Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Cwethan's Solstice Scar (Session 2, 7-8)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Go ahead and ninja dot in here

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

dot

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 51/51| AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | Ft +8 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +11 / Wi +5 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +4 | Per. +13 | Bombs 15/19

.

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★
@Table GMs: If you haven't already, please run "Beginning Part 1" on page 7 of the scenario, and then wait for the next announcement before continuing.
@Players: Please have fun, and remember to explore, report and cooperate at all times.


The fourth and final day of training has come to a close at the Grand Lodge of Absalom, heralding the end of this year's Torchbearing. Pathfinders the world over attend this annual symposium to share their knowledge, teach each other new skills, and reinforce their connections across the Inner Sea and beyond. To celebrate the end of festivities, the lodge has hosted a grand banquet in the visiting agents' honor. A refreshing winter breeze blows through an open window, flickering torches and sending papers scattering. The smell of freshly baked desserts fills the air while initiates clear away the remnants of the first course.

Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge: Members Only!:
If you are a member of the Restful Pathfinders’ Lounge (by possessing the vanity of the same name from page 61 of Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide), you can attend a special private banquet that grants you the benefits of hero’s feast for the duration of Part 1. Each player character with this vanity can invite one guest (such as another PC or an animal companion) to gain the benefits, too.

During the annual Torchbearing, the Three Masters, along with other notable Pathfinders, taught a variety of seminars and panel discussions, from Golarion’s history to spellcasting techniques, and ran obstacle courses and a triathlon. Rumor has it, Janira Gavix offered an unauthorized but popular filking class for aspiring bards and other social misfits under 30--inches, not years. You also heard some salacious gossip about an exclusive, late-night VIP experience Zarta Dralneen arranged for some her favorites. According to one hungover Pathfinder who claimed to have been there, a disgruntled Drandle Dreng was turned away at the door.

Speaking of the imp, ever the social butterfly and self-appointed mentor-to-the-masses, the halfling bard Janira Gavix approaches your small group. “Hi, friends. It’s been awhile since last we met. Have you enjoyed the Torchbearing? I volunteered to organize all the classes again this year. Kreighton Shaine always said I should have been a teacher. Did you learn anything useful?”

Janira looks over her shoulder as she catches sight of another group of Pathfinders refilling their tankards at the grog bowl. “Oh, those are some more students of mine!” She bounces on her toes as she waves at the group and they wave back. “Excuse me? I’ll need to check in with them too!” Pleased that you appreciated her pedagogical efforts, she excuses herself with a smile and moves on.

Each of you should choose one skill. For the duration of this adventure, you will either treat it as a class skill or gain a +1 bonus on checks with that skill if it was already a class skill.

-----BEGINNING KNOWLEDGE #1-----

You learn all of the information whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Diplomacy (gather information) or Knowledge (local) check.

DC 15+:
The Three Masters use the event to keep an eye out for particularly talented agents that embody the Pathfinder Society ideals: Explore, Report, and Cooperate.

DC 20+:
At the end of the Torchbearing, the most exemplary agents are publicly recognized and given special wayfinders.

DC 25+:
Sometimes Pathfinder agents disappear for hours during the course of events. Rumors suggest they are brought before The Decemvirate, but no one can agree on why.

-----BEGINNING KNOWLEDGE #2-----
As the Pathfinders conclude the dessert course, a small origami swan flutters through the room and lands on the center of the table. In moments, it unfolds itself into a crisp and crease-less piece of paper.

You know all of the information about the Blakros family whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (nobility) check.

DC 10+:
The Blakros are one of the wealthiest and most well-known merchant families from Taldor. They own a variety of businesses with interests all over the Inner Sea.

DC 15+:
For years, the Pathfinder Society and the Blakros family have been allies, even if only at arm’s length. Occasionally the family invites notable Pathfinders to one of its high-society affairs.

DC 20+:
The Blakros family has been involved with some shady organizations during its rise to power, including the Onyx Alliance and House Thrune.

You know all of the information about the Blakros museum whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (local) check.

DC 10+:
The Blakros Museum is located in the Wise District, owned by the Blakros family, and curated by Nigel Aldain (a former Pathfinder). It is open to the public when an exhibit is on display. Though the exterior of the building is ugly and squat, patrons marvel at how much bigger it is on the inside.

DC 15+:
The museum has been closed for the past several months, ramping up for a huge exhibit, “Legacy of the Shining Crusade,” opening next week.

DC 20+:
Rumors suggest that shadow magic makes the inside of the museum larger. A few years ago the inside changed drastically, which drew the curiosity of many in Absalom.

DC 25+:
Ralzeros the Overwatched was a powerful wizard who owned the building before the Blakros Family. Evidence suggests he cursed the building on his death. The number of accidents and strange events that occur there would seem to support that rumor.

You know all of the information about Nigel Aldain whose DC is equal to or less than the result of your Knowledge (local) check.

DC 10+:
Though the relationship between the Society and Nigel is often strained, they remain steadfast allies. Nigel often collaborates with the Society, loaning artifacts and trading information. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months.

