Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Star Wars The Broken Empire

Game Master Shanosuke

Our group of "Heroes" are attempting to aid The Emperor's Daughter Mirianna Palpetine in rebuilding the broken empire to it's former glory.


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,895 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor's Hunt continues:

"Well, it's interesting, I suppose," the trooper says, looking at the rocks, "but it sure isn't helpful right now..." With a sigh, he sits down for a moment, wondering how to go about from here.

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
And some other things, just in case they're worth anything.
Profession (soldier): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Knowledge (tactics): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Knowledge (other stuff): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
(Figuring out maybe where is a good place to attack or whatnot; where would animals go?


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Karval -Hunter or hunted?:

The solitary figure leaves the camp heading West, the bright and confident strides soon move to more cautious gait. 'I have little wood-craft.'

Bare-chested, with the dark tribal whorls painted upon his body he slips into the woods. Mind awash with plans, 'Lure the largest creature I can find into an ambush, rig my energy cells to explode. Just to enhance my chances - because if it's anything like the last one.... That took me down in 2 swipes of it's claws.' He moves deeper into the forest, 'I could give it some game filled with anaesthetic, no that's wrong.'

In the distance the Mandolorean sees the dark shadow of the mountain, imposing and Karval moves towards it guessing that the wilder animals will be there. He had asked around the camp before hand about the totemic creatures, but now he was experiencing it.

Do I roll each skill for each site? (Not that I have any of the skills) And can I get above 10 for any of the Knowledges?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Zaleos:

The Tallest Malaki female stands up. She is around six foot eight inches and towers over Zaleos. She is physically well built with tight and tone features. War paint dons her bare skin. Her long brown hair is tied into a segmented ponytail. She has one blemish, a large harsh looking scar on her abdomen just below her bottom right rib. ”Malukari Zaleos, I am Malubada Harani. To keep ganeries full we must hunt and forage. It is your responsibility to make sure granary stays within acceptable range. You best check it and see if it is there now. If not, we await you command to hunt. You lead us to hunt and forage and we bring back food for granary.” She bows to you and sits back down. The other Maluwan sit at the table watching you. You get a hit of curiosity from their gazes. It is quite possible this is the first time they’ve been led by an outsider, or a blind one at that.

Nichos:

You make your way into the dense jungle. Cover is an understatement as the giant roots of the trees provide many places to duck and hide for one of your size. You progress through the forest for several hours but find little in your initial search.
I need the following checks:
Perception, Survival, Intelligence, World Lore, Wilderness, Appraise, Acrobatics, and Stealth. If you do not roll for any of these it counts as a score of 0. Even the score of 10 may yield results.Make sure you look at the info dump I uploaded into the discussion thread. You are free to use that to help you.

Arana:

The interior of the long house smells like a barn. Though there are more hides and skins than actual animals. There are at the moment four other beast masters in the house. It is large and roomy with enough space for personal privacy. Three of the four beast masters present are female. One approaches you. ”I am Haruki Monoki. You outsider Haruki right?” Monoki stands six foot eleven. She is very well built with her dark hair tied into a thick and strong looking braid.

Janitor:

You spend several hours collecting information.
Survival: You find that some large creatures have frequented the area around the rocks.
Perception: You can make out very little in the way of stand out details.
Soldier Military training does a bit to prepare for survival. Remember that unlike sentient foes, creatures are not quite as clever but they are also not as predictable.
Tactics: You guess the best way to take on the maker of the large tracks you would need to find a way to get the drop on it, soften it up a bit. This could be from leading it to another equally dangerous creature and picking off the winner. The Malaki said corpses don’t count but if by your intervention the creature becomes injured by some means, it counts in your favor. Also, fighting such a large creature you’d want to find a place you can attack from but the thing won’t reach you. You also recall ambushes and traps are perfectly fine. It is better to use other methods to weaken the creature so you can finish it by hand. This is the important part.
Other Stuffs: Your knowledge fails you 
You now have a potential prey and a lot of ideas on how to take it down. Whatever made those tracks is big but with only a 10 survival, you only gain an idea. You can reattempt the survival and perception checks. These will go a long way in helping you take on something normally out of your league. Though you may not have considered it before, you do know that the Malaki rely on the force for their hunt. You could give it a try to help you complete your task. In mechanics all players have force points wether the player is force sensitive or not. You have four. This will grant you an additional 1d6 to whichever checks you make. I recommend you use them for this hunt. They will help you get the most out of this….as long as the dice are on your side. So your survival and perceptions can be 1d20+1+1d6 for one force point each. Consider it.

Karval:

Yes each result for each location. Also, you can use poisons and other methods as long as it isn’t what kills the creature. Refer to the info dump in the Discussion for an idea of how to proceed.


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor's 'Hunt':

I'd seen Force Points being used, but wasn't sure if they worked the same as in Saga. Thanks for the tip!

Janitor ponders over the tracks and his own thoughts for a while, frowning and furrowing his brow. Something big, I should trap it.... or ambush... maybe lead it to something else?...

"Bah!" the trooper grunts, turning away and moving to the rocks. He sits and unslings his carbine for a moment. Breathing deeply, the warrior closes his eyes and lets his mind flow, turning his fate to the winds...

When he reopens them, Janitor feels almost more perceptive, as though some power is flowing through him. He walks over and re-examines the tracks.

Survival w/ FP: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 1 + (4) = 15
Perception w/ FP: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 1 + (6) = 20


Zaelos's scene:
Zaelos nods in acknowledgement to the stunning female. He represses a wave of desire for the woman as he replies to her, "A wise decision Malubada Harani. I will check on the granary now." He then uses his Force Sight to scan the contents of the granary. "It appears to me the level in the granary is unacceptable to me. Therefore we will hunt now." He turns his sightless gaze to Harani, "As you have seen I have an advantage which will be of aid during our hunt. Are the members of our squad ready to get started?"


Arana's story:
"Greetings,Haruki Monoki. It is an honour to meet you. I am indeed the outsider Haruki." Arana says with a slight bow. "I understand this is to my home?"


