GM supervillan's 5-13 Weapon in the Rift [Low Tier, Gameday] (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

Maps and Slides


251 to 300 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Radiarch Eklesya wrote:

Retconning the post above...

Radiarch will reach over and help apply more Balm of Holy Weapon to Trajan's nodachi.

Replying in Discussion.


| Mammoths

Dexter defends himself - just in case the spook goes after him next time. Hskoro does likewise.

Radiarch realises his arrows can't hurt the tortured spirit, and calls out to the second paladin in the group to work together. But Trajan is currently invisible.

Not long to wait though, since the invisibility is only 1 round duration it expires right before Vosk acts, so all Radiarch needs to do is Delay till then.

When Trajan reappears, Radiarch helps out by applying more of his blessed oil to the Hellknight's blade. Trajan raises the blade in readiness.

Doran readies his own sword. Salazar growls and slavers.

Vosk holds his wand steady, to repeat the vanishing trick.

shade Ref DC10 vs balm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The spirit re-emerges next to Trajan, and before it can strike the Hellknight's blessed blade rends the shade in twain! Uses the second pot of balm up.

Out of combat!

There is a moment of respite.

Then, in the next room, you see another phantom rise from the shrivelled corpse on the floor. But this one is as bright as the first was dark. A beatific smile appears on his lips as he notices you.

“For the second time, demons draw near,” the ghost of Ghalcor explains. “If you have made it this far, then I trust you have disabled many of my tower’s defences—contingencies that trapped even me when they triggered. The weapon awaits beyond, though I suspect it lacks the energy to activate properly. The prisms that you have seen store the essence of Heaven itself, which I harvested out of hubris. You will see places to slot them in the control panel at the top of the stairs. Once you are ready to fire the weapon, turn both keys at once, and I shall pray that my creation is powerful enough to banish the scourge of Sarkoris.”

The bright spirit begins to fade...

Doran, -6 WIS
Trajan, -3 WIS

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

"How many prisms do we need to make the weapon fire? We only have Someone help me out; I think we have 5 prisms now. The puzzle lock, the hound archons, the religious workshop room, and then these 2 in here. five prisms and they aren't fully charged. How many charges does the weapon require to activate?"

More to discuss in the Discussion tab.


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"Before you go, does it matter how filled the prisms are in relation to the strength of the weapon?!" Vosk blurts out.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

A small voice shouts out to the new ghost as well, ”Hubris aside, what exactly does the weapon… do?”

The source of that voice then looks around at his allies as he stands up straight, lowering his shield, ”Prism discussion aside, I saw the ghost appear to hit several of you, but no injuries. Are you all ok? If it effected your spirit instead of your flesh, I may have a scroll that can help.”

If someone wants Lesser Restoration cast on them:
Wisdom Damage Healed: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Please use it on Doran; as our scout and trapfinder/disabler, he needs his Wisdom back.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

I have 2 scrolls of lesser restoration...and ty for the Wis back...need it...will post again in a few...busy here...

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

ok..if someone can use one of my scrolls on me that'd be cool...Dexter, save your scroll...consider both mine used for this...

wis heal: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Now...can we charge this thing?
any way we can determine a way to charge them? outside of letting it suck the life from us? if needed I will take the hit...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Doran Therinor wrote:

ok..if someone can use one of my scrolls on me that'd be cool...Dexter, save your scroll...consider both mine used for this...

[dice=wis heal]1d4

Now...can we charge this thing?
any way we can determine a way to charge them? outside of letting it suck the life from us? if needed I will take the hit...

Check the Discussion tab; I made a few posts summarizing the situation with the prisms and a note about the suits in this room. Short answer is yes we can charge them and my posts outline the how and what Trajan has on hand to help.

Trajan takes the second scroll and reads it over Doran.
#2 - To save some time. If Radiarch can read one of Trajan's over him, we'll have the Wis drain addressed.

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None
Decimus Gallonica Trajan wrote:


#2 - To save some time. If Radiarch can read one of Trajan's over him, we'll have the Wis drain addressed.

Obliged. Just a 1d4 roll right?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Radiarch Eklesya wrote:
Decimus Gallonica Trajan wrote:


#2 - To save some time. If Radiarch can read one of Trajan's over him, we'll have the Wis drain addressed.
Obliged. Just a 1d4 roll right?

Yep!


| Mammoths

"My creation channels holy energy over a massive area, as if Iomedae herself had spoken a single word of ineffable holiness" Ghalcor's ghost answers. "All who are evil shall feel its wrath.”

