Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dream of the Red Chamber: Kyrademon's Jade Regent PBP, Part IV

Game Master Kyrademon


1 to 50 of 1,658 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

FOREST OF SPIRITS

Part I – Ordu-Anganhei

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26 through Gozran 28

SPECIAL ENCOUNTERS: None
WEATHER: Cool, pleasant
DISTANCE TRAVELED: 96 miles
TOTAL DISTANCE SINCE LEAVING SANDPOINT: 5635 miles
TOTAL TIME SINCE LEAVING SANDPOINT: 239 days

Your journey through the Uqtaal Necropolis has taken you some distance to the east of the Path of Aganhei. Ulf advises you to get back on the road as soon as possible; while the few Hon cities and the roads that connect them are kept safe for merchants and the vast wealth they have brought into Hongal in recent decades, the nomadic horse tribes that control the far vaster part of Hongal are still a bit “old fashioned,” as Ulf puts it, and by the Khan’s law any Caravan not on the roads or in a city is considered the property of the first tribe that finds it – the goods and the people both.

Fortunately, you encounter no horsemen during the two days’ travel it takes to get back to the Path only the vast empty grasslands to one side and the towering mountains to the other. You reach the Path, snaking out of the southern end of the Altan Zuud pass, without difficulty, and turn south to travel another day to Ordu-Aganhei.

A hundred years ago, Ordu-Aganhei was a nameless fort constructed on the shore of a sulfur-rimed lake fed by thermal hot springs. It was built by the Khan of that time to keep a permanent eye on the Altan Zuud pass, in case the Osman, Khorki, or Ulaagor Erutaki decided to turn their attention to raids on their southern neighbors across the mountains.

When the Path of Aganhei became a major trading route, the fort became the last stop for the huge, rich Caravans heading north to Avistan and the first stop for those heading south to Tian Xia. With immense wealth flooding it twice a year – and the nomadic tribes of Hongal never a people to turn down a gift horse – it began to grow rapidly, blossoming from a double-digit garrison into the city of some 9,000 souls that it is today. Not the largest city in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but a perfectly respectably sized town.

It is technically the capital of Hongal, but the true rulership of the land rests with the traveling nomadic court of the Khan. Control of the city is traditionally given to a relative of the Khan, and it is currently ruled by Prince Batsaikhar, the Khan’s younger brother, who is said to relish the comforts and benefits of civilization normally looked down on by the Hon nomads. Apparently called the Golden One by his subjects, he has been attempting to turn his city at the edge of the Arctic Circle into an oasis of luxury and hospitality in the icy desert of despair.

As you approach the city’s north gate, you see the town is surrounded by a stout timber wall some 40 feet high, topped with spikes decorated with the severed heads of bandits who preyed upon the Path of Aganhei. Since no Caravans are likely to be heading north for a few months yet, or south for another several months after that, it is the off season for bandits as well, and the heads are somewhat old.

The exception, of course, to the lack of Caravans is your own. And when you approach the gate, this immediately causes suspicion.

The north gate is a decorated tower with a single 30 foot high reinforced iron door and some 30 guards inside, mostly human and a few tengu. A Caravan approaching from the north in the off-season is apparently an unheard of occurrence, and the guards examine the you, your goods, and your wagons with barely hidden suspicion. Their examination is strict and thorough, dust swirling around them as they work.

They do not look like they believe what you are telling them, and it is beginning to look as if they are not going to allow you to enter the city.


Male Half-elf Barbarian

As the wagons are being thoroughly searched, Rhost spends a lot of time standing around and whistling a single note. Over and over. It might have been a tune, once.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Lio ponders, if maybe being of ancestry from the elves of the frozen north will give their story some credence. She approaches the guards, and pulls off her hood. Her Tien, while accented, is easily understandable. "My friends speak the truth. Would you please not reconsider?"

Take a 10 on both Knowledge Local (for a 20) and Diplomacy (for a 25) to address the gatekeepers in a culturally appropriate fashion.


THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Liothonae:
In the morning after your normal Druidic ritual with Jorun, while he is practicing the Druidic language, suddenly, much to his surprise, both you and he are suddenly outlined in a pale blue glow.

Jorun has cast Faerie Fire.


THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26 through Gozran 28

Melinda:
Squash on a bed of sauteed tuna fondue.

That sounds so good to you right now.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Mel smiles at the guard as he searches the wagon, her arms wrapped around her belly. In Tian, quietly, "If we were lying, wouldn't we come up with a more plausible story?"

Then more conversationally, she asks about the amenities of the town that they may be barred from. Eyes growing wistful at the thought of a real bath.


Male Human Cleric 10
Melinda Sorn wrote:

Mel smiles at the guard as he searches the wagon, her arms wrapped around her belly. In Tian, quietly, "If we were lying, wouldn't we come up with a more plausible story?"

Then more conversationally, she asks about the amenities of the town that they may be barred from. Eyes growing wistful at the thought of a real bath.

Alaric stands next to Mel, taking her hand and presenting the very image of harmlessness: a husband and his pregnant wife. Although currently without their adopted goblin daughter.


Male Human (Ulfen) Oracle of Battle 10

Sorry, I don't have time for RP right now...

Hrunndalf tries to assist the diplomatic effort to get into Ordu-Aganhei.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Jorun Druidic Studies:

Kyrademon wrote:


In the morning after your normal Druidic ritual with Jorun, while he is practicing the Druidic language, suddenly, much to his surprise, both you and he are suddenly outlined in a pale blue glow.

Jorun has cast Faerie Fire.

Lio blinks, looking up surprised. Then she smiles, so beautifully, that no one but Shalelu has ever seen her so happy. Her hand covers her mouth for a brief moment, as she has to filter past the amazement and into pride.

"You did it." She whispers, her face radiant. She would be open to even a crushing hug, but would never force it upon you. She's so proud, that a couple of tears make their way down her cheeks, escaping from the corner of her eyes. "I'm so proud of you." She says, grinning.

it's not outlining any nearby invisible creatures, is it? ;)


THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Liothonae/Jorun Druidic Studies:
liothonae cromvathar wrote:

Lio blinks, looking up surprised. Then she smiles, so beautifully, that no one but Shalelu has ever seen her so happy. Her hand covers her mouth for a brief moment, as she has to filter past the amazement and into pride.

"You did it." She whispers, her face radiant. She would be open to even a crushing hug, but would never force it upon you. She's so proud, that a couple of tears make their way down her cheeks, escaping from the corner of her eyes. "I'm so proud of you." She says, grinning.

"I did it? What ... what did I do?" he says, a grin already lighting his face as he begins to suspect the answer.

There are no invisible critters that you can see. :)


THE NORTH GATE OF ORDU-AGANHEI

Your protestations that you are telling the truth seem to have little effect - although, as far as you can tell, you have in fact largely convinced them of your veracity. But it doesn't seem to matter. No matter how diplomatic you are, no matter how convincing of your innocence, they seem unwilling to let you inside.

Sense Motive DC 20:
They seem convinced that if they let you inside, something awful is going to happen to them.

After a forty-five minute inspection and discussion, you are no closer to getting in the city than you were at the start, and are about to give up hope.

Then, suddenly, the great iron gate swings open to reveal a well-dressed man. He steps forward and then quite literally prostrates himself at your feet.

