#6-17: Fires of Karamoss [Tier 5-6] - GM Rutseg (Inactive)

Game Master Balacertar

Current map

Chronicles


1 to 50 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

It is deep dark night when you reach to the subterranean entrances of your destination. You have been contacted by Venture-Captain Shevala Iorae to gather in one of the Grand Lodge's outbuildings with some of your pathfinder colleagues. The small trip has been peaceful and has given you the opportunity to update with the last accomplishments of your companions.

The cold subterranean records hall is dim and quiet. In front of a heavy wooden door stands Venture-Captain Shevala Iorae, one of the Society’s premier experts on the ruined siege towers near Absalom. She waves and begins speaking eagerly as she approaches, the flame of her candle struggling against her pace.

Hello! I’m sorry to summon you to such a bleak meeting space, but I’m gathering intelligence that I can really get only here. Come, you’ll have to see for yourselves.” Venture-Captain Iorae gestures toward the wooden door behind her, saying, “Before we go in, tell me—do you know much about the Red Redoubt of Karamoss?

K. arcana DC 20+:
Karamoss was a wizard from Numeria known as the Machine Mage. He allegedly spent decades researching automatons inside the notorious technological dungeon known as Silver Mount, and was said to possess unparalleled mastery over all kinds of constructs and machines.

K. arcana DC 25+:
The red metal from which the Red Redoubt was constructed is called djezeteel, and has an enhancing effect on magic.

K. arcana DC 30+:
The robotic army that Karamoss used to attack Absalom is rumored to have been built within the siege tower itself, using forges powered by elemental energy from the Plane of Fire.

K. engineering DC 15+:
The entire Red Redoubt was built in a single night out of a strange red skymetal alloy called djezeteel, said to have been invented by Karamoss himself.

K. engineering DC 20+:
Though the aboveground sections of the tower were destroyed, the underground levels seemed to be sound. As far as anyone knows, there could be dozens of unexplored levels below the surface.

K. engineering DC 25+:
Supplying power to the tower—and creating an army of constructs—would have required an immense amount of energy. The tower was likely equipped with a powerful energy source, possibly a massive Numerian power generator or some kind of magical reactor.

K. local DC 15+:
The uppermost surviving levels of the Red Redoubt are considered relatively safe. Junior members of the Pathfinder Society are often run through obstacle courses here set up by their mentors.

K. local DC 20+:
One recent such excursion took an unexpected turn when a team of Pathfinder recruits stumbled into an undiscovered sublevel of the siege tower. Since then, Pathfinder Society activity in the area has increased dramatically.

K. local DC 25+:
Venture-Captain Shevala Iorae has led the new efforts to explore the Red Redoubt, and she has sent scouting teams into progressively deeper levels of the tower. For the last few days, Shevala has not left the Grand Lodge, instead remaining cloistered below in a darkened records room.

Any character with a chronicle related to the Redoubt can of course share his/her experience there of course

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

A young, regal Mendevian man gives the Venture-Captain a winning smile, light glinting off his pearly white teeth even in the dim confines of the record hall.

"Charmed, Venture-Captain! And Charming! Ah, that is, I am Charming. Simon Charming! Indeed!"

A new Venture-Captain. Make a good impression this time, Simon!

"The Red Reduck of Karamoth? I'm sure I've heard of it..."

Knowledge Arcana Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Knowledge Local Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Advice?:

Hello GM Rutseg. Thank you for giving me this chance at my first PbP game. I have done my best in preparation; I have read the sticky guides on how to format and everything. I've also looked at some sample formatting and posts too, on other players' PbP games of scenarios I've already played (I cannot look at examples from scenarios I haven't played, because spoilers).

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

know(engineering): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"It is my honour to be of service to you, Captain." says the knight as he stomps his way into the room.