"The weapon requires four sacred prisms. The greater the total charge, the more potent the weapon's effect should be."

There is a small chance that our paladins can mis-cast the Scrolls of Lesser Restoration. Both Trajan and Radiarch have a caster level of 2, the scrolls are CL3. To use the scrolls, you need to make a DC4 CL check. Basically you'll only fail on a 1 on a d20 roll. If you do fail, you then need to pass of DC5 Wis check or suffer a mishap.

You have 3 scrolls of Lesser Restoration, between Dexter and Doran. Assuming you want to use them all, Dexter can cast his own whilst the two paladin's use Doran's. It takes 3 rounds to cast the Lesser Restoration spells. You can keep the two results already rolled, assuming no mis-casting.

As you begin repairing the spiritual damage of the mad shade's attacks, from beyond the door beside Ghalcor's corpse comes a terrible sound, like the shearing of something massive and metallic. "The demons! Nooooooo..." the ghost of Ghalcor wails, and fades away completely.

Besides the corpse, underneath it, you spot a knapsack.

I'll need to know who is carrying which prism(s) now. What do the rest of you do whilst the Lesser Restorations are cast?

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter will take all the scrolls and cast them (if that is cool so no chance of failure) while the others prepare for the demons on the other side of the door.

3rd casting: 1d4 ⇒ 3

That should cover all the wisdom damage. Dexter is happy to carry a prism if we split them up, he’s also fine not carrying one.

”If you are gonna charge them, better do it now. Those demons seem ready to rip us to pieces.”

If they have time before opening the door he will also use a scroll of feather step on Salazar (10m duration).

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

"I can attempt to hold off any demons that can storming toward us while some of you try to activate the device."

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Looks like I get to try to use that thing...Trajan..check out that backpack... Doran says as he grabs a pair of prisms and gets ready to activate it.

assuming i need a DD roll to activate it? if not, I'll be on the front line to hold the demons off...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

"For now we stick together. We have no idea how far away the prisms are located from one another; each of us may need to take one and place it in the weapon. First we put on those leather suits; they had them here for a reason and I don't want to activate the weapon only to find out it incinerated us first. We also need to begin charging the prisms."

@Dexter: Use one of Trajan's Lesser Restoration scrolls on him.

While Dexter is doing that for 3 rounds, Trajan will indicate to Radiarch where the 2 Scrolls of Veil of Positive Energy are on his bandolier. Trajan will cast one into the 6 charge prism while Radiarch casts the other - leaving that prism fully charged.

On the 2nd round of Dexter's scroll casting, Trajan and Radiarch will repeat the process with Trajan's 2 Scrolls of Protection from Evil on the empty prism to bring it to 2 charges.

On the 3rd round of Dexter's scroll casting, Trajan will take one of the 4 charge prisms and kneel in prayer. First to Iomedae and then to the Godclaw to give the group the power to exact vengeance on the demonic horde.
#2: Trajan will spend a full-round action to focus his energy into the prism.
Prism Charging: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Great, a 1, that makes perfect sense. Too bad I don't have a reroll.

@GM: I've subtracted 5 HP from Trajan's total. I don't want to change everything else in his profile so I'll add the negative 1 to his rolls as I make them but you'll have to make the init change. Where are we at on the spell durations of Heroism and the Magic Circle spells?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Doran Therinor wrote:

Looks like I get to try to use that thing...Trajan..check out that backpack... Doran says as he grabs a pair of prisms and gets ready to activate it.

assuming i need a DD roll to activate it? if not, I'll be on the front line to hold the demons off...

"If someone else could examine the backpack; I need time to cast spells to charge the prisms. And we need to find the weapon first before activating the prisms."


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Vosk takes a look at the backpack and scans it for magic. For good measure, he scans the leather suits too.
________
Spellcraft?: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Spellcraft?: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
Vosk has one Circle Against Evil scroll left, that can be sacrificed to the prisms too! Stats for the leather suits?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:


Vosk has one Circle Against Evil scroll left, that can be sacrificed to the prisms too! Stats for the leather suits?

Trajan has one left as well. I've asked the GM for a duration update on the first scroll Vosk used. We should probably cast one on either Vosk again and/or someone else, depending on if the party needs to split. Or we could roll the dice and use both Scrolls to get 6 more charges.

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

@Trajan, Thanks for laying that out. So just so I'm clear, I'm rolling two charges in all?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Radiarch Eklesya wrote:
@Trajan, Thanks for laying that out. So just so I'm clear, I'm rolling two charges in all?

