[SFS 5-03] Combatant's Concerto: Fugue of the Traitor (Inactive)

Game Master cmlobue

Slides
Sign-In Sheet
Mech Combat Rules
Low Subtier with 4-Player Adjustment


1 to 50 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

When pahtra pop star and rebel leader Miiyu contacts the Starfinder Society for help securing a base of operations for the Pulonis Liberation Front in the war-ravaged wastelands of Vesk-6, a team of Starfinders is dispatched under cover of researching the dangerous storm known as the Shriek.


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

You begin aboard the civilian transport vessel Determined Stride as the ship leaves the Drift and enters orbit around Vesk-6. Exo-Guardians faction leader Ixthia the Unbreakable has summoned you to a meeting over a meal in the ship’s mess hall. The ship’s chef, a miserable-looking and sarcastic contemplative, serves you bowls of reconstituted bass and steamed squid with crispy seaweed as you await Ixthia.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

A lovely golden android joins the crew embarking on the Stride.

"Missions to the veskarium are always so... interesting."

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

A shirren collects his plate from where the chef is distributing the meals. "Thanksh, it ssmellsh great," he says aloud, mandibles clacking.

Turning, he approaches the table, plate in band, and scoops the seafood dish into his mouth as he walks.

"Not bad," he says, joining the group gathered at the table. "Certainly not ash sour ash their attitude."

The shirren nods in response to the android's comment. "You been there a lot?"

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

A shy little ysoki nibbles on her food, nodding her thanks politely to the chef.


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

The Determined Stride shudders as the vessel leaves the Drift. Time and space waver lightly as reality reasserts itself. At the head of the small dining table, Ixthia cuts their food into tiny pieces and meticulously uses a fork to guide each piece to a different place along their arms. At each point, sets of five short feeding tendrils emerge to absorb the morsel.

Eat It:
It’s very salty and the squid is a little too rubbery, but the bass is nourishing and filling.

Don't Eat It:
The chef grumbles as he clears the bowls away, bemoaning your lack of good taste in fine cuisine.

As the group dines, the ship moves into orbit around Vesk-6, the planet’s large profile filling the port-facing windows of the mess hall.

“Now,” begins Ixthia. “I believe some of you are familiar with the pop star Miiyu. In addition to her stage persona, she serves as one of the leaders of the Pulonis Liberation Front. She has requested the aid of several Starfinder agents for an important assignment. Your mission is to contact her on Vesk-6. Because the Pulonis Liberation Front has a hostile relationship with the planet’s Veskarium rulers, the Society has arranged a cover story for you. As far as the Veskarium is concerned, you’re here to undertake a scientific survey mission to the Shriek. Any questions?”

Kultainen, which boxes are checked on your chronicle from 4-06?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanin, in spite of not really needing food, partakes of the delicacies offered. In her experience, meals are a time for diplomacy and discussion as much and possibly more so, than a place to satisfy apetites.

I messed up. I played 3-11 on a different character. Not done 4-06 at all.

"Are we not aligned with the Veskarium?" asks the golden android.

"Working behind their backs and against their interests seems a poor way to maintain good relations with such a powerful empire..." she adds, her voice giving not a hint of disapproval, just a dispassionate comment.

Waiting for an answer she will then add "Can you tell us more about this "cover" mission. Is it a real survey we will be undertaking at the same time?"


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Ixthia answers Kultainen's questions.

“The Veskarium are largely unaware that the Society is sympathetic to the pahtra’s plight, so we want to provide them aid while also keeping our noses clean with the Vesk and avoiding any potential military conflict. The Pulonis Liberation Front is a potential ally, but they are not a blameless organization, as some of their members have turned to terrorism to drive home their goals. The Society doesn’t believe the end justifies the means when innocent civilians become casualties, and Miiyu agrees.”

“The Society has requested permission from the Veskarium Research Council to undertake scientific scans of a phenomena on Vesk-6 known as the Shriek. We know perilously little about the phenomena, other than that it is a type of storm which rages in perpetuity across the desolate region of the planet. We believe it to be magical in nature, but beyond that we know very little. That’s your cover. All your paperwork is in order.”

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

During the meal, the smell of food could be felt a little worse because of the smell of cigarettes. A half-drow, in black leather and latex, sits and listens to heavy metal in earphone and it roars so loudly that you can hear it as if it's not earphone but speakers. It seems that the long-eared rocker herself is quite happy with this and, pouring whiskey into her morning coffee, shakes her head quite to the beat of the music, lighting a cigarette from a cigarette.

