# 9-16: Fallen Family, Broken Name, with GM Pendrak (Inactive)

Game Master Z...D...

A series of five quests designed for levels 1–5.


201 to 250 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 Non-Lethal: 0 | AC 18 (T14*, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+3* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, SM +1*, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom watches the caravaners with interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro nods, "My companion is right."

Sense Motive (Aid Other): 1d20 ⇒ 17


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

"Ah, yes, the ring. You need to speak to Arvok," says the merchant, pointing to one of the other wagons.

You walk over to find Arvok tending to his horses. He greets you kindly, and then reads the letter from the Delara carefully.

Perception DC 15:

You notice that Arvok is wearing a ring suspiciously similar to the descriptions they have heard of Althea’s ruby engagement ring.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

I believe the note sums things up nicely. Looks like you have the ring right there, fortunately. So just slip that off and we'll be on our way. Giovanni gives a smile hoping this goes as smoothly as possible.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Yerp. I think we just need to talk to you, friend.

Diplomacy, Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

It appears that Smiley's subtle sarcasm on the word "friend" was not as subtle as he intended.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

"It should also be noted, that there is a chance the ring you are wearing has a curse of misfortune on it."

Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

hehe... two bad aid rolls.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Arvok glances down at his hand, and seems surprised to see the ring there.

"Now how did that get there?" he says, as he looks at the ruby ring on his right ring finger, and he seems genuinely surprised to see it there.

As he says this, the ring begins to change, and in place of a ruby ring, the merchant now has a hideous, red-eyed serpent wrapped around his finger, which begins to laugh in a sort of slithery cough.

"I'm afraid Arvok ssshall be keeping the ring, foolisssh creaturesss. And I ssshall be keeping him," the snake says in a hissing voice.

Surprisingly the merchant doesn't seem overly shocked by this, and smiles at the serpent like it is his friend.

Knowledge (planes) DC 12:

This is a raktavarna, a type of rakshasha.

Made up of smoke, blood, and gold, raktavarnas are the least of the rakshasas—they are born not from humanoids, but from the souls of rakshasas who failed utterly in their previous incarnation and who are thus reborn from a serpent’s egg.

They have several special abilities.

Change Shape (Su) As a full-round action, a raktavarna can take the shape of a handheld object, most often an ornamental light, a one-handed weapon, or a piece of treasure. If the rakshasa remains stationary in such a form, it can attempt Stealth checks even while being observed. It can remain motionless in object form indefinitely, but reverts to its true form as soon as it takes any action.

Master’s Eyes (Su) A raktavarna can designate a single creature as its master as a standard action. If the raktavarna is a spellcaster’s familiar, its master is automatically that spellcaster, and the raktavarna cannot change this. As a full-round action, a raktavarna’s master can observe the world as if looking through the raktavarna’s eyes. The master must concentrate to maintain this link each round. The master’s visual senses are suppressed for this time, and he uses the raktavarna’s darkvision, detect magic, and regular eyesight to observe the world. This ability has no limit on range, and functions even across planar boundaries. If the raktavarna is slain while its master is using this ability, the master is stunned for 1d4 rounds (no save).

Poison (Su)

Bite—injury; save Fort DC 13; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Wis plus modify memory; cure 1 save.

Each time a victim takes Wisdom damage from this poison, a modify memory effect causes the victim to forget the previous minute’s interactions with the raktavarna, as long as the raktavarna is no longer visible or is in object form. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Knowledge (planes) DC 17:

These terrors drift through society, passing from hand to hand as weapons or strange tokens from foreign lands, curiosities brought home by traders and emissaries and given to leaders as tribute. In this manner the raktavarnas gain entry into corridors of power throughout the world, and what they see, their foul masters know. A raktavarna’s servitude to a master ends only when its master decrees, or (more commonly) upon the master’s death. Little disconcerts raktavarnas more than having no master, and when they are cast adrift in this manner, they seek a replacement as soon as they can.