“貴賓!” he says from below you. “歡迎,歡迎,3歡迎更多的請忽略腳下的滑行蠕蟲 - 我向你保證,他們應為自己的傲慢處罰王子,金色的陽光ORB在黑色的野蠻門戶,歡迎奧爾杜-出價。,城市在世界的邊緣。我最優厚的主邀請他的嘉賓,他謙虛的宮殿 休息,用餐,參加在禮貌的談話,也許沉迷於一些樂趣。金一說,他希望你會尊重他聰明的你從陌生的土地,在所有的人,他​​已經掌握了講話。講話,他是渴望聽到你的旅程,在這個旅行中最困難的時候整個世界之冠。“

Tien:
“Honored guests! Welcome, welcome, and three welcomes more! Please ignore these slithering worms beneath your feet – I assure you they shall be punished for their insolence. Prince Batsaikhar, golden orb of sunlight at the black portal of barbarism, bids you welcome to Ordu-Aganhei, the City at the Edge of the World. My most munificent lord invites his honored guests to his humble palace to rest, dine, partake in polite conversation, and perhaps indulge in some pleasure. The Golden One says he hopes you will honor him with your clever speech from strange lands, a speech that he of all men in Hongal has mastered. He is eager to hear of your journey across the Crown of the World in this most difficult time of travel.”


Male Human Cleric 10

THE NORTH GATE OF ORDU-AGANHEI

Kyrademon wrote:
Your protestations that you are telling the truth seem to have little effect - although, as far as you can tell, you have in fact largely convinced them of your veracity. But it doesn't seem to matter. No matter how diplomatic you are, no matter how convincing of your innocence, they seem unwilling to let you inside.

"Nad kardavad, kui nad meile on, midagi hirmsat ei juhtu nendega," Alaric says pleasantly to no one in particular.

Halfling:
"They're afraid if they let us in, something terrible will happen to them."

Kyrademon wrote:

Then, suddenly, the great iron gate swings open to reveal a well-dressed man. He steps forward and then quite literally prostrates himself at your feet.

“貴賓!” he says from below you. “歡迎,歡迎,3歡迎更多的請忽略腳下的滑行蠕蟲 - 我向你保證,他們應為自己的傲慢處罰王子,金色的陽光ORB在黑色的野蠻門戶,歡迎奧爾杜-出價。,城市在世界的邊緣。我最優厚的主邀請他的嘉賓,他謙虛的宮殿 休息,用餐,參加在禮貌的談話,也許沉迷於一些樂趣。金一說,他希望你會尊重他聰明的你從陌生的土地,在所有的人,他​​已經掌握了講話。講話,他是渴望聽到你的旅程,在這個旅行中最困難的時候整個世界之冠。“

GM:
Sense Motive. 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Jorun Druidic Studies:
Kyrademon wrote:
"I did it? What ... what did I do?" he says, a grin already lighting his face as he begins to suspect the answer.

"You, sir, are a Druid." Lio says, with all seriousness, the tone of her words showing how important this is to her, how proud she is of what you have accomplished. "You are no longer, an apprentice, learning to be a Druid. Now you are a Druid, learning to better hone the Druidic arts that have manifested within you, thanks to your persistent study and strong will."


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

THE NORTH GATE OF ORDU-AGANHEI

Kyrademon wrote:

Then, suddenly, the great iron gate swings open to reveal a well-dressed man. He steps forward and then quite literally prostrates himself at your feet.

“貴賓!” he says from below you. “歡迎,歡迎,3歡迎更多的請忽略腳下的滑行蠕蟲 - 我向你保證,他們應為自己的傲慢處罰王子,金色的陽光ORB在黑色的野蠻門戶,歡迎奧爾杜-出價。,城市在世界的邊緣。我最優厚的主邀請他的嘉賓,他謙虛的宮殿 休息,用餐,參加在禮貌的談話,也許沉迷於一些樂趣。金一說,他希望你會尊重他聰明的你從陌生的土地,在所有的人,他​​已經掌握了講話。講話,他是渴望聽到你的旅程,在這個旅行中最困難的時候整個世界之冠。“

Mel looks at the man on the ground, clearly uncomfortable with the posture. Quietly, but with confidence in her manner, "適當懲罰他們做他們的工作將是毫無意義的。我敢肯定,他們的行動,讓您的領主和其他人的安全。"

She looks at one of the guards, obviously wishing there was a way to ask what is the danger without alerting the toadish man.

Tien:
Punishing them for doing their job properly would be pointless. I'm sure that their actions were to keep your lord and everyone else safe.


