PFS 2E 1-01 The Absalom Initiation (Inactive)

Game Master Merisal The Risen


51 to 100 of 144 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Maps and slides

Tandang does find traces leading south to what was a parlor
(C7) A large, long-cold fireplace stands in the east wall of this expansive parlor, but the furnishings are all rotted. A dank stench of mold lingers in the air. The ceiling overhead has collapsed, leaving the room open to the sky. The floor in the room’s western end has followed suit, leaving a gaping hole into darkness (white dotted line). The tracks of the pharasmin head towards it but there is no sign of them coming back.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

Arrived in the room the dwarf looks at that pit at distance. Does it need to be secured before to approach from it? We can think the body is to be found inside down.

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +6, AC 21, Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +8 / Active conditions:

The inventor does not even ask himself the question. He is trying to consolidate the floor to the hole.

Crafting:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Verdant Wheel

Male Strong-Blooded Dwarf Druid of the Leaf Order 4 / Herbalist | Plant Whisperer | Familiar Plantina | HP 46/46, AC 21 (23 w Wooden Shield raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex* +8, Will** +12, Perception** +12 (darkvision), Stealth +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions Poison Resistance 2 | Infused Reagents 3/3 | ◆◇↺

"Is there a safe way to go down there?" Tandang asks Lendaru. "Where does it even go? Maybe we can use some ropes and climb down, what do you all think?" he adds and draws a rope from his bag. He then peeks if he can see the bottom of the hole. Tandang has darkvision.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Grand Archive

Male Human Inventor 7 | HP 85/85 | AC 26/28 | F+13 R+12 (+14 Bulwark) W+11; cold and fire resist 3/5 Negative resist 1| Perc +9 (Initiative +11) | Shield Hardness 8 HP 64/64 | Speed 30 ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Defend| Active Conditions: None

"Well, guess I was wrong about the light," says Liam with a sigh, stowing his flickmace to light the Wayfinder clipped to his belt. "It's probably less likely to collapse on us down there, but setting ropes to make sure we can get back up is... important."

Radiant Oath

HP 28/28 | AC 19/21 \ F +7 R +7 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | speed 25| Hero 1/1 | focus 1/1

”Then let’s do it”, says Moonshadow, looking around for somewhere to tie the rope.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

Well done, Lendaru. Now let's explore the pit.

The dwarf looks down during the time the others tie the rope.


Maps and slides

With Lendarus expert (or soon to be expert) crafting skills the floor to the edge of the pit is secured and you do indeeed find a body dressed in typical pharasma devotee attire

The body is a six bulk item please describe how you plan to get the body from the pit Lendaru will have enough taking ten on whatever pulley and stretcher you use to retrieve the body Also perception checks would be useful to try spot other loot.

Radiant Oath

HP 28/28 | AC 19/21 \ F +7 R +7 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | speed 25| Hero 1/1 | focus 1/1

Moonshadow looks around in the pit, to see if there’s anything (or anyone) of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Keen Eyes

Verdant Wheel

Male Strong-Blooded Dwarf Druid of the Leaf Order 4 / Herbalist | Plant Whisperer | Familiar Plantina | HP 46/46, AC 21 (23 w Wooden Shield raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex* +8, Will** +12, Perception** +12 (darkvision), Stealth +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions Poison Resistance 2 | Infused Reagents 3/3 | ◆◇↺

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"Hmmm," he instinctively says after finding something that might be useful. "I think I found something over there." he points something familiar from afar down below close to the body that they are about to retrieve.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

The dwarf goes down in the pit to attach the rope to the body. Then he asks Lendaru to move it outside of the pit before the rope comes down again for him to go out.

