GM supervillan's 5-13 Weapon in the Rift [Low Tier, Gameday] (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

Maps and Slides


101 to 150 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Vosk calls from the end of the hallway. "Have you put in the numbers yet? Has someone died? Are the doors open?" He tears a baguette in two and begins double-fisting the loaf. Feeling Salazar's snout firmly boop his shin, he takes one final bite of the half in his right hand and offers it down. Crumbs fly.

"Dexter, you really should feed this fellow more. Look at his hips! I can see his pelvis poke out a bit. As a beast of war, he needs more protection!" Heavens know such protection has saved me a few times over!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:

Vosk calls from the end of the hallway. "Have you put in the numbers yet? Has someone died? Are the doors open?" He tears a baguette in two and begins double-fisting the loaf. Feeling Salazar's snout firmly boop his shin, he takes one final bite of the half in his right hand and offers it down. Crumbs fly.

"Dexter, you really should feed this fellow more. Look at his hips! I can see his pelvis poke out a bit. As a beast of war, he needs more protection!" Heavens know such protection has saved me a few times over!

Waiting to see if Hskoro or Radiarch have any wisdom to impart.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Mammoths

I can spare you the wait.

Trajan turns the dials, matching them to what he believes to be the correct Act references. He pulls the lever by the door.

The stone bars retract.

The door clicks open!

Immediately beyond lies another door, but this one does not have any obvious traps or locks on it.

You can safely recover the prism now, if you wish.

Considering you don't like puzzles, Trajan, you did an excellent job solving it :)


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"Salazar, Dexter, nobody is screaming in agony and the door is open, probably safe to join back up with everyone again," Vosk states, beginning the trek back to the group.

"Chop, chop, open the next one up! I'm sure the soldiers dying for their faith and country are meeting their life goals, but I'd like to reach mine too!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro taps his shield with the head of his axe and smiles. "Good. Good. Would hate for us to get stuck so early on in our mission."

Moves further and lets the door be until it can be thoroughly checked, though glances over it himself.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:

I can spare you the wait.

Trajan turns the dials, matching them to what he believes to be the correct Act references. He pulls the lever by the door.

The stone bars retract.

The door clicks open!

Immediately beyond lies another door, but this one does not have any obvious traps or locks on it.

You can safely recover the prism now, if you wish.

Considering you don't like puzzles, Trajan, you did an excellent job solving it :)

Trajan offers prayers to Iomedade for her guidance and assistance, "Through her we can accomplish feats greater than ourselves. Doran, if you please, now can you very carefully extract the prism from its resting place? We need to make the way behind us as clear as possible. If the demonic horde is as large as the Crusaders think they may need to use the tower for the wounded or even as a last stand. Plus we need to learn more about the prism and perhaps how we can use it."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:

"Salazar, Dexter, nobody is screaming in agony and the door is open, probably safe to join back up with everyone again," Vosk states, beginning the trek back to the group.

"Chop, chop, open the next one up! I'm sure the soldiers dying for their faith and country are meeting their life goals, but I'd like to reach mine too!"

I don't know if you missed my OOC post earlier but now might be the time for any longer-term buffs like one of the Magic Circle vs. Evil scrolls.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

We're no good to the mission if we blow up because we rush.... Doran says over his shoulder, looking directly at the wizard. He calmly removes the crystal and gets ready to move on.

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

The divine hunter readies his bow in preparation for the next door to open, praying silently to Erastil to guide their path. He observes the door or potentially any dangers from behind it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

The druid moves up with the group, ready for the next challenge.


| Mammoths

Vosk has cast Magic Circle

The inner door proves safe to open.

Beyond lies another chamber: the walls of this large, irregular room are bare but for a gold-capped prism socketed into a niche along the south wall and radiates blue-white light. In contrast, the floor is a mess of red and brown stains. A single iron door seals the room to the south.

Two creatures bar the way. They are humanoid, with dog-like heads. Bony spurs erupt from their skin at their joints; they have crimson eyes, and ash-gray fur. Each wields a greatsword.

