Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Skyfall - Colonies of the Shining Sea

Game Master Corerue

Battle at the lift

Crosses vs


301 to 350 of 1,455 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Leon catches the glance she gives him when the cleric mentions freeing the other captives reminding him of their own slavery and to calm down not everyone has their training. "Damn it....ok look if your going to get out of her alive just down the hallway there is the engine room. There's a hole you can get out of there should be an airship. Tell them Leon and Aurora said you can take shelter there, and if anyone questions it, show them this." He says as he pulls out an oddly shaped dagger. The blade is triangular with no cross guard and a crossbar hilt made to settle in the palm of the hand. "If you need to use it to defend yourself as well. Its not great but its better than nothing. We'll make sure nothing comes at you from this way." After the cleric accepts or refuses their advice and weapon he heads towards the hallway.

stealth1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Perception to see if the tech is still there1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15


Aelessaer

As you leave the small room behind and run back into the all surrounding darkness with Bera's arm tightly held in your grip. After a short time you pass by the room you two had emerged from and thankfully you don't hear any noise issuing forth from it, a good indication that the creatures you had fought seemed to have only noticed the pair of you so far.

Ael - Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

As you pass the room you spot the tracks made by the foul abominations, great shuffling steps that have stirred up the dust covered floor of the hall. Following the tracks you come to an intersection with three new hallways. The tracks lead off to the left and right but none come from directly ahead of you.


Cassian Vespertine

Your knowledge fails you when it comes to identify where you are or what your dealing with. Even what makes up the metal that makes up the halls and ceiling escapes you for now. As you stride through the halls though, with nothing but your own footsteps echoing back at you, you start to get the suspicion that this place has been abandoned for sometime. As you walk down the south hall the walls start to expand some and the rough rises as well. Eventually the hallway ends in a cul-de-sac, a large table is upturned in the center of the area and several shadowed forms lie on the floor several feet from the entrance to the hallway your standing in.

Scattered across the floor and mainly around the upturned table are a number of mechanical parts.

Everyone! Taking 10/20 rules are allowed, normal restrictions apply of course ;)

Two Perception checks please

Perception 24:

Scattered across the floor and mainly around the upturned table are a number of mechanical parts and strange a strange orb that catches your eye. Mainly because it seems to be glowing a light pinkish hue, unlike the orbs that lit up earlier were a bright fluorescent white.

Other then the mechanical parts you spot strange depressions in the walls, around four of them. Further investigation would be needed to determine what they are exactly.

Perception 24:

Stealth - Soulless 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Something tells you that there is something amiss with the bodies on the floor and your rewarded for your caution as you spot one of the bodies move slightly. Whoever and whatever it is though its not alive because other then that slight adjustment it didn't move at all and it doesn't appear to be breathing.


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I shrug and look at Bera: Straight on to avoid the monsters? Or does that just mean straight on still has trapped horrors?

After another moments indecision I lead Bera straight on.


Diyeana Stormwin

[My post got eaten BLASTED BALAKJSHRKJASDF! Here we go again!

Diyeana Stormwin

Some of the rules seem a little obscene but once your way high level -20 won't be that big of a deal, espcially if your invisible :P then the minus twenty is countered by a +20/+40 and so on and so forth. :)

Yes, while attacking from on-high you gain the usual bonus for attacking from higher ground.

After blushing profusely Joey nods and gives you a warm, albeit bashful, smile. "I'll always watch your back Miss Stormwin and don't you worry i've got you covered from down here." With that he gives you a strong lift upwards and easily boosts you up your rope. Once you cleared the side of the roof he hunkers down behind some refuse and grips his large mechanics wrench, ready to swing it at the first thrall to come his way.

On the Roof

Your first shot puts a small hole in the lantern, which starts to secrete a strange green mist that writhes and moves as though it were alive. The TL looks down at the lantern, as many of the other thrall warriors keep on walking failing to notice anything amiss. Well except for two of them. These thralls were quite unique, they both wore the standard uniform of Trenchers and were similarly armed. The second flash from your rifle brought there empty eye sockets to look up at your position on the roof. Other then the uniform these two were similarly equipped like trencher and bore a pair of battered looking rifles, which both had bayonet attachments on them.

DM only:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Initiative Order
Stormwin 26
Trencher Thralls 24
Bane Thrall 12
Warrior Thralls 8

Thrall Warrior 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Trencher Thrall 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Bane Thrall 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The TL screeched in the strange tongue that thralls were known to use and pointed its sword up at your position. As the other thralls turned to react, doing little more then raise their swords and stare between you and the door to the building you were currently sniping from. As some of the thralls move toward the building, literally swarming towards the alleyway and the front door of the establishment. The two trencher thralls start peppering your position with their longrifles.

Trencher Thrall 1 - SA - Attack with Rifle -cover 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 = 17
Trencher Thrall 2 - SA - Attack With Rifle -cover 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10

Remaining Actions - Reload

The pair of Trencher thralls peper the masonry and one comes dangerous close to making his mark as bits of rock and mortar pop mere inches to Diyeana's side.


Cassian!

The first spoiler was supposed to be dc 12, whoopsie!


Leon and Aurora Cross

The man carefully takes the blade and bows deeply to you both. "You have my deepest thanks may Lyonesse watch over you." He traces a religious symbol in the air and bows again as you both depart.

