Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


5,301 to 5,350 of 13,740 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>

The fast healing won't beat the damage by the party this turn so I'm going to end combat. The skittering was just normal rats to add to tension. Atol can keep his channel (and just use the CLW charge) since everyone made their fort save.

The pile Toffitt noticed is a ragged cloak wrapped around 150 platinum pieces, three gems, and a masterwork lute.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant will cast Detect Magic and slowly walk around the room, seeking magic and the wands.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Perception

"Let's take a good look around here, gentlegnomes. There is no telling where the wands might be hidden."


The cloak that wraps the treasure detects as magic.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas finishes chopping the creatures head off to be sure.

"Kord's muscular buttocks that thing was tough to kill. What did you find Dyrant?"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant asks the good Doctor if he might inspect the cloak.

Dyrant will cast and fish for any hidden pockets in the cloak in which a wand might be hidden.

If that fails, Dyrant will take a few rounds to inspect the magical auras on the cloak.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Spellcraft

* * *

If satisfied the room has no wands, Dyrant will inspect the "bits and pieces of metal lying around, scraps of paper, empty bottles, and a cold forge. ... You're left with the feeling that you've arrived too late to see whatever was being built in this room."

"Uhm..."


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:

If that fails, Dyrant will take a few rounds to inspect the magical auras on the cloak.

A big 27 gets you...

Cloak:
Cloak of Arachnida
Aura moderate conjuration and transmutation; CL 6th
Slot shoulders; Price 14,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.
Description
This black garment, embroidered with a web-like pattern in silk, gives the wearer the ability to climb as if a spider climb spell had been placed upon her. In addition, the cloak grants her immunity to entrapment by web spells or webs of any sort; she can actually move in webs at half her normal speed. Once per day, the wearer of this cloak can cast web. She also gains a +2 luck bonus on all Fortitude saves against poison from spiders.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dryant holds up the cloak, amazed that such an item would be found here.

Dyrant describes the powers to all, as he understands them.

"....so, whomever wearing the cloak could eat a spider's poison like an Atol consumes bread and be just fine. Now...who wants to wear it?"

Dyrant eyes Cog...


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Zounds. That would be ideal for Finneas or I in combination with your angelic netting, Dyrant. Glimmil and Cog perhaps not so much."

Toffitt looks for concealed doors. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"While I'm enthusiastic at the idea of dressing Cog -- he does get chilly on these rainy nights - I'm very careful what I feed him."

Glimmil looks down at his companion and rubs behind his ears while affectionally cooing, "aren't I boy? Yes, yes I am!"

I wonder why someone would make a cloak that enables you to eat poisonous spiders. I mean who would want to eat spiders??

Glimmil's eyes wander before coincidentally landing on Atol.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Nice robe! I agree with Doctor Toffitt, that would be a good piece of gear for him or Finneas. We have that web tunnel filled with webs back near the entrance, we should check that when we've exhausted this room."

Can a room get tired? I wonder where that phrase came from...


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant offers the cloak to Finneas, knowing that the good Doctor has others means of protection.

"Well, if there is nothing else here of value or interest..." Dyrant's eyes dart to the tables full of crap that he hasn't quite understood yet, "We should move along. Finn, would you mind leading again?"


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Sure Dyrant, unless you want it Doctor? If it lets you move maybe it's better for somebody that can move faster and needs to get into flanking?"

I will defer to the Doctor and take it if he doesn't want it.

Once the cloak is sorted.

"I'll take the lead Dyrant, it worked out just fine. Which way?"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

"I believe Atol wanted to see the spiders and the webs." Dyrant nods at Atol. "Let's go back to them webs."

Let's go to the web tunnel by room 28.

Dyrant pulls out an antitoxin out of his handysack.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Why don't we experiment and see what works best. By all means, take it for now. I can always use my bow if my way is blocked."


Toffitt does not find any secret doors.

Dyrant examines the bits and pieces, the scraps of paper, and the random scratches in the tables. What was built is still beyond him, but there was some sort of cage or container that was part of it.

Satisfied the room will reveal no more of its secrets, the party heads for the webs with their newfound cloak.

Room 28 - The corners of this room are clogged with webbing, but a five-foot-wide, eight-foot-tall web-lined tunnel leads south. Most of the webbing is soft and no longer sticky.

Rooms as seen from outside the entrance to them:

Room 27 - Duplicate of room 28.

