Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] 0-05: Mists of Mwangi (Roving Dachshund) (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

PFS 0-05 Mist of Mwangi (1-5)

Mist of Mwangi Maps


1 to 50 of 233 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Thread Initialization

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

he Blakros Museum rises into the night sky, its single black spire severing the full moon in twain. The black iron gates surrounding the exhibition hall grind in protest against the wind. Beyond, the museum’s large oaken doors stand wide open, a silver-gray mist belching forth from the cavernous darkness within. You wonder how you ended up here, standing at the precipice of unknown terrors, and instantly Venture-Captain Adril Hestram’s wide looming face is conjured into your minds’ eye. His booming words ring out from memory as clearly as he spoke them only one hour ago:

“The Blakros Museum is cursed. Some darkness has descended upon the place and those who enter are blasted with evil and left raving through its halls, more beast than men. The curator, Nigel Aldain, is an old associate of the Society, though he chose to leave our organization some years back after a disagreement.” Adril looked sheepish then, as if remembering some distasteful incident from his youth.

“Nigel has long denied the Society access to the Blakros Museum’s considerable collection of relics and scrolls, using his extensive contacts to nab several excellent finds right out from under us... he always had a nose for the hunt. Whatever is past between Nigel and the Society, he needs our help now. Perhaps if we can come to his aid, he may think on rejoining the Pathfinder Society, or at least offering to share his discoveries with us.”

“Apparently the trouble at Blakros Museum began this morning, shortly after a wayward Pathfinder named Lugizar Trantos returned to Absalom after months spent in the Mwangi Expanse. Supposedly, instead of coming straight to the Lodge to report in, he went to Blakros, sold his finds to Nigel, and then disappeared with a hefty sum of gold. The few who glimpsed Lugizar claimed he was much changed by his time in the Mwangi... gaunt, his eyes yellowed and unfocused, a strange rasping cough that seemed to wrack his now wasted frame. Whatever he brought back with him, we believe it is the cause of the Blakros Museum’s ills. Root it out and secure the Museum”

*---*---*---*

Take this time to post your description/introduction while you gather outside the Museum

You may also make the following checks to get more information about the Blakros Museum and local events

  • Knowledge (history)
  • Knowledge (local) or Diplomacy (gather information)

You are also given a map of the Museum

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.1 | AC 16 (T 11/FF 15) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Yaiho is a very imposing half-orc. Stands well over 6' tall and ripped with muscles. He has very long tusks extending from his lower jaw, that look like they could bite through steel. He wears a scale male that shows signs of many battles, several dents and blade cuts can been seen. Carrying in one hand is a maul, an earth breaker that is almost as tall as him. He often leans on it when not in battle or moving. He has a crude tattoo of a sword sticking in a field, a symbol of Gorum, on his right arm.

Yaiho stands before the museum. When the others arrive, he simply states his name. "Yaiho."

When everyone is gathered, he speaks again. "Hestram say those enter become like beast. Yaiho like that already. Use beast to fight beast. Yaiho victorious."

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

A hulking man with rocklike skin wearing a well-crafted breastplate approaches the gates of the museum. He moves slowly, but with purpose, hands always close to the hilt of the greatsword in his scabbard. One look at the steely gaze in his eyes tells the story of a man eager for a fight.

The necklace around his neck depicts a sword sticking out of a mountain, he is clearly an adherent to Gorum, Our Lord in Iron. He speaks.

"I don't much about museums or history and I don't much care." He says in a low, but steady voice.

I joined the Pathfinder society because I need to raise money with my blade. Recently, preachers of this new faith of Razmir have been making incursions into my homeland. They're raving about a so-called living god are sacrilegious and I raise the money to raise an army and drive them out!" He continues in an increasingly loud voice.

He catches himself and takes a breath.

I got carried away again. I need to focus on what's right in front of me, not my long term goals.

He looks around to fellow agents, blessedly, they seem to be a capable bunch. He speaks once more.

"Anyway, so does anyone know what kind of evil in this museum? I've never been to a museum, I heard they just large building full of dusty old junk. What are we getting into exactly?

