[SFS 5-03] Combatant's Concerto: Fugue of the Traitor (Inactive)

Game Master cmlobue

Slides
Sign-In Sheet
Mech Combat Rules
Low Subtier with 4-Player Adjustment


51 to 100 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Oh![/]b" says Kultanien.

"[b]I guess that is kind of like us. We want to find ways to help as well. Maybe you could suggest some to me?" she adds.

"Miiyu is so busy and takes such a load onto herself.."


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

"I'm sure Miiyu will find something for you to do once we get to End's Point, but while we're traveling, you may as well enjoy yourselves."

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

Okay, guys. Time to light up. One evening, Yarameh will give a small heavy metal concert on the deck of the ship (thanks to her musical drone, which can replace all her other musicians; it turns out that part of her equipment is configured to work as a color music, which also allows her to arrange a good show).

Profession (Black Metal Artist): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Yarameh deliberately selects songs about freedom and equality, of which there are many in the repertoire of the rebel who ran away from the Apostae (anf she does not perform songs about demon worship this time...).

With your permission I want to try to use this as a check to improve attitude with all (or some) members of the inner circle of our pop diva. If not, well, it seems the performance was still successful, judging by the dice rolls ))


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Unfortunately, the scenario gives specific tasks to improve their attitude, so no help here.

Yarameh's music is very different from Miiyu's, but the half-drow does catch some of the passengers tapping their feet (or feet-analogues) as she plays.

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

A good concert is worth it!


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Eventually, the captain announces your approach to End's Point.

Harsh waves batter the barge back and forth as a low thrum vibrates through the hull. The captain barks a quick order to the crew as the skies darken with clouds. A spear of lightning forks the sky. Miiyu hurries over, exclaiming, “Seems the weather’s taken a turn for the worse! It’s only two more hours to End’s…” Her words are broken off as another crack of lightning strikes, this time colliding with the prow! Other guests tumble onto the deck as the barge heaves.

As a dangerous storm overtakes the barge, the crew quickly ushers passengers below deck. As they do, lightning strikes one of the barge’s large masts, bringing part of the metal pillar crashing down. It tumbles across the deck before jamming in place, knocking four crewmembers aside and pinning another against the deck’s port side.

While Miiyu and her entourage are ushered below decks, Renvir rushes over to help the injured crewmembers.

You can choose to go belowdecks to safety or assist Renvir and the crew. You can help with Diplomacy to calm the guests, Medicine to help with the injured, Athletics or Engineering to move the fallen mast, or other creative solutions you may come up with.

Not Belowdecks and Perception DC 33:
You sense the air growing sharp as another fork of lightning drives down to strike the deck. You can call out a warning, giving everyone time to take cover.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien does her best to try and calm the guests.
"It will be quicker if you don't push. No, don't stop to take a photo, I'm sure the ship cameras will be able to provide you excellent footage."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 18 + (2) + 2 = 37
Not sure if this means being below deck or not.


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

If you're helping, you're not below decks. This is more like being the person near the door that makes sure everyone passes through safely.

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twich stays above deck to try to use her knowledge of engineering to help fix things.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

engineering: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
an additional +4 applies if this counts as repairing a magic item

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

I was in process of typing up a post for during the downtime aboard the boat - is it too late to post it now the action has moved on?

As chaos erupts on the ship's deck, Chk'tarlsh jumps to action. Dashing over to the fallen mast, he lends his strength to assist freeing the pinned crewmember.

"We've got you," he says encouragingly. "Ready? Once we get it lifted, we'll have you out of there in no time."

Athletics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

You'll have a bit more downtime after this scene, so you can post it then.

Chk'tarlsh grabs on to the mast and starts lifting. It is far heavier than he expected, but Twitch gets into the rigging mad jury-rigs it to make it easier to hoist.

Meanwhile, Kultainen organizes the passengers into a semblance of an orderly queue and makes sure no one gets trampled while moving below decks.

Yarameh is up!

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Diplomacy is not what is needed in a critical situation, Yarameh thinks. No, in a moment of danger, discipline and submission are needed. Far from the fact that she applies these rules to herself, but that's another question... Well, let's not crowd! You, don't cut the line! Come in one at a time or I swear I'll throw you overboard without any storm!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Alphabetically: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Yarameh's barking orders doesn't go over as well with passengers who are unaccustomed to being given orders, but they all make it to safety.