Grand Archive

NG (Male) halfling (Nomadic halfling) wizard 5 (universalist) | Emissary | HP 13/13 | AC 16 | Fortitude** +4, Reflex** +6, Will* +7 | Perception** +5| Stealth* +6 | Speed 25 ft. | Focus Points 0 | Exploration Activity Avoid Notice | Active Conditions none | ◆ | ◆◆ | ◆◆◆ | ◇ | ↺

Arthass tries to remenber the funnerary rituals of Pharasma follower to recover the body accord to his manners.
religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Maps and slides

You recover the pharasmins body from the pit he was carrying some incense which Arthas suspects is something to do with funeral rites but he can't quite recall how it should be don

can you please state who is carrying the body and also all make perception checks to see if you spot the inevitable ambush TM

Radiant Oath

HP 28/28 | AC 19/21 \ F +7 R +7 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | speed 25| Hero 1/1 | focus 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

I’m near my encumbrance limit

Grand Archive

Male Human Inventor 7 | HP 85/85 | AC 26/28 | F+13 R+12 (+14 Bulwark) W+11; cold and fire resist 3/5 Negative resist 1| Perc +9 (Initiative +11) | Shield Hardness 8 HP 64/64 | Speed 30 ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Defend| Active Conditions: None

Liam isn't eager to carry a body, but tries not to show it. He stows his shield, connecting it to the clip on the back of his armor. "Here, I can take... him, right?"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Is it a Medium body? Liam definitely can't carry it without being encumbered of course, but that brings him to his maximum limit of 13 Bulk. If it's Small, he'll ask someone else to carry his shield and bow first, and then he's not encumbered.

Verdant Wheel

Male Strong-Blooded Dwarf Druid of the Leaf Order 4 / Herbalist | Plant Whisperer | Familiar Plantina | HP 46/46, AC 21 (23 w Wooden Shield raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex* +8, Will** +12, Perception** +12 (darkvision), Stealth +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions Poison Resistance 2 | Infused Reagents 3/3 | ◆◇↺

Tandang is already at 6.2 and be encumbered at 7.0. He can help carrying the body if possible.

"Maybe let me help ye?" Tandang suggests as Liam volunteers to carry the body. He stows his weapon and shield and begins helping Liam.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

I’ve one free hand to help, just in case.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +6, AC 21, Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +8 / Active conditions:

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Archive

Male Human Inventor 7 | HP 85/85 | AC 26/28 | F+13 R+12 (+14 Bulwark) W+11; cold and fire resist 3/5 Negative resist 1| Perc +9 (Initiative +11) | Shield Hardness 8 HP 64/64 | Speed 30 ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Defend| Active Conditions: None

"Thank you, that would probably be more respectful," says Liam, as he hefts the body up over his shoulder anyway, "but maybe not the most practical here where we still need to keep an eye out for something dangerous."


Maps and slides

As you make your way out into the pillared hall Dran’Thal and Tandang hear whispers of No you can’t bind us! and scratching noises coming through the floorboards

Tandang and Dran’Thal ma make a religion check to try prevent the haunt everyone make a will save

Verdant Wheel

Male Strong-Blooded Dwarf Druid of the Leaf Order 4 / Herbalist | Plant Whisperer | Familiar Plantina | HP 46/46, AC 21 (23 w Wooden Shield raised), Fortitude** +9, Reflex* +8, Will** +12, Perception** +12 (darkvision), Stealth +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Exploration Activity Defend | Active Conditions Poison Resistance 2 | Infused Reagents 3/3 | ◆◇↺

"Wha... what was that scratching noises?!" Tandang whispers to others so that they might hear it as well. He begins to recite prayers he heard somewhere when there are unusual noises to counter them.

Religion, Untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

The dwarf answers quickly to the noises: No, we won't bind you we will set you free!

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Grand Archive

Male Human Inventor 7 | HP 85/85 | AC 26/28 | F+13 R+12 (+14 Bulwark) W+11; cold and fire resist 3/5 Negative resist 1| Perc +9 (Initiative +11) | Shield Hardness 8 HP 64/64 | Speed 30 ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Defend| Active Conditions: None

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Radiant Oath

HP 28/28 | AC 19/21 \ F +7 R +7 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | speed 25| Hero 1/1 | focus 1/1

Moonshadow looks steely-eyed into the middle distance.

