Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... (Inactive)

Game Master Lord Thasmudyan

The ultimate dungeon delve deep into the bowels of Maure Castle where the evil, insane and vile House Maure once dwelt. What secrets lay hidden in this once proud House's crumbling abode and what happened to the members of this House....


1 to 50 of 718 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

You have traveled for several weeks from Absalom at the behest of Venture Captain Kreighton Shaine and find yourselves deep within the western mountains of Cheliax. Before you set out he provided you with a guide and horses to get you to Maure Castle. A days ride from the castle your guide deserted the party his last words to the group warning of the vile evil of the place and telling you it would be better if you don't go there. You continued towards the castle all day wondering if this place could be as bad as everyone has made it out to be. Around sunset the clouds moved in and began pouring sheets of rain followed by harsh, cold wind while you are still a few miles from the castle. Finally around midnight you arrive at the castle a quick search of the walls outside the castle you come upon a tunnel After proceeding eastward for about ten minutes along a downward sloping passage, you come at last to a T intersection, with a short hallway continuing to the north and another leading south into darkness. A large eight-pointed star design has been chiseled into the stone floor at the intersection. The points of the star are entirely cleaned out, as if something is meant to be inset into the shallow depressions.

map


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"What in the name of Irori can these points being hollow mean?" Pendin muses aloud. He bends over and lightly touches the cleaned out point nearest the T junction at the northern side.


Malcom walks up to the star. He scratches his head and speaks out loud what he is obvoiusly meant to be thinking.

"Interesting. I wonder if the star means anything?"

He turns to the rest of the party.

"Would anybody be able to lend me the assistance of a Light spell? I'd hold a torch, but as you can see my arms will be full protecting the lot of you."

Malcom extends his arms out at his sides and puffs out his chest to make his chest armor stick out for somebody to place their hand uopn it.


Aelaeron chuckles to himself. Oh you humans, always needing something...

He reaches up and scratches the chin of the small dragon on his shoulder.

Luca, if you'd be so kind as to aid the young man?

The faerie dragon's thoughts are broadcast to the remainder of the group.

We really should be charging for this sort of thing boss. What would your wife say? Eh, if you insist...

Four pink globes surround Malcom, shedding light in a 20' sphere around him.

Dancing Lights

Now, about that star...

Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39
Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

On phone sorry for lack of formatting.

"I am perfectly happy to let you attract all the attention, makes it easier to sneak around." She casts light on his armor.

Edit, ninjad sry

"Can you tell you dragonette creature to not talk in my head please. It's creepy."
She says again for millionth time since setting out with a look of exasperation.


female human Cleric(of Shelyn) 17/Mythic 10 hierophant

Looks about now that their is some more light. she streches as she looks about, surveying the place and the others

"wish I wear dry" she flips down her pink cloaks hood and hums a bit looking at the others.


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chirinide Bends closer to a point on the star, examining the shape of the hole and comparing it to any she may have seen before.
K. Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


female human Cleric(of Shelyn) 17/Mythic 10 hierophant

She sighs and leans against the wall, pulling out the orange scarf sniffing it and looking back towards the entrance

Perception
(dice)1d20(20)+10= 30


female human Cleric(of Shelyn) 17/Mythic 10 hierophant

reposting roll Now that I have the commands better now

Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Aelaeron chants a few words while rubbing the crystal that hangs around his neck.

Cast Detect Magic

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Chirinide and Aelaeron

Spoiler:

Your checks and the close examination of the star although they don't reveal much about the star, you can tell this was some sort magical device. You would venture to guess as old as the Runelords. Aelaeron you specifically after casting Detect Magic can see the faint traces of conjuration magic that still linger in the hollowed out edges of the star. However, its clear to both of you that something used to be inset into the hollowed out star. It looks like something was removed forcefully. It also looks like it been a long time since this was done as a very thick layer of dust covers everything.

Zaldane

Spoiler:

You notices nothing from where you just came from as all the water that has run off of the party has ruined any traces of anything along the floors in that direction nor do you hear anything more than the soft echoing of the thunder and rain outside coming down the tunnel. From the southern hallway you notice some tracks leading toward the tunnel you just came down. The tracks look recent as not near as much dust has settled back into the tracks.

After having several spells cast on him, Malcom sparkles mightily and looks like a walking light bulb now. :)

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

says in a whispered voice I will stay a ways back from you my lighted friend, my work is better done from the shadows, I will not be hindered by you.

Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 +4 more for traps so 25 for traps

Stealth roll 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28


Chirinide the Half-Elf wrote:
She casts light on his armor.

Malcom smiles at Chirinide.

"Thankyou kind lady. I will use this light to Keep us all safe in our venture".

Drake wrote:
I will stay a ways back from you my lighted friend, my work is better done from the shadows, I will not be hindered by you.

He turnd to Drake and responds in an apologetic tone.

"Hindering you is not my intent. Some of us don't function as well in the dark though. I hope we can find some comfortable medium in which we can work together comfortably."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

from somewhere in the shadows comes a quiet whisper into Malcoms ear. I need light to see too, it is just not my friend when I do my "job" per say...


