Goblin Pirate

wabbitking's page

134 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists.


RSS

1 to 50 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

It's common in fiction for people to become necromancers so they can try to bring their loved ones back to life, this usually backfires on them but in pathfinder/golarion what kind of undead would they create if they succeeded in bringing someone back body and soul?

I understand this reason for necromancy would be rarer because of spells like raise dead but I'm curious.


can a witches patron take away their spellcasting or is it like a gift once given it cant be taken back?


Do zombies keep rotting after they become undead or does the necromancy keep them preserved?


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:

do any of Golarions evil deities have good afterlives (from the point of view of evil people) if so which ones?

example of good evil afterlife: hey good job killing all those paladins enjoy eternity lording over these slaves and snorting drugs made form angel wings etcetera etcetera.

Bonus Question: How much bugs could a bugbear bear if a bugbear could bear bugs?

Not gonna answer this question because it's phrasing makes it sound like you're trying to trick me into justifying evil, and I'm tired of my answers here being misrepresented or misinterpreted when it comes to questions like this.

I'm not trying to trick you, I just want to know if any one of the evil Golarion deities has a good(read decent) afterlife

basically I'm looking for a reason a cultist would worship them besides the stereotypical sold your soul for power and/or insanity.


do any of Golarions evil deities have good afterlives (from the point of view of evil people) if so which ones?

example of good evil afterlife: hey good job killing all those paladins enjoy eternity lording over these slaves and snorting drugs made form angel wings etcetera etcetera.

Bonus Question: How much bugs could a bugbear bear if a bugbear could bear bugs?


In your opinion what do you think the mechanical effects should be for a combination of the use of the spell unnatural lust followed by the use of the spell vomit swarm.


1 Does Korvosan Acadamae have tuition or does the 3 years slave labor count as the cost.
2 if the Acadamae has tuition what would be the cost.
3what is the age of most people who join the Acadamae(aka can I play a harry potter expy)


are outsiders that have weapons, Babau bearded devil etc. born/created with those weapons or do they have to find the weapons?


1 Do those who don't come back from the star stone test go on to the afterlife.
2are all(or at least majority)of the impossible kingdoms gods, deities/demigods?
3 Does the golarion setting have a multiverse if so is it just multiple material planes or multiple outer planes as well?


are there any large(around fifty to a few hundred people in size) mercenary companies on Golarion if so were are they mostly located.


Are there any half giants on golarion?


Gauss wrote:
If they have the human subtype then the answer should be yes.

Yay! thank you for the swift reply.


since a FAQ says half orcs and half elves can get humans racial favored class option can a tiefling with pass for human racial trait who "count as humanoid (human) as well as outsider (native) for all purposes" be able to take humans racial favored class bonuses?


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
Riddle me this: What weighs 6 ounces sits in a tree and is very dangerous?
An immense acorn that has a flimsy stalk that's about to break and a hollow interior that's filled with nitroglycerine.

wrong

Correct answer: A sparrow with a machine gun

New rule.

If you ask riddles on this thread, I get to answer them, and that answer is always right, so you don't need to post the "correct' (now INcorrect) answer as a response.

This should help keep this thread focused on those of you all who are Not Me post questions only.

Carry on!

yay! I got to spawn a rule!


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
Riddle me this: What weighs 6 ounces sits in a tree and is very dangerous?
An immense acorn that has a flimsy stalk that's about to break and a hollow interior that's filled with nitroglycerine.

wrong

Correct answer: A sparrow with a machine gun


Riddle me this: What weighs 6 ounces sits in a tree and is very dangerous?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Holy crap that's a lot of questions.


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:

oh I didn't remember the 3rd question but MageHunter gave me a better one

describe you if you were a pathfinder demon lord
1 name/ appearance
2 worshipers/areas of concern
3 domains besides chaos and evil
4 favored weapon and unholy symbol
5 sacred animal/color(s)
6 Demonic Obedience/boons

ps sorry for large amount of questions.

