm also wondering. I don't know those people, nor Grigori, nor this girl... Now, I'm sorry I got you in that mess. It sounds risky. I'll understand if you wish to pass. As for me, I just feel like this girl is in trouble. I'll at least try to warn her..."

Plus I hate bullies!


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"You might be understanding, yet they didn't look the sympathetic types to me. Especially after you just humiliated their leader" Írwen nonchalantly replies. "Great delivery, by the way. Once this is all over, you'll have to teach me."

"Still. They say sometimes the best way to elude a trap is to walk straight through it. I suggest we make haste." Though this stroll has just become quite less leisurely.

She turn towards Momo and Morrigan with an apologetic look in her eye. "You know, their reach might be far, but I doubt it extends to the Margreve. I'm sorry this evening has taken this turn, but of the five of us, you two are probably the ones who can slip away without repercussions."


HP 15/15 | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Insp: 1/4 used | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Buffs:

Nik'olo gives Irwen a warm smile and a nod, then turns to the others: "What about you?"


Taking flight, Fiachra sees that the men scatter in various directions, probably to avoid being followed as part of their training. Down an alley though, the raven sees two more of their number holding Grigori captive, and escorting him away.

It seems these men with the silver tipped batons are the same who questioned him. They must have followed him after letting him go, hoping he would lead them to the girl, Ilyana. Instead he led them to Nik'olo and the newly formed companions.

What started as a simple errand to warn a girl her boyfriend had been arrested, now has an unsettling twist. These men, the Spyglass Guild, want Ilyana handed over, at penalty of imprisonment for failure to comply.

The identity of the horned Tiefling man remains unknown.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?
Nik'olo Gaczi wrote:
Nik'olo gives Irwen a warm smile and a nod, then turns to the others: "What about you?"

Even though Momo knows absolutely nothing about this human, he’s just smiled warmly at her. Írwen seems to know him. Perhaps he is a good human. Momo steps closer to the male human, sniffing the air.

Momo focuses her large, green, cat-like eyes on the human male. ”I’m Momo, from the forest. Who are you?” Momo glances at Írwen, unsure, before looking back at the human. Is he a friend?

Momo steps closer again, for an intimate sniff. Her ears are perky with curiosity, pushing the top of the hood up slightly. Momo is quick, pouncing with feline grace to close the distance. She uses the palms of her hands to stable herself on the male human’s chest as her nose travels from the center of his chest to his armpit then to his neck. He is definitely human, male, and smells like he’s been in the sun a lot. If Nik'olo pulls back or attempts to touch Momo, Momo will become spooked and bounce back to Morrigan.

”Írwen is my precious friend and she saved my life. I would help her through anything.” Momo proclaims loyally, her chest puffs up with bravado. ”Actually, this is good luck… when we are fifteen, we leave to become adults. Maybe I can prove myself to my village by helping this woman.” Momo points to the drawing Nik’olo holds. Momo's hood moves slightly from her ears.

”Ahh… and Morrigan, I know you are of elven blood but maybe you should prove your adulthood too?” Momo knows little of elven customs and assumes other races have similar customs to her own village. Momo’s tail move restlessly under her cloak but the fabric barely moves. Momo anxiously waits for Morrigan's response. Morrigan is the closest thing Momo has to home in a big city like Zobeck.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elven Shadow Witch / 2 HP 13/13 | AC 13 Tch 12 FF 11 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init +2\ Perc +5/7 (Familiar=+10) | S Motive + 7/9 | Stealth

"errr..."

Morrigan looks momentarily nonplussed and taken aback. Prove my adulthood? She of course knew why Momo had left her village, but she would never have guessed that the young catfolk thought that Morrigan was herself a youngster just coming of age. Certainly, Morrigan did not feel young! Or did Momo really just want her company? Yes, that had to be it.

"hmm..."

She also hadn't meant for her heritage to be trumpeted about, but some of the others had guessed at it already, she realized. Her paltry scarf seemed to be a disguise unequal to the task, though that wasn't really a surprise. Besides, with the company she currently found herself in, perhaps hers were not the most attention-grabbing features anyway.

