GM supervillan's 5-13 Weapon in the Rift [Low Tier, Gameday] (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

Maps and Slides


1 to 50 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

Please dot and delete when invited


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

An urgent communication from Venture-Captain Jorsal of Lauterbury has sent you racing to the remote village of Gundrun, across the border of the Worldwound...

You may purchase supplies before setting out for Gundrun, but all you know in advance is that you're going to the Worldwound, a demon-infested wasteland.

...Gundrun is a ramshackle village built on the remains of a once proud clanhold, yet it’s among the few proper settlements that eke out a living in what was once the nation of Sarkoris. From the rough yet sturdy buildings, a Mwangi man bedecked in polished, nearly golden plate armour emblazoned with the holy symbol of Iomedae steps onto the dirt road and approaches with a friendly wave. It’s Venture-Captain Jorsal of Lauterbury.

“Pathfinders, it’s good to see you. Walk with me, if you will,” Jorsal requests as he turns toward a crude wooden structure. The he gives a quick signal to a standing guard and opens the door, motioning inwards. “Though the Pathfinder Society doesn’t have an official lodge here in Gundrun, the locals have allowed us to use part of Clefthorn Lodge as a war room to discuss upcoming missions and objectives. Please take a seat.”

As the room begins to fill, he closes the door behind him and makes his way to a small desk, where a large parchment map supports a host of red and blue figurines.

“During the First Mendevian Crusade, an Iomedaean cleric named Ghalcor and his assistants built a once-secret weapon to combat the encroaching demonic threat; however, the fighting ended before he could put it to use. I say ‘once-secret’ because the demons heard about the weapon and attacked the tower when combat resumed years later. It seems Ghalcor was caught off-guard. He and his team died in the assault, but not before they triggered special safeguards to keep anyone from capturing the weapon - demon, crusader, or otherwise. Since the weapon was never used, no one knows quite what it does or even how it works. What we do know is that we’ve spotted demons scouting the site as if they intend to break in soon. I trust you understand how that could be worrisome.”

He picks up several of the blue figurines and moves them from Gundrun to a site labeled ‘Ghalcor’s Tower.’ “Queen Galfrey has sent some of her forces to hold the area around Ghalcor’s Tower, but she needs specialists to find a way in. You,” he says with pride, “are those specialists. Travel north to the tower, enter it, handle any hostiles, and find out how the weapon works; you may also be called on to arm and even activate it, if circumstances demand. A brigade of Nerosyan’s crusaders is already on site awaiting your arrival, and the esteemed Ollysta Zadrian is due to arrive soon with a small contingent to reinforce their position. She may have more details once you arrive.

Make haste, and may the Inheritor guide your actions.”

Some scholars may recall information about Ghalcor and his engineers...

Knowledge (Religion OR History) DC15:

Ghalcor was a decorated cleric of Iomedae during the First and Second Mendevian Crusades but died in one of the opening skirmishes of the latter war.
DC20
Spoiler:
Ghalcor handpicked exemplary crusaders with sterling reputations for a secret project, and later studies showed that they heavily researched the nature of the planes and philosophical texts about morality before departing to construct their tower fortress. Ghalcor had a reputation as one who respected scholars of any background.

DC25
Spoiler:
The few research notes that survived Ghalcor’s death were instrumental in developing other powerful works, such as the wardstones that kept the demons at bay until recently.

DC30
Spoiler:
Iomedaen scholars prefer to downplay Ghalcor’s final investigations, which delved into several Sarkorian traditions of bloodletting and self-sacrifice to channel and focus one’s power.


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

A portly man towers over the war room's map table. Jewel encrusted hands rest comfortably on the top of his stomach and a small galaxy of gemstones slowly orbit his balding head. "I see why the matter was so urgent, Demons aren't good for business on a normal day and the situation is certainly not improved with this doom's day device!" Plenty far away from Taldor, but this could improve my own international connections.

"Baronet Vosk Lazav," he says to the others without looking, offering his hand to be kissed and rejecting all handshakes. "I'm exceptional at many things, but I suspect that this task will have me providing arcane support and the vast knowledge kept in the expanse of my keen mind. I doubt conversation will be crucial, but, if needs must, that is another one of my specialties," he states. "What services will the rest of you provide?"
________
History, DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Glad we got that out of the way! Don't worry, his other knowledges are better :)
Spending 2pp for a Scroll of Magic Circle Against Evil with two castings.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Gain entry, eliminate any hostiles and find out what we can about the weapon...got it. a burly man of Taldan stock says as he studies the map. He pores over it, as though committing it to memory.