"I've heard little about these siege towers. I confess to being surprised they are still up and about, as I heard they were very old. Traditionally siege towers are mobile, I am guessing this Red Redoubt is not?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Exiled Blood Lord 6 | HP 45/45 temp: 10/10 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | F+5 R+2 W+3 (+1 fear) | Init +1 | Perc -1 | command 6/6 | touch 6/6 | bond 0/1

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

A tall thin man in dark black robes stands in the corner of the room, his hood drawing his pale face into shadows. He holds a scythe which towers over his head, the hand holding it revealing several large and expensive rings fit for one of noble stature, and yet the robes show signs of wear. "Khamul Unquale, at your service," he says with a slight bow. "Sent over from the lodge in Sothis. I must admit that I did not grow up in this area of the world and hence have never studied the Red Redoubt or Karamoss, whatever and whoever they may be."

@Simon: to start with, you seem to know something about the Red Redoubt that we do not. Please share!

Grand Lodge

Male Human 43870-2 | Barbarian 6| HP 57 / 65 | Rage Used: 2/15 | AC 21 (R19) T 14(R12) FF 18 | CMD 23 CMB +11 | F +5 R +4 (+6 vs Traps) W +5 | Init +3 | Per +9; Int +10; Acro +11; Climb +10
Active Effects:
Fatigue

Kujo seems uncomfortable. Whether it is because the sheer volume of materials that would require reading gives him a headache or because he can't decide if he wants to spend his last 5000 gold on an adamantine greatsword, the chronicles that detailed the event did not say. Nevertheless, it was recorded that Kujo, the Slayer said nothing when he was told of the mission.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

A flash of realization crosses Simon's face. "Oh, that Red Reduck! Err, Redoubt. The top levels of the tower were a popular training ground for junior Pathfinders. I've heard the Society recently found some kind of secret floor on the lower levels." He pauses briefly before continuing. "As for Karamoss, he was a Numerian Wizard known as The Machine Mage. He is often associated with a dungeon called The Silver Mount, but I don't know much about it. He's said to have control over all kinds of constructs."

Simon grins as he finishes his summary. Yes, that should make for a good impression! I hope...

Khamûl Unqualë wrote:
@Simon: to start with, you seem to know something about the Red Redoubt that we do not. Please share!

Hello Khamûl! I'm sorry I did not do so earlier. I wasn't sure if I should post again until everyone else did. Thank you. :)


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Shevala opens the heavy wooden door into a cramped records room, eliciting a painful cry from inside, followed by curses in a strange language.

The room is even darker than the hall outside, lit only by a few small candles. A sturdy wooden chair stands in the center of the room, on which writhes a curious creature. Long, rubbery arms spill over the sides of the chair and brush the floor, connecting to a torso covered in dirty green scales. Huge black eyes protrude over a drooping, sharp-toothed mouth that appears to close on only one side.

The creature squints against the light from the torchlit hallway, shouting, “Shut it! Shut the blasted door!

Pathfinders,” Shevala says with exasperation, “may I present Marw.

K. dungeoneering DC 16:

The bizarre creature in the chair is a horrifically mutated choker.

"Marw is a guest of the Society as part of a deal agents made to secure safe passage through the Scrap Heap toward a yet more dangerous level—the Forge" explains Shevala "According to his story, the Scrap Heap is no stranger to scavengers, but over the past few years, raiding parties from the Forge have launched a number of purposeful attacks against it, sometimes dragging entire robot skeletons back with them. Marw saw an opportunity when our agents arrived, and agreed to provide us with information on the redoubt in return for a promise that the Society would investigate and end the incursions from the Forge if at all possible"

"I worry that the activity in the Forge might mean some ancient production line deep within the redoubt has reactivated" adds the Venture Captain with worried expression "If the machines that built Karamoss’s original robot army have suddenly resumed functioning, another robotic siege on Absalom could be imminent!"

Stop so you have an opportunity to intervene and the missing ones have some extra time to join

Scarab Sages

Male Human Exiled Blood Lord 6 | HP 45/45 temp: 10/10 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | F+5 R+2 W+3 (+1 fear) | Init +1 | Perc -1 | command 6/6 | touch 6/6 | bond 0/1

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"A choker... but I have never seen one mutated so, to have such capacity of speech and distinction to strike a deal with our agents. Something strange is going on there, surely, and if the machines are running again it could mean any number of terrible things. Yes, we will look into it immediately."