These foul creatures also have a number of spell like abilites: including charm person, commune, comprehend languages, detect magic, detect thoughts, and suggestion.

Knowledge (planes) DC 22:

They also have DR 5/good or piercing, and SR 17.

Initiative:

Zeverit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Arvok initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Hskoro initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Tholand initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Smiley initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Everbloom initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Giovanni initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Mikhail initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Smiley initiative roll off: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Arvok initiative roll off: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Summary:

Round One Mikhail (up), Zeverit (not yet up), Hskoro (not yet up), Tholand (not yet up), Smiley (not yet up), Arvok (not yet up), Everbloom (not yet up), Giovanni (not yet up)

Giovanni may act. The new map is up. Arvok is represented by the 'A' on the map, and the tiny serpent is currently still on his finger.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

kn planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Damn, a raktavarna. Watch out for it's bite. It is poisonous. Giovanni raises his hand and sends a glob of acid at Arvok.

Minor Magic Rogue Talent, casting Orb of Acid at will.

orb of acid. ranged touch vs FF: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
sneak attack acid damage: 1d3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (4, 5) = 12

abysmal. Giovanni will bound around to come up behind Arvok and draw his rapier as a move action.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Summary:

Round One Mikhail (up), Zeverit (not yet up), Hskoro (not yet up), Tholand (not yet up), Smiley (not yet up), Arvok (not yet up), Everbloom (not yet up), Giovanni (not yet up)

I actually screwed up and Mikhail, not Giovanni should have been up. Giovanni missed anyway, so its no big deal, but for ensuing rounds I'll use the initiative as it should have been. Anyways, long story short, Mikhail may act.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

I moved myself back.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Botting Mikhail.

Mikhail the dwarven inquisitor moves carefully around to get behind the merchant. However, the raktavarna sees him doing so, and speaks in its

"Foolsss, foolsss, you can't fool me. Arvok here will be just yet another victim of my irresssissstible personality. And maybe this dwarf will be next. You, dwarf! Protect me from anyone who attacksss me, and kill anyone who triesss to hurt me." He says the last words with a strange authority in his voice, as if it were a spell.

Mikhail needs to succeed on a DC 15 Will save. I'll give him time to roll for it, since its kind of a big deal, and anyway you guys all get to go before Mikhail will act.

Summary:

Round One Mikhail (moved), Zeverit (suggestion), Hskoro (up), Tholand (up), Smiley (up), Arvok (not yet up), Everbloom (not yet up), Giovanni (not yet up)

Smiley, Tholand, and Hskoro may act.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

"Don't kill the merchant. He is victim. Knocking him out should be fine, then we can deal with serpent ring."

He draws his warhammer this time and then moves in front of the merchant, hissing at the serpent ring in challenge.

Move: Draw Weapon
Move: 10'

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf (+2Con, +2Wis, -2Cha) 30/30HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Aye, how bout I put em to sleep then lizard man.
Tholand moves up, leaps, and does a downward palm strike across the back of the merchants neck.
Stunning Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
DC:16 or be stunned and Shaken for Shaken: 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Smiley moves into position and throws a mighty punch at the merchant.

Unarmed Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Damage, Nonlethal: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Tholand's blow hits Arvok, but he is tougher than he seems and avoids being stunned. Smiley's punch connects, but he finds that the merchant must be wearing a breastplate under his tunic, as it does no real damage.

The merchant draws a longsword and brings it down two-handed in a powerful slice, cutting deeply into Tholand's shoulder and sending an arc of blood into the air.

GM Rolls:

Arvok, Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Arvok, longsword : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Summary:

Round One Mikhail (moved), Zeverit (suggestion), Hskoro (moved), Tholand (hit but no stun), Smiley (missed), Arvok (hit Tholand), Everbloom (up), Giovanni (up)

Round One Mikhail (up), Zeverit (not yet up), Hskoro (not yet up), Tholand (not yet up), Smiley (not yet up), Arvok (not yet up), Everbloom (not yet up), Giovanni (not yet up)

Arvok- 11 damage

Tholand takes 10 points of damage. Everbloom, Giovanni, and Mikhail may act, but Mikhail still needs to make his Will save first.