DC 15+:
Nigel is a former Pathfinder who resigned after marrying Dhrami Blakros; the position of curator was part of his marriage contract.

DC 20+:
Nigel’s museum has suffered many mishaps since he became curator, which the Society has regularly helped clean up. Nigel still tries to distance himself from the Society and act independently, but when trouble befalls the museum, he often turns to the Society for help.

DC 25+:
Recently, Nigel has spent a fortune in security for the museum, particularly in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and Golemworks in Magnimar.

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Knowledge N (ut): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Celie looks around at the new crew. "Hello Freaks. Don't mind me... and don't cring at my hobbies and we'll be fine." she says this while fingering a necklace of fingers. Cleaning some of the newer ones.

Thinking, Celie remarks. "Nigel, I think i met him. He's a former Pathfinder who resigned after marrying Dhrami Blakros... They didn't invite me to the marriage."

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

Errr... I have no easy choices for said skill, since all my ranks are in class skills... Let's just go with a +1 in Perception. That's always useful.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 9 So, nada on the information.

Considering the nature of tonight's gathering, Lissa does her best to look appropriate for the banquet. She has her hair in a braid(though it's still quite wet), and is wearing a simple, but elegant, emerald green dress, though she has her travelling pack nearby her feet.

"Janira!" she gleefully cries out, as she kneels and gives the halfling bard a hug in greeting before the social butterfly can flit away. "It's been far too long! After the banquet or tomorrow, we can talk then maybe?"

In spite of herself, Lissa does cringe at Celie, but that's due to being called a Freak instead of the witch's grisly jewelry.

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 5/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 2/3 Smite Evil 3/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7|HP 66/67|AC:32*/T:16*/FF:27*|F:+10/R:+7/W:+9|CMB:+10|CMD: 23/21FF|BAB: +7|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

Wow, yeah. That's a huge benefit. Going to be applying it to Linguistics, which isn't a class skill normally, but as it is being considered as such will push Andrietta to +12

Andrietta has spent a great deal of the early section of this symposium to attend several panels such as 'Comparative Religions in the Varisian Region', 'Lingua Absalomica and You, a Beginner's Panel', and quite a few others.

Of particular note is the tea she sets up for every morning, for a few select folks who appreciate such things. One might expect tea to be some leaves dunked in steam water, but she's got the art of making it nigh unto coffee perfected.

Prior to the evening's dinner, she takes the time to buff and polish her armor to a mirror-sheen, but not so brightly it blinds casual observers.

"Dear, as long as your hobbies aren't unwholesome or given to a poor series of life choices, they're your hobbies. Just be mindful, if you start acting foolish, my goddess insists I whack you upside the head with my quarterstaff. In all fairness, it's reserved for me, too." the weathered tengu woman offers to the finger-collecting half-elf.

"Andrietta Ebonfeather, in service to Andoletta." she offers with a bit of a wry curmudgeonly tone -- the kind one might hear from a weathered grandparent.

Beginning Knowledge #1(Using Diplomacy to Gather Information): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Got jack-all

Beginning Knowledge #2(Using K: Nobility on Blakros Family): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"Blakros, eh? They're kind of involved in everything, originally from Taldor, own businesses and property all over the Inner Sea."

K: Local (Untrained, caps at 10): 1d20 ⇒ 8

Got jack-all

K: Local (Untrained, caps at 10): 1d20 ⇒ 20

"Nigel? He works with the Society, Society helps him out, been really focusing on the Shining Crusade recently in research. Needs to get out and get some fresh air, from the sounds 'f it."

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
local#2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

A jovial dwarf joins the table, setting down a large mug of ale as he cracks jokes and spreads gossip.

"You'll never believe what I heard. The Three Masters use the event to keep an eye out for particularly talented agents that embody the Pathfinder Society ideals: Explore, Report, and Cooperate. At the end of the Torchbearing, the most exemplary agents are publicly recognized and given special wayfinders. Sometimes Pathfinder agents disappear for hours during the course of events. Rumors suggest they are brought before The Decemvirate, but no one can agree on why. So keep your eyes open and your ears too. I've not met one of the ten yet... at least not that I'd know it. But they could walk among us."

He knocks glasses with Andrietta. "I'd heard that about them Blackros too. Been knocked about in that cursed museum of their's too. Place is haunted if you ask me. That gateway to hell is located in the Wise District, owned by the Blakros family, and curated by Nigel Aldain. It is open to the public when an exhibit is on display - or when they need more pathfinder bodies. Though the exterior of the building is ugly and squat, patrons marvel at how much bigger it is on the inside. Pathfinders just hope to see the exit again. '

He clears his throat, happy to regain the table with his knowledge.

"Nigel is a good sort though. Though the relationship between the Society and Nigel is often strained, they remain steadfast allies. Nigel often collaborates with the Society, loaning artifacts and trading information. He has obsessively researched the Shining Crusade for the past several months. Nigel is a former Pathfinder who resigned after marrying Dhrami Blakros; the position of curator was part of his marriage contract. Nigel’s museum has suffered many mishaps since he became curator, which the Society has regularly helped clean up. Nigel still tries to distance himself from the Society and act independently, but when trouble befalls the museum, he often turns to the Society for help. Hell, if the floor needs scrubbing he comes to us. Recently, Nigel has spent a fortune in security for the museum, particularly in magical protections from the Arcanamirium and Golemworks in Magnimar."