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

Simon smiles at the choker. "Well met, Marw! I am Simon Charming. Rest assured, we shall stop these robotic ruffians!"

He turns to Venture-Captain Iorae. "Venture-Captain, what exactly is a robot? I have studied numerous types of constructs, but I am not particularly familiar with 'robots' or 'technology.'"

Simon has general knowledge about arcane constructs with Knowledge Arcana, though he is missing both Technologist and Knowledge Engineering.

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

know(dungeon): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Hello Mr Marw starts Vrald, a little unsure of the exact pronoun one uses with Chokers.

"What more can you tell us of The Forge and the Scrap Heap? They are levels within the Red Redoubt? Who lives in them?"

He nods to Simon.

"I too am curious about these 'robots'. They sound a bit like golems.."


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Shevala answers Simon "Well, we do not know for sure what is scavenging the Scrap Heap" she looks at Marw "He doesn’t know what they are, exactly, only that they’re well armed. I suspect from his descriptions that automatons from below have reactivated and are coming up to salvage whatever important components they can find."

To Vrald, Marw answers "Da' Scrap Heap, home. Na' problem there, just scavengers. We dan't laike scaveng. Marw protect clan. Pathfinders solve Forge so na more scaveng folks. Ya agreed!" and continues "Forge heat, forge danger, no choker enter thare. Thare scaveng! Who knows what anything was for in that tower?"

Shevala intervenes at that point "My educated guess is that the Forge served as the power source for the Red Redoubt; it was definitely linked to the production of Karamoss’s robotic army." and looking at your puzzled looks she adds "Robots. We still know little about them. The pathfinders that have faced them tell they are specially hard to beat. Unlike constructs, they are animated by technique and engineering, so when you hit them, it is very similar to hitting a metallic container. Only adamantine has proved reliable. Magic and weapons of other materials need strong blows to pierce their armor"

"As for what we have found until know, it seems Karamoss got access to some extremly advanced technology during his days in the Silver Mount" she looks at Simon at this point "This is a huge mountain in the middle of the Numerian plateaus. The Kellid tribes are very superstitious about it, and so far have denied our requests to explore it"

The Venture Captain concludes this topic saying "Who might live in the Forge, we really do not know past Marw's descriptions of the scavengers. So, whatever it is scavenging the Scrap Heap, I hope they are not robots"

As the questions are addressed Shevala finally decides to clearly expose her requirements for the mission.

"I need you to find out what’s going on within the Forge; if something is providing power to Karamoss’s robot foundries, it’s imperative that you deactivate that power source to prevent history from repeating itself. Of course, Marw here would also like us to ensure that whatever is scavenging in the Scrap Heap and endangering his people ceases to do so. Finally, please keep an eye out for anything of academic significance. The entire tower is a trove of historical data from one of the most fascinating periods in Absalom’s history!"

"Bring me anything interesting that you can carry, and secure everything else so that future expeditions can study the artifacts in relative safety. Any more question or arrangement before you move on with Marw?"

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

Simon ponders the information presented by the Venture Captain. After a moment, he speaks in a serious and more eloquent tone; a far cry from his usual demeanor. "Golems are one thing; I at least have some idea of their capabilities. These 'robots' could spell trouble. I'm specialized in enchantment and illusion magic. With proper focus, I can conceivably affect even machines, but it is a long shot. Strategically, I should focus my offensive magic on non-robotic enemies, while supporting the rest of the party with hypnotism."

He jolts up, then flashes a comical smile, apparently having returned to normal. "That is, ahh... we should be extremely cautious and use proper tactics against these metallic scoundrels! I cannot afford an adamantine weapon, and I wouldn't be much good with one besides. I shall leave the thrashing to my dear associates." He smiles at the rest of the party.

"Venture-Captain, my only other question is one of diplomacy. Do we expect to run into the Kellid tribes you mentioned? Are we allowed to represent the Society in any negotiations with them, or with Marw's people?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Exiled Blood Lord 6 | HP 45/45 temp: 10/10 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | F+5 R+2 W+3 (+1 fear) | Init +1 | Perc -1 | command 6/6 | touch 6/6 | bond 0/1

"Indeed, my magic is also most useful against undead or those susceptible to mental tricks. But I think I have a few things to help against constructs and robots. If nothing else, I can distract them with my scythe." Khamûl chuckles to himself and nods that he is ready to go.

