Mort's Strange Aeons (Inactive)

Game Master Just a Mort

Strange Aeons Map

Dreamlands excursion ritual


451 to 500 of 3,074 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet


ninja'd my Mort
Seamus looks towards Winter as she speaks, "Is there another way out of the Morgue?"


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

"Not that I know off, but I've never been inside there myself." Winter answers.


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

"I've a bad feeling about it. Maybe I'm just afraid of getting another blast of blood to the face. If this leads to a lower level perhaps we should finish searching this level of the asylum? There's got to be another way into that room with the geyser."

As he says so he asks winter about that room and alternate entrances.

He notices Seamus is still wounded and uses the wand on him.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Is anyone else wounded, I've kind of lost track. I think I'm at 14?


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

You bled out a bit so you were at - 6,then +19, total 13 hp


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

As Vincent describes the room, Winter answers, "You could get there from the admitting room which is just east of here. " Then she notices the east side has collapsed and looks at it in dismay. "Well, before the earthquake, that is."

"Otherwise try the foot path from the Visitor's room. C4" Winter suggests."Wait a minute. What geyser are you talking about and what about blasts of blood to your face? Do you need to lie down for a while?" Winter looks at Vincent, concerned.


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent chuckles, "Do you really want to know? I'm not crazy if that's what you are wondering."
He looks at the others.
Do we want to try the foot path?


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

"Well after that mauling you got...I was expecting that statement more from Seamus rather then you, but the body sometimes works in strange ways." Winter replies.

"If you're talking about supernatural phenomena, I may be able to help unravel it." Winter offers. "Why don't you tell me, in as much detail as possible."


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent explains in exact details a recounting of the door, it's appearance, and the effects.


'Try the footpath and go outside?' His hand twitching uncontrollably Seamus looks at Vincent like he must be crazy. then he settles down as Vincent begins to tell Winter about their experience.

He nods his head in agreement as the investigator explains the events, often pointing to different directions or things as they come up in conversation; Blushing slightly when Vincent describes how Seamus 'tossed his cookies' on the winged, tailed, faceless thing.

Once the explanation and discussion with Winter is over, Seamus nods to the door. "I don't mind trying the foot path for the other door, but I don't want to be outside very long."


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Hmmm - that sounds like a haunt. An unquiet spirit - did you see what caused the blood beyond? You would need to get to the source." Winter listens to the rest of Vincent's explaination," A rotound old woman did you say? And a gaping wound on her chest that was the source of it? I suspect that the old woman was once a patient here. Do you know who the old lady in question was, and why she would have a gaping hole in her chest? It may be the key to closing the hole and stemming the blood flow."

As the party turns to leave, Winter and her guards head back to the barricade.


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

C5

Rustic flagstones create a path through a bed of wilted flowers and shrubs, the foilage shriveled as if drowned by the surrounding sea of dense yellow fog. Though the unnatural mist muffles every motion, a sound like the flapping of giant wings splits through the fog bank, causing it to swirl as if seeking escape.

GM only:

Vincent Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Dakash Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Howard perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Seamus Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Everyone except Dakash hears digging n the earth around them and see disturbances in the mulch. They run for the door at the end of the garden path and Vincent opens it using one of the keys they picked up earlier, just as pale headless like wormy bats with too many limbs burrow forth and begin flopping and snuffling impotently.

The party manages to get into the room and slams the door shut, as those wormy bats with too many limbs burst into the air as one.

Dakash Knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Howard knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Vincent knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 7 + (6) = 22

Vincent and Howard recognizes the swarm of wormy bats as a swarm of pallid wrigglers. As they are diminutive, they are immune to weapon damage. The pallid wriggler swarm can also make strange noises that makes them even more distracting. The DC to distraction ability by swarm is increased by 2.

Without the keys, Vincent would need to do a Disable Device check to open the door, and on failure, you'd have to deal with the stuff outside.


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

D1

Pale paint peels like scabs from the walls of this spacious chamber. A bent desk guards a broad hall stretching away to the north, while curtained frames shroud the room's eastern quarter. This place smells faintly of rubbing alcohol.