Will take the bonus on perform(comedy) - Rhuul is always after new jokes.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Street Poet 7 | HP: 36/60 | AC: 22(17 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 24 (26 v. Overrun) | F: +10, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 v. Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Challenge: 2/3 Used | Tactician: 0/2 Used| Panache 0/2 Used | Active conditions: 5 Strength Damage

Let's see what we most recently studied...

Class Skill: 1d5 ⇒ 5 Knowledge: Religion will be my class skill.

Jillia spends the majority of the preparation aggressively and ungracefully plowing through obstacle courses at unsafe speeds. By the time the triathalon has started, her armor is dirty and sporting a bevy of fresh dents. This doesn't seem to bother her.

By the time Jillia meets up with the group, her blonde hair is a frayed mess, the dust on her armor is matted down with fresh sweat, and the smile she has seems wider than her face itself.

"Still with the skill, Jill Tennille!" she introduces herself with glee, punctuating her intro with a three-foot-three-inch fist pump. "Rhymin' fine wine while the others spill swill!"

Glancing at the group around her she offers a warm high-five to Rhuul, Andrietta, and Lissa. Noticing the necklace of fingers around Celie, she shrugs, makes a fist, and offers a fist-bump instead.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 (Classic Jillia. Missed all those by one or two, heh.)

"Any idea what the special wayfinders look like? Mine's dented to hell and back," she asks, unconsciously running her fingers along the most prominent dent in her armor.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

"And I'm betting there is a story behind that... and a dent in the head of the person who so kindly bent your wayfinder" laughs Rhuul.

He directs a sly glance at Jilla, adding.

"I knew a knight once. A really agreeable fellow. Went by the name of Sir Tenly..." he pauses, waiting for the inevitable groans from across the table.

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Celie smiles. "My hobby is harmless to you... Unless you do something foolish." she slowly shifts through the dozen or so fingers on her necklace. "ah, here it is." she says then holds one up. "This Pathfinder was a good paladin... But not that bright. He stuck his hand inside of a turtles mouth and came back a little less whole." She looked at the rest. "Most of these are off of dead foes... only one or two taken from a live one who didn't want to answer questions nicely."

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

Rhuul edges away.

"So you are .... an interrogator? It's not commonly known, but fingers are an essential part of dwarf humor, and I'd prefer to keep mine attached if that is okay with you."

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Celie smiles. "Don't go sticking it into any unknown holes and you should be able to keep them to yourselves." about this time, you see movement in Celie's bag as a tiny fox peaks his head out of the bag... As you look at it, you see him holding onto a weird looking doll, that if you detect it, has a small sense of evil coming off of it... As if it use to belong to an ancient evil.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

"Ahh, well, last time there was a hole to stick me finger into, I was wise enough not to. Just as well, as I think it wanted to eat me whole hand. Given I'd already been up close and personal with the lady of graves but a short while earlier cutesy of the doormat, I was a tad on the cautious side. Did ya know, that lady has almost no sense of humor? Even with me best lines she barely cracked a smile. But smile she did."

He pauses.

" Of course that was but moments before I got yanked back to life in this old bag o' bones. Not that I'm ungrateful and all, but being dead don't hurt one bit. It's the dying what is painful."

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

"Sometimes, the pain is there to tell you that you're alive, and you can keep going." Lissa pauses to take a sip of the wine served. "I'm sure that we've all been stabbed, burnt, chilled, beaten and Desna knows what else to know that. I'm sure that each of us have several 'almost joined the line' stories. No actual trips to the line here though. "

Sovereign Court

Solstice Scar Sign-up Sheet

★★★OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT★★★

The front doors of Skyreach burst open with a loud crack. Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin strides to the edge of the platform, with a slender elf dressed in practical but expensive clothing trailing meekly behind. The red-faced venture-captain addresses the crowd in a booming voice.

“Pathfinders, I regret interrupting the festivities, but we have something of a situation. Approximately twenty minutes ago, unknown forces invaded the Blakros Museum. Fortunately for everyone involved, the Torchbearing is about cooperation and helping our colleagues, so let’s think of this less as an inconvenience and more as an opportunity to practice what we preach.”

The elf, Nigel, exhales sharply, then speaks, “Now, Ambrus, I’ve spent a king’s ransom fortifying the museum from all sorts of invaders: sentinels from the Golemworks, magical wards from the Arcanamirium, and even contracts for guard beasts, both magical and mundane—spared no expense. I didn’t want to come here, but I’ve got no choice.”

Valsin’s forced smile cracks slightly, showing his annoyance. “Out with it, Nigel. Get to the point.”