Services? Mine are more of a...visceral type. he says flatly. He carries a brace of weapons. His face and hands carry the scars of past battles criss crossed on them.

ok..purchases...upping my armor and shield to +2 each...a bag of holding, minor. and 2 scrolls of lesser restoration an one of life's breath. 6425 gp total..will adjust my AC and such later...

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Religion? History? What are those things? ;)

Dexter climbs up the stool that most certainly has been provided for those races that are not genetically predisposed to medium size. He looks at the map, figures and listens to the briefing.

”Any threat to all is a threat to the balance of nature and man. And a shot to take out some demons is a flat bonus, they do nothing but corrupt everything. I’m Dexter and my boar friend here is Salazar. If there are any animals guarding the tower or that attack on the way, please give us a chance to calm them first. I should be able to come to an agreement with even the wildest of the natural world.”

He ignores the offered rings to be kissed.

He has Fast Empathy, allowing a Wild Empathy check to be completed as a Standard Action instead of a minute.

Silver Crusade

N Medium Boar 6 | Mods: Swarmbane Clasp | HP 51 (-0) Ferocity | AC/Tch/FF 25/11/24 | CMD (trip) 18 (22) | F/R/W +8/+6/+3 (evasion, +4 vs. Enchantments) | Speed 40ft | Perc: +5 (low-light & scent) | Init: +1 (or acts with Dexter)

The boar is quite happy at the offer of a treat. He tromps up quickly and begins licking at the ring covered hand, waiting for the reward to be dropped.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

I can respect that...animals that might be riled up from the evil taint could be spared. Needless killing of animals is wasteful... Doran says with a nod to the gnome. He studies the boar for a moment.

A non-conventional choice for a steed...but he looks sturdy...and the loyalty is evident.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

A nagaji wearing full plate and carrying a shield with multiple weapons belted to him, welcomes the others. "Demons. I've taken a few of them out, they should prove not trouble."

"I'm not sure I would be knowledgeable enough to know how to activate some unknown weapon, but I'm sure I can hold off any enemies while someone else figures it out."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

A tall Cheliax man wearing a chain shirt and a tabard with two prominent symbols introduces himself, "I am Decimus Gallonica Trajan, Paladin of Iomedae and Hellknight of the Order of the Godclaw. I've recently done battle with demonic scourge in my homeland and at an event in Absalom. They are gathering information on what the Society and the Order are planning against the Worldwound so we must assume they know of our movements."

He greets Joral warmly, glad to see another follow of Iomedae.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Great there goes my only 20 for the module. :(

"I remember from my studies at temple that Ghalcor was a decorated cleric of Iomedae during the First and Second Mendevian Crusades but died in one of the opening skirmishes of the latter war. He handpicked exemplary crusaders with sterling reputations for a secret project, and later studies showed that they heavily researched the nature of the planes and philosophical texts about morality before departing to construct their tower fortress. Ghalcor had a reputation as one who respected scholars of any background."

"I don't know if that provides any insight into what Ghalcor was working on but that's all I can recall."

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

A man with a shimmering face draped in a white cloak, quiver of arrows, and deep blue bow with ornate antlers wrapping around its shaft are slung over his shoulder listens intently to the VC, taking in the report then turning to his party. "I am Sir Radiarch Eklesya. Welcome to the Worldwound, my fellow Pathfinders. I myself am from Nerosyan and serve with the guard keeping these demons at bay when not tromping out in the vastness of Golarion. I am happy to assist you all with my knowledge of this land as best I can. Though Gundrun is a bit foreign to me, I am afraid."

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

"By the nature of the briefing I assume we are to leave as soon as possible. How are we getting to Ghalcor's Tower, horses or magic?"


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"Pff, at least one of you was brought up properly," Vosk remarks with a roll of his eyes as the others start talking about Ghalcor. Waving one hand over the other, the slobber slides right off onto the floor. Sinking it into one of his bags, he procures a pair of macarons and gives one to Salazar. The other one is popped into his mouth. One pig feeding the other, HA! We live a good life, don't we? If you make it through this without becoming a roast for the Demons, I'll steal you away and we can visit my favorite bakery in Taldor.