Quickly she studies the others, looks to Momo's anxious and near-quivering form, and then briefly glances off in the direction the raven had flown a few moments earlier. She shakes her head and sighs, almost exasperatedly. She could tell that, between Írwen's involvement and the catfolk woman's desire to prove herself, Momo would very likely go with them to look for this stranger even should Morrigan refuse to join them. Searching for strangers and getting involved with thugs was not at all what the elven woman had in mind for their stay in the city, but she didn't feel right about leaving the inexperienced young villager to fend for herself so soon.

"I think getting involved in something like this is going to cause no end of grief, Momo. The wiser thing by far would be to walk away. Are you certain this is what you wish to do?"


HP 15/15 | AC 14 Tch 12 FF 12 | CMD 13 | Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 2 | Init +2 | Perc +4| Bardic Performances: 14/16| Dancing Lights 2/3| Kitsune Bard (Arcane Healer) 2
Nik'olo Gaczi wrote:
Nik'olo gives Irwen a warm smile and a nod, then turns to the others: "What about you?"

Alfen looks around at the group, and quickly nods. "If you'll still have me, I'm with you. This seems too important to run away from, especially if thugs like that are after this woman. It'd be nice to have more information to go on, but I guess we've got to to work with what we have, right?"

He gives a thin smile. "Besides, if that guy comes back to cause any unpleasantness, I think you'll find my music is good for more than just entertainment."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?
Morrigan wrote:
"errr..."

Momo tilts her head and gives Morrigan a friendly smile. Momo's four pointy canine teeth peep out from her mouth but it's more endearing than scary. Momo is utterly clueless to what Morrigan is thinking.

Morrigan wrote:
"hmm..."

Momo grows worried that she might have said something wrong. Momo stands anxiously, gazing at Morrigan, but Morrigan's next statement distracts Momo from her concern:

Morrigan wrote:
"I think getting involved in something like this is going to cause no end of grief, Momo. The wiser thing by far would be to walk away. Are you certain this is what you wish to do?"

"Err... uhh..." Momo's ears move down then back up. She hadn't considered that it could be dangerous. Momo tilts her head in question and looks at the others for guidance.

Momo then looks down at her boots, furrowing her brow in thought. "I want to prove that I'm an adult now. Capable of taking care of myself and others..." Momo looks up, determination burning in her eyes: "and if Írwen is going, I feel like I need to help her... and I will do my best to protect you too Morrigan!" Momo rubs her cheek against Morrigan's upper left arm, signalling respect and affection.

Alfen Greenraw wrote:
"If you'll still have me, I'm with you. This seems too important to run away from, especially if thugs like that are after this woman. It'd be nice to have more information to go on, but I guess we've got to to work with what we have, right?"

"Are you proving your adulthood too, Alfen? You know... to determine if you're a brave warrior." Momo examines the kitsune, looking him up and down. He's the only kitsune Momo has ever met and she isn't sure if he's an adult or not. Momo doesn't even know where Alfen's home is.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 15/15 | AC 14 Tch 12 FF 12 | CMD 13 | Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 2 | Init +2 | Perc +4| Bardic Performances: 14/16| Dancing Lights 2/3| Kitsune Bard (Arcane Healer) 2
Momo Duline wrote:
"Are you proving your adulthood too, Alfen? You know... to determine if you're a brave warrior." Momo examines the kitsune, looking him up and down. He's the only kitsune Momo has ever met and she isn't sure if he's an adult or not. Momo doesn't even know where Alfen's home is.

No, of course not! is Alfen's initial and befuddled reaction. He's already an adult and has been for some time now. He turns to Momo to tell her this before stopping himself as he fully comprehends the question. Age was just a number after all, had he actually proven himself? What has he done with his adult life, just play music in taverns and inns? And what did he have to show for it? He was supposed to do more with his life than that, he had planned to. But when Georg died, Alfen fell into a slump that he never seemed to be able to get out of.

And now, finally, his chance had come to do more with his life. Now he could, as Momo put it, prove himself. Maybe not as a warrior (Was she trying to prove herself as a warrior? She doesn't seem the type) but just as someone capable of using his talents to help people and change things for the better. Not just playing bawdy music for stingy crowds.

He regards Momo as all of this flashes through his head, and simply smiles and says, "Yeah, I suppose you could say that I am. Though I can't say I'm much of a warrior," he adds, laughing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?
Alfen Greenraw wrote:
"Yeah, I suppose you could say that I am. Though I can't say I'm much of a warrior," he adds, laughing.