Room 30 - The air in this cavern is thick, stuffy, and humid and stinks of rotting fungus. Sheets of thick white webs choke every surface, and coils of the sticky stuff hang from above in thick ropy sheets. The webbing muffles sound, making the cavern seem much smaller than it actually is. In fact, the thick webs make it quite difficult to accurately judge the size of the chamber.

Room 31 - Duplicate of room 30.

Which room, if any, would the party like to enter? Shaded areas represent tunnels/rooms that can't be seen without exploring further.

Busy day at work and now Google docs is not working. Map to follow shortly hopefully. From Room 28 there is a T-intersection. One route leads to room 27. The other leads to another T-intersection that goes to either Room 30 or Room 31.


New Map


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant points to the side passage (@R49).

"Glim, would you and Cog mind standing there while we check out this way? I'd hate for spiders to come eat my brain from behind while we explore that area."

Dyrant urges Finneas to go to room 30.

Nothing can possibly go wrong in a room full of webs.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

"Well, if nothing else I can try this new cloak out."

Finneas moves forward cautiously.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Finneas starts into the room, but has a difficult time seeing through the webbing. As he moves into the room he finds the webs to be a bit sticky, but he is able to move at half his speed. He gets about 10' in when he is covered in webbing shot at him from the corners of the room. However, while wearing his cloak he finds it about as annoying as a splash of water in the face. On the other hand, the two giant mandibles that reach for him are another matter. One of them pierces his armor and Finneas is thankful again for the cloak as the poison rushes harmlessly into his system.

Initiative
Atol1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Dyrant 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Finneas 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Toffitt 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Spiders 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Surprise round
S1 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 - web
S2 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 - web
S3 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 - web
S4 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 - web
S5 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 - Damage? Is Finneas's AC 20 or 22 right now?
S6 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 no confirm
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage

Round 1
Toffitt = 22
Glimmil = 17
Dyrant = 15
Finneas = 14
Spiders = 7
Atol = 4

You won't know it until you start walking into it, but the yellow area is sticky webbing. DC 15 reflex save or entangled. Escape is DC 26 or STR check 32.

New Map


To clarify. S1-S4 are medium (5') size spiders. S5 and S6 are large (10') size spiders.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Great Sword with no shield and no Witch Ward, AC is 20. Current HP is HP = 3/31


Did you count this CLW above?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil keeps his ever-perception eyes trained on the passage behind the party, knowing Dyrant's faith in his keen vision is well-placed.

Hearing Finneas roar like an angry boar, he quickly spins on Cog and stares in awe as arachnids beset upon his companion.

Spiders! And as Dyrant said, Finneas can gobble them up like chocolate eels without any fear!

Wait... what am I talking about?

Glimmil looks down at Cog, wondering what to do.

I know, we should charge!

Glimmil frowns when he realizes there isn't enough room to charge with the lance, and Toffit is in the way.

If P,48 is open Glimmil will charge into it. Otherwise he'll move into P,49 dropping his lance as a free action and drawing his hook-hammer with his movement.

First, the entangle...

Glimmil vs DC15 Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Cog vs DC15 Reflex (+2 from Ward): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Entangled:

Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

I don't see any reason why Glimmil couldn't attack, just with the penalties from the entangled condition? Attacks are against S6.

Fight with combat-trained mount (Ride DC10, -2 due to entangled): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 = 14

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, entangled): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 = 5
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Cog attack (bite, power, entangled): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 = 11
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Cog trip (entangled): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 = 9

And now, karma strikes the dice roller. Six d20s and none break 10!


And to speed Toffitt's turn, there is no reach for the large spiders.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3
GM_Chris wrote:
Did you count this CLW above?

Yup. My last status was 21/31 and no heals since so 18 puts me at 3. I should've dropped a cure on myself earlier.


Round 1
Toffitt = 22 - Still to go
Glimmil = 17 - missed and entangled
Dyrant = 15 - Still to go
Finneas = 14 - Still to go
Spiders = 7 - Still to go

Atol = 4 - Still a cleric


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 22 {> P49}

Toffitt quickly searches his encyclopedic accumen in the field of zoology, and... 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 ...suspects the webbing might be sticky...? He pokes himself with his wand and tumbles into the room (hopefully not provoking from S6).

Status:

AC 22 (23 multiple foes)
HP 31/31
Fort +6 Reflex +8 Will +1
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 30 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
- Shield - Finneas
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
Wand of Shield 42 charges

Reflex 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Fort save #1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Fort save #2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


As if Toffitt is really worried about anything hurting him.

