Call of the Abyss (Inactive)

Game Master Patrick Bailey

Loneliness... It's only companion... a slow degradation of sanity. In the dark of space there lies an endless sea of possibilities, both wonderful and insidious...


551 to 600 of 697 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

So, which direction are you trying to go? You could take the left path, the right path, go in the maintenance hatch and head back down, or go into the maintenance shaft and head further in to the confines of the ship. Or you could just wait and see what happens...


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

"Well Hexqin it seems the thing that playing with us, is now wanting me to take a lift. We it can go f**k itself"

She says. Then Jumping into the drive seat she looks for somewhere to wedge the ATV into-under, so it will hold in place if the air gets sucked out.


Human

Xander frowned, eyeing each path, before signalling down the left path. "Come on. Let's keep moving. We will see how we fare this way. Hopefully we find supply rooms and can get you healed up and armed better!"


Male Human Rogue/ 3

That would be excellent.

Nexus clicked on the mike Hey, I'll let you guys know where we are at or going as soon as we see some sort of a guide. Is there anything in the hallways to tell us where we are going? Land markers or station consoles or a mall style map or something?

Jesus. First World Problems come to life until you find a 3 hole outlet lolol laptop is back baby!


Male Human Rogue/3

"There are signs with arrows."


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Alright we are in the hallway GM!

Wow... Signs with arrows. You know you'd think there'd be something much... muchier on a space ship. No matter, alright.


Calista got into the drivers seat, ignoring the warning the automated voice was giving.

The ATV control panel was a fairly simple device, but given how divided everything was, she could tell the machine was clearly meant to be manned by several people at once. She found the activation switch, a simple red button under a glass case that was unlocked by turning a flanking pair of switches nearby clockwise and counter clockwise at the same time.

The glass case popped open, and the ATV engine fired up at the press of the red button. Lights came on all over the inside of the vehicle and she had a fair grasp of how to move it from the manuals she'd glossed over.

She shifted the vehicle into gear and got it moving. The hangar was large and full of various debris and other mechanical devices. Very little seemed to be locked down.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

She searched around the room looking for somewhere appropriate to secure the ATV in... and couldn't find one!

The she noticed the sound of automated woman's voice.

"Begin operation." There was a heavy mechanical sound as the primary bay doors opened and then she began to notice smaller items around her being pulled by the vacuum of space.


The radios crackled to life for everyone.

Everyone but Calista:
None of you recognize the voice.

Calista:
It is the same voice as the Doctor figure you saw.

"Ha ha ha ha! Oh my, my, Doctor. I don't know whether I'm more pleased or disappointed with your choice. I was so sure you would have left the hangar, but it seems you've chosen death by suffocation as your exit. Ah well, I suppose you can't have everything go according to plan. Enjoy looking at your grave."


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Nexus turned to Xander

You recognize that voice? S+%+. This is exactly why I should have kept speaking in code over the mike. This does not feel right, Xander.

Has someone been listening to us this entire time? They sound sane. They sound logical. But it also sounds like they just executed someone. Are they the cause for everything going on on this ship?


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

Clicks on the radio, then in a slightly disappointed voice says.

While slipping on a space suit, she did say she was placing the stuff in the ATV

"O dear, did no one ever tell you, you never start with your final sanction. You've got nowhere to go but backwards. But that foolish move tells me a lot about you, you made the lift goods come down and now your powering open the Air lock doors, that means you have some control over ships systems, then seeing me here, that's psionics, I know because I can feel you all around. So you grab a puppet body and use it. Like the one with no eyes. You also have intelligence but not that much experience, because you have means and method, but your not that good at this. You also have intent, a need and a goal, fear, harm and death, your actions show that. Your also not just doing this to me, I have seen others. You have told me so much about yourself, I can't wait to meet you, see you soon."

She flicks off the radio, then go's to the ATV turret gun and points it at the Blast/air lock door motors/power cables. She then shoots them out.
Single shots.


The radio crackles to life once again. A calm, but slightly disappointed female voice responds to the manic, laughing voice.

"O dear, did no one ever tell you, you never start with your final sanction. You've got nowhere to go but backwards."


Calista:
As you blast off the side rotors on the bay doors you manage to keep them from opening completely. You were quick enough that even though there is still air escaping, the ATV will not be sucked out into space.

You can also now traverse the outside of the ship, if you would like.

The suit you are wearing is fully functional and ready to go. There are a number of useful things about it you are able to figure out fairly quickly:

-The bulky suit is somewhat plated against hazardous environments. It counts as medium armor, giving you a +5 Ac, a -3 Acp, and reduces your base speed to 20 ft. It also protects against vacuum environments.

