|Lord Fyre RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32|
IMHO These are the problems I am seeing. I am only including the APs with which I have direct experience.
Rise of the Runelords had two problems for me.
- First is a general "disconnectedness" between modules. (The Anniversary Edition tries to help with that, but still ... )
- Second is that The Hook Mountain Massacre grossed me out.
Curse of the Crimson Throne didn't appear to have any serious weaknesses (or I have an outstanding Game Master for that AP).
Second Darkness has one HUGE problem, and one minor one.
- The "bait and switch" in The Armageddon Echo is very serious. The Player Characters are expected to switch between self-centered Neutrals to self-sacrificing heroes with no explanation as to why they would do so.
- Also, A Memory of Darkness is just a weak scenario.
Council of Thieves has four weak links.
- Bastards of Erebus: Demiurge 1138 is completely right. I also jettisoned the first half of this book.
- The Six Fold Trial: The danger here is that the heroes might (understandably) refuse to perform in the murderplay. The GM needs to plan accordingly.
- The Infernal Syndrome: This book adds almost nothing to the AP's main plot, though it becomes important for Book 6.
- The Twice-Damned Prince: The actual plot of the CoT ends in Book 5 (Mother of Flies), so this book tries (lamely) to pick up on the theme introduced in the first half of Bastards of Erebus (and which had been ignored until this point). It doesn't help that it is also a weak scenario.