Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE

Game Master Kip84

EXP: 7727/10000

Initiative dice:

[Dice=Avizzi]1d20+11[/dice]
[Dice=Kalus]1d20+11[/dice]
[Dice=Nomi]1d20+9[/dice]
[Dice=Russel ]1d20+10 [/dice]
[Dice=Taril Sha]1d20+11[/dice]


901 to 950 of 989 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Force Points 7/8

Round 4

Russel shakes his head as the droid continues to target him but he has not done his job yet, Nomi has to get assistance against two foes. Gotta make this one count!

Blaster Pistol 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 6
Blaster Damage 3d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 6) + 2 + 1 = 14

Yet once again, Russel is out of luck...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Jedi 3/Scoundrel 1 | hp 52 | Ref 18 (FF 16), Fort 16, Will 16; DT 16; Condition 0 | Init +9 | Perception +8 | FPts 5/7 | DSPts 1 | Destiny 3/4 |
GM Kip wrote:

B Gamorrean

Ooh lucky with the Fools Luck there Nomi!
Stepping in the remaining Karg brother continue thier assault on Nomi! She's just barely able to dodge aside as the first swings his humming axe.

In my experience there is no such thing as luck.

GM Kip wrote:

G Gamorrean

Nomi takes 18 damage and is knocked another step down the condition track. (-2)
The second Karg brother swings his axe true though, the blade slices deep into her side, blood spraying over the Gamorrean's chest as he squeals triumphantly!

See?

Swift action 1 second wind (+13 hp)
Swift action 2 battle surge (spend 1 force point)
use the force (cond. -2): 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 = 21 +1 atk, +2d6 damage
Move action 5 feet
Standard action fight defensively (+2 reflex save)

Destiny Point (stun baton crit v green) double stun damage: 4d6 + 10 + 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 1) + 10 + (5, 3, 1, 6) = 35


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

Russel (in the cell) :
After thinking it over lets do this in spoilers. I've realised in PMs we won't be able to easily see the flow of the conversation.
Russel wrote:

Russel shrugs, "Yep I did. I could not have you pulling a blaster like I knew you would once that deal went raw I mean if the Hutt's men blasted you or chopped your head off that would be pretty unpleasant am I right? I know some of those folks in the Hutts Court. You play your cards with me right and I'll get us out of here. The rest of the delegation? Well, that's their loss right?


So tell me, what brought you into this Iron Ring anyhow? I mean I thought you belonged to another organization..."

"hmph, Yeah, maybe your right, at least this way we've got a chance, right? What I don't get is why you care so much about my well being... What brought me into the Iron Ring?... surviving kid, the work isn't glamorous but it pays alright, as for other organisations, well I've worked for many different people over the years, what's it to you? "


Kalus

Misses RX-7246

Kalus sees the others struggling against the Gammoreans, but sees that the grenade launching droid is definitely wearing them down. Ducking along to cover, Kalus fires at the droid trying to take it out of the picture but the droid ducks down as the red laser blasts against the boulder!

Avizzi

Spends 2/3 swift actions towards moving up the Con track


Avizzi grunts as the blaster bolt strikes his body, and he slips back around cover as he grits his teeth, fighting through the pain.

Taril

Misses G Gamorrean


Trying to help out Nomi, Taril leans out and targets one of the Gammoreans... but the melee is tight, and the shot is tricky...

Russel


Misses G Gamorrean

Russel shakes his head as the droid continues to target him but he has not done his job yet, Nomi has to get assistance against two foes. Gotta make this one count! he focuses, sighting down his blaster and pulling the trigger, but the shot goes wide!

Nomi

calling on the force Hits Green for 50 Stun damage (looks like you forgot to double the Battle Strike damage...) knocking him -2 steps down the condition track.

Taking a moment to focus and centre herself Nomi suddenly lashes out, clubbing one of the Gamorreans in the face, the stun baton unleashing it's charge as the Gamorrean jerks violently. The blow leaves the alien staggering this way and that, but he's not out of the fight yet!

-------------------------------------------------


B & G Gamorrean

B Axe V Nomi : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
G Ade V Nomi : 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16
Both Miss Nomi! G spends 2/3 swift actions towards moving up con track.
The Gamorreans circle around Nomi slashing at her with their vibro axes but she's to fast this time ducking and weaving guided by the force!

