[Gameday XII] GM Jhaeman's PFS1 # 4-15: "The Cyphermage Dilemma" (Inactive)

Game Master Jhaeman

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Employees and customers alike steer well clear of Igor, and there's a noticeable bubble of empty chairs and stools around him.

Relgar's skill in maneuvering through different social strata comes in handy, but it still takes a determined effort to sort fact from fiction to find something more substantial in relation to the rumor Venture-Captain Heidmarch shared about Alejia's cronies storing stolen goods along the wharves.

You arrived at midday, and the Diplomacy (Gather Information) check takes 4 hours, so we'll call it late afternoon now.

Relgar:

* DC 10: The Topaz Titan is scheduled to arrive in port at midday two days from today.
• DC 15: Though the dockside Wharf District was once one of the most prosperous parts of Riddleport, in recent years the district has declined into a state of shabbiness, and crime is rampant through many of the run-down shops and warehouses.
• DC 20: Shady folk have been paying locals in the Wharf District to keep quiet about anything they might see or hear, and some mercenary dockhands have found work hauling oddly-shaped cargo to what was thought to be a derelict building.

GM Dice:

Gather Info: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar winks at his teammates.

"Perhaps we should head down to the docks. I think I know which building will do the trick."

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle 2 (Dual Cursed)

"Sounds good. Getting food and drink always helps me feel better." Zarjkil said, having finish a second mug of ale to wash down his lunch.

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2
Igor of Caliphas wrote:

Igor decides it is best just to hit the local dive when one is searching for a missing and adventuresome master. When the party arrives he is already there taking chemical samples.

"Ah you must be the Mathter, Mathter." He cleans a space at the bar with his own cleaning aids, and ushers Vindex over to take the seat. "Come Mathter, sit, let Igor tend to your needth."

"Master, eh? I could get used to that." Vindex takes a seat, lounging lazily and looking over the inhabitants of the bar. He seems to enjoy the relative space forming around Igor, and encourages it by glaring at anyone who gets too close.

Vindex is not much of a conversationalist, and mostly spends his time looking for possible threats and thinking quietly to himself. Once Relgar finishes the information gathering, he stands up, stretches and moves his way towards the exit. "Sounds good. Lets get out of here."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
Zarjkil wrote:
"Sounds good. Getting food and drink always helps me feel better." Zarjkil said, having finish a second mug of ale to wash down his lunch.

"Testing your luck and your stomach."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 3 | hp 25/30| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +6 R +6 W +2 (+3 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnDun +8, KnNat +8, Perc +7, SensM +0 |
GM Jhaeman wrote:
Employees and customers alike steer well clear of Igor, and there's a noticeable bubble of empty chairs and stools around him.

"That'th thtrange. generally I can make friendth quickly. For inthtanth, I made Thcrapth here."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Small Construct 2 HD | hp 21/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

From behind the corner of the bar there scuttles a small aberration of some sort. It seems to be a crudely sewn-together pastiche of every creature ever put in a bestiary, a sort of collected crib note of fauna-kind. If ever you needed a remembrance of some mammal, insect, crustacean, reptile, or cephalopod you need only look at this thing for a hint.

The animate amalgam comes to rest then sags a bit making a long, wet squelching noise as it slowly subsides.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 3 | hp 25/30| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +6 R +6 W +2 (+3 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnDun +8, KnNat +8, Perc +7, SensM +0 |

Igor looks proudly upon his work.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar hopes that this motley crew is better at adventuring then they are at conversation. At an opportune time he leaves (hopefully with the others) and he makes his way towards the docks.

Igor is positively scary in his interactions with people and Vindex is a close second being actively anti-social. They are humiliating to associate with virtually and anonymously so excellent RP (I guess). :)


During the time you were inside the dive bar, the weather turned for the worse with a steady drizzle turning the poorly-maintained cobblestone streets of Riddleport into cataracts and the dirt side streets into long stretches of rubbish- and manure-filled mud.

The foul, mucky weather is enough to make any possible source of refuge look at least a little more hospitable, but the tattered sides of the rundown warehouse Relgar leads you to have clearly seen better days. The waterlogged boards that hold it up have numerous holes that have been boarded over with newer planks. The warehouse’s few windows are high off the ground and intermittently broken; those still intact are far too grimy to see through anyway.

