Call of the Abyss (Inactive)

Game Master Patrick Bailey

Loneliness... It's only companion... a slow degradation of sanity. In the dark of space there lies an endless sea of possibilities, both wonderful and insidious...


1 to 50 of 697 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

"Who are they?
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
"Why are they here?"
"Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it."
"Why... oh why didn't they just stay asleep?"
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;"


In the depths of space, distant satellite scanners have detected a strange anomaly that has occurred. A vast number of ghost distress beacons have been detected nearly all at once.

The United Space Federation, after triangulating the co-ordinance has found there to be... nothing recorded in any of the star charts. After utilizing the satellites as relay points, they tried sending several messages. As the weeks went by, they noted that the number of distress beacons lessened.

Disturbed about what this could mean, and why so many had been initially been found all at once, the United Space Federation has contracted you to investigate. Aboard the military ship known as the Javelin, you all headed out deep into space.

Given the unknown status of what to expect, the normal crew of 180 was supplemented by 60 additional personnel of Medical, engineering, and other supplementary backgrounds.
The journey to the location was expected to be almost a month, long enough to warrant cryogenic sleep.
The crew were scheduled to cycle out every 8 days.

It is now day 17 of cryo sleep.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

“Hmmm…. Where am I? An assessment should be made. Let's see what we have here...”

Nexus didn't quite remember how he was on the ship, but had learned about them a little bit in his years at the University. They were capable of brilliant, wonderful things, and that was probably why he had ventured into Whatever the hell this is. Let's see, there should be a few things around here to get me more familiar with the craft.

Nexus laughed as he stared into the sleeping chambers from inside his sleep pod. Up, Parascope! Hahaha oh, if only someone were able to hear me. His mind quickly turned from joker to tactician as he stared from inside his pod all around the room, looking for just the right blinking lights as indicators for his next step.

1d20 + 4 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 9 + 1 = 29 I assume the regular perception applies to everything where as the +4 only applies to me being in search of devices, traps, and other helpful switches in the room, along with the +1

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Performance Nexus is singing "Ain't no Mountain High Enough" as he attempts to open the sleeping pod as he wakens from cryo sleep.


Everyone please make fortitude saves.

Nexus blearily looked around the craft from inside his pod. It was dark in the room save for the red glow of lights from somewhere off to the right and left of the chamber. He could see across from him was another sleeping pod. It's dark interior appeared to be empty.

Despite his joking nature and singing, it quickly dawned on him that something wasn't right. As he had started to sing he noted his breath became visible in the dim red glow. Where there should have been normal lighting there was none.

Nexus noted how hard it was hard to move. His body was numb. He found what he had thought was the emergency open switch and hit it. It was dead.


Male Human Rogue/3

Marco Wakes up feeling groggy and disoriented. Where am I?" He thought as his eyes slowly focused. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Fortitude save.


A spark from a damaged terminal jumped into the air, briefly lighting up the room Marco could see. Dark shadows played across the glass lining of the cryo pod he was in, but a sudden headache was pounding against his skull. It was too much work to make sense of anything he was seeing. Clearly his body did not agree with the extended state of cryo sleep.


Human

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Xander blinked long and slow, frowning out in to the room beyond. He took a moment to orientate himself before he began to struggle, trying to force himself to move, to find the release and make his way from the pod.

Fort Save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

He began to slowly manipulate the feeling back in to his extremities, working from the feet up, as he studied the inside of the pod.

Don't know if this will help but... Knowledge Engineering cHeck-1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Fortitude Save

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Oh dear, it is broken, eh? I'm assuming the power reserves have then been switched on. Nexus quickly calculated this in his head.

Let's see- wasn't this planned to be a full month's voyage? No way they shut the power off this early- unless the Captain has suddenly become more cautious then I remember.... Which is likely, as I do not remember who the captain was.

Nexus looked over the empty sleeping pod Hmmm.... there wouldn't be pirates, would there? Best I keep quiet- my breath is showing, wait, my BREATH IS SHOWING!

Nexus now muttered outloud S%##. S&+$ s+&~ s$%$.

Nexus now felt somewhat ill and helpless- he had never felt like this before. Well, not since he was a child. Then again, Nexus did not usually offer himself for some sort of voyage on a ship- and when he did, he definitely remembered how it went. And he did not remember the important blocks he normally would to fully assess a situation. Very well, let me attempt this, then.