Curtain frames that stand 7 feet tall and 5 feet wide divide a portion of the room. These adjustable, utilitarian walls are made of nearly transparent fabric and can be opened or destroyed with little effort. On a stool burns a lit hooded lantern. The light glows through the curtains but doesn't flicker as it should being cold and weirdly paralyzed.

Slopping from a pile of dirty gauze, two grotesque oozes of diseased matters crawl towards the party.

Seamus init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Howard Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Dakash Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Vincent Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
ooze init: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (3) - 5 = -2

Dakash knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Howard knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Vincent knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (5) = 13

Vincent cannot remember what these oozes are, but Dakash and Howard know that they are boilborns.

Sufficiently high knowledge checks were rolled so I'm giving everything on the bestiary listing

Howard guides Vincent with maddening voices.

Party up


earlier
'Why are we going all at once, shouldn't we send someone to pick the lo...oh a key ok.' Seamus stands near the exit door looking nervously at the others. When he sees the key, he nods his head and opens the door, "Be very quiet."

'Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods, What is that?" Moving quickly across the cobbles to the other door. Just as Vincent open the door Seamus sees what was making the noise, wormy multi-limbed bats and begins to scream like a little girl gnome. I don't want to offend any ladies present, gnomes...I'm not so worried about. Aaaaaaaagggghhhh! Get in! Get in! Get in!"

As they rush in the building Seamus stops screaming, looking around the room and then at the others, "What!"

now
Seamus will delay until Dakash or Vincent moves so he can 5 ft. step and get a clean shot at the creature on the north wall.

"Yuck, hey one of you guys move so I can get a clean shot at the one on the north wall" Seamus steps forward and drawing two arrows fires at the ooze to the north.

5 ft step, Attack: Longbow, PBS, RS, PS
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

"Spread out. These boils can burst." Dakash says as he moves to the center of the room and draws his crossbow.


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Seamus moves up and fires his bow in quick succession, sticking the northern most boilborn with his two arrows. It's still quivering around though.


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent groans. "Great. Exploding pus."

Keeping his distance per Dakash, he pulls a shortspear and chucks it at the same one Seamus hit.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

He watches it clatter harmlessly a good 10 feet from it's target and rolls his eyes. moving 10ft left along wall


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

One of them charges at Dakash and tries to whack him, which Dakash just sidesteps, while the other moves towards Vincent.

slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Vincent longspear AOO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

A tired Vincent doesn't quite manage to spear the tiny thing.

Howard fills Seamus's head with maddening voices. Guidance on Seamus

Party up


"Watch out guys!" Seamus steps back, close enough for Howard to touch him, 'what? Do what with the what? He focuses on holding his hands steady, drawing two arrows and firing at the same creature.

5 ft step, Attack: Guidance, Longbow, PBS, RS, PS, I assume guidance is for only one attack.
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 17 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Guidance is for one attack only

Seamus manages to stick another arrow into into the already arrowed ooze, but it's still quivering!The second arrow arcs too high, over the ooze.

10 dmg done to unbordered ooze thus far


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Dakash steps away from the ooze chasing him and fires a bolt at the quivering one.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

His hands slip on the unfamiliar weapon, and he curses softly as he reloads.


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Sorry guys, hot work project due this weekend, bot if I am going too slow

Vincent moves back into the corner and attempts to spear the slime thing.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

The boilborn with 3 arrows sticking out is speared by Vincent and it explodes, showering him with yellow caustic fluid, which he manages to dodge the worst of it. 3 points acid dmg for Vincent

Vincent reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

GM only:

Vincent fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

The remaining boilborn goes after Dakash and rams him in his ankle.5 points dmg to Dakash

slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
dmg: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
confirm slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
dmg: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

GM only:

Dakash fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Howard continues to give Seamus guidance of maddening voices.

Party up


'yuck it splatters goo.' Seamus turns toward the other creature drawing two arrows, "Get away from it Dakash, it might explode!" Hearing the voices in his head he pinches his eyes shut to try and clear them out, he then step to the right to get a better shot, steadying his hand he fires at the remaining ooze.

5 ft step, Attack: Longbow, PBS, RS, PS, guidance
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 24 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Vincent motions for Seamus to give Dakash a chance to move back. "Ware the acid!"