But while the building itself hardly looks like a viable base of operations, a flicker of light can be seen from within. The east and west loading doors are closed, as well as the narrower south door, which has a sliding peep hole built into it at eye level.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

At the first sight of rain Relgar places his leather scroll case in his leather backpack and pulls it tight to keep it dry. He also uses a bit of gnomish magic to repel the drizzle and to clean any muck or water from his belongings and clothes. Relgar puts up a defensive spell in case they jump directly into action.

Prestidigitation is cast. Mage Armor is cast.

"This looks like the place."


Medium|Rhamphorhynchus (Mauler Familiar)| Buffs: | HP 25/25| AC 15 T 19 FF 19 | CMB +4 CMD 16| F +2 R +7 W +6|Init +3|PER +10/+18 (Scent) Low Light Vision, Scent|Intimidate +4| SM+2|Fly 40' +6 | Speed 10'| Stealth +2|Active Conditions Improved Evasion|

Gregor decides to manifest himself at this point. The tiny reptilian familiar transforms from tattoo into an intelligent animal and takes up residence in one of Relgar's handy pockets. He sniffs the wet air and looks around with excitement at the prospect of imminent danger.

Gregor has scent as a special sense.

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2

"Broken window." Vindex jerks his head at one of the smashed in windows high up on the outer wall. "Let's see if I can get eyes on what we're dealing with before we head in. Vindex points at Arioch, Zarjkil and Igor, skipping Relgar due to his small size. "You three, give me a leg up. If you've got a blessing of the gods or a sticky hands spell or something, hit me with it."

Vindex will try to scale the external side of the building to get one eye up to peek through a smashed out window.

Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Possible Aid from the others and/or Guidance.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
If Vindex is able to get up to the window, he's going to peek around the edge with just an eye around the side. Would this qualify for Improved Cover, for a +10 bonus to his stealth check?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2
Relgar wrote:
Igor is positively scary in his interactions with people and Vindex is a close second being actively anti-social. They are humiliating to associate with virtually and anonymously so excellent RP (I guess). :)

Vindex comes by his 7 CHA honestly :)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

Seeing the weather turn for the worse Arioch retrieves his poncho and puts it on before venturing out into the rain.
Looking at Vindex Arioch will say, "Same thing that went for Fester over there (gesturing at Igor) goes for you - I ain't the hired help. You can ask but you ain't demanding crap. I'll make an exception in this case since it will be your face that gets burned off."

Looks like a Strength check - hah!

Strength to aid Vindex's climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Arioch rolls his eyes at Vindex's less-than-quiet attempt, snickers, and says, "Good work Slick."

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle 2 (Dual Cursed)

With some of the group checking out the warehouse, Zarjkil kept an eye out for any unexpected surprises.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Vindex gets a boost and manages to scale the side of the warehouse--despite being wet, the rough planks offer numerous grips to aid the ascent. He peeks through one of the broken windows.

We'll say the window is 15' up, since the scenario doesn't define "high off the ground"

This scene is on Slide # 2. Please place your tokens where you'd like to be around the perimeter of the building.

Vindex:
Inside, you see a warehouse that's effectively one large room. Crates are stacked high throughout, leaving only narrow paths between them. Several figures wearing leather armor and with cutlasses dangling from their belts are sorting through the crates, while a bound and gagged woman lays on her side on the floor.

Zarjkil:
All clear so far.

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2

Vindex winces as he bangs against the wall, but pushes up and breathes a sigh of relief when the people inside don't seem to notice him.

Climb: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Vindex climbs back down, dropping the last few feet. "Thanks." he mutters. "Alright, we've got at least a few people with cutlasses and leather armor. Doesn't look like a lot of ranged combatants. They've got a woman tied up and gagged on the floor. I would say that's pretty damn suspicious."

"We could always bust down the door and start smashing some heads, but the woman could get hurt. Anyone got any tricky ideas we want to try here?"

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar shrugs.

"Perhaps one of you is good with locks?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
Vindex Craxos wrote:

Vindex winces as he bangs against the wall, but pushes up and breathes a sigh of relief when the people inside don't seem to notice him.

[dice=Climb]1d20+9

Vindex climbs back down, dropping the last few feet. "Thanks." he mutters. "Alright, we've got at least a few people with cutlasses and leather armor. Doesn't look like a lot of ranged combatants. They've got a woman tied up and gagged on the floor. I would say that's pretty damn suspicious."

"We could always bust down the door and start smashing some heads, but the woman could get hurt. Anyone got any tricky ideas we want to try here?"