With Finneas's blood still on its fangs, the spider bites at Toffitt as he tries to slip through the webbing.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 15

Dyrant delays, his hand going to his necklace of booms, waiting for a thought to throw.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Hey, Toffitt is as cautious as Mobled is reckless. Well, okay, not always that cautious (see Exhibit A: Spinning Door Trap)


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 4, Location S48

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 27/27
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Bless, Obscuring Mist
2)

"Hang in there Finneas! I can't quite reach you to heal you."

Seeing lots of spiders, Atol will cast Bless at the very end of the round.

+1 to hit & +1 to saves vs fear for all!


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 15

"YES, ATOL! Call upon the Holy Cudgel to smite these spiders."

Dyrant will draw and load his crossbow.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 1 Init 14

Status:

HP = 3/31
AC = 20/11/20 (22/11/22 w/ Shield)
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +7 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

"Hang on Doctor."

Finneas steps back to avoid being flanked and swings at the spider next to Glimmil.

5' step to P49. Greatsword at spider S6.
Mwk Greatsword Power Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 242d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3) + 9 = 15


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Sorry, Finneas, I ended up in P49. Not very helpful of me...


Round 1
Toffitt = 22 - draw wand, use wand, move (seems like an extra move action to me, but whatever) :-P
Glimmil = 17 - missed and entangled
Finneas = 14 - Hits S6 and tries to move to Toffitt's spot (sounds familiar) Of course it's only 1/2 speed through webs with the cloak so I'm not sure if a 5' step would qualify. And everything misses.
Dyrant = 13 - draw and load his crossbow.
Spiders = 7 - Still to go
Atol = 4 - bless

S1 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 5 Web at Toffitt
S2 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 - 4 = -3 Web at Toffitt
S3 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 8 Web at Toffitt
S4 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 12 Web at Toffitt
S5 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Bite Finneas
S6 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Bite Finneas

It gets crowded in the room as the party piles in to help Finneas. Glimmil and Cog, who usually excel at navigating tight spaces find themselves stuck at the doorway. Finneas finds he has to help himself and slices deep into one of the spiders.

Party up for round 2 except for Atol.

New Map


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 2 Init 14

Status:

HP = 3/31
AC = 20/11/20 (22/11/22 w/ Shield)
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +7 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

Finneas again attacks, using his greatsword to block the fangs of the spiders.

Greatsword at S6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 122d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 = 17

AC now 22


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs
GM_Chris wrote:
Toffitt = 22 - draw wand, use wand, move (seems like an extra move action to me, but whatever) :-P

I thought I'd mentioned that he generally carries it in his off hand, in place of a shield... Sorry if that wasn't clear.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 22 {> O52}

Status:

AC 22 (23 multiple foes)
HP 31/31
Fort +6 Reflex +6 Will +1
Weapon Equipped Dueling Blade
Shield Equipped Shield spell
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 30 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Elixirs
- Shield - Finneas
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- empty slot
Wand of Shield 42 charges

Toffitt attempts to vault over S5, landing in flank with Finneas.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Reflex 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Assuming he succeeds, he slashes out at the S6.

Dueling blade 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 (+3 bab, +3 dex, + 1 weapon, +1 bless, +1 weapon focus, +1 crowd control, +2 flank)
1d8 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (2, 5) = 12


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

*Edit: if Toffitt is unable to tumble 15' as one move action, then he'll do a double move to get flank.


A standing 10' long jump over a creature. I'll allow it this time, but reserve the right to change it in the future. Essentially your one 27 is being used to avoid an AoO from S6, and AoO from S5, and make a standing vertical and long jump. I can see the spider as being short (only 5' high) allowing for the jump. This would not work with an ogre. I'm usually an advocate of the all or nothing method to speed up things, but I'm not sure. If you rolled a one, then it would have been two AoO's and prone from the failed jump in my head. But I digress...back to the game.

With a move that belongs in a martial arts movie, Toffitt catches both spiders by surprise as he leaps over one of them and slashes it from behind.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

I don't think of it as a long jump, although my use of 'vault' suggests that... He's tumbling through the creature's squares, with a target of CMD + 5. More like a cartwheel across the creature's carapace...


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 13

Dyrant *facepalms* as Finn remains in the web filled room while bleeding from numerous wounds.

Maybe we'll need to size that cloak for the good Doctor after all. That Kordite ain't got none brains unlike us Cuthb... Dyrant's mental thoughts fade as he eyes go from Finn to Atol.

*sigh*

Dyrant will ready to give Cuthbert's healing touch to Finneas if he moves back.