As you stick your head through the floor and peak into the next level of the ship you find yourselves staring at a massive upturned cargo area. Boxes, crates, weapons, ammunition and many other types of valuables are strewn everywhere from the airship rolling over so violently. For the most part you don't see any movement, other then a loose item tumbling down every now and again. From your vantage point and its hard to tell which way the Necrotech could have skittered away to as there are no noticeable tracks from where you are. Hanging near the hole your looking from is a large trapdoor that is hanging open and appears to be able to be latched shut from the outside.

Due to the utter darkness, and the fact that this cargo room strteches across the entire length of the ship, your unable to easily spot any other stair wells or openings in the floor (ceiling). As you looked around though the sounds of combat reach your ears and the colorful shouts of the Red Dogs can surprisingly be heard over the din. However you can't tell at this point if they are doing well or not in their attempt to board the vessel.

Perception 22:

Among the items strewn about the floor you spot what appears to be necrotite ammunition spilling out from under several boxes and several broken Cryxian weapons laying nearby as well.

Perception 30:

You spotted a bit of smoke first before spotting the horror the smoking originated from. Pinned beneath a pair of large cannons and a literal ton of boxes is a cryxian warjack, a leviathan that had been unlucky enough to be below decks when the ship rolled over. At the moment it appears to be unconscious or trying to deceive you.


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

I guess Diyeana already posted her 1st round actions then, yes? So did she hit the lieutenant?

As the thralls easily spot her the gunslinger swears in a most unladylike fashion and yells down to the young mechanic "Joey! Get yer sweet behind up here! Now! No heroics from you now! You get up here and bring that rope up after you!"


Aelessaer

You arrive at a dead end, greeted by several tables set on their sides and braced against the hallway from the opposite side of where you are standing. Several massive gouges have been torn into the metal tops of the tables and several corpses lie against the largest gap, its obvious that these corpses were trying to force their way in when they were struck down. Thankfully these one's don't apear to be like the ones you gfought earlier. Theses bodies have long since rotted away and are merely dried bones laying in pieces around the opening in the table.

To fit through the gap though will be difficult and you can't see all that well on the other side with your sash the way it is. Peering beyond the opening from where your standing reveals an open area, but your light doesn't stretch far enough to tell if its a rounded room your looking into, a room or the hallway expanded.

While you investigate that Bera watches your back, sniffing at the air and grunting in disgust. "Tis place a snare, great treasures to find but no one ever come back from here."


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

"Pfft! Dead end," Cassian snorts as he steps up next to the overturned table and looks around.

Perception 1 (take 10) Total: 13

"Well hello you," Cassian whispers excitedly as he drops to a soiled knee and plucks the mysterious orb from the scattered debris. Pinching it between his thumb and forefinger he holds it above his head to further examine it. "Now what could you be?"

Knowledge (arcana/planes/religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 (pink glowing orb)
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 (possible functions of the mechanical parts)

However as he does this he notices the indentations on the further wall. Rising cautiously to his feet he approaches them to get an idea of what kind of device or trap or possible scar they could be.

Perception (take 20) Total: 23 (on the wall indentations)

DM Corerue:
I can't make a 24 Perception unless I used a Hero Point (which I'm holding onto until I'm at -15 hp :p) so you have no idea how excited I was to see that amendment post haha. Thanks Corerue!

Also, instead of wasting time asking for the appropriate knowledge check, I figured I'd put arcana/planes/religion together since they're at the same mod. Cutting corners is the best way to handle PbP's IMO but if you'd rather me post separately I'd totally understand.


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

perception:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Aurora's aid another:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Coreue:
What do we know about Leviathans?


Diyeana Stormwin

Thought I missed something! Thanks ;)

Your shot was a good one, punching through the TL's half plate armor like it wasn't even there and staggering the abomination for a moment. Bits of bone fell from between its armored plates and the thrall looked badly damaged. However, before you could enjoy damaging the abomination, something strange happens the green tendrils you saw start to writhe and slither around the TL in a nauseating way. The ancient half-plate starts to grind and parts of it start to shine as if it had just been made, the bits of bone that had fallen from between its armored plates quickly rise off the street, slid back inside the armor and snap loudly back in place.

The LT turns and hisses up at you, while shielding the lantern from further harm. It raises its sword and hisses at your position just as the two trencher thralls finished reloading and took aim once more. Further peppering your position with two more shots and peppering you again with bits of mortar and stone.

SA Trencher 1 Attack w/Rifle - cover 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 11
SA Trencher 2 Attack w/Rifle - cover 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19

Remaining actions - Reload

The other thralls start laying into the door of the building and by the sounds of it they are having a tough time of it. A couple though start heading down the alleyway just as Joey starts climbing up the rope. The young mechanic proves to be quite the climber as he just narrowly avoids getting his rump chopped by the oncoming thrall warriors. As he hits the roof he looks to the sky and towards the somewhat distant dock with an unhappy expression. "Shoot! Smitty isn't goin' to like this!" He then starts digging out an odd looking pistol from his tool belt, a single shot by the look of it with a large and surprising short barrel.

Ini Joey1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Initiative Order
Stormwin 26
Trencher Thralls 24
Bane Thrall 12
Joey 9
Warrior Thralls 8


@Donovan, Mir and Num-Rah: I have posted above for you guys and haven't forgotten about you if you need more clarification please let me know :)

Leon:

Your knowledge of them is vague, there were a newer larger type of amphibious assault warjack being designed by Cryx at the time of your enslavement. They were nicknamed Fetchers and are extremely vicious for their automaton nature.


