Poll: What part of Pathfinder do you want to know more about?


Lost Omens Campaign Setting General Discussion

651 to 700 of 771 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

more about southern gerundfrom what little I know it sounds cool.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Long term I hope the product has the success that allows for an expansion into the other continent areas of the setting. Arcadia, some more stuff of Tian Xia, etc


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The world of the lawful neutrals. We know very little about the lawful neutral gods or the plane itself.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Tian Xia and the Mwangi


3 people marked this as a favorite.
PcWarduke wrote:
Tian Xia and the Mwangi

I want a Tian Xia World Guide, like the Inner Sea one.


I'm hoping for more detailed information on Galt.

Shadow Lodge

An explanation of what projection is used for the Inner Sea map.


zimmerwald1915 wrote:
An explanation of what projection is used for the Inner Sea map.

They "winged" it ;)

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Tian Xia hardcover and more, much much more Arcadia stuff.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Gary Teter wrote:

What part of Pathfinder do you want to know more about?

And should this be a multiple-choice poll?

These items in this order:

1. Campaign Setting and countries
2. Adventure Paths and the Gazetteers
3. The Core Rules


I would like to know a bit more about Zon'Kuthon and the Kytons. There's really very little to work with there.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

New books about dragons, talking about their ecology and society - including religion. It should focus on the newest true dragons (imperial, outer and esoteric dragons).

More about the religions of the other races, mainly the beliefs of the core races and the giants.

Gazetters about the other continents, specially Garund and Sarusan. This would include inhabitants, countries, and religion (core deities).

More about the outer planes, with the Maelstorm and the Heavens at first, but the Lower Planes are also a must.


I would like to know more about the Samsarans, Syrinx and Strix and more about their respective cultures.
I was also wondering about if there would be a book expanding on criminal enterprises, such as smuggling or even slavery (obviously for evil campaigns). It would be nice to use appraise to discover how much a slave would be worth... maybe even charisma would play into how someone would be worth?
The Ganzis would also be interesting to look into, especially if there were any new races to counter them, such as a Lawful Neutral native outsider.
Geb, Nex, Alkenstar and The Mana Wastes are also, imo, deserving of their own campaign setting books.


Rahadoum. I'm planning on running a game where the players are part of an underground cult of Sarenrae, and having more info on the country would be very helpful. As it stands right now, there's hardly anything.


Dwarves


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber

I think Villain Codex covers some of the stuff you are looking for, Reduxist. I don't have it with me atm to give you any more details, however.


is the place that the alien portals go in thornkeep going to be a place in starfinder or otherwise where did they go?

Scarab Sages

dharkus wrote:
is the place that the alien portals go in thornkeep going to be a place in starfinder or otherwise where did they go?

It is implied that the green one in the Sanctum of a Lost Age goes to the Emerald Spire (most likely directly to The Throne of Azlant).


2 people marked this as a favorite.

A Golarion Almanac.

Probably broke up into countries by continent filled with "regionally based perspective" essential writings containing important dates and statistical information such as astronomical data and tide tables as well as long range weather forecasts, full moon dates, weather history, sun rise and set times, best planting dates, and folklore.

I can't even tell you how often "What's the weather like?" seems to come up in games, and since weather affects everything from the current state or responses of the local flora and fauna in an area to the kind of gear people should have to the local NPCs behavior during their day-to-day, not having to always generate all this myself as GM would just be the best thing ever. I'd probably even use the information as a guideline even if I ran a setting outside of Golarion/Pathfinder, it would just be that useful.

I seem to recall mentioning this to J. J. in his Tuesday chat once, and I believe he indicated it would be unlikely to happen, but I still dream.

Even if it was just introduced as a new blog updated weekly showcasing a single country for each entry, I would probably be satisfied.

Liberty's Edge

pinvendor wrote:

A Golarion Almanac.

Probably broke up into countries by continent filled with "regionally based perspective" essential writings containing important dates and statistical information such as astronomical data and tide tables as well as long range weather forecasts, full moon dates, weather history, sun rise and set times, best planting dates, and folklore.
I can't even tell you how often "What's the weather like?" seems to come up in games, and since weather affects everything from the current state or responses of the local flora and fauna in an area to the kind of gear people should have to the local NPCs behavior during their day-to-day, not having to always generate all this myself as GM would just be the best thing ever. I'd probably even use the information as a guideline even if I ran a setting outside of Golarion/Pathfinder, it would just be that useful.
I seem to recall mentioning this to J. J. in his Tuesday chat once, and I believe he indicated it would be unlikely to happen, but I still dream.
Even if it was just introduced as a new blog updated weekly showcasing a single country for each entry, I would probably be satisfied.