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

jungle fever:
Computer Use (general aid) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Survival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4+1 from Arana
Intelligence 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
World Lore 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Alien Lore 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Wilderness 1d20 ⇒ 5+4(if Int) or +2(if Wis); not sure which applies
Appraise 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Acrobatics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
luck reroll (stealth) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Nichos is basically looking for his standard stock in trade, knowledge. Ruins, remains of lost expeditions/hunters, tech, anything that enhances understanding and knowledge would do at this point. He may be on what views on a primitive quest, but that doesn't mean he plans on abandoning his strengths.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

On the Hunt:
Karval spends a few hours walking towards the mountains figuring out what he is to do. 'To cross it is to invite delay and for what?' he thinks, then slowly remembers the trip over. 'Plain, swamp & rock formation - well that would have meat, saurian predator & maybe some lore; respectively. But it would be impossible to bring back food or a young creature...

"Darn decisions..." he exclaims rather loudly. He doubles his pace, despite his lack of survival skills. 'Yes, I could climb it, although I used my grapel getting here. But would be hard to bring one of the herd back across.'

Decision made, that he was looking for at least 1 magnificent beast to test his skill against; maybe some young or if it's a herd animal then to lead the others back (after removing the Bull); then maybe some ancient information and history at the ruins.

Base of Mountain - On the journey to the mountains Karval fiddles with his energy cells, trying to rig them into a demolition device. Not intended to kill the animal but to put it off guard so that he can conquer a powerful creature. (And maybe stabilise it if it falls, so that he could bring it back alive!)
Know (Wilderness Lore): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Know (Biology): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Know (History): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Know (World Lore): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 +1 if I can use Alien Species?
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Handle Animal: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Forest - Karval knows how deadly the forests are, he tries to find a site for ambush. Potentially to find a defensible place, or some game.
Know (Wilderness Lore): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Know (Biology): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Know (History): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Know (World Lore): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 +1 if I can use Alien Species?
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Handle Animal: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Nearby Ruin - After a quick scout of the area, to ensure it's security, the Mandolorean decides to properly document the area. Whilst he walks about the ruins, Karval will be cautious and try to take out the Data-pad recording (it he can) what he finds.
Know (Wilderness Lore): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Know (Biology): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Know (History): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Know (World Lore): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 +1 if I can use Alien Species?
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Handle Animal: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Janitor:

You feel something bring visions. Perhaps this is the force which Jedi speak so highly of.

Survival: You find a pattern in the tracks.

Perception: You find a good place to set up an ambush and is you have knowledge Architect, Engineering, Tactics, and a either a decent repair check or a really good survival check, or some explosives along with a demolitions check. Explosives would be the easiest bet if you have the demolitions while survival will require the highest roles. Once you have decided on your course of action and made your rolls, we will begin your first of 3 encounters.


Zaleos:

Harani nods. ”Yes we are ready to hunt whenever you are.” You need to make me survival and diplomacy checks. You may also attempt gather info or wilderness lore checks to aid you in leading this hunt. Also with your unique abilities you can attempt a force sense check to simply use the force to guide you wherever you need to go.

Arana:

Monoki nods. ”Only beastmasters permitted to live here. Your roll will be to help us train and monitor the beasts.” She leads you to the pens and kennels. This area is vast with many assortment of creatures. Also, many sizes and variants. The number of beasts present is staggering. Almost as many as there are Malaki themselves. Monoki gesutres. ”This here are the training grounds for our beasts. We manage all of them. I will help you get acquainted with our customs and methods since you are new to our culture. We will make you into a proper beastmaster.” You can continue some dialog but for the most part a training montage begins. You can make a knowledge wilderness or World lore or handle animal checks please.”

Nichos:

You do reasonably well at navigating the ruins.
Comp use: Reception is tricky but you find some generic info on resources of value to primitive tribes.
Gonna sum up your results a bit.
Overall you manage, after a couple of days, manage to locate a good sized boneyard not too far from the ruins. Your appraise will show that many of bones here contain a variety of valuable animal bones the primitives can make use of for building materials and armor and so on. It is a sizeable deposit of bone. However, the field is littered with a scavenger creatures. It would be difficult to procure valuable bones. You need to make knowledge Tactics, and/or alien checks, survival, handle animal, perception, and comp use checks. You may also make an intelligence check as well. Or you can present your own creative ideas if you wish.

Karval:

base of mountain: A good many creatures live in caves and on the mountain side. Also a good place to set up clever avalanche tactics. There could also be precious metals and or rocks.
Forest:
The forest is rich with game however the likelihood of running into a prize worth a good post is slim. You know historically that the Malaki of this region hunt these forests frequently. Finding quality game here will be tricky. Best to start somewhere not frequently touched.
Ruins:
You know little of the ruins but Tracks and your knowledge of animals suggests that a reasonably nice size beasty has wondered in. Judging by the tracks it is a good size predator most likely a mammal of some sort. However, it would be too challenging to take head on.


Male Mandalorean Soldier (Sharpshooter)

Janitor's Plan:
Finally, skills he has and can put to good use! Haha.

The trooper feels the strange Force moving through him, and while he isn't sure what he's tapped into, he knows it's powerful and guiding. Thank whatever it is, he thinks, bending down to investigate the tracks and looking at what he's now noticed.

"Hm... If I set up there, and rig those rocks and the tree to blow... And wait here... Yes, this could work.

Knowledge (Tactics): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Survival for the lulz: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Taking 10 on the Demolitions check for a 20 total--Janitor doesn't like leaving explosives up to chance.

"Let's hope this works.

Ideally, Janitor will rig his ambush, then find a high, semi-hidden spot to fire down from, so he can deal the most possible damage to his foe before having to go into melee combat.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

jungle fever continues:
Knowledge (tactics) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 + 1d6 ⇒ 3FP
Knowledge (alien lore) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Computer Use 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Intelligence 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11+1d6 ⇒ 2FP
Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Nichos watches from the edge of the boneyard for a while planning his next step. After he takes some time to scope it out and figure out how to avoid the larger scavengers, he moves in to get a closer look and find some choice samples that Arana can use to make some possible new armor and/or weapon designs he's found with the help of his datapad.

He'll fight smaller, individual scavengers if he needs to, and he has a couple of stun grenades to deal with larger groups of scavengers. Basically, he's not afraid of using skirmish tactics to fight the scavengers, but will avoid getting drawn into a drawn out melee fight if he can.


