[Outpost VI] PFS 8-24 Raid on Cloudborne Keep (Inactive)

Game Master cmlobue

Slides
Sign-In Sheet


251 to 300 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 8/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26(16 t, 21 f) | CMB +6 CMD 21 | F:+8, R:+15, W:+16 | Init +11 | Perception +11, Darkvision, Sense Motive +16 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells Cast: 1: 0/6, 2: 0/6, 3: 0/4 | Panache 8/8

knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dark Archive

Stealth +21/22(Swamps),+6 Init, +18 Perception, Bombs left-16 of 16 Wayang Alchemist(Grenadier) 9 HP 75/75 AC:21(29)/FF17/T15 F+11/R+13/W+6,

K:Arcana, Amateur Investigator: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 18 + (6) = 26

Ghukar took a glance at the new foes, trying to get an idea about them.

Ugh. Lets go with Special defenses, Worse save then Special attacks depending on what I know about them.

Grand Lodge

Active:
Mage Armor (uflur) 1h, Longstrider Bom 1h
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 9 | AC 29* T 14 FF 21 | HP 84/ 94| F +11 R +12 W +9 | Init +5* | Perc +14*; Survival +14*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 75 (HD 8) | AC 29* T:14 FF:24 CMD 29| F:+11; R:+9; W:+2 | Bite +12/+7 (1d8+10)

FYI, Bom is still wearing his amulet of elemental strife


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Volsung has no idea what he is looking at, but Ghukar can identify them as cloud golems, which are constructs. They are immune and all magics that can be resisted except control winds (daze), gust of wind and wind wall (slow) and alter winds (damage). Any electricity damage will leave them unharmed and speed their movements. Their worst save is Fortitude, and their only special attacks are dealing both bludgeoning and electricity damage with their slams.

...and then they remember that they have somewhere else to be (optional encounter, and we are definitely over time) and float away into the distance. The Pathfinders can enter the lift without issue.

Before doing so, they check the last doors. The large room's only furnishings are two nests constructed out of stone and carefully arranged cloud matter. A section of stone outer wall is missing, and cloudwall repairs the gap. Nothing useful is located within.

With the sound of rushing wind, the elevator descends rapidly. After falling hundreds of feet and passing several other floors, the elevator finally settles upon a solid surface, and its gates fly open.

>Slide 6<

A narrow landing protrudes into a cavernous cylinder, apparently the entire bare interior shell of the tower. Its massive span is only exceeded by its depth, as it plummets two hundred feet into a raging storm. A roaring sheath of wind and churning clouds like a tornado’s funnel conceals the tower walls.

Throughout the length of the tower, stone balconies protrude from the vortex into the central shaft. Floating in the general center of the hall is a dark mass of clouds shaped into a throne. At the tower’s base, a tremendous ultramarine sigil glows brilliantly, spinning in time with the storm around it. Periodically, lightning bolts erupt from it, dancing up and down the height of the throne room like deranged courtiers.

The ledges form a rough staircase, each level 20 feet below the next. The room’s total height is 300 feet—100 feet above the bottom of the elevator shaft and grasping storm’s throne, and 200 feet below it. The elevator you are on is level with platform A, but not connected to it, and the throne is at the same height as platform F.

The penned storm creates continuous moderate wind effects in the hall, with significantly stronger effects within 5 feet of the walls. The wind direction is indicated by the arrows. Arcana, Religion, Nature or Spellcraft to learn something about this.

Although they do not seem prepared for a battle, the creature on the throne sees the elevator open and immediately recognizes that you are not the mercenaries it hired. It roars with a voice appropriately like thunder, "How dare you material beings dared set foot into Purest Air unbidden. Siveya, Tekkal - show these things the proper role of all flesh. Make them rot!"