Male Halfling Cavalier 10

"Pole üllatav, tõesti. Olen kindel, et praegu võimul on teinud selgeks nende meelepaha," replies Kalimac conversationally.

To the Well-Dressed Man, he says, "嗯,感謝你呢?我敢肯定,任何人都不應為保衛自己的城市盡職處罰。"

Halfling:
"Not surprising, really. I'm sure those currently in power have made clear their displeasure."

Tien:
"Um, thank you? And I'm sure no one should be punished for due diligence in defending their city."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Alaric:
The man is a functionary, giving a prepared speech he has been told to say, but he seems to believe that he is nonetheless speaking the truth.

The man gets up and waves his hands airily. “他們是不重要的,是他們的命運,但我看你是仁慈的人,最令人欽佩的品質。如果他們沒有過多的不滿你,我相信他們的處罰將是光。”

“我可以這麼榮幸護送你到故宮?”

Tien:
"They are unimportant, as is their fate. But I see you are merciful men, a most admirable quality. If they have not displeased you overmuch, I am sure their punishment will be light."

"May I be so honored as to escort you to the Palace?"


THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Liothonae/Jorun Druidic Studies:
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
"You, sir, are a Druid." Lio says, with all seriousness, the tone of her words showing how important this is to her, how proud she is of what you have accomplished. "You are no longer, an apprentice, learning to be a Druid. Now you are a Druid, learning to better hone the Druidic arts that have manifested within you, thanks to your persistent study and strong will."

"I'm a Druid?" he says, his grin growing much broader.

"I'm a Druid!"


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Lio rolls her eyes at the words merciful men, she sighs, and after ensuring Jorun is alright, awaits Sandru's say so, since it's his caravan, after all.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Jorun Druidic Studies:
Kyrademon wrote:


"I'm a Druid?" he says, his grin growing much broader.

"I'm a Druid!"

"You, are a Druid." Lio, grinning, confirms.


Male Halfling Cavalier 10

"Nad ilmselt vannid on Palee," muses Kalimac.

Halfling:
"They probably have baths at the Palace."


"Kui me läheme palee, see võib olla hea võimalus saada infot olukorrast Minkai," Ameiko tentatively suggests.

Halfling:
"If we go to the palace, it might be a good opportunity to get information about the situation in Minkai."


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Mel's eyes flash at the messanger, her voice flat. "Kui ma ei usu, et saaksin valvurid karistada, ma ütlen väike mees pista oma külalislahkus."

But at Ameiko's words she nods, "Olete ilmselt on rohkem tasakaalukas sellest, kui ma, muusika tegija. Mulle ei meeldi olla teatud isanda domeeni, kuid see on mis ta on." Her fingers laced with Alaric's, ready to move into the city.

Halfling:
If I didn't think that it would get the guards punished, I'd tell the little man to shove his hospitality.

You are probably being more level-headed about this than I, Ameiko. I do not like being in some lord's control, but it is what it is.


THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Liothonae/Jorun Druidic Studies:
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
"You, are a Druid." Lio, grinning, confirms.

"That's ... this is ..." He looks for words.

"This is the first time I've ever been anything."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Jorun Druidic Studies:
Kyrademon wrote:


"That's ... this is ..." He looks for words.

"This is the first time I've ever been anything."

Lio smiles at him. Very happy.

She considers correcting him, that he was free first, and became a Druid only because he was free to choose. But she does not. Being a Druid is the first thing he was able to chose to do for himself. So perhaps ultimately he is correct.

"Well, now that you are well on your way to communing with Nature, and no longer in need of a teacher to guide your steps, will you make your way home?" She asks. Her tone is quiet. She doesn't want him to go, but she understands if he feels the need to get back to his home, to his people, to those he is responsible for.

She wonders, when they reach town, if there would be some way to send money home to his people, and if she finds such a way, she will arrange for it.

what would i do in order to find that out? can i send funds or goods with a caravan for a fee, and instructions on delivery?


