Mort's Strange Aeons (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Map

Dreamlands excursion ritual


151 to 200 of 3,074 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

'Thank the gods that is over, we need to get out of here.' Nodding his head in agreement with Howard, "Yes thank the gods."

Seamus retrieves his longbow and putting the Morningstar away looks at fluffy, "It seems you have stopped the bleeding Vincent, with time, it should be ok."

pointing the general direction of the orderly, then heading toward the only door, "Earlier I asked Campre about the office so we can look at our files and find out why were here. After fighting the dopply thing then the little monster here and it's rats I just want to leave."

His hand shaking, Seamus opens the door sending his dancing lights out he peaks his head out into the hallway.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

Vincent tears some rags into strips and bandages Fluffy up to staunch the bleeding. Fluffy is still unconscious, so he puts the cat in his backpack.

Campre is shaking badly after the fight and stumbles unsteadily on following the party’s lead.

Seamus opens the door, and sends dancing lights into the hallway. Broken lanterns and several battered doors line this cold, rubble strewn hall. To the south, a pair of swinging doors lie shattered upon a 3-foot high heap of wrecked furniture clogging a broad doorframe. Lanterns flicker upon the walls, casting shadows upon several closed doors beyond the ramshackle barricade.

What is more alarming is the fact that four humans have their crossbows leveled at Seamus's head as he peeks out, ”Whoa, there! We got more here! Stay where you are or we’ll shoot!” They yell at the party.

The barricade has AC 5, hardness 5, and 40 hit points per 5 foot square, break DC of 20 and provides cover to creatures within 30 feet of it but an attacker can ignore the cover if he is closer to the barricade then his target.


'Stay where you are? That's never going to happen, I'm leaving.' Stepping out the door into the hallway, His hand shaking, Seamus pushes his hair back and tries to put on his best smile. Unfortunately his nerves a mess, it ends up looking like his third best smile. Not even attempting a pose he points back toward the group. "I'm Seamus and were just trying to find someplace safe, we have Campre with us. He was badly injured by a monster in the basement. Can you help us or at least point us toward the door out of this mad house?"

really trying to just influence attitude right now. I have still included the +2 diplomacy for the Ustalav parade armor, if were not in Ustalav please disreguard :-)
diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

There is some hesitation in their eyes and they call out, "We'll call the Captain."

There is a sound of a door opening and a man in a more elaborate guard uniform steps out into view. "I am Captain Vaustin." He looks at the party, weighing his options. "You can leave Campre in the hallway, in our sights. He should be safe enough."

"But YOU on the other hand, how do we know you're not one of THEM?" He asks Seamus. He thinks for a moment then says,"Bring back a few dead doppelgangers, then we'll rethink whose side you're on. 3 will suffice.


'Dead doppelgangers, they want us to kill those things?' Seamus looks from his friends to Campre then back to the captain, shrugging his shoulders, giving the captain a deep bow. "A pleasure Captai Vaustin, I am Seamus Passeri of the Karcau Passeris. We were prisoners of one of THEM, we stopped it from torturing Campre and with his help we were able to escape."

Seamus looks around, his hand shaking nervously, "We tried to kill IT but it ran off. The skin was really tough, I don't know if we have the strength to even kill one of THEM. May we borrow a couple of crossbows to shoot THEM with? It would be really helpful."

making a request
diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
not really sure what to ask for here, I guess range weapons would help some.


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

Captain Vasutin throws over a light crossbow and 20 bolts after considering Seamus's words carefully. "We don't have much to spare here, and we're running out of supplies. If you could bring back any supplies you can salvage out there, it would help. Also, one of ours, Baisily Harbour has gone missing. She is Varisian, 25 years old, has long brown hair and was last wearing a white shirt and brown breaches. If you find her, please bring her back to us."


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

"We will do what we can. That doppelganger was a monster." Dakash says, frowning.


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent peeks his head out, looking in the other direction and seeing what may be doors. "We can go that way, maybe. What's down that way?" he yells the last at the men behind the barricade.