Cassian Vespertine

You've never seen anything quite like this small orb, its slightly smaller then your fist and is perfectly smooth without a hint or mar on its entire surface and yet the most entertaining and surprising thing about it is the light that resides within it seems to move to wherever you place your fingertips. As if it was attracted to your body warmth or something along those lines. The orb is not made of clear material however and is quite obscure, so seeing what that light is impossible at the moment.

The handful of small parts you found by the orb at the time are quite intricate and delicate pieces of gears and other seemingly fragile parts of some sort of clockwork design. Whatever type machine these parts were designed for is smaller then anything you've had the pleasure of working with. You also can't even fathom how these parts were machined so well, like the orb each pieces is perfect without a hint of imperfection. Just as you notice the indentations in the wall and rise to go inspect them...

DM Only:
Soulless Stealth vs Cassian Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 vs 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Well...

Surprise! Soullesss Claw attack! 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

You are suddenly spun around as something shreds your backside, raking its clawed hand along the underside of your arm and spilling some of your blood to the dusty floor. As you look over your shoulder your greeted by the jaundiced eyes of one of the corpses that has apparently risen to attack you. Just as you try to react it bares down on you again with its fanged maw and claws!

Roll two fortitude saves Dc 13 against paralysis and dc 13 against disease.

Roll Initiatives and BEGIN!

Soulless Ini 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Soulless:

AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 22
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5
CMB +3; CMD 15


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Fortitude (Paralysis) DC 13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 PASS
Fortitude (Disease) DC 13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 PASS
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Round 1, Initiative 7:

HP: 42/46
AC: 22; Touch 17; FF 15
CMD: 28 (30 v Trip)
Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +4
Speed: 30ft
Status:
Abilities: Acrobatic Dodge [7/day] (+14)
Equipped: Spiked Gauntlet (P)
Conditions:
Attack/Damage: BAB +4/-, STR +5/+5,Focus +1/-, Spec -/+2, Mwk +1/-, Expertise -1/+2 Dodge AC; Total: +10/+7 & +2 Dodge AC

Stumbling backwards and nearly crushing the orb in his palm as he clenching in surprise and pain, the shocked swordsman darts his attention from the soulless to the wound on his arm and back again. Before he even has time to react the beast is on him again. In his defense, he lashes out as sloppy backhand attack with his mithral sword.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 (identify creature)


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I turn at Bera's words: We're not explorers or treasure-hunters, we just need to get out, get somewhere safe.

I start to walk back down the passage: Come on then, let's try another path.


Female Tabaxi Ranger/ Barbarian 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style/ Invulnerable Rager)

Don't think you posted the damage for the one that managed to tag me.

The blow lands solidly, a growl of pain rising in Miri's throuat as she again attacks the puppet that struck her, deperately trying to land her blows on it's heavily armored form.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Bite
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Human Skyborne Sorcerer 1/ Myterious Stranger Musket Master Gunslinger 4; HP 46/46, AC 22/18/14, Init +8, Perception +9, F7/ R11/ W6

Do the Thralls trying to get into the building have any way to get up onto the roof? Also, I'm assuming Joey did as ordered and brought the rope and grappling hook up after him?

As she witnesses the sickly green mist not only healing the TL but repairing it's armor too, another string of curses escape the Longgunner's lips. 'What the @$%^# ??' She adds to herself 'Looks like we may be needing some help here' then out Loud "Joey! Keep down but git yerself over here! Reach into my haversack and think about pulling out a whistle. When ya get it, blow on it fer all yer worth. Should help ta summon some assistance fer us in this lil scuffle here. Then git yerself back ta makin sure none o' 'them thralls make it up to tha roof!"

Trusting Joey to do as ordered, Catila concentrates on her marksmenship. Knowing that at the moment she has little chance to damage the LT, she instead focuses on the two thralls who might have a chance of hitting Joey or herself.

Attack on Trencher Thrall vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 27
Damage using Grit Point: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Would you mind posting the stats for the 3 kinds of Thralls she's facing Corerue?

STATS:
Round 2, Init 26
AC 21, HP 38
Buffs: Balance Weapon, Long-Range Weapon
Special:
Grit: 3/5
Spells: Lv1: 3/4


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Looking over my post I realized I forgot to add this in.

Acrobatic Dodge: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 vs Soulless' attack (if successful)


Male Human Rogue 1 (Thug) / Monk 1 (Martial Artist) / Fighter 2 (Brawler)

With the creature at close quarters, Jericho tosses the gun aside onto his pillow and relies on his training once more. Feinting a jab at the creature's eyesockets to distract it, he moves for a leg sweep, hoping to tangle it in the wreckage of his bed.

(sorry to be boring, but if a tactic works...)

Standard Action: Trip (with AoO followup from Vicious Stomp if it works)

Trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Spoiler:
WTF, why do I keep rolling so many 1's? LOL


Male Tabaxy Paladin 2
DM Corerue wrote:

Num-Rah:

Kel gives a low purr as he chuckles. "As far as the map is concerned youR sense of smell will not aid you. But in the field if you smell burning flesh or ash you better keep your eyes to the sky. They're sky-ships run on what I could only imagine as burning corpse or something far worse..." He continues looking at the map and sighed. "When you reach the ruin look for anything that resembles this table, a great room of gathering place fit for soldiers. Perhaps we may find more then just weapons. The High Ones were wise but they left much behind before they left us."