That's entirely your call. Realize that each negative level imposes a cumulative -1 penalty on just about everything: attack rolls, saves, skill checks, ability checks and the PC loses 5 HP from their max. For Radiarch, I'd be very concerned about that last part. He only has 39 HP so if he takes 2 negative levels, he'd be down to 29 HP - one fireball and he could be out of the fight. I'm waiting to see how the spell duration for the Magic Circle is holding up before discussing how we want to use the remaining 2 Magic Circle vs. Evil scrolls. Using them for charges would be 6 total, a huge benefit, but most PCs could use the bonuses from the spell so it's a tough choice. Trajan and Radiarch burned through 4 of Trajan's scrolls to 'fuel' the prisms with 4 charges. I think we need more charges in those prisms. I might have Trajan take a 2nd negative level thanks to me rolling a damn 1 on the first attempt.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

And can anyone not involved in casting/charging see what's going on in the other room?


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Vosk can check out the other room too, depending on the backpack results!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:
Vosk can check out the other room too, depending on the backpack results!

This is the 'worst case' gamer in me emerging again but I suspect the "from beyond the door beside Ghalcor's corpse comes a terrible sound, like the shearing of something massive and metallic" could be a higher priority than the knapsack. Or if we have two people who could go; Trajan can look while Dexter is casting on Doran.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Are we talking about opening a new door while half of us are removing debuffs and buffing? If so, that seems very unwise. If something else, let me know.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Dexter and Salazar wrote:
Are we talking about opening a new door while half of us are removing debuffs and buffing? If so, that seems very unwise. If something else, let me know.

It is unwise but sometimes circumstances in a module leave only bad options and you have to hold your nose and pick a path.


| Mammoths

Okay, got a lot of actions to summarise here!

As Dexter begins repairing Doran's mental injuries, Trajan and Radiarch take scrolls and start charging up the crystal prisms with holy magic. Vosk examines the knapsack with the aid of Detect Magic, and senses that the corpse's priestly robe is enchanted. The wizard finds a magic potion and a scroll in the bag. It will take three rounds to identify any of these items with Spellcraft, though Perception can also be used on the potion and Read Magic may be used on the scroll. The leather suits do not radiate magic. The suits would cover a person's entire body, complete with glass panels to allow a wearer to see normally and filtered ports to facilitate breathing. There are five suits sized for humans, and two that would fit a halfling or gnome. Meanwhile Hskoro guards the rear.

That's one round's actions.

The noise from beyond the northern door continues.

Dexter continues his casting. Doran hefts two of the prisms. Trajan and Radiarch use up two more holy scrolls to charge up prisms.

Still, the din from the north goes on.

Finally, Dexter finishes his spell and relieves some of Doran's anguish. I'll take the 3 that Dexter first rolled on Lesser Restoration, leaving Doran with 3 WIS damage. Trajan offers up a portion of his own energy to fuel another prism.

At this point, Vosk may choose what to do with the items he's discovered, Hskoro has basically three rounds in which to make preparations or take other actions, and Radiarch has one round of actions.

The Heroism and Magic Circle are still active. It's been around 40 minutes since you first entered the tower (the lengthiest span of time being when you escorted the corrupted archons out and parleyed with the crusaders).

The wrenching noises continue. Loud thuds and crashes reverberate through the tower.


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

I think we have a bad situation on our hands, but I personally think the Lesser Restoration is worth the time to continue casting. If that's the course of action we choose, Vosk will spend those rounds getting after that robe. If not, he will follow everyone into the other room. GM, do those leather suits have any spell failure chance?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:
I think we have a bad situation on our hands, but I personally think the Lesser Restoration is worth the time to continue casting. If that's the course of action we choose, Vosk will spend those rounds getting after that robe. If not, he will follow everyone into the other room. GM, do those leather suits have any spell failure chance?

I don't like the sounds continuing. I'd argue finding out what the sound is would be more important than anything else at this point. I was hoping Hskoro or Doran (Doran doesn't need to be present for Dexter until the 3rd round of the casting) would see what's going on in the other room.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

If we go, we go together (now or in 6-7 more rounds) that’s my vote. But I’ll abide by an alternate plan if the majority approve.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Dexter and Salazar wrote:
If we go, we go together (now or in 6-7 more rounds) that’s my vote. But I’ll abide by an alternate plan if the majority approve.