"I have a feeling horseback is the answer. Some Demons can teleport themselves, so there is surely some manner of magic warding the place for it. Not that I wouldn't mind being teleported, that is..." he says, looking expectantly looking at the Venture-Captain.
________
Vosk seems to have an endless supply of baked goods in is bag (no mechanical effect, just RP), so I have a feeling Salazar and Vosk will be getting along quite well :)


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

"Both" V-C Jorsal grins in response to Trajan's question. "And you are almost correct, Agent Lazav, for speed is of the essence."

The Venture-Captain ushers you outside. Waiting for you there is a masked woman. The senior pathfinder nods, and the woman conjures a spell that produces six phantom horses. Jorsal gestures to the boar, Salazar. The woman shrugs. There is a short and heated exchange that ends with a scowling venture-captain handing over a bag of coin, and the masked woman laying another unfamiliar spell upon the boar that quickens his limbs.

"Expensive. More than I anticipated. But these mounts will get you to Ghalcor's tower in just a few hours. They won't be hampered by the broken and twisted terrain of the Worldwound and they'll outrun any demons you might encounter on the way. Just be sure that you do avoid any fights because they can be destroyed.

Mount up, people! I'm sure that Ollysta can give you more details when you get to the tower."

Sure enough, the insubstantial steeds are supernaturally fast. Though Salazar avoids them, the magic instilled in him allows him to keep up the pace. In a couple of hours you reach the tower's location...

Will post again later / tomorrow, but feel free to rp in the meantime.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Hey what do you know, that 1 rank in Ride has finally paid off!

"The Tower can be taken with courage and resolve. May Iomedae's light shine brightly on our endeavor."
Trajan spurs the phantom mount towards their objective.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro holds on to the horse for his dear life, with his eyes closed as they speed to their destination.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter is quite happy magical mounts are used, ”No reason to risk flesh and blood horses, eh?”

But the rest of any conversation is lost to the wind as they rush to their destination. Upon arrival he girds Salazar with his usual enchantment and looks around for the (hopefully friendly) welcoming crew.

Barkskin, Sal’s tagline updated.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Silver Crusade

N Medium Boar 6 | Mods: Swarmbane Clasp | HP 51 (-0) Ferocity | AC/Tch/FF 25/11/24 | CMD (trip) 18 (22) | F/R/W +8/+6/+3 (evasion, +4 vs. Enchantments) | Speed 40ft | Perc: +5 (low-light & scent) | Init: +1 (or acts with Dexter)

Salazar stays near his two buddies. And while he is always at the side of Dexter, not surprisingly he often manages to stay in treat range of Vosk as well.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Beats wasling...that's for sure.. Doran says as he checks to see if there has been any recent foot traffic of note.

survival, track: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 3 = 30


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

Doran sees no signs of traffic through the wastes of the Worldwound until you reach the tower, where the reason for the multiple tracks quickly becomes obvious.

Ghalcor’s Tower looms over the surrounding wasteland on a plateau that plummets down to the defiled Sarkora River below. At a distance, the tower looks like nothing more than a large outcropping of weathered rock, though this mirage fades away as you draw close, to reveal an octagonal keep of smoothed stone with a central tower that soars more than 100 feet into the air.

There is no obvious entrance; the structure appears sealed. Several hundred crusaders have erected a palisade crowned with cold iron spikes around the tower. Numerous tents fill the enclosed space. Nearest the tower stands a large command pavilion, where a dozen crusaders strategise over battle plans and maps. As you approach, the crusaders call to you to identify yourselves and state their business.

An imposing armoured woman steps forwards and orders the crusaders to stand down. "I am Ollysta Zadrian. Thank you for coming on such short notice, Pathfinders,” the woman states calmly. “I hope that Venture-Captain Jorsal explained the situation to you fully because the demonic scouts that we found surveying the tower have sent for reinforcements. Our movements have not gone unnoticed, and we spotted a large contingent of demons and fiend-spawn moving this way. They are more numerous than we had anticipated, so we are relying on you to secure and prepare Ghalcor’s weapon. I intend to assist in the defence of the camp, and everyone is placing their faith in your success. Venture-Captain Jorsal chose each of you for a reason, and I am confident in his decision.” With that, she dons her helmet, walks out of the tent, and calls to her crusaders. She beckons Trajan, Dexter and Radiarch to join her.