RX-7246

Grenade Vs Kalus : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Misses Kalus, no damage as didn't hit DC10
Turning towards a new threat the droid levels its grenade launching arm at Kalus and fires another grenade, but it over shoots Kalus, bouncing off the wall and exploding in an open area!

Zayda

Zayda Vs Kalus : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Misses Kalus
Zayda too turns his attention to Kalus aiming and firing his blaster but also missing the mark...


Initiative: Round 4


PC's <--------------------------

Gladiators 


PC Tracking :


Nomi:

Hp: 6/52
Condition: -2 (-2 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Russel:

Hp: 38/38
Condition: -2 (-2 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Avizzi:

Hp: 28/47
Condition: -1 (-1 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

GM tracking :


B Gamorrean:


R Gamorrean:

Hp: 0/47 (Dead)

G Gamorrean:

Hp: 15/47
Condition: -2 (2/3 swift actions taken)

Droid:

2/6 stun grenade.


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Round 4

Kalus takes aim and continues trading blaster fire with the droid.

2 swift actions to aim

Blaster, PBS: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 3d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 8, 2) + 2 + 1 = 15

He then shouts to Zayda, "Don't worry, I'll get to you in a minute!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Since I have Shake it Off (thanks Scout), it only takes me 2 swift actions to move up the track.

With a breath, Avizzi turns around the corner of his cover, firing another shot down-range toward the Gamorreans harassing Nomi.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10 Wow. You know what, I'll spend a Destiny Point for an auto-crit. This fight is getting ridiculous.
Critical Damage: 6d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6) + 8 + 2 = 38


Force Points 7/8

DM:
"Actually it means a LOT to me see cause you are the last point of contact I have to find out about what happened to my family..."

Round 4

Russel getting frustrated, fires once more at the Gamorreans.

Blaster Attack - 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 22
Blaster Damage 3d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 2 + 1 = 12

Finally, his shot is on target!


Taril Sha Twi'lek Scoundrel 4 Condition: 0 HP:28/28 , Threshold:15, R:20(14FF) F:15 W:14 Force:5/5 Perception +6, Init +11

Round 4

Taril curses as another of her volley's of blaster bolts streams past the Gamorrean harmlessly. She thinks for a moment of tossing her grenade, but with Nomi so close....Instead she leans out as before and fires...

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27 Using Uncanny Luck Talent to turn that 19 into a 20
Damage: 8d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 1, 5, 3, 1, 1) + 1 + 1 = 29


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps


Kalus


Hits RX-7246 for 15 damage

Kalus takes aim and continues trading blaster fire with the droid. This time scoring a hit that burns through the droids duranium plating!

Avizzi

Hits B Gamorean for 38 Damage


With a breath, Avizzi turns around the corner of his cover, firing another shot down-range toward the Gamorreans harassing Nomi. His blaster bolt smashes into one of the Karg brothers backs as the alien squeals in pain!

Russel


Misses B Gamorrean for 12 Damage (B Gamorrean dies)
Getting frustrated Russel sights down his blaster pistol and lets another bolt fly! This one slams into the head of on of the gamorrean brutes and the gladiator falls dead into the sand!

Taril

Hits G Gamorrean for 29 Damage! (G Gamorrean dies)


Taril curses as another of her volley's of blaster bolts streams past the Gamorrean harmlessly. She thinks for a moment of tossing her grenade, but with Nomi so close....Instead she leans out as before and fires... this to,e her bolt takes the gamorrean in the side of the face and he slumps down over his dead brother breathing his last!

Nomi

Spends a swift action for Second Wind, and 2/3 swift actions towards going up the condition track.

Finding her vicinity suddenly Gamorrean free Nomi takes a moment to catch her breath!

-------------------------------------------------


RX-7246

Grenade V Kalus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Stun Damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 3) + 3 = 15
Hits Kalus for 15 Stun damage (7 dmg)

The droid launches another grenade at Kalus, this time the pirate is caught in the blast of blue energy though he shrugs off the worst of the effects!