Unfortunately, the Starfinders are not so lucky, as another fork of lightning strikes the deck at Twitch's location. The ysoki takes 10d10 + 5 ⇒ (7, 9, 4, 4, 2, 10, 6, 8, 3, 7) + 5 = 65 electricity damage (Reflex DC 18 half).

After the emergency is over, Renvir approaches your group, thanking you for the compassion you showed. He explains that he trained as a surgeon and, since joining the Liberators, has come to specialize in emergency field medicine. He studied on Akiton as part of the university’s exchange policy with the Veskarium, and is willing to discuss his background with you in private.

“My dads wanted me to be a surgeon. They paid for me to attend university on Akiton, I completed a medical degree there and graduated with honors. I’m was one of the youngest in my year group, if you can believe that! It’s like, I know I try to sound like I’ve seen a lot and been to many places, but I’m actually only seventeen.

“I joined the resistance while I was training. You see, during my studies we arranged a student exchange with the Veskarium. I stayed on Vesk-6 for half a year, and I saw one of the, um, pacifications. The Veskarium leveled an entire city block, all to find and take out one group of dissidents. Hundreds of people, killed, just like that. I couldn’t just sit back and do nothing, you know? I did what I could to help the injured, but for most of them it was just too late. It was a hundred times worse than anything I’d been taught in my studies… and all the more terrible because, as far as the Veskarium was concerned, it was justified.

“Do I trust the others in our group? Absolutely! I guess you must’ve gotten off to a rough start with Vokuvi, but he’s got his heart in the right place. He’s seen a lot, I think. I don’t know much about the ixtli, they’re new. I don’t think I’d be where I am today without Eshga. She’s always… she’s… well, she’s kind and I… I mean, um… Never mind…”

You have a couple of hours for healing and interacting before you reach End's Point.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Don't worry Twitch. It's only a bit of singed fur." smiles Kultanien

"Makes you look rugged and dangerous."

Inspiring words, 24 stam back.

"Don't you worry about the people the liberation front hurt?" asks Kultanien of the surgeon in a quiet moment.
"I mean... it takes two to dance... unless it is one of those complex kasatha numbers..."

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

only 8 stamina down, so not going to burn a RP to heal it.

Twitch smiles and whispers her thanks for the encouragement/healing.


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

The barge pulls into the port of a rather rundown town. Old signs hang from diners and drinking establishments, and the streets feel dusty; it’s clear that the glory days of End’s Point are long gone. Miiyu stretches as she disembarks. “Well, this is the last familiar stop before we step into the great unknown. Time to meet and greet some fans.”

As the rest of Miiyu’s entourage disembarks, Miiyu motions for the Starfinders to join her in a discreet location and explains, “While I’m doing the tour promo, I’d like you to recover the coordinates of the bunker. Our contact owns one of the stores in town, so just meet up with her while everyone else is gathering supplies for the trip. Don’t worry, Alfey will go with you; they’ll keep everything on track.”

The town is quiet, with few people out and about and many stores shut for lunch. Vokuvi stays with Miiyu to act as bodyguard, Eshga hurries off to gather supplies for the trip into the Holy Lands, and Renvir makes an awkward excuse to go with Eshga. You are left with Alfey, who smiles warmly. “We’re off to meet the contact. Miiyu’s talked about her; she’s a store owner named Velduar. I’ve got a photo of her on my…” Alfey reaches for their datapad, then stops and chuckles. “Oh, right. Technology doesn’t work this far out. I guess we’re going to have to ask around.”

You need to make a number of skill checks to find your contact. Each check can be attempted only once, but any number of characters may aid the primary check. You do not need to succeed at all of them. The skill checks are:

Athletics to gain the trust of show owners by moving heavy stock.

Bluff to convince people that you are couriers with an important delivery.

Culture to find and focus on Pahtra-owned shops.

Diplomacy to politely and discreetly look for sympathizers.

Disguise to blend in with the locals.

Intimidate to find out about suspected insurrectionists.

Mysticism to perform basic divinations.

Perception to note the shops with the most comings and goings.

Sense Motive to gauge the sympathies of shop owners.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Following the storm...

Chk'tarlsh locates Korvir's quarters and, sitting on the floor opposite the door, settles in to wait for the surly pahtra.

