GM Brenael's Q15 In The Footsteps of Horror (Table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Brenael

RPG Chronicles | Slides | Macros

Challenge Points: 11 Tier: Low


1 to 50 of 120 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Please dot in here and delete once selected.


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

You have been requested to meet at the office of Venture Captain Ambrus Valsin for an art recording mission.

(Please feel free to introduce yourselves as you arrive at Valsin’s office while we get set up)

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

Cirri flaps her wings as she skips towards the office, leaving a trail of gray and gold feathers behind. When she reaches the entryway she makes sure to fold them neatly behind her back... before realizing she left a mess. "Oops."

As she enters the office, she juggles a ball of water the size of a pebble. "Oh hi. I'm Cirri Merryweather." She reaches out her hand to shake, only for the water to splash all over it. "Oh right, I was juggling that..."

Vigilant Seal

tall, if somewhat well built, white robbed figure enters the room. The cowl of his robes are up He holds a very fine looking staff in one hand. The hand looks pale but his eyes seem to shine in the darkness of the cowl.

He speaks in a heavily Ustalavian accent. Greetings my name is Niccolo of House Neska from Ustalav. I am happy to make your acquittance. His voice is smooth.

Radiant Oath

Female Sprite Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Investigate| Active Conditions: None | Leads: None

"Acquittance?" says a little sprite with green hair, perched on the back of a chair, "No, nobody had any evidence in the first place."

She has a pistol at her hip that's quite small by most standards, but still seems a little large for her. "Shimmer. I used to follow a detective around, so I know a lot about everything."

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

"Oh! Hello Shimmer. Hello Niccolo." Cirri waves to each of them. "I'm Cirri. Wait, I said that already."

Cirri takes a look at Shimmer's pistol. "Oh wow, it's a tiny pistol. Miniaturization of technology is so exciting, because you have to deal with heat, pressure and weight. Who made it? My uncle would have a million questions for them." She reaches for her notebook.

Verdant Wheel

f N deep orc Drow Shootist 2 | hp 32/32 | AC 19 (+1) | F +7 R +10 W +5 | Perc +7 | Darkvision

A tall, wiry and certainly agile orc woman, equally wild and elegant (there is something elvish in her manner and gait, which is unexpected for an orc) slowly enters the room. Greetings. She only says one word, but those of you who speak different languages and know the culture of Golarion understand by her accent that she is from Darklands. Name's Glasha.

Radiant Oath

M HalfElf Cloistered Cleric 2 | Field Medic | Blessed One | HP 26/26 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +10 | Perc +8 | |◆◆◆◇↺| Battle Medicine +8 | 25' | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2| spells 1 3/3 | Heal 4/4 | Lay on Hands |

"Sarenrae bless you with her light and may you be enlightened" says Orion as he enters the room. He's a mature-looking elf dressed in leather armor. He sports a scimitar on his belt. A silver holy symbol of the Dawnflower hangs around his neck.

"I am Orion Oneiros, how may I be of service?"


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

As he strides into his office, Venture-Captain Valsin says "Well, Orion, I'm glad you asked!" while moving to the wall behind his desk.

"All right, Pathfinders, you’re going on a little bit of a cleanup mission." Valsin taps his finger on the map of a familiar island, tracing north and west from the giant star marking Absalom to a sketch of a castle near the island’s western shore.

"A short while back, a group of veteran agents ventured into the ruins of Citadel Uromaz, where they defeated the lich Hekoz and stopped the ritual she was attempting. After dealing with the undead, they were called away to handle another issue. Frankly, we need someone to go back and do the hard work of cataloging the place. Most of the large artifacts and valuable items have been noted and brought back to the Grand Lodge, but the previous agents described a huge mural carved into the stone, and no one even thought to take a rubbing of it." Valsin sighs, "So, it falls to you to go in and document the site properly. "

"I need you all to pop over there, go through and take rubbings of as much of the mural as you can. Everything should be in the central chamber, but if you find any other archaeological finds that are worthwhile? Please note and collect them. Be careful, be prepared, and be vigilant, as usual. "

"Any questions?"