Zayda

Zayda V Kalus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 3, 6) + 3 = 20
Hits Kalus for 20 dmg, knocking him down the condition step (-1)

"Not if I kill you first! Zayda replies to Kalus sighting down his large blaster the Rodian squeezes the trigger, a massive blast of red energy hits Kalus in the left shoulder burning through his new coat and searing his flesh beneath!


Initiative: Round 5
PC's <-------------------------- 

Gladiators

PC Tracking :


Kalus

Hp: 8/35
Condition : -1 (-1 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Nomi:

Hp: 19/52
Condition: -2 (-2 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Russel:

Hp: 38/38
Condition: -2 (-2 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Avizzi:

Hp: 28/47

GM tracking :


B Gamorrean:

Hp: 0/47 (dead)

R Gamorrean:

Hp: 0/47 (Dead)

G Gamorrean:

Hp: 0/47 (dead)

Droid:

Hp: 26/41
1/6 stun grenade.


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Round 5

Grunting loudly as he takes a blaster bolt to the shoulder, Kalus ducks more fully behind his cover from both the droid and Zayda before taking a some deep breaths to fight through the pain.

5-foot step, then 1 swift action for Second Wind and 2/3 swift actions to move up the condition track. Second Wind is 1/4 HP returned, right?


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

A 1/4 HP or your constitution score, whichever is highest.


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Ah, then allow me to heal an extra 6 HP, since 14 is higher than 8.


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

In the wake of the Gamorreans collapsing, Avizzi bursts from cover, sprinting forward to slide next to Nomi. He presses his back against the new covering, and quickly checks the ammo in his pistol--still enough to finish the fight. The togruta glances at Nomi and gives a feral grin. "I think we have them on the run, now. Easier to kill when they're running scared."

Just a double move.


Female Human Jedi 3/Scoundrel 1 | hp 52 | Ref 18 (FF 16), Fort 16, Will 16; DT 16; Condition 0 | Init +9 | Perception +8 | FPts 5/7 | DSPts 1 | Destiny 3/4 |

"Cover me!"

use the force (surge): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Speed increases to 8 squares per move. Double move.


Force Points 7/8

Round 5

Russel runs to where Avizzi was and fires at the Droid.

Blaster Attack - 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 = 5
Blaster Damage 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + 2 = 12

Once more, his shot goes wild.


Female Human Jedi 3/Scoundrel 1 | hp 52 | Ref 18 (FF 16), Fort 16, Will 16; DT 16; Condition 0 | Init +9 | Perception +8 | FPts 5/7 | DSPts 1 | Destiny 3/4 |

*PEW!*

"HEY! WATCH IT!"


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

Looking up the rules I've found there is no 5ft step in Saga ed. Even moving 1 square is considered a move action (pg153 CRB)

Kalus
Moves behind cover, Second Wind, 1/3 swift actions to go up C. track

Ducking down behind a boulder Kalus focuses on his breathing, trying to ignore the pain of his wounds.

Avizzi
double move.
In the wake of the Gamorreans collapsing, Avizzi bursts from cover, sprinting forward to slide next to Nomi. He presses his back against the new covering, and quickly checks the ammo in his pistol

Nomi
Uses Surge and double move.
Calling out for covering fire Nomi suddenly bursts across the sandy arena with astonishing speed!

Russel
moves next to Avizzi and fires at the droid.
Sliding into cover next to the Togruta, Russel fires off a wild blaster bolt in the general direction of the droid...

Taril
Aim action, Hits droid for 19 dmg, knocking it down the condition track.

Taril Vs droid : 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
4d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 1) + 3 = 19
Taking careful aim Taril sends a blaster bolt screaming across the arena and slamming into the droid and blasting off the one side of its head!

-----------------------------------------------

RX-7246
2/3 Actions to go up condition track, Hits Avizzi and Russel for 3 Damage.
Stun grenade Vs Russel & Avizzi : 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 1 = 12
Stun Damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 5) + 3 = 13
Reeling from Taril's attack the droid freezes in position for a second before firing another grenade, this time at Russel and Avizzi! The grenade overshoots them and they're both barely caught in the wave of blue stun energy!

