[SFS] 4-12 A Festive Operation (Inactive)

Game Master Kludde

Maps And Handouts
RPG Chronicles
High Tier


101 to 150 of 206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dataphiles

Agender android technomancer 6 | SP 42/42 HP 34/34 | RP 9/9 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft

With George calling out presumably that the hologram is tied to the projector, CYGPO sees it floating through the hazy steam and a bangle on their wrist begin to glow. Steam walls! Effective George. They burn and impede the enemy, but not enough to prevent counters like this...

They focus and raise out a hand towards the projector. Glowing sparks shoot out from the extended bangle and coalesce into three large motes. As they rocket through the steam and into the projecting device it looks for a moment almost as if the trio of blasts are tiny charging minotaurs.

Full-Action Magic Missile from CYGPO's Devastator Cache

Force damage, Harmful Spells: 3d4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 3 + 3 = 13

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

Istilnar staggers away from the rampaging hologram and then grabs hold of the tendrils of mystic energy in the air to summon a ball of ectoplasm that he launches at his tormentor. Guarded step and then cast Ectoplasmic Barrage.

Ectoplasmic Barrage vs. Hologram KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

@DM Kludde - Yes and unlike Fred and George these two androids have different colour borders. Shame on you. ;)

George 09-23 runs out from behind the safety of the wall to just behind Cygpo. He joins in the Magic Missile action and releases two of his own targeting the projector.

"Focus fire on the projector!"

Magic Missile, Harmful Spells: 2d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 + 2 = 9

The Wall of Steam remains up (Round 1 of 5).


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Iseph gives the hologram a smegging good beating while his twin and Cygpo launch volleys of unerring missiles at the projector.

Istilnar strikes back at the hologram, but misses.

Damage for wall of steam already included

---
Istilnar
Solis
CYGPO
Antethriss
John/Iseph
George
---
Hologram (36)
Projector (34)
---


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Can I have an action for Ante?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

BOT Ante:

Ante attempts to attack the hologram with a flying kick...

Mae Geri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8, for 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Bludgeoning vs KAC

...but the blow goes wide.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Ante's flying kick goes nowhere

Heat, projector: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

The rampant hologram slams back at Antethriss, delivering a hardlight, full contact blow
Slam: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 311d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The projector hurls some fireworks at Solis from behind the steam barrier.

Fireworks: 1d100 ⇒ 591d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

---
Istilnar
Solis
CYGPO
Antethriss
John/Iseph
George

---
Hologram (36)
Projector (34)
---

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis moves up and swings at the projector through the wall Shoot ME will ya
solar weapon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 slashing: 1d6 + 10 + 1d3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + (2) = 18
hit>20: 1d100 ⇒ 61

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

George 09-23 fires a full salvo of missiles at the projector.

Magic Missile, full round action, Harmful Spells: 3d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 3 + 2 = 12

That is 72 points of damage taken so far by the Projector (if you add in the damage from the Wall of Steam, Solis' attack and George's Magic Missiles). Hopefully this is enough to end the fight. :)

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Encouraged by Solis' strike, Iseph tries to stab the hologram.

Trick: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37. Flat-footed.
Survival Knife: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20, for 1d4 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (8) = 15 damage.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Solis' swing and the volley of missiles are enough to destroy the holographics projector. The hologram blinks a few times as sparks fly out of the projector, and finally the projection turns to black.

Combat over!

Among the debris, there's a diffuse hardlight hand wrap and some tactical tetrad rings.

Once the area is safe, Yichen comes back in, as do the skittermander, who make an extra effort to act safely this time around.

It's done, it's beautiful! Yichen says, lookign over the beautiful construction, automated components and safety inspection seal but I can't manage this float on my own, and I need a driver for the parade...

To help, I need one of you to pilot the float. Everyone else can perform any task they desire (on other floats people are throwing candy, dance to the crowd, or controlling animatronics). The pilot uses piloting, the rest can use any check they can justify with a description

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Iseph remarks snidely as the hologram disappears.

"Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast..."