Initiative:
”Zirul Initiative”: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
”Bom Initiative”: 1d20 ⇒ 18
”Ashwell Initiative”: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
”Volsung Initiative”: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
”Ghukar Initiative”: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
”Boss Initiative”: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
”Circle Initiative”: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
”Pentagon Initiative”: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Round 1 - bolded may go

Volsung
Bom
Ashwell
Boss Monster
Pentagon
Zirul
Ghukar
Circle
Hazard

You are likely to need to make checks to move most places. Gravity is currently down for each of you. Wind is currently moderate and counterclockwise. Interesting physics happen if you enter a square within 5 feet of a wall.

Interesting Physics:
You experience winds over 100 miles per hour. This produces effects that are identical to being in a hurricane (Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook 439). Creatures that are blown away roll around the tower walls in a counterclockwise direction. Escaping the hurricane requires you to succeed at a DC 20 Fly check as a part of movement or to brace yourself against the wall and shove outward with a successful DC 10 Strength check as a standard action. You can also use subjective directional gravity to orient yourself so the opposite wall is ‘down,’ automatically falling out of the storm. Alternatively, you can reorient yourself to make a wall ‘down’ and stand upon it, but Medium or smaller creatures need to attempt Strength checks as normal for hurricane force winds to avoid being blown away.

Planes to identify the boss, Local for the other two.

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 8/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26(16 t, 21 f) | CMB +6 CMD 21 | F:+8, R:+15, W:+16 | Init +11 | Perception +11, Darkvision, Sense Motive +16 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells Cast: 1: 0/6, 2: 0/6, 3: 0/4 | Panache 8/8

I’ve been waiting for us to get to this room.

Our well-prepared young aasimar pops a potion of flying out of one of his spring-loaded wrist sheaths, which he quickly gulps down. He then flits over to platform A where he hovers inches above it.

knowledge(arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 To learn something about the wind here.

Fly: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

Know. Arcana re wind 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
Know. Planes re boss 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Volsung flies to the first platform.

Ashwell realizes that a rune at the bottom of the chamber is controlling the winds. It can be dispelled or disabled as a magical trap, or the floor under it could be destroyed.

He is not sure about the creature on the throne.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

Ash casts Dispel Magic on the runs, trying to make things easier on his team.

Dispel check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Folio reroll on that dispel check, please 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Grand Lodge

Active:
Mage Armor (uflur) 1h, Longstrider Bom 1h
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 9 | AC 29* T 14 FF 21 | HP 84/ 94| F +11 R +12 W +9 | Init +5* | Perc +14*; Survival +14*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 75 (HD 8) | AC 29* T:14 FF:24 CMD 29| F:+11; R:+9; W:+2 | Bite +12/+7 (1d8+10)

Waiting to see what the dispel magic does. I assume it's been less than 6 minutes and Lead Blades is stil lup. Bom figures electricity is going to be factor and casts resist energy on himself...versus electricity.

Will try to make any Recall checks against our foes...not sure what applies


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Ashwell, you will need to move a bit before you can cast - the rune is 200 feet below the elevator, and your dispel magic has a range of 190 feet. I'll let you keep the roll, though.

Bom, he main enemy is Planes and the others are local.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

Well heck, I guess I’ll have to wait for a round to be able to dispel then.

Ash casts Haste on the team, including himself and jumps over to platform A, trying to get closer to the range for his dispel magic.

Gm, I think with Ash’s +11 on acrobatics and his enhancement from Haste, that he can’t fail to make a 10’ jump to platform A. If I’m wrong , please let me know. Thanks!


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Volsung grants himself the ability to fly (presumably? You didn't name the potion) and starts circling the room.

Bom protects himself from the lightning he expects to find here.

Ashwell enhances the Pathfinders and moves to the first platform.

The large monster fires two blasts of wind at the Pathfinders.

Air Blast vs. Volsung: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 17 - 2 = 35
Bludgeoning Damage: 6d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 3, 4, 1) + 10 = 27

Air Blast vs. Ashwell: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 - 2 = 21
Bludgeoning Damage: 6d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 6) + 10 = 42

Both of you must make a DC 19 Fortitude save or be permanently deafened.