Escape Artist/Trying to escape the pod using more manual means
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Xander glanced out his window and for a moment things didn't make any sense. The blood red glow gave everything a dark and menacing look as objects slowly drifted around the room; shards of glass, a myriad of small tools, a canister of some kind, and a pool of some kind of mercurial substance all defied the laws of gravity.

He began to move himself in his chamber. It was cold, and he was stiff but he instinctually spent a few minutes warming his body back into full blood circulation, while examining the inside of the pod he was in. Fortunately, it seemed the pod he was in still had power as he noted the small box with two buttons lit up.

Meanwhile...

Nexus tried escaping from his pod. He eventually realized that it was starting to get colder in the pod but he held off from going numb.

Go ahead and give me 6 strength checks to break out of the pod.


Human

Blinking slowly, forcing his body back in to full wakefulness, he took another moment to stare out in to the room before him, before he hit the button to open his pod.

Perception-1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

'I need warmer clothes and to get to a gun. I don't like this at all. If I'm alone then something is gone really wrong. If not... Who says I can trust anyone who is left? Damn it I should have just stayed home!'


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Hmmm.... Nexus began to hum "Stayin' Alive" as he realized he was going to have to risk it all and do something loud. Nothing better to do, when one realizes they have no other choice, than to act on said choice. Hopefully it isn't space pirates causing this trouble. Nexus ignored the implication that the only other option was incompetency on their Captain, which he decided was worse than space pirates, and then hoped for space pirates Let's just hope they don't hear THIS, then.

Ha: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Ha: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Ha: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Ha: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Stayin' Alive: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Stayin' Alive: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Song Quality/Performance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Then again, if I die, well, at least I was happy. Music does increase the brain's cognitive features after all. I should have hit it in JUST the right spot to make it give way, let's see here.

Dice rolls are for strength check on first six, singing quality for the last one. I love his hobby hahaha... I hope "other" things do to O.O


Male Human Rogue/3

Marco rubs his temple as he closes his eyes fighting the pain in his head trying to recall what happened. when the pain lightens he looks out the pod at his surroundings. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24perception. Whatever was going on Marco was not having it and with that attempts to get out of the cryogenic pod. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29escape.


Xander pressed the switch on the side of his pod and was surprised when there was a loud hissing noise. As his pod door opened the feeling of pressure gave way and the inside began to depressurize. Xander felt himself begin to float in the air.

He began to float out into the room beyond, it was larger than he had expected. Looking around he saw a full row of 8 pods on pods on his right side showed the blinking green glow of power, but were empty in the dim lighting. On his left looked like a series of lockers all but 3 were open. Their contents floating about the room. Most seemed to be clothing of various kinds. There was also what appeared to be a small tool kit a myriad of small tools floating about, several pools of glowing red liquid, a pair of water bottles, a crowbar and what could only be described as some kind of cutting torch.

Let me know what you're doing and Give me a fly check, a swim check, or just a straight Dexterity check if you don't have it.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

As the pod door opened Nexus sighed with relief, and then another heavy with stress Now to find the space pirates. Or Captain. Or.... Power supply. Yes! It helped when Nexus spoke to himself outloud, it was almost as if his brain was a hunting dog, his vocal chords the trail. Once the two connected he was on his way to one hell of a solution.

Now if only I knew more about these ships.... maybe there is something around here to help me. Nexus slowly got out of the pod - the cold hadn't quite hit him yet, but it still made him a little rigid. Nothing a little deep muscle massage and walk won't fix though. Nexus rotated his shoulders as he took another look around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 + 1 = 19

Gotta make sure I don't trip on anything! And there should be a door and another switch somewhere in this cryo sleep room.


Human

As he floated out in to the room, slowly revolving till his head faced the floor, he crossed his arms and sighed. 'Right... Zero-G. Should have thought of that...' He frowned as he took stock of the items floating before him.

'Okay. Toolkit and waterbottles then the torch. I'll see what I can find in the lockers before I get dressed. Then... guess I better find the armory!'

Dex-Check1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Xander manuvered himself around the room as carefully as he could, making sure to avoid the floating pools of mystery liquid. When (if) he managed to retrieve the objects, he grabbed on to the locker and began to try open the first locked one, slowly, so as the items did not float out.

Dex-Check the 2nd1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Xander will grab the toolkit with the tools, the cutting torch and the water bottles. He will then try shut them in one of the lockers as he examines the others and grabs the crowbar (How did I miss that on the first read?!). Is he totally naked or is he wearing a jumpsuit or something?