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Am I hearing that Arvok has Damage Resistance 10+? Did making it Nonlethal make a difference?

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni comes around the side, wedging his way into the party. We can revive the merchant but we must take him down.

rapier, combat expertise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

AC 19

Paizo Employee

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 Non-Lethal: 0 | AC 18 (T14*, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+3* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, SM +1*, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Is the raktavarna too small to attack? If she can attack it she'll aim for it, otherwise she'll attack the man wearing it.

Everblooms circles around her companions to get a decent view of the weirdo with the talking ring. She shoots a flurry of pine needles at the enemy!
Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
Magic Piercing Damage: 2d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 + 1 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:
Smiley Stonegirdle wrote:
Am I hearing that Arvok has Damage Resistance 10+? Did making it Nonlethal make a difference?

No. It is just your 15 attack didn't get past his AC. Saying you hit his breastplate was just some flavor.

Sovereign Court

LN male Dwarf Inquisitor 3
Spoiler:
|AC 17, T 12, FF 15|HP: 24/24|F +5, R +3 W +6 (+2 vs magic items), SR 8|Init +5 (+1 in surprise rounds), Perc +3 (+2 vs pickpockets)|CMB +4 CMD 16 (20 vs disarm/steal)|1/1 Judgment

Sorry for the disappearance - NOBODY expects the Sudden-Desperate-Need-For-A-Break-From-It-All! NOT EVEN the Inquisition!!!

Will save vs what is arguably a magic item: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 If you don't think this fascinating corner-case counts as "coming from a magic item", there may still also be the matter of my spell resistance (7).

Assuming I've made it either way, however:

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"I do not follow orders from YOU!" Bellows Mikhail at the 'ring', conveniently around eye-level with him. "Well, at least, if you ARE sent as a lower-emissary of the Infernal Order, I have received NO notification of it prior, and I DO have a contract as stands!" Something seems to change in Mikhail as he goes on (and on)...something ominous. "Nay, by the Lord of Heresies, 'tis the mortal who shalt Judge the Hellspawn, who art hereby charged with crimes against decorum, serial contractual infidelity, breach of Infernal protocol, AND crimes against seasonal and regional fashion! That's FOUR..." He bellows as unholy hues of crimson, green, an in-between inexplicably glint off his flail...

I hereby declare Judgment!

masterwork silver heavy flail, flank, Judgment of Destruction vs Arvok: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
NOBODY EXPECTS THE CRITICAL THREAT!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Critical damage?: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 + 15 = 29 if that confirms

"...and a FIFTH for you, merchantman: Clear violation of the Eternal Edict As-Officially-Recognized-and-Sanctioned-By-The-Unholy-Church-of-Mammon-Itse lf, of 'Caveat Emptor'!" He declares as he wallops Arvok from behind with a nasty *cracking* sound.

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Anybody got a potion of CLW for this reddish puddle over here?

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

are you downed?

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Arvok. I'm assuming 44 points damage will turn him into a puddle.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Ah. I have wand if that takes him down.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War
Smiley Stonegirdle wrote:
Am I hearing that Arvok has Damage Resistance 10+? Did making it Nonlethal make a difference?

Hskoro is correct in that I was just flavoring the miss as a "hit" that didn't hurt him because of his armor, since the better part of his armor class comes from armor bonuses.

Everbloom wrote:
Is the raktavarna too small to attack? If she can attack it she'll aim for it, otherwise she'll attack the man wearing it.

No, the raktavarna is tiny sized, but still a viable target.

Giovanni stabs at Arvok with his rapier, but the merchant's breastplate turns another blow. Everbloom can't get a clear shot at the tiny rakshasa, and sends leaves and pine needles blowing into the wind.