“Someone broke into my museum and set off the magical protections! I was preserving priceless Shining Crusade pieces for our new exhibit when the first alarm activated. I sent for district guards and went to investigate, but by the time I arrived, the thieves had already locked themselves in my study. They somehow caused the Shining Crusade relics to fly around the museum and attack my sentinels. Everything is going haywire! The magical traps started to target me, the sentinels are not responding to my commands, and—”

Valsin holds out a hand to steady the increasingly agitated elf. “The last you knew, the thieves were still in your study?” Nigel nods. “Very well. Pathfinders: the Seekers should prepare to teleport directly into the Blakros study—“

“That won’t work,” Nigel interrupts, “The study is magically sealed. After that dreadful Numerian exhibit, I turned it into a magical safe room. The robbers must have figured out how to activate it; no one can get in or out while the wards hold. I can work on breaking the wards, but meanwhile my sentinels are smashing up the collection. Some of those priceless relics are on loan from your own Society lodges, so helping me is really helping yourselves.”

“Fine.” Ambrus Valsin takes a deep breath and then turns to the assembled Pathfinders. “Pathfinders, go to the Blakros Museum, secure any relics you can, disable the security systems, and apprehend the looters if possible. Stay safe.”

@Table GMs: You have until October 15 to run Part A on page 10 and Part B on page 14, in whatever order you choose.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

"Safe... in the Blackros museum? Let us hope there is no demented machine trying to suck out souls into another dimension." sighs Rhuul.

He quickly drains his ale, grabs his bag and flag.

"But this is what it means to be a Pathfinder. Friends of the table, let us march forth in our dining finery to the ale of this foe of the society. Who knows, we might even manage to pocket a relic on the way!"

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

Lissa holds in her groan until Venture-Captain Valsin is out of earshot. "What's the old Tian curse?... May you live in interesting times?" she mutters as she stands up, reaching for her sleeves. With a sigh, she pulls off the sleeves of the dress glamour she's wearing, reverting to her preferred vest, blouse and flowing skirts. With practiced quickness, she folds the sleeves up and slips them into her bag. "Sounds like we have a job to do. Anyone good with security systems?" she asks, as she throws her bag over her shoulder, seemingly ready to go as chunks of ice begin to form orbiting around her.

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Celie licks her lips. "Sounds Fun. Wonder if i can collect a new finger."

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 5/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 2/3 Smite Evil 3/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7|HP 66/67|AC:32*/T:16*/FF:27*|F:+10/R:+7/W:+9|CMB:+10|CMD: 23/21FF|BAB: +7|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

Andrietta stands up much more swiftly than her apparent age would seem to indicate, and while she's picking up her quarterstaff she gives a gentle chiding rap to the back of Rhuul's noggin. No damage, save maybe to pride?

"We'll not be looting the Blakros Museum for random relics. We're better than that in the Society." she states with a bit of a grim tone, before straightening up and fluffing her visible feathers out a bit.

"The tengu version is 'may all swings strike true'. It means about the same as 'When it rains, it pours'." the grandmother offers helpfully to Lissa.

"If things get really, really bad, I might be able to poke at the guardians, dear. I saw a thing or two on a trip to the Elemental Plane of Earth a few months back that might provide some ideas... but I'd be much more comfortable with someone who actually did it for a living before I tried to guess at it?"


(Temporarily) agreeing with the the stern tengu not to loot their ally's vaults, the agents quickly adjourn to the oft-accursed Blakros Museum.

Dozens of Wise District guards surround the place. The sergeant nods to Ambrus Valsin as he approaches, a subtle smirk dancing across the venture-captain’s face.
The museum itself is alight with swirling whorls of color and the sounds of metal and stone clashing. Occasionally, brief flashes of light burst from the front entrance, illuminating a toppled banner that says “Legacy of the Shining Crusade.”

The sergeant, a broad-shouldered Ulfen man, approaches, Very glad to see you're all taking this seriously, I've had to deal with some odd goings on at this place before, but this is a little flashy for my tastes. After an unpleasant dustup, I've pulled my people back to keep a firm perimeter. It's pure chaos in there - animated relics, clockwork creatures, even some weird-looking animals are all brawling with each other.

Think you can help?

Aside from the scrum inside the building, there appears to be some sort of arcane goings-on in the gardens. Where to?

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

a wide smile spreads across Celies face. "Chaos is what we live for." she starts to skip towards the mischief. Turning back she looks at the party. "Last one to claim a prize buys beers."

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

Rhuul turns with a grin on his face to Andrietta.

"We're better than picking up random relics? That is the reason the society exists. Oh, okay, we're suppose to get them from ruins and forgotten temples, not museums I grant you. But what is a few hundren miles (or in Absalom, feet) between friends eh?"

---

As the chaos at the museum becomes evident, Rhuul sighs.

"Sure this ain't going to sit well on top of my meal. And we didn't even get to desert. I tell you, if my coffee gets cold while we sort out this mess, there will be hell to pay!"

He peers in the main door. "Guess the main entrance is as good a place to start as anywhere?"

No strong preferences as to where to go first here.

Now that danger is near, Rhuul does unfurl his magnificent flag, mounted on top of a good sized pole. Upon it is the Rune of the Open Road.

"Explore! Report! Cooperate! And don't let Dreng give you any missions." he calls out loudly and irreverently.