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

"Can any of you protect us from the heat?" asks Vrald.

"It sounds as if that will be a threat for us as well."

Silver Crusade

F Human Female Human 134571-2| Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 52/52 | AC:20(R22) T:15(R12) FF:17 | CMD:23 CMB:+8 | F:+3 R:+9 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Panache: 4 | Charmed: 4/4 | Perception: +9

Finally here, thanks for your patience!

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Tessa leans against the wall with her foot kicked up such that her knee was bent and the flat of her boot was firmly planted against the wall. She had been quietly biting her tongue up until now. While not normally her nature to keep her trap shut, she was still in the presence of the VC and having already made that mistake once she was in no hurry to repeat it again.

She pushes off the wall and tips her hat up so that it no longer covers part of her face. She looks to Vrald, "I can rightly say that I can protect you from the heat, but she-" She taps her adamantine rapier twice, "-will certainly do her best to keep any of these fancy walking pieces of metal out of your way." She winks once with her left eye at Vrald before taking a step forward.

"Now, you mentioned raiding parties. Could you please elaborate on that? Raiding parties of what exactly?"

She purses her lips and then holds a finger up to signal she has one more question. "Clarification. You mention you want us to deactivate it but also ask us to bring you relics back. My definition of deactivate may not directly align with yours, sooooo just so we're on the same page here we're talking about whatever it takes to deactivate first and then, if there are items left we can look at bringing them back?"


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"No, do not worry Simon, the Redoubt is here in Korthos island, you will not need to face any Kellid tribe" she points then at the choker "Marw's people have already come to an agreement with us, so if any, you would have to represent the Society on making accomplishing the terms ensuring the scavengers cease their raids on the Scrap Heap"

Turning to Contessa Marw explains about the raiding parties "They come at diffaran moments. No patron. Day get pieces here and there. They leave no food for us chokers. Me don't know what they are, but well armed. Me people cannot fight them"

"I guess some kind of automatons" asserts Shevala.

"The safety of Absalom is top priority, of course. But I am sure you will be resourceful enough to accommodate both requests. I chose you for that" the woman looks almost defiant as she answers Contessa.

Marw turns to the pathfinders and says "Ya ready? Marw takes ya to da Forge entrance"

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

Vrald offers Tessa a low bow.

"The heat of combat I have no fear of. I was referring to the heat of the forges. You ask a good question though. Our primary mission is to stop the incursions, which will also protect Absalom. Our secondary objective is to return artefacts of interest, or at least note and ideall secure them for future expeditions."

He checks his understanding.

"I have a new blade on order, I will pick it up before heading off."

Will purchase a +1 adamantine longsword. Blows most of Vrald's cash, but sounds handy, and surely will be useful in the future too. Along with that he will get an ioun torch and a ring of protection +1

Scarab Sages

Male Human Exiled Blood Lord 6 | HP 45/45 temp: 10/10 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | F+5 R+2 W+3 (+1 fear) | Init +1 | Perc -1 | command 6/6 | touch 6/6 | bond 0/1

"I do not have the funds for an adamantine weapon so hopefully my magic will serve some use. Yes, I am ready. Lead us there, Marw."

Along the way, Khamul begins to ask his new companions about their previous experiences. "I am compiling my own volume of Pathfinder Chronicles but I do not wish every chapter to feature myself. Tell me of your own adventures and accomplishments!"