He's asking if anyone who can make a knowledge or diplomacy check will explain more about this place. Also, Hi everyone!

Sovereign Court

A half-elf with hints of Taldan ancestry steps forward after taking a quick glance at his hair in a small mirror he pockets away on his approach. His manner of dress features a very fashionably styled blue and sivler tunic over a breastplate, a rose adorns his lapel while a longbow and a very well crafted elven branch spear are strapped to his back.

"Ah, the renowned Blakros Museum. The priceless works of art within are surely at risk along with any people within from this mysterious Mwangi expedition's finds. I've often admired the great Nigel Aldain for his keen curator's eye. So it's small wonder the Society called forth me, 'The Vanguard of Shelyn' for this task. My compatriots, you may call me Vogue."

If the well-dressed and overly vain man had any glimmer of hope in impressing his fellow team members, that hope is surely dashed upon finishing his greeting and spotting a slight smudge of dirt on his pant leg and immediately fretting over the stain.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st level: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Nadric stands outside the museum gates, bouncing on his toes and looking quite eager to get going. He is a young man of average height, with olive-colored skin, long wavy brown hair, and clothes that are almost all the same drab brown color. He wears studded leather armor that is similarly non-decorative but appears to be well taken care of.

He nods his head politely as the others introduce themselves. He deflates a little when one of the big guys says that he's not interested in the museum, but he rallies quickly and rubs his hands together, saying, "Nadric here. I for one am excited to have a chance to look around in the museum. We have a lot to gain, if we can get access to the discoveries that Nigel Aldain has secreted away in there. And to resolve this situation of the curse, of course."

Knowledge history: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Knowledge local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Woah, Nadric's off to a good start I see!

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Danicka was a meek, waif of a woman, slender and scrawny, with bony limbs and freckled cheeks. Her hair was mousy brown, worn long and loose, messy more often than not. She wore simple spectacles over her dull brown eyes and clutched a fancy looking broom (actually her deceased mother's old arcane bonded quarterstaff) in her ink-stained fingers. She wore an odd, floppy hat on her head and her clothes were plain and poor-quality. The poor thing obviously had no head for fashion. This was to be her first mission, and she was clearly nervous. Her body shook like a leaf in the wind, and her eyes looked at her own feet more often than at anything.

Danicka had stuttered nervously in Adril's presence, "D-d-Dan-icka Raburnus reporting in... Sir," she squeaked.

Oh, how embarrassing! This was her first mission! She had to make a good impression. How could he trust her if she couldn't even speak to him? Working up her courage as he explained the situation, she thought of what she knew of the museum and the Blakros family...

History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

After having received the mission details, Danicka squeaked out a meek "Thank you." Realizing she was whispering again, Danicka screws up her courage and exclaims loudly: "THANK YOU!" Realizing she's yelling now, which is just as mortifying, she raises a hand to her mouth and covers it. She blushes furiously, looks at the floor and finishes: "Sir... in a quivering voice.

How embarrassing! I've really messed up now! Oh, I hope he doesn't send me back to training...

----

Now, standing outside the Blakros museum alongside her fellow low-ranking Pathfinder agents, Danicka shivered in fear. How ominous... But I have to be brave. She draws in a deep breath, clutches her mother's quarterstaff in her shaking hands and examines her surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Spellcraft on the mysterious mist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Shall...we?" she asks her companions nervously.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

@ Yaiho - Danicka's eyes widen at the sight of him and she shrinks under his gaze. "Danicka... she whispers meekly. "I doubt it's that simple..." she mutters, her voice fading away to quiet as she speaks. Oh, I hope I haven't offended him! He won't crush me, will he..?

@ Naseem - Danicka stutters out what she knows about the museum. Partway through talking she gets her courage up and speaks in a normal voice.

@ Vogue - Danicka eyes the half-elves fine clothes with longing, then looks down at her own drab garb. She blushes furiously and eyes the floor in embarrassment.

@Nadric - Danicka seems emboldened by Nadric's enthusiasm. She nods at him.

Realizing she has yet to introduce herself properly she blushes furiously. "I'm Danicka Raburnus!" she exclaims. Lowering her voice to a normal volume she finishes. "This is my first mission... I'm happy to meet you all...