"Turn back, intruders!" says one.

"Or be destroyed!" adds the second.

Knowledge (planes) DC16:

These creatures are Hound Archons, celestial warriors - but somehow, against all that you know to be right and true, they are Fiendish, and possess greater power than their kind normally have. Advanced and Fiendish templates.

DC21

Spoiler:

The combination of fiendish taint and celestial origin means that these warriors will possess strong resistance to weapon attacks, for only one that is both holy and unholy can overcome their dual nature. DR/good AND DR/evil

DC25 Yes - 25

Spoiler:

You recognise that the archons' taint has not progressed so far as to change them into another outsider (though this could happen with enough time), but reversing the damage would require extended exposure to a particularly strong good-aligned plane or possibly even require atonement, if such a thing is even possible for outsiders.

DC26

Spoiler:

Hound archons are immune to electricity and petrification.

DC31

Spoiler:

These fiendish legionnaires resist Cold and Fire as well as most spells. They seldom succumb to poison.

DC36

Spoiler:

A Hound Archon can take the form of any dog-like creature. These archons' fiendish taint grants them the power to Smite Good creatures. They possess an aura that, when they are moved to anger, can overwhelm lesser creatures. Aura of Menace: 20' radius, -2 to hit, AC and saves for 24 hours or until you hit the Archon with an attack.

DC41

Spoiler:

Hound Archons have several spell-like abilities in addition to being able to change their shape: Aid, Teleport (self only), Continual Flame and Message in addition to constant Detect Evil and Magic Circle vs Evil.

We are on Slide 2


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"WOAH, what an exciting anomaly! Uh, less exciting for those of you who like to hit things though, these are Fiendish Hound Archons. And some exemplary specimens at that. Theoretically their fiendish condition could be alleviated, but that requires time and resources we simply don't have," Vosk explains as quickly and quietly as he can. "I'm going to start talking, but feel free to jump them at any point."

"Hail Gentlebeasts! We are not intruders, but, in fact, on a holy pilgrimage to investigate this site! By whose authority do you bar our most righteous passage?!" he demands. "If your physical condition is any indication, there is little holy about yourselves. Explain your presence here!"
________
Planes, DC 16+: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 Read up those spoilers! That DR is gonna be lame -_-
Diplomacy? Bluff? idk, same modifier though!: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

There goes my only 20....

Trajan switches to a one-handed grip of his nodachi and uses his now-free hand to demonstrate his holy symbol of Iomedae to the hound archons.

"Hold! As Vosk has said we are not enemies, we are here to protect the tower and the weapon. A large demonic force is on its way to either destroy the site or corrupt it for its own use. What I know of hound archons is that they are celestials who assist the light against the dark but you seem to not be what a hound archon should be. We...I...do not wish to fight a servant of the light. Please allow us to continue with our mission."

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Doran stays quiet, silently assessing the closest one's weakness should violence be needed.

studied target on red...because just in case...

Liberty's Edge

Male Nagaji Fighter 6.0 | AC 30 (T 15/FF 27) *+2 AC vs Critical Confirmation | CMB +12 CMD 26 (FF 23) | HP 70/70 | Init +2 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +2 (All +2 vs Mind-Affecting Effects & Poison; +1 vs Fear); +4 Hot/Cold Environment & Suffocation) | Perception +2 | Low-Light Vision | Speed 20' | Active Conditions:

Hskoro tightens the grip on his shield and readies himself to jump in front of any attacks these hound archons might throw their way.


| Mammoths

The two archons exchange glances and furrow their brows.

They lower their blades.

"We were bound here by Ghalcor to defend this tower" one of the pair answers Vosk.

"Our agreed period of service is over, but the tower's safeguards prevent us teleporting out" adds the second.

"We are aware of the change that has come over us. We think it may be related to Ghalcor's prism, but we do not know how."

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter frowns.