Flagbearer is active, +2 to hit, damage, and saves vs fear and charms.


Rather than let the paizo.com goblins derail us, I'm going to go with Rhuul's partially expressed preference of the main entrance.

Under a sign that reads “The Shining Armory,” priceless Shining Crusade artifacts displayed on pedestals creak and move by some unseen force. Eerie light seems to dart between the objects while the din of a raging battle echoes throughout the chamber. The central feature is a low, artificial hill atop which stand two stuffed owlbears surrounded by shattered undead foes. Each of the beasts wears chainmail barding and an orange-and-black caparison depicting a stylized owlbear. A dead man dressed in furs lies on the floor before a suit of full-plate armor.

As you approach they give a trumpeting hoot, and rear in readiness for battle!

Initiative:
Andrietta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Celie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Jillia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Johann: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Lissa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Rhuul: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Red: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Blue: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Bold may go!
Active effects: Rhuul's Flagbearer (30' aura)
Lissa
Jillia
Rhuul
Celie

Blue Owlbear
Johann
Andrietta
Red Owlbear

-----

Knowledge (arcana) DC 18:
The stuffed owlbears appear to have been animated, although not through the art of necromancy. These are constructs animated by arcane magic.

For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Street Poet 7 | HP: 36/60 | AC: 22(17 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 24 (26 v. Overrun) | F: +10, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 v. Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Challenge: 2/3 Used | Tactician: 0/2 Used| Panache 0/2 Used | Active conditions: 5 Strength Damage

If possible, I'd like to delay to after Lissa (a ranged attacker, I think?) and Rhuul and Celie (just in case the casters have plans that affect me/the enemies). I'll post actions as if I do not, for the sake of not delaying the flow; we can adjust afterward.

Too big to tackle, Jillia silently laments, but not too big to fall.

"Never a dull moment at this museum," Jillia remarks, gleefully drawing her shortsword and quick on her feet towards the nearest owlbomination.

Acrobatics to Avoid AoOs, just in case: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Short Sword, Power Attack, (Out of flagbearer range): 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 = 27
Cold Iron, Piercing Damage, Power Attack: 1d4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10 + 7 Precision


Works for me Jillia, Lissa seems to be something of a switch hitter going by her feats/infusions, but shouldn't be a problem to let her hit first. I'll go ahead and retcon in any additional bardic boosts et al as appropriate.

Jillia's fleet-footed-ferocity finds its mark and a spray of sawdust erupts from the hooting warbeast, though the creature is noticeably sturdy! Probably red!

Bold may go!
Active effects: Rhuul's Flagbearer (30' aura)

Lissa
Jillia
Rhuul
Celie

Blue Owlbear
Johann
Andrietta
Red Owlbear -12

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Celie sees the stuffed teddy bear floating around.

Whitch Talk:

Celie "Fox, don't even think about asking to keep it.
Fox "But it's pretty."
Celie "And it's attacking people."
Fox "Oh, alright."

She stays back from the stuffed owlbears, she smiles. "Why so sad Mr Blue, your bad day has just begun."

Misfortune Will save DC 19. Failure means rolling two dice and taking the lower of the two.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

Cwethan's right. I'm a switch hitter, and I did just hit the point that I can threaten without having to gather or blow resources on it, so I'm comfortable in or out of melee.

Lissa nods as she sidesteps in front of Rhuul, to prevent the beast from charging though the door. "Well, they know where to go for emergancies. Seriously, How many times has the Society come to the rescue in the past 10 years?"

With a single breath, she focuses as motes of water begin to form in a wide area around her, and the sounds of surf crashing against a cliff face. After a second or two, she raises her hand above her head, as the motes rush to it, forming a roiling orb in her hand. She aims at the closer of the two trophies, and releases a geyser at it.

5 foot
Move action - Gather Power
Standard action - Empowered Water Blast(no burn)

Water Blast vs. Blue(Flagbearer,PBS): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 31for(Flagbearer,PBS): 4d6 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 4) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 35
And that's Empowered, so 52 damage. Counts as Magic and Bludgeoning.


Unless I missed something you'll have to move a little closer to hex the owlbears, Celie. Since you still had a move action available, I went ahead and moved you to 30' away; sing out if that's an unacceptable outcome for you.

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Celie twists the strands of fate to scrounge up a bad end for her chosen prey, and end that rapidly approaches as Lissa's geyser of devastation begins to tear away at its feathers, fur and skin!

Bold may go!
Active effects: Rhuul's Flagbearer (30' aura)

Lissa
Jillia
Rhuul
Celie
Blue Owlbear -47, unfortunate
Johann
Andrietta
Red Owlbear -12

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

The dwarf looks at the owlbears, but can't keep his mouth shut as he enters the room.

"What do you call a bears without ears?" he asks loudly as he waves the flag about.
"B's"

Inspire courage, +3 to hit, damage and dam,age"

Everyone feels invigorated by the somewhat unseemly joke, as they start to speed up...

Casts haste, as Celie moves after Rhuul, I'm assuming that he can get her in it too

Total of +6 to hit and +5 to damage


That Haste targeting works for me, added in the IC damage as well.

