GM supervillan's 5-13 Weapon in the Rift [Low Tier, Gameday] (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

Maps and Slides


351 to 386 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

If Vosk gets the obscuring mist up, will the players acting after him need to make those gaze saves? If not, I’ll wait to see if that is what Vosk does before posting.


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Vosk gulps hard, turns his back on the Demon and pulls out a scroll. Charging it with arcane energy, it instantly vaporizes and rapidly fills the room with a thick fog.
________
Turn back to Demon, move to draw scroll, standard to cast it. Let's get those prisms going!

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter refuses to look at Salazar again, focusing on the prisms and control panel. The lifeless look in his companion’s eyes from the brief glance earlier still haunts him though. The mist descending is very welcome in that regard.

But he buries the tears, jams the second orb into the slot and readies to flip what he thinks is the right switch in the mangled remains of the machine, ”When ready Vosk, count it down. I’ll trigger this half.”

Readied Activation:
Intelligence + 1 of 3 Inspiration Points burned: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 1 + (4) = 17

If Knowledge: Engineering would give him a better shot he has that at + 6 instead of Intelligence of +1.

I can’t move Dexter on my phone, the most is blocking access. But he would have at least a 5-ft step available to get in position if that is necessary for activation.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Dexter and Salazar wrote:


I can’t move Dexter on my phone, the most is blocking access. But he would have at least a 5-ft step available to get in position if that is necessary for activation.

I'm too dumb to figure out how to move Dexter's (or anyone else's) icon at the control panel due to the template for the Obscuring Mist. When I try to move any of the icons, it 'grabs' only the template.

#2: If Hskoro can move, Trajan will wait to see if anyone needs assistance/aid with anything. If Hskoro is still paralyzed, Trajan will grab the prism Hskoro is holding and install it into the control panel. Which brings up the next question, are there aids/assistance rolls for the PCs operating the machine?


| Mammoths

Mist template has been adjusted, it is now "behind" all the PC tokens and you should be able to move.

Given the initiative order, everyone bar Radiarch is protected from the demon's gaze by the mist so Hskoro will be able to act.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro grabs the Prism given to him and moves to place it in the device.


| Mammoths

Vosk conjures a cloud of mist, screening the pathfinders on the platform from the paralysing glare of the shemazian.

Dexter loads another prism and gets ready to throw one of the firing dials.

You're a little ahead of yourself there Dexter. Once four prisms are loaded, the weapon then requires a Full Round Action to arm. Once armed, two standard actions are needed to throw the firing dials (one at each end of the platform (north-south). You can still ready an action to fire once the weapon is armed.

The character arming the weapon may make an INT or UMD check as a free action. Another character may Aid Another if they assist in the arming, but this will also need a Full Round Action.

Hskoro steps over to the console and loads a fourth cylinder. The console thrums with power, sparks flying from damaged sections!

Round 5 / 6

Trajan, -3 WIS, -6hp, 1 negative level, fly
Shemhazian
Ollysta Zadrian
Radiarch, -25hp
Vosk, -31hp
Dexter, -22hp
Hskoro, -36hp

The bold may act!

Active conditions: haste, control platform grants cover vs ground floor, obscuring mist

prisms:

Radiarch, 1 x 2 charges

loaded: 2 x 8c, 1 x 5c, 1 x 4c

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Could Dexter change his action to aid Vosk? Does throwing the firing dial require a check? Braindead Trajan can do something stupid people can do.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet
GM supervillan wrote:

Going to assume Trajan has no way to take actions whilst paralysed.

The grotesque demon on the stairs tears Doran's throat out. The pathfinder is dead before he hits the ground. I'll leave Doran's token on the stairs where he fell, greyed out.

Vosk flies up to the control platform. The wizard sees many dials and switches, and immediately recognises that firing the weapon will require two dials to be turned simultaneously - and one is at each end of the control platform. It will take two people to fire, or one person with very long arms. Reach 10 would do it. With finesse, it should be possible to compensate for some of the damage that has been caused to the device. An INT check or a UMD check can be made by a PC operating the console when it is fired. But it won't fire without four prisms being loaded first.

I'll repeat some of this in Discussion for ease of reference.

