Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Chaosorbit's PFC #1-33: Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible (Inactive)

Game Master Chaosorbit

Kingdom


1 to 50 of 221 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

gameplay thread

Silver Crusade

You find yourself in the of city of Padiskar near the northern tip of the Isle of Jalmeray, at a Pathfinder safehouse. New Venture-Captain Vasuman Mihir is expected any minute.

Feel free to make your introductions.

Silver Crusade

33/36 HP, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +6, Init +6, Perception +2, LG Female Human Paladin 4, Longbow +9 (1d8+3, x3) Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2)

A young girl skips into the room with a huge smile on her face. She wears a shiny, new mithril shirt that was definitely not made for her small frame and some woolen breeches. Her hair is disheveled as if she just rolled out of bed, with even a twig or two caught in the knots. Despite the fact that she probably hasn't bathed in several days, she has a caring face with warm inviting eyes.

She excitedly greets her fellow Pathfinders, "Hi I'm Amelie! I wonder what this mission will be about! Last time I had to go trouncing through the smelly sewers, I hope It's more fun than that!" She takes a seat, and begins to swing her legs back and forth, just too short to touch the floor.

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

An aged dwarf, unremarkable other then a birthmark over his face, strides in. Simple robes over battered armor and a warhammer simply slung at his side, his first nod is to Amelie and then he looks for a seat.

"Greetings and well met. I am Beorin, a priest of Torag. My hammer is at your service."

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

A young elfen woman politely knocks on the door and enters. Her golden hair is long and over linnen and leather durable clothes she wears a dark emerald cloak with many tiny runes. A haversack is on her left hip and a trush with intelligent eyes on her shoulder. She is only armed with a simple looking dagger. But her eyes are keen and speak of intelligence.
"Well met. My name is Electra! I am a scholar and scribe."

Scarab Sages

Female CN human barbarian 4 | AC 8, T 8, FF 8 | 64/65 (59/60) hp | Fort +11, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +0; +1 vs. death | Init -2 | Percep -2 | CMD 16 | Rage 6/16, Renewed Vigor 0/1, Strength Surge 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 0/1, Secrets of the Sphinx 0/1 | Conditions: bull's strength
Raging:
AC 6, T 6, FF 6 | 72/73 (67/68) hp | Fort +13, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +2; +1 vs. death | CMD 18

Magga immediately lifts Electra into a bear hug, "It's always nice to see a familiar face! Did you bring Khellek with you? That wily old man has been evading me ever since our last adventure." The obvious barbarian sports a weathered tan and overly large muscles, barely covered by a minimum of animal hides.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Smiling Electra hugs Magga a bit awkward, but with genuine warmth.
"Well, I was at one of his lectures. Well worth it. About the diffrence between the ... no matter. Are you ready for another adventure?"

Silver Crusade

The city of Padiskar near the northern tip of the Isle of Jalmeray is not so much a city as a ring of small villages surrounding a massive, howling ruin, from which terrifying screams of whatever the Vudrani Maharaja Khiben-Sald left there in ancient times can still be heard. The new Venture- Captain Vasuman Mihir maintains a small safe house for the Pathfinder Society here, taking over from Padiskar’s longtime Venture-Captain Aamina Shahrazad, who was recently murdered by men loyal to Zamir, a bandit lord and rumored Aspis Consortium agent who operates out of the nearby jungles.

Venture-Captain Mihir’s enters and nods to you he speaks quickly and his tone is serious.

This is a fake scepter of the arclords, he says, hefting a bejeweled staff in his hands bearing glowing runes across its surface. “You will lead a caravan toward Niswan carrying this false relic and several crates of minor magical items. My porter, a young boy named Waman, will give you a detailed travel itinerary, which you must follow with care. Except that it is almost certain that you will be ambushed before you reach your destination, since young Waman is a spy for the Aspis Consortium and has sold out and murdered a dozen or more of our brethren and associates, including our former venture captain—I’m sure of it. The scepter is bait in a trap, and you are the teeth. Do not let on to Waman that you know of his transgressions—we need him to lead us to his master, the bandit lord Zamir. We’ll either make Zamir our man or disrupt his business permanently. I’ll deal with Waman myself once this affair is resolved.