”Bad guys”, he rasps.

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Gutsy Halfling: emotion save Success = Crit; Marshal Aura: +1 vs fear 10’r

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +6, AC 21, Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +8 / Active conditions:

Will:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Maps and slides

Dran’Thal quietens the restless spirits as rotting spectral hands reach through the floor before turning into porcelain hands that offer a thankful? Gesture before dissolving into nothingness coalescing into a small porcelain jar that radiates magic (lesser potion of healing)

(You can bear the body to the pharasmin temple in the ivy district whaler the proper rites can be observed for the body as well as fining someone who can do a more thorough job of putting the spirits to a more permanent rest at the manor. You are also in perfect place to ask about the dangerous ritual)

Grand Archive

Male Human Inventor 7 | HP 85/85 | AC 26/28 | F+13 R+12 (+14 Bulwark) W+11; cold and fire resist 3/5 Negative resist 1| Perc +9 (Initiative +11) | Shield Hardness 8 HP 64/64 | Speed 30 ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Defend| Active Conditions: None

"I'm wiling to accept help carrying this, now, " says Liam as the group moves away from immediate danger, "although we might attract less attention if you don't... temple's not far, right?"

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

Yes, guys, come on there. Then we'll have delivered it and can continue to the next mission.

The dwarf is still on guards hanging his shield ready.

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +6, AC 21, Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +8 / Active conditions:

Let’s give up the body and then go to the docks.


Maps and slides

You ask around at the docks

diplomacy checks:
6d20 ⇒ (7, 15, 10, 3, 1, 8) = 446d20 ⇒ (14, 17, 13, 17, 10, 9) = 80

Dranthal finds a boatman willing to take you to the right ship. Tandang also hears its the one where you can see the occaisional body being waved arround by a tentacle and is warned to avoid it

In its current position, the ship is only partially above the waves. The bottom deck is completely flooded, making it impassable. Nothing of import remains to be found here. The top of the masts are broken off, leaving only jagged, waterlogged stumps reaching up about 15 feet above the deck; all the rigging has long since rotted away.

THe boarman takes you to the side of the wreck and lets you board

The weathered boards of the ship’s main deck are cracked, warped, and thoroughly covered in a thick, stinking carpet of algae, seaweed, and barnacles. The sodden mess squashes and scrapes underfoot, while squawking gulls circle overhead. The ship once boasted three masts, but they are now broken off only a few feet above the jagged railings. Whatever other distinguishing features might have once existed on this vessel are either long lost or utterly obscured. Empty doorways lead into cabins to the fore and aft, and a dark opening descends into the lower level.

everyone but Moonshadow:
There are clumps every ten feet or so where something has landed on the deck and then jumped off again medium sized roughly bipedal Monnshadow appears to be standing in the middle of one of them

Arthas notes two pings of magic from below decks 1 at the re section and one at the aft but both appear to be on the level below

(also the deck is covered in barnacles and seaweed mking it difficult terrain. From what you can tell the railings are clear enough to treat as balance beams so can be traversed with acrobatics if required)

Radiant Oath

HP 28/28 | AC 19/21 \ F +7 R +7 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | speed 25| Hero 1/1 | focus 1/1

”We should check those rooms before we go below”, says Moonshadow.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

The dwarf moves with his shield as readied. It seems there is something on board. Be prepared for an encounter. Perhaps we can talk. Let's see. We must inspect the inside of the ship. Let's move on, guys. Then he approaches from the stairs waiting for his companions to follow him.


Maps and slides

The two cabinets are largely empty; a few heaps of soggy wood that might have been crates remain in the forward cabin, and the aft cabin contains a few fragments of metal and wood that suggest it might have once been decorated more comfortably.