I think they try to keep year-specific stuff at a minimum, but I'd love a better weather system. Even just a book that describes the general seasonal weather patterns (avg. temp per month, predominant wind direction, rainstorm frequency) of each region would be awesome. But that's probably something they'd need to hire climatologists for :V

(Though, we could see a fair number of climatologists out of work in the near future, so, maybe they'd work for cheap?)


About large scale effects of the existence of Pathfinder Society and independent adventurers on the economy and society of different countries.

Like, how much of the country's population are active or former adventurers? How the authorities treat adventurers? Do they encourage or discourage the formation of adventuring parties? Is the loot salvaged by adventurers a significant part of the country's income? What are the laws about items stolen by the villains, but later recovered by the adventurers?

Silver Crusade

Gark the Goblin wrote:
pinvendor wrote:

A Golarion Almanac.

Probably broke up into countries by continent filled with "regionally based perspective" essential writings containing important dates and statistical information such as astronomical data and tide tables as well as long range weather forecasts, full moon dates, weather history, sun rise and set times, best planting dates, and folklore.
I can't even tell you how often "What's the weather like?" seems to come up in games, and since weather affects everything from the current state or responses of the local flora and fauna in an area to the kind of gear people should have to the local NPCs behavior during their day-to-day, not having to always generate all this myself as GM would just be the best thing ever. I'd probably even use the information as a guideline even if I ran a setting outside of Golarion/Pathfinder, it would just be that useful.
I seem to recall mentioning this to J. J. in his Tuesday chat once, and I believe he indicated it would be unlikely to happen, but I still dream.
Even if it was just introduced as a new blog updated weekly showcasing a single country for each entry, I would probably be satisfied.

I think they try to keep year-specific stuff at a minimum, but I'd love a better weather system. Even just a book that describes the general seasonal weather patterns (avg. temp per month, predominant wind direction, rainstorm frequency) of each region would be awesome. But that's probably something they'd need to hire climatologists for :V

(Though, we could see a fair number of climatologists out of work in the near future, so, maybe they'd work for cheap?)

I'd think you could work that into a book about Tian Xia, honestly. The cultures of asia IRL associated so many weather phenomenon with spirits and/or omens...For instance, the Japanese Snow woman (yuki-onna) and Yun-Dun, chinese god of weather, who plays with the clouds like toys.


A book of the Paizo staff GMs' favorite house rules could be fun.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
relativemass wrote:
A book of the Paizo staff GMs' favorite house rules could be fun.

We have that. It's the Pathfinder RPG line :P


johnlocke90 wrote:
The world of the lawful neutrals. We know very little about the lawful neutral gods or the plane itself.

I bet it's a total party town. Bars and clubs open 24/7.

The Exchange

At the moment, my main obsession is with Nidal, so I'd have to say Nidal! And Zon-Kuthon, and Kuthites in general. (See what you've done to me, Liane Merciel. >.<)

Secondary to that, the strix and fetchlings.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The Mordant Spire.


I'm interested into knowing more about:

- The other continents.
- Dragons of Golarion.
- Faiths.

Davia D wrote:
johnlocke90 wrote:
The world of the lawful neutrals. We know very little about the lawful neutral gods or the plane itself.
I bet it's a total party town. Bars and clubs open 24/7.

Actually, its called Axis - The Eternal City. I don't think there are bars there, and, if I'm not mistaken, today the only god living there is Abadar. =/

You should search for a portal to the Elysium. I'm sure the Drunken Hero has bars and clubs open 24/7 in his domain. ;)

Scarab Sages

The Gold Sovereign wrote:

I'm interested into knowing more about:

- The other continents.
- Dragons of Golarion.
- Faiths.

Davia D wrote:
johnlocke90 wrote:
The world of the lawful neutrals. We know very little about the lawful neutral gods or the plane itself.
I bet it's a total party town. Bars and clubs open 24/7.

Actually, its called Axis - The Eternal City. I don't think there are bars there, and, if I'm not mistaken, today the only god living there is Abadar. =/

You should search for a portal to the Elysium. I'm sure the Drunken Hero has bars and clubs open 24/7 in his domain. ;)

According to Death's Heretic and some of the Salim short fiction, there are absolutely bars in Axis.