The crusaders, and the three Pathfinders belonging to Zadrian's Silver Crusade, form a circle around her as she begins a rousing speech. "Without a doubt, the evil we face today is a challenge. It is a challenge of our skill at arms, and we shall be victorious. It is a challenge of our valour, and we shall bravely face the most dreadful threats as a united whole. Last of all, it is a challenge of our grace, for the Silver Crusade fights here not to conquer but to liberate. Do everything that you can to ensure that the weapon within this tower does not fall into the hands of the demons. Go, and bring light to this forsaken land. I trust each of you to do what you believe is right in accomplishing this goal, for the Society is watching and judging the merits of Good by your actions.” With that, she gives Trajan, Dexter and Radiarch an encouraging clap on the back each and nudges them in the direction of their fellow Pathfinders.

Who amongst you is carrying a Wayfinder?

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

not me...thought i had one...gotta remedy that after..

I will do my best...or they'll send someone to retrieve my body... Doran says calmly. He prepares for the coming fight by honing the edge on his cold forged blade. When done he nods his readiness to the others.

using the whetstone...+1 damage on first hit is pretty good for 3cp...best bargain in the game...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Trajan has a Wayfinder but it's the regular store-bought variety not the cool one a PC can earn from a certain module.

Trajan nods at Lady Zadrian, "Never fear my Lady; the Godclaw does not retreat nor do we surrender. When it comes to demonic filth we are as merciless as we are relentless. And with Iomedae's support, surely the day will be ours! Venture-Captain Jorsal had almost no information to provide us about the nature of the weapon in the tower or anything else about or inside the tower. He was hoping you might know or have learned more about such matters. Is there anything else you can tell us or someone here who might know?"

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

No wayfinder

Dexter pulls out two small glowing pebbles and places them in close orbit around himself and Salazar. He assures the Crusader that they will do the right thing then asks, ”Any theories on how to get in?”

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Doran Therinor wrote:

not me...thought i had one...gotta remedy that after..

I will do my best...or they'll send someone to retrieve my body... Doran says calmly. He prepares for the coming fight by honing the edge on his cold forged blade. When done he nods his readiness to the others.

using the whetstone...+1 damage on first hit is pretty good for 3cp...best bargain in the game...

Observing Doran using his whetstone Trajan tells him, "Good Doran, the demons we may face might require more than just cold iron to kill them. When the time comes, use this..."

Gaius removes a flask of oil from one of his bandolier slots and gives it to Doran.
"The magic from the oil will enchant the blade making it able to kill the foul abyssal creatures much easier."

Trajan has handed Doran an Oil of Bless Weapon.

Bless Weapon

Trajan looks at the other Pathfinders and asks, "Do any of the rest of you have cold iron weapons that are not already enchanted?'

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

@GM: I forgot to mention this at the beginning but Trajan will do the Paladin and then the Hellknight stare to find out if any PCs or the major NPCs are either evil or chaotic.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Doran pats a flask on his bandolier.

Already got one...but a spare is always a good idea...

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Doran Therinor wrote:

Doran pats a flask on his bandolier.

Already got one...but a spare is always a good idea...

"Perhaps it will need to be passed to someone else who does not have one. I wasn't sure how prepared everyone would be for this mission."

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Can't fault that logic...perhaps Hskoro would benefit from its use...


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8
Decimus Gallonica Trajan wrote:

@GM: I forgot to mention this at the beginning but Trajan will do the Paladin and then the Hellknight stare to find out if any PCs or the major NPCs are either evil or chaotic.

Do you have anything that makes this discrete? Vosk will just whine about it, but you never know how others will take to prying actions like that.

Vosk stands politely while the others bang their chest and wallow in their self-glorification. "I'll second Trajan's questions, any sort of information can only help here. I'm sure you're acutely aware, but the faster we are, the less likely it is for you and your soldiers to become a Demon's lunch."