"Which door is the woman closest to? Or which door is closet to the mooks? I'd suggest checking if the door is locked and/or trapped first. And given your smooth moves I'll work the door."

@GM: I won't know where to put Arioch until the group decides which door to try.

@Other players: Anyone with a Perception is welcome to either assist or take the lead in searching the door; Arioch's Perception is +8.

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2

"Ha. Ha. Fine. I think it was this one." Vindex points to the door he thinks is closest. "There's a bunch of crates in there, typical warehouse. Going to give a fair amount of cover, everyone be careful not to get caught off guard."

I don't know which door that would be, GM can you put us closest to whichever one Vindex would choose?

Vindex stands to the side while Arioch looks over the door. He takes out his Naginata, but otherwise remains silent unless he thinks he sees something important that Arioch might have overlooked, in which case he will call attention to it.
Aid Perception, DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar makes a cursory check of the east sliding doors.

25 Perception on a take 10 (Vindex's aid is included).

He also casts Detect Magic to see if there are any magical traps on or near the doors.

The east set of doors seems to be the most discrete of all the doors and does not include a peep hole.


Relgar and Vindex work together to inspect the east sliding doors.

Relgar:
You don't detect any magical traps. The east sliding doors look sturdy.

The bound and gagged woman is in the center of the warehouse, and the armed men are scattered about and moving crates. (the scenario doesn't tell me exactly where anyone is, so I'll essentially place them randomly throughout).

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2

"Alright. We throw the door, go in hard and fast, try to overwhelm them before they can react. I'll try to get to the woman and make sure they can't hurt her or use her as a hostage. Everyone good with that?"

Vindex shifts his weight to the balls of his feet, holding his Naginata ready with a hungry, predatory gleam in his eye. "Unless any of you have objections, get to casting any spells you might need. Its go time."

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 3 | hp 25/30| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +6 R +6 W +2 (+3 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnDun +8, KnNat +8, Perc +7, SensM +0 |
*Arioch wrote:

Seeing the weather turn for the worse Arioch retrieves his poncho and puts it on before venturing out into the rain.

Looking at Vindex Arioch will say, "Same thing that went for Fester over there (gesturing at Igor) goes for you - I ain't the hired help."

Igor is taken aback with his uneven number of fingers splayed all pointing back at himself in a gesture signifying "ME!? Really!?" it quickly turns to indignation. He gets in Arioch's face and says "We've only jutht met, but I'll have you know that I am the hired help here, thir."

Fortunately it is raining so it is hard to notice the spray from his lisp.

Igor provides a stable footing as his master climbs up and then again back down.

Vindex Craxos wrote:
"Alright. We throw the door, go in hard and fast, try to overwhelm them before they can react. I'll try to get to the woman and make sure they can't hurt her or use her as a hostage. Everyone good with that?"

"Yeth, Mathter."

"Thcrapth, go up through the window and thee what you can thee."

Hopefully the rain will help cover any noise.

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 21/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

Scraps signs forlornly. From beneath its chitinous back armor Scraps unfurls a pair of giant wasp-like wings they buzz up to speed and flies upward and through the window.

Scraps and Igor share a 1,500' telepathic link. What Scraps knows, Igor knows too. Scraps also has darkvision 60'. So basically he's the Pathfinder equivalent of a modern surveillance drone with night vision.

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Scraps flies up to a broken window and peers inside.

Scraps:
Inside, you see a warehouse that's effectively one large room. Crates are stacked high throughout, leaving only narrow paths between them. Several figures wearing leather armor and with cutlasses dangling from their belts are sorting through the crates, while a bound and gagged woman lays on her side on the floor.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle 2 (Dual Cursed)

With the group getting ready to storm the building, Zarjkil gave a blessing over the group before joining in to begin the assault.

Cast Bless. Just in case primary use of Misfortune is for a crit (18-20, depending on the weapon), next is a serious weapon like a greataxe 14+. Misfortune (Ex) As an immediate action, you can force a creature within 30 feet to reroll any one d20 roll that it has just made before the results of the roll are revealed. The creature must take the result of the reroll, even if it's worse than the original roll. Once a creature has suffered from your misfortune, it cannot be the target of this revelation again for 1 day.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

@GM: Is the door locked? If so Arioch will take 10 on Disable Device for a 21.


As Zarjkil blesses the group, Arioch tries to open the east sliding door--only to find it must be securely barred from the inside!

It would take a good Strength check to force this door open.