Pound... pound... pound... smash!
Nexus finally forced his pod door open. It appeared they were not meant to withstand much in the way of impact, at least not from the inside... or... no that wan't it. They were purposely built that way in case of power shortages. The thought came unbidden to Nexus who was siddenly sure of it. He shivered, noting how much warmer it was out here, as the cold fog clinged after him while he stumbled out of his pod... almost as if it didn't want to let him go.

Looking around he noted the blood red light covered the entire room. Emergency power? Another thought made its way into his mind. On his right were more pods, none of them seemed to have any power like his. To his left were a double set of steel doors. At the base of the doors was a large puddle of water seeping through the bottom. At the far end of the room were what appeared to be a set of lockers. A few were open and seemed to have several objects inside.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Hmmm... Well maybe one of these guys brought a space manual with them or something. I'll have to check out the lockers.

Nexus remembered the stories of some people going crazy from cryo sleep- something to do with the brain being asleep too long, or in a dream too long during the trip, and when they woke up they struggled with what was real or fake. Well, let's make sure I don't wake any crazies up as I mosey over to the lockers then. Or worse- spook someone into shooting me.

Singing Pink Panther song in his head: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Stealth check as he works his way to the lockers


Male Human Rogue/ 3

are you f#%!ing serious? From now on when I have time I'm taking ten, lmaoooo


Male Human Rogue/3

As Marco's pod opened and he began to float he allowed himself a moment to hoer and just gather his surroundings. After a short time he began to try making his way to the closest room or button that would return the gravity. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24Fly check. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25Perception check.


Marco came out of his pod floating around in his chamber. Despite his headache, he was somehow not surprised and even felt familiar with how to move himself through the air.

His room however, was dark except for the lights on the other cryo pods and the occasional spark from damaged machinery. He floated across the room and in the sparking flashes of light, he noted that there was a large number of bullet holes in the emergency lights, but otherwise the room seemed to have power. As he continued to propel himself around the room, he felt something cold slide across his leg and slowly begin to wrap around.

Marco:
After a brief moment of panic, it turns out the object is in fact loose wiring from a control panel. Unfortunately, it's too dark to see all of what's going on here. You also note a door nearby and some lockers.


Male Human Rogue/3

After Marco realizes what has wrapped around his leg he quickly attempts to free himself 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13Escape. he then floats towards the lockers and checks them out. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10perception.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

whatever was on his leg I do not want I DO not WANT. NOR do I want that cold cloud s~** following me, GO AWAY THIS ISNT FOG


Fumbling around in the dark was not ideal for Marco but it wasn't as though he was unused to it either, after a few moments he was able to find a pair of station uniforms. Unfortunately the first one he tried on was too small for him to fit in properly. It was probably a female crew members outfit, but the second one he found fit well enough.

Once he had gotten dressed, he continued rifling through several lockers until he'd found a small collection of items: Several more pairs of clothing, a notebook with a pen, two name tags, a small gym bag with a towel inside, two power bars, and a pen light that still worked.


Nexus tried to move as quietly as he could along the red glowing pathway to the lockers. As light as his steps were however, his feet clung to the cold metal ground almost sticking and each careful step felt like it had to be peeled off of the floor as it resounded off the walls of the room back at him.

As he passed each cryo pod, he kept expecting to see someone inside sleeping... waiting for him. But there was nothing. All the pods were dark, empty, and lifeless.

After what felt like a very long time, he finally got to the lockers. Immediately he saw a large number of uniforms hung on the inside of an open locker. Upon closer inspection it seemed like all of the other lockers were ajar and the uniforms had all been pulled out from the others and piled up together, but not much else was nothing to be found from any of them. There was one closed locker that was locked, and something smelled terrible from inside.

Nexus:
If you open the locker, you will have to make a fortitude save.


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

Fort Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

::"Doctor De-Romana you need to wake, Doctor De-Romana you need to wake, Doctor De-Romana you need to wake, Doctor De-Romana you need to wake, Doctor De-Romana you need to wake, Doctor De-Romana you need to wake"::

What, mum, there is no school today, i did all may homework, let me alone, m,..

She woke with a start,

"What, o my head"

::"Doctor De-Romana you need to ... Are your awake"::

She had no idea where she was, who was talking to her, then it hit her,

::"Hexqin, report"::

::"Habitation frailer mama, as off 12 minutes ago I activated and you hibernation pod was failing."