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Nardic easily recalls the following. Danicka confirms some of the history.

Knowledge (history)

DC 10+:

Much of the Mwangi’s darkest interior worships a demon lord named Angazhan, who is described in the Book of the Damned as a thing of primordial darkness, a foul-breathed demon who grunts prophecies of blood to apes and madmen. The jungle is his beating heart.

DC 15+:

The Gorilla King’s dread city was founded hundreds of years past by cultists who bowed to Angazhan. It is said they captured the souls of monkeys in the wood-grains of strange idols called Tik Taan. The monkeys’ tormented spirits became the slaves and playthings of Angazhan, who murdered their playful whims and replaced them with a deep-seated hate and wild madness. These Tik Taan are rumored to shred the sanity of anyone who spends too long in their presence.

DC 20+:

The cultists who created the Tik Taan were hunted by a brave tribe of the Mwangi called the Jambala Jaeg. The Jambala Jaeg created ritual knives, crafted out of bone handles and obsidian blades, to slay the demons inside the Tik Taan. Legends speak of the deadly mists
of the Tik Taan, ill humors that invade men’s hearts by seeping into their mouths. Anyone wearing a scarf or other protection against the airborne menace is immune to its effects.

Knowledge (local)/Diplomacy

DC 10+:

Lugizar Trantos spent the better part of a year in the Mwangi Expanse. At first he wrote letters to his brother and wife, but after a few months these stopped coming and most gave him up for dead.

DC 15+:

His letters spoke of a lucrative find at one point, three idols of dark wood carved in the shape of bearded monkeys.

DC 20+:

The last of his letters evidenced an unhinged mind, and was covered in strange sketches of monkey paws. He described dark eyes glaring out from the mists. Shortly after his return to Absalom, many of the monkeys and apes in the city’s menageries attacked their keepers
and fled into greater Absalom.

From where you are the mist quickly dissipates as it leaves the confines of the museum. From what little Danicka can tell it is "odd"

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Danicka shares what she knows about the museum and the Mwangi with her new comrades The spoilers under Knowledge (history) DC 10 and 15.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st level: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Nadric grins approvingly at Danicka as she shares what she knows and seems to gain confidence in the process. He gives her a gentle clap on the shoulder and says, "Don't worry, it's my first official mission too! We'll be just fine if we all stick together."

The young man sobers slightly and adds, "So, here's the deal. Venture-Captain Hestram told us about this Lugizar Trantos fellow, but there are a few more details to the story. His letters to his family said that he found three idols shaped like bearded monkeys. He also seemed to be, well, going a bit insane."

Lowering his voice slightly, as if to share a juicy bit of info, he goes on, "I was out in the city this morning, visiting one of the menageries, and suddenly the apes and monkeys went crazy and started attacking the keepers. Some even escaped out into greater Absalom. That must have been right around when Lugizar got back to Absalom. I think there's got to be a connection with these Tik Taan idols and the evil monkey spirits."

Nadric sees Danicka inspecting the mists, and he uneasily eyes the fading substance. "I've never been to Mwangi myself, but I've heard they tell stories there about mists of the Tik Taan, that can creep into your mouth and take over your heart. A scarf to cover your mouth should keep it out, and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't bring one along. A Varisian, without a scarf, really! I'd never live this down back home." He shakes his head gloomily, but then smiles as a new thought occurs to him. "Oh, there was another story though, about a tribe called the Jambala Jaeg who fought the demons inside a Tik Taan with special knives made from bone and obsidian. I don't have one of those either, but maybe it'll help to know about it!"

He beams around at all of them, and then drops a flourishing bow to Naseem. "Does that satisfy your curiosity about what we're getting into?" he asks with a twinkle in one eye.

Sorry for the wall of text! This guy was bursting to show off.

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

Naseem cracks a smile when notices the tattoo on Yaiho.

"Always good to work with another who understands that the closes we come to divinity is in the heat of a good battle."

He then turns over the others and listens as Danicka explains to him a little bit of the history of the Mwangi expanse.