Alfen's laugh encourages Momo. Momo enthusiastically grabs one Alfen's hands in her own, smiling back cheerily. "You will be one of the best, I'm sure of it!" Momo rubs her cheek against the back of Alfen's hand, her throat letting out a quiet rumble. "Purr." Her tail is extremely perky, pressing against the back of her cloak.

Momo looks at Morrigan excitedly, still grasping Alfen's hand (unless Alfen pulls away.) Are you seeing this? He's just like me! Momo looks at Morrigan to see if she is indeed seeing this. Momo drops Alfen's hand as quickly as she had grabbed it.

Momo smiles at Írwen, tilting her head and twitching her ears. What's Írwen's decision? Does she want to help the mystery woman? Momo pounces around Írwen and Nik'olo, making a figure eight, stalking the two of them playfully. The idea of adventure excites Momo and she has newfound energy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Írwen nods to Momo as the catfolk quizzically looks at her, then at Nik'olo, and then back at her. He's a friend she implies. If not by familiarity, then by circumstances.

She listens carefully, a bit to the side, as Momo's decision gradually finds resolution and shape, careful not to utter a word as she wants her choice to be hers and hers alone. Eventually, she speaks.

"Then we are decided" she says, smiling subtly yet having an increasingly hard time not to get infected by the playful girl lively attitude. "It is not the decision I would have taken if I were you. But I am not, and we could have asked for no better company than the youngest warrior the catfolk tribe has produced and her elven mentor." There's a maternal hint in Írwen's voice, mixing pride and apprehension the way only a mother could.

"But I want you to promise me" she goes on, kneeling a little so as to put her eyes on the same level as Momo's. "There are people who are worth suffering for, dying for, and I pray one day you'll meet them. But I am not one of them. If something goes wrong, if we're caught, if it's all a ruse... run. Go back to the Margreve and never come back to Zobeck, forget about this night, of me, of Nik'olo, of Alfen. Understood?" She turns to Morrigan, as if to search her support as well as her complicity in making sure no harm will come to Momo tonight.


Female Elven Shadow Witch / 2 HP 13/13 | AC 13 Tch 12 FF 11 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init +2\ Perc +5/7 (Familiar=+10) | S Motive + 7/9 | Stealth
Momo Duline wrote:


Momo then looks down at her boots, furrowing her brow in thought. "I want to prove that I'm an adult now. Capable of taking care of myself and others..." Momo looks up, determination burning in her eyes: "and if Írwen is going, I feel like I need to help her... and I will do my best to protect you too Morrigan!" Momo rubs her cheek against Morrigan's upper left arm, signalling respect and affection.

Morrigan sighs very softly at the touch, but shakes her head when Momo is not looking. It was what she had expected and feared Momo would say.

Írwen wrote:


"But I want you to promise me" she goes on, kneeling a little so as to put her eyes on the same level as Momo's. "There are people who are worth suffering for, dying for, and I pray one day you'll meet them. But I am not one of them. If something goes wrong, if we're caught, if it's all a ruse... run. Go back to the Margreve and never come back to Zobeck, forget about this night, of me, of Nik'olo, of Alfen. Understood?" She turns to Morrigan, as if to search her support as well as her complicity in making sure no harm will come to Momo tonight.

Catching Írwen's eye, Morrigan gives her a look that was at once grateful, approving, and cautiously respectful. The glance also communicating Morrigan's agreement with Írwen's desire to make sure no harm came to the young catfolk girl. Indeed, ensuring Momo's wellbeing was the primary reason Morrigan was even considering getting involved!

"Yes," she mouths the word silently to Írwen, a promise that she would make sure Momo would get away should things go badly. Otherwise though, she yet remains silent, watching to see how the youngster would respond to her friend's words.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?
Allegra Írwen Larentil wrote:
"But I want you to promise me" she goes on, kneeling a little so as to put her eyes on the same level as Momo's. "There are people who are worth suffering for, dying for, and I pray one day you'll meet them. But I am not one of them. If something goes wrong, if we're caught, if it's all a ruse... run. Go back to the Margreve and never come back to Zobeck, forget about this night, of me, of Nik'olo, of Alfen. Understood?" She turns to Morrigan, as if to search her support as well as her complicity in making sure no harm will come to Momo tonight.

But I think you’re worth dying for… Momo looks disappointed, but nods and promises. ”Okay, I promise to run… but only if there’s inescapable danger and I know you all won’t make it.”