Venture-Captain Mihir holds up a second item, a plain-looking but easily recognizable wayfinder. This wayfinder is also a fake, although unlike the scepter, it does have real power. The dial always points to the scepter.” Mihir demonstrates, moving the wayfinder in a circle around the scepter, the needle pointing unerringly at it.

Waman gave Zamir information that enabled the bandit fool to steal artifacts from dozens of our caravans and even from safe houses such as this one. Zamir has a method of disassembling the artifacts so that he can smuggle them off the island with ease, bound for ports of call in Cheliax. What we do not know is where Zamir is, since he never attacks with his men.

I gave Waman the information about your journey, so at some point along the route, Zamir’s bandits will ambush you. Previous experience indicates that his bandits will not kill if they don’t have to. Let them steal the scepter. You must put up a small struggle, maybe even kill or injure several of his men, but most importantly you must let them escape and they must escape with the scepter.

Give them a few hours after the ambush to escape and then use the wayfinder to track Zamir to his hideout. Zamir is an arrogant man whose loyalties lie with whoever can make him famous to the people of Jalmeray. Right now he believes the Aspis Consortium is the answer. You will either convince him that the Society is the answer—as he could be a very powerful ally in the region—or you’ll end his operations for good. How you handle it, I leave to you. You have two days to prepare. Good luck on your journey and may the gods guide your hand.

While Venture-Captain Mihir finishes explaining the mission, he sits back a little as if expecting a few questions.

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

"So we are to be the jaws of a trap for this Zamir. How many men does this bandit lord have?" Beorin begins.

"And what of Waman? Do you wish us to deal with him? Allow him escape or do you have other plans for him?" The dwarf asks patiently as he tries to think of other questions they might need to know.

Scarab Sages

Female CN human barbarian 4 | AC 8, T 8, FF 8 | 64/65 (59/60) hp | Fort +11, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +0; +1 vs. death | Init -2 | Percep -2 | CMD 16 | Rage 6/16, Renewed Vigor 0/1, Strength Surge 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 0/1, Secrets of the Sphinx 0/1 | Conditions: bull's strength
Raging:
AC 6, T 6, FF 6 | 72/73 (67/68) hp | Fort +13, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +2; +1 vs. death | CMD 18

"Now this is more my style than that last mission. No fancy clothes or people! At least one fight."

Silver Crusade

The Venture Captain smiles and nods at Magga, as he answers Beorin.

We don’t know exactly. The villagers are sure that he’s absorbed several smaller jungle-bandit groups and we’ve heard rumors that the long-deposed and villainous monks of the Tiger’s Eye are working for him. As for Waman, he won't be joining you. I'll keep my eye on him and once I know you are successful, well, yes, I have other plans for him.

You can see he takes no joy in his words and instead takes it all very serious.

Any other questions Pathfinders?

Silver Crusade

No more questions, great, meet Waman here in two days and he'll give you the details of your trip. Remember do not let on to Waman what we talked about here.

-------

You have 2 days so if you need any supplies go ahead and buy them. Also you may attempt a Diplomacy (Gather Information) or Knowledge (local) check to learn about Zamir.

DC 15:

Zamir is rumored to be a weretiger or perhaps a rakshasa.

DC 20:

Zamir is wanted by the Thakur (the leader of Jalmeray) for his activities as an unlawful revolutionary.

--------
Two days have past and you find Waman, a tall and thin, native of Jalmeray, who slumps over slightly as he walks and stands, in the safe house. He gets the map and provides you with instructions on how to guide the caravan to Niswan. He concludes his briefing with There it is should be fairly easy I think.

DC 15 Survival:

The path Waman wants you to travel is the long way to Niswan.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

KnowLocal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
knowNature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 How to fight weretigers
KnowPlanes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 How to fight rakhasas

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

Diplomacy (Gather Infromation) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Beorin Decides a well amde Hammer of Sliver is what is needed here, and sets off during the two days to buy that and a few other supplies.