Zayda
Aims, Misses Avizzi!

Zayda V Avizzi : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6, 8) + 3 = 19
The Rodian seems to decide that Kalus is to hard a target right now, and takes aim at Avizzi again. He fires off his blaster, but the red energy flashes past Avizzi two feet to the Togruta's right...


Initiative: Round 6

PC's <-------------------------- 

Gladiators

PC Tracking :


Kalus

Hp: 22/35
Condition : -1 (-1 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Nomi:

Hp: 19/52
Condition: -2 (-2 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Russel:

Hp: 38/38
Condition: -2 (-2 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Avizzi:

Hp: 28/47

GM tracking :


Droid:

Hp: 7/41
0/6 stun grenade.


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

D'oh. Caught by the rules edition changes.

Kalus focuses past the pain before darting from his cover over to where Nomi is. "I don't think that stun baton will do for the droid."

Last two swift actions to move up the condition track, move next to Nomi.


Force Points 7/8

Round 6

"Argghhh. Oh f*~+ this droid!"

Russel stands and rushes to gun-fu space with the Droid and unloads his blaster at the damn thing.

Spend a Destiny Point for an Auto Crit

This time Russel's shot is on the mark.

Blaster Damage Droid - 6d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 3, 6, 6) + 4 + 2 = 33


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

Russel has destroyed the droid!


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Avizzi hisses and crouches as the attacks barely miss him, and he carefully aims before returning fire at the rodian.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15 Force Point: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Total 18
Damage: 3d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 4) + 4 + 1 = 16


Taril Sha Twi'lek Scoundrel 4 Condition: 0 HP:28/28 , Threshold:15, R:20(14FF) F:15 W:14 Force:5/5 Perception +6, Init +11

Thanks for the bot, Kip. Nice shooting ! :)

Taril runs forward and slides into cover beside Avizzi. She beams a wild smile at the Togruta then call out to the Rodian, "All your little friends are dead! You're next! " hoping to distract their last foe before he can take a shot at the exposed Russel

Revolutionary Rhetoric - Persuasion vs Will, success = target unable to take standard action : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Female Human Jedi 3/Scoundrel 1 | hp 52 | Ref 18 (FF 16), Fort 16, Will 16; DT 16; Condition 0 | Init +9 | Perception +8 | FPts 5/7 | DSPts 1 | Destiny 3/4 |

Nomi moves up drawing her blaster. In the blink of the eye she's gone from beside Kalus and is suddenly there next to Russell with a blaster in her hand.

use the force (surge): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 Speed increases to 12 squares per move. Move. Drop stun baton. Draw blaster.


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

?.. I swear I made a post here on the weekend... sorry guys. I'll have to re write it :(


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

Russel, in the cell :

Jerel stares at you blankly for a moment before recognition dawns on his face. "You're Leona's boy! " he shakes his head, " You're not working for the GenoHaradan are you? She wouldn't have wanted that... Ah Drek, I'm sorry kid. Your mum was doing a job for some high up in the Empire, Vanis, no... Varta. Yeah maybe that was it. Any way she got too involved with her target and ended up finding out something big, so big she didn't finish her job. S%+~ hit the fan and I got wind that a contract had been taken out on her. " He shakes his head again and lets out a heavy sigh, slumping against the wall. " I sent her a warning and went to ground... been hoping around the outer rim ever since. Seems the GenoHaradan are just working for the Empire now! "


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

Just lost my Combat post again, the web page seems to crash when I copy paste!! >:(

So real quick...

Kalus catches his breath and moves in, ready to go back on the offensive!

Russel charges at the droid, feints to the left and then shoves his blaster against it's chest, blasting a hole straight through it, it's inside turning into hot slag!

Avizzi's slug punches through the Rodian's arm, Zayda screams in pain!

Taril Taunts the Rodian! Revolutionary Rhetoric, success

Nomi flashes across the battlefield at incredible speed! Stopping with her blaster in her hand!

Holding his bleeding shoulder the Rodian ducks around the boulder trying to get better cover from everyone.

initiative: Round 7
PCs <-------------------
Gladiators

PC Tracking :


Kalus:

Hp: 22/35

Nomi:

Hp: 19/52
Condition: -2 (-2 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Russel:

Hp: 38/38
Condition: -2 (-2 to all defences, attacks and skills.)