Khamul has the research specialist boon, so he is trying to hear stories he has not heard before. You just need to tell him about a scenario he has not played in and has not heard about from someone else. Please include the scenario name and your PFS number so I can note it on my sheet! Thanks!

games Khamul has played in and heard about already:

Khamul has played:
04-18 The Veteran's Vault
00-01 Silent Tide
00-24 Decline of Glory
05-01 The Glass River Rescue
00-23 Tide of Morning
05-12 Destiny of the Sands Part I
05-15 Destiny of the Sands Part II
05-16 Destiny of the Sands Part III
05-22 Scars of the Third Crusade
And he has already heard about:
03-01 The Frostfur Captives
00-14 The Many Fortunes of Grandmaster Torch
05-08 The Confirmation
04-SP The Ruins of Bonekeep: The Silent Grave
05-SP The Ruins of Bonekeep: Maze to the Mind Slave
04-15 The Cyphermage Deilemma


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

You and Marw find a group of mutant chokers waiting to greet you as soon as they step off the makeshift lift that brought you to the Scrap Heap. You are surprised by the organisation of the choker's group and their respect to their terms, despite some of them look at you suspiciously. Those creatures are usually individualistic and chaotic, so something has really influenced their nature here.

The entire Red Redoubt is built of a ruddy metal composed of iron and some other alloy unknown to most of you. Those of you with magical abilities, feel something as you enter, a small tickle and the strange feeling of power rising inside you.

Game effects:

Characters within the siege tower gain a +2 circumstance bonus on all caster level and concentration checks. (Note this is caster level checks like dispel magic or SR penetration, and not a plain bonus to caster level)

While you talk about your past adventures and make your guesses about what will you find ahead, the chokers patiently go with you, one of them asks "Wat is yaur people find so interesting of this place? Wy ya come here?"

Anyway, the group of chokers lead you without incident through the technological junkyard to a pair of gigantic skymetal doors that open to the Forge.

The pair of heavy, 15-foot-tall doors are labeled “Forge—Power Control Waste.”

"Dat is da place. Fram here scavengs come. We will not go further. Fram here ya go would have to go alone" says Marw to you pointing with his tentacled hands towards the doors.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human Female Human 134571-2| Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 52/52 | AC:20(R22) T:15(R12) FF:17 | CMD:23 CMB:+8 | F:+3 R:+9 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Panache: 4 | Charmed: 4/4 | Perception: +9
Vrald wrote:
The heat of combat I have no fear of. I was referring to the heat of the forges.

Tessa nods to Vrald. "Valid points. Perhaps it would be wise to pick up a few supplies if we expect the temperatures to be atrociously hot?"

What about Resist Energy, Endure Elements or Hot Weather Outfit. Think any of those would be worth picking up?

To Marw she responds, "I think we need to grab one or two things quickly, but then we shall be ready to depart. We won't be long."

As she turns to Khamûl a huge grin stretches across her face. She says, "Adventures you seek? Wwhhyyyy I can talk you ear off all day long. Let me tell you about the time we had to escort this sleepwalking Pathfinder through Fenwall Mountains of Varisia! It all started when we...". In animated fashion she recalls the highlights of her adventure of which Tessa was responsible for saving the party numerous times. The only point in the story where she was less than enthusiastic was when she takes her hat off and puts her across her heart. Her voice grows somber and she says softly, "We lost Bree that day, rest her soul. She fell and we couldn't save her." She stops for a moment, pausing before leaping back into her fanatically explanation of how she slew numerous foes and saved the day. Pathfinder Society Scenario #4–19: The Night March of Kalkamedes.

When led to the Power Control Waste she pulls out her adamantine blade and nods thanks to the chokers. "Let's do this."

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

"Just a second, my friends!" Simon raises his hand to get the party's attention. "I have certain preparations before entering dangerous areas."

Simon sizes up the rest of the group, noting their weapons, armor, and bearing. "My abilities include a form of hypnotism. I can use it to aid you, though I am only experienced enough to maintain two simultaneous 'triggers' at this time. My apologies." He looks to Vrald and Khamûl. "Vrald, from what I can tell, your armor and shield will serve well in protecting you. Khamûl, will you primarily be staying in the back of our formation with me? If so, I would like to place my Tricks on our frontline fighters."

He turns to Kujo and Contessa "If you'll allow me to use my hypnotism, I can help protect you. My magic will create mirror images of you when a foe attacks. Depending on their senses, it may confuse them and lead them to destroy an image instead." Simon thinks for a moment. "Alas, I should not forget my own defenses!"

Simon casts False Life (Level 2 Spell). False Life (Max 10): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Temporary HP for 7 Hours.