Hexqin was hers she knew this, part of herself, made when she was, was .. put here. Her thoughts would not come,

::How long have I been here Hexqin?::

::insufficient information mama::

::OooKkk... Whats going on?::

::insufficient information mama::

::Ok so what are we doing here??::

::insufficient information mama::

She have up trying, But some other thing was wrong, she could no feel others, it was as if they had ... Others??

"Where are the others"[/b]

::[i]insufficient information mama::

She felt like screaming, it felt like half here mind was empty,


Xander used the crowbar he'd found to try forcing open the first locker.

Strength1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
It quickly dawned on him that getting any amount of leverage on the locker was going to require a great deal more positioning and time in a zero gravity environment.
Strength2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Two minutes of loud wrenching and grinding sounds later he'd managed to force open the locker. Fortunately he'd been expecting ready to catch anything spilling out and he grabbed what appeared to be a security belt with a radio holstered into it.

Xander, perception roll.


Human

Xander wedged himself with his body half in a locker to give himself more leverage for his second attempt at opening the locker. When the door popped open and the security belt floated out, he grabbed the belt and held on.

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

Get out, she needed to get out of this small space, that was the problem. She pushed on the front of the Cryo Pod,

Come one open

Nothing thing was dead, locked. She looked close at the window.
Then placed her finger on its center she used her other hand to cover her eyes. She thought of sound, focussed in her mind then amplified it 10,000 times. She then let the sound take a form, its energy concentrated at the end of her finger where it touched the class. She then let her focus expand into the glass.

There was a shape high pitched sound that shook the glass in a moment,
Then it exploded. Showing her with fragments.

She started to clime out of the pod. There where still no others, she could feel no other minds around here. It felt horrible, empty a whole world of empty.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Why would these uniforms be piled up? Where did these people all go- blech what is that STENCH?

Nexus was not entirely sure what that rancid smell was, nor did he want to find out Best case scenario it is someone's rotten lunch- it is locked for a reason while the rest of these are ajar- smart money is on letting it be. Unlocking it would require more noise than it is worth anyways, besides- I need warmth. I can't stand naked forever.

Nexus took a uniform that looked like it would fit from a hanger and quickly got himself dressed. Now... there was water pooling outside that door over there- but how the hell would...

Nexus had an idea, a horrible idea. I don't think I'm going to like this trip.

Nexus moved quickly, now dressed, back to the steel doors to get a closer inspection of the puddle outside the steel doors. Please don't be what I think it is, PLEASE do not be what I think it is.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 To identify smell of locker

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 To identify color and texture of liquid pooled outside steel door

Remembering that not all space pirates are known for their humanity, and fear induced into him by the rancid smell, Nexus wonders if the pool is blood, not water. That is what he is looking for.


Male Human Rogue/3

Marco feeling slightly relived that he now had clothes grabbed the duffle bag and filled it with the power bars, notebook and pen, while also keeping the towel. He then took the pen light and read the names on the tags. After that he floated along to inspect the door.


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

It was easy to get out, that was the good news, the bad news was the only light was a red glow and there was no gravity. She floated out but kept her hand on the window frame of her pod. She had no idea where she was, they had placed her in cyro before the mission started, they had done this in.. why could she not remember.

::"Hexqin where was I placed in Cyro?"::

::"Cyro departure unit number 7 mama, where you made me"::

::"Yes but the place Hexqin, where was Cyro departure unit number 7?"::

::insufficient information mama::

::"Just full of help are you not?::

::"I can offer help mama, you need light, this place is dark. Let there be light, suddenly there was a low glow of white light from her inside the pod, it moved as a small Cystal spider climbed out."::

::"Light mama"::

It thought at her. Then again that flash of pain, no others around. She was disorientated a moment, there was no one to locate to, no means to know where she was.

"Come ON, your a scientist, a cognitive scientist use your head, don't fall to dear, there is stuff to be learned here, SO OK look around see what you can see."

She started to look closely at her surroundings.


It was a strange and almost imperceptible feeling for Calista, for just a moment as she had gathered her mind to break the glass of the pod she had the briefest imagining of a heartbeat resonating with her own. As the glass shattered it resonated like a lone pulse in a pool of water.
??? 01: 1d100 ⇒ 47
She felt it echo out and it was devoured by an infinite stretch of blackness. As she floated out into the darkened room she felt incredibly alone.