Momo knows how determined Írwen can be. Plus, with Morrigan backing Írwen up, Momo knows she has to agree to Írwen’s terms or risk not be allowed on the adventure at all. Momo blushes from having such caring and concerned friends. This is exactly why I need to do this. To prove to everyone I can handle danger.

Momo stares up at Nik’olo. ”May I take another look at that drawing?” Momo spends a couple minutes (Can Momo take 20?) examining the drawing, taking note of the woman’s hair, facial features, and racial traits. Momo also inhales the scent on the paper. Maybe I can track that scary guy if he had the paper in his pocket for a long time.

----------------------

Should we wait for Nik'olo to post?

”How are we supposed to find her? Those humans didn’t give us much instruction.” Momo sniffs the air again for the smell of the cologne at the bar and/or the scent from the drawing. She wishes she had taken the time to smell the human who initially gave Nik’olo the drawing.

Perception (Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 (Nat 20 woohoo!)

Momo smells North, East, South, and West. She moves in the direction which the scent becomes stronger (if there is a scent to follow.)

If there is a scent to follow, Momo alerts her party members: "Guys, I may have found a lead. Hopefully isn't warm sticky buns like last time." Momo rubs her neck, embarrassed about a previous blunder. If there isn't a scent to follow, Momo shakes her head, "Sorry, I can't make out where anyone went."


I can take over piloting Nik'olo for simple things like having him allow you to sniff the paper. We know Nik'olo's attitude for now is to head to the Silk Scabbard.

Momo manages to identify both scents. Grigori went into an alley toward the market district, while the Tiefling went North and West towards upper Zobeck or the docks.

Momo's scent ability might not normally be powerful enough to pick up Grigori's trail from a piece of paper alone but I figure hey, it's a nat 20 right?

DC 20 Survival to track either Grigori or the Tiefling by scent.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Momo is feeling quite ambitious. If allowed to bounce off and lead the group, Momo will direct the adventuring party through a long and comical fast-paced walk (or steady jog for those with shorter legs like Momo) through Zobeck.

”I… the horned one is far away I think. Northwest towards the docks… if we hurry maybe we can catch him!” Momo circles the party like an excited ferret. Pulling enthusiastically on several sleeves and pointing Northwest.

Feel free to attempt to pick Momo up at the waist and carry her off to the Silk Scabbard. (Grapple against Momo’s AC?) If hoisted and carried off, Momo will make a fuss but not do much about it.

Momo starts moving in the direction of the docks, following the horned one’s scent. ”Quick, quick! Before I lose the scent!” Momo bounces up and down on her heels. ”Hurry, hurry!”

Survival (Track Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Momo sniffs this way and that way, trying to maintain the trail. Momo keeps trying to herd her newfound companions in the direction.

Survival (Track Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Momo raises her head to the sky and down to the ground, smelling for the cologne trail. "This way! This way!" Momo looks for Morrigan as she announces her discovery.

Survival (Track Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Momo circles her companions in excitement. "Here! This way! Hurry!" Momo nearly trips a nearby creature with her movement.

Survival (Track Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

”Quick!” Hurry!” There is a sense of urgency in Momo’s voice.

Survival (Track Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"Is this it?" Momo asks the group, although they may know as much about the area as Momo. Momo encroaches into Morrigan's five-foot space, hiding behind her. One of Momo's hands lightly grabs the back of Morrigan's cloak like a tether. "No, no, no. I think it must be further."

Survival (Track Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

”Keep up! Alfen, hurry!” Momo pulls at Alfen’s hand, urging him to move with more haste.

Survival (Track Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

”Here. He must be here if he’s going to be anywhere!” Momo sniffs again, just to be sure.

During Momo's scent tracking, she may have bumped into a few creatures or lost sight of one or more of her companions. After tracking the scent for as long as Momo thinks she can, Momo looks around. Focused on tracking the scent, Momo hasn't bothered to take note of where she is until now.

I'm aware that Momo's searching may be in complete vain and lead her to a perfume shop or the distance is too great. Interested to see how GM and others handle it.


Random Location: 1d10 ⇒ 3

shoot I really need my pdf's handy before I post...


Female Elven Shadow Witch / 2 HP 13/13 | AC 13 Tch 12 FF 11 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init +2\ Perc +5/7 (Familiar=+10) | S Motive + 7/9 | Stealth
DMG wrote:

Taking flight, Fiachra sees that the men scatter in various directions, probably to avoid being followed as part of their training. Down an alley though, the raven sees two more of their number holding Grigori captive, and escorting him away.