Although he's not entirely sure that danger is directly on the other side of the door, the spell lasts for 7 Hours. Likewise, his Tricks last all day. I hope it makes sense in-character! Also he needs consent to use his Tricks (not sure if that's entirely true, but I wouldn't have it otherwise). It has no negative effects on allies; only positive effects.

Grand Lodge

Male Human 43870-2 | Barbarian 6| HP 57 / 65 | Rage Used: 2/15 | AC 21 (R19) T 14(R12) FF 18 | CMD 23 CMB +11 | F +5 R +4 (+6 vs Traps) W +5 | Init +3 | Per +9; Int +10; Acro +11; Climb +10
Active Effects:
Fatigue

Kujo nods, most likely signaling consent.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

Simon places his hand on Kujo's shoulder. Simon's eyes glow brightly and begin to swirl. After a brief moment, they return to normal. "All set, my friend!"

I have implanted Mesmeric Mirror on Kujo. If I am within 170 feet of Kujo and not flat-footed or disabled, he will gain 2 Mirror Images the first time an enemy rolls an attack against him (including spells with attack rolls, but not automatic hits without an attack roll). These Mirror Images count for the triggering attack, and any remaining images persist for 7 Minutes (for further attacks). This is actually considered a Free Action that can be used outside my turn, and not an Immediate Action.

I'm sorry my character is weird!


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

As you open the doors, you find an strange circular room made of metallic walls and floor. There is nothing else in the room than a panel with two circular signs. One has an arrow pointing up, the other a similar arrow but this one pointing down.

Grand Lodge

Male Human 43870-2 | Barbarian 6| HP 57 / 65 | Rage Used: 2/15 | AC 21 (R19) T 14(R12) FF 18 | CMD 23 CMB +11 | F +5 R +4 (+6 vs Traps) W +5 | Init +3 | Per +9; Int +10; Acro +11; Climb +10
Active Effects:
Fatigue

The barbarian eyes the room warily. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Silver Crusade

F Human Female Human 134571-2| Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 52/52 | AC:20(R22) T:15(R12) FF:17 | CMD:23 CMB:+8 | F:+3 R:+9 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Panache: 4 | Charmed: 4/4 | Perception: +9

Looking to Simon she smirks, "Sounds like you're a useful one to have along then, thanks for looking out for my rear end. Please try to keep your eyes off it and focus on the task at hand though." She chuckles once to herself and spins back to the door as it's opened.

Tessa stands next to Kujo and eyes the room carefully, taking her time. Take 20 on perception for 20+9=29

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

Simon follows Kujo's lead and surveys the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

Simon looks puzzled "Ah, is that a yes to Hypnosis Tessa, or...?

If hypnotism is ok on Tessa, Simon will implant Mesmeric Mirror on her as well. If not, he will (only with consent) implant Gift of Will on Vrald. This allows Vrald to use my Will Save bonus (+11; additional +1 vs Fear and Confusion) in place of his own for one save. If not, Mesmeric Mirror on Khamul (assuming consent). Failing all that, Mesmeric Mirror on himself. :P He can still only have two at a time, so only one of these considering the Trick already on Kujo.


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The party carefully searches the room for a long time. Marw and the chokers look at them from the other side of the room "Anything unusual?"

There are no trace of the scavengers, secret door or trap around. The only meaningful trait you find in this circular metallic room is a panel with two circular signs. One has an arrow pointing up, the other a similar arrow but this one pointing down.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

"Venture-Captain Iorae said the invaders came from below. My best guess is that we press the arrow pointing down when everyone is ready."

Grand Lodge

Male Human 43870-2 | Barbarian 6| HP 57 / 65 | Rage Used: 2/15 | AC 21 (R19) T 14(R12) FF 18 | CMD 23 CMB +11 | F +5 R +4 (+6 vs Traps) W +5 | Init +3 | Per +9; Int +10; Acro +11; Climb +10
Active Effects:
Fatigue

Kujo draws his new sword...

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

Vrald readies his sword and shield and stands ready in front of the panel. He then reaches out and presses the down arrow.