I ilke to think that I'm not a demon lord, and therefore can't really answer this question... for that reason and for the even bigger reason that I don't want to make a habit of doing design work on this thread, even to the extent of light-hearted design work like the above.

fair enough. thank you for answering my other two questions then.


oh I didn't remember the 3rd question but MageHunter gave me a better one
describe you if you were a pathfinder demon lord
1 name/ appearance
2 worshipers/areas of concern
3 domains besides chaos and evil
4 favored weapon and unholy symbol
5 sacred animal/color(s)
6 Demonic Obedience/boons

ps sorry for large amount of questions.


1 is slavery legal in Riddleport if not why not?
2 what level and class was Cayden Cailean before he took the starstone test
3 cant remember 3rd question be back later.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

isn't it odd that we've never seen you James Jacobs and Batman in the same room?


1 is a orcs listed lifespan (40 something) based on the average lifestyle of a orc or even with a healthy life is a orc going to die around their

2 how much do you think giant spider silk ( enough to make something with) would be worth
3 If you were any pathfinder player race other than human what would you be.
4 are their any major underwater nations on golarion.


making the drake start out bigger would be a first, maybe medium.
cutting out some of the cost would be helpful but I don't know about it flight and breath right of the bat maybe a free drake power, not everyone wants their drake to fly some like to swim or burrow or something else.


if you were a aristocrat (title, land, money the works) in any Golarion country what country would it be.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

1 can you use create undead to stack zombie templates ex fast plague zombie, plague zombie lord, relentless gasburst zombie?
2 if so what level does you caster level have to be to combine them (I'm assuming past 11 for zombie lords because that's when you can make skeleton champions aka zombie lord minus the skin.
3 if question 1 is correct I'm going to assume other zombies created by the plague zombie/other template only have the plague zombie template.
4 what level do you need to be to combine more then 2 templates.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:

1 are the all the magic items and monsters for old 3.5 Golorian/pathfinder still canon?

2 what is your favorite magic item?
3 what is your favorite planer bound creature?
4 do you ever get tired of answering our questions?

1) Not all of them, no.

2) Rod of wonder.

3) I'm not sure what "planer bound" means... do you mean "something that's bound for the planes" or "something bound form the planes" or "specifically what's your favorite outsider to use planar binding on" or something else?

4) Nah.

1s the crepitus still canon?

3 yes sorry I had trouble phrasing that. So what is your favorite outsider that can be called through planer binding/ally

Not really. It doesn't really fit into the hierarchy and themes we've built for devils in Golarion. If we were to update it to Pathfinder, its flavor would need some revision. At this point, though, it's not a creature we intend to move forward with. Feel free to use them in your games if you want, of course, just don't expect them to show up in print again anytime soon, if ever.

As for the favorite planar ally/binding subject, that would depend significantly on what it's being "used" for. As an NPC minion, no contest—succubus, since that results in a profane gift that helps bolster the NPC's stats without having to rely so much on going the belt/headband route. If on the other hand we were talking about me in real life being able to conjure up an outsider in this way, I'd prefer to go the planar ally route rather than the binding route, and would go with a lillend because they've got a good combination of support and recovery magic AND because I like music.

pfft sure profane gifts the reason people conjure a succubus whatever you say , no other reason at all nudge nudge wink wink.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:

1 are the all the magic items and monsters for old 3.5 Golorian/pathfinder still canon?

2 what is your favorite magic item?
3 what is your favorite planer bound creature?
4 do you ever get tired of answering our questions?

1) Not all of them, no.

2) Rod of wonder.

3) I'm not sure what "planer bound" means... do you mean "something that's bound for the planes" or "something bound form the planes" or "specifically what's your favorite outsider to use planar binding on" or something else?

4) Nah.

1s the crepitus still canon?

3 yes sorry I had trouble phrasing that. So what is your favorite outsider that can be called through planer binding/ally


1 person marked this as a favorite.

1 are the all the magic items and monsters for old 3.5 Golorian/pathfinder still canon?
2 what is your favorite magic item?
3 what is your favorite planer bound creature?
4 do you ever get tired of answering our questions?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

random questions
do familiars have a increased lifespan?
do the demographics of populations of golorian cities(especially underdark ones) count slaves?
are demons the most populous race of fiends like they are in 3.5?