Avizzi:

Hp: 28/47

Gm Tracking :


Zayda:

Hp: 12/28


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Kalus breaks out of cover and moves to see the Rodian before taking a shot at him.

Move action, followed by a Standard to shoot

Heavy Blaster Pistol: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Critical Damage: 6d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 4, 1, 7, 3, 3) + 4 = 29

"I told you I'd deal with you in a minute," Kalus quips as his shot flies true, blasting the Rodian back with a burning crater on his chest.

Pretty sure that kills him, so I'm taking the victory lap.


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

As the Rodian falls to the sand muffled applause erupts from the balcony above. You all hear Darga booming over the noise. Huttese: Some of my best gladiators! Oh well done, well done!"[/B]

As you exit the ring to the ongoing applause Darga's Bith doctor checks over your wounds and the bodies of the fallen are dragged in behind you and laid out on benches... Russel sees Jerel's headless body lying on another bench, along with most of the Iron Ring members.

The Doctor seems to be in a foul mood and speaks little as he treats everyone's burns and cuts. Then you're escorted up to the throne room. Darga and his court are in a jovial mood, and you're greeted with Darga's booming voice as you enter the room (translated by Six Six as usual)
"Ah my guests! What a fine show you have put on for my court! Your ally Russel will be pardoned as I promised and I would like to officially welcome you into my organisation! More permanent quarters will be assigned to you over the next few days but for now I trust my guest quarters will be comfortable enough! Ho ha ha."
"Now let a banquet be prepared! I have saved the most entertaining show for last! The traitor Warrick Raiden will face his execution by combat against... The Roggwart!!"

As tables are set up and food brought in, Six Six approaches your group, handing out code cylinders. "These will allow you a little more free movement about the compound, but Darga requests that you don't leave his estate... "

Treat Injury DC15 :

The Medpacs the doctor is using seem more than the standard affair, with Bacta synthskin patches that stretch to fit any wound shape! These advanced medpacs would make first aid a lot easier!

Perception DC 15 :

As usual Darga's Major Domo Igren stands at the Hutt's side... oddly he seems to be staring at Nomi very intensely!

Treat Injury rolls :

First Aid for Nomi : 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
First Aid for Avizzi : 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
First Aid for Kalus : 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Nomi: regains 15hp
Avizzi: regains 11hp
Kalus: regains 20hp

PC Tracking :


Kalus:

Hp: 35/35

Nomi:

Hp: 34/52

Russel:

Hp: 38/38

Avizzi:

Hp: 39/47

Taril:

Hp: 28/28


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Treat Injury: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Hmmm...I should see if I can get some of those medpacs. Could be useful.

Kalus pats Russel on the shoulder and whispers, "Told you we wouldn't let you down, kid." Kalus then approaches Darga and says, "Mighty Darga, we are both honored and grateful for your praise, as well as the opportunity to join your great organization. I would also like to thank you for your hospitality, and look forward to working for you." Kalus offers a sweeping bow, and as he rises, he notes Igrin looking at them. Probably less than thrilled we're still alive. Then, he notes that Igrin is very focused on Nomi. He feels a slight sense of dread. After all, Nomi did have a rather...different...background. If he suspected and told Darga...Igrin would have to die for their secret. Have to frame someone for it though. Only question was who.

Receiving the code cylinder from SixSix, Kalus says, "We won't leave the estate. No worries."


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Avizzi is more preoccupied with getting patched up--again--than paying attention to what a slimy vizier is staring at. He nods with Kalus's comment, and hefts the code cylinder in his hand. Finally. Maybe now I can get my bearings here, start feeling out what's going on in this place. Figure out who's the prey, and who has teeth.


Force Points 7/8

Russel in a Cell:
He nods but his face registers no emotion as if he knew it all along. "Tell me Jerel, do you know what she discovered or have any idea of what it was. More importantly any idea what GenoHaradan sold her out? I'm putting together a list and I'll need the names for it. Varta's a good place to start but more names would be helpful".