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

As Vrald presses the down arrow, the doors get closed and the metallic ground starts to tremble. All of a sudden you have the feeling you are descending. Minutes later the sound ceases and the doors open to a trapezoidal chamber displaying signs of recent vandalism.

Battered red panels hang from single bolts, revealing exposed wires and structural supports. Glowing tubes flicker behind smashed translucent panes on the upper walls that intermittently emit showers of sparks. Opposite the elevator to the north, a set of thick double doors stands in the room’s shortest side at the south.

Some of you quickly realize a large, multi-legged iron made creature is attached to the ceiling through his feet. It addresses you in a cold, calm voice, saying, “Hello. Are you designated as maintenance units? Maintenance request—please assist. Open Forge power core access doors.
Please, think on this as robot voice! Check this sound file if you can

Will run this encounter without map

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

"Ahh, no." says Vrald.

"Are you in need of Maintenance? What seems to be the problem? Can we help anyway?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

"As my friend said, we are not maintenance units, but we still wish to help." Simon chimes in. "Can you tell us what's behind those doors? Is there a certain procedure to opening them?"

Diplomacy (Does it count as a separate check or as an Aid?): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

If it matters for Diplomacy, Simon does not currently have any weapons drawn.

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

Yes, certainly as the creature appears non threatening, Vrald will sheathe his sword. We should probably have worked out who has the best diplomacy in advance and be generally aiding them. Vrald can auto-aid another on Diplomacy (even rolling a 1) and it looks like Simon should probably be our lead unless someone has an even better diplomacy modifier

Scarab Sages

Male Human Exiled Blood Lord 6 | HP 45/45 temp: 10/10 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | F+5 R+2 W+3 (+1 fear) | Init +1 | Perc -1 | command 6/6 | touch 6/6 | bond 0/1

Phew, you guys are posting fast! Busy day yesterday painting but I'll keep up.

Khamul furiously jots down notes in his journal as Contessa weaves him a tale. "Yes, this is all very fascinating. Thank you!"

---

In the Forge standing before the robot, Khamul hesitates. He lets Simon speak with the robot as he announces, "I will see if magic will help open them," more to keep the robot from being alarmed than to let his companions know what he is doing.

detect magic
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Silver Crusade

F Human Female Human 134571-2| Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 52/52 | AC:20(R22) T:15(R12) FF:17 | CMD:23 CMB:+8 | F:+3 R:+9 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Panache: 4 | Charmed: 4/4 | Perception: +9

Dang, ten new posts overnight! I won't complain :)

Contessa does accept the implant from Simon. When asked if they are mainteance units she starts to say yes but is cut off by Vrald. She whispers, "I think we should have said yes, they are probably allowed to pass freely."


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"There is the entrance to the Forge power core" says the robot calmly in answer to Simon.

It then descends the vertical wall and moves very close to you "Request priority 1; override all previous designations. New designation: return with director unit Tig-0 to Forge power control station. Complication: main access route malfunction—please assist. Immediate objective: clear access route. Confirm new designation?
Clipped sound file

Khamûl is unable to feel any aura in the doors or the rest of the room past the magic of his companions.

Silver Crusade

F Human Female Human 134571-2| Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 52/52 | AC:20(R22) T:15(R12) FF:17 | CMD:23 CMB:+8 | F:+3 R:+9 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Panache: 4 | Charmed: 4/4 | Perception: +9

Tessa shrugs unapologetically. "Oorrrr not. S'pose you guessed right on that one. Well done." Speaking up for the robot she adds, "Yeah, sure, confirmed. We're on it." What the hell, why not?

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

Simon winces as the creature draws too close for comfort. Regardless, he takes no hostile actions towards the robot. "Who is Tig-0? What is obstructing the access route, and how can we clear it?"

Simon lowers his voice to a whisper as he addresses the party. "I hope we're not the obstructions they're talking about..."

Apologies for my posting speed! My friend told me to make sure that I don't leave people hanging too long in PbP. This is my first PbP, so I really don't want to mess up. :)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Exiled Blood Lord 6 | HP 45/45 temp: 10/10 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | F+5 R+2 W+3 (+1 fear) | Init +1 | Perc -1 | command 6/6 | touch 6/6 | bond 0/1

Speed is a good thing! I would rather have someone post too often than not post for several days. Just as long as you are letting other people take part in the adventure too and aren't dominating the action, it's fine.