Radiant Oath

M HalfElf Cloistered Cleric 2 | Field Medic | Blessed One | HP 26/26 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +10 | Perc +8 | |◆◆◆◇↺| Battle Medicine +8 | 25' | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2| spells 1 3/3 | Heal 4/4 | Lay on Hands |

"It all sounds very exciting sir. What kind of undead were encountered?"

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

Cirri nods as she hears about the Citadel. "Ooo, ruins? Do you know what civilization was once there?"

"Oh, a lich... ohh." Cirri shudders, shedding more feathers. "And... undead. Okay, okay. Sometimes this happens. Deep breath. Parent did warn me I would find more undead."

She turns to the Venture-Captain. "Did they mention how large the rubbing was?"

Vigilant Seal

The wizard scowls at the sight of the holy symbol of the Dawnflower.

The undead are a scourge. he comments.


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺
Orion Oneiros wrote:
"It all sounds very exciting sir. What kind of undead were encountered?"

Valsin replies, "Hmmph, well there was the lich, along with skeletons and zombies mostly. We believe those threats were taken care of though, based on the information reported to us by your fellow Pathfinders. You can never be too sure, though, so please make sure to go prepared for a fight, just in case."

Cirri Merryweather, the Strix wrote:
She turns to the Venture-Captain. "Did they mention how large the rubbing was?"

They told me the mural covered an entire wall, but still failed to record it! Its not difficult, if you see art work or other relevant information, record it!" Valsin says with disgust.

Orion:

You recall some details of Citadel Uromaz from your religion studies...
The Pathfinders who completed the initial assault on Citadel Uromaz recovered beautiful treasures, including books, tapestries, and even rugs. It’s unclear how many of these items were original to the keep and how many were the possessions of the lich Hekoz.

Cirri:

You recall mention of Citadel Uromaz during your society discussions...
The Pathfinders who completed the initial assault on Citadel Uromaz recovered beautiful treasures, including books, tapestries, and even rugs. It’s unclear how many of these items were original to the keep and how many were the possessions of the lich Hekoz.

GM Screen:

Orion Oneiros's Religion (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Cirri Merryweather's Society (T): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Shimmer's Society (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

"Hmm... Citadel Uromaz contained a lot of tapestries, books and rugs. I wonder how many belonged to the keep and how much was brought in by... er, her..." Cirri doesn't want to speak her name.

Radiant Oath

M HalfElf Cloistered Cleric 2 | Field Medic | Blessed One | HP 26/26 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +10 | Perc +8 | |◆◆◆◇↺| Battle Medicine +8 | 25' | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2| spells 1 3/3 | Heal 4/4 | Lay on Hands |

"Thank you for your advice sir Valsin."

Did Orion notice Niccolo's scowl? That would be important to him. His perception is a +7.


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

After a long pause, Valsin looks you over and then states "Very well Pathfinders, if there are no more questions I'll send you on your way." he passes a document to Cirri "I’ve marked the citadel’s location on that map for you, it’s just north of the Swardlands, on the edge of the Welt. It’s about five day’s ride along the roads."

"There is a bundle of writing material by the door" he says, pointing to a satchel by the door. "and I have arranged for mounts and supplies to be ready for you down at the stables. Travel safely!"

and with that you are dismissed. As promised, the satchel contains a generous supply of paper, ink, quills, and charcoal. When you reach the stables you find five horses and a pony ready for your expedition. Their saddlebags are already packed with sufficient provisions for you and the mounts for three weeks as well as some torches.

(This is a last chance to make any final purchases before the journey)

Vigilant Seal

He will get his school item of the negative healing potion.

Radiant Oath

Female Sprite Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Investigate| Active Conditions: None | Leads: None

"Sounds exciting! But I don't think I have any questions."

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

Cirri gets some eagle-eye elixir before leaving the school. "Thanks Captain! I'll try to keep detailed notes."

Cirri pets the horse before hopping onto the saddle. "So, Orion. Any ideas on why they wouldn't make a rubbing of the wall? Seems kind of odd, unless they were in a hurry."

She turns to her companions. "Any guesses? Maybe there was a trap nearby."

Radiant Oath

Female Sprite Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Investigate| Active Conditions: None | Leads: None

"Weeeeeelll... the murals are interesting, but not really exciting. I think it's easy to forget stuff like that if you've been in danger and fighting monsters and stuff. And the Venture-Captain said they were called away for another mission before they were finished. But that doesn't sound like their fault, and he was mad so there's something missing there."