You make your way down the stairs that lead below

Sharp beams of sunlight light filter down through cracks in the main deck to cast this cargo hold in a dim light.Though the ship’s original armaments are now little more than rotted ballista mounts, this area shows signs of recent activity, including intact shipping crates, a recently broken crate, a few boxes all stacked very tidily, and faint trails worn through the slippery vegetation growing over the deck. Wooden doors in finer condition that the rest of the boat stand to the nows and stern, but the stairs leading further down now lead only into dark, scummy water.

From one of the ballista mounts a strange stiched together creature emerges and makes a guttural merp

The floor of the cargo hold is also difficult terrain due to the slippery algae underfoot. the doors look recently replaced on this level, as the previous ones had rotted away. on the cabins above

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

Well here are they. The dwarf prevents his companions. Let's try to make them out of the boat without killing them.

Then he picks some food from his backpack to throw it between him and the creature.

Do you want something to eat?


Maps and slides

Was just rolling some sense motive checks for you all to give your cold reads

Dranthal Moonshadow:
THe creature appears more bored The ship has obviously been searched repeatedly, and all similar items are stacked
neatly where they were found. The creature could be entertained with a successful check to Perform, Although the broken crate actually forms a bookcase so written texts could be a way to entertain the beast

Tandang:
the creature looks bored

Merp does not appear to be a word anyone recognises It looks at the rations with a curious expression and bounds forward before carefully tidying it into a pile and putting it to one side. THen itstarts running its tentacled hand over the deck where the food was

Arthas thinks the rear magic ping is through the doors on this level but the forward ping is too far from his current position to register

Please check the link Absalom initiation in my header to see the map and cool artwork for the creature

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

A comedian, a singer, an acrobat, a storyteller, a magician, well somebody to get them out of the bore so we can bring them back to the lodge. They seem an interesting creature to identify.

The dwarf is looking at his companions as he's not very skilled to entertain the public.

Euh there are two of them?


Maps and slides

(no just one when the food was thrown between you it jumped forward ten feet) I will reomove the second figure marking the original position and leave the outline


Maps and slides

I rolled some knowledge checks for you all

liam thinks:
This is a fleshforged Dreg A rar construct from Geb it looks like it could probably leap ten feet and punch in the same movement

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +6, AC 21, Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +8 / Active conditions:

The inventor is waiting.

Radiant Oath

HP 28/28 | AC 19/21 \ F +7 R +7 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | speed 25| Hero 1/1 | focus 1/1

Moonshadow clears his throat, and tries his hand at some poetry.

”Justice swift on silent wings,
Guardian of…other things.
Prowling in the gloom of night,
Silent as a…flying kite?”

Performance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Maps and slides

Moonshadows poetry is entertaining enough to keep the creature happy as the rest of the group explore the rest of this level The aft cabin contains an everburning torch sety in a lantern and lots of papers including both writs of inspection signed by Armistead Pinmau and a lot of financial records including payments to one Armistead Pinmau. The forward cabin contains 6 bunks and a couple of crying angel pendants

Having gained the evidence that Gorm requires you quickly gather back to the boat and then head to the petals district and ask about the ritual and learn that Tavaar is conducting her rituals at the Blakros museum Yes i knowbut she was keen to get her work ready for publication and assures us all she knows how not to get the shadowenergy of the museum out of her ritual and most of the best tomes are there

You arrive at the museum to find it closed but you do catch sight of the door simply closing and no additional locking sounds

Grand Archive

Male Human Inventor 7 | HP 85/85 | AC 26/28 | F+13 R+12 (+14 Bulwark) W+11; cold and fire resist 3/5 Negative resist 1| Perc +9 (Initiative +11) | Shield Hardness 8 HP 64/64 | Speed 30 ft | Hero Points 1 | Exploration: Defend| Active Conditions: None

Liam steps forward and tries the door, his weapon stowed but his shield ready.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

Let's move inside and ask to find Tavaar.