While waiting, he tends to his gear, headphones on. Listening to the audio book narration of How to Make Friends and Influence Beings, he is working through Part 3: How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking.

Pausing in his maintenance of his equipment, Chk'tarlsh jots down some notes into his comms: Principle 8: Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.

Diplomacy (Professional Hireling): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

"I don’t blame you for feelinkh how you do. If I were you I'd feel jusst the ssame way. Trusst hash to be earned. I hope that our actionsh start to build that."

"I saw your work back at Square 3, bodyguardinkh for Miiyu. Everythinkh covered. Textbook. No one knowsh just how hard that ish unlessh they've done it. Puttinkh your life on the line for another'sh safety. Even when their own actionsh make your job harder. More dangeroush."

At End's Point...

"Here, let me help you with that," he says, heping the shop owners move some stock.

Athletics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

And some Aid rolls:

Culture (Aid): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Perception (Aid): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Sense Motive (Aid): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

mysticism: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
if this is IDing a magical item, then add another +4

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien joins the others in helping out around the town.

While not built for combat, her android frame is more than capable of helping move heavy stock around a shop. As a bonus she gets a chance to talk with the storekeeper about the last trip that Miyu had into town..
athletics(aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"It was so lucky that we managed to get a lift on that boat. Us couriers have to take what transport we can, and up here... well.. high tech doesn't work so well. Some of the stories I could tell..."
bluff: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 18 + (4) + 2 = 34

"Speaking of which. I am looking for a particular Pahtra. I think they own a shop - any idea who that might be?"
culture: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 18 + (5) + 2 = 44

The next shop on she spots a Pahtra and chats with them for a bit. "Gosh, this place is nice and quiet. Must help having so few vesk around..."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 + (3) + 2 = 24

When Twitch starts to perform a divination, Jopsie watches with interest, helping to arrange the incense in alignments with the local ley lines.
mysticism a(aid): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

I'll hold off disguise/intimidate/perception and SM checks for the moment to give others a chance to shine as well. This scenario really plays the Kultanien's strengths - so far.


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

The bodyguard is Vokuvi. Assuming that's who you want to talk to.

Vokuvi looks up at Chk'tarlsh. "What's that? My implants have been shorting out since we got near End's Point, so I can barely hear anything."

After the shirren repeats himself, either louder or through telepathy, Vokuvi grumbles, "Your Society has been working with the vesk. One trip with Miiyu won't erase that. As long as you're with us, I'll keep you safe, though." He leave the double meaning lingering in the air.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Yes, I meant Vokuvi. Thanks!

Chk'tarlsh nods in reply. That is understandable, he sends telepathically, mindful of Vokuvi's difficulty with his implants. Politics can be delicate. I'm confident you'll have a clearer picture of our intentions following this mission.

Politics has more layers than an onion, he continues, a hint of wry humour to the sending. And often just as likely to bring tears to my eyes!

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

Yarameh shows for a while what miracles her faith reveals...

Mysticism: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Kultainen schmoozes with the shopkeepers, finding a number of Pahtra-owned businesses that are sympathetic to the cause. Twitch helps by figuring out in advance how some of the visits are likely to go. The Starfinders are able to locate Velduar and recover the coordinates.

On the way to the rendezvous, Alfey speaks with you.

“My people, the ixtli, only recently came into the galactic space; thanks in no small part to your Society. I’m a priest of the Dark Hunter, you see. Our kind are a prey species, other creatures eat us, so our ancestors took to worshipping the act of outrunning and outthinking death itself. Oh, the dark hunter isn’t a god we worship; we revere the act of striving to best it. That’s rather what I saw with the pahtra, and it’s why I came here.

“While on a pilgrimage, I had a vision of the dark hunter. In the vision it took the form of a large reptile, clad in armor, biting down on a cat. But the cat didn’t go quietly; it scratched and clawed with all its might. So, when my people learned of the wider galaxy and I heard of the Veskarium and the pahtra, I knew what I was meant to do. I know I’m not typical for my people. Most wouldn’t want to get involved in such a thing. But I have faith in my purpose.

