Savage Firefly - want some "space western" adventures?

Game Master ZenFox42

This is a game set in the Firefly/Serenity universe, using the Savage Worlds system


801 to 850 of 910 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Bulkheads were sealed as soon as vacuum was detected, but people trapped in sections the meteorite went thru died. Estimates are about 15% of the passengers and crew died.


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

Alternating between carrying the camera, and Carrying cloths, Harold muses to himself.

We can hope that he opens an airlock without checking for the pressure on the other side. Or I could always help him off the ship through the airlock.

But he plasters on a fake smile, and continues to carry stuff for the actor.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Daisy plays the helpful assistant/camera person, whatever with a smile but quietly excuses herself if he gets too close..

Internally she's fuming.
What a pompous self righteous SOB. He'd never make it back home..


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Arabella has seen enough of life to understand people like Sterling as people who crave praise because deep down, they fear they will be exposed as worthless and insignificant. When the tasks allowed a moment, she tried to draw Sterling out about where he grew up, his education, and things he most enjoyed doing when not at work.

If he shared anything that showed some qualities not normally recognized, she tried to praise him for those things that validated him as a person rather than superficial things like appearance or a performance.

In case it could be relevant, here is a roll to see how well she succeeded in communicating his inner value.

Rolls:
Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Shepherd: +2
Result: 1 + 2 = 3

I know snake-eyes don't allow a benny reroll but the charismatic edge allows a reroll of the persuasion roll, so here it is in case it can be made.

Reroll from Charismatic Edge
Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wild, Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Shepherd: +2
Result: 6 + 1 + 2 = 9


Arabella - Sterling misinterprets your attempts as showing a personal interest in him, and not-so-subtly starts making advances towards you. What do you do?
Also, for future reference, a Critical Failure stops *any* re-rolls. One thing about SW is that their rules are very literal, and on page 88 it says "Critical Failures cannot be rerolled". If Edges allowed an exception, they would have said so.

The first day's scenario continues on for several days. Does everyone manage to keep their temper, or does someone snap at Sterling? Please post for either case, thanks!


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

As the Clueless One, as she has dubbed him makes his move on Arabella, Daisy pulls a bag of snacks and finds a nice place to watch the show, ready to jump in, in the unlikely instance that she needs an assist..

While she barely keeps her cool for a few days once they are back on the ship she is vocal about her perceptions of the man...
"How does an ego that big fit in that body?"


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

Back on the ship

Not sure Daisy, all I know, is that I am wondering how they got that ego on the ship in the first place.
Maybe they brought him in through the cargo hold


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Arabella tries to make lemonade out of lemons and acts flattered at Sterling's advances. She tries to keep him at bay by insisting it would not be professional or gentlemanly to act on such impulses during working time and makes suggestions for the next shot.

"Wha Mr. Warwick! We've jus' met! A lady likes to be treated like ah lady in the presence of ah gentleman caller. Besides, ah professional like yourself cannot compromise the quality of his work with such side attractions, no matter how temptin'. Ye'll disappoint y'alls loyal viewers. Use it ta channel your charm into this nex' shot where you show where some of the deceased were discovered." She uses her best imitation of a southern belle. The breathy equivalent of Scarlett O'Hara.

If he pushes for something frisky when the production breaks for the day, she'll attempt to utilize distractions to slip away back to the ship.

She quietly asks her colleagues to help to keep him on track with distractions. Perhaps provide support rolls for the following persuasion roll, if needed.

For persuading Sterling to act professionally.
Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Shepherd: +2
Result: 3 + 2 = 5

Reroll from Charismatic Edge
Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Shepherd: +2
Result: 7 + 2 = 9


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Catching on, Daisy will be happy to help with distractions. The occasional interjections such as:
"Sir, there was a flickering light behind you, should we do that take again?"
"Oh, Let me swap the battery real quick like here.."
"You ARE very good at this, now, what was the next shot going to be?"

And if he DOES try to get too frisky she'll grab Harold, move to just on the other side of an open door or hallway from the varmint and say something like "Didn't she stick a knife in that one feller's leg for coming on too strong last year?"

persuasion: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Companion training, attractive bonuses
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4


After Arabella's speech, he kind of looks blankly at you and says "So...that's a 'no'?". Then he flashes his (in his mind) most seductive smile and says "I'm sure you don't mean that...".


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

"That's a no, for now, while we are working. We have a job to do and hanky panky would get in the way of that. If I'm a distraction, I can stay on our ship and let you work. Doing anything else would be unprofessional. So be a dear and let it be for now."


"So, once the shooting's over, want to have a drink?"


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

Catching on to the ruse, Harold plays along with Daisy when she brings it up near Sterling.

Aye, she did. Matter of fact that was one of the messiest no's I have ever seen.
Hopefully she behaves herself, and leaves the guys leg unstabbed.

He glances hard at Sterling.

Later, he whispers to Arabella when no one is around.

He mentioned shooting, you need it done yet?


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

"I'd be delighted."

Let me know how to make a bluff check in SW.


Arabella - you roll Persuasion, and he rolls a Notice to see if he thinks you mean it. The following rolls are for Daisy and Harold's comments...