My bad, I just posted actions based upon what was said earlier (shown above) about activating the device. However I apparently did not reference the OOC post mentioned that gave the extra details. This now creates an action economy quandary though. If Dexter attempts to Arm the weapon (splitting a Standard this round and next) we can have two PC’s fire it right after he acts next turn. But if we wait for Vosk to do it next turn, we won’t be able to fire it until the round After, but will have the slightly higher Modifier from him to negate the damage to the weapon. Thoughts?

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Erastil, heal my wounds and bless my bow for this next shot. For myself. My friends here. My family. For Nerosyan..." Radiarch begins praying, palming his chest and then nocking a new arrow as his azure bow flashes in holy light.

Lay on Hands (self, swift): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Divine Bond, +1 enhancement bonus for next round


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8
Dexter and Salazar wrote:
GM supervillan wrote:

Going to assume Trajan has no way to take actions whilst paralysed.

The grotesque demon on the stairs tears Doran's throat out. The pathfinder is dead before he hits the ground. I'll leave Doran's token on the stairs where he fell, greyed out.

Vosk flies up to the control platform. The wizard sees many dials and switches, and immediately recognises that firing the weapon will require two dials to be turned simultaneously - and one is at each end of the control platform. It will take two people to fire, or one person with very long arms. Reach 10 would do it. With finesse, it should be possible to compensate for some of the damage that has been caused to the device. An INT check or a UMD check can be made by a PC operating the console when it is fired. But it won't fire without four prisms being loaded first.

I'll repeat some of this in Discussion for ease of reference.

My bad, I just posted actions based upon what was said earlier (shown above) about activating the device. However I apparently did not reference the OOC post mentioned that gave the extra details. This now creates an action economy quandary though. If Dexter attempts to Arm the weapon (splitting a Standard this round and next) we can have two PC’s fire it right after he acts next turn. But if we wait for Vosk to do it next turn, we won’t be able to fire it until the round After, but will have the slightly higher Modifier from him to negate the damage to the weapon. Thoughts?

With the VC essentially one round from getting killed by that Demon, I think we have no choice but to attempt to arm the weapon this round!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:
Dexter and Salazar wrote:


My bad, I just posted actions based upon what was said earlier (shown above) about activating the device. However I apparently did not reference the OOC post mentioned that gave the extra details. This now creates an action economy quandary though. If Dexter attempts to Arm the weapon (splitting a Standard this round and next) we can have two PC’s fire it right after he acts next turn. But if we wait for Vosk to do it next turn, we won’t be able to fire it until the round After, but will have the slightly higher Modifier from him to negate the damage to the weapon. Thoughts?

With the VC essentially one round from getting killed by that Demon, I think we have no choice but to attempt to arm the weapon this round!

If we have enough PC actions to activate and fire it this round I'd support doing so but from the GM's post in Discussion, it doesn't sound like we do; it sounds like no one with a decent Int bonus has a full round action available. Trajan does, but with the way he's been rolling, I wouldn't trust him with a +0 Int bonus.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

So I’m seeing that we probably want Dexter to split two standards to Arm it. Trajan could arm it with a full round, but that would literally take the same time and with a lower Int bonus (and no inspiration). If we are cool with that Dexter will go ahead with that plan.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Dexter and Salazar wrote:
So I’m seeing that we probably want Dexter to split two standards to Arm it. Trajan could arm it with a full round, but that would literally take the same time and with a lower Int bonus (and no inspiration). If we are cool with that Dexter will go ahead with that plan.

Trajan should be the last resort for an Int check lol. As I wrote earlier, with Inspiration Dexter has the same bonus as Vosk (+5) and he hit a better than average roll (12) so I'd go with that. Vosk's bonus means he stands a very good chance of assisting. Then Trajan and Hskoro can flip the switches (as long as we don't need brain power we're okay). If the VC dies, so be it; it's the price for failing too many saves.


| Mammoths

Radiarch, what do you do about the demon's gaze? You can lay on hands and activate your Divine Bond with closed eyes if you wish?

With the weapon loaded, Dexter begins the arming sequence!

Trajan is up.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:

Radiarch, what do you do about the demon's gaze? You can lay on hands and activate your Divine Bond with closed eyes if you wish?

With the weapon loaded, Dexter begins the arming sequence!

Trajan is up.

Flipping the switch I guess?

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None
GM supervillan wrote:

Radiarch, what do you do about the demon's gaze? You can lay on hands and activate your Divine Bond with closed eyes if you wish?