Zaelos Hunt:
Zaelos nods, Very well then, let's go" He cannot help but focus his gaze on the attractive woman a few seconds longer than is proper.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Survival 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Force Sense 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Arana's Story:

Walking with Monoki, Arana shares with her what she knows of her homeworld's resident monster , the Rancor, and her people's methods of training them.

Knowledge Wilderness 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Knowledge World lore 1d20 ⇒ 16
Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Mandolorean Soldier

On the Hunt:

Is it alright doing it this way or would you prefer them consecutively?
Base of the Mountain
As he approaches the shadow of the mountain, a biting wind blows and the man pulls his cloak about him to stave off the worst of the elements. His hair whips in the breeze, a calm descends upon his features.

'Many a cave lies here - some occupied others not.

There might also be ores and metals amongst it's peaks and seams to be found. Now I cannot really mine, but to find a seam or search the river beds.'

He walks about the scree slopes and caves searching for minerals, using his data-pad for reference. Checking out if they have any special properties that he can detect. Comp Use: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Into the mountains and the caves he searches; whilst doing this the gladiator gets out his energy cells and opens up the minimal data pad cannibalising what he needs to create a small charge. Just enough to cause a rock-fall or to put a limp to a monster. Repair: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

He checks the scree-slopes for precious minerals, together with river banks and then moves into the caves to have a inspection.

Forest

Knowing all creatures need water and the larger creatures will need more of it. However in the depths of the forests, the largest mammals would not be found - least they destroy the trees. Instead there would be the cunning and vicious hunters, few significantly larger than a bear.

'This might be to my advantage.' thinks the Mandolorean as he moves further into the depths. 'A predator, that relies on cunning, strength and a smaller frame would be more possible for me to defeat than a gargantuan hulk relying on getting close & brute strength.' Karval follows the river, keeping a look out for herds of animals.

Moving deep into the forest, the gladiator hopes to go from the beaten path to where he might find good hunting.

Ruins

Karval walks around the ruins, documenting everything. Checking the ruins for markings and the heritage, he makes sure to take pictures of the eerie ruins. So devoid of life, where there once would have been a bustle. It has an ill-favoured look to the structure, that there is a huge creature roaming around.... Who knows if it's a predator.

I take it that the size indicates the creature is too large to even have a hope of winning. For the task is to take down as large a creature as possible :P

'Can I find the creatures lair, find it's young and take it back to the tribe? Is it right to do this?' he wonders. But then he realises the tribe, his future tribe will take care of the young. For every creature has to fight to live and with the Malakai he would live well and live strong. Maybe the beast would help free the people and bring justice to the land.

Quietly he moves through the ruins, documenting and in search of a lair. Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Then an idea hits him; [i]'I find a small creature, I can coat it's gizzard in a draught of anaesthetic liquid feed it to the youngster. Thus enabling it to rest and calmly awake to its new Mandolorean friend.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Janitor:

I’m going to do a couple of rolls for you to save time.
You manage to position explosives and set up an ambush. Overall it takes a couple of days but you finally get a hit.

Five days into your hunt you are positioned to take on quite a beast. A gargantuan monster makes it’s way to your trap. It is now lined up. You may execute your trap and attack the monster if at this time if you wish. I have you high on the rock formation and there are several crevasses you can use to keeping the monster from getting at you easily.

The monster before you is a gargantuan quadrapedal monster with two arms on its torso

Your turn to make your move.


Nichos:

Your successes yield you:
You are sure these creatures are in fact, dangerous, but incredibly skittish. None are too much bigger than four feet in height and six feet long but they could still be dangerous. The best bet would be to drive them off with explosives, a nice sizable piece of meat, or a larger predator. Or you could try and kill them all off. A tedious, long, and dangerous task but one that may yield great prestige in the long run.

Ultimately, your goal would be to bring back as much of a prize as you can. With your datapad you are able to identify the best pieces and if you can manage a good harness, you could drag a good haul of valuable pieces back to the tribe thus ending your hunt. The fight itself might be worth something given the size of some of these things.

You are able to deduce it would be possible to kill any of these scavengers individually. The boneyard has plenty of places for you to hide and sneak around. Hit and run would be the best way to clear them out as well, even take back a head or two in addition to some good bones is sure to gain you a lot of credit. Again, if you have explosives, traps, or a distraction would be a good way to deal with them.

Let me know how you would like to proceed. Your best guess is that there are around 20-30 scavengers in all with at least five big ones. There are those as small as a medium dog as well.


Zaleos:

Your hunt takes two days with you guys camping out for one night. So far your haul of vegetation and wild game is quite good. Dice bot seems to like you in this role. After a successful first day, the group opens with celebration. Music and dancing take place. Harani and the other Malaki females do some rather provocative dancing themselves, style akin to belly dancing. The males play a variety of instruments or simply clap along.

The Malaki seem to approve of your leadership and do exceptionally well at taking your orders and even helping with your unfamiliarity of customs, tactics, and the wildlife. After the celebrating is over, fires are put out and the group makes camp with the men on watch.

If you wish any roleplay during this part of the hunt, feel free. The Malaki are very friendly with you so you should be able to get a good chat. Keep it simple though.


Arana:

As you have experience with beasts like the rancors, you find it very difficult to adapt to the monsters of this world. Struggling a little bit in handling such beasts. You nearly lose your arm to one such monster attempting to train it.

After a long day of working with animals, you return to the longhouse exhausted. Next day roles around and work carries on as normal. Make the three rolls again 


Karval:

It will take you the whole two weeks to scout all three sites and produce a random encounter for each. We should keep them one at a time.

You scout the mountain first and begin to move up and down the crags looking for signs of anything out of the ordinary.

Make me a Survival, Perception, Handle Animal, Appraise, Wilderness Lore, Alien Lore, World Lore, and climb check for this location only.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

jungle fever:
His recon done, Nichos swings into action.