“You ask about my allies? Yes, I have faith in them as well. Miiyu is a strong leader and very wise. Vokuvi thinks the others are like children, needing strong guidance. He’s rather short-sighted. Renvir and Eshga, well, I doubt even the Veskarium itself could pull those two apart! You’ll excuse me for waxing poetic, but I sense love in the air between those two. Eshga seems to have much love for her family, as she’s often making personal calls to them on her private comm-link. Hm? Oh, yes, she has a private comm-link; I believe it has one of those tech patches, like your gear. Ah, did you think I wouldn’t notice your tech patches? Yes, little gets past my eyes…”

With the coordinates to the military bunker in hand, the Starfinders and the Liberators leave End’s Point behind and begin their overland journey to the Holy Lands. The journey takes weeks because the group must travel on foot: vehicles are volatile on Vesk-6, and Miiyu and her team have little interest in dealing with the unreliability of such “conveniences.” The weather is hot and humid under the shade of the towering jungle trees, and rain is frequent. Flora and fauna are plentiful, and birdsong punctuates most of the journey, as does Miiyu’s persistent singing. Every few days, the group reaches a town and stops as Miiyu visits with fans, performs, and promotes her upcoming album and tour.

You have another chance to interact with members of the entourage, if desired.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

]Well away from the party they are travelling with Kultanien asks the others. "What do you think about Eshga? Have you noticed her using her coms unit at all? She has certainly got a hold on Renvir as well..."

She shakes her head. "Or if Alfey is the traitor... fallen into the actual worship of the Dark Hunter rather than striving to best it... Maybe they are just laying a false lead.."

I hate not trusting people

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twich tries to start up a discussion with Eshga about difficulties getting coms to work here, hoping that she might tell us about what she has and what she uses it for without Twich needing to ask directly.

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

I am impressed by your culture and this cult of avoiding the Dark Hunter. I understand what visions are and... respect that. Let me tell you how I grew up on the legends of Nocticula's rise from Demon Lord to Goddess and how it impressed me and made me seek freedom from drow society...

Mysticism: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Yarameh has a priest theme and want to impress another priest .)

Later:
Can any of you remotely hack Eshga's comm-link?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien gets a free SM check if someoene is under mental control to try and detect it. Just mentioning it...


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Kultainen - Understood. Also, was your comment to the other Starfinders or one or more of the entourage?

Yarameh and Alfey have an interesting discussion about religion and redemption. They are willing to share more about their spiritual journey and how it led to joining the Liberators. Although the ixtli's statements don't tell you any more about who might be a traitor, you do note that they are extremely good at navigation.

Secret Check:
1d20 ⇒ 13

Twich is not really the talky type, and gets little information about the interference in the area that he doesn't already know.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

The comment was to the other Starfinders. My understanding was that, the core don't know about their being a traitor.


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Miiyu checks the coordinates once more and grins. “Good news, Starfinders. We should reach the Shriek within two days. We’ll stop near the edge long enough for you to grab your readings, then circle around for another few days until we reach the bunker. Let’s all rest up for the evening.”

As the sky grows dark, Vokuvi, who sits prodding at a portable campfire, grumbles as his cybernetic arm shudders. He growls in frustration, remarking “It’s mostly magnetic, but the bits of tech in it still get messed up outside of big cities.” He gives the arm a few percussive whacks. The noise rouses Eshga, who hurries over with a small toolbox and offers to help him out. Vokuvi grunts approvingly and offers his arm to her, and she mumbles timid apologies as she works.

Alfey finishes setting up a few sleeping bags and pauses to watch fireflies dance playfully between the trees. “So beautiful,” the ixtli comments. They look over to Renvir and ask, “They’re not dangerous, are they?” At that moment, several branches part ways as a fiery ball of light crackles its way into the clearing. It lashes at the fireflies with thin tendrils, pulling each one into a serrated maw in its core.

Vokuvi sighs and picks up his gun. “No, but that bugger is. More coming in from behind!”

>Slide 7<

Initiative:
”Kultanien Initiative”: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
”Chk’tarlsh Initiative”: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
”Twich Initiative”: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
”Yarameh Initiative”: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
”Red Initiative”: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
”Blue Initiative”: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Round 1 - bolded may go

Yarameh
Twich
Blue
Red
Chk'tarlsh
Kultainen

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

A concert in nature. What could be better. The musical drone flies up, starting to glow and very loudly give out heavy black metal. Yarameh adjusts the microphone near her face and with her legs wide apart, emits a scream perfectly suited to a guitar solo. A sound wave that can literally be seen with the eyes as distorted air emanates from the speaker on her right shoulder. Moreover, a flash of light envelops her at this moment. Real madness and a real rock concert right during the fight. You understand that you would not like to be in the epicenter of a sound explosion there right now - even standing out of reach, it is very overwhelming and overloads your sensors...

