Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Hadassa's Legacy of Fire

Game Master jhpace1

Encounter Maps
Ruins of Kelmarane, Old Monastery, Kelmarane Hinterlands, Pale Mountain Region
Adventure Log, Loot, Components, WBL


8,001 to 8,050 of 8,159 << first < prev | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | next > last >>

Male Human Gamemaster

(I've kept you off the map since you're 10-15 feet above the female shaitan, Yazi. You could attack her, if you had reach, or use your potion-sticky feet to go down the wall and attack from the side.)

(8,000 posts! Yoo-hoo!)

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

Oh, okies. Yazi Tactics!

Grinning at the woman below her Yazi kicks off the ceiling towards her, axe ready.

Zenzirad (falling charge, 1): 1d20 + 10 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 36
Damage (magical, slashing, frost): 1d12 + 1d6 + 10 + 9 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 10 + 9 + 3 + 1 = 29

Zenzirad (falling charge, 2): 1d20 + 5 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 3 + 2 = 25
Damage (magical, slashing, frost): 1d12 + 1d6 + 10 + 9 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + (6) + 10 + 9 + 3 + 1 = 40

AC is 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Male(Human) Class Level Fighter 10 Weapon Master | HP 33/105| AC/Touch/Flat 24/15/19 | Fort/Ref/Will 7/7/5| Init: +6 | Percep: +10 BAB 10 | CMB +14 | CMD 28 (31 if kukri related)

"Lil Killa" does not necessarily want this lady dead. She may have much needed information. Khayal begins hitting her with the side of his blade. Non lethal
+1 kukri: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 19 - 4 = 331d4 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Confirm?: 1d20 + 19 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 19 - 4 + 4 = 341d4 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
+1 dagger: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 4 = 221d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
+1 kukri: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 4 = 211d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
+1 dagger: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 211d4 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
His first hit connects hard on the side of her head, the rest are a bit less accurate.

Scarab Sages

Female Keleshite Human Dervish Dancer (Bard) 10: HP 71/71 : AC/T/FF 17/17/13 (21/21/17 w/Mage Armor): Fort: + 3 Reflex: +12 (14 w Rain of Blows) Will: +9 (+11 vs Mind affecting, +15 Bardic/language/sound) : Perception +1

Nasir's movements intensify, her dance calling upon more powerful battle magic as she prepares to engage.

Cast Dance of a Hundred Cuts (Extended]. Move action Begin Battledance (Inspire Greatness-self only)

Active effects::

Heroism: +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks. (200 minutes)
Mage Armor: +4 AC (10 hrs)
Arcane Concordance: (+1 enhancement bonus to the DC, all spells cast as Extend Spell no increase in level or casting time)
Dance of a Hundred Cuts: (+3 morale bonus on melee attack rolls, melee damage rolls, Acrobatics checks, and armor class) (20 rounds)
Inspire Greatness ( 2 bonus Hit Dice (2d10 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 2 = 9), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target’s Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves.)

Tracking::

Current AC 24
Current HP: 80/80
Current attack bonus:+20/+15
+2 all saves (+3 Fort)
+3 damage
+2 all skills (+5 acrobatics)
Battledance round 9/28


Human Male Human (Varisian) Magus 7/Rogue 2/Arcane Trickster 1 {CURRENTLY 1 NEGATIVE LEVEL] | HP 62/62 [4 TEMP] | AC/Touch/Flat 19/14/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+10/+5 | Arcane pool 4/5 | Init: +5 | Percep: +7

Have either of the shaitans come up out of the ground and set off Bartan's readied action yet? If not, he'll stay readied for his pitiful card throw. :(


Male Human Gamemaster

(Other earth-genies not visible, so Bartan's still holding. Looks like Rayhan is just being defensive.)

Khayal hits the ten-foot-tall woman with the flat of his blade; but Yazi drops down with her black greataxe, slicing the woman's back. Iqilma collapses to the stone floor.

The four guardians in the room move slowly but surely to attack the humans. (Bartan's readied attack goes off.) The Harrower flips a playing card at the impending construct, but the card doesn't hit the stone creature.
(Being Large, they have reach.)
Normal-colored Slam Atk on Bartan: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 Dmg: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) + 9 = 18
Yellow-colored Slam Atk on Khayal: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 Confirm?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 Dmg: 6d6 + 27 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1) + 27 = 37 (Where'd all the ones come from?)