One of the smaller creatures casts a spell, and the area around the throne is filled with mist.

Round 1 - bolded may go

Volsung (-27 HP, fly, haste, Fort save)
Bom (resist electriciy, haste)
Ashwell (-42 HP, haste, Fort save)
Boss Monster (-4 ???)
Pentagon
Zirul (haste)
Ghukar (haste)
Circle
Hazard

Dark Archive

Stealth +21/22(Swamps),+6 Init, +18 Perception, Bombs left-16 of 16 Wayang Alchemist(Grenadier) 9 HP 75/75 AC:21(29)/FF17/T15 F+11/R+13/W+6,

Seeing that it will take some time for him to get down to a point he could start lofting alchemical bombs, Ghukar turned into a small shadowy form and tried to remember what he had seen before the cloud of mist appeared.
Use Dissolution's Child

K:Local: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (1) = 21
K:Planes: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (1) = 11

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

Fort save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Grand Lodge

Active:
Mage Armor (uflur) 1h, Longstrider Bom 1h
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 9 | AC 29* T 14 FF 21 | HP 84/ 94| F +11 R +12 W +9 | Init +5* | Perc +14*; Survival +14*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 75 (HD 8) | AC 29* T:14 FF:24 CMD 29| F:+11; R:+9; W:+2 | Bite +12/+7 (1d8+10)

Bom has +0 for Planes and Local, so he wouldn't even attempt a check. FYI, should also have Barskin and Lead Blades active...not to mention all the wand-ups in my Active spoiler.

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 8/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26(16 t, 21 f) | CMB +6 CMD 21 | F:+8, R:+15, W:+16 | Init +11 | Perception +11, Darkvision, Sense Motive +16 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells Cast: 1: 0/6, 2: 0/6, 3: 0/4 | Panache 8/8

Yes, it was a potion of flying, sorry for not being clear.

Hearing a distinctly ugly and loud sound, Volsung casts burst of adrenalineas an immediate action.

FortSave: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 3 = 15


Male Half-elf Gunslinger 7: Spd:30, Init:6, 41/67 HP, AC:22, T:17, FF:16, Fort:8, Ref:10, Will:6 +2 vs enchantment, Perc:8 lowlight

It is kinda of weird, but can I hit the guy from here with my gun, or is he around corner? hit: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 - 2 = 21 not vs touch since it is range 2 dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

The blasts of air from the giant thundercloud are the last things Volsung and Ashwell hear during this encounter.

Ghukar recognizes the smaller creatures as sylph sky druids. They are likely to have a lot of wind- and air-related abilities, though he is not sure what. Nor does he recognize the boss monster.

Zirul will need to move to the edge of the elevator at least to fire at the enemy. However, the fog is too thick for him to draw a bead on an enemy. You can fire at one's last known location if you want, but will need to make a miss chance roll.

The other druid begins casting a spell.

A bolt of lightning lashes out from the swirling clouds.

In initiative order, boss is ignored: 1d7 ⇒ 7
Hazard Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Electricity Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

One of the druids is zapped.

Concentration: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

But is used enough to this to maintain the spell.

Enemies have total concealment from your current location.

Round 2 - bolded may go

Volsung (-27 HP, fly, haste, deafened)
Bom (many buffs, haste)
Ashwell (-42 HP, haste, deafened)
Boss Monster (-4 ???)
Pentagon
Zirul (haste)
Ghukar (haste, invisible)
Circle (-6 HP, spellcasting)
Hazard

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 8/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26(16 t, 21 f) | CMB +6 CMD 21 | F:+8, R:+15, W:+16 | Init +11 | Perception +11, Darkvision, Sense Motive +16 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells Cast: 1: 0/6, 2: 0/6, 3: 0/4 | Panache 8/8

Volsung will also be fatigued after using burst of adrenaline.

Can I target a confusion spell at the last known location of the boss where it will then affect everyone in a 15 ft radius?


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

You certainly can.