Then, the inquisitor takes his turn, and after quite the rhetorical flourish, he brings his flail smashing into Arvok's back, in a blow, from the sound of it, that must have broken multiple bones. The merchant goes down immediately, unconscious, bleeding badly, but seemingly alive and breathing.

Thankfully it wasn't a critical hit, and thankfully Tholand's damage was nonlethal, or this guy would for sure be dead.

A rasping, hissing cough comes from the ground where the merchant fell, and the serpentine raktavarna slither out of the merchants sleeve.

"Ah, well. I sssuppossse I'll have to find another target," says the tiny outsider, "I do hope you killed him at leassst, though I'd have preferred to do it my way. I like to get them to kill themselvesss, you sssee."

Then, with sudden swiftness, the raktavarna springs towards Mikhail, and tries to bite him on the ankle.

GM Rolls:

Bite attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d2 ⇒ 1

Summary:

Round One Mikhail (moved), Zeverit (suggestion), Hskoro (moved), Tholand (hit but no stun), Smiley (missed), Arvok (hit Tholand), Everbloom (missed), Giovanni (missed)

Round Two Mikhail (took down Arvok), Zeverit (bit Mikhail), Hskoro (up), Tholand (up), Smiley (up), Everbloom (up), Giovanni (up)

Round Three Mikhail (up), Zeverit (not yet up), Hskoro (not yet up), Tholand (not yet up), Smiley (not yet up), Everbloom (not yet up), Giovanni (not yet up)

Arvok- 11 non-lethal, 15 damage; unconscious and bleeding to death

Mikhail can make an attack of opportunity against the raktavarna as it enters his square. Assuming he doesn't kill it with the AoO somehow, Mikhail then takes 1 point of piercing damage, and needs to succeed on a DC 13 Fortitude save, or he will take 1 point of Wisdom damage and come under the effect of modify memory, effectively forgetting the previous minute's interactions with the raktavarna.

Hskoro, Tholand, Smiley, Everbloom, Giovanni, and Mikhail may act.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Frowning when the merchant goes down, he spots the snake making a break for it. Bring his hammer down on it, he yells out. "At least stabilize the merchant."

Warhammer vs outsider: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni stutter steps at the creature trying to throw it off and follows with a rapier strike supported by Mikhail's flank.

bluff, feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
rapier flank, vs Flatfoot, hopefully: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
rapier damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (5, 5) = 14

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Oh, no, ya doesn't!

Smiley moves close to Mikhail and tries to clap the snake between his mighty hands.

Unarmed Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Kids, never based your entire backstory on a character thinking that they're especially lucky. Dicebot does not like it.

Sovereign Court

LN male Dwarf Inquisitor 3
Spoiler:
|AC 17, T 12, FF 15|HP: 24/24|F +5, R +3 W +6 (+2 vs magic items), SR 8|Init +5 (+1 in surprise rounds), Perc +3 (+2 vs pickpockets)|CMB +4 CMD 16 (20 vs disarm/steal)|1/1 Judgment

attack of opportunity, masterwork silver heavy flail, flank?, Judgment of Destruction vs raktavarna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 -2 if I don't actually have a flank
silver damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Fortitude save vs what is arguably a magic item: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"BAH! Many years I have trained for this day, you little...proscribed artefact!" Mikhail's eyes gleam with malice as he looks down at the little ophidian fiend - only to be overtaken by a glaze of hesitation. "And yet...are ye not of HELL, made in a facsimile of my Lord's image? To smite your profane being would be HERESY...and as such, the most infernal of honors to Lord Geryon! NOBODY EXPECTS THE HERETICAL INQUISITION!"

masterwork silver heavy flail, flank?, Judgment of Destruction vs raktavarna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 -2 if I don't actually have a flank
silver damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
threat roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Ending my turn by shifting to Judgment of Purity as a swift action.

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf (+2Con, +2Wis, -2Cha) 30/30HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Oi! Get up, ye weren’t hit that hard now...we’ll sorta I guess.
Tholand stays with the merchant, and spends a full round drawing a potion of CLW and force feeds his potion to him.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Paizo Employee

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 Non-Lethal: 0 | AC 18 (T14*, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+3* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, SM +1*, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom tries to shoot the raktavarna again, this time with a flurry of razor sharp flower petals!