The (blue) construct in the South-West corner drops down a level, and unlike the others, pantomimes throwing a ball at Yazi. Instead, bits and pieces of rock detach from its' arms and hands, flying towards the woman.
Blue-colored Spike volley on Yazi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 (Miss)

Anybody moving within 5 feet of the creatures, Reflex DC 16 vs spikes on the ground:

Your speed is reduced by half, and you take 1d8 ⇒ 1 piercing damage that must be magically healed. The healing has a DC 16 Heal check, and must take at least 10 minutes.

A Large arm and hand come out of the rock where Iqilma fell, going over her waist, and pulls the woman under the granite surface. (Yazi & Khayal - AoO?)

Over by Rayhan and Bartan, a male head and an arm holding a scimitar comes out of the wall above Rayhan's head, looking around.

ROUND THREE

Init:
Bartan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Hajar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Khayal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Yazi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Nasir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Rayhan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Monsters: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 (Oh, boy)

The guardians of the room keep attacking the humans.
Normal-colored Slam Atk on Bartan: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 Dmg: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) + 9 = 20
Normal-colored Slam Atk on Bartan: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26 Dmg: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) + 9 = 20 (Interesting.)
Yellow-colored Slam Atk on Khayal: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29 Dmg: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2, 6) + 9 = 18
Yellow-colored Slam Atk on Khayal: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 Dmg: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5, 1) + 9 = 16 (Those "ones" show up again.)
(Blue takes a 5-foot step closer to Yazi, has reach.)
Blue-colored Slam Atk on Yazi: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29 Dmg: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 3, 2) + 9 = 19
Blue-colored Slam Atk on Yazi: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 Confirm?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 Dmg: 6d6 + 27 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 1, 6, 1) + 27 = 41 (Hmmm....ones again.)
The North-East construct (red) drops two levels, moving towards Nasir.
Red-colored Spike volley on Nasir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 (Miss)

The redhead disappears from view under the floor. (Assign damage later.)

The shaitan on the East wall calls out "Guardians, halt!" The stone constructs freeze in their movements. Looking at the helmeted paladin, the warrior adds "Do you wish to parley?"

(Hajar, Nasir, Khayal, Yazi, Bartan, Rayhan)

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

"And this is what you get for disrespecting a sphinx." Yazi calls out to the downed woman. When the arm appears she swats at it on reflex.

Zenzirad (AoO): 1d20 + 10 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 30
Damage (magical, slashing, frost): 1d12 + 1d6 + 5 + 9 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + (3) + 5 + 9 + 3 + 1 = 30

Letting out a grunt when she's knocked silly by the guardian she's ready to retaliate when the man appears and stalls the guardians and calls out to them. [b]"Uh, what?"[/n] Yazi asks while thinking that scimitars and falchions aren't really made for parrying.


Hajar's Consumables Male(Human) Paladin 3 Oracle 7 (Abbot Protector of Kelmerane) | HP76 | AC/Touch/Flat 22/11/21 | Fort/Ref/Will +13/+10/+13| Init: +1 | Percep: +6

Yes! Stop this foolish attacking and let us speak with Oberhak! We seek to prevent the destruction of Kakishon.

I edited HP on the map...It isn't good. Bartan is at 9HP (thanks False Life) Yazi at 35, Khayal at 33.


Male Male(Human) Class Level Fighter 10 Weapon Master | HP 33/105| AC/Touch/Flat 24/15/19 | Fort/Ref/Will 7/7/5| Init: +6 | Percep: +10 BAB 10 | CMB +14 | CMD 28 (31 if kukri related)

AOO from before the call for parlay: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 371d4 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Confirm?: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 19 + 4 = 291d4 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

After the call for parlay. I have no desire to kill, we came here seeking assistance.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Male Human (Varisian) Magus 7/Rogue 2/Arcane Trickster 1 {CURRENTLY 1 NEGATIVE LEVEL] | HP 62/62 [4 TEMP] | AC/Touch/Flat 19/14/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+10/+5 | Arcane pool 4/5 | Init: +5 | Percep: +7

I'm counting that I'm at 14 HP. (took 58 damage, my 10 temp goes away so I take 48, had 62 HP so that leaves me at 14). Either way, VERY BAD.

Bartan takes a major beating and decides his only option is to play dead. Not kidding...
He falls to the ground and lies there motionless.
Bluff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Hajar's Consumables Male(Human) Paladin 3 Oracle 7 (Abbot Protector of Kelmerane) | HP76 | AC/Touch/Flat 22/11/21 | Fort/Ref/Will +13/+10/+13| Init: +1 | Percep: +6

Ah, the Map had your total as 58, thus the discrepancy. @Everyone please check the map for accuracy in HP and other relevant stuff

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

Yazi good.