He then tosses his other spear at the thing and moves to the other corner where his first spear landed.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Dakash withdraws from the creature as his allies press the attack.


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Seamus easily sticks two arrows into the creature but its still up and it charges at him, giving him a shin slap.

Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
dmg: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

GM only:

Seamus fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Howard gets the heck out of there, reading to shoot it with an acid splash as soon as Seamus gets out of the way.

Acid splash: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Seamus moves away from the creature then shoots it with an arrow.

bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Vincent tosses another spear at it.

spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

It explodes harmlessly since it is now far away from everyone. Searching the room yields nothing of value.


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Rest Flashback scene

The party returns to the barricade and settles down for a meal of watery onion broth and dried fish.

Howard volunteers to do the night watch, since he tells the party he doesn't sleep, as he knows what lies in wait for dreamers.

GM only:

??: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Howard Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Howard notices Basily Harbour sneakily trying to approach the Statue of Desna while everyone is asleep. So does Vincent, for that matter.

GM only:

Dakash Perception: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
Vincent Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Seamus Perception: 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (8) - 10 = -2

The guards, except for two of them, are asleep.

Basily notices Howard and Vincent getting suspicious, then shifts to her doppelganger form and attacks.

Seamus init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Howard Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Dakash Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Vincent Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

doppelganger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Howard sends Claude to wake Seamus up, and Seamus feels a dinosaur sink its teeth into his calf. Howard moves over to shake Dakash up.

Current status - Everyone except for Howard is prone and a unarmed. I leave it to you whether you were sleeping in armor or not since all of you are wearing light armor.

Seamus, doppelganger


'What is biting me?' Waking and seeing the doppel-ganger Seamus ignores the creature who woke him. Sitting up, picking up his bow from his side he fires an arrow from a seated position. "Leave Desna alone!"

pick up weapon, Attack: Longbow, PBS, PS
attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

"I guess all of you have to die."The doppelganger answers chillingly,as the arrow bounces off her rubbery skin.

She then moves over and claws Seamus, but he manages to dodge even while on the ground.

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Howard greases the area she is standing on.

ref: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

She manages to maintain her footing.

Party up-pls help me draw grease squares including the doppelganger


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Don't recall issue sleeping in light armor, if that's correct wouldn't have removed it. Not sure if grease denies AOO but probably provoke one for standing.

Vincent grabs his spear, standing up, and after stepping back (5ft diagonally) stabs at the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16
Attack: 1d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10


'Get away, get away, get away.' jumping to his feet Seamus jumps back from the creature, "Get away from me." and shoots an arrow at it.

stand up, 5 ft step, Attack: Longbow, PBS, RS, PS
attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
does he get an acrobatics roll to avoid the AOO while he is standing?
acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

It claws Vincent in the chest as he gets up and he spears it on its torso. 11dmg to Vincent - since this is a flashback, the 3 acid damage hasn't happened yet

Seamus manages to put an arrow into her arm and she looks badly injured. 15 dmg done

No AOO for Seamus since doppelganger doesn't have combat reflexes.

GM only:

??: 1d3 ⇒ 2


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Dakash grabs his staff and stands.


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

The doppelganger steps forward and tries to rake Vincent with her claws, opening a wide gash in his chest. He collapses onto the ground, bleeding profusely.

Acro check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

You can 5ft out of DT

claw Vincent: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

9 more pts dmg to Vincent, he's at - 7

Then it tries to claw up Seamus.

claw Seamus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Seamus manages to dodge out of the way.

Howard steps back, hiding behind Seamus.
Full action wd

Vincent Stabilize: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (10) - 6 = 4

Vincent's breathing is ragged and in shallow gasps.

Party up


'Stupid thing.' Glaring at the monster as it drops Vincent, "Get away!" Then screaming hysterically at it when it comes after him. He steps back, drawing two arrows and fires at the thing.

5 ft step, Attack: Longbow, PBS, RS, PS
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Vincent:

As the doppelganger rends your chest, you feel a flash of agony, then you mercifully black out.

Then you are somewhere else. You see Dethan, worn out and haggard, with a haunted look in his eyes, trudging across some unknown desert with gnolls and camels loaded with heavy packages. He is muttering to himself, "He calls. I hear his call. All I need to do is to find him and he will restore Mina to me."