I am interested in knowing more about:

-The other continents.
-The other planets(Pathfinder timeline not Starfinder's.)
-The Planes(Mostly positive energy plane, maelstrom, axis, astral, ethereal, dimension of time, and dimension of dreams.)
-Dragons(Especially the true dragons specific to Pathfinder.)
-Kaiju(origins, location, history, ecology, lost/dead ones, etc.)
-The non-core 0HD races.
-Fey(especially nixies and pixies)


I'd like more rules blogs. Or examples of play. Grapple (w/ grab + constrict), Overrun, Bullrush come to mind.


The Gold Sovereign wrote:

I'm interested into knowing more about:

- The other continents.
- Dragons of Golarion.
- Faiths.

I'm pretty curious what you mean by "Dragons of Golarion" and "Faiths." I'm not asking to be a troll or a know-it-all, but I'm betting in light of the following, Paizo probably needs a bit more detail on what you feel should be covered.

There have already been at least two splat books on Dragons: Pathfinder Chronicles: Dragons Revisited (OGL) & Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Dragons Unleashed (PFRPG). One covers dragons' origins and other fluffy info while the other covers examples of dragons active on Golarion.

As for "Faiths," the list of source books is very long from articles contained within Adventure Path books to player friendly option books to setting books dedicated to the religions organized by alignment and even a full sized hardcover.

What precisely would you be looking for on this topic you feel hasn't been covered yet? I know not all of the religions and deities have really been fleshed out in full detail, so it would be good to know which you're feeling has not received enough attention to date.


DM Livgin wrote:
I'd like more rules blogs. Or examples of play. Grapple (w/ grab + constrict), Overrun, Bullrush come to mind.

Opps, I see this is the campaign setting forum. In that case, I'd be interested in a Golarion's 100 Most Influential Persons 4718 Edition, published by the Pathfinder Society Publishing House.


The Gold Sovereign wrote:


Actually, its called Axis - The Eternal City. I don't think there are bars there, and, if I'm not mistaken, today the only god living there is Abadar. =/

You should search for a portal to the Elysium. I'm sure the Drunken Hero has bars and clubs open 24/7 in his domain. ;)

Abadar's a total party god once you get a few in him, I'm sure!

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dragon78 wrote:
-The Planes (mostly positive energy plane, maelstrom, axis, astral, ethereal, dimension of time, and dimension of dreams.)

I would love to see something interesting done with the astral and ethereal planes. In the absence of the githyanki (which I never really cared for anyway), I'd like to see what has moved into that niche, in the Golarion-verse.

And definitely more on the Golarion-specific planes, which we've gotten with the First World, but could see more of for Axis, the Maelstrom and Abaddon (and the Shadow Plane, which isn't Golarion-specific, but is certainly very different in Golarion, as different as Gnomes and Goblins, and deserves some development, IMO).

A focus on Axis and the Maelstrom might also lead to more focus on the differences between Law and Chaos, which have often felt like a bit of an afterthought. There are types and descriptors related to good and evil, like sacred/profane, holy/unholy, and law and chaos kind of get sidelined. By Bestiary 2, they included templates for entropic and resolute creatures, to go along with celestial and fiendish creatures, but there are still a lot of areas that could be developed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
pinvendor wrote:
The Gold Sovereign wrote:

I'm interested into knowing more about:

- The other continents.
- Dragons of Golarion.
- Faiths.

I'm pretty curious what you mean by "Dragons of Golarion" and "Faiths." I'm not asking to be a troll or a know-it-all, but I'm betting in light of the following, Paizo probably needs a bit more detail on what you feel should be covered.

There have already been at least two splat books on Dragons: Pathfinder Chronicles: Dragons Revisited (OGL) & Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Dragons Unleashed (PFRPG). One covers dragons' origins and other fluffy info while the other covers examples of dragons active on Golarion.

As for "Faiths," the list of source books is very long from articles contained within Adventure Path books to player friendly option books to setting books dedicated to the religions organized by alignment and even a full sized hardcover.

What precisely would you be looking for on this topic you feel hasn't been covered yet? I know not all of the religions and deities have really been fleshed out in full detail, so it would be good to know which you're feeling has not received enough attention to date.

I would never take you as a troll and I'm happily answering your question.

I will be starting with "Faiths", as this is the most simple to answer.

While we do have dozens of books about the numerous faiths across Golarion, we don't known much about the gods of the non-human races - like Gnome gods, Elven gods, Dwarf gods, Giant gods, and others mentioned in the Inner Sea Gods book. We got to know more about the Orc gods, the Elder Mythos, and the Osirian Gods, deities outside of the core ones.