Shimmer is barely visible atop a riding dog that is unnecessarily large for her.

Verdant Wheel

f N deep orc Drow Shootist 2 | hp 32/32 | AC 19 (+1) | F +7 R +10 W +5 | Perc +7 | Darkvision

I think there can be a great many options. We need to go there and check in person. Glasha is not very impressed by the talk about the undead. There are worse things in Darkland.


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

The journey west from the bustling streets of Absalom across the Isle of Kortos begins peacefully. At first, the roads are well-populated with travelers, guards, and caravans. Plains give way to forests and then farmland. A thin ring of fertile soil occupied by a partially constructed barn divides the fields from the barren lands of the Welt. Within the Welt, the weather takes a turn for the worse. Gray clouds fill the sky and a chill, misting rain pervades the air. By the end of the journey, the sky overhead is nearly obsidian, illuminated only by flashes of greenish lightning.

As you approach the ruins though, you feel a palpable sense of unease. There are no signs of animals near the ruined citadel. Even your mounts shy away from it with widened eyes and flared nostrils, refusing to get too close.

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

"Hey! Hey! It's alright. We can walk from here..." Cirri awkwardly dismounts as she removes her talons from the saddle without kicking the horse.

"Sure is quiet around here... do you want me to scout?" She focuses and channels the elements of air and water around her, turning into bits of surf.

Vigilant Seal

As they get closer the wizard will cast mage armor.

Radiant Oath

M HalfElf Cloistered Cleric 2 | Field Medic | Blessed One | HP 26/26 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +10 | Perc +8 | |◆◆◆◇↺| Battle Medicine +8 | 25' | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2| spells 1 3/3 | Heal 4/4 | Lay on Hands |

Orion kneels and says his prayers before getting too close to the ruins. Then, he rises quickly and steps forward with certainty.

Verdant Wheel

f N deep orc Drow Shootist 2 | hp 32/32 | AC 19 (+1) | F +7 R +10 W +5 | Perc +7 | Darkvision

Glasha remains unperturbed, although in fact the sunlight still hurts her eyes and she is waiting for nightfall.


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

With Orion taking the lead, you descend the stairs leading into the ruin.

While the day was gloomy as you approached the ruin, once you have all moved down the stairs the light suddenly turns quite dim. Light and shadows dance across the walls, but you see no obvious source for the light. Looking around you, all the colours have faded into muted hues, even your own appearance has been dulled once you are in the citadel.

The walls of the hall you find yourselves in are carved with ornate skulls and funereal adornments. An unlit torch sits in a sconce nearby. Looking back, the stairs you came down are now piled high with rubble, as if they had collapsed long ago. A corridor leads off to the west from the northern end of the hall.

(Those without low-light or darkvision will have penalties without a light source. Please let me know if you are lighting a torch, lantern or a spell of some kind)

map

Shimmer:

From past experience in the occult, the muted colors and lack of vibrancy in your garb suggest to you that you have found your way on to the Netherworld. The Netherworld is a shadowy mirror of the familiar Universe.

Niccolo Neska:

Your occult studies provide recognition to this place - this must be the Netherworld, a shadowy mirror of he familiar Universe. The erratic behavior of the shadows and light in the citadel is unusually pronounced for the Netherworld; it suggests that there is a portal back to the Universe nearby.

GM Screen:

Shimmer's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Shimmer's Occultism (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Niccolo Neska's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Niccolo Neska's Occultism (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

Cirri's eyes adjust to the dim lighting as they head down the stairs. Why are there so many skulls? So creepy.

Cirri looks with alarm as the stairwell... caved in? Soundlessly? Now she pulls out her quarterstaff, keeping her aura active.

She prepares to move around the corner...

Vigilant Seal

The wizard's eyes adjust rather quickly to the lack of light in the room. He gasps as bit as he recognizes what lies before the group. He shares this information with the group.

Radiant Oath

Female Sprite Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Investigate| Active Conditions: None | Leads: None

"It's the Netherworld," Shimmer whispers, "a shadowy mirror of the familiar Universe." She draws and readies her gun. "The Venture-Captain didn't say anything about this. Something's obviously not right."