Now that bless is up, it'd be a good idea to note the active condition in your tagline. The spell will last 2 minutes.

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2

"Damn. Check the smaller door to see if its got a lock or if its barred too. I'll check the west side loading door."

Vindex moves to the west side and tries to ease the other door open an inch or so to see if it is barred as well.

Should be 4 rounds to get over there and try the door.

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 21/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |

Are the doors merely barred from the inside (i.e. there's an actual bar in place across the doors)? Scraps could fly down and remove it.

Scraps could also carry up and then toss one end of a rope down from the window if folks can make a DC 5 climb check (DC 10 accelerated climb).

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 3 | hp 25/30| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +6 R +6 W +2 (+3 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnDun +8, KnNat +8, Perc +7, SensM +0 |
Vindex Craxos wrote:
Should be 4 rounds to get over there and try the door.

We could double move unless we're are trying to be stealthy, the noise from the rain on the warehouse roof will most-likely cover us on that end.

Igor shrugs ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) and hustles along behind his 'Mathter'.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
Vindex Craxos wrote:

"Damn. Check the smaller door to see if its got a lock or if its barred too. I'll check the west side loading door."

Vindex moves to the west side and tries to ease the other door open an inch or so to see if it is barred as well.

Should be 4 rounds to get over there and try the door.

Arioch goes (with who else?) to the smaller door to check if it is trapped and/or locked.


Investigation shows that the western loading door is also barred from the inside. However, the side door only has a flimsy lock that should be easy to break or pick.

Off camping--back in 48.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None
GM Jhaeman wrote:

Investigation shows that the western loading door is also barred from the inside. However, the side door only has a flimsy lock that should be easy to break or pick.

Off camping--back in 48.

@GM: Don't get eaten by a bear or mountain lion! I watched a couple of episodes of 'I Was Prey' and it wasn't pretty. On a gaming note is the lock "flimsy" enough that Arioch's DD take 10 of 21 is enough to unlock it? After traps have been searched for of course.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 3 | hp 25/30| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +6 R +6 W +2 (+3 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnDun +8, KnNat +8, Perc +7, SensM +0 |
GM Jhaeman wrote:

Investigation shows that the western loading door is also barred from the inside. However, the side door only has a flimsy lock that should be easy to break or pick.

Off camping--back in 48.

2048? ;)


Medium|Rhamphorhynchus (Mauler Familiar)| Buffs: | HP 25/25| AC 15 T 19 FF 19 | CMB +4 CMD 16| F +2 R +7 W +6|Init +3|PER +10/+18 (Scent) Low Light Vision, Scent|Intimidate +4| SM+2|Fly 40' +6 | Speed 10'| Stealth +2|Active Conditions Improved Evasion|

Gregor stays in his master's pocket for now as flying his master around indoors may be tricky if the warehouse is tightly packed with boxes. He waits with anticipation for the upcoming battle.

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar looks around at his teammates. He then asks Arioch.

"Are we ready?"

It would seem that some characters are still not on the map yet.


Arioch goes to work on the flimsy lock on the side door. Whoever installed the lock should get a refund from the manufacturer, because it almost falls apart in the half-orc's hands!

Okay, the door is unlocked. Please finalise your positions and tell me when it is opened.

@Arioch: I live Down Under, so no bears or mountain lions. I did see one lizard and endured a cavalcade of possums snooping around all night, but this were-croc came back in one piece :)

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2

Vindex returns from the east door after verifying it is barred to see Arioch unlock the side entrance. "Good work. I'm ready to rush them when we throw the door."

Vindex readies his Naginata and balances on the balls of his feet, ready to spring into action with a predatory gleam in his eye.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc CN Unc Rogue 2 | HP 19 / 19 | AC 18 / 14 T / 14 FF | CMD 16 | Fort + 5, Ref + 10, Will + 3 Init + 6 | Perception + 8 | (Darkvision 60')| Speed 30 ft. | Conditions: None

@GM: Arioch is by the door and will open it and let Vindex rush in. Down under eh? So a Tasmanian Tiger could've eaten you!

Arioch opens the door (and stands behind it) and gives Vindex a sweeping 'Be my guest' hand gesture.

@GM #2: The other players need to move their tokens onto the map but it sounds like they were around the door the PCs are opening/entering?

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 21/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |
GM Jhaeman wrote:
Scraps flies up to a broken window and peers inside.