”That is a concern. If the tower or weapon is somehow corrupted, we may have to destroy it instead of being able to use it for good. We won’t know until we find it though. But thank you for listening to reason, do you know what other safeguards are in place further in?”

If they let him past he inspects the next door.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:

The two archons exchange glances and furrow their brows.

They lower their blades.

"We were bound here by Ghalcor to defend this tower" one of the pair answers Vosk.

"Our agreed period of service is over, but the tower's safeguards prevent us teleporting out" adds the second.

"We are aware of the change that has come over us. We think it may be related to Ghalcor's prism, but we do not know how."

"I swear I will do what is in my power to see you freed and perhaps reverse the change you've undergone. My knowledge of such things is very limited but the Pathfinder Society has sages and priests who may be able to help. Do you know where the prism is? If we can find and activate it maybe that will lower the safeguards."


| Mammoths

The archons indicate the prism socketed into the southern wall - a match for the one at the puzzle-door outside the room.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:
The archons indicate the prism socketed into the southern wall - a match for the one at the puzzle-door outside the room.

"Is that the only other prism you know of? We obtained this one points at the prism Doran is holding from the other side of that door points to the outer door to this room after we solved a puzzle based on the Acts of Iomedae. Apparently the first prism we recovered was somehow 'powering' a trap or protective ward on the door. Do you know anything about the Weapon? Where it is, how it works, how to activate it? Unfortunately we have no records of Ghalcor's work in here beyond that it is a weapon so anything you know could be of help. We've learned the basics of these prisms...Trajan will relate what Vosk learned with his 30 Spellcraft."


| Mammoths

"We were tasked with defending this room and preventing intruders from passing" says one of the archons in response. "We do not know what Ghalcor's weapon is nor how it works."

Hearing the explanation of the prisms' operation, the two archons nod - and step away from both devices.

"If a mortal of pure soul can charge one of those devices, then it is reasonable to posit that a Celestial's essence will fuel one in similar manner. Over time, the mere proximity of that crystal may have drained our divinity to the point where the ambient corruption of the surrounding land has infected us."

"We were not supposed to be here for so long. Surely good Ghalcor could not have foreseen the consequence of the lockdown for us?"


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"It may have been beyond good Ghalcor's abilities to foresee this, yet here we are. I doubt he would damn Celestials to Demonic corruption, but if you have honored your time of service, I see no reason for you to stay regardless of the truth of that matter. I suppose now you have a choice: let us pass freely, for intruders we are not, and we will do what we can further on to help you with your situation, or simply leave. Any traps have been obviously marked and we've unlocked the only door that seems to be barring your passage. So... what will it be?" Vosk asks. From what I've heard Ghalcor was desperate. I wouldn't put it past even a holy man to conveniently omit certain details of the duty his lackeys were to perform for the greater good!
________
So it looks like to proceed to the next area, we need to handle a second prism (seems like having divine energy keeps safeguards up, no divine energy turns safeguards off...)? Obviously only if the Archons back down from their duty.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

As my colleague has said, Ghalcor might not have thought of or accounted for the drain of your essence. As a philosopher once said, hindsight is the clearest of all visions. Perhaps there is a way to restore your essence after we are done...but that is for someone of much higher magical know how than us... Doran says as he looks around the prism, seeing if it is the same as the other.

perc, trap: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 3 = 22

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Doran Therinor wrote:

As my colleague has said, Ghalcor might not have thought of or accounted for the drain of your essence. As a philosopher once said, hindsight is the clearest of all visions. Perhaps there is a way to restore your essence after we are done...but that is for someone of much higher magical know how than us... Doran says as he looks around the prism, seeing if it is the same as the other.

[dice=perc, trap]1d20+10+3

"Doran, how does the 'energy' or 'charge' on the prism in this room compare with the one from the door? If the two archons are correct I would think the prism from this room would be 'full' since it's been near them for so long. As for restoring them to their former condition we first need to survive. If we can do that, the Crusaders have a rather large number of clerics and other magic users as one might guess. Whether the cost is money or something else, these noble archons deserve our assistance."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:

"We were tasked with defending this room and preventing intruders from passing" says one of the archons in response. "We do not know what Ghalcor's weapon is nor how it works."