Keen to show off his 'ace pilot' credentials, Iseph happily takes the wheel...

Piloting: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18.

...unfortunately, a float handles *very* differently to a starship.

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

George 09-23 programs the local electronic billboards and display units to help promote the parade including countdowns, giant thumbs up and a virtual multi-coloured animated firework display.

Computers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

Istilnar wearily shuffles to the sidewalk and sits down. 10 minute rest and spend 1 resolve point.

Later he climbs onto the float and uses Spark and Psychokinetic hand to create makeshift fireworks to entertain the crowd.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Dataphiles

Agender android technomancer 6 | SP 42/42 HP 34/34 | RP 9/9 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft

With so many of his colleagues working to create a visual spectacle, CYGPO has the idea to attack another sense. Crouching behind one of the float's decroations they open us an access panel to tinker with some of the fuel lines. The result: irregular bursts of excess fuel that rev the engine loudly as it goes to make an oddly compelling beat...without flooding the thing or setting it on fire.

Engineering: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

...hopefully

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis kicks the holo-projector across the ground as if it was a soccerball before picking it up.

Where did you guys GET this? she asks the other team.

Later on she she looks incredulously at Cygpo

Are you trying to add Wubs to the engine? she asks.

After thinking about it a bit she then adds Cool idea. Lemme help
She fiddles with the float's control computer
computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

During the parade, she's dressed up as some sort of tight fitting superhero costume of red and orange, walking along the float throwing sweeties to the children.

Something like this, incorporating the symbol of Sarenrae


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Iseph pilots the float, which is a lot harder to drive than - say - a hovercar. He manages to get out of the garage, but with a few scratches on the outside. Fortunately, Cygpo makes it seem as if the noise is part of the plan, and the rythmically pulsing engine noise rile up the crowd.

George's billboards then people to 'DANCE' amid display of fireworks that Violet and Olive (on the float ahead) really appreciate! Augmented with the fireworks of Istilnar, it makes for a spectacular show.

Solis functions as the mascot of the float, and side by side with Yichen, she throws the candy, knowing that her computer controls are steering the rythmic backdrop.

I'll give Antethriss a bit more time to chime in before I advance

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis keeps an eye open for the person she sent the plushie to.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected
Solis Caelitum wrote:
Solis keeps an eye open for the person she sent the plushie to.

I don't think you've ever disclosed who you sent it to... is it Katrina?

The Jeweled Flower has turned into an absolute fan favourite, and the previously dejected Yichen has turned into a brighter, happier version of himself That was so great! You've helped me so much, this was the best Newspark ever! Shall we do it again next year?

---

The week progresses, and many more festivities are held. During this time, the Lorespire Complex hosts a concert, vidgame competitions for Drift Lane Racer and Apostae Special Team (a rather gory first-person shooter). For those less digitally inclides, there's numerous special courses, including a self-defense class hosted by former First Seeker Jadnura, teaching the four-armed defense technique secrets of the Idari.

---

Thank you for your help with the Newspark Parade! Yichen’s been gushing over how you handled the hologram and what an inspiring show you put on!

As you might know, Reunion Day is approaching. Reunion is a time for reaching out to distant family and friends and returning home to feast with your inner circle. Well, our fellow Starfinder, Alora Cembar, is having a rough Reunion. Her grandmother passed away this year, and she’s returned home to Akiton to mourn. She and her family are determined to celebrate Reunion “just like Granny would’ve” and I’m worried the pressure is too much for her.

While I’d love to help her myself, other obligations prevent me from leaving Absalom Station at present. I’d like you to travel to the Cembar homestead on Akiton and assist the Cembars in completing their preparations so they can focus on coming together as family. I’ve already booked you a shuttle, and your travel itinerary is attached.

All my Thanks,

Camellia

P.S. I think your friend liked the plushie

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Yes it is

You're right. It was. Solis replies to Yichen while tossing the inert holo-projector up and down in her hands. And maybe I will

During the week, Solis attends the self-defense class.