"Finneas, come here," Dyrant says in a calm voice.

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 healing


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 2

Finding the room one big sticky mess of webbing, Glimmil continues to attack the same spider as Finneas while struggling against the sticky mess.

Fight with combat-trained mount (Ride DC10, -2 due to entangled): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 = 22

Glimmil attack (hammer, power, entangled, bless): 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 17
Glimmil damage (hammer, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Cog attack (bite, power, entangled, bless): 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 23
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Cog trip (entangled, bless): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 + 1 = 5

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP 38/42
AC 24
Lay Hands Left Today: 0/4

Cog Status:
HP 28/28
AC 20


Round 2 Recap
Toffitt = 22 - Tumbles under, over, around the spider and stabs him i the back.
Glimmil/Cob = 17 - both hit (entangled, unable to move)
Finneas = 14 - Misses
Dyrant = 13 - readies heal
Spiders = 7 -
Atol = 4 - Still to go

Undeterred by their condition, Glimmil and Cog do what they can to help Finneas. Glimmil lands his hammer on top of the spider's body. Its body flops to the ground as its legs quiver. They quiet quickly though as Cog reaches out and bites a large chunk from its body.

The small spiders turn their attention to the fast moving Toffitt and spit their webs at him. The large spider turns to bite the tumbling pest that just stabbed him, but misses.

S1 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 15 - Might be a hit. Unsure what Toffitt's touch AC is at this point. If so, he's entangled. Standard action Escape Artist 10 to escape. Much lower than the other webbing.
S2 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 11
S3 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 5
S4 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9 - 5' to flank first
S5 (-12) 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
S6 (- a lot) Down

New Map

Party up


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 3 Init 14

Status:

HP = 3/31
AC = 20/11/20 (22/11/22 w/ Shield)
Weapon Equipped = Mwk Cold Iron Greatsword
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +7 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
2 3/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = None

"Working on it Dyrant!"

Withdraw into hallway. Doctor you'll still have flanking on your turn.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2->3, Initiative 4->13, Location S48->R48

Status:
AC: 17 CMD: 13 HP: 27/27
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Wand Cure Light Wounds
Conditions = Blessed
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 5/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Obscuring Mist
2)

After casting the bless, Atol delays having no real options, and not wanting to get caught up in the webbing.

When Finneas appears in the hallway, Atol steps up 5', draws a Wand of Cure Light Wounds and casts Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 on Finneas.

"There you go - that should help! If you wait just a moment, I'll do it again."

I think Atol's initiative is now 13.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1
GM_Chris wrote:
You won't know it until you start walking into it, but the yellow area is sticky webbing. DC 15 reflex save or entangled. Escape is DC 26 or STR check 32.

With no spider nearby, Glimmil and Cog continue to hang and bounce around in the web. The gnome struggles furiously for several seconds before sighing to himself in resignation. Cog continues to growl and bark at the arachnids as they attack Toffitt and Finneas.

Just checking that the DC for the Strength check for breaking out of the web wasn't a typo, and really is DC32. This means even a hill/stone/frost/fire giant (up to Str 31; +10) couldn't break free with a natural 20!

EDIT - I see the rules for web include being able to attack the webs, which I'll go ahead and try that (Each 5-foot-square section of web has a number of hit points equal to the Hit Dice of the creature that created it and DR 5/—.)

Fight with combat-trained mount (Ride DC10, -2 due to entangled): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8

FAILED, only Cog attacks the web to break free.

Cog attack (bite, power, entangled): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 2 = 20
Cog damage (bite, power): 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Glimmil wrote:
GM_Chris wrote:
You won't know it until you start walking into it, but the yellow area is sticky webbing. DC 15 reflex save or entangled. Escape is DC 26 or STR check 32.

Not a typo by me, possibly by the book. The simple solution they seem to offer is that the strands have 12 hit points per 5-foot section which I interpret as you can cut yourself out. You can also disable device them with only a DC 22 before you are entangled. I see this as cutting it at key points to let it fall harmlessly to the side or into an easily avoidable pile of webs. Does that help?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Ah, you got me in the middle of an edit as I was reading up on the rules for web. I went ahead and tried attacking the webs instead of readying an action!

And holy spider webs batman - 12hp per 5ft section - I don't know if this means there's a 12HD spider lurking somewhere!?


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant looks at Cog caught the webs and gives Doctor Toffitt a look.

You should have listened to me.

5,301 to 5,350 of 13,740 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.