Phase 1
Establish a small, defensible base camp using his own knowledge, his trusty datapad, and resources from the jungle and boneyard.
Knowledge (tactics) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Computer Use 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Survival (to gather supplies) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Survival (to set up camp) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Phase 2
Build a sled and a lot of rope; lay in a supply of spare meat for use in phase 3 by hunting the smaller game of the nearby jungle.
Craft 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Phase 3
Make about half a dozen trips into different parts of the boneyard, securing choice bones, and setting up a series of traps (put together with pits, bones, rope, meat, and whatever other materials he can lay his hands on) to try to kill as many of the scavengers as possible; also killing any small scavengers he comes across on their own; securing each load in his base camp after each trip
Stealth 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Computer Use 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 to help design traps
Knowledge (tactics) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 to help place traps
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 to trap scavengers
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 to hunt scavengers
Lucky reroll (perception) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Phase 4 (here's where things get interesting)
Once he has secured a sled full of loot, and or is running out of time, he takes the gamble; he sets up a series of traps equal to the number of stun grenades he has, using half of the remaining meat and whatever other tricks he has learned thus far from trapbuilding, to try to capture and tame one of the larger scavengers as a beast of burden for the sled
Computer Use 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 to find a good design for this kind of trap
Knowledge (tactics) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 to aid in placing these traps
Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 to hopefully stun and capture a suitable creature
Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 to tame and control creature long enough to get back to the Malaki camp (using the remaining meat to help him)
Lucky reroll + fp (Handle Animal) 1d20 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (7) + (2) + 3 = 12 + meat + rope + Knowledge (nature or whatever the Star Wars equivalent is) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 aiding

This is going to be a close one, but no one can say Nichos doesn't shoot for the moon.


Zaelos celebration:
Zaelos leans back in his seat watching the undulations of the undeniably attractive females, especially Harani. He felt a sense of appreciation for all she had done for him. Thoughts of his love Yallie flitted through his mind and interfered with his present thoughts though. His imagination did tend to run wild at times, he thought wryly. Would it be insulting to NOT take a mate here? I still am not sure. I could not offer my heart to them as it is held by another...

He smiles at Harani in thanks "I just wanted you to know I appreciate your assistance in helping me with your customs and also showing me details of the flora and fauna here. I am not very skilled as a hunter, yet you have shown me a great deal."


Arana's Story:

Frustrated and embarrassed by her failure, Arana felt the tug of the dark side of the Force, its invitation to give into her anger and fear. She had done so before back on Dathomir, choking the life from a couple invading Imperials, but here she denied the seductive power offered to her...if she surrendered... But such an act would certainly offend the noble Malakai; a notion that offended her and gave strength to her resolution to continue and learn what they offered.

Knowledge Wilderness 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Knowledge World Lore 1d20 ⇒ 13
Handle Animal 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Hunt:
Carefully Karval climbs the crags and scree slopes of the dark mountain. His cold weather cloak wrapped around him. Keeping an eye out for ores and other interesting structures.

His mighty thew heave him up, whilst he looks out for good ambush sites. Bottlenecks and ledges - or even straight bowl arena's. For he is a gladiator he has stood toe-to-toe with mighty creatures, blade in hand.

'If only I was attuned to the force I may be able to detect more. The way the Malakai seem to revere Jedi, shows that they would appreciate force crystals.' the Mandolorean wonders, having heard of them but no idea what they look like.

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 - Can I suppliment it with my Acrobatics/3?
Know (Wilderness Lore): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Know (Biology): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Know (World Lore): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Know (Alien Lore): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Perception:: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Handle Animal:: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos:

You set about several days worth of work playing games with the scavengers. For the most part you are successful. Occasionally you manage to take out a smaller scavenger here and there.
Many of the traps you design do the trick as far as controlling the scavenger’s movement. You are able to move about unimpeded by the monsters.

After some time you manage to get a good amount of supplies for the sled. You are however, unable to tame a beast to pull it. You have enough resources but the issue is pulling it. You will need to make several strength checks to determine how long it will take you to return the sled to the tribe.

At the point you are ready to return with your haul, it has been seven days of toiling. Now it is time to drag the sled back to the tribe. Given distance and the weight of the sled, it could take anywhere from four to nine days. This does not include the possible encounters you may face, A decent beast of burden could reduce the travel time to two to five days. However, it would require another two days to attempt another handle animal to acquire a more docile beast to pull your sled.

Alternatively you can attempt to drag the sled back yourself by making six consecutive strength checks. It is your choice. Taking two days is no guarantee you’ll get a beast of burden but it will guarantee a loss of two days. You have two weeks to return and acquiring your haul cost you one week already. Failure at strength could cost you in time especially since strength isn’t your strong suit. Choose wisely. FP is usable on any check. Consider it and lucky.

P.S. your haul is enough by your calculations to earn you quite some prestige.


Zaleos:

Harani smiles. ”You are a blind man who sees much. Lack of sight seems to be your greatest strength. I admire such strength. To overcome weakness and to achieve such success, I am honored to serve under such capable Malukari like you.” The other Malubada stand and do a some Malaki display of respect where they kneel and extend their arms and flex them in a manner that show they are offering you their uncheck strength and ability to you unconditionally. As best you can tell, this is the ultimate offering of loyalty. Shocking these primitive people have committed to you so fully.

Arana:

Your additional work goes a bit better especially since you are showing your ability to handle animals better than earlier. It is taking some time to get used to the unusual. You gain a free rank in handle animal.

One day while working with one of the “smaller” herd animals, small meaning about seven feet tall, you are tending to the their food and you notice a reptilian humanoid slinking around the beasts food granaries.


Karval:

World lore tells you that it is possible to find force crystals in a mountain setting such as this one. Being in-tuned to the force would definitely aid you in finding one and they would yield prestige in the tribe. However, you can expend your entire two weeks to attempt to find one. It would be most rewarding however, you could waste your entire two weeks searching. It is a gamble with tremendous results if you choose to take it. If you have FP, that would help immensely.

As you struggle to climb along the mountain side you spot something. A large Ape-like creature clinging to the mountainside seems to spot you at work trying to make your way. The best snarls and howls at you baring it’s claws and teeth. It is standing about eight feet tall and seems to be taunting you. Your alien knowledge tells you this beast is physically more powerful than it appears, also you are sure it is a predator. Killing it and taking its head would likely yield a good amount of prestige in the tribe. Alternatively, you could turn away and look for a force crystal which would still be a much greater prize. Your choice.

