Savage Firefly - want some "space western" adventures?

Game Master ZenFox42

This is a game set in the Firefly/Serenity universe, using the Savage Worlds system


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,060 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5/5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

Not needed on this planet. Will look around on the next one. :)


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

"Nope, I'm ready ta go!"


ATTRIBUTES: 6-6-8-4-6 Handsome Human Handyperson Bennies: 5 | Toughness 6 (1) | Parry 5 | Pace 6
Harold Wainwright wrote:

Aye, I will third the welcome aboard. Names Harold

He extends his right hand for a handshake.

"My pleasure sir, very nice to meet you, and thank you!"


ATTRIBUTES: 6-6-8-4-6 Handsome Human Handyperson Bennies: 5 | Toughness 6 (1) | Parry 5 | Pace 6
GM_ZenFox42 wrote:

The crew takes the newcomer to the captain (Bryce), who asks him if he's wanted by the Alliance or any criminal organizations, what planets he's been on recently, how much he knows about the Border and Rim, stuff like that.

Assuming Brook says he's not wanted (criminally), Bryce welcomes him to the crew and says to pick any unused cabin to bunk in.

Brook - you want to wow them with how fast you can fix Arabella's thermostat?

I calculate that the job will net you 224p per week of travel.

Bryce says "Anyone need to go on-planet for anything else? If not, we'll be on our way..."

Please say yes or no, so I know you've answered, thanks!

"Actually ma'am, given that I have no idea what rooms are empty, maybe you could show me your thermostat ... and then tell me which room is the best?"


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Daisy gets a mischievous smile for a second and then calmly says "Room 5 should be perfect for ya! New sheets and all!" and walks off.

LONG ago after we first got paid Daisy went shopping to make a few rooms for passengers more cozy. She did one aimed at a female passenger, very cute. We'll call that room 5. :)


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5/5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

Well, she did get me pink sheets too. :)


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4
Harold Wainwright wrote:

Well, she did get me pink sheets too. :)

True. Lol. It's a tradition now!


ATTRIBUTES: 6-6-8-4-6 Handsome Human Handyperson Bennies: 5 | Toughness 6 (1) | Parry 5 | Pace 6
Harold Wainwright wrote:
Well, she did get me pink sheets too. :)

possibly Brook can 'repiar' them ...


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5/5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6
Brook Longshot wrote:
Harold Wainwright wrote:
Well, she did get me pink sheets too. :)
possibly Brook can 'repiar' them ...

Mechanic repairing sheets. . . I think they would be oily after that. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bryce says "Ok, Daisy, show the man to your room and then to his. And if you don't mind, then take him to the repair shop."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

"Our late mechanic's room is available if you are not superstitious," Arabella says, explaining Emma's recent demise.

Arabella does not need anything from the planet before setting off. Another visit, she would like a chance to take a few days of shore leave on this entertaining but dangerous place.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

"true, that room is available, heck, might be some tools and parts still in there. Follow me."

She leads him to Emma's old room first, opens the door.
"Will this do? If not we got more!"

Once he makes a decision she'll walk him to engineering.


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5/5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

Harold chuckles, opens a cupboard and pulls out a pack.

Brook, here, you might need these.
He tosses an unopened bag of pink lacy sheets from the closet to brook.

There was a run on sheets on one of the planets, and this was all they had.


ATTRIBUTES: 6-6-8-4-6 Handsome Human Handyperson Bennies: 5 | Toughness 6 (1) | Parry 5 | Pace 6
Arabella Stormworth-Darling wrote:

"Our late mechanic's room is available if you are not superstitious," Arabella says, explaining Emma's recent demise.

Arabella does not need anything from the planet before setting off. Another visit, she would like a chance to take a few days of shore leave on this entertaining but dangerous place.

"I am, very ... it will be perfect!" He smiles the devilish young smile, "But let's get your heat straightened out before I settle in."


Daisy takes Brook to her room, and shows Brook the broken thermostat.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Actually that was Arabella. :)


Oops, my bad memory strikes again!


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Wait. What were we talking about? :)


ATTRIBUTES: 6-6-8-4-6 Handsome Human Handyperson Bennies: 5 | Toughness 6 (1) | Parry 5 | Pace 6

I want to believe that we were talking about an actual thermostat ... but hey, if we need to fade to black or something, it's all good. New ship, new life, haze the new guy, make "toolkit" a euphemism, whatever we need, Brook is down with it.


Arabella takes you to her room, which is freezing. The thermostat is definitely on the fritz. Make a Repair roll...


ATTRIBUTES: 6-6-8-4-6 Handsome Human Handyperson Bennies: 5 | Toughness 6 (1) | Parry 5 | Pace 6
GM_ZenFox42 wrote:
Arabella takes you to her room, which is freezing. The thermostat is definitely on the fritz. Make a Repair roll...