'Well we got something out of them. That proves I still got it, Long brown hair I wonder what else this Varisian girl looks like.' Seamus' hand stops trembling as he smiles, straitening his collar and then running his fihgers through his hair as he waits for the guards to answer Vincent.

Nodding to Campre as the man passes headed to the barricade, He picks up the crossbow and quiver of quarrels and offers it to one the others, smiling. "At least we got a crossbow out of 'em."

Nodding toward the several doors nearby, "I'm really not much of a scout, I just want to leave. Do any of you want to take point, I will support them with my bow. I am good at that, I have actually won a couple of shooting trophies. Of course I'm not as good shooting as I am singing, but that's obvious right."

His right hand begins to quiver slightly as he draws a couple of arrows, He then waits to see who starts to lead the party toward one of the doors.


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Before he follows, Dakash retrieves one of the vials marked cure light wounds and drinks it.

Cure: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I hope we are equipped to deal with whatever is happening here.


Dakash Rami Mindu wrote:
I hope we are equipped to deal with whatever is happening here.

you can say think that again brother...

you know what I think we should get to improve our chances of survival... a slayer, or a fighter or a ranger or a ...

*winks at Mort*

Just sayin'


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

"To the west is what's left of the laundry. " One of the guards says.

"To the east are the storage rooms and what's left of the staff offices."The second guard adds in.

"The hallway has mostly collapsed in the north. We shot at a couple of doppelgangers and they stopped pursuing us. Don't know if we managed to get any..."The third guard pipes up.

"Then we erected this barricade to better protect the rest of us.Good thing too, since some crazed people in yellow robes started attacking us but we managed to repel them off."


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

There is a shocked gasp from the guards and Captain Vasutin as Campre with his orderly uniform stained with his blood, and multiple knife wounds on stumbles into view.

”Denman..it’s me, Campre. They’re-”Campre utters, then his legs refuse to support him after the twin strain of climbing up the vent and the earlier fight, and he collapses from exhaustion.

"We've got a man down! Get Winter!" Captain Vaustin orders, and one of the guards goes behind the doors and then a woman dressed in a black uniform, with one green eye and one amber eye, with a dagger on her belt hurriedly steps out of it. "Where's the casualty?"" The woman asks Captain Vaustin, then spots Campre lying on the ground. She pulls out a spiral on her belt and begins to chant.

Spellcraft Howard: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Howard recognizes the spell she is casting as stabilize.

Knowledge religion Vincent: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 7 + (1) = 24

Vincent recognizes the spiral on her belt as a holy symbol of Pharasma.

Knowledge local Vincent: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + (2) = 14

Vincent recognizes her leather uniform as one of those of royal investigators.

Then the woman addresses the party, "I am Winter Klaczka, leader of the survivors. Captain Vaustin may seem harsh - but he is just trying to protect the rest of us from whatever that lies beyond in the hallway. If you will aid us, I can help you and offer you sanctuary, but I need to conserve some strength in case the barricade comes under attack again."


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent puts Fluffy's body with Campre. "Take care of this cat, no use lugging it around with us to fight doppelgangers..."

He nods his head for the others to follow and moves towards the rubble and the doors, keeping a watch for anything unusual and trying not to make a lot of noise.

Perception: 1d1 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Stealth: 1d1 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Well then... At least I got those out of my system haha


1 person marked this as a favorite.

'Ow, that must have hurt. I wonder if he meant to trip on that rock.' Following behind Vincent, bow in hand, Seamus smiles and leans over to Dakash. "Vincent is really smart, making all that noise. This way the dopply things can find us and we can kill them quickly and get out of here."


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

Why are you rolling a d1, Vincent? :p

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

"Chaplain Sektrakian, the priest of Desna, has also gone missing in the patient uprising - we managed to escape - to fortify ourselves here, but I don't know what happened to him." Winter informs the party, with a worried expression on her face. "Thin middle aged Ustalavian man, dressed in chaplains robes of a starry night sky. Has a scar on his left arm."

The party hears the sound of something thumping against another, followed by a faint, muffled shriek in the direction of the storage rooms. The storage room doors are closed, but do not appear to be trapped.