During the briefing he catches on to what Waman is doing but holds his piece wondering if the others caught on yet.

Silver Crusade

33/36 HP, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +6, Init +6, Perception +2, LG Female Human Paladin 4, Longbow +9 (1d8+3, x3) Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2)

Sorry for the delay, ended up on a snowboarding trip all weekend.

"Oh wow, I've never been part of an undercover mission like this before. And we even get to be the trap, this sounds fun! Though I'm not very good at lying. I lied once to my pops and my butt was red for a week" She rubs her behind, as she gets lost in her memories.

Will purchase 20 silver arrows and 20 CI arrows. 43gp total. Thought I already had them but I guess not.

Scarab Sages

Female CN human barbarian 4 | AC 8, T 8, FF 8 | 64/65 (59/60) hp | Fort +11, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +0; +1 vs. death | Init -2 | Percep -2 | CMD 16 | Rage 6/16, Renewed Vigor 0/1, Strength Surge 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 0/1, Secrets of the Sphinx 0/1 | Conditions: bull's strength
Raging:
AC 6, T 6, FF 6 | 72/73 (67/68) hp | Fort +13, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +2; +1 vs. death | CMD 18

"Why is everyone buying silver weapons?"

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

"It is said that were creatures are weak to sliver weapons." Beorin explains as well as he can to Magga.

"I once had an encounter with some bats that proved resistant to all but weapons made of sliver."

Silver Crusade

What Electra knows about Weretigers:

These humanoid tiger have striped fur and a muscular, lanky frame. Its feline face has sharp fangs and stilted eyes. They can take 3 forms, human, hybrid, or tiger. When in hybrid form you do need silver weapons to damage them effectively, and they can transmit the curse of lycanthropy.

What Electra knows about Rakshasa:

Rakshasas are outsiders but born on the Material Plane. There are many different types, they have animal heads and and backward-facing hands.

I'm assuming Amelie's statement about undercover is not made in front of Waman. :-)

After receiving the details from Waman. You set off on the course. At the end of the second long day of travel through rough hills, a campsite comes into view. Smoke curls upward from a small fire, there a man is tending a roast on a spit. Three more men are setting out bedrolls and four mules are picketed beside a pile of sacks and bundles nearby. They are camped exactly on the ambush site described in Waman’s itinerary.

Silver Crusade

33/36 HP, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +6, Init +6, Perception +2, LG Female Human Paladin 4, Longbow +9 (1d8+3, x3) Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2)

Yes, that's correct. She would have been saying that at the briefing. She's very naive, but not THAT slow :).

Totally oblivious to the fact that this could be the ambush itself, Amelie gives a friendly greeting to the campers, "Hi there! My name's Amelie, and we're from the Pathfinder Society. We have a very important job to protect this caravan from bandits. You should really be careful yourselves actually, these bandits could be nearby and aren't very friendly. Certainly not as friendly as us!"

Silver Crusade

Greetings Amelie. I am Samarjit, we too are protecting our caravan. He motions to sacks and bundles.

Pathfinder Society you say, good, I've never had trouble with the Pathfinder Society. We are traveling to Padiskar with cloth and carpets to sell. We know well the dangers of this road, but much like you good profits are worth some risks.

He studies your group a bit more before adding. There is safety in numbers you are welcome to join us here at our camp.

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

"That is a fine offer. We accept after all there is safety in numbers."

Silver Crusade

33/36 HP, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +6, Init +6, Perception +2, LG Female Human Paladin 4, Longbow +9 (1d8+3, x3) Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2)

"Yup, Beorin's right! Safety in numbers and making new friends. Wow, this is turning into a great trip!" She moves towards the fire to enjoy it's warmth and the smell of the roast on the spit.

Silver Crusade

The men offer you a place by the fire and a bit of there dinner. They keep a watchful eye on you, but grow more comfortable as the evening passes.

I need to know where you are on the map and where the fake scepter of the arclords is positioned.

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

Done. Beorin moves closer to the fire though he'll stick closer to the trees to guard his unprotected back.