Clearly enraged by the dwarf's crudeness, the sodden owlbear hurls itself at the comedian in an ungainly rush!

Bite: 2d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (15, 20) + 13 + 2 = 50
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

Bold may go!
Active effects: Rhuul's Flagbearer (30' aura), Haste, Inspire Courage +3

Lissa
Jillia
Rhuul -12
Celie
Blue Owlbear -50, unfortunate, -2 AC
Johann
Andrietta

Red Owlbear -15

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

"Now that is what I call a hostile audience." sighs the dwarf, trying to keep his distance as he fends off the owlbear with the flag pole.

"Some creatures just don't appear to appreciate quality humor"

Apologies in advance, but Rhuul is the king of dad jokes. You'll be sick of them by the end of the scenario. If he doesn't get eaten first.

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 51/51| AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | Ft +8 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +11 / Wi +5 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +4 | Per. +13 | Bombs 15/19

Johann arrived late to the party, popping in just before the announcement of traveling to the Blakros Museum. He's been distracted on the way there, still thinking of his last experiment. Now seeing foes, he goes into full mad bomber mode.

"How dare these creatures profane an institution of learning!" he shouts and begins lobbing bombs as fast as he can. If his bombs drop the owlbear, he'll target the second, which would have a -4 due to range. These attacks target touch AC and do fire damage, unless they don't seem to be affected by fire on the first bomb in which case he'll switch to cold which does 1d6 less.

Bombs against Blue, including haste, flagbearer, and Inspire courage: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 191d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 351d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 25

confirmation of crit on second bomb: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 33

damage for 1st bomb: 5d6 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 5, 1) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 23

damage for 2nd bomb: 5d6 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 2, 6) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 30
crit damage for 2nd bomb: 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 13

damage for 3rd bomb: 5d6 + 6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) + 6 + 1 + 3 = 25

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 5/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 2/3 Smite Evil 3/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7|HP 66/67|AC:32*/T:16*/FF:27*|F:+10/R:+7/W:+9|CMB:+10|CMD: 23/21FF|BAB: +7|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

The grandmother was kind of taken aback by the sudden action, but recovers swiftly enough and blinks as Jillia is all by herself way ahead of the rest of the party.

She's going to get murdered up there. Definitely getting a whack when we get through with all this if she doesn't.

"Supporting Jill, hang tight folks!"

Realizing that she's going to have to brave a gauntlet of hard-hitting stuffed creatures, Andrietta hunkers down with her shield between herself and Blue Fight Defensively, AC 28 and moves to split the difference between the two large constructs(?).

Move to current position(Almost forgot HASTE) Possible AoO from Blue and Red

Darkwood Quarterstaff(On Red): Fight Defensively, Haste, Inspire Courage, Flag, Banner: 1d20 + 12 - 4 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 4 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 25

Damage(On Red): 1d6 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 5 = 16

Realized after looking at the map that Jill was REALLY lonely up there by herself, and Andrietta wouldn't just leave her alone like that...


The shower of Herr Erlenmeyer's Effervescent Excitables quickly puts paid to the Unfortunate mascot, leaving their brilliant inventor time enough to scorch its equally feathered companion.

Rather than let all feathered creatures be tarred with the same bad behavior, Andrietta does her best to interpose herself between the Owlbear's beaks and any tasty halflings, giving it a ringing smack to the side of the head as she does so.

Hooting with rage the beast attempts to prove itself the dominant avian in the room as it viciously savages the aged tengu!

Beak: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Beak confirmation: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Extra Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13

Bold may go!
Active effects: Rhuul's Flagbearer (30' aura), Haste, Inspire Courage +3

Lissa
Jillia
Rhuul -12
Celie

Blue Owlbear - exploded, clearly unfortunate
Johann
Andrietta -34

Red Owlbear -46

Don't forget - Your fellow Pathfinders are happy to help out via an Aid Token!

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Street Poet 7 | HP: 36/60 | AC: 22(17 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 24 (26 v. Overrun) | F: +10, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 v. Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Challenge: 2/3 Used | Tactician: 0/2 Used| Panache 0/2 Used | Active conditions: 5 Strength Damage

"Why not pick on someone my own size?" Jillia shouts up at the bird, slicing at the birds ankles with magically quickened strikes.

Unfortunately, outside of the flag radius.

Short Sword, Power Attack, haste, Inspired: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 3 = 26 for Damage, Power Attack, Inspired: 1d4 + 2 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 4 + 3 = 12 +7 Precision

Short Sword, Power Attack, haste, Inspired: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 2 + 1 + 3 = 18 for Damage, Power Attack, Inspired: 1d4 + 2 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 4 + 3 = 12 +7 Precision

Short Sword Iterative, Power Attack, haste, Inspired: 1d20 + 12 - 5 - 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 5 - 2 + 1 + 3 = 23 for Damage, Power Attack, Inspired: 1d4 + 2 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 + 3 = 11 +7 Precision

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

"What do you get if you cross a dishonest bear and a harp seal?"

Rhuul moves up to ward Jilla, while he calls on a nearby pathfinder to provide healing to the injured warrior.