-Your air supply is good for 6 hours.

-You have enough Jet pack fuel for 10 minutes of flying. Usable in 30 second increments. Giving you a poor fly speed of 30 feet.

-The suits are also equipped with gravity boots. Usable for 2 hours before needing to be recharged.

-It is also equipped with a homing beacon. Currently deactivated.


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

Tooks into her suit the gun, and zips up, then with Hexqin on the outside, heads outside the ship.


Nexus and Xander turned away from the incoming steam cloud and went to the left door, ignoring the right path and the maintenance hatch Xander had come out of.

Xander swiped his card into the door reader and it opened to allow them to escape. They entered now into another small hallway shaped like a backwards L. The lights flickered here and revealed a horrific scene before them.

Dried blood smears on the walls and floor lay in both directions.

There were again many choices they had in front of them. Straight ahead there was a small door on both the right and left, and at the end of the hall there was a double set door.

To their right, there were two small doors that went off to the left and a larger door at the end of the hall. Large coagulated puddles of blood seemed to have been dragged into the first room off to their left.

Xander Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Nexus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Xander noticed that underneath the blood on the walls, were small gouges as if something like a razor blade had cut into the metal.


Human

He crouched by one of the blood smears on the wall, frowning. He flaked off some of the dried blood and pointed at the marks underneath. "Cut marks. This is solid metal. Whatever cut this could part our heads from our necks in seconds." He shook his head before standing.

"That puts the last nail in that coffin. We are not going towards the Helm without being better armed and healthier. They are listening and they know our plans. Lets take one of the smaller doors will we?" Xander moved towards the right hand door, before pushing it open slowly.


Calista moved her way through the floating debris to the outside of the ship. Behind her flashing yellow lights continued to flare, adding some light to the darkness as she ascended.

Then she was out of the ship. The first thing she noticed, couldn't help but notice was the strange planet their ship seemed to have come across. It... called to her somehow. The large green planet was somehow menacing, and eternal within it's size. It was so much larger than the earth, larger than anything she could have imagined. As she stared at it, she tried to gain a grasp of it and somehow her mind could only feel get lost within the it's confines.

Somehow she could sense it, that same strange, horrifying presence she had felt earlier. Eyes, so many eyes, all searching, looking around in all directions, searching for her. Then one of them did. It stared, looking up directly at her... her mind recoiled.

Then she felt it, it's pull, it wasn't just trying to pull at her and the ship and everything else around her, it was trying to pull at her consciousness. It was calling to her, if anything else could ever have been been an unnerving presence this was it. This was the Abyss.

Make a Will save, Calista. Due to your psionic focus and your Focused mind ability, you get a +3 on your save.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Xander- this looks like what you described before you went silent over the radio for some time. I've got a blow torch, you've got your guns, but I'm not as strong as I started out when I woke in the cryo pods. What do you think?

Blood smears. We could attack it now and kill it, getting it out of the way. We could attempt to avoid it, but then it could just track behind us. We could also turn back, but then we'd have to go through the steam, and once again whatever did this in here could still track us while we run into yet another thing. And no directional arrows towards anything. This must just be an entry hallway into something, then. Or a sublet from somewhere else. Maybe a central hub of the ship?

Nexus was unsure of what to do next- the blood was dried so the being could be far away. Or it could be resting.

Nexus will continue to follow Xander's lead. LOL we posted almost the same time looks like


Male Human Rogue/ 3

I also think...

Nexus didn't like it, but he'd been thinking it for a while, really since he first got the mike.

I think we should cease all mike communications. Until we are either healed or better armed. I'm not sure what access that voice over the mike has, but if its killing people and manipulating operations on the ship then we definitely should give as little information freely as possible.


Human

"I like your idea, but lets see what is in the small rooms before we attack. There are shotguns on this ship, I have the shells to prove it. If I can get you one of those we will be better for it!"

"Aye, lets not broadcast again, but lets leave them on, turned down low so they don't broadcast too far but that we can still hear it."


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Nexus wanted Xander the most simply because he had guns.

Now he was glad he had another non-psychotic rationale human being to help him make his quick assessments of the situations. Xander appeared like minded, and more capable in fighting.

Things were just about looking up.

I agree. Which of the doors has the most amount of blood, aside from the pools? After all, I think you can confirm, a beast doesn't sleep where it eats. They keep their kill separate from their home. That is, unless it is still eating.


Human

Xander pointed with the revolver, down towards the second set of double doors. "I would reckon if it went anywhere, it went towards the larger doors. They seem to be a bit bigger than us so I imagine he would want more space." He shrugged, frowning. "I can't be sure but that would be my bet!"