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Lio Sense Motive Roll for above DC 20 spoiler...


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Lio rolls some dice:

What could they possibly be afraid of? What could happen to them if they let us in? Have I heard any stories or legends or know anything about the area:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Knowledge History
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Knowledge Local
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Knowledge Religion


Male Halfling Cavalier 10
Kyrademon wrote:
"Kui me läheme palee, see võib olla hea võimalus saada infot olukorrast Minkai," Ameiko tentatively suggests.

"Oh, kindlasti. Mõtlen ainult maise naudinguid, ja sa tuled tagasi kõik tark ja praktiline ja värki," teases Kalimac.

Halfling:
"Oh, sure. Here I am thinking only of earthly pleasures, and you come back all smart and practical and stuff."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Kyrademon wrote:

FOREST OF SPIRITS

Part I – Ordu-Anganhei
THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26 through Gozran 28

Lio now not only spends an hour preforming Druidic Rituals first thing in the morning, but she also spends an hour mediating around the same time that Alaric prepares for his spells, in the evening.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Traveling through the plains
By now Rhost should recognize the look on Melinda's face. It is a sign heralding she is about to ask him about food ... food that no sane, non-pregnant person would ever ask for. She smiles.


Male Half-elf Barbarian

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Traveling through the plains

Melinda Sorn wrote:
By now Rhost should recognize the look on Melinda's face. It is a sign heralding she is about to ask him about food ... food that no sane, non-pregnant person would ever ask for. She smiles.

Rhost smiles back, and waits. He holds up three fingers.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Traveling through the plains

Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:
Rhost smiles back, and waits. He holds up three fingers.

Mel looks suspiciously at the fingers. She raises an eyebrow questioningly. She ticks off three ingredients "qara, tonn, ġobon." She pauses, "Or were the fingers for something else?"

goblin:
squash, tuna, cheese


Male Half-elf Barbarian

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Traveling through the plains

Melinda Sorn wrote:
Mel looks suspiciously at the fingers. She raises an eyebrow questioningly. She ticks off three ingredients "qara, tonn, ġobon." She pauses, "Or were the fingers for something else?"

"Was guess," Rhost says. He thinks. "How together? Sliced? Souped?"


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Traveling through the plains

Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:
"Was guess," Rhost says. He thinks. "How together? Sliced? Souped?"

Mel thinks about that for a moment. "Tuna... fondue then saute. Squash steamed and put on top of the fish?" she asks hopefully.

A pause, "That does sound good, doesn't it?" A cheerful smile.


Male Half-elf Barbarian

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Traveling through the plains

Melinda Sorn wrote:

Mel thinks about that for a moment. "Tuna... fondue then saute. Squash steamed and put on top of the fish?" she asks hopefully.

A pause, "That does sound good, doesn't it?" A cheerful smile.

"Hmm," Rhost says, sounding doubtful. "Saute first," he suggests. "Experimental."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Melinda Sorn wrote:
THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Traveling through the plains
Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:
"Was guess," Rhost says. He thinks. "How together? Sliced? Souped?"

Mel thinks about that for a moment. "Tuna... fondue then saute. Squash steamed and put on top of the fish?" she asks hopefully.

A pause, "That does sound good, doesn't it?" A cheerful smile.

Lio, shaking her head at the strange combination of food that Mel is craving, awaits Rhosts reply curiously. If anyone could make that work, it would be Rhost.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Traveling through the plains

Melinda Sorn wrote:

Mel thinks about that for a moment. "Tuna... fondue then saute. Squash steamed and put on top of the fish?" she asks hopefully.

A pause, "That does sound good, doesn't it?" A cheerful smile.

"Hmm," Rhost says, sounding doubtful. "Saute first," he suggests. "Experimental."

"Want help?" she offers assistance with any prep work that she could do... cleaning fish, for example.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Gozran 27

Lio runs her fingers through some tall grass, as the sun is going down. She looks back at Shae, and offers the tall elf her hand.