"A bear faced lyre!" he chortles.

Will use the aid token to provide healing, and allow it to get passed on


Burst of Healing: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1) = 7
A junior agent stifles a groan at Rhuul's wit as she does her best to patch up Andrietta and Rhuul amidst the flying fur, feathers, and filling that Jillia scatters around the room.

Bold may go!
Active effects: Rhuul's Flagbearer (30' aura), Haste, Inspire Courage +3

Lissa
Jillia
Rhuul -5
Celie
Johann
Andrietta -27

Red Owlbear -73

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 51/51| AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | Ft +8 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +11 / Wi +5 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +4 | Per. +13 | Bombs 15/19

Johann moves forward and tosses another bomb. Forgot about point-blank shot last time!

ranged touch, including haste, flagbearer, point-blank shot and Inspire courage: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 22
damage: 5d6 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 5, 5, 2) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 26


With a sudden boom the owlbear simply falls to pieces.

Victory! I'm going to continue pressing onward, but you do have time to heal up and such, so just mention anything you'd like to have accomplished within your next post

A sudden noise draws your attention to the south. A humanoid-shaped figure made of shattered clockwork lies slumped over a bench. Above it, an elaborately painted sign reads “Crusader’s Chronicles.” Long shadows cast by ruined displays and broken furniture litter the floor; within those shadows lounge a pair of large otherworldly tigers, their coats iridescent where the light touches them.

They regard you carefully but without fear. As they see you notice them they begin to audibly confer with one another.

Sylvan:
"They bear the symbol of the Open Road, sister. Surely the Pathfinders are not lost. Surely they mean to be here."
"True, sister, but why are they here? Treasures lie all around them, treasures for them to take and hide in their lodges."
"But they have helped the Nigel in the past. Helped him make safe his treasures. Helped him see the need for proper guardings."
"Thieves or saviors, predators or prey? Or perhaps we should we make them a proof of our guarding?"
"There are enough fightings without finding new ones. If they are here to help, help them. Unless they are tricksy. Tricksy pathfinders who set off the defenses to fools us."

The cats snicker in an unpleasant way, and inquire in tandem,
"Why are the Pathfinders trespassing?"
"Why shouldn't we play with them anyways?"
-----

Knowledge (arcana) DC 18:
These are Magical Beasts known as Dweomercats. These seem to be more formidable (advanced) than most.

Powerful and regal, dweomercats prey upon lesser creatures, but even more voraciously hunt new and ever stranger sources of magic. Beings as much composed of sculpted arcane eddies as of flesh and blood, these capricious felines flourish along the intangible ley lines of their home realm, drinking in its weird powers as a plant thrives on light. Yet even more potent than their thirst for magic and the euphoria they draw from being in proximity to the reshaping of reality is dweomercats’ racial curiosity.

For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Liberty's Edge

M Gnome Alchemist (Preservationist) 8 | HP 51/51| AC 23 T 15 FF 19 | Ft +8 (+2 vs poison) / Rf +11 / Wi +5 (+1 vs enchantment spells & effects) | Init +4 | Per. +13 | Bombs 15/19

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Sylvan:
"Good day to you, noble and fierce creatures! We are friends of the Museum and come to investigate the goings-on here. I heard you mention Nigel, are you friends of his as well?"

Special attacks and resistances I suppose

Diplomacy if appropriate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Sovereign Court

Female Half-Elf Witch 7 | HP:51/51 | AC: 13/ FF 13/ T 11 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +7 | Perception: +10| Init: +6

Seeing the stuffed teddy bears go down, Celie goes and expects the bodies. Noticing nothing that she finds interesting, she returns to the group. "Easy foes." she says.

"Play is fun." Celie looks at the cat that said that. "Just remember that dangerous toys are fun, but someone could get hurt."

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 5/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 2/3 Smite Evil 3/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7|HP 66/67|AC:32*/T:16*/FF:27*|F:+10/R:+7/W:+9|CMB:+10|CMD: 23/21FF|BAB: +7|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

The grandmother shudders a bit as she's whacked repeatedly by the stuffed being but is glad she was protecting vital areas with her shield as she did so, some of those hits went to the bone!

"Unnnnfff. ...that all you got?"

Her question goes unanswered as her opponent proceeds to fall apart at the seams.

The idea of someone applying field medicine would be alien to most folks... Andrietta actually traveled with someone who was amazing with such a thing, so she doesn't even pause as she shifts her stance to allow the field medics to do their work. "Thank you, dears. You be safe out there!"

After things resolve she'll give an approving nod to the party but give Jill a gentle tap to the head with her quarterstaff. "That's for getting out too far ahead of the party and nearly getting yourself killed." she explains.

Andrietta will poke herself with a standard-issue Pathfinder Wand of Light Wound Healing, MK I MOD 0.

Healing Crunch:

CLWW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

CLWW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

CLWW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

CLWW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

CLWW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

As the cats discuss

The paladin falls into the cadence of the two felines with an almost wistful musical tone befitting the language being used.