Aelaeron grins

Have no fear, we'll send the additional lights further ahead against any nasty surprises.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM
Drake Ghosthowl wrote:

says in a whispered voice I will stay a ways back from you my lighted friend, my work is better done from the shadows, I will not be hindered by you.

Perception 1d20 +15 +4 more for traps so 25 for traps

Stealth roll 1d20 +19

Drake

Spoiler:

You slink into the shadows and take a look around from your position. You detect no traps Drake but as with Zaldane you notice tracks along to the ground leading up from the southern tunnel your better vision tells you the tracks continue down the tunnel quite a ways down and further into the darkness.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin looks towards his now illuminated companion and says, "Well now, that's quite shine!" He looks at the rest while crouching near a hollow point, "Any of you know anything about this?"


Aelaeron nods at Pendin. The star is most likely Thassilonian, conjuration magic, specifically, but there are missing elements. Should they be replaced, it could function. As to what that function might be, I cannot say at this time. Hopefully, more will be revealed as we venture further in.

Aelaeron casts Mage Armor on himself, and then prepares one of his Pearls of Power with the spell.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

voice from the shadows there are tracks coming up from the southern tunnel, they looks like they are coming from a long way down. I would like to go scout it it if you would agree to it. I will call back from there if I find something...

I am going to be gone for most of the rest of the day the kids are taking me out for fathers day


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin stands up, "Thank you Aelaeron". Taking great care not to step on the star, Pendin steps into the T junction and walks five feet to the north. He takes a look down the hallway to see what is down it...

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28


female human Cleric(of Shelyn) 17/Mythic 10 hierophant

Zaldane looks at the others and readies her glaive, after tying her scarf about her neck a faint smile across her face. So this star radiates conjuration magic... grips her silver holy symbol may the divine grace of the Eternal Rose bathe you all in her loving embrace
casting Bless
Bless

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Pendin you go north while the rest of the party seems to be looking south and realize there not but a wall there with nothing interesting about said wall then you realize you should probably be heading in the opposite direction so you head toward the southern tunnel which is slightly illuminated by Malcom you can see that the tunnel leads down 60 feet before being bathed in darkness again and the tunnel seems to slope down a bit.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Thanks to Zaldane the party feels blessed (everyone gets +1 on attack rolls and savs vs fear for the next 12 mins). Aelaeron you feel more defensive after casting mage armor. Drake slips down the southern tunnel silently.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

after moving another 30ft I am going to check for some traps. 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23 +4 more for traps

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Drake

Spoiler:

As you go 30 ft down the tunnel you notice much as Pendin did that the tunnel slopes down. After about 30 ft you check around the ground and walls the light is getting dim at this range but you are sure there are no traps. You can tell the tunnel continues down quite a bit further but can't see much more than 30 ft past you.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

I am going to wait till some of the other party members with lights come down a little further and when I can see a little better move ahead 15ft and wait and look and listen for anything odd

percp 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin hurriedly catches back up to the party, "There doesn't seem to be anything back to the north." He claps Malcolm on the shoulder and says, "I'll walk with you friend to be illuminated as you are." After walking 60 feet he looks down the tunnel intently...
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chirinide casts darkvision on herself, then stealthily heads down to offer Drake the same before taking up reargaurd.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Most of the party moves down the southern tunnel closer to where Drake had moved down. Chirinide cast darkvision on Drake and herself. Pendin when you and Malcom move down to where Drake is you can see that tunnel continues still further after 60 feet when darkness envelopes the tunnel beyond.

Drake

Spoiler:

You move 15 ft away from the party after they move up and Chirinide cast the spell on you. When you slip into the shadows and down the tunnel your vision can see perfectly in the darkness that the tunnel ends after another 50 feet beyond your position and seems to open up to a room that after 10 more feet is too dark for you to see anything further.

map

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Whispers down to chirinide and says yes dark vision sounds like a great idea to me . Comes out of the shadows till she casts the spell on me and then slips back into the shadows

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

"Oops, sorry Drake, I didn't see you there!" Pendin says as he almost walks into Drake, "Do you see anything down the passage that is untoward?"

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Pendin, it is okay and nothing yet I have not seen anything at this point. I am checking though and I am warning you and the rest please watch your step I have a bad feeling about this.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Drake

Spoiler:

You continue down the tunnel again. You get to the end of the tunnel and the it opens up into a room 15 feet long and 30 feet wide across from the tunnel exit are these massive doors each are 4 feet wide and made of 2-
foot-thick iron and wood. The doors and floor in front of them are scraped and scratched, as if someone had unsuccessfully tried to force them open. You seem to think that they open inward, but even this is debatable.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

searching the door and the surrounding areas for traps and secret
passageways 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38
added the plus four in this time

One I get the results I will let the team know what I find

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Drake

Spoiler:

you detect no traps but the doors seem pretty solid and you find no way to open them from this side


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

How high is the ceiling Lord Thasmudyan

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

Quietly whispers mmmm....

slowly starts walking back to the rest of the party, I am going to past the party unseen and go back to the north and check out that area over there..
Perception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

Lord I am adding in my lens of detection, I keep forgetting to add it

if there is nothing at the this end that we can open, I should check the otherside. I am not sure on what is going on here yet.... hmmm... I am going search the whole area now. I missed something..