Shimmer is one of the Wingless, sprites born outside of the First World. The Wingless are mortal--with everything good and bad that implies--and, as the name suggests, are born without wings. Some of them do learn to use magical wings as they become stronger, and the other Pathfinders have seen Shimmer do so as they've traveled together.

A pair of wings, similar to those of a dragonfly, unfurl from her back. They are made of blue and green light, and aren't strong enough to carry her far. But they do glow brightly.

Shimmer will make the portal to the Universe and the lich her first two leads. She gets a +1 circumstance bonus to checks to investigate her leads. What counts as "investigating" is ultimately up to the GM, but generally includes Perception checks or skill checks based on Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma intended to learn more about the subjects. Shimmer can have up to leads at a time, and must discard one to choose another.
She can also Clue In an ally investigating one of her leads as a reaction once per 10 minutes, giving them the +1 bonus to their check; please feel free to assume she does so at the first opportunity and take the bonus.
She can also Devise a Stratagem as a free action against any creature she knows to be the subject of her lead. Given that only one of her current leads is a creature and we're not likely to fight her, that probably won't come up with these two.

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot--Luminous Sprite heritage. Shimmer can shed light as a torch, which she'll activate as an action.


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

The news that Niccolo shares that there is a portal back to the Universe nearby buoys everyone's spirits. This grants a +1 circumstance
bonus to Will saves for the remainder of the adventure.

However, the shadows of the Netherworld still push back at Shimmer's glowing wings. Shimmer will need to make a DC 6 flat check to resist the shadows stopping her light. Even once she succeeds, her wings will be much duller than normal, both in colour and intensity and will shed a mere 10' radius of light.

Radiant Oath

Female Sprite Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Investigate| Active Conditions: None | Leads: None

Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"Wh--hey! That usually works..."

Can I try again, or do I only get one chance?
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

It takes a few attempts for Shimmer to unfurl her beautiful wings, but when she does they throw a weak monochrome light in a 10 foot radius.

As Cirri looks back at the stairs, she spies a small bag amongst the rubble. Retrieving it, she finds it contains some gemstones of varying kinds.

Following Cirri around the corner, you can all see that the corridor leads to the west, with signs of another old rockfall in a gap in the south wall of that corridor. Looking further through the gloom, everyone other than Shimmer sees that a room opens up at the western end of the corridor.

(You can use crafting or architecture lore to examine either of the two rockfalls if you wish)

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

"Oo. Shiny." Cirri doubles back to get the bag of gems. "Did someone leave it behind in the Netherworld?"

As Cirri rejoins the group to lead, she points at the room on the West. "Maybe we go there next?"

Verdant Wheel

f N deep orc Drow Shootist 2 | hp 32/32 | AC 19 (+1) | F +7 R +10 W +5 | Perc +7 | Darkvision

I am so not familiar with the remaster yet that I did not immediately realize that this is the new name of the Shadow Plane. I thought it was some new part of this plane .)

Onward.


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Cirri and Glasha move forward into the room at the end of the corridor.

This chamber contains a stairway at its south end leading deeper into the complex, the light dim, the shadows long. Alcoves in the east wall sit empty, though bones litter the floor.

You hear a loud screech, and several shadowy humanoid creatures rush to attack.

❖❖❖ Disturbing the Shadows Round 1 ❖❖❖
Terrain Features: Dim light - targets outside a light source are concealed for those without low-light or darkvision.
ENCOUNTER MAP

Characters in ➤ BOLD can act!
──────────
➤ Niccolo Neska (AC 16, 15/15 HP)
Red (- HP)
Blue (- HP)
Shimmer (AC 19, 24/24 HP)
Orion Oneiros (AC 14, 17/17 HP)
Green (- HP)
Cyan (- HP)
Glasha (AC 19, 32/32 HP)
Cirri Merryweather (AC 17, 20/20 HP)

CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Concealed :
When you target a creature that’s concealed from you, you must attempt a DC 5 flat check before you roll to determine your effect. If you fail, you don’t affect the target.