Fiachra begins to fly high overhead the two men and their captive, following them until such time as either the raven feels personally endangered, or he feels his link with Morrigan begin to reach its outer limit (1 mile).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 15/15 | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Insp: 1/4 used | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Buffs:

As the group goes on debating maturity and risk-taking, Nik'olo tries, but ultimately fails to roll his eyes all the way inside his skull.

He is about to interrupt with some Septime wisdom about purposeful death in battle when Momo asks for the paper. He mumbles as he hands the paper, watching with curiosity as she smells the old wrinkled thing.

He turns to Irwen, his face begging for a quick death instead of all this, but then the young one darts through the crowd. Despite firmly believing tracking by scent from an old piece of paper in a city filled with, well, stinks, he nevertheless fimds himself scrambling after her, his rapier rattling and his large hat threatening to take off from his head.

"But... But!"


HP 15/15 | AC 14 Tch 12 FF 12 | CMD 13 | Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 2 | Init +2 | Perc +4| Bardic Performances: 14/16| Dancing Lights 2/3| Kitsune Bard (Arcane Healer) 2
Momo Duline wrote:
Alfen's laugh encourages Momo. Momo enthusiastically grabs one Alfen's hands in her own, smiling back cheerily. "You will be one of the best, I'm sure of it!" Momo rubs her cheek against the back of Alfen's hand, her throat letting out a quiet rumble. "Purr." Her tail is extremely perky, pressing against the back of her cloak.

Alfen smiles nervously, resisting the urge to pull his hand away. Irwen had said this was normal behavior among catfolk. Who knows, maybe it was normal behavior among kitsune? Alfen had never known his parents or any others of his race; he had spent his entire life among humans and elves and the like in Zobeck.

Momo Duline wrote:
”I… the horned one is far away I think. Northwest towards the docks… if we hurry maybe we can catch him!” Momo circles the party like an excited ferret. Pulling enthusiastically on several sleeves and pointing Northwest.

Alfen is shaken out of this thought as Momo unexpectedly takes off. Where is she going!? He struggles to keep up with her as she bounds through the streets.


Morrigan. wrote:
DMG wrote:

Taking flight, Fiachra sees that the men scatter in various directions, probably to avoid being followed as part of their training. Down an alley though, the raven sees two more of their number holding Grigori captive, and escorting him away.

Fiachra begins to fly high overhead the two men and their captive, following them until such time as either the raven feels personally endangered, or he feels his link with Morrigan begin to reach its outer limit (1 mile).

Fiachra follows as the men lead Grigori in a winding path in a South-Easterly direction, towards the river. They stick mostly to alleys when possible, but when they need to cross a street here and there, people on the street mind their business and don't interfere. Despite being in plain clothes, the men have an air of authority about them, certainly enhanced by the silver tipped ebony batons that swing at their sides.

Grigori walks with a limp, and his hands are secured behind his back with bracelets.

Fiachra has no trouble staying in view without drawing attention to himself. After several blocks, they enter a wide, two story guild house with a sign depicting a scroll case. The first floor windows are wide and plentiful, but notably they are opaque from the outside... tinted in such a way that no view can be gained of the interior rooms.

This building is number 35 on the map of Zobeck

Meanwhile, the new found companions are chasing after Momo as she dashes off in the opposite direction, North-West after the mysterious tiefling man. Momo's previous efforts at discretion prove wildly unsuccessful as she bursts into Crown Square, sniffing frantically in every direction. The square is ringed with tall brightly painted homes of the obviously wealthy. Lodged in the City Archives building, the Old Stross Clock (25) looks out over the square from it's western edge.

On the North side sit the Civic Courthouse and the Council Hall. It is obvious that this square is a seat of governmental power and wealth in Zobeck. Busy by day, the square is relatively quiet this evening, crossed by pedestrians coming and going between the Temple District and Upper Zobeck for worship.

Amazingly, Momo picks up the scent of the tiefling. He did indeed come this way. The trail takes her on a road north toward a bridge over the River Derry, a tributary of the Argent. On the way she passes a jailhouse. The sign reads "Redrock Baily"(29). A whistling constable crosses the street to enter the bailey as Momo passes. He wears a uniform, unlike the men who stopped Nik'olo outside the tavern, and he does not carry a silver tipped baton.