Culture DC20 to recognize in it the star of the underground black/death metal scene. Mysticism DC25 to understand from the symbolism of her jewelry that she worships Nocticula and her concerts are probably also worships, whether the listeners understand it or not.

At the briefing, she takes out one earphone and even makes the music a little quieter. Revolution is not for pop girls. Revolution is always rock. No wonder she needs help. By the way, do we know what exactly we're going to do? What is the aid?


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Seeing as copaxi are a race with highly developed senses of smell, Yarameh is not surprised that Ixthia seems uncomfortable with her habits. “The request came through on a coded channel and it’s very vague. Make contact with Miiyu; that’s your first objective. See what she needs and help her out. If you can get scans of the Shriek, that’s a bonus.”

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

Ok, no more questions. Maybe I'll even teach her to listen to her normal music? Hah! However, I am always in favor of kicking the ass of some tyranny. She puts the second earphone back in and starts checking her hefty plasma bolter, singing along to some song about a painful death under torture deep in the Abyss...

I wonder how this scenario should be played by a player with the character "vesk patriot?" .)) A rhetorical question.

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

"We will certainly do our best. The pahtra need their freedom to be themselves."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

culture: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 18 + (1) + 2 = 25
Kultanien eyes up Yarameh with interest.
must: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
A previously unnoticed lab-coat and heavily bespeckled woman steps forward and whispers in Kultaniens ears.

The golden androids eyes widen a little

"I suppose your, ahh, concerts.. must be quiet the.. event." smiles Kultanien. "Let me introduce Josie here. She is my personal assistant and doctor of... well... lots of technical areas."

The lab-coat wearing woman blushes and says nothing.

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

Yes, it is. Come to my concert, I'll take you backstage later. And your friend, too. I don't summon demons like Abysshead at concerts, but my band's energy is really special. Like in the VIP zones of Alushinyrra skyscrapers, if you know what I mean. At the last words, she winks at Josie.


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Ixthia directs the PCs to a daunting database of information on Vesk-6 and news articles on the Pulonis Liberation Front. News articles originating from within the Veskarium are appropriately severe in relation to the crimes committed and footage of apprehended rebels facing public execution are aplenty.

Culture:

10+:
Vesk-6 is a planet that has borne the brunt of military conquest at the hands of the Veskarium. While it boasts a few large cities, most of the populace lives in settlements no larger than small towns. The population is predominantly pahtra. These indigenous pahtras typically refer to their planet by its pre-conquest name, Pulonis. Military occupation of the planet continues to this day. While the vesk maintain their position as the ruling class, the planet has become more multicultural with the passage of time.

15+:
Miiyu is one of several leaders of the Pulonis Liberation Front, an organization that aims to restore pahtra rule over the planet, and she has been working to eject the group’s more zealous and extremist members. Her actions of late have borne fruit, as more citizens of the planet have become sympathetic to the liberation cause. She hopes to use her pop star fame as a springboard for influencing positive cultural change. Her last album, Information High, sold extremely well across the Veskarium.

20+:
Outside of the urban areas on Vesk-6 are numerous uninhabited regions, a result of past military bombardment. The planet’s uninhabited regions include the irradiated Holy Lands, where great cities once stood. As a result of the planet’s strong magnetosphere, most technology common to the Pact Worlds doesn’t function. Many scientists theorize that the magnetosphere’s strength may be connected to the Shriek, a particularly brutal storm which rages perpetually and is thought to be partially magical in origin.

25+:
Several expelled members of the Pulonis Liberation Front have begun to form their own organizations. Rumors across the datasphere speculate that unknown backers who hope to destabilize relations between the pahtra and vesk are funding these extremist splinter groups. No one knows how many extremists remain in the PLF.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

culture: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 18 + (5) + 2 = 32

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Well... I certainly hope we are not caught up too much in these troubles." sighs the golden diplomat.

"Vesk-6 is a planet that has borne the brunt of military conquest at the hands of the Veskarium. While it boasts a few large cities, most of the populace lives in settlements no larger than small towns. The population is predominantly pahtra. These indigenous pahtras typically refer to their planet by its pre-conquest name, Pulonis. Military occupation of the planet continues to this day. While the vesk maintain their position as the ruling class, the planet has become more multicultural with the passage of time." she starts.