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Slashing Damage: 2d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 + 1 = 8

But the ring-snake is too wily!


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Tholand feeds Arvok a potion, which stabilizes the merchant, though he remains unconscious.

Giovanni and Mikhail deliver an effective one-two punch to the raktavarna (though Mikhail's bludgeoning weapon damage seems to have been reduced by the rakshasa's defenses), and it hisses in pain.

"Ah, the show nearsss itsss end. It wasss a good run. I'm sure to come back as a more powerful rakssshasssa next time, especccially after my masssterpieccce, the Chelaxian girl Althea, that poor, sweet, lovestruck thing. And it wasn't long after she killed herself that those nasssty little goblinsss came and finissshed off the ressst of her mourning family, all except the one child who essscaped."

It tries to bite Mikhail once more, spitefully, but the inquisitor moves his foot to the side to dodge the ankle-biter.

GM Rolls:

Bite attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d2 ⇒ 1

Summary:

Round One Mikhail (moved), Zeverit (suggestion), Hskoro (moved), Tholand (hit but no stun), Smiley (missed), Arvok (hit Tholand), Everbloom (missed), Giovanni (missed)

Round Two [i]Mikhail (took down Arvok), Zeverit (bit Mikhail), Hskoro (missed), Tholand (potion on merchant), Smiley (missed), Everbloom (missed), Giovanni (rapier hit)

Round Three Mikhail (hit), Zeverit (missed), Hskoro (up), Tholand (up), Smiley (up), Everbloom (up), Giovanni (up)

Round Four Mikhail (up), Zeverit (not yet up), Hskoro (not yet up), Tholand (not yet up), Smiley (not yet up), Everbloom (not yet up), Giovanni (not yet up)

Arvok- 11 non-lethal, 12 damage; unconscious but stable
Zeverit- 18 damage

Hskoro, Tholand, Smiley, Everbloom, Giovanni, and Mikhail may act.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Your meddling is done, creature. Giovanni attempts to deliver the final stab.

rapier, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
rapier damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (6, 3) = 17

Paizo Employee

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 Non-Lethal: 0 | AC 18 (T14*, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+3* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, SM +1*, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

Everbloom snarls in frustration and hurls more flower petals at the blasted snake!

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
Slashing Damage: 2d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 + 1 = 18

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Smiley tries once more to shut up the annoying little outsider. Twice, actually.

Power Brawler's Fury: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Power Brawler's Fury: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro speaks final words to the snake ring, "Thanks for telling us about the child." He then hisses as he strikes his warhammer down on the snake ring.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf (+2Con, +2Wis, -2Cha) 30/30HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

He be stable now, that’s about as good as I can do for now. Poor fella in the wrong place at the wrong time. How bout ye shut the darn ring up! Tholand stands guard over the merchant preparing to strike at anyone he perceives to be a threat.


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

With another stab from the rapier, Giovanni ends the raktavarna's sorry existence. The others make sure the thing is dead. As it dies, it morphs and changes, until all that remains is a small, strange, warped piece of metal, halfway between a ring and an outstretched serpent.

The threat is over, but there remains a badly beaten (and likely bewildered) merchant to be dealt with. Arvok remains unconscious. The other merchants are eyeing the scene with some interest, but they all have the look of men who don't want to "get involved".

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

UMD: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Giovanni will activate his wand of healing for the downed merchant.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wake up, sir. You are free from your tormentor.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro reaches down and takes what remains of the serpent ring without fear. "We have what we came for and what now? The ghost in the necklace sent us here, perhaps she would have a suggestion."

Paizo Employee

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 Non-Lethal: 0 | AC 18 (T14*, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+3* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, SM +1*, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Good riddance," Everbloom snarls as the snake-beast dies. She stomps on it. With a swish of her tail she turns and leans against a nearby wagon. "Yes. Speak with the spirit."


