|Aelryinth RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16|
Spring attack as a standard action, whirlwind attack plus bonus attacks (such as from haste) both seem nice,
Combat expertise has a decent one, spending stamina increases your to hit and reduces the penelty from combat expertise.
Improved crit, to do double damage if you are within 3 of a crit.
Most are bad, or help a little with the penalty the feat shouldnt of even had to start with (step up). I think it was because good feats did not need to become better and bad feats are still bad.
Human Fighter || 18 14 14 10 10 10 ||Intimidate, Perception; Climb, Swim, Survival|| Seeker, Indomitable Faith(+1 Will)
1 |Toughness, Intimidating Prowess, Combat Reflexes
2 |Bravery +1, Power Attack
3 |Armor training, Cleave
4 |Great Cleave
5 |Weapon training(Blades, Heavy), Advanced Weapon Training: Versatile Training(Intimidate, Diplomacy)
6 |Bravery +2, Lunge
7 |Armor training, Iron Will
9 |Versatile Training(Bluff, Ride), Cut from the Air
10|Bravery +3, Advanced Weapon Training: Armed Bravery
11|Armor training, Smash from the Air
13|Defensive Weapon Training, Antagonize
14|Bravery +4, Dazing Assault
15|Armor training, Advanced Weapon Training: Weapon Sacrifice
17|Fighter’s Reflexes, Greater Weapon Focus
18|Bravery +5, Weapon Specialization
19|Armor mastery, Greater Weapon Specialization
20|weapon mastery(GS), Advanced Weapon Training: Weapon Specialist
No the fighter isn't fixed, but I would say things are being improved. I would commend paizo for that. That ofcourse does not mean the endless fighter threads or martial v caster threads should stop (or should continue). These aren't ethical questions. People express their opinion and Paizo decides whether or not they read/listen to it.
Got interested based on this thread, and put together a Fighter (unarchetyped) build I think is pretty interesting.
- 10' reach. Can spend an AoO to stop someone trying to 5' step close to him. Does not have trouble dealing with foes with reach. Can switch from ranged to melee at will (swift action to switch from ranged --> melee, free action from melee --> ranged).
- ~Equivalent saving throws to a normal Paladin (level 13, 20 Cha, following Bodhi's old guide).
- Can often act in the surprise round (Perception +24), and can draw his weapon as a free action as part of rolling initiative, which allows him to use AoOs if people try to move through his (decent sized) threatened area.
- Can attack pretty effectively anywhere within a ~150 ft radius effectively.
- Combat stamina (15 points) gives the ability to add up to ~+5 to any attack after making your roll, which will add a fair amount of DPR.
- Can spend an AoO to deflect ranged attack, ranged spell attacks, and massive ranged attacks (boulders, ballista bolts etc) against himself or any adjacent ally.
- This character would be relatively beefy, and generally pretty hard to ignore because of robust damage output and a large threatened area. Saving throws are high enough to likely make most saves.
- Between Perception (+24), Survival (+18), Bluff (+14), Intimidate (+14), and Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (+16), there is some out of combat usefulness.
Alternate Racial Trait: Dual Minded
Melee: +28 1d6+16 (+24 1d6+28 with PA)
Ranged +25 1d6+12 (+21 1d6+20 with DA)
*May add up to +5 to any attack after the attack roll but before the results are revealed (Combat Stamina) for a total of +15 per combat.
Gear Value 137k
* + 1 trait bonus against arcane spells
* + 2 untyped vs Enchantments (Elf)
+34 CMD (+38 Disarm or Sunder)
Str 18/22 (+6)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 16 (+3)
Int 12 (+1)
Wis 10 (0)
Cha 7 (-2)
Stat progression: 4 (con), 8 (str), 12 (str)
Martial Versatility (Weapon Focus [Elven Branched Spear])
Knowledge Dungeoneering +16
[Spears] +5 (Ex)
Versatile Training (Weapon Training [Spears] - Bluff / Intimidate)
Defensive Weapon Training
Armor Training 4
Fighter Bonus Feats
Weapon Focus [Elven Branched Spear]
Advanced Weapon Training (5)
Advanced Weapon Training (10)
Cut from the Air
Smash from the Air
+4 Adamantine Elven Branched Spear
+2 Cold Iron Javelin
+3 Full Plate
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Belt of Physical Might +2 (Dex/Str)
Cloak of Resistance +3
Deadeye Spotter's Ring
Eyes of the Eagle
Gloves of Dueling
Ioun stone (clear spindle)
Ring of Protection +2
Sash of the War Champion
Jingasa of the Fortunate Soldier