Khamul also speaks up as confidently as he can, trying to match the robot's style. "Confirmed! What is needed to remove the obstructions and clear the access route?"

Silver Crusade

F Human Female Human 134571-2| Swashbuckler 6 | HP: 52/52 | AC:20(R22) T:15(R12) FF:17 | CMD:23 CMB:+8 | F:+3 R:+9 W:+3 | Init:+8 | Panache: 4 | Charmed: 4/4 | Perception: +9

I think your friend meant a few days not a few hours, you're fine! :)


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The robot turns towards Simon and says "“I am director unit Tig-0. My primary designation is oversight of Forge power control systems in service of Lord Karamoss.
Clipped sound file

Tig-0 points towards the southern doors and adds "Main access route unknown malfunction. Immediate objective: clear access route. Assist on designation."

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

Simon sighs with relief. "Oh, very good. Nice to meet you Tig-0. I'd be glad to help you clear the obstructions. I just need to confer with my associates."

He whispers to the party once again. "We should be careful. I'm not sure what the obstructions are, but I'm expecting combat. Shall we?"

Khamûl Unqualë wrote:
Speed is a good thing! I would rather have someone post too often than not post for several days. Just as long as you are letting other people take part in the adventure too and aren't dominating the action, it's fine.

Thank you Khamûl! I will try to structure my conversations and actions so as not to take anything away from other players.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Exiled Blood Lord 6 | HP 45/45 temp: 10/10 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 17 | F+5 R+2 W+3 (+1 fear) | Init +1 | Perc -1 | command 6/6 | touch 6/6 | bond 0/1

"Yes, but I think the first obstruction seems to be that we can't get through this door. Kujo, I see that you have an adamantine weapon. Do you think you could cut through the metal and make us a large enough opening to walk through?"

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

Vrald nods to the Director.

"Well, lord Tig, is the problem that the door won't open?"

Vrald looks around for another button.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"How long ago did the malfunction happen? Can you tell us what happened just before the.. malfunction?"

Vrald looks at his own adamantine weapon.

"We are supposed to try and keep as much intact as possible." he reminds the team.


Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

"Access not opening. Circuits functional. System unknown failure. Time failure unknown." says Tig-0 expanding a little bit on the reasons of the malfunction and what happened before it as Vrald asks about it “I reactivated on the level above four days ago. A system-wide callback signal has been issued, indicating that I must return to my station. Activation of Forge power systems without director unit oversight is against safety protocols. However, the main access route has malfunctioned, and I’m unable to return to my station. New designation—confirmation required: return with director unit Tig-0 to Forge power control station. Confirm new designation?
Clipped sound file

Vrald quick exploration results in no button found but a panel on the side of the frame has the shape of a palm, which takes his attention fast. A careful study of the doors indicates they are not trapped.
Perception 34 for Simon taking 20

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Human Mesmerist 7 (HP 62/66; AC:22; T:14; F:19; Fort:+9; Ref:+10; Will:+11 (+1 Fear, +1 Confusion); Init:+10; Perc+14; Tricks 6/8; L1 Spells 3/6, L2 Spells 0/4, L3 Spells 0/2; CLW Wand: 30/50 Charges)
Active Effects:
False Life

Simon hangs his head in shame, frustrated that he can barely understand the robot. "Good point, Khamûl. There is that strange panel that Vrald found. Should we press it? Also, would it be wise to confirm... whatever Tig-0 is talking about? Unfortunately, I rely on my charm rather than my wits."

Sovereign Court

NG Male Human HP 94/94; Reroll @+3 1/1; Fighter 9; AC 36 (normally 35) (+2 vs a crit confirm); FF 32; touch 15; Fort +9; Ref +6; Will +8; Perc +1; Init +2;

"Ahh, yes." says Vrald.

"New Designation accepted." he adds with a shrug.

Extending out his hand, he presses it against the palm print.

1 to 50 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Rutseg's #6-17: Fires of Karamoss [Tier 5-6] - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.