Sylvan:

"They bear the language of the First World. Surely the mighty cats are not lost. Surely they are meant to be here."
"Shinies lie all around you, shinies for you to take and hide in your lairs"
"Have you helped the Nigel in the past? Have you helped him make safe his treasures. Did he heed your cautions for proper guardings?"
"Thieves or saviors, predators or prey? Or perhaps we should we make you a proof of our aiding?"
"There are enough fightings without finding new ones. If you are here to help, help us."

Andrieta's feathers ruffle a bit as she snorts and then stamps her quarterstaff a few times.

"It is not trespassing if our presence was requested.
There is a time for play and a time for duty, and now is the latter, not the former. Perhaps another day we can arrange to play?"

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

With the stuffed owlbears decimated by Johann, Lissa looks toward the new possible threats. She wearily slips over be a roadblock if the cats decide to attack. Eventually, the constant conversation in Sylvan wears on her.

"Excuse me, but can we please in Taldane, so this dumb country girl can understand what's going on?" she adds in with equal parts frustration and sarcasm.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Street Poet 7 | HP: 36/60 | AC: 22(17 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 24 (26 v. Overrun) | F: +10, R: +8, W: +5 (+4 v. Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Challenge: 2/3 Used | Tactician: 0/2 Used| Panache 0/2 Used | Active conditions: 5 Strength Damage

Postcombat!

Andrietta Ebonfeather wrote:
"That's for getting out too far ahead of the party and nearly getting yourself killed." she explains.

I've been 'almost killed' before...old crow here certainly has a flair for the dramatic. Still, she had my back, though.

"Act decisive and trust in your friends," Jillia replies, offering Andrietta a high-five. "To hesitate is to stagnate when there are foes to eradicate."

Now!

"I wouldn't recommend crossing us right now, Jillia warns the cats. "Dinner's getting cold and talking's getting old. What exactly is going on here?"

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Bard lvl9; AC 17 (18 haste); HP 66/66; Fort +8; Ref +8; Will +9; SM +1; Perc +13; init +4; Music left 23/27

Rhuul too shows his ignorance of Sylvan. He admires the cats however.

"You are fine creatures, I don't suppose you would be able to cater for those of us who are not quite so refined as yourselves?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27
Extra +1 if they are hostile!

And assuming someone translates...

"We have been asked by Nigel to look into the chaos that has befallen this place. "

He digs out the piece of paper the swan origami swam delivered and offers it to the cats at evidence of the groups good intentions.


The faintly glowing cats yawn languorously.

Sylvan:
"I suppose we shouldn't eat invited guests."
"Or figure out how they work."
"Or that."

"The Nigel was careless. The constructs that he wanted to be here weren't built by the wardmakers. When the thieves arrived they set off the wards, and his new constructs were not prepared"

"This one thought we did not belong here, attacked us. But once it was disemboweled, its magics were clearer. We will tell the Nigel how to avoid this next time, but for now, do not trust anything that does not bleed!"

There are still distressing sounds coming from the floor above, and misfiring wards outside, where to?

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Human (Varisian) Hydrokineticist 8 | HP: 82/82(24NL)| AC: 30( 17Tch, 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 25 | F: +12, R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +1 | Speed 40ft, Swim 20ft | Burn: 3/7 |Active conditions: 2 Burn into Shroud of Water(+1 AC), 1 Burn into Veil of Mists, Elemental Overflow(+2Hit, +4DMG, +2Con, +2Dex, 15% Fortification)

It takes Lissa a moment to parse what exactly what the cats said, but after a moment, she nods and turns to the others.

"We're already inside, so let's head upstairs and deal with whatever the problem is up there?" she suggests.

Silver Crusade

Female Tengu
Consumables:
Lay On hands(3d6, removes fatigued and diseased) 5/6 Channel Positive(4d6) 2/3 Smite Evil 3/3 +3 to hit +7 dam+3 defl.AC
Stats:
Paladin 7|HP 66/67|AC:32*/T:16*/FF:27*|F:+10/R:+7/W:+9|CMB:+10|CMD: 23/21FF|BAB: +7|In: +2|Low-Lt Vision|H. An: +7|Heal: +7|K: Rel: +6|Per.:+9|Dip.: +10|S.M.: +9|Lng: +12*|Scft:+4|K: Nob: +4|Blf/Dis/Int:+3|PFS# 145296-6

Earlier
The grandmother shows that she's not tragically unhip by not only not leaving Jill hanging, but coming back on the down low, offering the fist-bump, and grasping the hand and drawing back with magic fingers if Jill keeps up.

Andrietta very much keeps it cool, though, not pushing it past the bounds of what Jill is on-board with.

After the cat conversation
First the paladin gives the cats a curt nod.

Then Andrietta takes a moment to whap herself atop her head with her quarterstaff, making a slight TING when she does so.

"Sorry, kids, that was incredibly rude of me. I just heard the language and started talking. No excuse for poor manners, though! Upstairs it is, let's get moving!"

While she's not as fast as most folks because of the plate armor she's wearing, she is setting a decent pace if the party is on-board with going upstairs.

1 to 50 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Solstice Scar (Session 2, 7-8) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.