"I'll have fled if we ever get to the point where I'm expected to defend myself with Cold Iron, haha!" he chuckles. He nervously eats a fluffy, golden-brown croissant and passes another to the tusked little monster nudging his leg.
________
GM, whenever it is obvious the risk of violence has increased (such as right before we enter our destination), Vosk will throw on some buffs: Mage Armor, Extended Heightened Awareness, and Extended See Invisibility. He also has an Extended Heroism for a front-liner (and if none of y'all want it, Vosk will just cast it on himself!). Definitely have a Greater Invisibility for Doran during one of the fights, and he loves using his wand of Vanish, so just make some noise if you want to get a sneak attack in without flank.

Silver Crusade

N Medium Boar 6 | Mods: Swarmbane Clasp | HP 51 (-0) Ferocity | AC/Tch/FF 25/11/24 | CMD (trip) 18 (22) | F/R/W +8/+6/+3 (evasion, +4 vs. Enchantments) | Speed 40ft | Perc: +5 (low-light & scent) | Init: +1 (or acts with Dexter)

Sal stays close to the vending machine, snorfling up treats at a prodigious rate. He then looks at the caster as if expecting something… else?

Salazar would take the Heroism happily and is a front liner, though it would only help his attack and saves. He has no excessive skills of note. You are welcome to chose another PC though.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:
Decimus Gallonica Trajan wrote:

@GM: I forgot to mention this at the beginning but Trajan will do the Paladin and then the Hellknight stare to find out if any PCs or the major NPCs are either evil or chaotic.

Do you have anything that makes this discrete? Vosk will just whine about it, but you never know how others will take to prying actions like that.

I believe by the FAQ, no, he cannot do either one "discretely".

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:


Vosk stands politely while the others bang their chest and wallow in their self-glorification. "I'll second Trajan's questions, any sort of information can only help here. I'm sure you're acutely aware, but the faster we are, the less likely it is for you and your soldiers to become a Demon's lunch."

"I'll have fled if we ever get to the point where I'm expected to defend myself with Cold Iron, haha!" he chuckles. He nervously eats a fluffy, golden-brown croissant and passes another to the tusked little monster nudging his leg.

"And if you flee, remember you'll be fleeing right into an army of demons who might be looking for lunch..."


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

A whetstone only works on nonmagical blades, but it is still quite a bargain.

Several crusaders return Trajan's hairy eyeball. Trajan is right, as spell-like abilities his Detect Evil and Detect Chaos give off visible spell emanations. He senses no such taints amongst the crusader force. Amongst the pathfinders, only Doran gives him any cause for concern. Unless I've missed any items with evil auras that anyone is carrying. Doran has a Faint aura of Chaos.

"I'm sorry, I thought that we'd be able to gain entry already" Zadrian replies. "But the safeguards evidently include hiding the means of entrance. You will have noticed that from a distance the tower appears to be a natural outcropping. Perhaps the entrance is cloaked in another illusion? I can only speculate, for we lack specialised diviners amongst my crusader force. As for the nature of the weapon - potent enough to cause the demons to fear it and seek to destroy it. Ghalcor's research was instrumental in the creation of the Wardstones that used to seal off the Worldwound; maybe the weapon uses similar principles? But the Wardstones have failed, and now the demons are on their way. It's up to you, Pathfinders."

With little other option, you approach the tower to seek a way inside. As you get closer, your wayfinders those that have them at least emit a strange pulsing tone - their compass needles spinning with each beat. Each pulse simultaneously sends minute motes of light dancing across the surface of the tower like ripples in a pond that emanate from the point closest to the wayfinder.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

We'll get in...even if I have to smash my way in... Doran says, confident in his abilities.

Doran is CG...I play it as a guy who does what he wants and lets the chips fall where they may...he'll acknowledge the rules...but might not play by them...

Noticing the wayfinders' acting up, Doran thinks quickly.

Take them and fan out...they might be able to detect the opening...like a divining rod...

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Watching the wayfinders responding to something, it reminds Hskoro that he should probably get around to getting one.

"While breaking our way in sounds like it would be fun, lets hope the response from the wayfinders gives us a clue to entering."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:


With little other option, you approach the tower to seek a way inside. As you get closer, your wayfinders those that have them at least emit a strange pulsing tone - their compass needles spinning with each beat. Each pulse simultaneously sends minute motes of light dancing across the surface of the tower like ripples in a pond that emanate from the point closest to the wayfinder.