He leans back and looks at the Blade Brothers who have rejoined the group in the main hall. Galsah looks throughly cowed and Selric continues to look focused and determined. The Tanya doesn't even spare the pair a glance as she watches Num-Rah and Kel. Kel looks at each of you as he says. "It is time for you too make your choice Tyil-Num'Rah. Will you take the route across the ruins or will you risk the faster underground passages?"

"We have no time to tarry. Every late moment may mean a life lost. I shall take the underground passages."


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

Leon takes a step back when he noticed the Leviathan trapped underneath the boxes. "Careful Leviathan underneath the boxes. I say leave of there, its not getting out anytime soon." He signs as he heads towards the open trap door. He easily leaps up and looks through the opening.

[Ooc]Perception:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20[/perception]


Cassian Vespertine

Your knowledge reveals to you the chilling fact that what you are fighting is a rare form of undead known as a Soulless. These poor creations are those who have lost their souls and in the process became something worst then undead. The soulless can in fact age and die due to their bodies still being a humanoid shell but they also have the ability to paralyze there victims and spread disease with their claw or bite attacks. They don't have any known weaknesses and bare a hatred for the living that is beyond madness, fighting to the death whenever they encounter a living thing.

=========================================================================== =

Your strike staggers the the Soulless but it doesn't stop it from continuing its mad assault, clawing and biting at you as it tries to puncture your defenses once more while your very presence continues to enrage it further. As you both struggle the lights in the small cul-de-sac your standing in begin to surge again brightening swiftly once more. The soulless narrows its jaundiced eyes as the lights start to brighten all around it.

The brightening lights however prove to be a boon for the wounded Airship Captain as the Soulless stumbles over a mechanical cog it stepped on because of the sudden and distracting lights. It however bites out at Cassian before falling flat on its face...

FAA @ Cassian
Bite Attack 1d20 ⇒ 1
Claw 1 Attack 1d20 ⇒ 15
Claw 2 Attack 1d20 ⇒ 6

Bite Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Claw Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Claw Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

+4 to hit while prone with melee, -4 if using ranged. :)

Soulless:

AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 12/22
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5
CMB +3; CMD 15


Aelessaer

Bera follows quietly, looking back and forth in the darkness warily as you head back to the intersection where the footprints appear at.

Perception check DC12:

Along the way back to the intersection you spotted another four indentations in the walls, similar to how the door to your room was. Apparently this floor has multiple rooms to it they are just very hard to see at first, especially in the dark.

Bera aniffs the air and grimaces, her goatlike nose wrinkling in disgust. "Can't smell down her, can't find way out..."

Which way from here? :)


Mirrianissa
Past Damage- My bad! 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The abominations appear to be doing something!
M4 - 3, M5 - 1, M6 1d4 ⇒ 4

As one of your claws rakes the flesh from its arm, the mechnithrall hisses in annoyance and brings it fists to hammer down on you once more.

M4
Slam 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Slam 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
->Damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

It successfully hits you again as its comrades also rain fist after fist down upon you. With them grouped together like this you find it overwhelming to face them alone and as you try to get your wits about you...

M5
Slam 1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Slam 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

...You hear something strange a loud hissing that catches your attention and you look over your shoulder barely catching a glimpse of one of the metal puppets behind you before it slams its oversized fist into your backside. The impact was bone jarringYour guts lurch and despite your massive injuries you start to notice that the strange hoses that run from the backs of these metal puppets and run to their oversized forearms are moving slightly, the ones on M5 are bulging and flexing as if they were fit to burst...

M6
Steam Slam! 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
->Damage 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 2) = 11

Mechanithrall Stats:

HP
M4 14/26
M5 26/26
M6 26/26

AC 21
F +1, R +3, W+4

Everyone! Remember that I allow called shots, granted I don't post each and every AC for your opponents various To Hit areas but it is available if you want to use it. I haven't used it becuase your opponents thus far have been unintelligent. ;)


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Okay, Bera, 2 corridors left, doors down this passage and the big ladder... Let's check the other two tunnels, then maybe the rooms. Ladder comes last... I hope we're not underground.

Feeling confused and stressed, my thoughts are coming out in a tumble of words. I quickly head left when we reach the intersection and head quickly down the corridor, rapier in hand.


Bera stops you and gestures to everything around you as she speaks. "We under the Tears. Far from flame and sky." She then looks down the right hand corridor and raises her tribal weapon defensively. "This way?"


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Round 2, Initiative 7:

HP: 35/46
AC: 22; Touch 17; FF 15
CMD: 28 (30 v Trip)
Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +4
Speed: 30ft
Status:
Abilities: Acrobatic Dodge [7/day] (+14)
Equipped: Mithral Dueling Sword
Conditions:
Attack/Damage: BAB +4/-, STR +5/+5, Focus +1/-, Spec -/+2, Mwk +1/-, Expertise -1/+2 Dodge AC; Total: +10/+7 & +2 Dodge AC

Two failed parrying attempts were two too many in the once great Captain Vespertine's eyes. At least such a graceless performance wasn't displayed in the tavern, he quietly reasoned as he turned his dueling sword over in a well practiced motion and pierced the soulless' heart through it's shoulder blade.

Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 (includes +4 v prone)
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Leaving the sword standing strait in his victim, Cassian quickly examines the wounds to arm and leg. Superficial as they were, he'd likely never be able to have his jacket repaired by anything short of a wizard's favor; that may have been the deepest wound he suffered so far today.