Scarab Sages

Female Keleshite Human Dervish Dancer (Bard) 10: HP 71/71 : AC/T/FF 17/17/13 (21/21/17 w/Mage Armor): Fort: + 3 Reflex: +12 (14 w Rain of Blows) Will: +9 (+11 vs Mind affecting, +15 Bardic/language/sound) : Perception +1

Nasir holds her blade at the ready, a spell on the tip of her tongue as she looks to the speaker.


Male Human Gamemaster

(Pazio boards crashed yesterday early evening AGAIN!)

OUT OF MELEE

"Lord Oberhak sees no one until the next day." the young man with his head-and-shoulders, and an arm holding a blade, coming out of the Western wall, says to Hajar. "Come back tomorrow when the sun is high in the sky, and make your petition then."

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

Yazi arches a brow and looks down at her axe and then back to the man. "Did you really believe we were gonna accept that?"


Human Male Human (Varisian) Magus 7/Rogue 2/Arcane Trickster 1 {CURRENTLY 1 NEGATIVE LEVEL] | HP 62/62 [4 TEMP] | AC/Touch/Flat 19/14/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+10/+5 | Arcane pool 4/5 | Init: +5 | Percep: +7

"After what we've been put through in order to get here, we will not be leaving. Tell your master that he will see us today."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Male(Human) Class Level Fighter 10 Weapon Master | HP 33/105| AC/Touch/Flat 24/15/19 | Fort/Ref/Will 7/7/5| Init: +6 | Percep: +10 BAB 10 | CMB +14 | CMD 28 (31 if kukri related)

Khayal looks momentarily surprised at Bartan's return from the dead, but he keeps his mouth shut. Yazi seems to be antagonizing enough.


HP: 39 | AC: 16/12/15; CMD: 14 | F: + 5; R: +4; W: +9 | Initiative +5 Rayhan's Spellbook and Spells

Kakishon is unraveling! Rayhan says almost angrily

Tell your Lord Oberhak that he might not have until tomorrow!

Scarab Sages

Female Keleshite Human Dervish Dancer (Bard) 10: HP 71/71 : AC/T/FF 17/17/13 (21/21/17 w/Mage Armor): Fort: + 3 Reflex: +12 (14 w Rain of Blows) Will: +9 (+11 vs Mind affecting, +15 Bardic/language/sound) : Perception +1

"Indeed, while he sleeps, this plane unravels. We were told he was one of the great powers here in Kakishon, but he seems more disposed toward hiding than acting. You can tell him the Ifriti and all left if that is what he is so afraid of," Nasir says angrily.


Human Male Human (Varisian) Magus 7/Rogue 2/Arcane Trickster 1 {CURRENTLY 1 NEGATIVE LEVEL] | HP 62/62 [4 TEMP] | AC/Touch/Flat 19/14/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+10/+5 | Arcane pool 4/5 | Init: +5 | Percep: +7

Haha totally forgot I was playing dead. I do need healing though. Major healing.


Male Human Gamemaster

The young shaitan bristled at the mortals' demands. "Leave this place and return to the Golden Bowl above." he ordered. "I will tell Lord Oberhak your message. If he accepts, he will meet you at the former temple above within the hour. If not, you have your answer." The man half-in, half-out of the wall looks around at Bartan and Khayal, adding "You can see yourselves out."

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

"No. We do not have an hour, YOU do not have an hour, Kakishon does not have an hour to waste on your master's silly whims. We will see him now you walnut." Yazi counters.


Hajar's Consumables Male(Human) Paladin 3 Oracle 7 (Abbot Protector of Kelmerane) | HP76 | AC/Touch/Flat 22/11/21 | Fort/Ref/Will +13/+10/+13| Init: +1 | Percep: +6

Besides...Khayal and Hajar are kinda stuck down here.


Male Male(Human) Class Level Fighter 10 Weapon Master | HP 33/105| AC/Touch/Flat 24/15/19 | Fort/Ref/Will 7/7/5| Init: +6 | Percep: +10 BAB 10 | CMB +14 | CMD 28 (31 if kukri related)

Khayal watches the battle of wills between Yazi and the Shaitan. He stands ready in case the parlay devolves into hostilities.