Trajan heeds the words of Doran and Hskoro and experiments with moving towards and away from the tower, moving along the base to see how the Wayfinder reacts.

"I was on a Wardstone patrol last year and it wasn't pretty. Those cursed demons are everywhere and even where they aren't, their corruption has spread to the people, animals, even the landscape itself. As I tried to persuade the influential people in Absalom, these demons are not an enemy you can negotiate with; they only want to kill and destroy."

@GM: Would any kind of skill check help? Even something like Spellcraft that Trajan doesn't have?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Doran Therinor wrote:

We'll get in...even if I have to smash my way in... Doran says, confident in his abilities.

Doran is CG...I play it as a guy who does what he wants and lets the chips fall where they may...he'll acknowledge the rules...but might not play by them...

Noticing the wayfinders' acting up, Doran thinks quickly.

Take them and fan out...they might be able to detect the opening...like a divining rod...

We might have only Trajan's Wayfinder.


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"A sound idea, that Wayfinder might be the key we need here. I'll see if my own magic turns anything up too," Vosk declares. He touches his thumbs together and points the rest of his fingers to the sky to scan the place for magic. Detect Magic

"I know the stubbornness of a complacent populace all to well, not a fun game to play but often must be done for change to happen! Where you at least successful in convincing them to fear Demons?"

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Before...
As a proud Silver Crusader ever since he first ventured to Absalom, Radiarch smiles with gratitude and salutes Zadrian after her speech.

Now...
After dismounting his horse, Radiarch acts the sentry with bow and nocked arrow in hand, keeping eye on their surroundings.

Thanks for your all's patience. No special enchants or wayfinder here. I was meaning to buy the latter before this scenario as a matter of fact but forgot to. Grateful we have at least one!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:

"A sound idea, that Wayfinder might be the key we need here. I'll see if my own magic turns anything up too," Vosk declares. He touches his thumbs together and points the rest of his fingers to the sky to scan the place for magic. Detect Magic

"I know the stubbornness of a complacent populace all to well, not a fun game to play but often must be done for change to happen! Where you at least successful in convincing them to fear Demons?"

"Most of them yes. I was surprised that of the two that weren't moved, one of them was a high-ranking Andoran. So much for their talk of promoting freedom and good."


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

As Doran circumnavigates the tower, Vosk studies the curious effect of the wayfinder with his Detect Magic spell...

Detect Magic + (Knowledge (Arcana) OR Spellcraft) DC20:
The tower is surrounded by a magical field that, whether by accident or design, has a resonance similar to that of the wayfinder. It's possible that the wayfinder may interfere with the tower's field if brought closer together.

Trajan, the spoiler above covers the appropriate skill checks; it does specifically require the use of Detect Magic (or a divination with a similar effect) otherwise I'd have posted it previously :)

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Without much else to do and no wayfinder, Dexter sticks near the friendly wizard and tries to help with the magical puzzle.

Spellcraft w/ Detect Magic Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

”I’m no expert in magic, though I do use some of the natural stuff. Perhaps it is multiple spells combined?”


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"Hrmmm... Trajan, instead of making your way around the tower, walk towards it. The resonance of the magic within your Wayfinder might cause just enough of a disturbance that we'll be able to find a way in! As Dexter postulates, I suspect this resonance is in fact due to the way the wards have layered themselves over time across the structure. Good thinking!" Vosk explains, tossing Dexter a mille-feuille.

"The rest of us should get close together and be ready to enter, I'm uncertain how long the disturbance will last," Vosk suggests. Despite his own warning, he keeps himself a little behind the rest of the group. Haven't figured out which of these gremlins is in dire need of a bath, but I'll be damned if I suffer through that stench at proximity!
________
Spellcraft (Aid), DC20: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
Dexter, nobody has voiced their opinion on the Heroism, I'm happy to cast it on Salazar. GM, once we are in the tower, Vosk will cast his buffs and I'll modify his statline accordingly!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:

"Hrmmm... Trajan, instead of making your way around the tower, walk towards it. The resonance of the magic within your Wayfinder might cause just enough of a disturbance that we'll be able to find a way in! As Dexter postulates, I suspect this resonance is in fact due to the way the wards have layered themselves over time across the structure. Good thinking!" Vosk explains, tossing Dexter a mille-feuille.