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

Will Save 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 3 = 25

For a moment she pulls back but then she finds her center and looks back at the vast green planet.

So there you are, a vast hive mind looking up at the starts. Not supernatural at all, just a world with inelegances on it that used there minds as we do.

The thought made her feel better, no ghosts here, just aliens.

Well then are you acting from malice or fear, are your actions hunger or repulsion

She held there, just looking at the wonder of it, she had no idea what to do next.

::"Well Hexqin, are you seeing what I am seeing? If so that is something you don'e see every day"::


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Nexus gave a nod to Xander

F%~$ it- first door on the right? We can go in tac style so both our weapons can fire if it happens to be in there.

Nexus pointed in the direction of the first smaller door on the right, bracing himself as they moved down the hall.


Human

"If it comes to it, get behind me and run. Back to the access panel in the other room. I'll be right behind you!"


Male Human Rogue/3

Marco wondering how the boys were doing spoke in to the radio. "How are you guys? Still alive I hope and en route."


The two enter into a room that reeked of so much death that it was almost like getting hit with a heat wave.

Fort Save, the both of you.

Inside there was what appeared to be a command room. A large table sat at the center with chairs strewn all around it. Piles of torn up bodies, trash, meat and other items were piled all around. A partly smashed screen took up the back half of the room displayed a hazy white static, and a slow, loud resounding intake of breath started to fill the air as the pile of bodies began to shift and slough around... something in the middle of the room. A pair of tentacles slowly reached out from the middle and then something even more horrifying happened.

Some of the bodies began to moan and even reach towards the two of them.

Will save, and initiative

???'s Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Human

Initiative-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Fort Save-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Will Save-1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Welp...

Xanders eyes glaze over and he begins to hyperventilate, just a little.


As Calista continued to stare at the planet she began to take not of her other surroundings. She realized that the ship she was on was inside of a ship graveyard. All around her she could see dozens of other ships. Many looked like they were starting to break up and their pieces were scattering all over.

She even caught notice of at least one piece of a ship that had crashed into the one she was on.

Go ahead and give me a perception roll, Calista.


Well the good news is Xander, you aren't nauseated. Only sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 round(s). Bad news is you are not ahead of it however, and frightened, not panicked, fortunately, for 1d4 ⇒ 4 round(s). And you want to run away very badly.


Human

Even without the Will Save that was true. Haha


It's mostly that your instincts overpower your common sense and you just bolt without any regard for a defensive retreat or Nexus's well being.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Nexus retches and gags at the smell of the room.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Flee, flee! We can go back to the showers and try to take cover in the steam like its fog! Come on Xander!

Nexus realizes that they will not be able to have any sort of tactical advantage staying in the room, and that the fight is going to create a LOT of noise. Also-

Careful Combatant engaged as a free action before anything else is done *a retreat of 10 feet*

Nexus is not going to leave Xander unless a failed will save entices him to do so- he knows that they need to stick together at all costs

If my blow torch that the kind gentleman just recently gave me has any range, I will attack with that. I do not remember its attack stats, though :P


Round 1:
Unfortunately, you also fail the Will save and are frightened for 1d4 ⇒ 3. But you made the Fort save and are only sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds, and won initiative.

Nexus jumped back and away from the strange new creature as he saw it rising, but when he saw the human figures and heard them begin to scream he found himself unable to stop moving, even breaking into a full run around the corner to get as far and as fast away from the thing as possible.

His mind overridden by a primal instinct to survive he bypassed the way to the showers altogether and he ran to the double set doors at the end of the hall and began desperately trying to open the door.

Xander however was not so fortunate, before he could turn to get any real momentum going the strange creature also seemed to leap into motion. It's tentacle appendages swinging wildly at Xander.

Tentacle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Fumble!
Fumble confirmation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Just a miss

Then Xander was running, following behind Nexus as he too got to the door.

Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Ooh, hit! Fortunately no grab attempt on an Attack of opportunity.
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Human

Frightened allows us control of our direction, Panicked is the status that makes it random and uncontrolled, so can I change that to towards the access panel, and back towards the place I know is safe? If not, cool, I was just wondering.

Fear Counter-3


Round 2:

Nexus fumbled at the door as Xander ran up behind him. He pulled out the security card and swiped it. The door opened to allow them passage into another hallway.

Behind them, the horrible creature and all of its attached human parts rounded the corner coming after them. Fortunately, it didn't seem to be as fast as they were.

Xander bolted through the door almost knocking Nexus over as he tore down the hallway, slowing only to make his turn. Nexus was slowed but thankfully retained enough of himself as he picked the pace back up to look back. The creature hadn't quite caught up to the door as it closed shut automatically behind them. He also noticed a sign to his right.