Scarab Sages

Female CN human barbarian 4 | AC 8, T 8, FF 8 | 64/65 (59/60) hp | Fort +11, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +0; +1 vs. death | Init -2 | Percep -2 | CMD 16 | Rage 6/16, Renewed Vigor 0/1, Strength Surge 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 0/1, Secrets of the Sphinx 0/1 | Conditions: bull's strength
Raging:
AC 6, T 6, FF 6 | 72/73 (67/68) hp | Fort +13, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +2; +1 vs. death | CMD 18

"No new friendship can begin without strong drink, but I don't normally travel with any. Do you have any to share?"

In position.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Where is the wagon train? The sczepter should be with maggas saddlebags?

Silver Crusade

Okay the squares are more square now on the map.

I've place mules and a cart on the map. Feel free to adjust there location, and indicate the location of the scepter.

Will post later today with the next update.

Silver Crusade

Okay website is now fixed, back to Pathfinder...
I do need you to indicate where the scepter is as you rest at camp...thanks!

Silver Crusade

33/36 HP, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +6, Init +6, Perception +2, LG Female Human Paladin 4, Longbow +9 (1d8+3, x3) Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2)

I would say that it's in among the other goods on the cart.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Aye

Scarab Sages

Female CN human barbarian 4 | AC 8, T 8, FF 8 | 64/65 (59/60) hp | Fort +11, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +0; +1 vs. death | Init -2 | Percep -2 | CMD 16 | Rage 6/16, Renewed Vigor 0/1, Strength Surge 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 0/1, Secrets of the Sphinx 0/1 | Conditions: bull's strength
Raging:
AC 6, T 6, FF 6 | 72/73 (67/68) hp | Fort +13, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +2; +1 vs. death | CMD 18

Works for me.

Silver Crusade

Rolls:

Stealth Red: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Stealth Green: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Stealth Blue: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Stealth Yellow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Stealth Purple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Stealth Gold: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Stealth Orange: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Stealth Pink: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Perception Amelie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Perception Beorin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Perception Electra: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Perception Magga: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

Perception Crimson: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Perception Lime: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Perception Teal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Perception Grey: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Initiative
Amelie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Beorin: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Electra: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Magga: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Merchants: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Bandits North: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Bandits South: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Several hours later, just past midnight...Amelie has fallen asleep by the fire; everyone else remains alert. The merchants seem to hear it first, then Electra and Boerin, and finally Magga (but only to the north)...Bandits!

Coming from the north and through the bushes to the southeast. Amelie is quickly woken. The 4 Bandits to the north move down to the merchants horses. The most forward of which has a battle axe at the ready, while the one behind him has a short bow.

Surprise Round
map

Bandits North
Electra
Amelie
Bandits South
Beorin
Magga
Merchants

Electra may take a single move or standard action in the surprise round. Amelie is surprised.

The heavy bushes are difficult terrain. There is full moonlight, so dim light conditions. And the lightning bolt is the scepter.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

With a quick incantation Electra casts a shimmering force armor around her.Mage Armor

Silver Crusade

Electra armors up, as Bandits emerge from the bushes, one goes straight for the cart while the other have battle axes at the ready.

Surprise Round

Bandits North
Electra
Amelie
Bandits South
Beorin
Magga

Merchants

Beorin and Magga may act in the surprise round.

Scarab Sages

Female CN human barbarian 4 | AC 8, T 8, FF 8 | 64/65 (59/60) hp | Fort +11, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +0; +1 vs. death | Init -2 | Percep -2 | CMD 16 | Rage 6/16, Renewed Vigor 0/1, Strength Surge 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 0/1, Secrets of the Sphinx 0/1 | Conditions: bull's strength
Raging:
AC 6, T 6, FF 6 | 72/73 (67/68) hp | Fort +13, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +2; +1 vs. death | CMD 18

Magga draws a black-bladed halberd and steps toward the center of the clearing, "Who should we fight first?"

Actions:
Move Draw a weapon
Free 5-ft. step

I still have a smokestick in hand, and the halberd is a two-handed weapon, so I'm not actually armed right now.

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

Beorin stands up and calls out.
"To arms. We are attacked!"