REPAIR: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Does he also need to roll ELEC?


Any skill roll is always accompanied by rolling an additional d6 (called the "Wild die") and taking the better of the two rolls. If either die comes up with its maximum value, that's an "Ace", and you get to re-roll that die until it stops coming up with Aces, and add the results up. Then you take the better of the two die rolls.
Since this is an electronic device, you use the lower of your Repair and Electronics skill.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5/5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6
Daisy Mae Puckett wrote:
Wait. What were we talking about? :)

Until it was clarified, I was wondering about that myself. :)

Harold takes time to clean his collection while they are in flight.

He also takes time as needed to assist where needed.

Just a reminder GM, this will be a standard thing when we are in the black. This way my firearms are in the best shape they can be.


ATTRIBUTES: 6-6-8-4-6 Handsome Human Handyperson Bennies: 5 | Toughness 6 (1) | Parry 5 | Pace 6
GM_ZenFox42 wrote:

Any skill roll is always accompanied by rolling an additional d6 (called the "Wild die") and taking the better of the two rolls. If either die comes up with its maximum value, that's an "Ace", and you get to re-roll that die until it stops coming up with Aces, and add the results up. Then you take the better of the two die rolls.

Since this is an electronic device, you use the lower of your Repair and Electronics skill.

Brook gets out his tools, seeming to concentrate quite intently

Spoiler:
uses Boost Trait for ELEC

ELEC: 1d10 ⇒ 31d10 ⇒ 6 Base / WILD

and if Brook hates those rolls, he can use a Benny to roll again?


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

The wild die is always d6. I'd scroll up to some examples in the gameplay thread to get the idea. Here are a few examples. Here is one with an ace.


ATTRIBUTES: 6-6-8-4-6 Handsome Human Handyperson Bennies: 5 | Toughness 6 (1) | Parry 5 | Pace 6

[ooc]SUPER helpful! So the process should be: add initial DICE line for base, preview post to roll for base, eval base roll for possible ace, add ace die if applicable along with WILD die, preview again, comment if needed, submit post. Right?[/b]


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Taking what you said literally, you don't "add" the Wild die roll to the Skill die roll. You roll it independently (re-rolling for Aces as required), and when all the dust has settled, take the better of the two. And yes, there's a lot of previewing of dice rolls to check for Aces.
Also, saying you're using Boost Trait means you have to roll for it too, using your Psionics skill. You could use all your PP to maintain it for up to 7 minutes, which should be enough.
Also, could you please put *all* your latest PC information in your icon's Profile tab, using the "About" window to present all the information you've been sending me in your PM's, thanks!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

P.S. - the "target number" (TN) is the minimum value you have to roll for a Success, and is 4 for everything except combat. If you get an 8 or higher, that's a "Raise", and usually means something extra special happens.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5/5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

@ Brook, exact same questions, that I raised when I first learned this system. so feel free to ask them.
But one ask that I have for you, is that you put new questions in the discussion tab, so that it doesn't bog down gameplay. I was also bad with that at the beginning too. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm afraid I started that, by making an OOC comment about his first attempted die roll in-game, and then others followed suit. I'll post a referral to check Discussion about any future issues.


Brook and Arabella - please see Discussion...


Bryce announces over the intercom "I'm about to start the space drive."

Knowledge/Astrogation & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 101d6 ⇒ 6
ACE! ACE!: 1d10 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 1 = 13, 2 Raises

Piloting & Wild: 1d10 ⇒ 81d6 ⇒ 3 = 8, Raise

Travel time: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) = 15 - 3(for Raises) = 12 days

"Everything went well, it looks like we'll get there in 12 days."

Anybody want to do anything during the trip?


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Arabella is grateful for the boredom of space travel after the exciting adventure. She listens to music and exercises to keep in shape, mostly aerobic dancing. She meditates, studies her religion's texts, reads some literature.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Daisy will also relax. While music and exercise are absolutely on the menu, along with some meditation to try to calm nerves after the recent experiences she also gets the cleaning bug around day 6. By day 11 the ship is practically spotless for the most part and she seems to be in a much better mood.


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5/5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

As of the second day, Harold gets back into his exercise routine and continues that.

He does help out whenever he is asked, as the boredom overtakes him, while they are in flight.


You land on the planet, make contact with the buyer, and receive 448p, minus 20% for overhead, leaves you with 72p each (including Bryce and Brook). If anyone still in the game has the Minor Debt Hindrance, halve this.

Does anyone want to do anything special while in town, or look for business (Daisy)?


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

It's a small place but Daisy is beginning to fear or her license so she'll look for some honest work.

rep: 1d4 ⇒ 1
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 2
/sigh.