Now ...
I guess I'm off to Akiton

She sings quietly to herself on the way to the spaceport
Akiton is a planet
It is so very red
Akiton is a planet
Geologically it's nearly dead

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

George 09-23 (not being human) does not make up silly songs about their destination. Instead he spends the time before their trip to find out more about the Cembar Homestead, the planet Akiton and the holiday of Reunion Day.

He uses the ample lead time to do some research connecting to the Infosphere from his personal comm unit.

30 Culture (on a take 20) to find out about Reunion Day.

30 Culture (on a take 20) to find out the Cembar Homstead.

33 Physical Science (on a take 20) to know about the geology and weather patterns of Akiton.

33 Life Sciece (on a take 20) to know more about the more prevalent life forms living on the planet.

It seems reasonable to do some basic research before beginning a mission even if it winds up being completely irrelevant in the end. :)

Acquisitives

m N drow Operative 3 [Athlete] | sp 0/27 | hp 0/28 | rp 3/5 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | F+1 R+7 W+3 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Perc +10 | DV60' |

Anthetriss will play Apostae Special Team and try to take first place, although he knows that this is unrealistic for him - he is an athlete and not a cyber athlete. But why not? There's plenty of time before departure.

Dataphiles

Agender android technomancer 6 | SP 42/42 HP 34/34 | RP 9/9 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft
DM Kludde wrote:


The week progresses, and many more festivities are held. During this time, the Lorespire Complex hosts a concert, vidgame competitions for Drift Lane Racer and Apostae Special Team (a rather gory first-person shooter).

CYGPO still is not fully familiar with NewSpark or many of the other holidays, but they try a few to get more into the 'holiday mood'. And they particularly enjoy the Drift Lane Racer tournament, placing respectably. Their preferred racer: the Hortus one.

Upon getting Carmellia's latest request, they make their way to the docking bays and are surprisingly happy to see the same familiar faces have received the same summons. It is amusing the mention as they go to the raxalite's shuttle despite being the closest world I have never visited Akiton before.

Not in this branch of reality at least. they add as a caveat after thinking it over for a moment.

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

What do you mean? Not in this branch of reality? Solis asks, curiously.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

Istilnar is not in a particularly festive mood, but he takes the time to watch Antethriss and Cygpo take part in their respective video game tournaments. He takes part in the illegal betting ring going on in conjunction with the tournaments.

Dataphiles

Agender android technomancer 6 | SP 42/42 HP 34/34 | RP 9/9 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft
Solis Caelitum wrote:
What do you mean? Not in this branch of reality? Solis asks, curiously.

Are you aware of the Myrrium CYGPO answers. It is one of the Society's artifacts. As best we can determine it temporarily transports individuals to unrealized realities caused by divergent changes along the timeline.

One of the Venture captains believes sending agents through rips in space-time to dimensions not our own is a good practice assignment for neophyte agents. they explain matter-of-factly.

4-05!

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Huh .... no, never heard of it. Might look it up when we get back

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Ever-practical, Iseph notes:

"I wonder what species the Cembar are?"


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Well, isn't George a walking encyclopedia? He quickly recounts that Reunion is an Akitonian holiday that developed in the first century AG in response to the thasteron bust, poverty, and mass emigration.

The holiday promotes generosity and kinship despite economic difficulties and great distances. Traditions include sending a message to distant family and friends, then gathering to enjoy a meal with close friends and family. Traditionally, Reunion Day meals were prepared with cheap ingredients, ingenuity, and lots of love—resulting in outrageous dishes many Akitonians keep on the menu for ironic or nostalgic reasons.

Time to get away from racing simulations and Apostae special command, and head out to the red planet instead. After the shuttle lands, it's a short overland drive to the Cembar homestead. Outside, since we're just a few miles south of the Winterlands, the planet is white, not red, covered in snow. The temperatures outside are oabsolutely freezing, but the overland shuttle is comfortably warm.

The Cembar home is just a tiny speck in the landscape. From outside, the sound of gathering can be heard over the howling of the cold wind.