Silver Crusade

My presumption was you were standing already when the surprise round began. Beorin feel free to alter you surprise round action.

The merchants move toward there horses drawing either short sword or bow. One draws his sword and step toward the nearest bandit.

Fightin':

Blue Bandit battleaxe v. Crimson: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Green Bandit bow v. Crimson: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Two of the bandits to the north begin to frantically search the merchant's horses. While two of the bandits concentrate attacks on the lead merchant, one swinging and missing with his axe; the other landing a solid arrow into the merchants side.

Round 1
map

Bandits North
Electra
Amelie

Bandits South
Beorin
Magga
Merchants
Merchant, Crimson 9 dmg

Electra and Amelie are up, Amelie you are already standing.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Seeing the mercahnt badly wounded Electra grabs a wand from her garter holder and shoots a ray of black energy a the bandit with the purple socks Ray of enfeeblement DC11 Fort/half: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

Nah, Beorin does have a few vices and one of them is having a good sleep. Besides, the bandits need their chances. No change to actions. :P

Silver Crusade

33/36 HP, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +6, Init +6, Perception +2, LG Female Human Paladin 4, Longbow +9 (1d8+3, x3) Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2)

Amelie takes a moment to awake from her sleep, and looks around the camp at the commotion. Her immediate instinct is to aid their new merchant friends. She quickly nocks and fires a pair of arrows at the bandit wielding the axe.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 221d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 271d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Silver Crusade

@Amelie the way I read it your target is blue? But I guess it could be purple. Let me know for sure.

Electra's ray misses the target. But Amelie puts 2 arrows in the man.

The nearer bandits move forward to attack, two on Amelie and one on the grey cloaked merchant; while the forth one begins searching your cart.

Battleaxe on Grey: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Battleaxe on Amelie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Battleaxe on Amelie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

One of the strikes hit Amelie, but the other two miss.

Round 1
map

Bandits North
Electra
Amelie 9 dmg
Bandits South
Bandit, purple 14 dmg
Beorin
Magga

Merchants
Merchant, Crimson 9 dmg

Beorin and Magga are up.

Silver Crusade

33/36 HP, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +6, Init +6, Perception +2, LG Female Human Paladin 4, Longbow +9 (1d8+3, x3) Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2)

Whichever one was in melee range of the merchent. I don't see a blue, but I do see 2 shades of purple so I'm not sure which one exactly. The one to the far right.

Silver Crusade

@Amelie -- Got it

Scarab Sages

Female CN human barbarian 4 | AC 8, T 8, FF 8 | 64/65 (59/60) hp | Fort +11, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +0; +1 vs. death | Init -2 | Percep -2 | CMD 16 | Rage 6/16, Renewed Vigor 0/1, Strength Surge 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 0/1, Secrets of the Sphinx 0/1 | Conditions: bull's strength
Raging:
AC 6, T 6, FF 6 | 72/73 (67/68) hp | Fort +13, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +2; +1 vs. death | CMD 18

Magga drops her smokestick on the ground, steps up to the bandit in light brown furs and cuts a wide gash down one of his thighs. As he stumbles, she yells at the merchant next to her, "Backup into the smoke!"

Actions:
Move Activate smokestick
Free 5-ft. step
Free Rage
Standard Attack tan

Rolls:
Halberd: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Adamantine/Piercing/Slashing: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

The Exchange

PFS #76925-36 Male Dwarf Cleric 4 | HP: 30 /30| AC: 17/10/17|Init: +0| Perc: +5| Fort: +7 | Ref: +2| Will: +7| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| AS Warhammer: +5;1d8+2| Sling: +2;1d4+2 |
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+1| Climb:-4| Diplo:+7| Heal:+7| Intimidate: +1| Kn.(Noblity, His & Reli): +4| Linguistics:+4| Sense Motive: +10| Stealth: -6| Survival: +4| Swim: -4|

Beorin is slow to act as he scrambles to his feet and draws his weapon.