Sparing little more time, he surveys the area for any more cowardly soulless hiding in the shadows or among the bodies before pocketing the pink stone and taking a closer look at the indentations on the wall.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 (search for enemies)
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 (examine the marks on the wall)


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I nod appreciatively and follow Bera: I wish I understood more, when we get out of here I'm going to have to ask you a lot of questions.


Cassian:

As you finish off the Soulless the lights finish flaring up to a blindingly bright and fading once more, another heavy shaking rocks the room and causes some of the spare parts to rattle and vibrate on the floor.

K-Engineering DC15:

Your perceptive nature tells you that the vibrations are getting stronger and that whatever is happening in this place appears to be getting worse.

The remaining bodies in the room all appear quite dead and upon further inspection all of them suffered injuries akin to the claws and teeth of a soulless as the dried bones appear to have been gnawed upon at some point. It would appear whoever once ran this place had the misfortune of dealing with the soulless on a scale far beyond a mere handful of these abominations. Each of the bodies and the soulless itself are clad in ragged vestments with a strange symbol on the front of a semi-human and woman face surrounded by a great cog. On the bodies themselves you find each carries a strange two headed flail that has a mechanical nature of some sort and the handle clicks whenever you squeeze it gently. Also on the bodies each bares a silver symbol of the same humanoid face and the symbol is shaped like a cog you'd see in a steam engine or something similar.

As you inspect the walls you find that the indentations are all perfectly uniform and similar. Each also had a smaller indentation next to the larger at about elbow height. Each of which were more and more difficult to open the ones on the left and right side of the cul-de-sac were much easier then the central one as the center ones smaller indentation was splattered with long dried and flaking blood. Then it hits you, you look back at the bodies arrayed on the floor, many of which lie on the far side of the table, which had been overturned and was facing the hallway you entered from. Whoever these people were they had been trying to protect this area from something.

DC15 K-Religion DC20 K-Engineering Check:

You've heard of religious orders having specialized keys or using their holy symbols to open secret/secured doors.

Str 18, 22, 18 to force the Smaller Indentation:

Inside the panel lies a small lever and engraved instructions in a language you'd never seen before. A stop pin holds the lever in place and once pulled the lever slowly descends with a hollow sounding hiss of long trapped pressure being released.


Aelessaer
Bera smiles toothily as she understands and nods to you. "Many questions to ask, many words to give."

You both travel the length of the hallway seeing a few more large square indentations in the walls as you walk the lights surge again, blinding you momentarily before the floors begin to vibrate again and nearly knock you off your feet. Once it had paced you continue walking, Bera doesn't look as confident and is peering wild eyed at the walls and ceiling as if trying to anticipate when the next shaking will begn. Finally though you arrive at yet another intersection. You have the option of continuing forward going left or right once more and, unlike the hallway you just left, the lights in this hall are completely black in fact when the surge came you didn't notice this area lighting up much at all...


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

What do you think Bera? Just straight on?

I hold up the clasp on my sash, hoping to get the most from the glowing light 15ft radiance, further 15ft of dim light.


Diyeana Stormwin

The only entrance is a small trapdoor that allows roof access from the building itself, it is also locked from the inside. Joey did retrieve the rope, my bad for not typing that out :(

Joey hefts the small pistol in both hands, aiming it upward and giving you a roguish smile as eh says. "I got something better then a whistle Miss Stormwin." He pulls the trigger and unloads the pistol skyward, you barely have time to avert your eye as the round he shot flares up into a bright white light that screams upward for a couple hundred feet before arcing down and [bigger]popping[/b] in the air. The light almost appears to be suspended now, slowly falling to the street as Joey starts to reload the massive pistol. "Smitty told me to use this to signal him, its something new we designed recently. He smiles sheepishly and looks ready to dodge a blow as he adds. [/smaller]"I actually didn't know if it would work! "[/smaller]

The Thralls all pause in what they are doing and stare up at the light for a moment, iving you a moment of reprieve...

Yep I will get that posted sharpish!

Thrall Warrior, Lieutenant and Cage Thrall Stats:

Thrall Warrior
NE Medium undead
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
DEFENSE
AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 4
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
Weapons - Heavy Mace, Longsword or battleaxe

Thrall Lieutenant - Stats being used by the two Trencher Thralls
NE Medium undead
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
DEFENSE
AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 18
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits
Waepons - Rifle +Bayonet attachment

Thrall ??? -
NE Medium undead
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
DEFENSE
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 35
Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits, channel resistance +4
Waepons - Bastard Sword


Donovan

Your attempt to trip the thrall fails, as it proves too heavy leaves you open for its first attempt to strike you. It brings its its burning green flamed sword down in an arc in an attempt to cut you in two with a single powerful strike!

SA: Attack Donovan with Longsword -PA! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
->Damage +Flaming 1d8 + 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + (1) + 6 = 10

However fate remains on your side as its slice glances off a shattered bed post and instead of stirking you with its powerful and deadly strike. It impacts your small dresser instead, splitting several drawers and causing a small green flame to start forming.

Collector Thrall:

DEFENSE
AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural, +2 shield)
hp 28 (3 HD; 2d8+1d10+3)
Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +3; channel resistance +4
DR 5/bludgeoning; Immune cold, undead traits

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft.
Melee mwk longsword +7 (1d8+3/19–20)

STATISTICS
Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 16


Leon and Aurora Cross

Leon

You climb the scattered boxes easily, quickly scaling them before jumping the small distance to the open trapdoor. As you pull yourself up and peer in you find what appears to be an opverturned study. A massive desk is completely turned over, some of its drawers are scattered about and several papers, tomes and small items are scattered about the room as well. The small items consist of parchment, quills, spilled inks of varying colors and what appear to be filled out scrolls that fell off the desk. You can't tell though exactly what they are without opening then.