"The rest of us should get close together and be ready to enter, I'm uncertain how long the disturbance will last," Vosk suggests. Despite his own warning, he keeps himself a little behind the rest of the group. Haven't figured out which of these gremlins is in dire need of a bath, but I'll be damned if I suffer through that stench at proximity!
________
[dice=Spellcraft (Aid), DC20]1d20+16
Dexter, nobody has voiced their opinion on the Heroism, I'm happy to cast it on Salazar. GM, once we are in the tower, Vosk will cast his buffs and I'll modify his statline accordingly!

I didn't see the post about Heroism but I'd go with either Trajan, Doran, or Hskoro since they're the frontliners. Maybe Doran since it will help his skills and I suspect we'll see traps. Vrosk might also want to try a Spellcraft instead of aiding Dexter; with his +16 he's far more likely to hit 20 than Dexter will.

Becoming impatient, Trajan walks so close he can almost touch the tower and begins walking around the perimeter.

"Where's the damn entrance???"

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

huh..thought i edited a previous post about the Heroism...i think if we're in combat, a front liner should get it...Hskoro has a massive Ac...so he can pull aggro...either Trajan or Doran could use it to beef up their special attacks..my sneak+studied target and trajan with his Smite...


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

It's Doran's wayfinder I think, but your intentions are clear enough (same goes for the spellcraft check).

As Doran moves around the tower (Trajan hot on his heels no doubt) the motes of pulsing light converge on a point at the northeast corner of the building, and when he approaches that point the lights reveal a hidden door!

The door opens freely. Beyond, a curving corridor angles to the north before disappearing around a bend. The walls and floors bear gashes and holes, bearing testament to a terrible battle long ago, and a mass of corpses—some humanoid, some demonic, and all dead—litter the cold, tiled floor.

We are on Slide 2. Please place your tokens and proceed as you wish. The speed boost on Salazar has now expired.


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"A moment, please," Vosk says and begins casting a series of spells. He touches one of Trajan's pauldrons, reinforcing his already solid resolve to see this mission through.
________
Mirror Image: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Extended Heroism (140min) on Trajan (I've got invisibility stuff for Doran) and then Mage Armor (7hrs), Extended Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (14min), Heightened Awareness (70min), and Extended See Invisibility (140min) for Vosk. Statline should reflect this now. Vosk can stand wherever, but will default to the back of the line.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Doran moves up and scans the bodies quickly.

Their might be something salvageable or worthwhile here...but be quick. Scan for magic... he says.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:

It's Doran's wayfinder I think, but your intentions are clear enough (same goes for the spellcraft check).

@GM: Just a correction - it is Trajan's Wayfinder. I tell ya, Paladins get no respect! :P

Upon seeing the bodies Trajan draws his nodachi and again activates his Detect Evil in case anything that 'appears' dead isn't really dead...

"Indeed Doran, time is not on our side. Right now I'm more concerned something in this pile of bodies isn't actually dead and I'd rather deal with any potential enemies now instead of a time of their choosing. Be careful as you proceed since we don't know what the "special safeguards" are that Venture-Captain Jorsal warned us about."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:

"A moment, please," Vosk says and begins casting a series of spells. He touches one of Trajan's pauldrons, reinforcing his already solid resolve to see this mission through.

________
[dice=Mirror Image]1d4+2
Extended Heroism (140min) on Trajan (I've got invisibility stuff for Doran) and then Mage Armor (7hrs), Extended Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (14min), Heightened Awareness (70min), and Extended See Invisibility (140min) for Vosk. Statline should reflect this now. Vosk can stand wherever, but will default to the back of the line.

I forgot in the push to hand out goodies that Trajan would've passed a Scroll of Magic Circle vs. Evil since he isn't able to cast the spell on his own.

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro pushes to the front and takes up a guarding position as he draws his cold iron battle axe. He scans the pile of dead for any movement.

"Unless something raised them, I don't think undead will be a true problem. I'm more concerned that some demons might have found a way to slip in."

1 to 50 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's 5-13 Weapon in the Rift [Low Tier, Gameday] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.