If you wish to Take the beast I need a plan of action spelled out.
To take the crystal search, I need Survival, 4 climb checks, world lore, Appraise, and three perception checks. Then I need to know how many days you wish to spend. It has already taken you two days to get to this point and would likely take you two days to get back. You have two weeks to return with a prize.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

jungle fever still:
Nichos will take the time to try to find another beast of burden, not being one to give up easily.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23+1d6 ⇒ 4(FP)


Arana's Story:

Gently guiding one of the smaller animals towards its feed trough, the animal momentarily stumbles and over its shoulder Arana sees a figure moving near the granary; not Malakai.

Eyes narrowing, she gently nudges the animal toward's the granary using it as cover until she reaches the side of the granary opposite the creature.

Looking about, she sees no Malakai nearby. Shrugging, she draws her vibro blade , pauses to gather the force to aid her and sneaks around the building to where the figure was spotted.

enhance ability DEX take 10 + 5 = 15 = +2 to DEX for 10 rounds
stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Zaelos celebration (cont.):
Zaelos returns the smile and replies in a respectful tone, "It has been said by my people 'A closed mind is a dying mind'. Due to the tragedy our race has suffered, we have had to open our minds just to survive. We draw our strength from our minds, and it gratifies me to see you have also learned that lesson."


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Hunting:
Sorry about not posting sooner, but I am trying to think of a way Karval can actually be half successful. I assume I cannot search for the crystals and fight the predatory ape?

Looking to the creature Karval smiles showing his teeth back in a vicious mockery of the predator. 'No, you idiot - move on. This is not a prize, it's an easy kill. The tribe needs force crystals.' With a rude noise he turns his back upon the primate and moves to the mountain.

Using his data-pad to try and find out the best place for strata of certain rocks (Ie. Igneous, sedimentary, meta-morphic and crystals) Then he climbs into the mountain higher. Comp (Use for Rock Formations): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

At the end of a day, he fasts purifying himself. Finding a small cave mouth he tries to commune with nature following the mediation procedures that he has seen Zaleos do repeatedly.

'Let go of the world, let go of your pride & ego. Follow the force like Zaleos, Aranna & Mirianna....' he stops trying to shake away thoughts of the pair of beautiful women. 'Let go of that, feel what is around you. The creatures the life force flowing around you. Feel the rocks.' he tries to connect with the Force.

Then he continues to ascend in the mountains, he will even use the makeshift demolition he crafted. He will use this upon a ridge of shaft that he believes and feels could contain a rock sample. Demolitions: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Karval will spend 1 week in the mountains with the 2 days already spent. Then hopefully he can get to the ruins take on the creature there and get back to the tribe before the 2 weeks. He will avoid the over-hunted forests; having no time to go there.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Climb 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Climb 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Climb 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Climb 4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
World Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Spend a Force Point to help: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Perception 1: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Perception 2: 1d20 ⇒ 18 Spend a Force Point to help? Hope it works. 1d6 ⇒ 5
Perception 3: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Would spending any more Force Points help? I'll gladly spend upto 3 more to try and attune to the mountain; to attempt to get a feel for the location of any crystals. (Probably would have been a better idea not to pick Entertain & Profession skills :)


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos:

You have successfully found and tamed a cowlike creature to pull your sled. Along the way back to the tribe you are moving reasonably well when you encounter three hungry looking dog sized beasts just down the trail ahead. You have a moment to plan before they react to you. Going around will be hard on the sled, you will have to take them head on.

Arana:

As you make your way over you lose sight of the creature. Make me a perception check and report your next course of action.

Zaleos:

Festivities continue and the night passes. Zaleos finds it difficult sleeping outdoors but manages. None of the females come to keep you warm.

The next day come around and the hunt continues. You have a quota to meet and though your first day was fruitful, you still need a bit more. As you continues to follow your senses, you feel them tugging you along, as if the force was a child dragging its parent to see something of great interests.

You push your way through the brush and foliage following the persistent sensation only to push aside a thick branch to reveal a startling sight. You stand atop a ten meter cliff and at the bottom a few dozen meters off you see a campsite. Your blind sight brings you images of trandoshans, about 6 or 7, also, you make out the unmistakable appearance of difficult terrain stormtroopers and an imperial officer also present in the camp. Best you can tell they haven't spotted you, how do you wish to proceed?

Karval:

Karval toils at the mountain side for a few days. No force crystals yet. You do have an opportunity to face off against another beast. Your world lore tells you it is known as a Gurnap. You heard it mentioned breifly among the prize kills of some of the Malaki. A large and fierce creature. It has all the best qualities of a crocadile and a mountain lion. Powerful jaws and a thick hide along with an agile body fit for easy climbing on the mountains and enhanced senses. This would be a very difficult fight but a good prize all the same. It is not aware of you yet so you have time to decide and plan how to face it but not enough for anything elaborate.

You can attempt to sneak around the creature as your quest for the crystal is not finish or attempt to face it and risk injury or death....good thing Mandelorians can heal. Can't cure death though so keep that in mind.

Oh and you have higher ground the creature, it is an overall near two hundred meters from you both down and diagonal.


Arana's Story:

Arana silently curses as she loses sight of the lizard-like humanoid.
Approaching the area where she saw it, she scans the area for signs of its presence; still trying to avoid detection herself

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Zaelos' Hunt (resumed):

Imperials! What are they doing here?

Zaelos waves silently for the members of his tribe to get out of sight. Once the group has taken cover, he motions Harani over and whispers in her ear. "I see a group of Trandoshans along with Imperial stormtroopers camped at the bottom of this cliff. They are commanded by an Imperial officer. I want him captured...alive." He grins mirthlessly. "Stay put for a moment though. I want to see exactly how many of them are there."

He then stretches his Force Sight out to get more information...

Perception (Force Sight) spend FP 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (2) = 11


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Hunting:
Slightly dispirited Karval knows he has to find some sort of treasure to prove his manhood and worth to the tribe. Spotting the Gurnap he smiles quietly to himself; 'This'll do. A test to my prowess and the toughness of the creatures around here.'

Karval realises it's been a while since his last single combat. Carefully he slips off his shirt, not wanting to ruin it. Softly it crumples onto the hard rock nect to his pack. The soft afternoon's light plays across his naked torso, highlighting his thckly muscled chest.