Netherworld :
The Netherworld’s fundamental nature enhances shadows while impeding light. Anyone Casting a Spell with the darkness trait gains a +1 circumstance bonus to their spell DC or spell attack roll with that spell. Conversely, anyone who Casts a Spell or Activates an Item with the light trait must succeed at a DC 6 flat check or lose that spell or activation. Additionally, the radius of all light from light sources and the areas of light spells are halved.

GM Screen:
Cirri Merryweather, Scout: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Shimmer, Investigate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Orion Oneiros, Search: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Glasha, Defend: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Niccolo Neska, Detect Magic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Red/Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Green/Cyan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Vigilant Seal

He is going to move so that he can get a better view and then casts electric arc to impact the first 2 creatures
1d4 ⇒ 4 electricity
reflex dc 17


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

extra d4 electric arc: 1d4 ⇒ 3 (with the remaster electric arc is now 2d4 at 1st level)

Green reflex save DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Cyan reflex save DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Electricity arcs out of Niccolo's hands striking green and cyan. Green dodges the worst of it, while Cyan takes the full power of the spell and is left smoking but just standing.

Screaming in a harsh language, Red runs from the back of the room to attack Cirri. It's first dagger strike is a horrible blow cutting deeply (crit for 12 piercing damage) while the second also connects, adding to the injury (4 piercing damage)

Blue runs up to Glasha and attacks her. Glasha easily dodges the first jab but the second catches her in a glancing blow (3 piercing damage). It hisses at you all "How dare you sully our realm with your light! You will pay for this pain."

❖❖❖ Disturbing the Shadows Round 1 ❖❖❖
Terrain Features: Dim light - targets outside a light source are concealed for those without low-light or darkvision.
ENCOUNTER MAP

Characters in ➤ BOLD can act!
──────────
Niccolo Neska (AC 16, 15/15 HP)
Red (- HP)
Blue (- HP)
➤ Shimmer (AC 19, 24/24 HP)
➤ Orion Oneiros (AC 14, 17/17 HP)
Green (-3 HP)
Cyan (-7 HP)
Glasha (AC 19, 29/32 HP)
Cirri Merryweather (AC 17, 4/20 HP)

CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Concealed :
When you target a creature that’s concealed from you, you must attempt a DC 5 flat check before you roll to determine your effect. If you fail, you don’t affect the target.

Netherworld :
The Netherworld’s fundamental nature enhances shadows while impeding light. Anyone Casting a Spell with the darkness trait gains a +1 circumstance bonus to their spell DC or spell attack roll with that spell. Conversely, anyone who Casts a Spell or Activates an Item with the light trait must succeed at a DC 6 flat check or lose that spell or activation. Additionally, the radius of all light from light sources and the areas of light spells are halved.

_____________

GM Screen:

Red, melee dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 at Cirri AC 17 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 piercing
Red, melee dagger,MAP: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 4 = 19 at Cirri AC 17 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 piercing

Blue, melee dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 at Glasha AC 19 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 piercing
Blue, melee dagger,MAP: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 4 = 24 at Glasha AC 19 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 piercing

Radiant Oath

Female Sprite Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Investigate| Active Conditions: None | Leads: None

Shimmer moves a little closer. She peers around the corner and analyzes her chances against the only enemy she has a relatively clear shot against.

That clearly isn't going to work. She moves to a better position instead of taking the futile shot.

* Stride
* Devise a Stratagem vs Cyan Devise: 1d20 ⇒ 2
* Stride

Radiant Oath

M HalfElf Cloistered Cleric 2 | Field Medic | Blessed One | HP 26/26 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +10 | Perc +8 | |◆◆◆◇↺| Battle Medicine +8 | 25' | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2| spells 1 3/3 | Heal 4/4 | Lay on Hands |

Orion casts two spells. The first is ◆Guidance to Glasha followed by ◆◆Needle Darts aimed at Cyan. Spell Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Piercing: 3d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) = 10


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

(Shimmer and Orion, I forgot to update where red and blue were on the map, which may have changed how you moved. I've fixed that now. Please feel free to adjust your turn if you would like.)

Radiant Oath

M HalfElf Cloistered Cleric 2 | Field Medic | Blessed One | HP 26/26 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +10 | Perc +8 | |◆◆◆◇↺| Battle Medicine +8 | 25' | Hero 1/3 | focus 1/2| spells 1 3/3 | Heal 4/4 | Lay on Hands |

Okay GM Brenael, changing my choices.