After the Redrock Bailey, the trail continues over the bridge and past Upper Zobeck, passing the Citadel District on the left and the College District on the right on it's way towards the docks. After passing another small square the tiefling's trail cuts off into an area populated with warehouses. The residences on these streets have shuttered windows, and hardly anyone is walking about. The few who are, are drunk and boisterous, or shady and quick moving. There is no sign of any watchmen around.

The trail doesn't stop there but I'll pause to let people post.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Momo is engrossed in her tracking and doesn't pay much attention to her surroundings. She scurries down the road, face turning in all sorts of directions, trying to hold onto the trail. Momo's hood is steadily being pulled downwards from her movement but only a little of her left ear is showing.

Momo Duline wrote:
"This way! This way!" Momo looks for Morrigan as she announces her discovery.

Momo is unable to stand still due to her excitement and continuously moves towards the scent, paying no heed to her companions' words.


HP 15/15 | AC 15 Tch 12 FF 13 | Fort +1 Ref +5 Will +2 | Insp: 1/4 used | Init +2 | Perc +10 | Buffs:

Nik'olo rushes after Momo, eventually picking up her pace. He stays behind, not sure what to make of the insight or of the target of her mad dash across the city.

Well, she seems to know what she is doing, which is more than I can say of my own affairs... Plus, this might be a better deal than what that damned rascal Grigori dropped on my lap! he thinks to himself, thanking the muses and the fates just in case.


HP 15/15 | AC 14 Tch 12 FF 12 | CMD 13 | Fort 1 Ref 6 Will 2 | Init +2 | Perc +4| Bardic Performances: 14/16| Dancing Lights 2/3| Kitsune Bard (Arcane Healer) 2

Alfen begins to pick up the pace as they zig and zag through the sparse streets of Upper Zobeck. A strange feeling of exhilaration rushes through him as they move faster through town. Memories of running through these very streets after stealing food or something valuable from one person or another begin flooding his mind.

It's been a long time since I did anything like this, he muses as they run past the official government buildings. It's amazing how it all comes back to you in an instant! Wait, is that an officer they just ran by?

"Sorry!" he shouts out to the constable as they run past him, suddenly aware of how suspicious their group must look to any of the few people they've been passing on the street. Hopefully the constable didn't think so and wouldn't try to chase after them. Thankfully, he didn't seem like the types that had threatened them earlier.


The constable turns and gives the group a once over, before nodding as if to say, there's no law against running in the streets.

Seeing an ordinary lawman drives home the point that the men who tried to draw you into an alley, and who dragged Grigori off, were something else altogether.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Wisdom: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Momo stops briefly to look over the constable. "He looks different from the other ones holding the silver batons." Momo's ears twitch from under her hood. Momo glances back at Nik'olo, Írwen, and Alfen - locals of Zobeck. Do they find any of this interesting?

"Quick! Let's keep looking for the horned one! I have so many questions!" Momo bounds off again, nose in the air, sniffing. Someone's eating smoked boar. Smells yummy. No, no. Focus Momo.


The trail leads into an increasingly bad part of town, as it heads towards the docks. Dilapidated warehouses sag, addicts and gamblers flit through the shadows, eyes down, moving hastily to their destinations. There aren't even any beggars around anymore.

One thing is for sure, this isn't the way to the Silk Scabbard. Nik'olo and Irwen's idea that the horned man was heading there ahead of them must have been false. The Silk Scabbard is in Upper Zobeck, the nice part of town. The seedy area of the docks district where Momo has traced the tiefling is something else altogether. This must be the Gullet, one of the worst neighborhoods in Zobeck.

The trail ends at another tavern. Sounds of merriment waft up from below the street. Two humanoid bouncers stand at the top of a stairwell leading down into the tavern. Hulking over 6 feet tall even hunched over, they have goblinoid features and shaggy fur.

One bouncer is showing the other a cruel looking knife, demonstrating that it is sharp enough to shave with. They have not noticed your approach. The sign over the stairs says "The Broken Seal".


Female Elven Shadow Witch / 2 HP 13/13 | AC 13 Tch 12 FF 11 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init +2\ Perc +5/7 (Familiar=+10) | S Motive + 7/9 | Stealth

Morrigan ignored the constable, who seemed only interested in the group because they had stopped him. She hurries along after Momo, woolen skirt lifted slightly out of the way as she trots.