"Now, from what I have heard, Miiyu is one of several leaders of the Pulonis Liberation Front, an organization that aims to restore pahtra rule over the planet, and she has been working to eject the group’s more zealous and extremist members. Her actions of late have borne fruit, as more citizens of the planet have become sympathetic to the liberation cause. She hopes to use her pop star fame as a springboard for influencing positive cultural change. Her last album, Information High, sold extremely well across the Veskarium. Let us hope none of those evicted members bear a grudge" she continues.

"Outside of the urban areas on Vesk-6 are numerous uninhabited regions, a result of past military bombardment. The planet’s uninhabited regions include the irradiated Holy Lands, where great cities once stood. As a result of the planet’s strong magnetosphere, most technology common to the Pact Worlds doesn’t function. Many scientists theorize that the magnetosphere’s strength may be connected to the Shriek, a particularly brutal storm which rages perpetually and is thought to be partially magical in origin." She turns to Ixthia. "Can you detail any more the type of technology we are likely to see malfunction? Weapons, armor? Computers?"

"I learned that several expelled members of the Pulonis Liberation Front have begun to form their own organizations. Rumors across the datasphere speculate that unknown backers who hope to destabilize relations between the pahtra and vesk are funding these extremist splinter groups. No one knows how many extremists remain in the PLF. Oh my, this could get nasty."


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Ixthia rises from the table and reaches into a pouch. “These are for you.” They place a stack of small blue squares onto the table. Each square’s surface is etched with circuitry. “A gift from Celita. We found these in the vaults. Old tech, dating back to the Society’s early days. Attach them to your weapons and armor; they’ll counteract the planet’s electromagnetic interference. There should be enough for each of you, but they’re Starfinder tech, so don’t go showing them off.”

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Even though Twich almost never uses her weapon, she still attaches the blue squares as directed.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien does likewise. "Will I need one for myself?" she asks Ixthia. "Are there any reported issues with android bodies malfunctioning? Or do our souls protect them?"


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

"We know very little about the area, so it probably wouldn't hurt for you to apply one of the patches to yourself. If you choose not to... anything that malfunctions returns to working order when it leaves the area, so just make sure the team is prepared to get you out at any sign of problems."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Kultanien takes a patch and applies gives it to Jopsie, who applies it to the middle of her finely sculptured back.

"Oh... it tickles!"

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

Great. Yarameh glues patches not only on weapons and armor, but also on a flying musical drone tuned to look like a small mechanical demon. My faithful companion. You can't do a good concert without it!


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Before you leave, the cook asks each of you if you enjoyed your meals.

You all need to answer, but don't want to hold things up just for that.

It takes an hour for the customs agent, a jovial young vesk woman, to complete her checks of the “research group’s” paperwork, but she eventually confirms everything is in order and waves the Starfinders through. The streets of the starport are bustling, lined with shops and eateries. Many pahtra citizens, along with numerous other species, hurry back and forth. The entire port has a busy and cosmopolitan feel to it, though armored vesk peacekeepers are evident everywhere.

Your first task is to find Miyu, which you can do with Perception or Diplomacy.

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

Sure! It would be a good snack for beer! I'll take it next time and it will come out perfect.

to find Miyu: Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"I particularly liked the crispy seaweed" notes Kultanien.
"The texture was most unusual."

-=-=-=-

Heading toward the local music media outlet, Kultanien eyes up a poster of Miyu, waiting until another fan comes by.

"So cool! I heard she might be on planet..."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 18 + (2) + 2 = 41


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

I need Chk'tarlsh's and Twitch's opinions on the food.

Kultainen hears about a concert Miyu is putting on in Square 3, a communal area of the port. The Starfinders collect directions and make it there in time to see the last few songs of the concert.

The crowd is dense in Square 3, surrounding a temporary stage with several large placards displaying a lively image of a colorfully dressed pahtra against a star-filled rainbow backdrop. Standing in the center of the stage, the same pahtra holds a microphone and belts out a lively song. Her music reaches a crescendo, at which point holoprojectors shower the audience with an aurora of glittering starlight. The pahtra singer finishes and, taking a bow while the audience cheers, responds, “Thank you! That was Wanna be an Angel, and it’ll be on the upcoming album.”

You are clearly not going to be able to get her attention from within the crowd. You can use Acrobatics or Athletics to try to reach her. Other options may work, but remember that you are surrounded by emotional civilians.

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twich assures the chef the food is delicious. With the reputation ysoki have for eating everything, no one should be surprised.

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twich tries to get her attention with pretty light patterns from token spell.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

Image link seems to be blocked.