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 8/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26(16 t, 21 f) | CMB +6 CMD 21 | F:+8, R:+15, W:+16 | Init +11 | Perception +11, Darkvision, Sense Motive +16 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells Cast: 1: 0/6, 2: 0/6, 3: 0/4 | Panache 8/8

Volsung comically tries to speak and can't hear himself, and then he casts Confusion centered on the spot where he had last seen the boss.

DC 21

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

GM, could you move me over to platform A? I forgot in my last post to ask. Thanks. With that, am I within 190’ of the rune yet, or is A still basically considered 200’ away?


Male Half-elf Gunslinger 7: Spd:30, Init:6, 41/67 HP, AC:22, T:17, FF:16, Fort:8, Ref:10, Will:6 +2 vs enchantment, Perc:8 lowlight

moved myself to the edge miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 18 fired at last known location.

Grand Lodge

Active:
Mage Armor (uflur) 1h, Longstrider Bom 1h
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 9 | AC 29* T 14 FF 21 | HP 84/ 94| F +11 R +12 W +9 | Init +5* | Perc +14*; Survival +14*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 75 (HD 8) | AC 29* T:14 FF:24 CMD 29| F:+11; R:+9; W:+2 | Bite +12/+7 (1d8+10)

Bom activates his wing boots.

Is activating the boots a standard action? Still waiting to see what is happening with the windstorm and understand if the wolf can even jump on to those ledges without getting blown off.


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Will Save, Big Bad: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Will Save, Circle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Will Save, Pentagon: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Volsung attempts to sow confusion within the ranks, and it seems like it worked.

Zirul's shot cleaves through the mists, but the sound of steel against rock tells him that it did not strike a target.

Bom commands his boots to make him fly.

Platform A is at the same level as the elevator, so 200 ft. up still.

Round 2 - bolded may go

Volsung (-27 HP, fly, haste, deafened)
Bom (many buffs, flying, haste, move action plus companion)
Ashwell (-42 HP, haste, deafened)
Boss Monster (-4 ???, confused)
Pentagon (confused)
Zirul (haste)
Ghukar (haste, invisible)
Circle (-6 HP, spellcasting)
Hazard

Grand Lodge

Active:
Mage Armor (uflur) 1h, Longstrider Bom 1h
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 9 | AC 29* T 14 FF 21 | HP 84/ 94| F +11 R +12 W +9 | Init +5* | Perc +14*; Survival +14*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 75 (HD 8) | AC 29* T:14 FF:24 CMD 29| F:+11; R:+9; W:+2 | Bite +12/+7 (1d8+10)

Unable to see his his enemies, Bom holds tight and commands Ulfur to what translates as Total Defense.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

Ash uses his Bodily Purge ability to heal himself, before advancing further down the path.

Heal 5d8 ⇒ (4, 1, 7, 1, 7) = 20 damage


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Ashwell heals and moves downward while Bom and Ulfur defend themselves.

Confusion, Boss: 1d100 ⇒ 19
Confusion, Pentagon: 1d100 ⇒ 95

The boss fires a blast of air at Ashwell as he approaches.

Air Blast: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Bludgeoning Damage: 6d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 1, 2, 1) + 10 = 27 plus push 10 feet

The pentagonal druid swings at his leader in the confusion.

+1 Club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The miss angers the cloud.

Round 2 - bolded may go

Volsung (-27 HP, fly, haste, deafened)
Bom (many buffs, flying, haste)
Ashwell (-59 HP, haste, deafened, Interesting Physics)
Boss Monster (-5 ???, confused, must attack Pentagon)
Pentagon (confused)
Zirul (haste)
Ghukar (haste, invisible)
Circle (-6 HP, spellcasting)
Hazard

Dark Archive

Stealth +21/22(Swamps),+6 Init, +18 Perception, Bombs left-16 of 16 Wayang Alchemist(Grenadier) 9 HP 75/75 AC:21(29)/FF17/T15 F+11/R+13/W+6,

Seeing that one of the creatures appeared to be getting ready to cast a spell, Ghukar grabbed his bow and an arrow. Jabbing it into a tanglefoot bag, the arrow was coated with the sticky mixture. Launching the arrow, he hoped it does a better job than when he launched one at a wyvern that was flying at him.