Trajan will forgo his turn at the Lesser Restoration. I just think we need to see what's going on in the next room, especially if it's the room with the weapon. I can't think the sound is Iomedae saving us all; more than likely it's something bad. It looks like we're locked into the first 3 rounds of the first LR for Doran. I'm hoping Doran can check the door, open it, while Dexter is casting; the rules for magic state "You make all pertinent decisions about a spell (range, target, area, effect, version, and so forth) when the spell comes into effect." So Doran wouldn't need to be adjacent to Dexter until the third round of Dexter's casting.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:
I think we have a bad situation on our hands, but I personally think the Lesser Restoration is worth the time to continue casting. If that's the course of action we choose, Vosk will spend those rounds getting after that robe. If not, he will follow everyone into the other room. GM, do those leather suits have any spell failure chance?

Normally I'd agree but the 3 round casting time combined with the noise continuing in the other room for 3 rounds is hinting we'd better find out what the noise is and what's making it. Sometimes you don't get healed up before the next combat begins.


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Being locked into the first three rounds due to Lesser Restoration, I think it makes sense for Vosk to identify the robe (3 rounds also) and then hustle to the next room.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Doran will head to check the door.

perc, +3 if traps: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


| Mammoths

Vosk learns that the robe on the corpse is a Cassock of the Clergy, a minor magical item that grants the wearer a couple of divine spells and serves as a divine focus. The wizard believes that the leather suits will not impede arcane spellcasting, but it looks like it won't be quick to put them on. 2-3 rounds, although it's also possible to 'don hastily' in 1 round.

Doran finds nothing amiss about the iron door leading northwards.

It looks like you want to open the door now, rather than wait 3 more rounds for another Lesser Restoration?

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

yep

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Confirmed. I'll forgo action as well, as there's not much I can do right now anyhow it appears.


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Sounds right! Looks like we just need prism locations to proceed.


| Mammoths

I'll make an assumption about who carries which prisms in order to move us along.

Doran hefts two of the prisms. He opens the northern door, only to reveal another, similar portal.

At this point, you can wait one more round for Doran to check the second door for traps and proceed, or someone else can go ahead of him and try to open it.

The sounds of destruction are louder now, coming from beyond the second door.

Party Status

Doran, -3 WIS
Trajan, -3 WIS, 1 negative level

Prisms held

Doran, 2 x 8 charges
Trajan, 1 x 5 charges
Radiarch, 1 x 2 charges
Hskoro, 1 x 4 charges

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:

I'll make an assumption about who carries which prisms in order to move us along.

Doran hefts two of the prisms. He opens the northern door, only to reveal another, similar portal.

At this point, you can wait one more round for Doran to check the second door for traps and proceed, or someone else can go ahead of him and try to open it.

The sounds of destruction are louder now, coming from beyond the second door.

Party Status

Doran, -3 WIS
Trajan, -3 WIS, 1 negative level

Prisms held

Doran, 2 x 8 charges
Trajan, 1 x 5 charges
Radiarch, 1 x 2 charges
Hskoro, 1 x 4 charges

With the sound of destruction louder, Trajan doesn't wait any longer and opens the second door.

"Onward Pathfinders, this sound doesn't bode well for us!"

If it's trapped, give me the bad news.


| Mammoths
Trajan wrote:
If it's trapped, give me the bad news.

It's not trapped, but this will put us into Initiative. I've no time to make the necessary post now, expect it in around 24 hours :)

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Well, let's get to it then. Remember...cold wrought weapons... Doran says as he grabs his blade and grips it tightly in anticipation of the coming battle.


| Mammoths

Trajan pushes open the second door.

The entire room hums with energy. An immense column of silver and steel rises through the centre of the tower, almost touching the ceiling nearly one hundred feet above, where it’s capped by an elaborate device much like an astrolabe of gold and glass. Stairs made of metal mesh round the perimeter of the tower clockwise before reaching a platform twenty feet off the ground. A C-shaped console occupies much of the platform.

Two deformed, fiendish creatures occupy the room. One of them stands upon the staircase on the opposite side of the astrolabe. The second is on the high console to the east, taking great pleasure in tearing great chunks out of the complex machinery and hurling them to the floor.

Once you have line of sight to these creatures - Green or Red tokens on the map - you can attempt the spoilered Knowledge check.

Knowledge (Planes) DC16:
The pair of ratlike hunchbacks are Abrikandilu demons, but are obviously unusual specimens, even more violent and angry than typical wrecker demons. Demon barbarians :o

DC21

Spoiler:
Wrecker demons often serve as troops in demonic armies, for they delight in destruction and excel at it. Their natural attacks can quickly destroy buildings and ruin flesh. They can crit objects, gain a bonus to STR checks to destroy objects, and inflict a penalty on CHA checks with their bite attack.