So this place is a haven of not only demon worshipers, but there idols with monkey spirits in them?? Is she serious? Whatever, Gorum will guide my blade to slay whatever demon lies before us.

"Appreciate the info, but you'd stay behind us once we get in there. You look a stiff breeze could knock you over. Hopefully, you have a couple tricks that make you more effective in a fight than you look."

He begins to examine the map and motions toward the gate.

"Anything else we need to know about this place, or should we just head in?"

Waiting on Nadric to share what he knows and for Zane Shivers to check in. After that, I'm ready to go in the gate unless someone has another idea. EDIT: I see you beat me to it, thanks Nadric!

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

Heeding Nadric's advice, he cuts a sleeve off his travelers outfit with his dagger and uses it to cover his mouth as a makeshift scarf. He then sheathes the dagger and pulls out his Greatsword.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

"Oh, dear..." Danicka mutters nervously, placing a hand over her exposed mouth. "I didn't bring a scarf either..."

Danicka looks down at her long, simple robes sadly. "Does anyone have a dagger?" she asks shyly. If someone borrows her a dagger she uses it, otherwise with her bare hands she rips a strip of cheap fabric off the bottom of her robes and wraps it around her mouth like a scarf. "Does... anyone else want... one?" she squeaks nervously.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Entering the museum, you take the precautions that Nardic recommends and enter the misty room.

An unnatural cold permeates this chamber and the tendrils of silver-gray mist flowing out the front archway into the courtyard beyond seem to effortlessly pierce the flesh and gently caress the bone in a cold embrace. The grand entranceway’s vaulted ceiling is supported by six great pillars of hewn black stone. Braziers mounted on the pillars cast white radiance from balls of continual light. The light glimmers eerily in the silvery haze that fills the atrium, giving the impression of something alien watching from the glowing fog.

Keeping your nose and mouth covered, seems to keep the mist from being inhaled.

At the other end of atrium is a hallway.

Immediately to your left and right (west/up, east/down) are two doors. At the end of the hallway to the north is a third door.

North is to the right edge of the map given to you

Which door?

Left: labeled in blood red calligraphy The Honored Dead
Right: labeled in great block letters Hunting Beasts of Legend
Far End: The door has no label but you know to be the main exhibit hall of the museum.

Figure out which way you want to go and see what mysteries await!

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Danicka cuts off strips of her long robes for anyone else who wants a makeshift scarf, then blushes furiously at her exposed ankles and calves. She returns the dagger to whoever borrowed her one and draws a scroll from her bag, casting mage armour on herself.

Thus prepared, Danicka heads into the museum, clutching her 'broom' in her hands tightly. Danicka wouldn't go first in marching order. She's more likely to go second last.

---

Upon entering the spooky mist, Danicka ensures her scarf is properly covering her mouth.

Danicka would prefer to enter the 'Honoured Dead' exhibit. "Should we go left..?" she suggests meekly.

If anyone expresses a different opinion Danicka doesn't argue, instead letting the people in front (or with the loudest opinions) decide for the group.

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

you can assume Naseem would've given you the dagger. He's put it away now

"The room Hunting Beasts of Legends sounds like it could be interesting. lets head right." He says, his mouth obscured by the cloth.

We can wait until we get at least three people in agreement of one direction. I do think right seems more interesting.

Sovereign Court

Vogue sifts through the outfits contained in his courtesan's kit, selecting an ascot tie appropriate to the current fashion trends of Absalom to set in place over his mouth before entering. He unfastens his elven branched spear as he steps into the museum entry room and lets loose his ioun torch from his pocket to provide more light in the room.

"Curious, this mist..." he says in a muffled voice. Vogue then intones the words to a spell to detect magic in the area.

Does having your mouth covered this way impart any penalties to verbal spell components?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.1 | AC 16 (T 11/FF 15) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Yaiho reaches into his pack and pulls out a dirty, blood stained, rag and uses it to cover his mouth and nose.