Its not like I'm implying that there isn't enough information about faiths, its just there is so much more to explore and I really want to see it printed. By saying Faith is one of the parts I want to know more, I'm saying that products about Faith are among my favorite and that I'm really hoping to see more about the other mentioned but not really expanded faiths.

If I had to be even more specific about what I want to see expanded first about "Faiths", them I would say "Non-Human Faiths" - from Gnome, Elven and Dwarf gods to Giant and Dragon gods.

(continuing in my next post "About Dragons")


3 people marked this as a favorite.
pinvendor wrote:
The Gold Sovereign wrote:

I'm interested into knowing more about:

- The other continents.
- Dragons of Golarion.
- Faiths.

I'm pretty curious what you mean by "Dragons of Golarion" and "Faiths." I'm not asking to be a troll or a know-it-all, but I'm betting in light of the following, Paizo probably needs a bit more detail on what you feel should be covered.

There have already been at least two splat books on Dragons: Pathfinder Chronicles: Dragons Revisited (OGL) & Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Dragons Unleashed (PFRPG). One covers dragons' origins and other fluffy info while the other covers examples of dragons active on Golarion.

As for "Faiths," the list of source books is very long from articles contained within Adventure Path books to player friendly option books to setting books dedicated to the religions organized by alignment and even a full sized hardcover.

What precisely would you be looking for on this topic you feel hasn't been covered yet? I know not all of the religions and deities have really been fleshed out in full detail, so it would be good to know which you're feeling has not received enough attention to date.

Now, I will be talking about Dragons. This is a subject that has been discussed in the Bestiary 6 product board, so If you go there you might understand better what will follow.

I would also like to make it clear that I will be talking about TRUE DRAGONS, even though I'm not using the world "true". ;)

Dragons are among the most powerful creatures in Golarion, feared and worshiped, they are rulers of nations and warlords from which artifacts were crafted. There are now 35 breeds of Dragons in Pathfinder. 5 chromatic dragons, 5 metallic dragons, 5 primal dragons, 5 imperial, 5 outer dragons, 5 esoteric dragons and 5 planar dragons. We do have products supporting dragons and giving them flavor, like Dragons Unleashed and Legacy of Dragons, and even the old Dragons Revisited. Apsu and Dahak already shined in Inner Sea Faiths. There is a whole planet labelled as "PLANET OF THE DRAGONS" that is Triaxus. So what am I wanting to see more about dragons?

The problem with true dragons starts when we realize that the information we have about them is mainly focused on Chromatic and Metallic dragons, the notorious CLASSIC DRAGONS.

We known close to NOTHING about 25 of the true dragons that are original to Pathfinder Campaign Setting, if not by their appearance in APs and Modules and the description they got in the Bestiaries.

We have dragons that hail from the Elemental Planes, dragons that descended from space into Golarion, and even dragons from the dream dimension or Hell itself. Yet...

- What is their ecology and society?
- What about their faiths and philosophy?
- Are they also worshiping Apsu and Dahak or are there other dragon deities? (and yes, there are)
- Do their members have any hidden agendas or common goal?
- What is their relationship with each other and with the "lesser" races?
- Who are their most notorious members in Golarion?
- With 35 breeds of true dragons and dozens of lesser dragons, are Kobolds and Wyvarans indeed the only two "human-like races" related to dragons? (I'm talking about playable races)

Being more specific - I want (we need/we are really leaking on) more flavor for the 25 true dragons that weren't expanded enough in comparison to the classic 10 from the first Bestiary.

I know there is a HUGE and understandable reason for the detachment from draconic influence in Pathfinder (called Dungeons & DRAGONS), but Pathfinder has what it needs to make their own dragons shine just as well - 25 original fantastic dragons!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Short version: Dragons Revisited doesn't include B2-6 dragons and Dragons Unleashed doesn't include B3-6 dragons.

In other words there are 20 true dragons who have received about 1 sentence of fluff each. We know literally next to nothing about them except their combat stats.

RPG Superstar 2015 Top 8

Set wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
-The Planes (mostly positive energy plane, maelstrom, axis, astral, ethereal, dimension of time, and dimension of dreams.)

I would love to see something interesting done with the astral and ethereal planes. In the absence of the githyanki (which I never really cared for anyway), I'd like to see what has moved into that niche, in the Golarion-verse.

And definitely more on the Golarion-specific planes, which we've gotten with the First World, but could see more of for Axis, the Maelstrom and Abaddon (and the Shadow Plane, which isn't Golarion-specific, but is certainly very different in Golarion, as different as Gnomes and Goblins, and deserves some development, IMO).