Scraps 5' in and 15' up from wherever the broken window is, with a packet of flash powder gripped fast in his pseudo-pod. If there is something to stand on Scraps is standing on it. He can cue Igor in on when would be best to attack.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 3 | hp 25/30| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +6 R +6 W +2 (+3 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnDun +8, KnNat +8, Perc +7, SensM +0 |
Vindex Craxos wrote:

Vindex returns from the east door after verifying it is barred to see Arioch unlock the side entrance. "Good work. I'm ready to rush them when we throw the door."

Vindex readies his Naginata and balances on the balls of his feet, ready to spring into action with a predatory gleam in his eye.

Igor, standing beside his master pulls his big spiked club off his back, and lines it up like a baseball player testing his swing on his master's butt prepared to make sure that his master gets as much acceleration as possible.


On cue, Arioch throws the door open! A startled pirate looks up--"What the--!"

Initiative (Round 1)

Vindex
Relgar

Lionfish
Zarjkil
Igor
Arioch

Bold should go!

The walls of crates are 10' high. They can be climbed with a DC 15 Climb check.

GM Dice:

Initiative (Relgar): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Initiative (Zarjkil): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Initiative (Vindex): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Initiative (Arioch): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Initiative (Igor): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative (Lionfish): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Dark Archive

Male N Gnome Sorcerer 5 (Tattooed Sorcerer) Buffs: | HP 50/50| AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2 CMD 9| F +5 R +3 W +4| INIT +12| PER +14 Darkvision 60' SM+1| Speed 20' |Resist Fire 5|
Resources:
Shirt Reroll 1/1, Dancing Lights 4/4, Flare 1/1, Prestidigitation 1/1, Produce Flame 1/1| Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 5/5

Relgar's eyes sparkle with glee at the thought of all of the boxes burning brightly. He knows he shouldn't but he says a short prayer to Ymeri before dashing behind a crate and releasing a wave of glorious fire at the first poor victim.

Burning Hands,Draconic Bloodline, Reflex DC 17 for half damage: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 2, 2) + 5 = 15


Medium|Rhamphorhynchus (Mauler Familiar)| Buffs: | HP 25/25| AC 15 T 19 FF 19 | CMB +4 CMD 16| F +2 R +7 W +6|Init +3|PER +10/+18 (Scent) Low Light Vision, Scent|Intimidate +4| SM+2|Fly 40' +6 | Speed 10'| Stealth +2|Active Conditions Improved Evasion|

Gregor coos with delight as the flames lick across the room.

@GM Jhaeman - How high is the ceiling in this warehouse in case we would like to fly over the crates?

Scarab Sages

Small Construct 2 HD | hp 21/21 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 13 | F +0 R +2 W +1 | Spd 20', fly 30' (poor) | Init +2 | Perc +6 (darkvision, low-light vision), SensM +1 |
GM Jhaeman wrote:
On cue, Arioch throws the door open! A startled pirate looks up--"What the--!"

One imagines Scraps already on the inside thinking Or they could just do that....

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Varisian) alchemist (chirurgeon, promethean alchemist) 3 | hp 25/30| AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +6 R +6 W +2 (+3 v poison) | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnArc +8, KnDun +8, KnNat +8, Perc +7, SensM +0 |

"Well/ on the pluth thide there'th water." Igor thinks out loud to himself.

Dark Archive

Male | Human (Chelaxian) | Fighter 1/ URogue (Thug) 1 | HP 17/17 | Movement: 20 ft | AC 18, FF 16, T 12 | CMB +5, CMD 17 | Init +4 | F +4, R +5, W +2

Relgar is incredibly fast off the mark, but Vindex rushes in shortly after him and moves forward to press the attack.

Vindex will either move up 3 spaces and attack, or if the enemy goes down from burning hands, he will move up 5 spaces and 1 to the left and ready the attack for when an opponent gets in range. Vindex has 10 ft reach from his Naginata. Go ahead and move him to the right spot based on if the first opponent is still up.

Attack, Bless, Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Sneak Attack?: 1d6 ⇒ 4

If an enemy provokes an AOO from trying to move through Vindex' reach, he will try to trip him.
AOO, Trip, Bless, Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 18

If that enemy tries to stand, Vindex will take another AOO (combat reflexes) and attack.
AOO on Stand, Bless, Power Attack vs. Prone: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

51 to 100 of 420 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XII] GM Jhaeman's PFS1 # 4-15: "The Cyphermage Dilemma" Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.