IF Daisy knows she's in trouble about the license she'll Benny that.

rep: 1d4 ⇒ 2
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Pace-6, Parry 6, Tough 8(2) T, A, L - Browncoat Duster; Bennies 5/5
stats:
Ag-d8; Sp-d4; Sm-D6; St-D6; Vi-d6

If not asked to assist, Harold will take the time and wander through the town looking at the gun shops.

Primary thing I am looking for is magazines for my firearms, or more ammo for my firearms. There is other stuff such as sights, slings, bipods and other stuff as well.


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6
GM_ZenFox42 wrote:

You land on the planet, make contact with the buyer, and receive 448p, minus 20% for overhead, leaves you with 72p each (including Bryce and Brook). If anyone still in the game has the Minor Debt Hindrance, halve this.

Does anyone want to do anything special while in town, or look for business (Daisy)?

Could you describe the job? I know what I rolled for possibilities, but I don't think we have heard the details of what we are shipping from where to where.


Since Paquin is a Border planet, it has a small Alliance presence on it. The electronic equipment (that you rolled for) is for them; the crates were locked and sealed when you got them. Upon receipt, the Alliance people check your ID cards, then check that every lock and seal is in place, and they count the items in each box before paying you and letting you go.

Daisy - there is a client, and miracle of miracles, he's on this planet! When you contact him, he says he really wants to meet you, but he's tied up with business for a couple of days, and makes an appointment with you in 3 days, if that's ok with you.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Daisy will check in with the rest of the crew and unless someone is in a hurry to skedaddle, she'll agree to meet in three days.


Three days pass without incident, and Daisy goes to meet her appointment. He pays her 500p. She pays the Guild 25%, leaving her with 375p.

Daisy - what's your arrangement with the captain? Is it like the TV show, where your "room" is one of the space shuttles, and you pay him 10% of your profits as rent? Or do you have a regular bunk like everyone else? Or what?


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

I'll have to loo back. I believe it was something like that. I should have time to look back at the start of the discussions to make sure over the next day or three.


A day after Daisy comes back, a middle-aged man shows up at your ship, walking around outside the cargo doors and looking inside expectantly.

Whoever posts first can be the first to talk to him.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4
GM_ZenFox42 wrote:

Three days pass without incident, and Daisy goes to meet her appointment. He pays her 500p. She pays the Guild 25%, leaving her with 375p.

Daisy - what's your arrangement with the captain? Is it like the TV show, where your "room" is one of the space shuttles, and you pay him 10% of your profits as rent? Or do you have a regular bunk like everyone else? Or what?

Well. I remember there was a discussion some time ago aboutt his but don't remember the details and don't remember if it was in discussion, game play or somewhere else. I read through the first 5 to 7 pages of each and haven't seen it yet. I'll be happy to go with your suggestion or whatever works for everyone else. I do remember she had a standard room. I also seem to remember we may have only had one shuttle. Could be wrong on that.. :)

Daisy is doing some light cleaning and sees someone hanging around practically screaming "I have a job" She goes to tell the first other crew member she sees and walks out.
"Good mornin' sir. How can we help you?


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Arabella eavesdrops on Daisy from nearby.

Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Stealth: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4


The man seems agitated, and speaks quickly. "Well you see my little girl is really sick and the only thing that will cure her is a tea made from the petals of a really rare flower that only grows in the mountains and there's lots of really nasty native predators that live up there and I can't go by myself my daughter needs me to take care of her and I thought you guys might be better equipped for such a journey." He pauses to take a breath.


Str d4 
Agi d8 
Vig d6 
Sm d6 
Sp d8 pace 6 Tougness 7(2) Parry 4

Daisy reacts properly, shocked and concerned. "Oh my! Wait here just a minute sir, let me get our captain and you can talk to him!"

Having been with this crew she takes close looks at his posture, his facial expression and looks for any 'tells' a liar might use.
notice: 1d4 ⇒ 2
wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Human Card: Bennies: 1 Parry: 5 [2 + 6(fighting)/2] Toughness: 5 [2 + 6(vigor)/2] (2) Armored Duster RATN: 4 Pace: 5 Notice: d6

Arabella strolls in just as Daisy makes clear her intention to talk to the captain.

"Hello. I'm Arabella. I overheard what you just said to Daisy and it sounds terrible. Tell me your name and more about this illness and this flower." As usual, she is wearing the yin-yang emblem indicating she is a cleric of the Taoists.

Arabella uses her powers of persuasion to get as much information as she can about what this man is after.

Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Shepherd: +2

Reroll from Charismatic Edge
Persuasion: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Shepherd: +2

Best Result: 7 + 2 = 9


Daisy - the man appears to be telling the truth.

Arabella - the guy opens up completely, and begins to tell you his life story. You prod him to focus on his daughter, and what he said up above is pretty much the entire story, unless you want to know the names of the disease and the flower.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,060 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome to Savage Firefly! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.