Other then the desk a large cot hangs several feet above you and a large chest is tangled up inside of it, looking precariously at best and the possibility that its going to break and fall is pretty high. Especially as you can see several of the cots ropes are broken and unraveled some.

Aurora

DM Only:

1d10 ⇒ 9

As Leon hangs from the trapdoor above your left standing patiently and silently waiting for him to return. In the quiet is when you hear the soft sound of bullet casings falling as the boxes nearby begin to shift. The sound draws your eyes back to the massive spider like legs of the downed warjack and despite being trapped by the cannons it appears to be able to still move. Which you both know is a really bad sign and if the thing went berserk down in this hold, the consequences would be deadly. The bottom line is though that the Leviathan appears to be coming around...


Numrah / Ael

I will get yours posted tomorrow Numrah! I haven't forgotten about you and its a fairly wordy post so its taking time to put together correctly. Thank you for your patience my friend and hopefully everything is squared away with your follower ;)

Ael: I will have another post up for you later as well as it is 2:16 am for me. Sorry Bed times!


Female Tabaxi Ranger/ Barbarian 6 (Skirmisher, Natural weapon style/ Invulnerable Rager)

Mirrinissa feels the brutal blow and knows immediately the danger she is in. Amids the surge of adrenaline and the stink of the meat puppets, she hears the hissing, steam like a hot spring, getting loder as they fight, the hoses near bursting.

A weakness

But first she had to survive. Lainching herself into a series of springing tumbles she bolts between the massive dead machines getting herself clear of them to give herself time to regroup.

Acrobatics1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Double move to evade creatures using acrobatics to avoid AoO's then move clear of enemies, moving towards city dwellers engaging the other mechanithralls. should put me 40-50ft away from my attackers.


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

The constant yet consistently unexpected interruptions caused by the shaking were moving beyond a mere annoyance to the probing soldier. Something about the way they were gaining magnitude made him think that the time he had to quench his curiosities was drawing to a close.

Clergy of some kind, he surmises considering the robes and devices they carry. He carefully picks up a mechanical flail and tests it’s handle a few times, watching closely for any outward indication of what is reacting to the trigger. Keeping with him the weapon, he snaps a silver symbol from one of the bodies and gives it a closer inspection before tucking it into his pocket next to the pinkish orb and moving on to the walls.

What is the purpose of these grooves and slots? Locks? Traps? Doors perhaps? The table, the bodies; this was their last stand. But why here? If they were trying to hide or protect something from whatever killed them, these indentations will lead me to it.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

As he kneels down to smaller indentation at the center of the room he again starts triggering the flail and compares the notches on the indentation to the design of the weapon’s haft.

If that doesn’t work:

He digs back into his pocket for both the orb and silver symbol then compares them to the notches on the indentation in hopes that one of the two could be the required “key” to unlock it’s deeper mystery.

If THAT doesn’t work:

Take 20 on the Strength check, Total: 25

Backing away as the loud spattering sound of compressed air depressurizes, Cassian return the items to his pockets and steps onto the soulless’ spine to pull out his sword. Weapon in hand he starts turning this way and that as he watches for any changes in the room.


Num-Rah

Your decision causes the Tanya's eyebrows to rise in surprise, Galsah gives a gulp out of fear and Selric nods in agreement, remaining fiercely focused as Kel nods to you. "Very well, remember that there are many dangers in the underground many of which we are unfamiliar with." He waves a hand and has them bring out a worn map. "This map was made some time ago, it may help you to find your way through part of the underground below us. Do not rely on it though, because it has been known to... change. Perhaps it was High One magic or something more insidious but the tunnels have been known to shift. That was among one of the many reasons we remain out of the underground, none the less. I wish you luck and may honor guide you Tyil-Num'Rah." He gives your small pup a smile and nods to the rest of your group before your escorted from the great hall.

You move through the winding, worn stone streets of your birth city and still Koolat takes your breath away. This ancient city still attests to the strength and endurance of the High Ones and their creations, some of the buildings were erected long before your peoples time and have stood through the ages. The many ruins that fill the inner part of the city happened during the time of Dark Sky, when fire rained from the heavens and annihilated entire populations, until the HIgh Ones. In their darkest hour, sacrificed themselves to end the war with their greatest spells, at least that is what you have been taught of the History of Koolat thus far. Being part of the Beleghtor left you little time for books and lectures.

Your escort was the same heavily armored Tabaxi from before, they never spoke a word as they guided you through the backstreets and avoiding the more populated areas of the city. Your pup stays near your side, silent as a shadow and barely avoiding clinging to your leg everytime the armored Tabaxi looks their way, even you could feel something was off about this strange warrior. They kept there visor shut and nothing glinted from beneath the helm, it was as if the light of the two suns didn't reach within their armor.

Eventually you arrive a massive gate, nearly fifteen feet tall and twenty feet wide that is set into a hill of bedrock and glinting with a metal you were unfamiliar with, a deep black metal that shined slightly in the bright sunlight. To either side of the gateway their are a pair of doors set into the bedrock and made of iron by your guess, both are also rusted and showing thier age. Standing next to the gate and to either side of each door are eight warriors clad in the same heavy armor and armed with half a dozen weapons each each at the moment though are wielding wicked looking Bardiche's and staring straight ahead as you all approach. Two groves in the ground show that the gates swing outward and there appear to be several plates raised to stop the gates from opening too far. The first notch would allow the gate to only open about a foot wide, just enough for a spearmen to stab through the gap.