Bob Bob Bob wrote:

Create Demiplane? No. "The plane cannot be dispelled, " is very specific.

Permanency? Yes. And since it's not on the list of things that need a higher CL than you, it works as normal.

Now, this may end the Create Demiplane spell (because it expires) but it's not the same thing.

welp gonna have to find a way to make it undispellable,thank you for the quick reply.


since it the spell says you can make create demiplane permanent using permanency does that mean it can be dispelled?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

more about southern gerundfrom what little I know it sounds cool.


prices
a hair that never grows back(for cheap things most likely)
a speech: after the character makes a big speech he suddenly finds himself at the exact moment before he started it and hears the sound of someone bottling something.
the trust of a friend: a friend no longer trust them plain and simple.
Buy
love potions: comes in a variety of flavours such a puppy motherly true and even yandere.
someone else's price: skill of a master swordsman, a moonlight night alone with the local dictator, the heritage of some poor shmuck of a beggar who unbeknownst to everyone else due to drunkenly selling of his heritage for a magic sword was the king and much much more!
ps. dot!


I know in pathfinder there are several sentient amphibious/aquatic species gillmen,skum,aboleths,sahuagin etc I know we here of the occasional settlement but are there any undersea nations out there? the only one I know of I found on the wiki is Xidao in Tian Xiaso I know they exist.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Silly humie er demon fing theirz no orcs in space because SPACE BELONGZ TO THA ORKS WAAAGH!!! DAKKADAKKADAKKA!!!


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
Do oni only have one life or do they "respawn" after a while? The reason I'm asking is because the lore says the mask oni is to cowardly to commit suicide in hopes of returning as a "proper" oni.
An oni is a native outsider. As such, its soul is separate from its body. When its soul dies, it goes on to the Boneyard to be judged. Whether or not it gets reincarnated as a new oni, as a different creature entirley, or sent on to another plane to become a petitioner or to get turned into quintessence or whatever depends on the individual oni's destiny and fate.
huh so oni get judged after death? thanks I assumed because they were originally evil spirits who took forms I assumed when they died they either ceased to be all together or they went back to being spirits I never assumed they would be judged like everyone else.
Again; Oni are native outsiders. They get their souls judged just like aasimars and tieflings do.

I know thank you for answering my questions.


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
Do oni only have one life or do they "respawn" after a while? The reason I'm asking is because the lore says the mask oni is to cowardly to commit suicide in hopes of returning as a "proper" oni.
An oni is a native outsider. As such, its soul is separate from its body. When its soul dies, it goes on to the Boneyard to be judged. Whether or not it gets reincarnated as a new oni, as a different creature entirley, or sent on to another plane to become a petitioner or to get turned into quintessence or whatever depends on the individual oni's destiny and fate.

huh so oni get judged after death? thanks I assumed because they were originally evil spirits who took forms I assumed when they died they either ceased to be all together or they went back to being spirits I never assumed they would be judged like everyone else.


Do oni only have one life or do they "respawn" after a while? The reason I'm asking is because the lore says the mask oni is to cowardly to commit suicide in hopes of returning as a "proper" oni.


I have some sorcerer questions
1 will their be anymore wildblooded bloodlines for sorcerers?
2 will their be any wild/primal magic archtype for sorcerers like the one for wizards anytime soon?
3 when will their be a adventure where the villain is a awakened tyrannosaurs who goes by the alias Jaumes Jacobes(may or may not me a sorcerer)?


if you (James Jacobs) had a song describing yourself like the pcs in we be goblins what would your song be?


can goblins hobgoblins and bugbears have children form each other? I was looking through some fluff and there's at least one story of a goblin claiming to be the son of a hobgoblin I would normaly put this up as him trying to look tougher but in rise of the runelords their's that bugbear who is sneaking into the goblin chiefs harem of wives so I know they can find each other attractive,so can they breed/have kids if so whats the result a advanced goblin a slightly quicker or strong hobgoblin a weaker bugbear what?


