Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Paizo has made the decision to cancel PaizoCon 2020. We look forward to this celebration with our gaming community every year, and while it’s hard to cancel an event like this, we feel this is the best course of action given the global situation.
The Seattle Airport Doubletree by Hilton will cancel all PaizoCon 2020 room reservations en masse. If you have follow up questions regarding your hotel reservation, please contact the hotel.
We’re looking into some options for things we might be able to do digitally over Memorial Day weekend that would still allow us to connect with our fans. With the rapid changes occurring both locally and globally, we have not yet come to any conclusions on the feasibility of providing digital content. Once we make a determination, we will let you know.
There’s also likely to be some questions about what this means for 2021. We’re doing our best to adapt to these challenging times, and we’ll update folks when we have more details for next year’s PaizoCon, May 28th-31st, 2021. For fans who plan to attend next year’s convention and choose to push their 2020 4-day Badge forward to 2021, we’ll have an enhanced swag bag at the show to express our appreciation. We know that many in our community are facing uncertainties with their future plans and may not yet know if they will be able to attend next year’s PaizoCon. There’s no pressure to make a decision about what to do with your Badge: all 2020 PaizoCon Badges and preview Banquet Tickets that have been issued will automatically work for PaizoCon 2021. If you determine that you need to return a Badge or a Banquet Ticket, just follow the instructions below for requesting a refund.
If you would prefer to receive a refund for a purchased PaizoCon 2020 Badge or Preview Banquet Ticket, please review the following instructions to process your return:
Refunding PaizoCon 2020 Badges or Preview Banquet Tickets if you do not want to push them forward to PaizoCon 2021:
Please note, once we have processed a request for a refund for a Badge or Banquet Ticket, we cannot reinstate the order at a later time.
If the Badge or Banquet Ticket is currently on the account of the purchaser:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if you would like your refund applied to the payment method used on the order or as store credit.
- Provide the order number when possible.
If the Badge or Preview Banquet Ticket has been transferred and is no longer on the account of the purchaser:
- The recipient of the Badge or ticket can transfer the item(s) back to the account of the purchaser.
- If the recipient is having difficulties with transferring the Badge back to the purchaser, they can contact email@example.com for assistance.
- We cannot initiate transfers for Badges or tickets unless the account that currently has possession of the Badge or ticket requests it directly.
- Once the Badge or Banquet Ticket has been transferred back to the purchaser, the purchaser can contact customer service and request a refund.
- Be sure to include if the refund should be applied to the payment method or as store credit.
If you are the recipient of a transferred Badge or preview Banquet Ticket purchased on paizo.com, and you would like a refund applied to your account:
- If eligible for a refund, transferred Badges or Banquet Tickets will be refunded as store credit to your paizo.com account in the original purchase amount. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request the refund.
If you have additional questions or concerns, just let us know at email@example.com.
Thank you to all our fans and community members who support Paizo. We’ll miss seeing you at PaizoCon 2020, and hope to see you in 2021!
PaizoCon 2020 Cancelled
Friday, March 27, 2020