Moving around to find a slope of loose rock, a scree slope or some such. Thus there is poor footing for the charging Gurnap. Amongst the loose rocks just down slope (and towards the creature) of his position he places his make-shift charge. Pushing it into the yielding rock piles, with the radio-detonator of his data-pad open in a trouser pocket. 'Hopefully that'll make it more difficult for it to reach me.'

Around his neck upon a leather tong he hangs his glow rod, ready to use it as a distraction if needs be. Turning it on Karval is bathed in a warm amber glow.

Upon a nearby rock he ritualistically lays out his pitols and blades, within easy reach. In one arm he holds his rifle, ready...

Arms spread in an imporation to Fate, Karval roars mightily. A challenge to the creature for single combat; "FIGHT ME!"

The bellow echoes around the hills before being absorbed by the soft canopy of the forest below.

If/when Karval defeats the creature can he continue to look for crystals? It's been 5-6 days already.


Both Martian Level 20 invader

I am going to move Arana and Zaleos along a little faster than the rest of you so they can finish their events along with the rest of you.

Arana:

As you creep it you are almost sure the Trando had spotted you. You quickly slip into a shadowy area nearby. Sure enough the trando had attempted to sneak up on you. However, you repositioned just in time. You see him clearly just a few meters from you. He is armed with a vibrosword and he is looking for you. You have a few moments to decide what to do before he stumbles on you. You can attempt to escape which requires two stealth checks or you can simply attack him, you have the element of surprise.

Feel Free to analyse him before you choose but you must decide what to do soon.

Zaleos:

Best you can tell from your previous scan, there are about a dozen individuals down there is your best guess.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

the jungle hunt continues:
Nichos takes a second to ponder how to deal with the threat, and decides the simple approach is best. Pulling out his rifle he aims for the largest looking beast.

attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) + 1 = 12


Arana's Story:

Smiling to herself in evading the Trandoshan, Arana closes her eyes and draws the Force to her to aid her battle prowess

Battlemind 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 = +2 to hit for 10 minutes

Her eyes aglow with the power of the Force, she then concentrates on the area the Trandoshan obviously thinks she remains. Using the force, she creates an images of herself; on which is trying to remain hidden but can be seen by the intruder.

Illusion 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

If the Trandoshan is fooled, she will attack from behind, hopefully gaining the upper hand.


Hunt (con't):
Zaelos emerged from his trance and silently indicates 12 individuals currently at the campsite. He whispers again to Harani "Is there a way down from this cliff?" He mentally reviews the weapons the hunting party is armed with, trying to figure out the best way to go after their position.

What are the members of the hunting party armed with?


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Karval:

It will depend on your injuries and how long it takes you to heel. Dragging the trophy will add to the time it takes to get around.

The creature looks up at Karval. It licks it's chops and drools. It growls menacingly. With frightening ease the beast begins it's climb towards the stalwart Mandelorian. It moves up the mountainside as easily as a man walks a paved road.

I have you at 2 turns before it reaches you. Choose your actions wisely. This beast will not be easy.

Nichos:

Your shot hits the bigger cleanly. The monster yowls in pain and recoils back obviously hurt badly. The other two break off to your left and right moving to flank you. They will reach you next turn. The one you shot is momentarily stunned and does nothing more than a five foot back. Your turn.

Arana:

You produce an excellent illusion. The betrays an arrogant grin on it's reptilian face. It carefully moves in for the kill. He gets up behind the illusion ready to strike. You can take this opportunity to attack. He is flat-footed.

Zaleos:

Your men are armed with spears, javelins, some bows with arrows, two vibro swords and a couple of blasters. A knowledge tactics will help with ideas if you have it. If it is untrained then it is up to you to produce your own ideas.

Harani indicates to a trail but if offers little cover. There is no other immediate way down there beyond climbing.


Arana's Story:

Arana is thrilled that the Force illusion worked so well, the Trandoshan was completely unaware it was chasing a phantom.

Rising from her place of concealment, she paces up behind it and skewers it between the shoulder blades with her vibro-rapier.

Attack 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Damage 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 2 + 2 = 12


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

attack:
Nichos aims for the smaller of the two trying to flank him, aiming quickly and firing.

attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 +1 if within 10 m
damage 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (2, 8, 4) + 1 = 15 +1 if within 10 m


Hunt (cont.):
Zaelos looks over the weapons the hunting party has and realizes they were no match against the Imperial Stormtroopers, not to mention the Trandoshans. He sits back trying to collect his thoughts.

How would Karval tackle this situation? There has to be a way to even the odds in some way...Hmmm....

He leans over to whisper in Harani's ear again. "We need to even the odds in some way, as they outgun us badly." A smile slowly spreads on his face. "I am curious...do you know of any dangerous lifeforms near us? It would be a shame if those troopers should run into something down there, he he."

Basically he wants to lure one of the dangerous forms (like the Rancor we fought earlier) into the enemy campsite, so as to weaken their forces.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Hunt:
Karval calls to the beast and watches it rush towards him. Using his many years in the arena, fighting men and beasts he has never fought one so fearsome. The hairs on his arm rise and he feels a chill down his spine. However he screws his courage to the sticking post and fires.

A hail of orange bolts cut through the sky, flying down the slope towards the beast. Highlighted against the cold blue mountain sky, time seems to stand still for the Mandolorean warrior.

Round 1
Full Attack Autofire 1: 1d20 + 9 - 6 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 6 = 20; Damage: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 1 = 9
Autofire 2: 1d20 + 9 - 6 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 6 = 22; Damage: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (8, 6, 3) + 1 = 18
Autofire 3: 1d20 + 9 - 6 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 6 = 18; Damage: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4, 6) + 1 = 17
Swift: Switch to single shot.

The beast nears and Karval realises he's going to get bloody soon, he fires off a last pulse of the beautiful rifle before discarding it to the ground.

Then his finger touches the data-pad, pressing the button that should detonate the make-shift explosives. His heart in his throat; 'I hope this works, it should cause a small rock slide upon the (scree) slope. Then with a bit of luck I can take advantage of that.'

Weathered hands reach to the rock and grasp the hilts of his blades, ready for a fight to the death. He lets out a slow exhale as the creature is almost upon him.