Looking at the doors and reading the messages on them, he nods with Naseem. "Hunting Beasts of Legends. Yaiho agrees. Tough monsters probably there. Kill strong monsters first." Yaiho grips the handle of his earth breaker tightly with excitement of a nearby battle.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st level: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

I just realized the explorer's outfit actually says it does include a scarf. I guess he forgot that particular accessory when he went out this morning... and after today will never leave home without it again.

Nadric shivers slightly at the cold touch of the mist, but is glad that none of them seem to be affected by it. He gawks upwards at the impressive ceiling for a minute, and then around his own protective cloth he says, "I hope we can at least look into each of the rooms before we leave, so the exact order doesn't matter too much to me. Beasts of Legend sounds like as good a place to start as any." He unstraps his shortbow and readies it with his right hand just in case.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Danicka scurries after the others nervously, jumping at every sound and odd shape in the mist...

Beasts it is.

Perception as we go: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Apologies for late arrival. I am in a glacier in Patagonia! No wifi until a few minutes ago. I will be disconnected during he day until Saturday.

A massive and muscular half-orc wearing well worn and smelly hide armor jogs up towards the museum stairs. He slows down as he notices the five figures peering into the mist filled lounge and grins, "Sorry I'm late... First time in the city and this place is confusing", he says in a deep baritone voice.

He retrieves a massive axe that he carries strapped on his back. He pulls out a rag and ties it across his face after seeing a few of the gathered protecting themselves.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"I'm Zane... by the way", he finishes under his breathe.

He smiles at the signs of Hunting Beasts of Legends. He nods, "Yes that way..."

Perception peering into the hall: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Danicka lets out a squeal at the sudden arrival of the half-orc behind her. Mortified, she blushes furiously. "I... oh my..." she stutters.

He scared me half to death! How embarrassing! Enough snivelling! Be brave!

"Danicka Raburnus!" she exclaims suddenly, extending her hand for a handshake. Then she turns back to the way forward. "Yes, let's... go."

Sovereign Court

Zane Shivers wrote:

[ooc] Apologies for late arrival. I am in a glacier in Patagonia! No wifi until a few minutes ago.

If there was an award for coolest reason for post delay, this gets my vote! My compliments on fitting in some PFS play in while also amid adverse conditions. Just further reinforces the variety of people you can meet in Society play, which I dig.

A moment of ambivalent conflict crosses Vogue's face as his nose crinkles at the newcomer's earthy aroma in conjunction with an admiring raise of the eyebrow at the heft of the axe that will surely be put to great use this day.

"Vogue," he says with a nod and tapping his chest.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane wipes his hand on the cleanest part of his breeches and heartily grabs the young girls dainty hand, "Nice to meet yuh!", he beams his friendly grin, which is still terribly intimidating, "I hope I did not scare yuh miss".

He nods at Vogue and grins again. It is clear that he is excited and a little overwhelmed by the sounds, sights and smells of the City.

Thank you! This is the most beautiful place ever, and something I have had on my bucket list for a long time. Definately worth it!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st level: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

That sounds amazing!

"I'm Nadric. Make sure you keep your face covered from the... well, I see you figured that out already. Pleased to have you with us!" Nadric smiles at the half-orc, even though nobody can see it beneath the cloth.

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

Add me to the list of people who thinks that sounds sweet.

He nods in Zane's direction before turning his attention back to the task at hand.

Alright, now that we're all here, lets head in there and slaughter whatever is cursing this besotted place!"

With that, he strides confidently toward the door and opens it.

Barbarian and I up front, Bard and wizard in the back. Fighter and druid in the middle if we go 2-by-2.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Agreed.

Danicka follows the others into the room, at the back of the line.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Entering the Eastern Exhibit Hall: Hunting the Beasts of Legend

This gigantic chamber is relatively free of mist, and darkness is held at bay by braziers of radiant light. Behemoths occupy these halls, great taxidermy nightmares such as a two-headed bear easily taller than an ogre; a great desiccated beetle, its carapace larger than the face of the clock tower of Absalom’s Clockwork Cathedral; a massive specimen of chimera, its jaws open in a mock roar; and an assembled skeleton of a tyrant lizard. The walls here are studded with strange masks, staves, spears, and other implements of long forgotten cultures, most likely used in ritual hunts of the beasts preserved here.