Shout Projector + Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 162d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 5) + 11 = 22 - VS earth AC 5 .)
(Explode 10 ft.; Reflex DC19 to half damage)

Awesome Cacophony + Blazing Strike + Grim Trophies:

When you hit a creature within 30 feet of you while using a weapon with the bright weapon special property*, the radiance partially blinds the target, giving it the dazzled condition for 1 round. If you hit multiple creatures at the same time (such as with an automatic, blast, or explode weapon), only the creature nearest to you or at the center of the explosion (your choice if multiple creatures are equidistant) is affected. // After resolving the attack, as part of the full action you can attempt an Intimidate check to demoralize any one creature within 60 feet of you that the attack hit or damaged. // While wearing armor with grim trophies, if you successfully cause a foe to be shaken, the foe applies the –2 penalty from that condition to weapon damage rolls in addition to the other rolls it normally applies to.

*all her weapons has a bright weapon quality (class feature)

Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

So, Red is dazzled for 1 round, plus it could be shaken and, if yes, it has –2 penalty from shaken condition to weapon damage rolls

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twich sighs and send magic missiles at the threatening thing.

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) + 3 = 11


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Reflex Save, Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Reflex Save, Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

There is an Pulonis-shattering kaboom as the creatures are blasted with light and sound. The creature in red manages to avoid the worst of the blast, but is rubbing its eyes (or eye-analogues). It doesn't seem frightened, though.

Twich makes up for the damage Red didn't get from Yarameh with some magic.

The blue-tinted foe approaches the Starfinders and tries to give Twich a headache.

Mind Thrust: 7d10 ⇒ (9, 3, 8, 4, 1, 4, 4) = 33
Will DC 20 half

The reddish foe moves to the north and adds some pyrotechnics to Yarameh's show.

Burning Lash: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 1 = 12
Fire Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 plus Grab

Trying to maneuver its tendril around Chk'tarlsh, it manages only to hit a tree.

Miiyu and her cohorts engage another pair of creatures coming from the north. No effect on your battle, and you can't affect theirs.

Round 1-2 - bolded may go

Yarameh
Twich (-16/33 SP, Will save)
Blue (-22 HP)
Red (-22 HP)
Chk'tarlsh
Kultainen

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Don't Worry Twitch, you've had worse headaches after an abysshead concert." calls out Kultanien.

She then adds in. "But everyone, focus on that red one..."

* inspiring words, heals 24 on Twitch
* Get'em improved +2 to hit red.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Alerted as Yarameh's performance gets underway, Chk'tarlsh turns to sees the crackling balls of light changing toward them.

Before he can react, the creature is upon him, leaving the shirren barely enough time to draw his sword and slash a counter attack.

Opportunistic sintered longsword: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25 w/Get 'Em
Slashing Damage: 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (8, 7) + 11 = 26

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Twich continues the magic missiles
3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 3 = 12

started at 42 SP, takes 20 more so 22 SP, then healed by 24 so currently at 46 SP

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

The heavy metal concert continues!

Shout Projector + Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 202d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 5) + 11 = 17
(Explode 10 ft.; Reflex DC19 to half damage)
Intimidate VS RED: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Dazzled again anyway .)


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Kultainen patches up Twich and encourages the party to attack the reddish creature.

Chk'tarlsh cuts deeply into the creature that appeared close to him.

Reflex Save, Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Reflex Save, Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

This time, both enemies get an earful from Yarameh. This time, Red seems a bit frightened.

Twich puts some magic missiles into Red.

Red continues heading towards Yarameh carfully.

Burning Lash: 1d20 + 12 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 1 - 2 = 15
Fire Damage: 1d8 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13 plus Grab

It is nowhere near its mark.

Blue goes after the shirren.

Burning Lash: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Fire Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 plus Grab

Chk'tarlsh is struck, but manages to avoid being wrapped up.

Round 2-3 - bolded may go

Yarameh
Twich (-10 SP)
Blue (-39 HP)
Red (-77 HP)
Chk'tarlsh (-11 SP)
Kultainen

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"The red one, finish it!"

Improved Get em +2 to hit red
attack vs EAC, IGE: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21
fire damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

GM cmlobue - regarding the Burning Lash, Chk'tarlsh has Resist 5 to fire, if that applies.