"Hey, Twitch, can you make it look like I have a holy aura and wings?" asks Kultanien.

Kultanien rises into the air her arms outstretched. Slowly she walks above the crowd toward the singing pahtra.

"Beautiful!"

Using my force soles mk II. If she has just sung Wanna be an Angel, hopefully this might get her attention!


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Yep, helps if I share. Please look at our lovely pahtra friend, and add your tokens, perception and initiative to the slides.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Chk'tarlsh polishes off the final morsels of the meal and gently pushes his plate away from him. With a contented sigh he pats his abdomen and turns his attention to the briefing.

Nodding his head to the points raised, he adds, mandibles waving and clacking, "We had to deal with ssome pahtra ekxtremistsh on my lasst mission to the Vesskarium."

Pausing briefly, he shakes his head, antennae drooping. "It wash not our choice, but they were dispersed to the Between."

"I don't agree with their methodsh, but I can undersstand their motive - I would also risse againsst any who tried to take away my freedom to choosse," he finishes, fist clenched, antennae twitching.

As the briefing wraps up, he notices the chef lingering close by. "Thanksh, I enjoyed the meal. Esspecially the squid - somethinkh to really sink my mandiblesh into."

Following Kultanien's leads to Square 3, Chk'tarlsh is amazed by the mass of beings gathered for the performance. Bopping to the music as they try to navigate the crowd, he applauds as the song concludes and Miiyu begins the speak.

Remembering the reason for their attendance, he feels growing apprehension about the thronging fans.

With a firm nod to his companions, he joins in the effort to make their presence known to the pahtra performer.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Then

The chef, beaming as you praise his work, happily provides the party with two mk 3 riot grenades, two ultra-capacity batteries, and two mk 3 serums of healing.

Now

The Starfinders (mostly Kultainen) make a spectacle of themselves, and Miyu deftly thanks them for their support and directs them to a queue where fans are lining up for her autograph. When the party reaches the front of the line, she hands them a paper with her autograph, thanks them again, and moves on to the next concert-goer.

Upon investigating the paper, the PCs notice that Miiyu’s autograph is written on the back of a leaflet advertising a new hotel. She has written a number next to her name: 7A.

The hotel is a rustic down-and-out affair on the edge of town—certainly not the type commonly associated with pop idols. The wooden front door is loose, and a mound of dust nestles in the corner of the main room. A stairway leads to the upper floors. From outside the door marked 7A, an argument is audible. “Starfinders?” echoes a voice from inside the room. “Really? You honestly think we need their help?”

Miiyu is engaged in a heated argument with another pahtra whom you saw earlier, acting as her bodyguard. He close to Miiyu, shouting angrily. “We don’t need help!” he argues. “And we certainly don’t need the help of those imperialist lapdogs.”

“The Starfinder Society is a neutral party,” Miiyu retorts. “Their position with the Veskarium is … ah, here they are. Welcome, welcome!”

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twitch smiles warmly, hoping someone less shy will do the talking.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Our position with the Veskarium is... complicated." smiles Kultanien, offering a diplomatic conclusion to the sentence.

"Thank you so much for the invitation Miiyu. I know you have fans all over the Pact worlds. And the concern was certainly a great event to attend."

She beams a smile at the bodyguard. "And nobody said you *needed* any help at all. But help can be appreciated even when not strictly speaking being needed. I'm Kultanien by the way. " she adds, extending a golden hand.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 + (4) + 2 = 33


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Miiyu ushers the Starfinders into the room. As she does, Vokuvi looks over each of you derisively, scowling. “Excuse me,” he snarls to Miiyu, “I’ve got to go and get some air. It suddenly smells like wet dog in here.” With that, he shoves his way past you and storms from the room.

Taking a deep sigh, Miiyu regains her composure. “Don’t mind him,” she says. “Vokuvi’s not the most trusting of sorts and hasn’t yet seen the benefit your organization can offer. You’re risking a lot by coming here, so please don’t think we don’t appreciate it. Let me introduce the rest of the inner circle of the PLF.” She motions to the others in the room, introducing Renvir, Eshga and Alfey.

Alfey brews everyone a cup of hot tea while Miiyu gestures for the Starfinders to sit.

“Okay,” announces Miiyu, “the reason we called the Society for aid is quite simple: one of our contacts has discovered a large bunker and passed the intel onto us. From what we’ve gathered, we know it’s a secure military bunker located somewhere in the Holy Lands. This isn’t just a chance to grab some equipment. A site like this would make a perfect home base for the resistance. That’s our objective.”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Who or what occupies the bunker at the moment?" asks Kultanien.