DC 15 Perception:
"Anwylyd, yr hyn lle cawsoch chi eich geni? Ar ba ddyddiad, yn union?"A pause... "A gawsoch enw geni wahanol i'r enw chi yn awr ei ddefnyddio?"
Lio asks, quietly. Her expression, as she speaks, is much akin to the one that she had when the group walked out of the caves and into the light, and Lio had some sort of realization.

Perception 15 and Elven:
"Beloved, what place were you born? On what date, exactly?" A pause "Were you given a different birth name from the name you now use?"


Kalimac Proudfoot wrote:
"Oh, kindlasti. Mõtlen ainult maise naudinguid, ja sa tuled tagasi kõik tark ja praktiline ja värki," teases Kalimac.

"Oh, ärge saage minust valesti aru. Ma valutavat jaoks kuum vann ka," Ameiko replies.

Halfling:
"Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm aching for a hot bath, too."

"Mida te kõik arvate?" Sandru asks all of you. "Kui me võtame ta üles pakkumine?"

Halfling:
"What do you all think? Should we take him up on the offer?"]


Liothonae:
You can't think of any stories or superstitions that would account for it.


THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Liothonae/Jorun Druidic Studies:
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
"Well, now that you are well on your way to communing with Nature, and no longer in need of a teacher to guide your steps, will you make your way home?" She asks. Her tone is quiet. She doesn't want him to go, but she understands if he feels the need to get back to his home, to his people, to those he is responsible for.

He hesitates. "It'd be better if I kept working. But I need to get money back to Kalsgard."

liothonae cromvathar wrote:

She wonders, when they reach town, if there would be some way to send money home to his people, and if she finds such a way, she will arrange for it.

what would i do in order to find that out? can i send funds or goods with a caravan for a fee, and instructions on delivery?

Yes, that should be possible. You'd probably want to talk to a merchant guild.


Gozran 27

liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Lio runs her fingers through some tall grass, as the sun is going down. She looks back at Shae, and offers the tall elf her hand.

Shalelu takes the proffered hand.

Perception DC 15:
"Cefais fy ngeni ar y cyntaf o Desnus. Ac fy enw geni yw'r un yr wyf yn dal yn ei ddefnyddio."

And Elven:
"I was born on the first of Desnus. And my birth name is the one I still use."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

THE STEPPES OF HONGAL – Gozran 26

Jorun Druidic Studies:
Kyrademon wrote:


He hesitates. "It'd be better if I kept working. But I need to get money back to Kalsgard."

Lio nods, understanding.

After a moment of quiet contemplation, "Maybe we can do both?" She asks. "If you wanted to keep working, and wanted to send money home at the same time, how do you think you might go about arranging it?" She already has the answer, but she thinks it might be more valuable if he can come up with it on his own. She will let him try to answer it, and only chime in, if it looks like he needs a hint.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Kyrademon wrote:

Gozran 27

liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Lio runs her fingers through some tall grass, as the sun is going down. She looks back at Shae, and offers the tall elf her hand.

Shalelu takes the proffered hand.

"Fyddai ots gennych os byddaf yn ceisio rhywbeth?" Lio asks, her face eager.

Elven:
"Would you mind if I attempted something?"


Male Half-elf Barbarian
Kyrademon wrote:
"Mida te kõik arvate?" Sandru asks all of you. "Kui me võtame ta üles pakkumine?"

"Jah," says Rhost. "Vali loll."

...and then, realizing that more explanation might be necessary, "Sa ei saa maha lõksu ilma kõndides ta." And Rhost grins.

Halfling:
"Yes. Choose stupid. You cannot set off a trap without walking into it."


Liothonae/Jorun Druidic Studies:
"Do you think it's safe to send the money back?" he asks hesitantly. "I mean it's, it's 30 gold. That's a lot."

Even more hesitantly, he adds, "Now that I'm a Druid, do you think maybe you could talk to people about my switching to being a, a scout, or a guard? I ... I know you need drivers, but ... they get paid more, don't they?"