Upon seeing the gate Galsah's mouth hangs open as he stares at the metal in utter shock, his brother rolls his eyes at his litter mate and elbows him hard. Galsah flinches from the strike and rubs his chest just as the heavily armored warrior speaks, his deep, rich voice surprising you. He gestures to the large gate as he speaks. "We were blessed by the High Ones when they forsaw the creation of the gateway's to the Underland. This metal is extremely rare as I have been told by the Tanya, yet the High One's found enough to create the twin gates of the Underland among countless other items. They have proven to be neraly indestructable as well, having withstood more assaults then even the populace is aware..."

They turn to you and open their visor, revealing the brutally scarred face of a Beleghtor Veteran, his fur is black and short like a panther and the left side of his head is covered mostly by scar tissue from his forehead down to the bottom of his jaw, his left eye is covered completely and his right is a bright yellow. He salutes Num'Rah before reaching out with a gauntleted hand. "Don't trust every path, even our eyes have been deceived, so be wary. You will see things that even my words could do no justice, but do not let them distract you. I will pray to the High Ones that your journey is swift and your return without incident but prayers are of little use in the Underland. Honor be with you brothers." He shakes Num'Rah's hand first before moving to the Blade Brothers and then bowing deeply to the Tanya. He looks to each of you as he adds. "I have orders that the gate is to remain ready to open in case you need to return by the end of the first full day. After that you will be on your own, the first fortnight the gate will be readied again. If you haven't returned by the first fortnight the gate will remained barred, so if you miss it then it will take time to open. The pass phrase will be... He looks to Galsah and smiles, hi scarred face twisting it into a much more cruel looking smile as he says. "When asked say: 'By the dainty claw of the blade brother do we seek entrance, I will pass this among The Underguard realize though that if you don't speak it correctly you will be repelled fiercely. "
He raises his hand Gauntleted fist closed and aimed skyward, suddenly the guards who had been staring straight ahead move aside and form to lines on either side of the door with their Bradiche's aimed at the gate. The first three sets of plates drop down and the very ground shudders as the first gate opens painfully slow, taking several minutes to open enough to allow each of you to pass through one at a time.

Once inside you find yourself in a fifteen by twenty room, made completely out of bedrock, the walls on either side were lined with arrowslits at waist level part of the walls and spear holes at head level. Immediately above you are one by one foot murder holes cut in the ceiling as well, as the gates swing closed behind you the smell of boiling oil reaches your nostrils and causes you nose to wrinkle. The Underguard commander smiles at some of your reactions. "The oil is kept boiling every hour of the day, very few things have survived long enough to reach this room though and if they do." He smiles cruel. "They don't survive for long."

As soon as the first gate closes you hear the sound of metal sliding on stone and several loud snaps as the gate behind you is fully secured. ASsyou waited for the next gate to be opened you notice that inside this chamber there are four large iron beams that slide across the insides of each gate. Roughly four in all and those take a few minutes to be secured as they slide out of the walls through a perfectly cut opening in the bed rock. The other gate appeared to be made of the same metal as the first and took even longer to open as its beams were made of the same dark metal as the gate itself. Once the beams were slide off the gate opened slowly, the rattle of chains being strained and the grunts of the unseen guard over head being the only indication that the gate was opened and closed manually. The Commander put a hand on his longblade and slowly closed his visor as the gate opened inch by rough inch. Once it was fully open, only enough for each of you to pass through one at a time, he waves yo forward without a word and silently salutes you once more as he watches you leave.

Perception DC 19 - Arrowslits:

Silly I know >.<;

Despite the dark your eyes easily see that every arrowslit, spear and murder hole is manned by someone either armed with a loaded crossbow or walking above your heads around the pots of stinking oil. The Underguard clearly don't mess around and surprisingly you didn't hear them enter the guard rooms on either side...

As you all get on the otherside of the gate your greeted with worked stone walls that run off to your right and a rough passage of unworked stone on your left. From what your map indicates the left hand passage runs into a cavernous area that is partially mapped and gives clear indications as to where to go to reach a handful of exits to above ground.

The passage on the right leads to a series of mapped hallways that appear to form a very large district spanning labyrinth. There are several indications of doors that were left undisturbed by the explorers who made the map. The worked stone halls show appear to be mostly ten by ten foot halls.


Aelessaer

Bera peers at the tracks that the Soulless left in the dust and follows them off to the left side hallway and nods at your suggestion. "Straight, yes. Must beware dead ones..."

She grips her tribal weapon, its obsidian stone bits glinting in the light of your sash as you both push forward into the completely black hallway. After about a minute though you come across a terrible sight, over a dozen corpses line the hallway. All of them are twisted in various positions of death, scratches mar the walls and several of the bodies are literally face forward hands twisted and still clawing at the walls. A couple of corpses on the floor look like they had been shielding their face from something and are laying on their backside, while another looks as though they clawed at themselves so hard that they literally dug into their skull before dying. At the furthest point a pair of corpses can be seen. One still grips its two headed flail, but its lower jaw is torn away and being held by the corpse laying against the opposite wall. Which of course that corpse's skull is completely shattered and in pieces on the floor around it.

Bera's nose flares as she breathes deeply looking down at the corpses and then quickly peering at the walls around you.