how does the spell reincarnation work with children/early teens does reincarnation turn them into young adults like everyone else or does it leave them in a body their age/new races equivalent?


how is it decided where a vigilante(class) goes where they die it must be pretty hectic with them having two alignments.


so whats the rest of the party like if you have a paladin or other "goody goody" you might be able to go for the whole oh I have repented and see the error of my ways spiel and get him/her on your side in case of druid shenanigans if it dosent work you'll at least get the satisfaction of seeing the druid get gutted for his actions. other option off the top of my head are hiring other party member as a bodyguard and using previous goodwill to get other members of the party as backup
you might also want to defend your reasoning for needing the gem(need not be real reason for needing gem unless some form of truth magic/potion/good perception check is in play) really ham up the backstory ex need it to pay the ransom for your sister say the sister also runs a orphanage need it to feed your family make it your whole village is going to starve unless you buy grain and other essentials just don't make them to grandiose lies.

if you manage to make it through and are let back in forgo reward from the next adventures or so to show your really sorry. edit if all else fails hire some npc goons and go down swinging


1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

since the anti paladins fiendish servant counts as summon monster can it be dispelled if so does that activate the 30 days of having no servant and the -1 on attacks and damage?


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
in your opinion what should a anti paladin do if he dosent want to upgrade his summoned monster minion if he doesn't want it to become useless(he really likes his roleplay with his dretch and doesn't want it to end just because he can get a upgrade). ps since the anti paladins fiendish servent counts as summon monster can it be dispelled if so does that activate the 30 days of no servant and -1 on attacks and damage?
Consider his poor choice in character class for the type of character he wanted to play, and ask his GM if he can rebuild the character as a warpriest or cleric or summoner instead of antipaladin.

from what I can tell he wasn't planning on it he just wound up likeing his dretch and dosent want to get rid of it .and can you dispel the fiendish servant and does it activate the 30 days of of no servant ad debuffs


in your opinion what should a anti paladin do if he dosent want to upgrade his summoned monster minion if he doesn't want it to become useless(he really likes his roleplay with his dretch and doesn't want it to end just because he can get a upgrade). ps since the anti paladins fiendish servent counts as summon monster can it be dispelled if so does that activate the 30 days of no servant and -1 on attacks and damage?


ideas I have
1 play as villagers defending your town from the we be goblins pcs who are currently trying reenact the goblin blood wars(minus the ending)
2 play as would be bandits in cheliax trying to rob a wagon train holding highly illegal and expensive items.(turns out to be old history books on their way to the clarity pyres)
3 play as survivors of a red dragon attack and have to head to the nearest village for aid.
4 play as moster hunters in sargava sent to hunt down a tyrannosaurus rex turns out to be James Jacobs.


a chicken because free eggs.


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
how do demons get promoted we know how devils do it in the game(to become a bearded devil you have to be impaled on a glave and pull yourself up lemurs are tortured petitioners etc)but how do demons do it? do they do it spontaneously, do they transform after killing enough demons stronger then them demon lords just grab servents and transmogrify them, is it some combo, or do they just gut themselves on petitioners?

They don't get promotions at all. The idea of an outsider race that goes through "promotions" is not the norm for outsider races. It's pretty much unique to devils.

Demons form from sinful souls. A wrathful soul will become a vrock. A greedy soul becomes a nalfeshnee. A lustful soul becomes a succubus. An arsonist soul becomes a brimorak. And so on. Once the soul makes the transition from dead to petitioner to demon, that's where it stays more or less. A lustful soul isn't appropriate to be a nalfeshnee, because it had more lust than greed in it, and thus won't become a nalfeshnee ever.

what about quasits then the lore on quasits says about when it gets his masters soul. quote "rather than using the evil master's soul to create new demonic life. In this manner, a quasit can use its newly captured soul to bargain with more powerful denizens of the lower planes, and perhaps secure a vile transformative “promotion” to a more powerful form of life in the process." end quote.

1 to 50 of 134 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>