Orion prays to Sarenrae for the healing of Cirri, and fiery positive energy burns away her wounds gently. He then he casts Guidance on Glasha.

◆◆Heal: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Healing Hands
◆Guidance (Glasha)

Radiant Oath

Female Sprite Investigator 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F+5 R+9 W+6 | Perc +6 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Investigate| Active Conditions: None | Leads: None

Realizing she has not chance of hitting her first choice of target, Shimmer shifts her sights to a second target and fires a shot.

Slight change to where she moves on her first stride. Then change third action to:
* Strike Blue Jezail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 for piercing damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2 (concussive--if the target is less resistant or immune to bludgeoning then piercing, use that resistance instead). If a crit damage is instead 2xcrit damage: 1d12 ⇒ 6 plus fatal aim extra die: 1d12 ⇒ 10 for 22 total.


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Orion sends a surge of vitality to Cirri, which heals all of her wounds! He then lends Glasha Sarenrae's guidance.

Shimmer moves up to the back of the fray and fires her pistol to devastating results as it rips Blue apart! (blue eliminated)

Green surges forwards, striking at Niccolo, although it seems to be focussed on the shining sprite. Despite that, its dagger strikes deeply (crit for 6 dmg) but Niccolo dodges its second strike.

Green, melee dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 at Niccolo AC 16 for 1d4 ⇒ 3 piercing
Green, melee dagger,MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12 at Niccolo AC 16 for 1d4 ⇒ 4 piercing

Cyan snarls and moves to take Blue's place, striking at Glasha twice with both blows piercing her defences (4 damage total)

Cyan, melee dagger: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 at Glasha AC 19 for 1d4 ⇒ 2 piercing
Cyan, melee dagger,MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 4 = 19 at Glasha AC 19 for 1d4 ⇒ 2 piercing

❖❖❖ Disturbing the Shadows Round 1 / 2 ❖❖❖
Terrain Features: Dim light - targets outside a light source are concealed for those without low-light or darkvision.
ENCOUNTER MAP

Characters in ➤ BOLD can act!
──────────
➤ Niccolo Neska (AC 16, 9/15 HP)
Red (- HP)
Blue (-22 HP)
Shimmer (AC 19, 24/24 HP)
Orion Oneiros (AC 14, 17/17 HP)
Green (-3 HP)
Cyan (-7 HP)
➤ Glasha (AC 19, 25/32 HP)Guidance
➤ Cirri Merryweather (AC 17, 20/20 HP)

CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Concealed :
When you target a creature that’s concealed from you, you must attempt a DC 5 flat check before you roll to determine your effect. If you fail, you don’t affect the target.

Netherworld :
The Netherworld’s fundamental nature enhances shadows while impeding light. Anyone Casting a Spell with the darkness trait gains a +1 circumstance bonus to their spell DC or spell attack roll with that spell. Conversely, anyone who Casts a Spell or Activates an Item with the light trait must succeed at a DC 6 flat check or lose that spell or activation. Additionally, the radius of all light from light sources and the areas of light spells are halved.

Verdant Wheel

Focus Points 1/1 | PFS# 133608-2008 | ♥️ 20 | AC 17 | Saves 9/7/3 | Female Strix Undine Kineticist (Level 1) ☘️ 1 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 |◆◇◈↺ | Kinetic Aura ☑ |

So much happened so quickly!

First they were so angry! Cirri didn't have a chance to say anything before one of them dug their blade into her.

And then Orion pointed at her and she healed right up.

"Um... sorry?" Cirri squawks, right before she sighs. As her parent would say, violence is sometimes the only language.

She conjures water into the form of a mace and tries to bash the person in Green.

Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

Blast: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Oh boy, they're quick!" Cirri frowns.

◇ Weapon Infusion: Mele strikes are now Agile
◆◆ Elemental Blast vs Green
◆ Elemental Blast vs Green


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Cirri's watery mace just connects with Green, but the blow is solid and fells the shadowborn stalker. Her second blow goes wide though.

Verdant Wheel

f N deep orc Drow Shootist 2 | hp 32/32 | AC 19 (+1) | F +7 R +10 W +5 | Perc +7 | Darkvision

It started quickly... Well...