Room Map

The room has a 50 foot ceiling to accommodate the various large creatures. A few crates from the recent Mwangi expiation are opened and look to have been in the process of being unloaded before whatever befell the museum happen.

Feel free to move about the room to examine the various artifacts. Everyone roll two Perception checks as you carefully look though the exhibits and crates if you have not rolled any yet. Zane and Danicka can roll on more.

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

Naseems moves a few steps forward examining some of the artifacts, looking for threats, traps, loot and anything else of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Check one

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Check two

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st level: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Nadric enters cautiously, bracing himself for one of those intimidatingly enormous taxidermy creatures to come to life and leap at them. When nothing happens immediately, he moves across the room to inspect the masks and weapons hung on the wall.

Perception 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.1 | AC 16 (T 11/FF 15) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Yaiho moves to the center of the room, glancing around occasionally at the objects and creatures but keeps his eyes open for any threats that might challenge him or harm the squishy members of his group.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Danicka enters the room last, nervous and jumpy. As she examines the artifacts and displays in the room, she calms down--nerves soothed by curiosity. She inspects each display slowly as we pass by, interested in what she can learn.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Ouch. Clearly she's forgotten about the danger and is far more interested in touring the museum.

Oh, how interesting! Oh and look at this... What a unique specimen!

Sovereign Court

Vogue strides forward, noting the two doors on the north wall.

Hmmm, I'll want to check those doors out for tracks or signs of recent use after we give this room a good inspection, unless this threat is of the sort not capable of leaving tracks...

Perception roll 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Perception roll 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

State of the Room: Naseem, Zane, Yailho, Vogue:

The room seems abandoned quickly. Tools and packing materials are still scattered near the crates. Faint laughter can me heard from far eastern (lower) door.

Masks Cracking: Naseem, Nardic

Aside for the various trophies in the room, a mask on the north eastern corner of the room (lower right) begins to shake and crack. You are able to alter the rest of your party as small bat winged creatures are seen as the burst forth from the mask.

Init, Naseem: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Init, Nardic: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Init, Vogue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Init, Yaiho: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Init, Zane: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Init, Danicka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
”Bat” Red: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
”Bat” Grey: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

ROUND 1
Zane
Yaiho
Naseem
Nardic
Danicka
"Bat" Grey
Vogue
"Bat" Red

Knowledge (planes) to identify the creatures

Everyone except Vogue can act while the "bats" break from the mask but are still flatfooted and have not moved. They are currently 5 feet off the ground as they burst from the mask

No need to post in order, I will resolve everything in order and will adjust to most favorable changes if needed.

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

"Eyes open people! there's bats or something like that flying out!" Naseem shouts to the group.

First, he attempts to identify what the hell they are.

Knowledge Planes +Monster Lore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Then he uses a free action to drop his greatsword and moves 15 ft forward to the bats (or whatever) while drawing and loading his crossbow.

I think that's two move actions. If not, he moves 15 feet forward and shoots. If he can't move, he'll use the action to just draw the crossbow.

Crossbow shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d8 ⇒ 4

Edit: Damn it lol. I don't think I get to shoot anyway, but here's a crit confirm just in case

Crossbow shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d8 ⇒ 3

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F+1 R+3 W+2 | Init +5 | Perc +4 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st level: 2/2 | Active conditions: None

Pst, it's Nadric, not Nardic

As he's inspecting a mask, he catches movement out of the corner of his eye. Another one of these things is not just a mask!

Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

He takes a step forward and smoothly draws an arrow, nocks it to the string and sends it flying towards the nearest bat-thing.

Attack+point blank: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

Nadric... I have updated my Cut and Paste

Naseem, yes draw is one move, and load is another. Since your BAB is +1 you can still move the 15ft while you draw. But not get the shot off since you don't carry the xbow loaded

Naseem does recognize the "bats" as Vargouilles. Outsiders that are known to shriek to paralyze their foes and then attack them while helpless.

Nadric's shot skitters along the back of the wall.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Danicka lets out a shriek of alarm as she notices the 'bats.'