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Drake as with Pendin when you go back up the tunnel to where the star is and go past it to the northern "tunnel" it ends abruptly at a blank wall after 5 feet. You search the wall which reveals nothing out of the ordinary.

Pendin the ceilings are about 20 feet.


Malcom will remain at or around Pendins side at the front of the party.

My internet is down and my phone can't load the maps so I'm having a hard time with what things look like around here. This should be fixed up by tomorrow.


Frozen Stream Human Monk/12

Pendin looks at the massive doors. He wonders if he can hear anything on the other side...

Listening Perception check 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29


female human Cleric(of Shelyn) 17/Mythic 10 hierophant

seeing that the other party members moved she cast light on her glaive and moves forward slowly to follow, her free hand flipping up her pink hood


F Half-Elf Were-Tigress

Chirinide looks for any reliefs, carvings, pictures, banners, etc, particularly on and around the door. She leaves detect magic on during her search, and casts light on her needle, revealing it for light only as needed.

Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

If she finds nothing down here then she will cast spider climb and check the ceiling and upper walls for anything, including secrets.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Gelik stops briefly and uncorks a small silver flask, then closes his eyes and gulps its contents. For a moment he stands still, shaking in a slight tremor. When he opens his eyes again, the irises are almost completely gone, replaced by widened pupils.
Crypt breaker's draught - Darkvision 60ft and +4 Perception for the next 2 hours.
He then hurries forward to assist Drake in scouting.
I'll just take 10 in Perception if I may. My modifier is +22, and additional +6 vs. traps. Trap Spotter - Whenever I come within 10' of a trap, the GM secretly rolls for me to find it.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Ranger 3 || HP 32/32 || AC 16, T 13, FF 13, CMD 17 || F +5, R +6, W +1 || Per. +6, Init +5

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27
perception + lens +traps

Searches the whole area where we can see at the moment doing it quiet slowly going over every area


Aelaeron takes care to examine to the north and south using detect magic

perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM

Drake and Gelik nothin is found via trap search, the walls contain no secret exit/entrances. The only thing of note are the two massive doors

Pendin you hear nothing coming from the otherside of the door.

Chirinide and Aelearon

Spoiler:

Chirinide, You find nothing unusual about the room except the doors which radiate a massive amount of magic though you can't tell what type as their are so many overlaping types on the door. All you can tell is that there are several types of different wards on these doors.

Aelearon
Nothing unusual or strange about the north wall doesn't radiate magic of any sort. The door on the other hand you notice the same as Chirinide radiates a ton of magic. You can tell do to your specaility in conjuration that majority of it is wards that prevent magical attempts to open the door and that they were cast by powerful mages much more powerful than you.


Hmmm, Aelaeron muses. There are some powerful wards on that door that prevent it from being opened by magical means. I'm not sure what will happen when we open that door, but we may want to select one of our quicker members to try it while the rest of us wait around that last corner... He grins cheerfully, Any volunteers?

Then again, first things first. We'll have to get the blasted thing open.

Aelaeron concentrates his detect magic on the door and attempts to determine more about it.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31


Chirinide the Half-Elf wrote:
She leaves detect magic on during her search, and casts light on her needle, revealing it for light only as needed.

If you cast light it will override the spell you cast on my armor and I will be blind

Malcom steps up to the door, shields at the ready.

I won't volunteer, but I will ready myself for whatever is on the other side as their protector.

I could attempt to get past the doors break DC...


Malcom Eviscerator wrote:
Chirinide the Half-Elf wrote:
She leaves detect magic on during her search, and casts light on her needle, revealing it for light only as needed.

If you cast light it will override the spell you cast on my armor and I will be blind

Malcom steps up to the door, shields at the ready.

I won't volunteer, but I will ready myself for whatever is on the other side as their protector.

I could attempt to get past the doors break DC...

I put dancing lights around you, my familiar is keeping them around you. You should have enough light to see.

Cheliax

Male Human 666th Lvl Evil DM
Aelaeron Beast-Caller wrote:

Aelaeron concentrates his detect magic on the door and attempts to determine more about it.

Aelaeron

Spoiler:

You spend a moment concetrating on the door and its magics after observing the ebb and flow of the magics of this door you are certain about of a couple of things. Although the wards protect the door and prevent attempts to open the door via magical or phyiscal it doesn't seem to set off any sort of offensive spell if the attempt is made but you are sure both will fail without a doubt. You think you may however be able to circumvent the door entirely by using some other magic that does not effect the door directly or indirectly itself.

1 to 50 of 718 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Darkness Below Maure Castle.... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.