Glasha, who has absolutely not lost her composure, grabs a small one-handed crossbow with incredible speed and shoots directly into the face of one of the shadowy figures.

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d6 ⇒ 1

Shootist's Draw ◆ [once per round]: You Interact to draw a hand crossbow and Strike with it, or you Strike with a loaded hand crossbow you're already holding and then Interact to stow it.

Seeing that it was only a scratch, she curses, reloads and fires again.

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 5 = 191d6 ⇒ 4

◆ Shootist's Draw ◆ Reload ◆ Attack
VS GREEN


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

(With green already eliminated by Cirri I'll move the shot on to the other close one - Cyan)

Glasha's first shot strikes true, its only a scratch but that's all it takes to finish off Cyan, who drops. (crit and Cyan eliminated)

Glasha's second shot hits the last of the shadowy figures, Red.

❖❖❖ Disturbing the Shadows Round 2 ❖❖❖
Terrain Features: Dim light - targets outside a light source are concealed for those without low-light or darkvision.
ENCOUNTER MAP

Characters in ➤ BOLD can act!
──────────
➤ Niccolo Neska (AC 16, 9/15 HP)
Red (-4 HP)
Blue (-22 HP)
Shimmer (AC 19, 24/24 HP)
Orion Oneiros (AC 14, 17/17 HP)
Green (-12 HP)
Cyan (-9 HP)
Glasha (AC 19, 25/32 HP)
Cirri Merryweather (AC 17, 20/20 HP)

CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Concealed :
When you target a creature that’s concealed from you, you must attempt a DC 5 flat check before you roll to determine your effect. If you fail, you don’t affect the target.

Netherworld :
The Netherworld’s fundamental nature enhances shadows while impeding light. Anyone Casting a Spell with the darkness trait gains a +1 circumstance bonus to their spell DC or spell attack roll with that spell. Conversely, anyone who Casts a Spell or Activates an Item with the light trait must succeed at a DC 6 flat check or lose that spell or activation. Additionally, the radius of all light from light sources and the areas of light spells are halved.

Vigilant Seal

He will cast shield and then send another arc of electricity at the remaining foe
2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 shocky damage
DC 17 Reflex


Actions: ◇ ◆ ◆◆ ◆◆◆ ↺

Niccolo conjures a shield and then once again, electricity blasts from his hands, but this time Red nimbly dodges the electrical attack, "Ha, you'll need to do better than that!"
Red, Reflex DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Red then goes back to attacking Cirri. Despite a trio of blows, only the first connects (3 piercing damage)

Red, melee dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 at Cirri AC 17 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 piercing
Red, melee dagger,MAP: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 = 9 at Cirri AC 17 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 piercing
Red, melee dagger,MAP: 1d20 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 8 = 5 at Cirri AC 17 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 piercing

❖❖❖ Disturbing the Shadows Round 2 / 3 ❖❖❖
Terrain Features: Dim light - targets outside a light source are concealed for those without low-light or darkvision.
ENCOUNTER MAP

Characters in ➤ BOLD can act!
──────────
➤ Niccolo Neska (AC 16 (+1 with shield spell), 9/15 HP)
Red (-4 HP)
Blue (-22 HP)
➤ Shimmer (AC 19, 24/24 HP)
➤ Orion Oneiros (AC 14, 17/17 HP)
Green (-12 HP)
Cyan (-9 HP)
➤ Glasha (AC 19, 25/32 HP)
➤ Cirri Merryweather (AC 17, 17/20 HP)

CONDITIONS & EFFECTS REFERENCE
──────────

Concealed :
When you target a creature that’s concealed from you, you must attempt a DC 5 flat check before you roll to determine your effect. If you fail, you don’t affect the target.

Netherworld :
The Netherworld’s fundamental nature enhances shadows while impeding light. Anyone Casting a Spell with the darkness trait gains a +1 circumstance bonus to their spell DC or spell attack roll with that spell. Conversely, anyone who Casts a Spell or Activates an Item with the light trait must succeed at a DC 6 flat check or lose that spell or activation. Additionally, the radius of all light from light sources and the areas of light spells are halved.

1 to 50 of 120 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Brenael's Q15 In The Footsteps of Horror (Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.