Notice#1: 1d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 2 Since he believed Daisy, -2 to not believe Harold...
Notice#2: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 11d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

I'm going to assume that Daisy's and Harold's comments come after Arabella accepts his offer. The two of you notice that a slightly worried look appears on his face, and he immediately but not hastily leaves the immediate area.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Daisy waits until he well out of earshot and snickers to herself.


The shooting continues for several days as you wander around the ship. One day you walk into a room, and at the far end is another door, closed, with two obviously Alliance soldiers standing on either side of it. One of them says "This area is off-limits to civilians - leave now."


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Persuasion, ace: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Shepherd: +2
Result: 8 + 7 + 2 = 17

Reroll from Charismatic Edge
Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Shepherd: +2
Result = 2 + 2 = 4

I'm curious, if a reroll comes up snake-eyes, does it trump the first roll?

Regarding the Alliance soldiers:
Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wild, ace: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Result: 6 + 4 = 10
To notice relevant information about the soldiers (rank, weapons, etc.) and about the area they are guarding.

Arabella studies the area for a few breathes, smiles, and turns to leave.

What if anything do we already know about what is beyond that door?

Assuming nothing dramatic happens and we all withdraw, Arabella will network with the others on the ship to learn about why Alliance soldiers are guarding that room and what is beyond that door.

Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Shepherd: +2
Result: 4 + 2 = 6

Reroll from Charismatic Edge
Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Shepherd: +2
Result: 4 + 2 = 6


With a 17, I'm not even going to roll Sterling's Notice, he believes you.

You're in an area deep within the ship, where you'd expect most of the machinery that runs the ship would reside. With the Raise, you'd know that sometimes sensitive or dangerous cargo is stored here for added protection due to the thicker bulkheads.

Asking around, none of the common workers know anything about that area, or that it was even being guarded. Are you asking any of those in command? If so, please make another Persuasion roll.

I don't know if a Critical Failure on a Free re-roll negates the original roll, or just prevents any further re-rolling. I couldn't find anything about this case in the core rules. I've asked on the SW boards for clarification.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

"Well, that ain't ominous or anything..."


On page 89, under Rerolls, it says that rolling a Critical Failure on any kind of reroll automatically stops the rerolling and is the final result of the original roll. I didn't notice this either, someone on the SW boards pointed it out.


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Good to know. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of a reroll option, a greater chance at a crit fail.

Arabella tries to coax information from the boss about the Alliance presence. Either from him or from information she can get from studying available ship's logs, she will research the passengers and itinerary of the liner, hoping to learn some clues as to what might be in that guarded area.

She would assume that the guards were already on the ship unless anyone has seen an Alliance ship arrive and dispatch the guards after the accident.

Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wild, ace: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Shepherd: +2
Result: 6+3+2 = 11

Reroll from Charismatic Edge
Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Shepherd: +2
Result: 3 + 2 = 5


If you approach the captain on the bridge, he loudly refuses to say anything about any Alliance military presence, but mouths silently "Meet me in my quarters at 10 PM". He flatly refuses to give you or anyone in the group access to the ship's computers.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Assuming Arabella tells us about her adventure: "Oh wow, good work. Need any backup or some of us to be out and about taking attention so you are less visible?"


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

I got the impression we all saw the Alliance guards.

Arabella tells everyone about what the captain told her and suggests we all meet him.

Let us know if we need to make any rolls to make it to the captain's quarters undetected.


...and here's one situation where every RPG fails : a group of people trying to sneak around. The more people in the group, the more likely one of them will fail, and give the group away.
What about using a variant of SW's Group Rolls : the person with the best Stealth makes their Skill roll, and that's the basic number (they might want to spend a Benny or two to make it as high as possible). Then everyone else makes a Steath roll, a Success adds one to the basic number, a Raise adds 2, a Failure subtracts 1, and a Critical Failure subtracts 2. Thoughts?


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

I think that could work. Well, what do you know, I am decent at it with a d8

Stealth: 1d8 ⇒ 7
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Sounds fair.
stealth: 1d6 ⇒ 6
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 1

stealth xplode: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Arabella?


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Stealth: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Wild, ace: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Result: 6 + 4 = 10


So, at 10 PM local time, you all manage to get to Burk's door without being seen by anyone. Knocking gently, a few seconds later the door opens a crack. Seeing you, he opens it all the way and says "Come in, quick! I only expected her (pointing at Arabella), not all of you."

"I'm also concerned about the military presence. They were already here when we got here, and told not to go near certain locations. I figured you'd stick to the passenger areas, or I would have told you. There's only about 6 of them around, but they are heavily armed and armored, and could call the Alliance in an instant with their headsets. I have no idea why they're here."


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

"Well, stayin' away from the military types is a good idea in general. With that said..." She shows a little bit on an evil grin, "I bet if we gently push Mister Full of himself into the situation with some gentle prodding, we might find out more. Possibly have more beneficial side effects"


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Thinking aloud, Arabella says, "Well, if they were here when you arrived, that means either they were already on the ship when the accident happened, or they arrived before any of us. The latter seems less likely, since they would have to have been brought here and then left stranded. They could have taken over the salvage if they wanted to be really sure to protect their secret. I guess it raises an interesting question as to what will happen next--I mean in regard to the status of the ship. I assume you know who owns the ship and what they intend to do once the immediate emergency is over. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the ship."

