Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

124,951 to 125,000 of 238,513 << first < prev | 2495 | 2496 | 2497 | 2498 | 2499 | 2500 | 2501 | 2502 | 2503 | 2504 | 2505 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
I could not grow a beard or goatee if my life depended on it. I just don't have enough follicles on the face.
You and me both :(

same.

Hence why I look forward to hrt

Just be aware - genetics plays a huge part. Even though one may have a healthy testosterone level, if the follicles aren't there, no beard for you.

Unless I were to go in for a beard transplant... Yes, that's a thing. But... No. Just no.

my dad has a permanent four o clock shadow and my uncle on my mom's side is capable of growing a thick beard. I have faith in my follicles.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Clearly.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

of course I will look even better with a beard when naked.

Silver Crusade

captain yesterday wrote:
See I've never gotten food stuck in my beard, I thought that only happened on sitcoms and homeless crazy people.

...or gamers at the store, or at a con


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Does anyone else play Minecrack?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My facial hair just makes me look like someone who should be arrested and locked away.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Strange, I thought you looked worthy of incarceration without facial hair.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Strange, I thought you looked worthy of incarceration without facial hair.

I use magic to remove my Draconic Facial Hair.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Strange, I thought you looked worthy of incarceration without facial hair.

OH!!! INCARCERATION!!! Yep. I agree.


Sharoth wrote:
Does anyone else play Minecrack?

I do occasionally.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

All I play now is Pathfinder. And some iPhone games.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Sharoth wrote:
Does anyone else play Minecrack?

nooo

But I work at a toy store so I've seen enough Mine craft products to last several life times.


I used to.

Not so coincidentally, I lost all faith in humanity at the same time.


The Doomkitten wrote:

I used to.

Not so coincidentally, I lost all faith in humanity at the same time.

It's the music. I swear the soundtrack to that game is designed to sap away all happy feelings. >.>

And then kidlet wonders why I'm always asking him to turn down the background music...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
The Doomkitten wrote:

I used to.

Not so coincidentally, I lost all faith in humanity at the same time.

It's the music. I swear the soundtrack to that game is designed to sap away all happy feelings. >.>

And then kidlet wonders why I'm always asking him to turn down the background music...

PUNCHING TREES GIVES ME WOOD


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And of course kidlet plays Minecraft. Because apparently asking if a tween plays minecraft is like asking if a bear poops in the woods.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
And of course kidlet plays Minecraft. Because apparently asking if a tween plays minecraft is like asking if a bear poops in the woods.

I think the only time my nephew did not play minecraft was when he was visiting my wife and I. We kept him too busy with new york stuff.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Trust me, he was deconstructing the skyscrapers into small blocks in his mind figuring out how to convert them to Minecraft form.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

every morning I look in the mirror and ask myself "have they figured out quantum gravity yet"

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
LordSynos wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
LordSynos wrote:
Afternoon FaWtLy-folk. I hope everyone is having a good one. We went from non-stop rain for two days to bright, warm, and sunny today. I had no real complaints about either, though sunglasses are easier to pocket, and hence harder to forget, than the brolley.

We're going in the opposite direction, it's been sunny and warm for a couple weeks now, but starting tomorrow night we're expecting 3 days of rain and thunderstorms.

Do they have thunderstorms in Ireland?

I only ask because they're almost non-existent on the West Coast, five years in Seattle, saw lightning three times.

Not really, maybe once in a blue moon. At which point, everyone wigs the frik out, cause they happen so infrequently. Like, turn off all the electronics, it's the end of the world, panic. It's kinda hilarious. I love them, personally. They're exciting, and remind me of Boston. :)
I thought it rained all the time in Ireland. Or am I thinking of scotland, which is apparently where one of my hornier ancestors is from?

Oh, it does. Despite everyone complaining about how lousy the weather has been this year, we've actually had a very dry summer. CY asked about thunderstorms though, which probably don't happen as much because it rains itself out all the time. Or something, I'm not a meteorologist. :P

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sad news Freehold - Pacific Rim 2 has been delayed indefinitely. :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Leif "Rock of Ages" Erickson wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
why is "polarizing viking-themed internet personality" such a catchy self-descriptor

It's simple really, Vikings Rule, Romans Drool, and were a%@~@#~s.

Besides two things in life are eternal, Vikings and rocking the f$~+ out!

Steve: "I don't like it."