Perhaps it was because of her strange divide of self in the form of Hexqin that allowed her some level of self control. However through that bond with a separate but connected part of herself, when a flow of light came from Hexqin, she felt another, although smaller, pulse echo out from her.
??? 02: 1d100 ⇒ 97
Again, only to be devoured by an infinite void.

Looking more carefully around the room she with the light provided by Hexqin, she realized she was in a medical ward of some kind. The stark contrast of mobile white light against the static red glow gave the room an eerie feel. Was this where she had been?

Medical tools of all kinds floated around in the room. There were surgical implements of all kinds, several glass cabinets and doors hung open, having unleashed their contents of marked and strange colored vials, Petri dishes, a defibrillator, several syringes, and other supplies into the air. A lone, rumpled, white lab jacket floated around in one of the dimly lit corners she could see.

Down the hall to her right were what appeared to be 4 doors leading to small private rooms. Off to her left were the operating tables. All 3 of them were bolted to the ground and had loose black straps hanging in the air. On one of the tables she could see what appeared to be dried blood.

There was also a double set of doors and next to those doors, was a terminal. A terminal that was blinking with power.


Xander:
Xander noted that the radio he'd caught was in fact on, given the tiny bit of static he could hear coming from it.

Nexus:
The smell is awful but almost unmistakable, it is the smell of rotting meat.

As you cautiously examine the puddle seeping through the doorway, it is thankfully just very cold water.

Marco:
The name tags read Allan Locke, Level 2 security clearance engineer, and Roselyn Trent, Level 2 security clearance engineer.

Now with the pen light, you can see that someone had decided to pull out a number of the wires from the terminal and cut them. Fortunately they are all relatively clean cuts and you think that you could probably repair them.

everyone:
There is a sudden shaking that can be felt everywhere.


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

She shuddered, that echoing feel, like...like... no it was gone. Why was she in the medical wing, as a Doctor she knew this was all wrong. She moved her and and used her gifts to pull the Lap coat to her, she put it on, over her Cryo underware, she was cold, Then she pulled some tools to her, the surgical knives for one. Once she had them she stared off dowwn to explore. She looked for anything she could just for a Doctor, medical bad, drugs, that last shake felt bad. If the ship was going down she wanted to have stuff others would need.


Human

Grabbing the radio, Xander switched it off to save the battery, before he clung to the lockers to weather the shaking. He began to pull on the first clothes he could find, finishing with a pair of boots (I assumed there would be a pair, if not just ignore that). He stuck the toolkit in to a pocket and slid the security belt around his waist, tightening it. He slid the crowbar and the Cutting torch through the belt but not before pulling open the last two lockers.

When he gathered whatever he could from the remaining lockers, he pushed away from the wall and began to search for an exit from the room.

"Gotta get to a terminal. Gotta see what the hell is going on!"

Perception-1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Dexterity-1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Just wondering, would it be feasible to use Acrobatics to maneuver in Zero-G? If it is...

Acrobatics-1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Oh and just for good measure...

Knowledge Engineering1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human Rogue/3

Marco reads the tags then decides it's time to get to work. He heads over to the wires and attempts to repair them. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15To repair panel.


Male Human Rogue/3

As the shaking happens Marco quickly hovers breath held. as if the next breath could be the one that causes the ship to crumble.


Male Human Rogue/3

"I will survive this, if there is one thing I know I will do, it is that." Marco thought defiantly.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Well that's not good.

Cold water... shaking... low power lights... All the suits thrown from the lockers....

Nexus now knew what had happened, and it wasn't space pirates, and it wasn't aliens, and it wasn't the Captain's incompetence.

They abandoned ship.

Why else would only he be left? Clearly he didn't wake up in time, as all the other pods in the room were empty, the clothes all thrown astray, nearly no tools or anything left in the room at all.

Well, I'm going to have to continue my plan of finding the power, then, and figure out what the hell made them abandon ship.

It was then that Nexus really wished he had taken Aeronautics 435 at the University, instead of only taking four classes and flirting with the sorority girls. Ah the idiocy of youth. Look where we are now.

Nexus was cautious on whether to open the door or not- he was unsure how tight the door was sealed, how it worked, how to open it, and if the coolant tanks had flooded the hallway, well- That would at least explain why it is so damn cold in here.

He would have to take a risk, a calculated risk. Nexus despised risks- every sacrifice of a pawn, every wrongly cited point on an essay, every misunderstood point, sent you back more than just a few calculations- typically it meant starting from scratch.