<-- Helm


Human

Fear Counter-2

'OH S&!+ OH S@%$ I'M GOING TO F$%@ING DIE!'


Marco waited for a little while, hoping for some kind of response on the radio. Nothing came immediately, he wasn't exactly sure whether to be worried or not.

Putting it out of his mind he went back to working on the panel when both he and Clara heard the thundering sounds of running footsteps charging through the hallway.

Both readied themselves for the coming attack and then they saw a man, bolting through the hallway at near panic speeds. Behind him they heard someone else running through the hallway.


Human

Fear Counter-1?

"GET-THE-F%&%-OUT-OF-MY-WAY-OR-ILL-SHOOT-YOU-BOTH-IN-THE-F@~~ING-FACE" He screamed as he barreled down the hallway.


Male Human Rogue/3

Marco recognized the yelling mans voice to be Xanders. Marco lifted off his mask then put up a hand and said in a calm yet firm way "Xander. It's me Marco. you need to slow down. This door is locked and until I can fix the panel it will remain that way. Now calm down and help me fix it. If we can get in here maybe I can get us to safety."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Investigator-Sleuth 3

Clara was a bit taken aback by the fierce absurd man running down the hallway at her and Marco. She had to fight the corners of her mouth turning into a smile at the complete ridiculousness of everything happening. It helped that she was pretty sure he was serious. If Marcos words didn't calm him down, maybe her crescent wrench would.


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

perseption take 10+4 14


Calista took her time examining her surroundings. There was a surprising amount of ships that seemed to have been of older make and even a few newer models.

One ship in particular caught her eye, it was fairly distant but appeared to be more recent. It was a much smaller fighter class, a scout ship maybe? Probably not meant to hold more than 10 to 15 people. It still obviously had power.

Searching around her own ship, she found the name of the ship painted onto the side; Javelin

There was also 3 areas where various debris and other parts of ships had punctured in.

One in the 3rd deck, one near the 4th deck, and one more near the top of the ship on the 1st deck.

You can head to the ships helm if you like as well.


Aw geez, you're totally right Xander. I got confused with Frightened and Panicked. I just thought Panicked meant you couldn't use special abilities and dropped the gear you were holding at the time. Sorry, I just kind of kept of posting and then had to deal with some stuff.

Xander ignored the other two despite their calming words and kept moving past Marco and Clara, heading for the door. But as he got there his worst fears were realized. The door console was still damaged and wouldn't respond. He jogged the remaining 10 feet of the hallway into the corner and began to cower. You'll only cower for a round though, so don't worry.

A moment later, Nexus also came running around the corner, but he came back to himself after seeing two other people standing at the door and Xander moving into the corner and slumping down.


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

If she can get to the other powered on scout ship with the air and power she has she will.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Ah- you said you're Marco? And this is.... er... Clara? Whatever, not important. Soooo, are we SURE those doors only open with a security pass guys?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human

Xander stands up slowly and brushes himself off, stowing his revolver and sighing, running a hand through his hair. "F%$% that thing..."


Male Human Rogue/3

"We will see. For now help me repair this thing."


Male Human Rogue/ 3

What's the panel for?

Knowledge Engineering (NO POINTS): 1d20 ⇒ 5
Straight up f#*&ing wow lolol

Perception for Traps and Surroundings: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 + 1 = 19


Unable to help with the repairs of the control panel, Nexus carefully examines their surroundings.

The hallway itself is not very well lit. The only exits appear to be the one's heading to the helm itself, the elevator, and the way Nexus and Xander came from.

The only obvious sign of people coming through are the remainder of blood streaks from Xander and Nexus running through the coagulated blood pools.

There is no sign of fighting or anyone getting killed in the hallway, and the only sign that anything was amiss before hand was the obvious destruction of the control panel.

Okay folks. This is perhaps your last free chance to do things like get healed up. Marco will have the door opened up in another 20 minutes or there about.
Normally it says using a Healers kit to treat deadly wounds would take about an hour of time, but I'm knocking it down to about 10 minutes given the advances in medicine.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

First off, NOT f$+~ing cool with that video lmfaoooooooo, and second

Nexus slunk against the wall near Clara and the control panel, the pain of his being suffocated underwater panging through his lungs as a gentle reminder that the one he initially left the safety of the shower rooms for was now next to him.

Clara... your aid kit- do you think you could patch me up a little bit here? Between the suffocating and the running away from whatever the f*#! that was behind the helm door, I'm in some serious need of a little medical attention.

Still not cool with the dimly lit hall lol you bastard

551 to 600 of 697 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call of the Abyss All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.