Round 2
Standard: Shot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Damage: 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 7) + 1 = 14
Free: Drop the rifle.
Swift: Presses the Datapad, detonating his explosive charge.
Move: Pick up pair of vibro-blades.

Karval will try to use Profession (Gladiator) to position himself advantageously (as well as having high ground) for single combat. Profession (Gladiator): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

The Gurnap will be the target of his Dodge.
Methinks if Karval survives this he might need to find a pair of ranged wrist weapons

Edit:
Confirmation roll for Autofire 2: Autofire 2_Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 6 = 7;


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Arana:

You catch the trandoshan completely flatfooted. Your rapier cuts deep but the trando's scales absorb some of the damage leaving only a mild wound. The monster swirls around quickly to face his unexpected attacker.

The surprise round was yours and now you have initiative. Your foe is aware of you but still flatfooted. Your turn.

Nichos:

You score with your second shot. The creature bounces back and begins retreat. The other races at your and leaps into action making two claw attacks. One attack hits for 8 vitality. You have one creature in melee with you. You could "five foot" back and take another shot or go at it melee. Your turn to decide.

Zaloes:

Harani responds with a bit of a retort. "We are the most dangerous lifeforms in the area but if you are looking for some dumb beast to provide a distraction I think I know of a nest nearby. Ragni is the fastest. He could lure the father into the camp if that is what you wanted? It wouldn't be too difficult just say the word." She awaits a response.

Karval:

Your shots do their damage well and it is apparent the beast felt your fury.

However in spite of the detonation and the falling rocks, the creature nimbly avoids getting hit or even being slowed Made its reflex saves and races up the mountain with ease more furious now than it was before.

you fire your last shot and switch weapons just before the beast reaches you. It slaps you with both sets of claws for a total of 18 damage and just misses you with a bite attack.

You have the higher ground and +1 advantage to your attacks over the creature. You may now attempt to attack it back. It is clear the beast was severely wounded by your shooting at it, seems to have really pissed it off too.

Your Turn.


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Treasure Hunt:
Karval leaps backward; with a nod of respect for the creatures abilities. However that respect doesn't go to his cool eyes as he surveys the scene knowing that he has to win.

His lean body flows with movement whilst he attempts to avoid the attacks and score telling ones of his own. Remembering what the Force-sensitive leader said about moving with the land and avoiding their attacks; Karval spins away.

The blades crash against the thick scales, biting into them as the Mandolorean Gladiator uses all his knowledge to stab at the creatures weaknesses whilst moving to avoid the blows. The claw wounds burn as the blood trickles down his chest.

Overhead the uncaring mountain watches on, whilst the blood is spilt in a glorious duel.

Vibro-blade: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15; Damage: 3d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1) + 1 + 4 = 10
Vibro-knife(off-hand): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28; Damage: 3d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 1 + 2 = 12

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Leader Taggard wrote:
Typically they try and keep everything above the thighs and below the neck unimpaired simply because, the best defense against the larger beasts is not any armor they can make, it is simply not getting hit. They express the importance of mobility against larger foes and how you can avoid getting hit much better if you are skilled in acrobatics (Abiet a circumstance bonus to Defense/AC when making acrobatics checks.)

Defense 19 Vs the Gurnap.

Edit:
Off Hand Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Brilliant!


Hunt (cont.):
"That is what I want. If we are to avoid being spotted we need to distract them long enough to approach their camp undetected." Zaelos nods decisively.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

attack:
Nichos will take a 5' step back and use multifire to try to strike both of them.

attack injured critter 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 (using precision attack to help hit)
damage injured critter 3d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 3) = 14
attack uninjured critter 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
damage uninjured critter 3d8 ⇒ (4, 8, 8) = 20


Arana's Story:

Pressing her advantage, Arana comes in at the surprised lizardman again with her vibrorapier.

attack 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 = 14
damage 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 2 = 10


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Karval:

Your first attack misses the target but the off hand attack finds its mark and cuts deep. The monster yelps in pain and then begins to moves quickly past you. This will provoke an AoO from you. It moves behind and above you clinging effortlessly to the cliff wall behind you. Now it has the higher ground.

It attacks with a powerful snap of its jaws but JUST misses your modified AC. Acrobatics saved you from what could have been a serious injury.

The monster is now hanging on the wall just above you. It has the higher ground now and even though it is holding onto the wall tightly, it will still be able to unleash an advantageous and devastating volley of attacks next round.

The Terrain around you is all difficult and you can't move far without provoking an AoO unless you use acrobatics. You can use acrobatics you drop down to get some distance your you can try and take on this beast at this awkward angle at a -1 penalty to hit.

So you have an AoO to take and then it is your turn. You've already done a considerable amount of damage to the thing more than half so beating it seems possible.

Zaleos:

Harani directs Ragni to find the beast and lead it to the imperial camp. She then turns to you. "The trandoshans won't be an issue for us, they fight like animals and we kill animal with great ease, it is the imperials we are concerned about. Their armor and combat style are new to us and we've had trouble adapting. This is why we've took to learning to use their weaponry as our traditional weapons aren't as effective. Still, we have some blasters with us, we will fight with everything we have when you give the word." She awaits any last instructions from you. The beast is on its way, you can give final instructions on what to do when the beast arrives and then combat will start."

Nichos:

You drop the injured creature and wound the second badly forcing it to pull back a bit. The first creature you shot at regains it's senses and charges you. It leaps on you also making two claw attacks you take 10 vitality from the attack.

There are two functional foes left but both are pretty badly hurt. One is 15 feet/5 meters, from you and will likely attempt to charge next turn. You have another in your face trying to scratch it off.

Again both are pretty badly injured, you just might pull through alive. Your turn.

Arana:

Thanks to it being flatfooted you just manage a hit. This time the trandoshan returns the favor attacking furiously with it's vibrosword. It JUST misses you. You've hurt it but it is clear the creature is well armored by both it's hide and suit so not all your damage has been getting through. It's your turn, it is no longer flatfooted.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

stupid pests:
"Stupid suicidal beasts." 5' back and multifire

attack on claw boy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
damage on claw boy 3d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 1 = 8
attack on farther foe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
damage on farther foe 3d8 ⇒ (1, 2, 7) = 10

lucky (attack on claw boy) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Mandolorean Soldier

Hunt:
Karval feels the blade penetrate the scaly hide of the creature, the smile that grows across his face is stopped as he has to duck away from the creature. Pirouetting he avoids the strike, however the imposing bulk leaps over head.