He sighed as things were not looking good for him.

Tangle Arrow at Circle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d6 ⇒ 2
Tangle Arrow at Circle(Folio reroll): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 191d6 ⇒ 1

Arrow at Circle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d6 ⇒ 3
Haste Arrow at Circle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d6 ⇒ 3
Ugh, not the time to roll a 1. Using the 2nd level Grenadier ability. If it by some chance hits, then apply a tanglefoot bag to the creature and the required save


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Zirul is up, and Ashwell has to resolve being pushed into the intense winds.

And, no, Ghukar did not hit.

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 8/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26(16 t, 21 f) | CMB +6 CMD 21 | F:+8, R:+15, W:+16 | Init +11 | Perception +11, Darkvision, Sense Motive +16 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells Cast: 1: 0/6, 2: 0/6, 3: 0/4 | Panache 8/8

The baddies are still totally concealed, correct?

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

What do I do to resolve the push, GM? Is there a check or something?


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Volsung - Yes, they still have total concealment, until you disperse the cloud, move to a place where it is not between you and them, or find a way to see through it.

Ashwell - You were pushed into the wall and are going to be whipped around by the wind until you escape. Creatures that are blown away roll around the tower walls in a counterclockwise direction. Escaping the hurricane requires you to succeed at a DC 20 Fly check as a part of movement or to brace yourself against the wall and shove outward with a successful DC 10 Strength check as a standard action. You can also use subjective directional gravity to orient yourself so the opposite wall is ‘down,’ automatically falling out of the storm.


Male Half-elf Gunslinger 7: Spd:30, Init:6, 41/67 HP, AC:22, T:17, FF:16, Fort:8, Ref:10, Will:6 +2 vs enchantment, Perc:8 lowlight

I have haste so I can reload normally, then spend my 2nd move action to make my way over there, running out of paper cartridges.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

I will use the subjective directional gravity then, please, GM and try to steady myself. Thanks!


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

1d3 ⇒ 1

Never try to summon 1d3 of anything, kids!

Circle finishes its spellcasting, and a small creature made of clouds (which is definitely different than the ones who almost fought you at the top of the chamber appears. The creature immediately goes after Volsung.

Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Circle begins casting another spell.

Another lightning bolt emerges from the storm in the chamber.

In initiative order, boss is ignored: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Hazard Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Electricity Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Subjective Gravity:
In most parts of the Plane of Air, each individual chooses the direction of gravity’s pull. When walking on solid surfaces, choosing the direction of the surface to be “down” is relatively intuitive and does not require a skill check. In midair, creatures with natural flight can fly normally. Those without the ability to fly, or those who would prefer to move faster, can attempt to
set the direction of gravity.

Once per round as a free action, an individual can attempt a DC 16 Wisdom check to pick a new direction for gravity. If she succeeds, she begins falling in that direction, moving 150 feet in a straight line on the first round and 300 feet on each following round. If she fails, she can attempt the Wisdom check again
on the next round. The DC decreases to 12 on successive checks until
she succeeds in changing gravity’s direction. Once an individual starts
falling in a direction, stopping requires a successful DC 16 Wisdom check to set gravity in the exact opposite direction. If she succeeds, she continues 150 feet in her original direction for 1 round, and then stops.