Hearing the explanation of the prisms' operation, the two archons nod - and step away from both devices.

"If a mortal of pure soul can charge one of those devices, then it is reasonable to posit that a Celestial's essence will fuel one in similar manner. Over time, the mere proximity of that crystal may have drained our divinity to the point where the ambient corruption of the surrounding land has infected us."

"We were not supposed to be here for so long. Surely good Ghalcor could not have foreseen the consequence of the lockdown for us?"

"I cannot presume to speak for Ghalcor but I would not think a cleric of Iomedae would intentionally inflict this condition on you. After all he died in here because he wasn't prepared for the demonic assault that struck the tower. The problem with building something like this"

Trajan opens his arms wide to indicate everything around them
"is that no one else had done it before or since. Hence our lack of knowledge about this place and its inner workings. We have been tasked with making the weapon operational and activating it."

Trajan looks extremely uncomfortable and he can't look his fellow Pathfinders in their eyes as he speaks to the archons again, "I fear the Crusaders outside will not, despite their courage and resolve, be able to fend off the approaching demon army. You may see them bringing the wounded into the tower or, at worst, retreat inside where we'll make our final stand. If we can free you and you do not wish to be part of the battle, I understand; much has been asked of you already."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Vosk Lazav wrote:


________
So it looks like to proceed to the next area, we need to handle a second prism (seems like having divine energy keeps safeguards up, no divine energy turns safeguards off...)? Obviously only if the Archons back down from their duty.

It doesn't seem like (yet anyway; maybe Doran will find another trap?) that the prism in the Archon room needs to be bypassed. That's why I and Trajan are both curious how 'full' the prism in the Archon room is and if the Archon's theory about 'absorbing' good energy is true.


| Mammoths

The prism that Doran now carries holds 6 charges out of a maximum 8; the one in the archons' chamber holds 4. It's implied by the image of the prisms in the scenario that the charge level is visually clear - as if the prism were filled with liquid. That's what I'm going to run with.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:
The prism that Doran now carries holds 6 charges out of a maximum 8; the one in the archons' chamber holds 4. It's implied by the image of the prisms in the scenario that the charge level is visually clear - as if the prism were filled with liquid. That's what I'm going to run with.

Grimdog73 wrote Doran was going to add the prism in the archon's chamber to the PC's collection. Can he just 'get it' or is there a Disable Device roll required? Thanks for extrapolating from the module for us regarding checking the charge level; now we just have to find the USB port to plug them in...


| Mammoths

Doran is confident that the archons' prism can be removed from its setting safely.

"You are good people" says one of the pair "to offer your aid. If holy warriors have come here once more..."

The second archon continues: "Perhaps you would be kind enough to escort us out? Maybe there is one amongst the new crusaders who can advise us."

"We shall not bar your progress."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
GM supervillan wrote:

Doran is confident that the archons' prism can be removed from its setting safely.

"You are good people" says one of the pair "to offer your aid. If holy warriors have come here once more..."

The second archon continues: "Perhaps you would be kind enough to escort us out? Maybe there is one amongst the new crusaders who can advise us."

"We shall not bar your progress."

"I pledged my assistance and I shall give it. Although I would prefer to wait until after we have activated the weapon, if you wish to leave now I will escort you to the Crusaders and explain the situation."

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"I will gladly escort you as well. Radiarch Eklesya of Mendev, and archon-blooded myself, at your service," proclaims Radiarch as he pulls back his hood to reveal his shimmering skin and golden hair. "As my colleague has stated, you can wait with us or we can walk you out now. Perhaps your part in this is not yet written, but we leave the choice to you. We certainly appreciate the clarity you have provided us."