The party also hears someone cry out something from the direction of the laundry, but cannot make out the words.

Vincent, Howard and Dakash also hear the sound of faint moaning from the staff offices.

I'll give you your take 10 perception

Once the party is a relatively safe distance away, Captain Vasutin and another guard climb over the barricade and use a make shift stretcher to carry Campre and Fluffy back to the barricade, under the watchful eyes of the other two guards. Then Winter directs them to another door and they dissappear out of sight.


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent points towards the cry (mainly for Seamus benefit) and stalks towards the door. If open he peeks in subtly. If closed he listens at it and tries to find any traps. If no traps he tests the handle to see if it is locked and motions for the others to get ready to handle whatever is inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

My standard operating procedure for doors FYI if you need to bot me or speed things along


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Dakash holds his staff defensively, and follows slowly behind Vincent.


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

As Vincent heads towards the door, to the right the party see the walls between the hall and this office have largely collapsed, exposing debris-cluttered desks, toppled lockers, and several bodies. Vincent, Howard and Dakash notice that 3 of the bodies are doppelgangers, riddled with crossbow bolts while the rest garbed like Campre and that both doppelganger bodies and human bodies have lengths of flesh stripped away from them.

B11

A battered elderly woman looks to be pinned underneath some debris with her leg twisted at an unnatural angle. "Please, you have to help me! She feebly pleads with the party.

GM only:

bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Howard sense Mo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Dakash sense mo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
VINCENT sense Mo: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Seamus sense mo: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Dakash thinks there's something not quite right about the situation but can't really pinpoint it.

What would party want to do?

Rubble is DT


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Dakash approaches slowly, using his staff to pick over the rubble, "Can you walk?"

Odd that the guards didn't mention stragglers. Was she left for dead?


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

"I can't walk!" She moans in pain. "I think my leg's broken!"

GM only:

BLUFF: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Howard sense Mo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Dakash sense mo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
VINCENT sense Mo: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Seamus sense mo: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Everyone thinks that the elderly woman is genuine!


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent eyes the woman suspiciously. He looks about the room and the woman, studying it for anything out of the ordinary or useful.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"What are you doing here?"

Vincent isn't exactly a good person, but he won't stop the others from helping. At the same time, he is automatically going to distrust anyone in doppelganger land who isn't already dead. Especially since if it's not a doppelganger it's probably a mental patient, lol


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

"I was trying to follow the rest to escape the mob of yellow robed cultists but some debris fell on me and now I can't move!" The elderly woman gasps. "Please, save me!"

Vincent notices that the debris on her look to be "new additions" and seem to be loosely packed (aka easy to get in and out off) , as opposed to the other debris that appear to have collapsed a while back.

GM only:

BLUFF: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Howard sense Mo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Dakash sense mo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
VINCENT sense Mo: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Seamus sense mo: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Claude sense Mo: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Everyone thinks the elderly woman is telling the truth!


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent nods, "Ok. Hold on."

He ushers everyone, quickly and forcibly if necessary, out of the room and then whispers, "That scene is staged. The collapse happened well before she got there. She's either a mental patient or a doppelganger. Or the debris picked itself up and landed on her a second time. No, Seamus, it didn't."


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

As Vincent ushers the party put of the room, the elderly woman gives a plaintive cry, "You're not going to leave me here alone to die in the dark, are you?!"

GM only:

BLUFF: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Howard sense Mo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Dakash sense mo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
VINCENT sense Mo: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Seamus sense mo: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Claude sense Mo: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Howard, Vincent and Dakash realize her cries are fake and she's lying through her teeth!


'Find a girl and a priest, watch out for yellow robes and dopply things.' Seamus follows Vincent, not worried about trying to make a lot of noise. when he sees the bodies in the collapses office area he asks. "Didn't they say bring them three dead dopply things, can't we just take them those over there? They didn't say we had to kill them, they just said bring them three. Oh and why do all the bodies have strips of skin missing?"

'Poor little old lady, and to think I might have shot her accidentally.' Seamus lowers his bow, feeling sorry for her. 'Dakash will help her...' Seamus looks aghast from Dakash to Vincent, 'I know she's not one of the people we were sent to save, but we should help her.'