Yep, eyes closed for prayer. :P


| Mammoths

Radiarch closes his eyes in prayer.

Trajan takes hold of one of the firing dials, waiting for the signal from his fellows.

"Fire the weapon pathfinders! Fire it n- ack! aaarrggghhh!!"

Ollysta Zadrian's urging is cut short in a bloody gargle. The shemhazian roars in triumph.

Your champion is dead by my hand! Your allies outside scatter before my legions! You are lost!

Round 6

Trajan, -3 WIS, -6hp, 1 negative level, fly, Ready to fire
Shemhazian
Ollysta Zadrian
Radiarch, -22hp
Vosk, -31hp
Dexter, -22hp. arming weapon
Hskoro, -36hp

The bold may act!

Active conditions: haste, control platform grants cover vs ground floor, obscuring mist

prisms:

Radiarch, 1 x 2 charges
loaded: 2 x 8c, 1 x 5c, 1 x 4c

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter finishes arming the weapon.

"Done, do it."

Any emotion or hope he had is gone as he looks down at Salazar's mangled body.

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"... for my Venture Captain. For Salazar. For Dorian!" Radiarch cries out, palming his chest once more, eyes now open and ablaze with righteous fury as he aims his arrow once more, letting it loose towards the foul beast before him.
Lay on Hands: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Longbow + Bullseye Shot + Divine Bond: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage + Divine Bond: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Well, it was a good run at least.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Once Vosk does his aid attempt then Hskoro and Trajan will flip the switches? Sounds like that was the plan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Vosk follows Dexter's lead and covers any minor shortcomings that crop up due to the Demon's damage to the machine.
________
Aid Dexter?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Success!


| Mammoths

Dexter finishes arming the weapon, with advice from Vosk.

Radiarch Fort vs Gaze: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Radiarch steels himself and looses an arrow at the murderous shemhazian! But it bounces harmlessly off the creature's hide. Miss

Trajan stands ready to throw one of the firing dials...

I don't really want to bot Hskoro unless I have to, so I'll give him another 24 hours. He is in a position to be able to throw the second firing dial.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:

Dexter finishes arming the weapon, with advice from Vosk.

[dice=Radiarch Fort vs Gaze]1d20+8

Radiarch steels himself and looses an arrow at the murderous shemhazian! But it bounces harmlessly off the creature's hide. Miss

Trajan stands ready to throw one of the firing dials...

I don't really want to bot Hskoro unless I have to, so I'll give him another 24 hours. He is in a position to be able to throw the second firing dial.

I don't know what other action he would take.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro rushes over to the second firing dial and activates it. "Fire damn thing and end this threat."


| Mammoths

On cue, Trajan and Hskoro throw the firing dials.

Windows in the tower iris open.

The liquid-like glow in the prisms flows into the complex machine - but one of the prisms sparks violently! Damage to the console prevents the divine energy from flowing. Vosk and Dexter desperately compensate, turning dials and throwing levers. They manage to get a little more out of the jammed prism.

The astrolabe apparatus in the centre of the tower whirs into life. Outside the mist cloud, Radiarch sees the shemhazian look up at the device in confounded rage.

The energy flows into the astrolabe-device. Suddenly there's a blue-white flash that penetrates even the fog. The weapon's energy washes over the battlefield outside, and an instant later all is silent.

The shemhazian is gone.

Vosk:
Ghalcor's weapon affects you, as the shade of the cleric said: your soul suffers under an onslaught of holy wrath. Attempt a DC20 Will save. If you fail you are blinded and deafened - but both effects wear off after just a few rounds.

Combat over!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Trajan kneels in prayer and thanks not just Iomedae but the entire Godclaw for the group's victory and asks them to watch over the souls of all who died today.
He stands and looks to Dexter as he speaks, "Good Dexter, you are a druid and a gnome so your ways are a mystery to me. In the traditions of my faith and my people it would be my honor to bear Salazar from this place and see that he is buried with honors and prayers as befits a hero who gave his life to save that of another. But as he is your companion I will understand if you prefer to remember and honor him in your way."

Trajan then addresses Radiarch and Hskoro, "If you would please bear Doran from this place until we get outside; I'm hopeful the Crusaders will have clerics capable of bringing Doran back unless it is his will to enter the paradise of his faith."

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

The Mendevian archer knight acknowledges Trajan's request, though also reluctantly looking to the bodies of his fallen Silcer Crusade leaders.