"And how did your contact come to learn of it?"

She sighs. "I hate to be suspicious, but doesn't this sound a little... convenient?"

Acquisitives

f CN half-drow (human, elf, necrograft) Soldier 8 [Priest of Nocticula] | sp 55/78 | hp 60/60 | rp 8/10 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+8 R+10 W+7 [+2 vs enchantments & blindness/deafness effects] | Init +10 | Perc +14 | DV60'

I support her every question. It looks suspicious. Plus, we should know what we might encounter. Yarameh is sitting by the window with a bolter on her lap. While she's talking, she hardly looks at the others, only out the window. She clearly expects that this gathering will be revealed soon. It seems like home again. Betrayal on betrayal. Treason on treason. You can't trust anyone, a thought slips through the half-drow's head and causes a smile.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"And when you say a military bunker... can I assume it is not one that is currently occupied by elements of the veskarium?" she clarifies.

"That is... it is a former military bunker. If it were a current one, your PLF would surely not long survive a full on confrontation with the veskarium..."


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Eagerly, Eshga glances up from a book on local geography. “It’s super exciting! Our contact has the exact coordinates for the bunker, and the region it’s in has very low background radiation and magnetic interference. It would make an excellent base for us…” She then looks around, realizing her excitement got the better of her, and apologizes.

“I won’t lie,” states Miiyu, “That’s why we’ve come to you. We don’t know what threats we might encounter along the way, both inside the bunker and on the journey there. My cover here is that of a promotional tour, but it would be very awkward for all involved if I were to go missing during a trip into the Holy Lands. So in return for your help, we’re happy to offer first pick of any military tech you find in the bunker… within reason, that is.”

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twich is clearly thinking, considering the instructions the team was given, and what we know about this bunker.

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Chk'tarlsh steps aside to let Vokuvi pass. He watches the departing oahtra for a moment before turning back to the others

I'm Chk'tarlsh," the shirren, says aloud, joining the introductions. Although many prefer to call me Charles, he adds telepathically, a hint of amusement in the sending.

He nods agreement with Kultanien's queries. "Regardinkh our official mission - what can you tell ush of the Shriek?"

He hesitates, aware of the likely sensitive nature of his next question. "And what of the PLF splinter groupsh Kultanien heard of? Are they likely to be a problem for ush?"


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

“Ah of course, your Society has a mission of exploration and understanding the cosmos. The route we’ll be travelling takes us relatively close to the Shriek. So it’s only a slight deviation from our route, and I’m more than happy to stop nearby so you can do any scans you like. It’ll be like a sight-seeing tour!”

As the discussion winds down, Miiyu claps her hands together. “Okay, everyone, get plenty of rest. We’ll be catching the early tram tomorrow. I’ll arrange for the press to discover the Starfinders will be accompanying me on the promotional tour. As you’ve gained some esteem for your heroics, your presence should improve our reputation in the eyes of the Veskarium.”

With that, the other three rebels begin to leave. Alfey bows his head respectfully to each Starfinder in turn. Eshga rises to leave but accidently trips, sending several of her books everywhere. Renvir hurries to help her. For a moment, the two reach for the same book; she looks at him and giggles, and Renvir stammers, becoming tongue-tied. Once they leave, Miiyu slides the door closed, listens at the door for a time, and then turns back.

“We’re alone,” Miiyu whispers. “Here’s the real reason I called for your help. As you know, we Liberators have been working hard to expel our more extremist elements. We can’t be thought of as a terrorist organization; it harms the legitimacy of our goals and gets innocent people hurt. It’s been a long and challenging road, but I believe we’ve been able to isolate and expel most of the rot. Most—not all. That’s why I’ve turned to you. You’ve met my inner circle. I believe one of them has been radicalized by extremist elements. Frankly, I need your help to figure out which one.”

Exo-Guardians

Male CG shirren mercenary soldier 7 | SP: 63/63 HP: 19/55 RP: 5/8 | EAC:25 KAC:27 [ Resist: 7 (Slashing), 5 (cold, fire)] | F:7 R:7 W:7 | Init: +9 | Speed: 40 ft | Perc:+9, SM: +2, Blindsense 30 ft, Darkvision 60ft | Active Conditions: -
Abilities/Consumables:
Laser rifle 39/40 | Arc caster 20/20 | Pistol 9/9 | Shuriken 10/10 | Frag grenade I 1/1 | Serum healing mk I (2) | Communalism 1/1

Chk'tarlsh turns to look where the group had just departed.