DC26

Spoiler:
Wrecker demons hate beauty, even more so than their demon kin. But they loathe one thing even more: their own reflections. An Abrikandilu confronted with a mirror is like to attack it to the exclusion of anything else. You get a bonus to Intimidate an Abrikandilu if you present a mirror; it gets a Will save to avoid having to attempt to destroy the mirror.

DC31

Spoiler:
Wrecker demons have defences typical of minor demons: they are immune to poison and electricity, resistant to fire, cold and acid, and suffer reduced damage from weapons that are not cold iron.

DC36

Spoiler:
The wrecker demon has only a couple of weak spell-like abilities, being able to cast Cause Fear and Shatter, although they can use these several times each day.

From behind you, back in the direction that you came from, you hear the distinctive voice of Ollysta Zadrian: “Pathfinders! A Shemhazian approaches! Focus on activating the weapon! I will hold off the demon for as long as I draw breath!” The clatter of iron-shod feet signals the approach of a group of crusaders...

Initiative:

Trajan : 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 1 = 15
Dexter: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Pet Salazar: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Doran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Hskoro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Radiarch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Vosk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Green and Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The creature on the console ducks down out of sight - but continues tearing at the machinery and adding to a pile of rubble on the floor below.

The creature on the stairs brandishes a hunk of twisted metal - perhaps a piece of the staircase itself - waiting...

Round 1

Green
Red
Vosk
Doran, -3 WIS
Trajan, -3 WIS, 1 negative level
GM
GM
Radiarch
Dexter + Salazar
Hskoro

The bold may act!

The staircase is at ground level to the left, and rises to a height of 20 feet where it meets the control console on the right. We're on slide 2. You will need to scroll down to find your tokens.

Prisms held:

Doran, 2 x 8 charges
Trajan, 1 x 5 charges
Radiarch, 1 x 2 charges
Hskoro, 1 x 4 charges

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

I'm waiting to see what Vosk casts.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Can we assume no difficult terrain on the stairs since it appears to really gradually go up 20ft?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Dexter and Salazar wrote:
Can we assume no difficult terrain on the stairs since it appears to really gradually go up 20ft?

I dunno, that demon looks like fairly difficult terrain to walk over... ;)

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

We're going to have to fight to get to the control part...so be it! Doran says as he heads to the mechanism.

can someone move me please? got a screaming headache and can barely handle the dark mode for text..not opening the white maps...ty!


| Mammoths
Dexter wrote:
Can we assume no difficult terrain on the stairs since it appears to really gradually go up 20ft?

Only steep stairs are difficult terrain typically, and these are not especially steep. Acrobatics checks on the stairs are at a penalty and you can't use the Run action to scale them but they are not difficult terrain.

Doran heads up the stairs. The creature guarding the stairs catches sight of him and hurls a chunk of broken metal!

red v Doran, range: 1d20 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 8 = 8

The debris bounces off the staircase, causing some minor damage, but not getting anywhere near Doran. The guardian has clearly signalled its intent however.

Round 1

Green
Red
Vosk
Doran, -3 WIS
Trajan, -3 WIS, 1 negative level
GM
GM
Radiarch
Dexter + Salazar
Hskoro

The bold may act!

Moved you Doran. I've also changed the background colour on the slide but I hope you're head feels better by now!


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"Time is of the essence, so let's all have a little extra!" Vosk says, clapping his hands together. What starts as a slow clap builds into an impossibly fast blur of noise until a wave of orange energy busts over the party.

Moving in what must be a remarkably slow walk to the rest of the party, he heads across the main level towards the control platform. "An acutely violent pair of Abrikandilu demons! Take care for their bites and show them a mirror if you can!"
________
Planes (Heightened Awareness): 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 2 = 26 Check out those spoilers!
Since Vosk won initiative, GM, are you cool with the inclusion of Doran? Vosk only has 7 possible targets for Haste, so he will omit himself in favor of the rest of the party. He wants to cast Fly next turn anyways :) GM, for the whole mirror thing, how would it work if Vosk used Silent Image to replicate one of them? Or Instant Portrait? Don't have a mirror, so trying to get creative.


| Mammoths

Consider Doran hasted as well. I've adjusted his position on the map.

Trajan is up!

251 to 300 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's 5-13 Weapon in the Rift [Low Tier, Gameday] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.