Round 3 - bolded may go

Volsung (-27 HP, fly, haste, deafened)
Bom (many buffs, flying, haste)
Ashwell (-59 HP, haste, deafened, Interesting Physics)
Boss Monster (-5 ???, confused, must attack Pentagon, total concealment)
Pentagon (confused, total concealment)
Zirul (haste)
Ghukar (haste, invisible)
Circle (-6 HP, spellcasting, total concealment)
Square
Hazard

Grand Lodge

Active:
Mage Armor (uflur) 1h, Longstrider Bom 1h
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 9 | AC 29* T 14 FF 21 | HP 84/ 94| F +11 R +12 W +9 | Init +5* | Perc +14*; Survival +14*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 75 (HD 8) | AC 29* T:14 FF:24 CMD 29| F:+11; R:+9; W:+2 | Bite +12/+7 (1d8+10)

Ashell, going to wait to see if you can get close enough to the sphere to disable it.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

Ash will try to get a running start and jump to the next lowest platform.

With my acrobatics score and haste bonus, unless the wind screw me, I think I can make it automatically. If so….

Ash then uses his dispel magic spell to try and help the situation.

Dark Archive

Stealth +21/22(Swamps),+6 Init, +18 Perception, Bombs left-16 of 16 Wayang Alchemist(Grenadier) 9 HP 75/75 AC:21(29)/FF17/T15 F+11/R+13/W+6,

oops, when I get the chance
Seeing that the creature was trying to summon some more buddies, Ghukar sent a flight of arrows towards it/

Arrow at Circle: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 231d6 ⇒ 3
2ndArrow at Circle: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 201d6 ⇒ 1
haste Arrow at Circle: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 = 211d6 ⇒ 1


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Ashwell, the options for escaping the winds are Fly or Strength to get out or Wisdom to change your subjective gravity.

Dark Archive

Male Undine Psychic 9 | AC (20)16/16/13 | HP 65/65 + __19____ temp HP| F+9, R+9, W+11 | Darkvision 60' | Cold Resistance 5 | Init+3, Perc +14 | CMD 17 | Phrenic Pool 6/6 |

Wisdom check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Blown Away: 1d6 ⇒ 6 x 10 feet
Nonlethal Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 4, 2, 6) = 19

Ashwell is unable to reorient his gravity and is blows around the chamber. The force of the air is keeping you from falling at the moment, though you are 200 feet up now.

Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 31

Ghukar jumps ahead of himself, and as a result cannot seem to aim through the clouds.

Round 3 - bolded may go

Volsung (-27 HP, fly, haste, deafened)
Bom (many buffs, flying, haste)
Ashwell (-49 HP, 19 nonlethal, haste, deafened, unconscious)
Boss Monster (-5 ???, confused, must attack Pentagon, total concealment)
Pentagon (confused, total concealment)
Zirul (haste)
Ghukar (haste, invisible)
Circle (-6 HP, spellcasting, total concealment)
Square
Hazard

Grand Lodge

Active:
Mage Armor (uflur) 1h, Longstrider Bom 1h
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 9 | AC 29* T 14 FF 21 | HP 84/ 94| F +11 R +12 W +9 | Init +5* | Perc +14*; Survival +14*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 75 (HD 8) | AC 29* T:14 FF:24 CMD 29| F:+11; R:+9; W:+2 | Bite +12/+7 (1d8+10)

Bom, decides he can wait no longer. While he felt some affinity to the plane of air, he would be lying if he claimed he felt at home. But enough was enough. Using his improved speed, Bom moves into the cloud, tracking the voice of the summoning caster, but positioning himself safely away from the others.

I'll line up to the side of circle so I don't block line of sight.

Fly check?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Shield Slam wPower Attack + Haste vs Circle: 1d20 + 16 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 - 3 + 1 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Bom, it takes 115 ft of movement to get from the elevator to the platform because of the height, so that is a double move. You can place yourself in any of the squares you want on the edge or between the druids.

Made the cloud transparent so Bom could see, but it is still total concealment to those above.

Grand Lodge

Active:
Mage Armor (uflur) 1h, Longstrider Bom 1h
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 9 | AC 29* T 14 FF 21 | HP 84/ 94| F +11 R +12 W +9 | Init +5* | Perc +14*; Survival +14*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 75 (HD 8) | AC 29* T:14 FF:24 CMD 29| F:+11; R:+9; W:+2 | Bite +12/+7 (1d8+10)

Ah....then if I can't get there and attack in the same round, I will move to the summon creature attacking Volsung. My shield slam is also a free bull rush and push back and lowers targets AC by 2 if it hits. Let me know if you want me to reroll anything.