Force Points 7/8

Russel grimaces at the sight of Jerel's death as the man turned out to be not what he thought he was after all. Still, he got what he wanted and the man may have been helpful but he was a slaver and an assassin and probably got what was coming to him...

He accepts the cylinder and is glad he will be retaining his head, thanks to his old allies. He nods and grins at Kalus.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

In shared company and with eyes and ears abounding though Russel keeps his mouth shut.


Taril Sha Twi'lek Scoundrel 4 Condition: 0 HP:28/28 , Threshold:15, R:20(14FF) F:15 W:14 Force:5/5 Perception +6, Init +11

Ah sorry, guys...lost track

When Talus scores the final fatal shot on the Rodian, Taril runs up and throws herself into his arms with a great shout. Pressed up against him she can see that he was indeed just a solid as she thought when she saw him sans clothes.

Sliding off her fellow scoundrel in a manner that only a Twi'lek can manage, she saunters off , hips and lekku swinging, saying over her shoulder, "Nice shot."

At Darga's acclaim, she raises her hands to the crowd smiling widely.

Back in the med bay, she comment, "Cheer up ,doc. At least we're keeping you busy."

Treat Injury, DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

She's in her element returning to Darga's throne room, with everyone crowding around to congratulate herself and the others.

Perception, DC 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Taril's so pre-occupied with her new fans that she doesn't even notice SixSix's approach. Turning in annoyance, she smiles as she takes the code cylinder, "Don't worry, we're not going anywhere."


Female Human Jedi 3/Scoundrel 1 | hp 52 | Ref 18 (FF 16), Fort 16, Will 16; DT 16; Condition 0 | Init +9 | Perception +8 | FPts 5/7 | DSPts 1 | Destiny 3/4 |

treat injury: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Nomi's too distracted by her own thoughts to notice much, as she is patched up some, and then granted her key. Her eyes more or less locked on the closest cup like the one she had swapped for the one filled with poison.

Later, when the group is more or less alone Nomi suddenly turns grabs Kalus and slams him into the nearest wall. "It was my job to intercept the poison, Kalus. My job and I did it. But what you couldn't trust me to do it? And now a lot of people are dead and we're all closer to the Hutt... in more ways than one."


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Klaus slaps Nomi's hands away form him and points his finger at her, a scowl on his face. "In case you hadn't noticed, Igrin Demos saw our little byplay, including your switch of the cup. He told Darga, and Darga wanted to know what was going on. My plan was to show Darga we had saved his life, thus further earning his trust and hopefully getting us enough cred with him to get Russel out of being executed when she fingered the Iron Ring. Now, let's consider the outcome of this plan. A slaver group has been executed, no loss there, and some of Darga's toughs are dead, which makes our job easier. Oh, and we now have run of the base, which means we can now access his files to find out the information we need from him about Project Sarlaacc, which is the whole reason we're here in the first place. It had nothing to do with not trusting you to make the switch and everything about accomplishing our mission. Oh, and while we're on the subject, Igrin was very interested in you after our little fight in the arena, and given your rather unique talents, that's probably not a good thing."


Force Points 7/8

Russel is a bit taken aback by the exchange, "Well I was gonna start by thanking you all for saving my ass back there... everything ok between us all? We gotta stick together in a place like this".


Female Human Jedi 3/Scoundrel 1 | hp 52 | Ref 18 (FF 16), Fort 16, Will 16; DT 16; Condition 0 | Init +9 | Perception +8 | FPts 5/7 | DSPts 1 | Destiny 3/4 |
Russel Wilcox wrote:
Russel is a bit taken aback by the exchange, "Well I was gonna start by thanking you all for saving my a-".

"You stay out of this!" Nomi snaps. She turns back to Kalus "And as I recall the ingratiating little sleemo was already interested in ambushing me an arborium before today! Had we just settled for making the switch, the slavers would have either given up or tried again with something different after we were gone. No harm no foul. Instead we got the play the parts of Kowakian monkey-lizards in a pit fight, forced to kill or be killed. Even though we got the keys to the palace out of it you could not have known that would happen! The future is always in motion. And if you don't think that these cylinders don't get logged each time they open a door perhaps you need more time in the pit with some actual monkey-lizards! .... I need a shower." Nomi storms off.