'Hold on, why does Vincent want to hold on?' Very confused, Seamus follows Vincent, "I don't understand, why aren't we helping.." As Vincent explains what he thought happened, Seamus starts to interrupt. "But what if ... Oh, ok, nevermind."

Hearing her plaintive cry Seamus hand starts to twitch "Aw, come on guys she sounds so innocent. I have a plan." He holds up one of his arrows, "The Dopply things have tough skin. So all we have to do is poke her with an arrow and prove she has soft human skin. That is what we should do."

Seamus believes she is human, so he will tell her to let him poke her.

Smiling Seamus walks into the room toward the old woman. "Hi, my name is Seamus and I'm here to help. My friend thinks your lying and might be a dopply thing. So just be still and I will poke you with an arrow, proving your skin is human and we should rescue you. So hold still, this won't hurt much." Seamus pauses for a moment to make sure the old lady assents to his idea before he approaches her.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

"You're freaking poking me with an arrow to prove that I'm human?"The elderly woman stares at Seamus, aghast, her jaw dropping open.

"You're off your rocker!" She retorts then with surprising strength, she throws off the debris on her and leaps to her feet, her leg reforming to a functional limb before the party's very eyes and her unkempt nails extending into claws.

Party up


'I guess I was wrong' "Hey I was trying to help!" Seamus steps back and nocking the arrow to his bow fires it and a second one at the little old lady.

5 ft step, Attack: Longbow, PBS, RS
attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

The first arrow hits her shoulder, but surprisingly little blood comes out of the arrow wound. 3 dmg done

The second bounces off her forearm, proving that she has really tough skin.

Also you can't 5ft step as you're on rubble


GM Mort wrote:

The first arrow hits her shoulder, but surprisingly little blood comes out of the arrow wound. 3 dmg done

Also you can't 5ft step as you're on rubble

I put him back


Also, with Mort's permission (she's on her phone which doesn't do maps well) I moved the party back to where they could have had a 'private' conversation. Then placed Seamus forward as the action described.

Dark Archive

Male Human Conjuror (Spirit Binder) / Summoner (Synthesist) 15 (HP 153+114/153+114) (AC 42/15/37) (CMD 38) (Fort +22, Ref +23, Will +23 (+31 Vs Enchantment; additional +3 Vs Mind-affecting) (Init +17) (Perception +40)

Howard swallows, and once again pats Vincent on the shoulder, sharing with the man to hear the whispers that constantly besiege him...

Guidance.

Some day, the +1 may actually matter ;-)


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent's mouth hangs agape at Seamus' decision to poke it. He steps up and stabs at the creature with his spear.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

Vincent manages stab his longspear into its abdomen, inflicting a rather deep stab. 9 dmg done


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Dakash moves to stand next to Seamus, ready to attack if the creature approaches.

"Stay back, creature."

Ready:

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

The creature snarls in frustration as Dakash stands in front of Vincent. She then steps up, ducking under Dakash's swing and tries to claw Seamus up.

Acro to avoid AOO, Vincent: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Vincent tries to stab at it as it passes but his strike does not have enough leverage to stab through her tough skin.

Vincent AOO: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Cover factored in

Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Her claw arches harmlessly over Seamus's head.

Party up


"Why are you attacking me? I was just trying to help!" Aghast that the old woman with the nasty claws is scratching at him, he nervously draws his Morningstar and tries to hit her with it.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 for damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Did anyone want the crossbow Seamus bummed off of the guards?


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

Seamus clonks the old woman over the head some, revealing grey flesh and she staggers, slightly dazed. 15 dmg done


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Dakash assumes a defensive stance and moves to flank the creature.

AC 18


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

The creature attempts to rake Dakash with its wicked claws.

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

It rips into Dakash, opening a large gnash from shoulder to hip.


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

Howard continues patting Vincent on the shoulder, sharing with the man to hear the whispers that constantly besiege him...