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

I stifle the urge to vomit at the horrendous scene, only the experience of my youth enables me to exercise such control. I pass the corpses warily, rapier in hand, hoping to leave them behind.
The dense atmosphere of fear and death makes me long for fresh air but I keep those doubts to myself.
Perhaps we should have taken the ladder?
I ponder what I have seen so far Is this Cryxian fleshwarping, or something else?
knowledge (planes) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
knowledge (history) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


What happens if you throw alchemist's fire on necrotite ammunition?


Shadow Assassin/Shadow Warrior 6 (HP 90 AC 19, T 16, Flat 13 F+5 R+10 W+11 Init +8/10; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +16

going to try and climb up to the chest and ease it down to the floor/ceiling.
Climb:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Str check to lower it1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Perception for traps:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
If locked disable device1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Holding up the symbols, Nothing happens. Holding up the Orb, same. But after several strong strikes the three individual panels are open.

Each panel and handle are mated with a separate door. which of the three do you open first? The Str 18 doors were on the left and right and the str 22 was the central door.


Aurora Cross

As i'm currently brain dead from nights, I will answer simply and without a skill check. ;) Much like any other ammunition when introduced to extreme heat it will explode but Necrotite is made of an extremely potent material that contains high levels of necromancy among other things. The consequences of burning necrotite ammunition would result in several explosions followed by a high chance of fire depending on how little/much ammunition is ignited. You don't know how quickly said ammunition would react to being introduced to high levels of heat.


Mirrianissa

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The Tigress blessed your movements, allowing you to flow like water and evade each of your enemies strikes so that you could break away. Each of the metal puppets swung and each failed to land a blow, they turn though and watch you retreat with their dead black eyes and despite your swiftness they continue advancing towards you. Luckily though the ground you gained keeps them from being able to close and strike quickly.

The Beleghtor appear to have fared well against the puppets but the larger metal puppets have reduced their numbers considerably. Your eyes drink in every detail though, one puppet remains and five of the metal puppets are standing. Three of which are your opponents. Eight of the Beleghtor remain standing, one of which was the bellowing captain who appears to be badly wounded. The puppets and the Beleghtor are fighting fiercely on without a hint that either side was going to retreat.

On the hill the last of the prisoners are being loaded aboard and the Master watches from afar. Grinning manically with his over stretched skin and obese lower body, the metal spidery legged thing his decayed body sits upon moves and twitches much like a spider.

Your move Mir!


Human Lore Warden // Talented Monk 6
Stats:
HP 84/84, Nonlethal 84/84; AC 28, touch 23, Flat Footed 19; CMD 36 (+2 v Trip, +1 v Heavy Blades); Fort +9, Reflex +11, Will +9; Blindsense 30ft; Perception +12; Initiative +5; Acrobatic Dodge (+16) [8/8 day]

I'll go ahead and check out what's on the left side first. May as well explore this place properly :)


Leon Cross

You climb the rotting walls of the Fleshgalley with ease and reach the cot and hanging chest, but your attempts to ease it down don't go as well as you planned and the cot gives way. Causing both you and the trunk to come down with a crash.

Nonlethal Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

The trunk ended up rolling onto you from its impact, the blow however wasn't bone breaking but you knew you'd be bruised. Now that it was on the floor you could get a better look at it and found it had a fairly decent lock on it. (Good) It was a difficult pick, the tumblers didn't want to roll the way you wanted and you had to work at it to get the lock to give but eventually you heard the satisfying sound of the lock giving way and the lid of the chest rose slightly as the lock disengaged fully.

Within the chest are a several items, several broken potions, three sealed scrolls, a small tome and a long curved blade sitting inside of a bronze colored sheath with a mechanical looking hilt. Despite its mechanical nature its parts were beyond anything you'd ever seen, far too small and intricate for mankind's hand yet the parts were extremely durable.


Aelessaer

You search your knowledge as best you can and find that you don't remember the Cryxian's doing anything like this. The way these people died was terrible and some looked as if they were trying to escape something yet they clawed at the wall instead of fleeing down the hallway. Yet as you pass them you find the hallway is filled with more bodies and the further you go the more horrific they become.

One body looks like the poor humanoid had been rolled up and crushed into a tight ball their jaw hangs open forever frozen in one last horrific scream. Another is impaled to the roof by a long cruel looking piece of metal, more appear as though they died trying to escape something or fighting one another. Bera looked terrified as she followed behind you silently clopping her way down the hall with her hooves.

Eventually you come to yet another intersection that appears to have suffered a collapse of some kind, a large beam blocks most of the passage and pins several bodies beneath it. One of which glints and shines like metal in the light of your sash. It would take some work but you both could scale the debris and skirt around the edge of the large beam and make it to the hallways on the otherside.

DM Roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

You notice something chilling though, the light of your sash is weakening for some reason. Now it only illuminated out to ten feet brightly and ten feet of dim illumination.

If you climb the beam you can go straight on or left, the right hand hall is blocked off by the collapse beam and ceiling debris.


Female Human Time Thief 6 [Current HP 37 Total HP 37, Init +5, Perception +9, AC 20/15/15]

Almost compulsively drawn to carry on, I lead Bera onward over the fallen beam.

Where is this leading? What could be changing my sash?

Bera, I don't want to get lost in a maze down here. I don't understand these tunnels; maybe we should go up the ladder if this leads nowhere?

301 to 350 of 1,455 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Skyfall - Colonies of the Shining Sea - Main All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.