"But of course I will help carry him. He will be honored regardless and I'll ensure we get his needs attended to expeditiously... Tis a grave day, but a victorious one. As for you all, you are welcome to my family estate outside Nerosyan for a well cooked meal and rest. You have surely earned it before your journey back to the Grand Lodge or where ever you are going next."

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter, who is sobbing over Salazar’s body, looks up at Trajan.

”I uh… ehem. There may be survivors. Let us go look. Talk of the dead can wait.”

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Heal + Inspiration: 1d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 3 + (2) = 19

He has a wand of CLW if anyone is hanging on. And stabilize (the spell) too.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Dexter and Salazar wrote:

Dexter, who is sobbing over Salazar’s body, looks up at Trajan.

”I uh… ehem. There may be survivors. Let us go look. Talk of the dead can wait.”

[dice=Perception]1d20+13
[dice=Heal + Inspiration]1d20+3+1d6

He has a wand of CLW if anyone is hanging on. And stabilize (the spell) too.

"Of course. Although I'm not hopeful they withstood the fury of that foul demon."

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

"I will use my shield to carry the dead while we move out, checking on the wounded." Hskoro readies his shield.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter will help bury or carry the dead, putting off concerns about Salazar’s body until then.

When it is time to finally go he answers Trajan’s offer, ”There is a sacred place to us. A hidden glade near our home that we would often take the day off to just go relax. He would root for mushrooms and we would forage in the woods for food. I think… I think that would be a nice place to lay him to rest. I would be happy for the assistance getting him home though, thank you.”

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Dexter and Salazar wrote:

Dexter will help bury or carry the dead, putting off concerns about Salazar’s body until then.

When it is time to finally go he answers Trajan’s offer, ”There is a sacred place to us. A hidden glade near our home that we would often take the day off to just go relax. He would root for mushrooms and we would forage in the woods for food. I think… I think that would be a nice place to lay him to rest. I would be happy for the assistance getting him home though, thank you.”

"I would be honored to accompany you to take Salazar home."

Kneeling by Salazar, Trajan says more prayers for him. Then, in a move that would likely shock many crusaders, Trajan removes his tabard bearing the insignias of the Hellknights and the Order of the Godclaw, and gently places it over Salazar. Perhaps more shocking is when he draws a cold iron longsword and lays it across the tabard.

"Even without a sword he was a warrior; I salute his loyalty and courage."


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Vosk staggers for a moment when the weapon goes off, but quickly collects himself.

With a hand on Salazar, he lays a one final snack on his favorite ally. "What a bad ass little hellion..."
________
Will, DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Mammoths

Faint cheering can be heard outside the tower.

You carry the dead forth.

Outside, the ground is littered with the corpses of crusaders and demons. It seems that, until Ghalcor's weapon was fired, the crusaders were coming off worse.

The survivors do not fault you for the deaths of Ollysta Zadrian and her vanguard. For their deaths, and those of the pathfinders, were not in vain. The Mendevian Crusade has gained a fortress within the Worldwound, and one with a near-unstoppable weapon against the demonic hosts. Riders are sent to inform Queen Galfrey of the mission's success.

There are no crusader clerics on hand with the power to raise the dead. But you rendezvous with Venture-Captain Jorsal of Lauterbury at the village of Gundrun, and make haste for Nerosyan. Staying at Radiarch's family home, you recuperate whilst arrangements are made on behalf of both Ollysta Zadrian and Doran - and not forgetting the noble Salazar.

“Since the attack on the Starrise Spire, the Pathfinder Society has been working tirelessly to assist the people of Nerosyan" the Venture-Captain tells you. "While performing rescue missions, diplomatic assignments, and stealth operations, you Pathfinders have shouldered great responsibilities and realised even greater goals. I applaud all of you for your tireless pursuit in fighting for what is right. In this time of need, it is good to see a team such as yourselves work together to complete what was thought impossible. For this, Mendev - truly all of Avistan - shall remember you, and all who made the ultimate sacrifice for Good.”

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Trajan will thank VC Jorsal for his kind words, "Indeed we must remember the fallen and keep not just their names but their words and deeds in our memories. I will endeavor to become stronger in my faith, repent for my weakness, and not fail our comrades next time."

351 to 386 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's 5-13 Weapon in the Rift [Low Tier, Gameday] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.