"What makesh you suspect one of them?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

"Which one gained the lead to this bunker ?" asks Kultanien.

"I would really like to know more about it. "

She thinks for a while. "If the Shriek has a audible component to it, then a trip to witness it first hand would almost count as research for you, wouldn't it? Background sounds?"


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

“I’ve been trying to find the source of the radicalized elements in the resistance. Three weeks ago, I was contacted by a trusted ally who told me that he believed the source of this radicalization originates from a member of my inner circle. I arranged to meet this source, but by the time I got to him, he’d been killed.” Miiyu shudders. “I trust my inner circle, Starfinders. That’s why they’re close to me. I can’t discount this threat, but my objectivity is… well, I need an impartial pair of eyes. That’s where you come in.”


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

After Miiyu answers the Starfinders’ questions, she asks you to meet her and her entourage tomorrow morning. She offers them the room they’re currently in as a place to rest, as she has a separate room arranged for herself.

The next morning, Miiyu gives a friendly wave as she hurries down the hallway of the hotel, holding out several plastic mugs of flavorful coffee. “We leave in an hour. Your tickets for the journey have all been arranged. We’re moving by barge to End’s Point, a large town at the border of the Holy Lands. The route takes us through several other cities. I’ll be making tour stops along the way to market my new album. Don’t worry, it’ll be uneventful for you. Your job begins once we arrive at End’s Point. Until then, just enjoy the ride, I guess. Don’t worry, the barge has excellent meals and a lovely view.”

Before you set off, Miiyu gives the group a tactical nanite thrower.

The barge is a large, sailed pleasure yacht, which moves at a deceptively swift pace across the water. From the deck, you have an exceptional view: rolling hills cover the distance, and the sky broadens above them in a myriad of hues. When night falls, the planet is bathed in a soothing purple shade.

The captain of the barge is an elderly, gray-furred skittermander, Captain Rudfuz, who’s surly and gives the impression he’s seen far too much in his long life. Captain Rudfuz despises helping and grumbles that he’s “not a tour guide” or gripes that “passengers are so needy these days.” Any requests for help result in further moaning. The rest of the crew, however, are more than happy to assist the Starfinders in any way they require. The skittermander crewmembers are especially eager. They hope to one day remind their captain of the joys of helping though their own deeds, a tactic that only serves to irritate him even further.

This part of the scenario is somewhat self-guided. You can interact with the members of Miiyu's entourage (though Vokuvi actively tries to avoid you), and there will be some events that allow you the chance to improve your standing in their eyes. As soon as you think you have identified the traitor, you can confront them.

Sense Motive DC 20:
None of the entourage trusts you because of your status as Starfinders.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Envoy-10: SP 100/100; HP 84/84; RP 12/12; reroll(+2) 1/1; mk 3 serum of healing 1/1; KAC 25 (DR 5/-); EAC 25 (resist F&C/5); Perc +13; SM +11(+1d6+2) (KEEN OBSERVER); Init +3; Fort +11 (IGF 1/1); Ref +11; Will +11 (IIW 1/1);

SM: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + (3) + 2 = 23
After the first day of trying to make small-talk with Miiyu's inner circle, Kultanien calls aside the rest of the team. "Us being STarfinders is really inhibiting them. They don't trust the organization, and thus us."

That said, she does try to get some time alone with Eshga. "What is up with you and Renvir?" she asks.
"It looks to me as if he is quite keen on you.."

Dataphiles

ysoki technomancer (arcanamirium sage)/scholar 9 | SP 63/63 HP 47/47 | RP 10/10 | EAC 26; KAC 27 | F+7; R+7; W+7 | Init+8 | Perc+10

Twich politely watches the grumpy skittermander, wondering what could have happened to him.


| Defy the Dragon | ◆◇↺

Eshga, who is packing bags almost to bursting with supplies for the expedition, seems to blush when Renvir is brought up, though it is hard to tell against her orange fur. "Oh, we are just working together. Well, I'm trying, though I know I don't pull my weight as well as I could. Really, I'm more of an artist, but that talent extends to mapmaking, and you can see why that would be helpful. There's hundreds of people who can do that, though, so I do what else I can to help."

1 to 50 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS 6-03] Combatant's Concerto: Fugue of the Traitor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.