Jorun can now function as a scout, or as a spellcaster (which means he could serve as a scout or a guard in that function.) Scouts and guards get paid 100 gp a month, as opposed to drivers, who are paid 10 gp a month.

However, this would require someone with the Handle Animal skill taking over for him as a driver. I know that you, Myriana, and Rhost all have at least one rank in the skill, but I do not think anyone else in the current set-up does who is not already a driver.


Gozran 27

liothonae cromvathar wrote:
"Fyddai ots gennych os byddaf yn ceisio rhywbeth?" Lio asks, her face eager.

"Ddim o gwbl," she answers.

Elven:
"Not at all."


Male Halfling Cavalier 10
Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:

"Jah," says Rhost. "Vali loll."

...and then, realizing that more explanation might be necessary, "Sa ei saa maha lõksu ilma kõndides ta." And Rhost grins.

"Ma arvan, Myri võib olla rohkem ideid, mida teha lõkse," says Kalimac. "Aga olen nõus, võttes seda meest üles lossi pakkumise. Mida me saame üle korvab riski."

Almost as an afterthought he adds, "Ja vannid."

Halfling:
"I think Myri might have more ideas about what to do about traps. But I agree with taking this guy up on the palace offer. What we can gain more than offsets the risk. And, baths."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Jorun:
Kyrademon wrote:

"Do you think it's safe to send the money back?" he asks hesitantly. "I mean it's, it's 30 gold. That's a lot."

Even more hesitantly, he adds, "Now that I'm a Druid, do you think maybe you could talk to people about my switching to being a, a scout, or a guard? I ... I know you need drivers, but ... they get paid more, don't they?"

"I believe there are several ways for you to safely send money back. When we get to the next town, if you like, I'll help you arrange for it." She offers.

Lio nods to your last question. "They are paid more, but their jobs are much more difficult. Guarding the caravan will put your life in significant danger when we are attacked. I'm not sure you're ready for that. But," She adds, quickly, so as not to discourage you, "I think you'd do well as a scout, and scouting will be invaluable to your druidic studies. I'll speak to Sandru on your behalf, and see what we can do."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Kyrademon:
Lio will attempt to Discover an Omen about Shalelu, as she meditates.

1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 20

(+1 for 1st lvl brightness seeker, + 2 straight charisma, + 3 birth day & birth month, + 3 birth name, + 3 area of birth)

1 hour of uninterrupted meditation; the Brightness Seeker rolls 1d20 and adds her class level and Charisma modifier to determine the omen check result. She may add a +3 to her roll if she knows the target’s birthday and birth month, the target’s true name or birth name, or his city of birth (or similarly specific geographic area); these bonuses stack if she knows more than one of these things. If the check result is 20 or higher, she learns an omen regarding that creature’s next 24 hours. She may perform multiple forecasts for the same creature if the initial check fails to reveal an omen, but once she achieves a result, she cannot forecast for that creature again until a day has passed.

Gozran 27

Lio, still holding Shae's hand, steps a little distance away from the group, still in sight, but out of immediate hearing range, so she can have some quiet as she meditates. She says something to Shae, softly. Waits for an answer, and then sits on the cushiony grass and begins her meditation.

Shalelu, or Perception DC 25 and Elven:
"Would you stay within 30 feet of me for the next hour? I know it's probably going to bore you to tears, but it would mean a great deal to me."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Kalimac Proudfoot wrote:
Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:

"Jah," says Rhost. "Vali loll."

...and then, realizing that more explanation might be necessary, "Sa ei saa maha lõksu ilma kõndides ta." And Rhost grins.

"Ma arvan, Myri võib olla rohkem ideid, mida teha lõkse," says Kalimac. "Aga olen nõus, võttes seda meest üles lossi pakkumise. Mida me saame üle korvab riski."

Almost as an afterthought he adds, "Ja vannid."

Lio smiles at the afterthought.

1 to 50 of 1,658 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dream of the Red Chamber: Kyrademon's Jade Regent PBP, Part IV All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.