Guidance on Vincent


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent tries to stab it again in the stomach.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

Vincent manages to stab it in the stomach exposing more grey flesh and sending out a spurt of blood. It looks like it's on its last legs. 22dmg done

Seeing itself flanked, it tries to clear some of its attackers off, starting with the wounded Dakash, as it frantically tries to lash out with its claws.

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dakash, expecting the attack, manages to sidestep the first set of claws, but the second set of claws catches him on his throat and he goes down. Dakash - you're at - 4

"Once I'm done with him," It looks meaningfully at Seamus, "It'll be your turn."It threatens Vincent.

Dakash only:

You wander in an endless cloud of yellow vapor. Other shapes form and vanish in the mist, fleeting, unsettling things that refuse to be focused upon. After what seems like a lifetime, an exhausted-looking man with a ponytail of straight, white hair stumbles through, ranting, “What have I done?" He tries to move past you.

Party up

Dark Archive

Male Human Conjuror (Spirit Binder) / Summoner (Synthesist) 15 (HP 153+114/153+114) (AC 42/15/37) (CMD 38) (Fort +22, Ref +23, Will +23 (+31 Vs Enchantment; additional +3 Vs Mind-affecting) (Init +17) (Perception +40)

Howard continues to help Vincent to hear the whispers...

Guidance.


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent once again tries to stab the creature. Also my first attack should be +6 so that's another 2 damage woo

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Watch out Seamus."


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

2 more damage wouldnt have done it.

Vincent, with those maddening voices pointing out an opening in his ear, manages to stab the creature in its heart and as it collapses, it reverts to its doppelganger form.

I'll assume you'll come to Dakash's aid eventually

Vincent searches the place, finds strips of doppelganger and human flesh laid out neatly in one drawer, together with a masterwork silver dagger. Among the debris he finds also wooden holy symbol of Pharasma, a small steel mirror, and a pair of gaudy red leather boots with cat skin lining (worth 20 gp), 2 ink pens and 2 vials of ink, 5 sheets of paper which are still salvageble. He finds what is left of the patient records...

Gave you the result of your earlier perception of 25


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent pulls out the wand while working on searching the room and touches Dakash with it.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

He looks over his condition and repeats the spell.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

patient records:

Patient Record Baisily Harbour

Female Human age 23

Committed 7 Erastus 4717

Circumstances Transferred from Vieland

Attending Doctor Oathsday

Baisily is a mostly cheeful person who sleepwalks and seems to be more prone to such episodes of the late.

Treatment Therapy, observation

Patient Record Bates Yopchick

Male Human age 9

Committed 20 Abadius 4719

Attending Doctor Chawaar

Circumstances Transferred from Barstoi

Bates was admitted for regular seizures after a bout of fever and his condition declines if he is not on medication.

Treatment Anti seizure medication, Therapy, Observation

Patient Record Brenton Lieklan

Male Human age 7

Committed 13 Gozran 4720

Circumstances Transferred from Canterwall

Attending Doctor Latchke

His brother Debis was admitted together with him. Both siblings are traumatized after their parents were slain by orcs in front of them. Brenton appears to have settled down some and has taken to his books.

Treatment Therapy, Observation

Patient Record Debis Lieklan

Male human age 7

Committed 13 Gozran 4720

Circumstances Transferred from Canterwall

Attending Doctor Latchke

His brother Brenton was admitted together with him. Both siblings are traumatized after their parents were slain by orcs in front of them. Debis does not see to responding to treatment and has become more and more withdrawn and has nightmares. He often wakes up screaming and the only thing that can calm him down is the shadow lantern which was giving to the siblings by their parents.

Treatment Therapy, Observation


Strange Aeons Map Strange Aeons On going: Black Stars Beckon| Loot sheet

Most of this area has collapsed into a heap of dense gray rubble. The occasional clattering pebble makes it sound as though the mound is not entirely settled, and more rubble could collapse at any moment. The party sees the female body of someone dressed in the same uniform as Campre lying on the ground, buried in rubble.

The party moves to investigate the door to the left. As they approach they hear someone proclaim the word, "Praise!"

151 to 200 of 3,074 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mort's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.