Deciding not to engage the bandits as he's better served as a healer first then anything else, he waits and adopts a defensive stance.
Total defence

Silver Crusade

Rolls:

Grey merch v. Purple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Crimson merch v. Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Teal merch v. Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Lime merch v. Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Green Bandit v. Teal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Blue Bandit v. Crimson: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Red Bandit v. Lime: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Beorin readies himself to heal the party; as Magga drops her cover and begins her assault on the bandits, driving her halberd into the man.

The merchant in grey attacks with his short sword, hitting with a glancing blow before retreating into the smoke. While the rest of the merchants begin attacking the bandits to the north, two manage to hit.

The bandits fight back, but only one lands a hit. As one of the bandits continues to pull things from the merchant's goods.

Round 2
map

Bandits North
Bandit, Blue 7 dmg
Bandit, Red 1 dmg
Electra
Amelie
9 dmg
Bandits South
Bandit, purple 15 dmg
Bandit, orange 12 dmg
Beorin
Magga
Merchants
Merchant, Crimson 9 dmg
Merchant, Lime 7 dmg

Electra and Amelie are up.

Scarab Sages

female Elf
Stats:
HP 25/25 Ac 12 FF 10 T 12 F 3 R 4 W4 / Ini +8 Perc +11
Wizard Conjurer (4)

Targeting the bandit again Elektra shoots another black ray at him.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 and again the bolt flies wide

Silver Crusade

33/36 HP, AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 14, CMD: 20, F: +9, R: +9, W: +6, Init +6, Perception +2, LG Female Human Paladin 4, Longbow +9 (1d8+3, x3) Greatsword +6 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2)

"Hey that hurt, that wasn't nice!" She touches her hand to the wound and it begins to heal, before firing another pair of arrows, this time at her attacker.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 141d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 251d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10
Attacking purple

Silver Crusade

As Electra ray misses the target, Amelie fires through the smoke.

concealment 1st shot - high hits: 1d100 ⇒ 27
concealment 2nd shot - high hits: 1d100 ⇒ 28

However her arrows don't find the mark on the other end.

Attacks:

Pink concealment - high hits: 1d100 ⇒ 25
Orange concealment - high hits: 1d100 ⇒ 4
Purple concealment - high hits: 1d100 ⇒ 85

Pink battleaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Purple battleaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

While one bandit stuffs magic items from the cart into a sack, two of the bandits pink, orange step into a flank of Magga, on flailing in the wind, the other finding the mark. Maga barely seems to notice. While the other bandit purple attacks the merchant, the axe blade cuts deep through the smoke.

Ahhh! The merchant cries out in pain.

Round 2
map

Bandits North
Bandit, Blue 7 dmg
Bandit, Red 1 dmg
Electra
Amelie 7 dmg
Bandits South
Bandit, purple 15 dmg
Bandit, orange 12 dmg
Beorin
Magga
11 dmg
Merchant, Teal
Merchant, Crimson 9 dmg
Merchant, Lime 7 dmg
Merchant, Grey 10 dmg

Magga and Beorin are up

Scarab Sages

Female CN human barbarian 4 | AC 8, T 8, FF 8 | 64/65 (59/60) hp | Fort +11, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +0; +1 vs. death | Init -2 | Percep -2 | CMD 16 | Rage 6/16, Renewed Vigor 0/1, Strength Surge 1/1 | Reroll @ +4 0/1, Secrets of the Sphinx 0/1 | Conditions: bull's strength
Raging:
AC 6, T 6, FF 6 | 72/73 (67/68) hp | Fort +13, Ref +0 (+1 vs. traps), Will +2; +1 vs. death | CMD 18

"You lousy weaklings don't deserve to dirty my blade with your blood," Magga shouts with a full mouth of teeth in that could be a grin or a grimace, "But I'm going to cut you open from balls to nose anyhow, just to hear you squeal!"

Magga thrusts the point of her halberd right at the orange-clad bandit's groin, bracing the polearm with her full bodyweight.

Actions:
Free Rage
Standard Attack orange

Rolls:
Halberd: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 Adamantine/Piercing: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

1 to 50 of 221 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chaosorbit's PFC #1-33: Assault on the Kingdom of the Impossible Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.