Wait... that's it, scratch.

Nexus walked up to the steel doors and banged three times as hard as he could- one sound would mean the hallway was empty, the other would deafen it, making the door feel much more rigid, bulging, and a much deeper sound.

Perception, Primarily Hearing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

Floats over to the tables,
What where they doing here? god look at the blood


Human

Xander hovered in the air for a moment, pulling the radio from his belt and switching it on, before hitting the button to begin broadcasting. "Can anyone here this?" He paused, releasing the button, and taking a breath, before speaking again. "If you can hear this and you are trapped or can't respond, try banging on something loudly. Let me know you are there. over"

'I still need to get to that terminal. Need to see what systems are running. If I can figure that out... I could do with a schematic of the ship too. Why didn't I pay more attention at the initial Boarding?'


Nexus pounded on the door several times and tried listening carefully to the sounds on the other side. Fortunately it sounded like the other side was in fact hallow. At the very least, that meant the room hadn't mostly filled up with water. A moment later, he almost jumped as he heard a light screeching of static but also a muffled voice come from behind him.

"Can ...... ... this?" ".. ... hear this and you ... ... trapped .. can't respond, ... .... ... loudly. Let me know .. ... Over."

The sound was coming back from the locker area.


Calista stared at the table below her. She could only imagine what had happened here, what had gone wrong on the table that so much blood had been spilled.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

An exhaustive list of scenarios flowed through her mind, until one in particular stood out. A chill went down her spine and she shivered as she tightened the lab coat around her against the idea that filled her mind.

She could imagine the patient, laying on the table... tied down... unable to move from the drugs in her system... silently watching... pleading with her eyes, as the surgeon uncapped the marker and began to clinically draw the lines on her head...

Calista give me a will save.


Marco spent a while working on taking the wires apart. It didn't take too long to get them pried apart but it did take him a while to figure out the proper connection lines. Twice he thought he was about to short circuit the entire system but he managed to keep it from going out.

When he was done, he wiped the sweat from his forehead. The job wasn't perfect and there was a chance of this shorting out at some point, but for now it would suffice to get the terminal working.

When he looked up at the terminal it's text was very strange...

"Do you regret?"

On the bottom of the screen there were two options.
"Yes. No."


Init +2 | AC16/TA12/FF14 | HP8/8 | F+0/R+4/W+3 |Darkvision 60' | PP 7/7 | Per +5 Psionic Android Pison [Telepath] L1 / Investigator L1

She looks away revolted and try's not to throw up.The table, the placing of the restraining straps, a head
O...M...G!!!

She slowly raised her hands and feels her own head.

Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 O the Horror


Male Human Rogue/3

Marco looked at the terminal slightly puzzled. Then after letting it sink in he raised an eyebrow then without him realizing it a smirk had formed upon his face. "To regret would require an emotion I don't have, but I'll play your game." Marco then responded to the terminal face hardening while highlighting the no. Then selected it. "Your move." Marco whispered while brow was furrowed.


Male Human Rogue/ 3

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 You are going to get me f&@#ing killed, dice

In a flash Nexus was back to hiding and crawling as he heard the static from the back of the room- at first it sounded as if someone was talking to another person back near the lockers, but then he realized the gaps in the conversation Jesus- of course that happens as soon as I finally come over to THIS side to test...

Once more chills rolled down Nexus' spine as he remembered the smell of rotten meat that was in the back- he had been hoping to avoid thinking about opening that locker again.

As Nexus stealthily made his way back to the lockers he looked miserably back at the steel doors No matter how this goes, I'm going to end up opening you up. I'll figure out a way, yes. Right after I put myself through hell with that smell again.

Upon reaching the lockers once more Nexus is sure to investigate all the other open lockers in search of the mike that, he had a sneaking suspicion, was in the only locker he didn't open.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Nexus is on high-alert mode. The walkie talkie going off means someone else is alive- or the ship has a natural emergency response PA go off when something is wrong. He isn't sure, and of course, is still unsure if pirates did this or not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human

So antsy, so waiting for my post!! Aaah! :-P Haha


The terminals screen in front of Marco went dark for a second before popping up with new text.

"Do you know where you are?"

Yes. No.


Male Human Rogue/3

Marco thought for a moment. Things were still hazy he of course knew he was on a ship but he could not remember which one nor could he recall what the mission was. Marco then highlighted no, and selected it.

1 to 50 of 697 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call of the Abyss All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.