Male Male(Human) Class Level Fighter 10 Weapon Master | HP 33/105| AC/Touch/Flat 24/15/19 | Fort/Ref/Will 7/7/5| Init: +6 | Percep: +10 BAB 10 | CMB +14 | CMD 28 (31 if kukri related)

Look, surely you have felt this plane begin to unravel. Surely you have sensed something wrong. We must find the heart of Kashikon to save it. Or all of this, and us will be destroyed.
Help us or die, not by our blades but by the destruction of this world.

intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 <==== Sigh, circumstance bonus?


Male Human Gamemaster

The shaitan in the wall purses his lips, but a voice from below the floating rock says "Hold, Spar. These visitors have earned my interest." A new earth genie, this one clad in a beautiful red robe, his skin dark like brown gemstone, his hair black like flint, holding a massive two-handed falchion, appears. Rising out of the stone floor at the bottom of the chamber until his bare feet are clear of the granite, the shaitan moves from under the floating rock to address the adventurers to the south.

"I am Oberhak." the ten-foot-tall man declares with strength. "And so far all you have proven is that I need to adjust my security measures at the temple above. General Jhavhul led us here, and then trapped us here when he killed the human wizard who ensorcerelled us in this prison. Still, there is much to be said when you can be king of paradise, and with the efreeti gone - the shaitans will rule this demiplane!" The charismatic man of stone looks Hajar and the others over, adding "Adventurers come and go from Kakishon. What can you say that will change my mind to let my guardians deal with you and toss you back onto the Golden Bowl's sands?"

Scarab Sages

Female Keleshite Human Dervish Dancer (Bard) 10: HP 71/71 : AC/T/FF 17/17/13 (21/21/17 w/Mage Armor): Fort: + 3 Reflex: +12 (14 w Rain of Blows) Will: +9 (+11 vs Mind affecting, +15 Bardic/language/sound) : Perception +1

"As in tune as you must be with the earth around you, surely you have felt Kakishon itself bucking and flailing. The Proteans that keep this plane together have begun to......go against that duty. You speak of being King of Paradise, and a noble King you would most definitely be my lord, but what good is it to be King of Nothing?" Nasir asks, bowing just enough to show deference when the genie appears and adding a bit of awe and possibly respect, to her tone.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Male Male(Human) Class Level Fighter 10 Weapon Master | HP 33/105| AC/Touch/Flat 24/15/19 | Fort/Ref/Will 7/7/5| Init: +6 | Percep: +10 BAB 10 | CMB +14 | CMD 28 (31 if kukri related)

Forgive me, I am not one of many words, but Nasir speaks the truth. Someday I would like to bring my wife to this kingdom of yours. But this place has been grievously injured, perhaps mortally by evil doers who called forth the Jhavhul and his army. And now with this plane unraveling towards destruction, they seek the destruction of our world as well.

diplomacy aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 <== Acceptable :)

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10 Yay for Lonely Captain!

"What they said." Yazi says while while crossing her arms to point to Khayal and Nasir. "This whole place is coming apart, there's even a hole in the sea."


Human Male Human (Varisian) Magus 7/Rogue 2/Arcane Trickster 1 {CURRENTLY 1 NEGATIVE LEVEL] | HP 62/62 [4 TEMP] | AC/Touch/Flat 19/14/15 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+10/+5 | Arcane pool 4/5 | Init: +5 | Percep: +7

"My friends speak the truth, oh powerful one. We wish not to be destroyed along with this plane, and your help is necessary in order for us to stop its destruction."
Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hajar's Consumables Male(Human) Paladin 3 Oracle 7 (Abbot Protector of Kelmerane) | HP76 | AC/Touch/Flat 22/11/21 | Fort/Ref/Will +13/+10/+13| Init: +1 | Percep: +6

Hajar bows low as custom dictates when speaking to a King

Most High Genie Lord. We lowly mortals grovel before your might and wisdom. It is as my companions have stated. This place is being destroyed. Much like a home in disrepair will soon find itself fallen down on top of its inhabitants. We beseech you, Most Noble and Wise Oberhak, Guardian of Kakishon, assist us in returning Kakishon to its previous existence.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35


Male Human Gamemaster

"I have felt no changes to the earth on this island." Oberhak counters. "I know Jhavhul has left. My followers are scouting this demiplane. They would have told me if there were any catastrophes. Apart from the arrival of a few adventurers who immediately went on Archwizard Nex's Golden Ram hunt," the genie says as he looks over the humans in the room, "there has been no mention of Kakishon itself in trouble."