Tony: "What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?"
Steve: "I don't remember it being that easy."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
i wonder what style of beard would look best on me

I vote for no beard.

I need my goatee. My black manliness will decrease by 30% without it.

I grew a goatee once. It made me look like a 40-year-old IT specialist. And when I grow out the rest of my beard, it just ends up looking like fungus.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ride a bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and return by ferry? Really, tourism company? Really? It's 1.7 miles. That's not far. Even in a crowd slowing the bike to a crawl, it really isn't far. Needing a ferry to get back is just not necessary. Even 3.4 miles isn't really that long of a bike ride. I don't need no damn ferry. I like riding boats and all, but seriously. Just ride the bikes back.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
every morning I look in the mirror and ask myself "have they figured out quantum gravity yet"

Do you say "Oh, boy!" Right after that when you leap into the body of a fifties greaser about to get decked in the chin by another fifties greaser.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
And of course kidlet plays Minecraft. Because apparently asking if a tween plays minecraft is like asking if a bear poops in the woods.

Stuff like this still weirds me out a little for some reason. When I was 11 or 12, we didn't even have internet. And I'm not even that old. I didn't even start playing video games until I was well into my teens.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
Ride a bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and return by ferry? Really, tourism company? Really? It's 1.7 miles. That's not far. Even in a crowd slowing the bike to a crawl, it really isn't far. Needing a ferry to get back is just not necessary. Even 3.4 miles isn't really that long of a bike ride. I don't need no damn ferry. I like riding boats and all, but seriously. Just ride the bikes back.

You misread that. It's fairy ride. And let's be blunt, if I got to strap a saddle on Tinkerbell's back and watch her try to carry my sorry butt back home, I'd pay any price... even for just 1.7 miles of hilarity...

...though with me on Tinkerbell it would be closer to 1.7 feet. Or maybe inches...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
Ride a bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and return by ferry? Really, tourism company? Really? It's 1.7 miles. That's not far. Even in a crowd slowing the bike to a crawl, it really isn't far. Needing a ferry to get back is just not necessary. Even 3.4 miles isn't really that long of a bike ride. I don't need no damn ferry. I like riding boats and all, but seriously. Just ride the bikes back.

When we didn't have a car for awhile I had to walk 4.5 miles uphill thru the snow to get to work.

no really I did, talk about walking in your grandparents shoes:-D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Work rant:
Starting to think the big boss at work has it in for me. Since I was hired, I've been getting bounced around from job site to job site seemingly at random. As soon as I get used to the way foreman X and contractor Y do things, I have to unlearn all of it and relearn something else. I can't plan anything ahead of time, because I don't know where I'll be working day to day and/or how long it will take to get there. It doesn't help that I was trained as a commercial & industrial electrician,* but for the past few weeks I've been working residential jobs,** so I seem even greener than I am. I'm about ready to put my head through the wall.

Spoiler:
*Commercial electric = building businesses; involves metal studs, armored cable, big machines, generators, differing voltages, lots of math, etc.

**Residential electric = building houses and apartments; involves drilling lots and lots of holes, then pulling rubber-coated cable through them. That's it. Mind-numbing and backbreaking.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
Sad news Freehold - Pacific Rim 2 has been delayed indefinitely. :(

sinks to knees, sobs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


2 people marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
Sad news Freehold - Pacific Rim 2 has been delayed indefinitely. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The last day before payday is always the longest when you're poor, also I'm bored to death with the park by Pea Bear's school.
:-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
LordSynos wrote:
Sad news Freehold - Pacific Rim 2 has been delayed indefinitely. :(

sinks to knees, sobs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm gonna show you something beautiful... fans, screaming for a sequel!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Perhaps watching an episode of Iron Chef America will help you feel better Freehold :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

when I was younger I had this dumb idea that a proper house had two levels and one family lived in both of them, with the bedrooms on the upper level and accessed by stairs. This is because most of my childhood i lived in two-family houses while being surrounded by children's media depicting kids my age living in single-family two-story houses with bedrooms traditionally on the second floor.

After a stint living in such a house I don't care about that anymore. The measure of a home is in its people, and not its architecture or the number of comforts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

C'mon Freehold, join me on camp cuttroat NYC


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Perhaps watching an episode of Iron Chef America will help you feel better Freehold :-)

takes cys check, cashes it, spends it on pixie sticks and other unhealthy candies, feeds his kids said candy until they are at pre-pre diabetic levels, unleashes them on cy and wife at 9:00 pm


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

We lived in two story houses my entire life, but we also have a ten person family so.