The dwarf goes to find the desk or someone still in the museum.

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +6, AC 21, Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +8 / Active conditions:

The inventor follows Dran'Thal.

Radiant Oath

HP 28/28 | AC 19/21 \ F +7 R +7 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +7 | speed 25| Hero 1/1 | focus 1/1

Moonshadow heads in, listening for any signs of a ritual.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

So does anyone here know Tavaar? She's supposed to be addict to ritual.

The dwarf tries to ask around.


Maps and slides

Inside there is a cleaning lady who assures you the musem is closed but at mention of Tavaar directs you upstairs. You make your way to the top floor of the museum noticing several manifestations of what appear to be past conversations passing a lecturehall you hear “...and rather than engage in a responsible, controlled study of the codebook, Yargos Gill decided—imprudently—to simply execute the signals listed therein...” Despite the room being empty. In the hall of incantation you see a shadowy misty version of a half orc in a pirate hat asking "do you wanty a bit more kick in that punch" which also disperses into the shadows

You enter the hall of legendary beasts A gigantic reptilian beast is on display in the center of this expansive gallery, ferociously leering over the collection of taxidermy animals and monsters. Shadows flit between the displays, meandering and shuffling shapes reminiscent of museum patrons. Then a distant shriek echoes off the walls, as the shadow of a stuffed owlbear lashes out at one of the shadow-visitors with its talons. The shadow of the tyrannosaur in the room’s center departs from its source and snaps at the misty image of another patron, tossing its head back and seeming to swallow its meal nearly whole. Other shadows snarl and hiss, scuffling amongst themselves as shadow-guests panic and run toward the exit. You determine these are ot dangerous yet but hurry up the stairs to see what is happening with the ritual

You finally reach the third floor
Droning voices echo off the mahogany walls and domed, plaster ceiling of this luxurious room. The sumptuous furniture has been pushed to the sides of the room, making space for eldritch markings and mystical paraphernalia laid carefully over the plush carpet. The chamber seems muted and dim despite the crystal chandelier overhead, and a bone-numbing chill seeps through the space along with a metallic scent. A ritual is obviously underway here, but it doesn’t seem as though it’s working as planned. Shadowy energy lashes out from a twisting breach in the center of the room, and indistinct shapes flit and scuttle along the walls. What are those shadowy things asks one of the students Please keep focus on the ritual. the woman at the head of the ritual states before asking you um who are you

You are in initative There are a total of nine shadowy thngs clinging to the shadows at the edge of the room to identify them first requires a successlful seek action dc19 The ritual is an occult one a hard check will help fix the ritual a moderate one will give you insight as to what other skills may help. Arcana and thievery suggests themselves from your early gather info checks one stride action gets you close enough to aid in the ritual or stand beside someone who is

Grand Archive

Human Inventor 4 / HP 48/48, Perc +6, AC 21, Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +8 / Active conditions:

The inventor tries to gather information.

Arcana:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Magus 4 / HP 54/54, Perc +7, AC 21(23), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +9 / Active conditions: Darkvision vision, Shield block, Resist 1 negative damage, Emergency targe

The dwarf tries to figure out what to do in the actual situation.

Arcana:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Maps and slides

Lendaru move forward to look over the ritual and find nothing to help although Lendaru realises what's really wrong is the lack of confidence in those performing the ritual either deception (You're doing great) or diplomacy (you sort the ritual well deal with the things) can work to boost the confidence of the ritualists

Just to stress we are in initiative You did not crit the gather info about the ritual but someone crit failed so the arcana and thievery was a false lead
Arthas 3 actions
Dran'Thal 1 actions remaining
Lendaru 1 action remaining
Liam Prentis 3 actions
Tandang Boreas 3 actions
Moonshadow 3 actions

51 to 100 of 144 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS2e Repeatable Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.