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 If she learns anything helpful she shares it with the group (exclaiming as loud as she can).

She hurries forward and squeaks out some arcane words as she points at the nearest bat, firing a beam of cold from her fingertip directly at it.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1 cold damage

The Exchange

Male Oread Inquisitor lvl 2 21/21 hp, AC 18 (FF 16, Tch 12 ), Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +6, Perception +7, initiative +10 Move speed 15 feet, Main weapon MW Greatsword 2H +5 2d6+4, Profession Miner +6, Knowledges: Dungeoneering, Planes, Arcana, Religion +3

No problem, I didn't think I could shoot this round. TY for letting me know though.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane moves quickly to place himself between the flying bats and the squishier members of the group, he then readies his greataxe to swipe any bats that get into his melee range.

He moves to to position in front of Danika and behind crate. Ready action: Attack flying bats. He does not have a ranged weapon readily available. If bats stay away from melee range, next round he will swap out his great axe for his sling.

Perception for last round: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

as good as not doing anything. I am not sure how to move my token on the linked map. I am responding from iPhone so may be limitation of phone, but just checking.

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Now, now. Danicka greatly appreciates you being a human shield... lol

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.1 | AC 16 (T 11/FF 15) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Yaiho smiles and with no fear, moves to confront the bat creatures. As he reaches them instead of using his earth breaker, he chomps down on the bat directly in front of him.

Bite (Razortusk) vs Grey 'Bat' (Flat-footed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Move Action: 20'
Standard Action: Attack

@ Zane: I believe I heard other players say they can't move tokens from cell phones. I'm not sure of a way around that. But if you tell us how you want to be moved, I'm sure one of us will move your token for you. P.S. I moved your token for you.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

@Yaiho: thank you. Have tried a number of ways to access Google docs and none work. I will try and be as descriptive as possible so someone can move character. You moved him exactly where I wanted.

Scarab Sages

Citadel of Flames Maps

The Grey Vargouille shrieks as it is bitten by Yaiho

Fort SV, Naseem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Fort SV, Nadric: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Fort SV, Vogue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Fort SV, Yaiho: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Fort SV, Zane: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Fort SV, Danicka: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Zane and Danicka are stunned for 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

The Vargouille attempts to fly away, but Yahio can swipe as it tries to fly away

Yaiho gets an AoO. Vogue gets to act

Silver Crusade

Female Wizard (exploiter wizard) 1 | HP: 6/6 | AC 11 (T 11, FF 10) | CMB: +0 CMD: 11 | F:+0 R:+1 W:+4 | Init +1 | Perc +3, SM +2, Diplomacy +1 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Arcane Reservoir 4/4, Tireless Logic 0/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Bracer of Static Hair (??)

Five rounds?! Ouch!

Danicka suddenly goes rigid and the strange broom in her hands clatters to the floor.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1.1 | AC 16 (T 11/FF 15) | CMB +6 CMD 17 (FF 16) | HP 15/15 | Init +2 | Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 | Perception +4 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 6/6 (+2 Temp HP, -2 AC, +2 Hit/Dam, +2 Will) | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object

Tasting the blood of the 'bat', Yaiho excitement for more blood causes him to raise his Earth Breaker at the 'bat' trying to escape such fun.

Earth Breaker AoO vs Fleeing Vargouille: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 5) + 7 = 18

Sovereign Court

Vogue brandishes his branched spear as he rushes up behind Yaiho as fast as his bulky armor will allow.

"Yaiho, I once heard of a musical performer who supposedly ate a bat's head at a concert. Always thought it a bit of an urban legend, now I believe I might rethink its artistic validity..."

Double move next to Yaiho with my reach weapon. The Phalanx Formation feat makes it so allies don't count as soft cover when I have reach. I can't attack this round but am in position for next round.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Half-Orc (Mystic) Druid (Goliath) 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Destructive Smite: 5/5 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Zane is overwhelmed by the piercing shriek, and grabs his head with his left hand, clasping the axe in his right, succumbing to the despair.

Yikes! Five rounds out of commission... :(

1 to 50 of 233 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] 0-05 Mist of Mwangi (Roving Dachshund) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.