Listening to Hajar's words, Oberhak replied "The Proteans were tasked by Nex to continuously restore this demiplane. They would not go against the Archwizard's desires - they fear his wrath when he returns. Your very presence confirms that the Scroll of Kakishon is again being used by Archwizard Nex to reward his minions, as he did before the other human wizard stole the Scroll from him." The earth genie's face is still stern; he doubts your declarations.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Male(Human) Class Level Fighter 10 Weapon Master | HP 33/105| AC/Touch/Flat 24/15/19 | Fort/Ref/Will 7/7/5| Init: +6 | Percep: +10 BAB 10 | CMB +14 | CMD 28 (31 if kukri related)

My brother is a Paladin of Sarenrae, he is forbidden to lie. A man of your wisdom would know that if a Paladin lies, their powers are revoked. Ask my brother to demonstrate his power by healing with his hands. Doing so will reveal the truth of his words.
diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

"The Scroll of Cashews is being used by whoever gets there hands on it, it's not being used by Nex. No one has seen or heard from Nex in centuries."

Diplomacy (aid): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

"You said your followers are scouting, are they reporting back at all?"


Hajar's Consumables Male(Human) Paladin 3 Oracle 7 (Abbot Protector of Kelmerane) | HP76 | AC/Touch/Flat 22/11/21 | Fort/Ref/Will +13/+10/+13| Init: +1 | Percep: +6

Hajar frowns at Khayal's casual use of his Goddess' favor, and the outright lie that he cannot tell an untruth. However, he doesn't say anything to contradict Khayal.

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

Uh, Paladins can't lie.


Hajar's Consumables Male(Human) Paladin 3 Oracle 7 (Abbot Protector of Kelmerane) | HP76 | AC/Touch/Flat 22/11/21 | Fort/Ref/Will +13/+10/+13| Init: +1 | Percep: +6

Not at all true, even a little bit.

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

-_- If you use A deity's code and disregard the original code then yes you can probably lie, but a Paladin without a specific deity code cannot lie. At all. So yes, very true. A lot true.


Hajar's Consumables Male(Human) Paladin 3 Oracle 7 (Abbot Protector of Kelmerane) | HP76 | AC/Touch/Flat 22/11/21 | Fort/Ref/Will +13/+10/+13| Init: +1 | Percep: +6

I should have clarified that Hajar can lie. He hasn't really told many (if any?) in this entire game, but he wouldn't be above telling some lie to advance a good cause.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Keleshite Human Dervish Dancer (Bard) 10: HP 71/71 : AC/T/FF 17/17/13 (21/21/17 w/Mage Armor): Fort: + 3 Reflex: +12 (14 w Rain of Blows) Will: +9 (+11 vs Mind affecting, +15 Bardic/language/sound) : Perception +1

See the OOC thread. Your Goddess is so about truth and honesty it isn't funny. There's no way she'd tolerate you lying. Paladins are held to much higher standards and restrictions than pretty much any other class. It's part of the package.


Male Human Gamemaster

GM rolls:

Diplomacy: A creature's attitude cannot be shifted more than two steps up in this way

Hostile 25 + creature's Cha modifier
Unfriendly 20 + creature's Cha modifier
Indifferent 15 + creature's Cha modifier
Friendly 10 + creature's Cha modifier
Helpful 0 + creature's Cha modifier

If a creature's attitude toward you is at least indifferent, you can make requests of the creature. This is an additional Diplomacy check, using the creature's current attitude to determine the base DC, with one of the following modifiers.

Oberhak shifts his two-handed falchion to having the point rest on the granite floor, his hands on the pommel. "My followers have not returned to Khandelwal in several days." he admits. Looking at Khayal and Hajar, the taller man states "The gods have little to do with this place, only how Archwizard Nex set it in place. And I know the Proteans fear him more that their own lives, despite their battles with us. Even you mortals can walk the Planes. Nex's absence is not proof of his death, and his rage at the loss of his creation would rival Jhavhul's, I suspect. But with more authority backing it up." The earth-genie smiles at his own joviality.

The shaitan captain grows silent, then appears to have come to a conclusion. "Had this realm’s creator slain the Proteans after their work building this realm was completed rather than just banishing them to the Isles of Not, Kakishon would have endured forever! Yet he was crippled by cowardice and compassion, I suspect, as are all humans — he could not bring himself to slay his slaves, and instead just locked them away in a place where their anger would be allowed to fester and grow." he says.

"You adventurers like traveling." Oberhak offers. "Find the Proteans beyond the oceans. Convince them to return to their duties - one way or another. With them gone, Kakishon will survive, and you yourselves can work out how to return to your Material Plane. I will still have my paradise."