Her frown deepens when the neighborhoods get progressively less and less... pleasant. Her eyes shift constantly as they pass the various denizens of the area.

"Umm... Where are we exactly? And is this Broken Seal really where we want to be?" Morrigan asks softly as she surveys the new surroundings and eyes that dagger from afar.

Elsewhere, Fiachra circles the building a few times. If nothing further seems to be happening there, he perches on the window sill and tries to peek in / listen. He will fly off if he seems to be noticed and will return to Morrigan.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?
Morrigan wrote:
"Umm... Where are we exactly? And is this Broken Seal really where we want to be?

Momo whispers back: "We've already come this far. Wouldn't it be a waste to turn back now?"

Being chaotic neutral, Momo impulsively decides to act. Momo checks her hood before approaching the two humaniod bouncers with goblinoid features and shaggy fur. Momo stands at her full 4'6" height and says in the gruffest voice she can muster: "My companions and I are in need of a good drink." She cranes her neck upwards to look at the bouncers, unblinking, with her green cat eyes. Her heart pounds with excitement. What are they? Definitely not catfolk or kitsune. Momo's nostrils flare once, taking in an initial sniff. (Not rolling because Momo doesn't want to seem obvious. Does Momo sense with a 10 Perception Scent that the bouncers smell similar to the werewolf that terrorized her village 3 years prior? If the bouncers smell like a known foe to catfolk, Momo will tense.)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Momo continues gruffly, "Maybe you can help me and my friends out. This city isn't always kind to creatures like us." Momo jabs a thumb behind herself, hoping that it's in the general direction of either Alfen or Morrigan. My throat is starting to hurt from talking like this. After speaking, Momo realizes she really is thirsty after scurrying across town. I wonder if the horned one is inside.


The two bouncers speak to each other in a strange guttural tongue. One points to Momo, the other to Alfen. After a moment they both throw back their heads, roaring with laughter. Yellow saliva drips from their fangs, their ears flopping about as they pant and wheeze.

With a broad terrible grin the one with the knife speaks to Momo in the trade tongue. "The city not kind because the city afraid! You are werecat! And he a were fox. A couple of Lycans. We aren't afraid! You drink here."

The two part, leaving the way downstairs unblocked. Looking the group over again, the second bouncer says as an afterthought, "No spell cast inside."

Monster ID:

Knowledge Local DC 12:
These are bugbears. They are larger cousins of goblins and hobgoblins, known for extreme cruelty.

_________

Back at the guild house, Fiachra the raven can't see Grigori or his captors inside from his perch. The first floor has strange opaque tinted windows. The second floor has normal windows, and fiachra sees all manner of drafting tables, canvas and parchments, ink quills and other drafting and writing supplies.

Crown Square and Redrock Baily are within a mile of Fiachra, but the Gullet section of the Docks District is just outside a mile, so by the time Morrigan reaches the Broken Seal, Fiachra will be on his way back.


~~~~~~~RETIRED~~~~~~~ Chaotic Neutral Catfolk Ranger/?

Momo isn't sure what kind of creatures the bouncers are but they seem friendly enough to Momo!

Werecat? Momo doesn't like that term but she nods and smiles, showing her four pointed canine teeth. She's unsure why they laughed but is willing to go along with it. Momo nods and agrees in a gruff tone "no spells." Momo hopes she sounds tough. Momo thinks it's best to hurry inside to avoid more conversation with the two bouncers. She thinks they look intimidating but finds herself fascinated by such big furry creatures. It takes a lot of willpower to resist giving them a close sniff but seeing their large fangs is enough to deter Momo.

Momo looks back at her companions with a determined expression before walking down the steps and into the Broken Seal. Time to be brave - like the bravest catfolk that ever lived! Momo's ears and tail are stiff underneath her cloak. The first thing Momo does is look around for the horned one or any kobolds. Then, Momo sniffs the air, hoping it doesn't smell like goblin farts. Momo has a great sense of smell, but it makes unpleasant scents all the more pungent. Momo also hopes that it's not too dark inside because Momo can't see in the dark.

Perception (Visual): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 (Scoping out the room)

Perception (Scent): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (Cologne)

Is everyone coming inside with Momo?

51 to 100 of 377 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Courts of the Shadow Fey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.