A focus on Axis and the Maelstrom might also lead to more focus on the differences between Law and Chaos, which have often felt like a bit of an afterthought. There are types and descriptors related to good and evil, like sacred/profane, holy/unholy, and law and chaos kind of get sidelined. By Bestiary 2, they included templates for entropic and resolute creatures, to go along with celestial and fiendish creatures, but there are still a lot of areas that could be developed.

I agree with all of this, the Astral Plane and Ethereal Plane especially. I'm not happy about how Occult Adventures used the new classes as a backdoor to change fundamental aspects of planar cosmology. That being said, I like that there seem to be plans for these Planes that go beyond 'huge empty space that serves as an interplanar highway'.

Bestiary 4 introduced the Shulsaga as residents of the Astral Plane, but as far as I know, nothing interesting has been done with them yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Heathansson wrote:
I wanna know more about the hot babes.

Seoni?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Gold Sovereign wrote:
*a lot of great stuff*

You really nailed what I was wanting to know. I'm fully on board with your request.

Do it Paizo! :D


I love the Lawful stuff, so Axis, the Inevitables, the Axiomites, etc. Also an analogue to aasimars and tieflings for lawful outsiders would be nice.

Tons of stuff on the Hellknights, which I love. But maybe something on Druma and the Mercenary League (Blackjackets) would be awesome.

More randomly, I'm also very interested in the Positive Energy Plane.

The Exchange

Lol, I feel like I'm the only one hungering for more stuff about Nidal. XD I'd like to add, also, The Silent Shroud and the Shades of the Uskwood. Also their trade with the Darklands via the Shadow Caverns. And their relationship with fetchlings. Apparently they aren't fond of fetchlings, despite them being from the Shadow Plane - I find that kind of fascinating.

I'm sure I'll find more, too. :3


Darklands themed softcover bestiary/other Darklands stuff
Encyclopedia of Vhaeso's Tears (Inhabitants of the Dark Tapestry/Dominion of the Black... technically a softcover Bestiary with Artifacts added in)
Demigods/Quasideities Hardcover (something that puts all of the minor types of demigods and Quasideities in one place)
Harbingers of Golarion (so that everything that doesn't have a harbinger gets one)
a Dreamlands/Leng themed Campaign Setting
A Maelstrom Hardcover (since all of that extra dimensional chaos everyone really wants goodness deserves some fun)
Fleshwarps of Golarion (something that updates fleshwarps, preferably to include the named Fleshwarps that haven't been made, as well as Dwarves, Catfolk, Gnolls, Hobgoblins, Kobolds, Lizardfolk, Ratfolk, Fetchlings, Tengus, Trolls, Deep Ones, Dark Folk, Merfolk, Munavri, Kitsune, and Reptoids)


Nidal. My players (who even when playing Neutral or evil) have a general hatred of bullies and torture, and they've wanted to put Nidal to the sword for a very, very long time.

The Exchange

Am I the only one on the side of "I find Nidal fascinating"? XD

I swear, I will call for a splat book every chance I get. I have 5+ characters from Nidal, and it would be amazing to be able to flesh them out further.

I get grumpy every time I look at the ethnicity options (for instance, in Humans of Golarion) and there's no option of info about the Nidalese.

On another note: Languages! I'm a language nerd, so any additional info on languages would be awesome. And no surprise, Shadowtongue is at the top of my list, along with Skald.


@Taskuhecate:

Have you read Nightglass?

I don't know for sure if the the setting-like description included in all of the Pathfinder Tales fiction is considered canon or not. Either way, this one has a whole lot of Nidalese stuff and flavor that should help jumpstart your juices while you wait for an official supplement.

The Exchange

@pinvendor

I've read it twice, <i>Nightblade</i> once, "Misery's Mirror" several times, and just about every scrap of info I can find related to Nidal. XD But thank you!


Ah, don't get me wrong. As a DM I LOVE Nidal. Its that evil pand that makes all the other evil lands shudder, yet is so casual with its cruelity that it dosn't feel the need to show its power or dominence, willing to wait out conqurers and shrug off direct assults by vikings. I just want my players to do their best to righteously overthrow the Umbral Court only to find that no citizens help them unlike in Cheliax, and the impatient Nidalese wreck the party when they get in over their heads.


I want to know more about the Cheliax war of expansion. I have an idead to set my campaign in the past.

651 to 700 of 771 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Lost Omens Campaign Setting / General Discussion / Poll: What part of Pathfinder do you want to know more about? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.