After knocking on the door, two familiar skittermanders open up. Looksies, it's you! the purplefurred one says, with a sense of shock. She's wearing a knitted sweater with an 'O' on it. The other one says, Come in and enter! We'll hold the door for you! This green-furred skittermander is wearing a knitted sweater that has a 'V' on it.

We're really sorry for all the trouble we caused... Violet says. We were only trying to help... Olive says.

While the skittermanders stand there being apologetic, a shobhad, positively towering over the two small skittermanders emerges behind them. She's lookign slightly out of place in a frilly apron.

Hi! Welcome! she says, I'm Alora, let me give you a tour of the house!

It turns out the place is a lot larger than it looks from the outside, most on the building being underground. In the living room, Olive and Violet watch over six young ysoki—Bitts, Flutter, Grubby, Popper, Scamp, and Slicer. My turn! Waaah! they are fighting over whose turn it is to play “Junk Race Jitters,” a popular two-player racing vidgame.

The ultra-spork goes on the right! Were you raised by pahtras? In the dining room, three hykli—Becca, Cass, and Orence—bicker over how to properly set the table. Lastly, the half-elf Agner naps in the den, their pet squoxes Musa and Gator curled at their feet.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

When the group reaches the kitchen, Alora shuts the door behind her. She releases a deep breath as she struggles to retain her composure. “Well, that’s my family. The Cembars might be odd, but we chose each other, and I love them dearly. Right now, though, we’re falling apart. We lost granny earlier this year, and things have been rough ever since. Granny was the glue that held us together. Since she passed away, we’ve been lost. This is the first time we’ve all been together since the funeral. I thought Reunion would bring us together, but it’s pulling us apart. They’re all so determined to make today perfect in honor of Granny—to do everything exactly the way she would’ve done. So here I am, in an apron, with no idea what to do!”

Alora sniffs at the air. “Smells like smoke,” she remarks. Her eyes widen, and she dashes to the oven, removing a baking sheet covered in an unidentifiable charred lump. Alora’s lip quivers, then she screams, tossing the ruined meal into the sink. “I quit! I can’t focus with them bickering, and this is hard enough on its own!”

Oh my

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis just stares in shock at the two skittermanders. Oh Come ON! What are the odds She then regains her composure and smiles Well I guess you weren't to know that the holoprojector was infected with alien code. My techie friend said it was left over from the Data Scourge ... seems I missed a lot when I was off station.

In the kitchen.

Look. Camellia sent us here to help. So, what can we do to help?

Dataphiles

Agender android technomancer 6 | SP 42/42 HP 34/34 | RP 9/9 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft

If you require a moment to catch up away from the children, I can keep them entertained. CYGPO offers.

A possible chance to actually put my Profession Vidgamer skills to use!

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

"Keep those children away from me."

Istilnar clearly has no interest in playing with the kids.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Alora is in complete and utter meltdown mode, and is not answering the groups question. Maybe it's just the kitchen, but there seems to be actual steam emerging from her ears.

Going to need a social check to calm her down. We'll get to the vidgaming later though, uncle Cygpo.

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

George 09-23 looks to the others to provide support. He will activate the relevant social subroutines and attempts to help of course but he will not take the lead. He is not a people person and he struggles to even understand emotions.

Aid (Insert relevant social skill - they are all at -1}, DC 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Android. Enough said. :)

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis does what she can to calm Alora down. She knows meltdown mode - it's a case of been there, done that - lots of time.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Alora (now in the handouts!) calms down slightly when Solis speaks, the steam moving away from her head a bit.

I was given “the privilege” of preparing dinner she explains, and everybody is expecting me to recreate Granny’s recipe of roast arabuk stuffed with stone-stored apelos, served on a bed of sticky rice and topped with gravy. And all I have is this... she points at what can best be described as a charred disaster. Alora takes stock of the remaining ingredients in the house, and says needless to say, I don't have any spare arabuk after I burned this one. The only solution I see is if you go arabuk hunting. I'd also need some fresh herbs, for the taste, if you can find some.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Though she doesn't have much cooking experience, Alora does have hunting experience and some spare equipment. She has an old rifle and hunting gear: an advanced shobhad horizon striker and a warleader shobhad harness.