With nary a second thought he thrust the longer blade towards the creature, hoping it could bite deep into the beasts flesh.

AoO w/Vibroblade: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13; Damage: 3d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 5) + 4 + 1 = 15

However his blade skims across the heavy hide, with a sickening scrape. 'I suppose I could dive for my gun, but that would be dishonourable. This is a duel, a sacred fight.' His eyes skim past the creature to see if there are any loose rocks that he could disrupt to force the Gurnap down. Profession (Gladiator): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

But he is taken by the urgency and beauty of the fight, the life and death struggle before him. Never does he feel more alive then when face-to-face with a foe, well perhaps in a womans' arms.

The Gurnap in the shadows of the hillside holds upon the cliff edge, diving to one side Karval tries to distract the creature by shining his glow-rod tied around his neck in it's eyes. However with so much going on it's difficult. He draws his senses to him and reaches out, before striking....

Vibro-Blade: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 1 = 17; Damage: 3d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 6) + 4 + 1 = 15
Vibro-Blade: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 = 11; Damage: 3d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 4 + 1 = 18
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
DB = 19 Vs Gurnap


Hunt stuff:
Zaelos nods soberly trying to hide the nervousness he felt in his heart. He was no commander of troops yet this is the role Fate thrust upon him. "I understand, Harani. I will stay back and use my sight to watch our flanks to make sure the Imperials do not surprise us with reinforcements. Again we need to hit them when they are at the point where confusion is the highest. Speed and deception are our best allies, and despite the urgency of determining WHY these troopers are there, this is no fight to the end." He smiles humorlessly before he adds, "May the Force be with you."


Arana's Story:

After narrowly avoiding the Tradoshan's sweeping attack , her heart pounding , Arana is dismayed to see that her two attacks haven't had the effect she was hoping for. While wounded, the creature's prowess is very evident.

Circling around as they both seek an opening, Arana ripostes and strikes again.

attack 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
damage 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 + 2 = 11


Both Martian Level 20 invader

Nichos:

You catch the one clawing you with a lucky shot. The creature yelps once more and flees.

The other is not quite as smart, it seems quite annoyed that you are putting up such a fight and attempts to attack you once more with another charge. You take 9 points of vitality from it's claws.

The beast is badly hurt, one more shot could put it down. Good luck...I mean that too.

Karval:

Your attacks scrap across the beasts tough hide as you are unable to score even a bit of flesh. The beast repositions itself using a free move keeping it's higher ground advantage.

It lashes out twice. You are able to dodge the first bite but the creature compensates Fancy way of saying I rolled too high to miss and strikes again with a second bite. This time it bites down hard on your left shoulder, it's massive maw reaches from your shoulder to just above your abdomen and lower back on the other side. You then feel it sink its teeth in hard and stick fast.

You take 26 vitality, 6 wound points, you are bleeding, and grappled. One lucky hit. Oof I hope that wasn't too much.

I made a knowledge Alien Lore check on your behalf and the following is the results.
You've experienced quite a few beasts in your time and this one appears to be quite intelligent. It is aware it is badly injured but it appears to have one more trick up it's claws. The Gurnap has angled itself sideways on the cliff for a reason. Given your knowledge of crocadile like species, the way it is built and positioned, it seems like it may attempt a barrel roll with you in it's mouth.....OFF THE CLIFF. The build of this creature shows it to be extremely tough and flexible. It is possible this thing would survive the fall even as hurt as it is. You on the other hand aren't built for that kind of punishment.

It will likely execute this maneuver next and you have one chance to break free. Place an attack well and do enough damage and the Gurnap will instinctively let go. Fail, then get ready for a series of fort saves and a lot of unavoidable damage. You could also simply attempt to break free on your own if that is easier for you.

If you got ANY last resorts, Force points, or other tricks besides praying to the dice gods, then you better use them cause if the thing still has you by it's next turn, I think you may die, can't say for sure, it's not a straight fall and you have a lot of vitality and a good con but still. Don't take any chances.

I'm giving these numbers so you know if you succeeded.
To break free of the grapple the conventional way, you need to beat a 26 with either an opposed grapple check or an escape artist check.

To escape the grapple in my altered way, you need to hit a defense of 20 and deal more than eight damage.

Zaleos:

Everything is set. Your team is poised for the attack. Now all that remains is the distraction. Several minutes go by and you hear a loud bellow in the distance. Several minutes later you hear a rumbling. The trandos and imperials seem to be on the alert.

Just then Ragni burst out of the brush running like a maniac. He flies past the camp before the troopers can target him. Harani was right, that boy IS fast as he just ran about a hundred meters in 6 seconds through thick brush.

Suddenly a large, herbivore storms out of the brush roaring as it plows through the camp. Rather than shoot at it the Trandos and imperials move out of the way. The tundering stomping and loud bellowing, not to mention the large eye catching size provides enough distraction for your hunting party to move up quickly.

When you see the opportunity, when everyone is in position and the beast has past, the ambush is sounded. The Malaki hunters leap into action taking the camps occupants by complete surprise.

A few Malaki pop out firing their blasters and hurling Javelins while the rest move into melee engaging their flatfooted foes. They do a mass of damage on the charge.

You and your team got the surprise round AND initiative. Give me both sets of actions for the surprise round and round one. Specify if you followed the warriors down with the distraction or stayed on the cliff. Wherever you place yourself is where you will be once combat has begun. Good luck, the fight is off to a marvelous start.

Arana:

Even though it is aware of you, you still managed to connect however, as with before, the scales absorb much of the damage.

It snarls and swings again this time hitting you for 18 vitality. In spite of the DR, it has still taken damage. It is your turn.


Male Chiss Scoundrel 3

pests:
Nichos grits his teeth as he switches back to single fire and focuses on the last pest.

attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
damage 3d8 ⇒ (4, 7, 5) = 16

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,895 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Star Wars The Broken Empire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.