Shield slam:
Shield Slam Benefit: Any opponents hit by your shield bash are also hit with a free bull rush attack, substituting your attack roll for the combat maneuver check (see Combat). This bull rush does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Opponents who cannot move back due to a wall or other surface are knocked prone after moving the maximum possible distance. You may choose to move with your target if you are able to take a 5-foot step or to spend an action to move this turn.


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

All the extra information about the shield slam is irrelevant, as Bom's slam disperses it immediately.

Botting Volsung

Volsung casts vanish and invisibly moves further down toward the enemy. Now 40 feet higher than the enemy's platform, but they are still concealed to him.

The boss tries to take out Pentagon.

Bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Claw: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Claw: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Slashing Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Wing: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Wing: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Pentagon responds in kind.

Club: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 3 - bolded may go

Volsung (-27 HP, fly, haste, deafened)
Bom (many buffs, flying, haste)
Ashwell (-49 HP, 19 nonlethal, haste, deafened, unconscious)
Boss Monster (-5 ???, confused, must attack Pentagon, total concealment)
Pentagon (-33 HP, confused, must attack Boss, total concealment)
Zirul (haste)
Ghukar (haste, invisible)
Circle (-6 HP, spellcasting, total concealment)
Square
Hazard

Silver Crusade

CG Azata-Blooded Aasimar Mesmerist 8/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 85/85 | AC: 26(16 t, 21 f) | CMB +6 CMD 21 | F:+8, R:+15, W:+16 | Init +11 | Perception +11, Darkvision, Sense Motive +16 Speed 30 ft. | Spells: | Active: | Spells Cast: 1: 0/6, 2: 0/6, 3: 0/4 | Panache 8/8

Thanks for the botting and very sorry for going missing,see my post in Discussion.

As Volsung moves invisibly toward the cloud concealing the enemy, he wonders if he is very brave or very stupid. Ah well, he will find out shortly.

Dark Archive

Stealth +21/22(Swamps),+6 Init, +18 Perception, Bombs left-16 of 16 Wayang Alchemist(Grenadier) 9 HP 75/75 AC:21(29)/FF17/T15 F+11/R+13/W+6,

Jumped the gun earlier


Male Half-elf Gunslinger 7: Spd:30, Init:6, 41/67 HP, AC:22, T:17, FF:16, Fort:8, Ref:10, Will:6 +2 vs enchantment, Perc:8 lowlight

Out of paper cartridges, so take the standard action to reload with bullet and blackpower. Will stay put.


Round Mountain | Defy the Dragon | Fugue of the Traitor | Counterfeit History | Arclord's Abode | ◆◇↺

Zirul reloads while Ghukar fails to hit any of the targets,

Circle finishes its spell and then calls a lightning bolt down upon Volsung.

Electricity Damge: 3d10 ⇒ (6, 3, 4) = 13 (Reflex DC 16 half)

Lightning continues to come from the storm as well.

In initiative order, boss is ignored: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Hazard Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Electricity Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Once again, it strikes a druid.

Ashwell continues to be buffeted by the wind.

Blown Away: 1d6 ⇒ 6 x 10 feet
Nonlethal Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1, 5, 2) = 17

Round 4 - bolded may go

Volsung (-27 HP, fly, haste, deafened, Reflex save)
Bom (many buffs, flying, haste)
Ashwell (-49 HP, 36 nonlethal, haste, deafened, unconscious)
Boss Monster (-5 ???, confused, must attack Pentagon, total concealment)
Pentagon (-33 HP, confused, must attack Boss, total concealment)
Zirul (haste)
Ghukar (haste)
Circle (-14 HP, total concealment)
Square
Hazard

251 to 300 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost VI] PFS 8-24 Raid on Cloudborne Keep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.