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

@DM Kludde - Exactly how cold is it outside anyways? George 09-23 is good to -50 F with his Thermal Capacitor but standard armour only protects to -20 F.

"I guess we can bring back an arabuk and some herbs? Which herbs do you have in mind?"

@DM Kludde - George did plenty of research about the common lifeforms (33 with Life Science) on the planet before leaving. I can have him roll if you like or you could just tell me what an arabuk is. :)


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Yup, we're talking about extreme cold (-50F) here, which needs a bit more than just armor protection.

It sounds like you already know what an Arabuk is ;-)

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

George 09-23 describes what an Arabuk is to the party.

"All right people. Anyone not already rated for -50 F will have to find some furs or magical protection against the cold. Your armor alone will not cut it."

I have not flown to outer space, cast spells, or fired a blaster but yes I have experienced -50 F (although we use C here). It is cold. :)

The tolerable temperature range for standard armor is scandalous considering the fact that it is rated usable in outer space. It is Space Fantasy and not Science Fiction but still. :)

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Minus Forty five and a half in the old elven units. That's extremely freezing. This is why I spend my vacation time on Castrovel. Although I have gone skiing before but not in that sort of cold.

Pity I can't turn my mote into a sun - other than that, I got nothing.

Dataphiles

Agender android technomancer 6 | SP 42/42 HP 34/34 | RP 9/9 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +1, SM: -1 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft

%&*^ that's cold

How far from here do arabuk roam? CYGPO asks with a note of concern. I did not think to appropriately dress for the temperature at this time of year. In most of the vids and vidgames they highlight the 'red'ness of Akiton, not its polar regions.

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

George 09-23 shrugs.

"It stands to reason that finding winter attire should be simple enough around here. You might even be able to borrow some for the hunt or purchase it."

"You should ask around."

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

"The environmental protections on your armor should shield you from the cold," Istilnar says bluntly.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Alora readily offers some protective gear You can borrow those of the guests... if you can find the right size. Pleae keep it in one piece... There's a coatrack with protective gear of skittermander size, human size, as well as two large shobhad sized coats, one rather old-fashioned looking That was grandma's Alora says with a sigh.

Outside, the blistering, blistering cold feels truly inhospitable. Even worse, the sum is setting, and reddish purple glow in the sky does little to soften the dropping temperatures.

Perception or Survival to find traces, Life Science to guess where you might find an Arabuk right now

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Gratefully taking one of the coats, a relatively clueless Iseph looks around, basically hoping to stumble over an 'Arabuk' as he blunders around...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17.

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active, Telepathic Message SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 9/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 40/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 0/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 5/6 2nd 2/3|

George 09-23 closes the seals on his armor and has his Mark I Thermal Regulator (rated for -50 F) running at full capacity to keep him warm as he checks for tracks for Arabuk.

"No, Istilnar armor is only rated to -20 F. Check your online manual if you do not believe me."

Life Science to determine the location of Arabuk: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Perception to check for tracks: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

GM commentary (Istilnar, George):

Istilnar wrote:
"The environmental protections on your armor should shield you from the cold," Istilnar says bluntly.
George 09-23 wrote:

"No, Istilnar armor is only rated to -20 F. Check your online manual if you do not believe me."

This is the point where I would give the virtual version of the 'GM-glare'. I enjoy the role-playing, and it is highly encouraged, though if there is a rules discussion to be had, I'd refer to the discussion thread. Together with the clothing that you borrowed from the homestead, there should be ample protection as long as you do keep your exposure to below about an hour, and fortunately...

Isephs, Solis and George are quick to pick up a trail of animal footsteps. Eventually, the group manages to sneak up on a particularly majestic specimen, just grazing at some exposed grass.

Bold is up!

init:

George 09-23: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Solis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Antethriss : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
CYGPO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Iseph: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Istilnar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Arabuk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

---
George
Antethriss
Istilnar
Iseph

---
Arabuk
---
CYGPO
Solis
---

101 to 150 of 206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 4-12 A Festive Operation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.