Also I've lived my entire life except one glorious month without a room to call all my own.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Perhaps watching an episode of Iron Chef America will help you feel better Freehold :-)
takes cys check, cashes it, spends it on pixie sticks and other unhealthy candies, feeds his kids said candy until they are at pre-pre diabetic levels, unleashes them on cy and wife at 9:00 pm

{wags finger scoldingly at Freehold} DIABEETUS!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

We lived in two story houses my entire life, but we also have a ten person family so.

Also I've lived my entire life except one glorious month without a room to call all my own.

on the flip side, as an only child with no cousins my age, and separated from the rest of my family by a language barrier, I felt like I had no community and wished I had a sibling or cousin I got along with.

that's kind of why I say I was raised by cats.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I also wish I had a family member I got along with, my brothers always treated me like an outsider and only two family members who gave me a chance were my Dad (who worked 2-3 jobs to support 8 kids and my grandma, who died when I was on a camping trip to Boundary Waters when I was thirteen, so I get it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
lynora wrote:
And of course kidlet plays Minecraft. Because apparently asking if a tween plays minecraft is like asking if a bear poops in the woods.
Stuff like this still weirds me out a little for some reason. When I was 11 or 12, we didn't even have internet. And I'm not even that old. I didn't even start playing video games until I was well into my teens.

You're like ten years younger than me. How did you end up not playing video games until you were that old?! I was playing video games from age 12 or 13. Lame old school games, but they were games. Didn't have internet until college though. Still, you shoulda grown up on that stuff! This boggles my mind.


that is quite unfortunate. :c

Another passing thought: some translators do stupid things like translating 'meodosetl' as 'castle' or 'tæfl' as chess (to use anglo-saxon as an example).

In that case, when reading a translation for a language/setting I'm not familiar with, how do I trust that the translator did not do such kinds of translations?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Family is complicated. I like my sisters but we aren't close. And then there's the rest of them....sometimes I wish we lived further away, like across an ocean, so there would be a legit excuse for even less contact....
Sometimes no matter how hard you try you just don't fit into the family you were born into.


lynora wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
lynora wrote:
And of course kidlet plays Minecraft. Because apparently asking if a tween plays minecraft is like asking if a bear poops in the woods.
Stuff like this still weirds me out a little for some reason. When I was 11 or 12, we didn't even have internet. And I'm not even that old. I didn't even start playing video games until I was well into my teens.
You're like ten years younger than me. How did you end up not playing video games until you were that old?! I was playing video games from age 12 or 13. Lame old school games, but they were games. Didn't have internet until college though. Still, you shoulda grown up on that stuff! This boggles my mind.

how old are you two?

When I got a gamecube, my first console, I could have been no younger than 8 or 9. (I'm 22 now). I always felt like I was introduced to videogames a little late because other kids my age had an N64 before they had a gamecube.

(but hey at least I got to play ocarina of time, since it was ported to gamecube. I don't think majora's mask was though, and sadly I never got to play it.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aniuś the Talewise wrote:
lynora wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
lynora wrote:
And of course kidlet plays Minecraft. Because apparently asking if a tween plays minecraft is like asking if a bear poops in the woods.
Stuff like this still weirds me out a little for some reason. When I was 11 or 12, we didn't even have internet. And I'm not even that old. I didn't even start playing video games until I was well into my teens.
You're like ten years younger than me. How did you end up not playing video games until you were that old?! I was playing video games from age 12 or 13. Lame old school games, but they were games. Didn't have internet until college though. Still, you shoulda grown up on that stuff! This boggles my mind.

how old are you two?

When I got a gamecube, my first console, I could have been no younger than 8 or 9. (I'm 22 now). I always felt like I was introduced to videogames a little late because other kids my age had an N64 before they had a gamecube.

I'm 38. When I say lame and old school I really really mean it. :P

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.

Bah My first video game system was the Atari 2600


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Bah My first video game system was the Atari 2600

*Fist Bump* Mine too!

Grand Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

But did you have cartridges or five-inch floppies?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Cartridges, all the way!

124,951 to 125,000 of 238,513 << first < prev | 2495 | 2496 | 2497 | 2498 | 2499 | 2500 | 2501 | 2502 | 2503 | 2504 | 2505 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.