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

Giovanni awakens Arvok, who, after the Pathfinders explain the situation, is overjoyed and thankful for the help he was given. In his gratitude, he gives the group a traveler's any tool, and 45 platinum pieces.

When the group return's to Delara Adnen's home, the anxious merchant greets them warmly, and is happy to hear of their success. Then Smiley produces the locket. Hesistantly, Delara speaks, "Althea? Are you there?"

As Smiley holds the locket aloft, the tiny image of Althea Irrica appears, projected above the locket's face as before.

"Greetings, my friends," says the hologram, "What have you learned? Did you bring my engagement ring so I can be at rest, and be with my fiance once more?"

The Exchange

Male Andoran Dwarven Brawler/3 (HP:30/30 | AC:18 T:12 FF:16 (+4 vs Giants) | CMB:+5 CMD:17 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+3 | Init:+2 | Perc:+6 Darkvision 60ft | Speed:20 ft) Unarmed +7 or BF +5/+5 (d6+3), PA +6 or PBF +4/+4 (d6+5) | QRS 0/1 MF 3/4
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 Climb +7 Diplomacy +1 Escape Artist +6 Fly +2 Heal +2 HA +3 Knowledge (History:Dwarves) +1 (Local) +3 Perception +6 Ride +6 Sense Motive +6 Stealth +1 Stonecunning +8 Survival +2 Swim +7
Bull Rush +8/18 Dirty Trick +6/18 Disarm +7/18 Drag +6/18 Grapple +7/19 Overrun +8/18 Reposition +6/18 Steal +7/18 Sunder +6/18 Trip +6/18

Smiley glances surreptitiously at the small, strange, warped piece of metal, halfway between a ring and an outstretched serpent.

Ummm...about that...

He does not seem to know how to proceed.

Paizo Employee

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 Non-Lethal: 0 | AC 18 (T14*, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+3* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, SM +1*, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Your ring was cursed," Everbloom tells the spirit. "But it's here."

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

"The ring was possessed or was perhaps a demon itself."

Liberty's Edge

Male Dwarf (+2Con, +2Wis, -2Cha) 30/30HP, AC: 16 T: 16, FF: 14, CMD: 19, F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Init +1, Pereption +7, Sense Motive +7 LN Male Dwarf Master of Many Styles/ Monk of the Sacred Mountain 3, Unarmed Strike: +7, (1d6+8, x2) MW Cestus: +7, (1d4+8, 19-20x2)

Aye, that ring was cursed but we smashed ‘em to a pulp, yer welcome!


Mummy's Mask~Kingmaker ~Strange Aeons ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name I ~ Fallen Family, Broken Name II ~ Border of War

"Ah, I see," replies the image of the young woman, "Well, I thank you for telling me the truth at least. But... do you know what happened to me? How I died?"

Paizo Employee

Female Kitsune Kineticist 3 | HP: 27/27 Non-Lethal: 0 | AC 18 (T14*, FF 15) | CMB: +2 CMD: 15 | F:+7 R:+8 W:+3* | Init +3 | Perc +7*, SM +1*, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Intimidate +6 | Speed 30 ft. | Dancing lights: 3/3 | Burn: 0/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Stupidity," Everbloom replies immediately. She lets out a yipping chuckle. "The ring was a monster, and it twisted your mind. You killed yourself. Perhaps it made you. Perhaps you did it to escape the monster. I don't know." she shrugs. "Stupid thing to do, either way."

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+8 W +1 | Init +4 | Perc +10 (+11 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni shakes his head at Everbloom's lack of bedside manor. The victim is not to blame here. The circumstances are clear that compulsion was the culprit. What else can we do to ease your rest, madam?

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

"Like most demons, it probably obtained pleasure by torturing you and ultimately getting you to kill yourself."

201 to 250 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / # 9-16: Fallen Family, Broken Name, with GM Pendrak All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.