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

"So what would your response have been when Darga asked you to explain what happened with the switch and the Twi'lek slave, hmm? What would you have said?" Kalus calls after her.

Turning to Russel, he says, "Everything's fine, kid. Nomi's just acting the way everyone who goes through the same kind of training she has does. No flexibility, and trying to boss others around because they think they know better. It's a shame, I was hoping she was different."

With that, Kalus goes and heads to his room, a sour look on his face.


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

When Kalus rounds the corner, he finds Avizzi standing, his arms folded and a smirk on his face. "I was coming to ask you about jackets," he comments, "but I heard... that. Let me give you the same advice my mother gave me: You might one day outlast a bantha in a footrace, strike down a rancor with your bare hands, and fly the Kessel Run in fifteen parsecs... but you will never win a fight with an angry woman."

The togruta holds Kalus's gaze as though his advice was the sagest in the Galaxy, and then he blinks. "By the by, what is a parsec? I imagine it's a unit of time, but I've never heard of it elsewhere."


Force Points 7/8

Russel let's Kalus' comments pass without retort. Instead he follows Nomi, "Hey, can I talk to you for a second. I know you said it's not my business so I won't bring up whatever that was but I have some other business to discuss with you".


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Kalus snorts at Avizzi, then says, "I'm not trying to win a fight. I'd just like to hear what she would have done differently. She won't have an answer, because people like her never do, but they just assume they can do better."

Walking with Avizzi, Kalus says, "By the way, a parsec is a measure of distance, not time. It's about 3 light years, or 31 trillion klicks. And you'd need a fast ship and a lot of nerve to try the Kessel run in 15 parsecs. That skirts you pretty darn close to the Maw Cluster, and the last thing you want is to get sucked into a black hole."


Male Togruta Scout 4 | HP 39/47, Condition 0 | Fort 17, Ref 20, Will 14 | Init +11, Perception +7 (Echolocation) | Force Points: 6

"Ah." Avizzi nods and continues walking for a few seconds before he stops. "You know, this Kessel Run sounds like life in a clan, and its dangers. You need to talk to one another, get as close as you can. But everyone has their own black holes, and you don't want to get sucked into an argument."

He looks at Kalus and shrugs. "Not that I know anything about it, anyway."


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

Kalus gives Avizzi the side-eye. "Did you become an old woman when I wasn't paying attention?" Holding up the code cylinder, he studies it a moment before saying, "Nomi was right about one thing. These things will log where and when they're used every time we go to use them. We'll need to see what we can do about that."

GM, what sort of check would be needed to reprogram a code cylinder so it doesn't log our movements with the main computer?


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

The Banquet is laid out on a long table overviewing the Gladiators arena so that everybody can watch as they eat...

Raden is lead out into the middle, armoured head to toe and armed with a large blaster rifle, its clear that he's barely holding it together, shaking uncontrollably.

With a slow rumble a large blast door opens and out steps a massive bipedal beast! Curved horns adorn it's head, four tentacle like appendages sprout from its back and its long tail swishes back and forth, tipped with trident like spikes!

Warrick falls back against a boulder, fumbling with his rifle before unleashing a hail of blaster bolts on the creature. It roars with a sound that makes the transparisteel screen shudder, and turns to charge at Warrick. He turns to run but the beast scoops him up in one clawed hand and starts raising him towards its mouth. Warrick manages to level his rifle and shoot it in its gapping maw!

The Roggwart drops him and though you can't hear it you can see his leg bone snap as he hits the ground, screaming in pain and dropping the rifle! The Roggwart shakes its head and stumbles about for a moment before refocusing on its prey. It steps towards Raden and swipes it's claws at him, stabbing the devaronian straight through the chest! Darga cheers, as do most of his cronies. Down below you can hear the sound of bones cracking as the roggwart has its own meal...

Eventually droids come out into the stadium, wielding low power force pikes they attempt to steer the Roggwart back into the blast doors, and presumably back into its cage...

After the banquet is concluded you all head back to the guest quarters...

I'm curious to see what business Russel wants to discuss with Nomi, then we'll move on.