Whatever the captain's response, she says, "Officially, it is all above our pay grade, so we best keep working on the documentary. I'd love to learn more, of course, but it is probably safest to leave it lie for now. I expect the ship's logs and manifests would reveal some interesting clues, but unless you want to share something, that too is beyond our job description. Love a mystery, but I also like being alive and not locked up in an Alliance brig, so just let us know if you learn of anything that might pose a danger to use as we work."

Since by this point, I assume we've had a chance to observe the damage done to the ship, allegedly by a meteorite, have we observed anything that might suggest the damage was not due to a meteorite but perhaps some kind of rail gun or human made projectile?


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6
Daisy Mae Puckett wrote:
"Well, stayin' away from the military types is a good idea in general. With that said..." She shows a little bit on an evil grin, "I bet if we gently push Mister Full of himself into the situation with some gentle prodding, we might find out more. Possibly have more beneficial side effects"

Arabella would go along with this. "I doubt he'll have the guts to push back but the soldiers reaction might give us some clues about what they're protecting and whether they are concerned about being discovered. But we shouldn't endanger anyone just to satisfy our curiosity."


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4
Arabella Stormworth-Darling wrote:
Daisy Mae Puckett wrote:
"Well, stayin' away from the military types is a good idea in general. With that said..." She shows a little bit on an evil grin, "I bet if we gently push Mister Full of himself into the situation with some gentle prodding, we might find out more. Possibly have more beneficial side effects"
Arabella would go along with this. "I doubt he'll have the guts to push back but the soldiers reaction might give us some clues about what they're protecting and whether they are concerned about being discovered. But we shouldn't endanger anyone just to satisfy our curiosity."

Daisy puts on the "Aw, woe is me look" that Arabella knows is taught in their shared school, "Aw. You do ruin the party sometimes."


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

"Of course if we tell him he shouldn't go try to find out what the soldiers are guarding even though it may mean missing a major scoop, and then he goes anyway, well, we can't really stop him, can we." Arabella gives Daisy a look that both know is as good as a wink or a nod.


The captain says "With even just a few Alliance soldiers on-board, I don't want to take any chances getting caught giving you intel you shouldn't have. I agree it's best if we...that is I leave it alone for now."

I'm assuming Daisy's and Arabella's comments were made in front of the captain, since the conversation with him is still ongoing...

"Well, sorry, but if there's nothing else for us to discuss, I'd like to ask you to leave my quarters..."

Assuming you do, you make it back to your ship safely. What do you want to discuss?


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Arabella does not want to get in hot water with the Alliance. "Best we do the job we were hired to do. If we discover a reason to be concerned about the Alliance secret area, we can deal with it then."

"In case that happens, we can at least look for ways we might get past the guards and see what they're hiding, just as a contingency."


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

"Makes sense to me. No reason to poke the hornet's nest for sure."


The next day, as you're wandering around the ship filming, suddenly the ship's lights go out. You have the light on the camera that fills the immediate space with illumination, but that's it. In the distance, you hear people angrily shouting. You also suddenly notice the lack of the air system's hum, but know that you have many hours before that becomes a problem. What do you do?


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

"Well, that ain't good... We should make sure others are OK in the dark and then if it's not fixed soon, head back to our ship..."


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

"Let's investigate," Arabella says. She takes out her flashlight and adds its light to the camera light. "Keep the camera rolling."

If we have a comm link to the captain, she'll report the group's position and notify of the lose of power and perhaps life support.


No comm link to the captain. As far as he's concerned, you're "tourists".


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

"Why not?"
Daisy will keep a camera rolling and the light on, slowly going through the ship saying things like, "Hello? Everyone OK in here. It's just the camera crew. We have lights so we thought we'd just check on everyone."


As you wander around the ship, you start to get people following you around, since most people weren't carrying flashlights. For some reason, even the emergency lighting is out. Eventually someone says "Hey, where are we heading - any place in particular?"


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

"Well, I hadn't gotten that far. I just figured we had lights so we'd better make sure everyone was ok... Does everyone have a safe spot on their own ship? If so, we can escort you there."


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

"Let's keep close to the lights and check for anyone else in side rooms."

Do we know where we are relative to the restricted area and/or the life support system central controls?


Make a Smarts roll to see if you've been paying enough attention to the ship's layout as you've been making the documentary.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

smarts: 1d6 ⇒ 2
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Wait. Have we been here already?"


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

To speed things up, I'm okay with the GM making the initial roll in a case like this. I've created the texts for various rolls in Arabella's profile so you can just copy and paste.

Smarts: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Arabella has been able to keep track of the ship's layout as part of her work in helping with the filming. She knows Stirling is not likely to notice details so she wants to be able to give him good information when he needs it.

801 to 850 of 910 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome to Savage Firefly! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.