(You can still make more Diplomacy checks, if you want.)

Scarab Sages

Female Keleshite Human Dervish Dancer (Bard) 10: HP 71/71 : AC/T/FF 17/17/13 (21/21/17 w/Mage Armor): Fort: + 3 Reflex: +12 (14 w Rain of Blows) Will: +9 (+11 vs Mind affecting, +15 Bardic/language/sound) : Perception +1

"I understand your logic, well as much as one such as myself can deign to understand a mind as grand as a general of Genie kind. But should our conjecture prove to be even the slightest bit true, should we not be up to the task without your aid, it would truly be a tragedy for the magnificence of your reign to fall apart with the unraveling of the plane." Nasir says, her tone an body language emanating a blend of deference, awe and tragedy.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

I forgot, why did we even come here in the first place?

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Keleshite Human Dervish Dancer (Bard) 10: HP 71/71 : AC/T/FF 17/17/13 (21/21/17 w/Mage Armor): Fort: + 3 Reflex: +12 (14 w Rain of Blows) Will: +9 (+11 vs Mind affecting, +15 Bardic/language/sound) : Perception +1

Because for some reason we thought we could kick this guy's ass on his home turf?

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

I'm okay with that, but why did we come here to do that?


Male Human Gamemaster

(Dilix suspected Oberhak was sitting on the "heart" of Kakishon, given the earth-genie's actions after leaving Jhavhul, and not returning when the portal to the outside world opened back up. She thought he had secured something of value.)

Silver Crusade

HP: 95 | AC: 20/12/18; CMD: 25 | F: + 10; R: +6; W: +5 | Initiative +3
Skills:
Perception +25
Rage 24/24 Resolve 5/5 Wild Nights 2/2 Carry the Burden 2/2

... so we came all this way without knowing what the f%** to even look or ask for...


Male Male(Human) Class Level Fighter 10 Weapon Master | HP 33/105| AC/Touch/Flat 24/15/19 | Fort/Ref/Will 7/7/5| Init: +6 | Percep: +10 BAB 10 | CMB +14 | CMD 28 (31 if kukri related)

Do you in your wisdom and knowledge of this place, know of its heart? The center of its existence? Does such a thing exist? The heart could be critical to the whole plan.


Male Human Gamemaster

INT check DC 20:

The undead dragon said Kakishon has no center, but it does have a heart...

Dilix the earth genie said there was no "heart" on the central island...

Dilix also said Oberhak left Jhavhul, and went to this island, and has not left since...

Oberhak is also an earth genie like Dilix, which means he can shape stone, talk to stone, and comes from another plane, other than Golarion...

The gnolls and Dilix said the Proteans were fighting them, but you haven't seen a Protean since you arrived over a week ago...

There's a weird serpentine being stuck in a floating rock in the middle of this room...

Has anybody closely inspected that rock? And why is a creature stuck in it?

Knowledge: The Planes DC 20:

That's an Imentesh Protean stuck in that rock floating in the center. Not a noble of their race, but pretty high up on their hierarchy. What's it doing stuck in a rock, when they can transverse the Planes? Oh yes, Nex's barrier around Kakishon. But the Proteans would be able to control all matter in this demiplane, by their chaotic nature.

Unless.

That rock is a very special rock.

Knowledge: The Planes DC 25:

That "rock" floating in the center of the room - that is no ordinary stone! It is a bedrock stone from the Elemental Plane of Earth! Archwizard Nex must have used it as the building stone of the demiplane itself! Such a stone, a seed, if you will, could control all of Kakishon, depending how you used it.

And shaitans are earth-genies from the Plane of Earth. They could recognize this seed from the Plane of Earth the way you could recognize the welcome mat in front of your door at home!

You have found the "heart" Venema Shodair talked about!

But why is there a Protean stuck in this "seed"? And what damage would that do by sympathy to the rest of Kakishon?

(Now to see if Rayhan gets a heart attack...)


HP: 39 | AC: 16/12/15; CMD: 14 | F: + 5; R: +4; W: +9 | Initiative +5 Rayhan's Spellbook and Spells

Int: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Kn:Planes: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Rayhan studies the stone in the center of the floor, now that the battle is over he has time to look at it more closely.

My word. the man says, a bit awestruck.

This is it. This is the heart of Kakishon...

Lord Oberhak, how did such a creature manage to become lodged in that stone? he asks the Shaitan

8,001 to 8,050 of 8,159 << first < prev | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hadassa's Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.