Landing his strike on red, Chk'tarlsh spins back to a defensive pose. Anticipating a counter-attack from his quarry, he is a moment too slow in reacting when the creatures both change targets, and blue lashes out at him instead.

Turning to take the lash across his armour, he feels little of the impact.

"On it!" he calls in reply to Kultanien's directions.

Pressing his advantage against a now distracted red, the shirren slashes out with a rapid low-high combo.

Opportunistic sintered longsword 1: 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 4 + 2 = 17 w/Get 'Em
Slashing Damage: 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (7, 1) + 11 = 19

Opportunistic sintered longsword 2: 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 4 + 2 = 21 w/Get 'Em
Slashing Damage: 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (8, 4) + 11 = 23

Should Red go down at any point during his attacks, he will move 5ft to the SW to be diagonally adjacent to Blue, either to take the second attack on blue, or to threaten.

Nimble Fusillade (Ex):
When you make a full attack, you can also either take a guarded step or move up to half your speed. This movement can come before, between, or after your attacks, but it can’t be split up.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Oopse, forgot my laser is 3d4 these days.
extra fire if the 21 hit: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

Yarameh takes a step back, raises her heavy bolter and shoots at red.

Plasma Bolter + Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 232d8 + 11 ⇒ (2, 7) + 11 = 20

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twich keeps up the magic missiles.

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) + 3 = 9


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Kultainen encourages the team to take out the reddish creature, and then demonstrates with a solid hit.

Chk'tarlsh then hacks at it with his sword, and it falls to the ground.

Yarameh quickly switches targets and lands a bolt of plasma on the bluish foe.

Twich puts a bunch of missiles into it.

The remaining enemy goes after Chk'tarlsh.

Burning Lash: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 4 = 9
Fire Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 plus Grab

Burning Lash: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 4 = 16
Fire Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 plus Grab

The shirren has no trouble staying clear of its clumsy attacks.

Round 3-4 - bolded may go

Yarameh
Twich (-10 SP)
Blue (-68 HP)
Red
Chk'tarlsh (-6 SP)
Kultainen

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Okay team we have this! Just the blue critter left to go"

Improved get'em +2 to hit

attack,IGE vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
F damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 4 = 11

She glances over to see how the others are doing with their creatuers.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

"It seemsh you and your friendsh have bitten off more than you could chew," Chk'tarlsh says aloud to the creature. "We will end it swiftly."

In emphasis to his statement, the shirren performs a quick combination of an overhead chop followed by a forward thrust.

Opportunistic sintered longsword 1: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 25 w/ Get 'Em
Slashing Damage: 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (1, 8) + 11 = 20

Opportunistic sintered longsword 2: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 14 w/ Get 'Em
Slashing Damage: 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (1, 7) + 11 = 19


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Kultainen checks on Miiyu and her allies, who are nearly finished with their battle. The distraction keeps her from striking the creature nearby.

Chk'tarlsh brings his blade down on the enemy, though it nimbly avoids the shirren's follow-up.

Round 4 - bolded may go

Yarameh
Twich (-10 SP)
Blue (-88 HP)
Red
Chk'tarlsh (-6 SP)
Kultainen

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

A step and a new shot!

Plasma Bolter + Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 292d8 + 11 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 = 16


| Siege of Serpents | Siege of Enlightenment | Defy the Dragon | Settling Accounts | | Necessary Introductions | ◆◇↺

Yarameh takes down the remaining creature.

Twich (-10 SP)
Chk'tarlsh (-6 SP)

After the combat is over, the Starfinders find Vokuvi laying on the ground, his cybernetic leg having completely given out. Sparks shoot from a joint in the limb, and no one from Miiyu’s group are around. He grudgingly explains that they’re off dealing with the creatures. “One of the lights knocked the servo and—look, just get lost. None of us want you imperialist lapdogs getting in our way.”

You can repair the leg with Engineering, but you think some Diplomacy might be in order first to make him a better patient. You can also choose to leave him for the others when they return.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Well.. perhaps you would at least let this imperialist lapdog give you a hand. You can go back to hating us later on, but for the moment... don't you think we would be stronger working together?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 18 + (2) + 2 = 30

1 to 50 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS 6-03] Combatant's Concerto: Fugue of the Traitor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.