Force Points 7/8

GM Kip:
Did I get anything else out of Jerel that night in our cell?


Male Human Scoundrel 4 | Fort 16, Ref 20, Will 15, DT: 14; Condition 0| HP 16/35 | Init +11 | Perception +7 | Force Points: 7/7 | Dark Side Points: 1 | Destiny: 2

And my question about the code cylinder?


2-1B Med Droid | Star Wars Handouts | Star Wars Maps | Lost Mine Maps | DDEX1-7 Marsh Maps

@Kalus: Sorry I missed your question.
A series of Use Computer checks would be required. You would need to hook the code cylinder up to a datapad or portable computer, then hack into its programming (Improve access from Hostile - Friendly) and finally make a DC15 check to disable the program that logs the cylinders use.

@Russel: I'll take another look at your last spoiler today and write up Jerel's response. Sorry


Force Points 7/8
GM Kip wrote:

@Kalus: Sorry I missed your question.

A series of Use Computer checks would be required. You would need to hook the code cylinder up to a datapad or portable computer, then hack into its programming (Improve access from Hostile - Friendly) and finally make a DC15 check to disable the program that logs the cylinders use.

@Russel: I'll take another look at your last spoiler today and write up Jerel's response. Sorry

No worries I am busy with one kid much less 5!


Female Human Jedi 3/Scoundrel 1 | hp 52 | Ref 18 (FF 16), Fort 16, Will 16; DT 16; Condition 0 | Init +9 | Perception +8 | FPts 5/7 | DSPts 1 | Destiny 3/4 |

Earlier.

Russel Wilcox wrote:
Russel let's Kalus' comments pass without retort. Instead he follows Nomi, "Hey, can I talk to you for a second. I know you said it's not my business so I won't bring up whatever that was but I have some other business to discuss with you".

"Fine." She snaps. She leads Russel toward the refresher. She ducks in drawing him with her. Then she steps into the cleaning stall and closes its fogged transparisteel door behind her. She disrobes, hanging her clothes over the stall top and turns the sonics on and begins to shower.

"Well?" She says over the thrum of the exfoliating sonics.


Force Points 7/8

Earlier

Russel follows her and then gets a bit red in the face when she begins to disrobe, "Uh well uh. OK".

Russel tries to look at her while not looking at her.

"So Kalus confirmed to me something I was suspicious of. You're not quite like the rest of us, you have... gifts. I think I might need someone like you for what I intend to do.

You see, I had to abandon you all back on Felucia cause I did not see how I could accomplish my goals there. That I did was fortuitous cause it led me to here and to the information I have long sought.

My enemy is a dangerous one but you are dangerous too aren't you?

Have you ever hear of the GenoHaradan?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Taril Sha Twi'lek Scoundrel 4 Condition: 0 HP:28/28 , Threshold:15, R:20(14FF) F:15 W:14 Force:5/5 Perception +6, Init +11

Hate that, pretty sure i posted...maybe i dreamed it :)

Back at the banquet, Taril presses the flesh, literally. With the group's success she finds no shortage of willing suitors for her affections and company.

Revelling in the attention, she deftly negotiates the contant barrage of compliments and proposals, even occasionally setting two suitors against one an other, vibroblades clashing as she saucily saunters away, the individuals falling to the floor under the tender minstrations of Darga's guards.

She notices the confrontation between Nomi and Kalus, but pays it no minds as she was having too much fun.

Finally a particularly persistent suitor had to be persuaded to leave off with a her blaster pressed against his most private parts, so she decided to call it a night, making her way back to the groups quarters.

Walking in she notices Kalus' door closed, she hesitates for a moment outside, then decides to continue on to her own room, noticing as she does that Nomi's door was still open.

Sitting down in her room, she takes out the code cylinder give her and attaches it to her datapad.

A series of Use Computer checks would be required. You would need to hook the code cylinder up to a datapad or portable computer, then hack into its programming (Improve access from Hostile - Friendly) and finally make a DC15 check to disable the program that logs the cylinders use.

Use Computer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Use Computer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Finally she tosses the datapad and code cylinder aside in frustration, then flings herself down and passes out.

901 to 950 of 989 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dawn of Defiance, Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.