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Both arrows fly wide as Seamus's hysteria is affecting his aim as he releases them too soon.


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Vincent:

Then the scene fades and you fall back into darkness...you sense there are two minds nearby you could possibly hitch in, but you have also overstrained your psychic senses and further taxing them may have consequences...

Do you hijack?


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

DM:
Nah I'm good no need for exhaustion lol


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

The party also recognizes from the voice of the doppelganger that it was the one that was trying to prove doppelganger skin was tougher then human skin.


NG Male Samsaran Magus 3 | hp 24/24 | AC 14, t11 f13 | Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4 | Perception +6 | Arcane Pool: 4/5 | Conditions: none

Dakash uses Spell Combat to attack.

attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 19
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 14
1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

After Dakash smashes her in the chest, breaking ribs, she looks about to fall over. She does manage to get out of the way of his backhand quartstaff swing, though. 21 dmg done

She turns on Dakash, trying to rip him apart.

claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Dakash feels her claws rend into his abdomen and can barely keep himself standing. Dakash - you're at 0 hp

Howard gives Seamus guidance of maddening voices, then runs for the guards, yelling, "Baisily Harbour is a doppelganger in disguise! Vincent's down and she's trying to kill us all!"

"We're under attack! Barrett! Go get Winter up!" One of the guards yell, then fires at the doppelganger.

crossbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

It flies overhead.

The other goes to another room yelling, "Winter! We've got a doppelganger in our midst and someone's down!"

Vincent Stabilize: 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (13) - 7 = 6

A trickle of blood dribbles out from Vincent's lip onto the chapel floor.

Seamus + Dakash up


'Oh no, not Dakash too.' Feeling Howards touch then hearing the voices, Seamus tries to focus and steadies his hands as he draws two more arrows and fires. "Good thinking Howard, get help!"

Attack: Longbow, PBS, RS, PS, guidance
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 6 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 for damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

The arrows do not penetrate the doppelgangers rubbery skin.


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

Just since we hope to rest, can I burn an inspiration on my con check to stabilize?


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Uh how do you burn inspiration when you're...out of things?


Half-Elf Investigator (Bonded) 9 / Magus (VMC); HP 81/81, Init +1, Perception +18+1d8, +4 vs traps; Vorq Perception +15+1d8; AC 18/FF 16/T 12, +3 vs traps; Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +8, +3 vs traps; CMB +11, CMD 22; Inspiration (1d8+2) 8/8; Arcane Pool (+2) 8/8;

I have inspiration left to use. It's supposed to symbolize luck and ingenuity and works on ability checks? Idk what you mean by out of things haha. I have 2/4 inspiration left


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

It's the urm do you get a turn while you're unconscious?

Dakash makes one last attempt to smack the doppelganger.

smack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Then he collapses from the effort.

Winter comes out of the room and brandishes her holy symbol at the doppelganger, declaring, "In Pharasma's name, be judged!", smiting the doppelganger with holy fire, turning it to ashes.

Howard Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Howard recognizes it as a burst of radiance spell.

Yes, I know usually doppelgangers are not evil, but these are.

burst of radiance dmg: 3d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 3) = 7

"Quick! Attend to them before they slips away from us!" Winter orders the guards.

The guards move forward, trying to staunch Vincent's bleeding and one of them succeeds.

heal: 1d20 ⇒ 20

The other tries to stabilize Dakash.

heal: 1d20 ⇒ 13

He doesn't quite manage it, but Dakash manages it on his own.

Dakash Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Ironfang invasion Book 2 Ironfang invasion Book 2 Loot sheet

Dakash only:

You find yourself wandering an endless, alien city pursued by mists. Soon, a wall collapses, revealing a disproportionately small room. Inside, an ancient Keleshite woman sits on a stool at a simple table. She looks up at the dreamer and offers a simple piece of advice “Beware the yellow walkers.” Then you awaken with Winter looking at you with a concerned expression on her face.

Winter stabilizes Dakash, then treats Vincent first.

rebuke death Vincent: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
rebuke death Vincent: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
rebuke death Vincent: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Seeing him finally come around, she then sends a wave of grey holy energies to everyone.

channel: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
channel: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

451 to 500 of 3,074 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mort's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.