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

You've fulfilled your duty...I can't fault you for leaving. We could use your aid on the path forward, but I would escort you out as well...best to not split up the group. Now..I need a few moments... Doran says as he sets about removing the prism.

any roll needed?


| Mammoths

The tainted archons thank you for your assistance, and you escort them outside. The shocked crusaders need some serious assurances from you, but eventually accept your explanation and you leave the two outsiders discussing the oncoming demonic force with one of Ollysta Zadrian's lieutenants.

Returning to the tower, Doran easily removes the second prism without mishap.

You press on.

The door leaving the archons' chamber leads down a short corridor, at the end of which is another door that opens into a workshop of sorts.

Two long countertops and a workbench occupy the workshop. The work surfaces are covered with religious symbols, quills, broken glass, and small metal components as well as with dusty alchemical supplies that have not seen use in years. A niche in the southeast wall holds another gold-capped prism that glows with blue-white light. Doors lead to the north, south, and east.

Slide 2


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

Vosk sweeps the room for magic with his finger-viewers, then takes a look at the alchemical supplies on the desk. Some sort of workshop, it seems. "Any preferences on how we proceed?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Trajan will attempt to identify any of the holy symbols. Are there any Knowledge or Craft/Profession checks for the other materials?

"Another prism but this one does not appear to be 'powering' anything. We'll wait for Doran to sweep the area for any traps or defenses before moving on. As for which direction, perhaps someone can hear if there's anything in one particular direction?"

Once Doran clears the area, Trajan will go to the door to the north and listen.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Yikes those are some hideous rolls! :(

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Radiarch will join Trajan in examining the religious artifacts to glean any helpful information.

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

The gnome will stick with looking and listening for dangers and then inspecting the room for anything of use on their quest.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

Hmm..interesting...it's like a laboratory of some sort...likely where Ghalcor crafted parts of the weapon. doran says before he sees the prism.

Well, here goes absolutely nothing... he mutters as he approaches the crystal and inspects it.

perc: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 3 = 18


| Mammoths

Doran finds nothing suspicious about the sacred prism. It can be removed safely, and looks to be half-charged. ie 4 charges in the prism.

Aside from the prism, your divinations reveal a number of magic items:

The following checks all require Detect Magic, except that you can use Perception on potions as normal

two alchemist's funnels, Spellcraft DC18:
These are both Hybridisation Funnels

potion, Spellcraft OR Perception DC18:
A potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

two more potions, Spellcraft OR Perception DC18:
2 potions of Resist Fire 10

There is a plethora of mundane alchemical equipment, but no useful items. The religious iconography is clearly Iomadaen. Anyone who wants to may obtain a Holy Symbol of Iomadae here.

Trajan hears nothing at the northern door.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

"Even if you aren't a believer you might want to have one of those holy symbols; they had a surplus here for a reason."

With a 9 I think Trajan went deaf. :P

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

perc1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
perc2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

This is a curative draught...fairly potent...these two...might be a way to prevent being burned...but I'm no alchemist...the burly warrior says confidently.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter tries to help the wizard out, then responds to Doran, ”Well, we should take them. A healing and fire resistance potion might be a clue as to the next trap or foe.”

Spellcraft Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Varisian Enchanter Wizard 7.0 | Active Effects: See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor, Fly HP: 20/51 | AC: 12 (16) T: 12 FF: 10 (14) CMD: 13 | F+7 R+7 W+9 | Init +9 | Perception +1 |
Tracked Resources:
Spells 1st 4+1/6+1 2nd 2+1/4+1 3rd 0+1/3+1 4th 2+1/2+1; Extend 0/3; Arcane Bond 0/1; Dazing Touch 8/8

"Good thinking Trajan, I'll grab one for good measure," Vosk says as he takes a holy symbol and does his best to fix it to his chest.

"These funnels will mix together splash weapons into a single, more potent mixture. It takes a moderate level of expertise though, not something a novice or the untrained should really get into," he explains.
________
Spellcraft (Aided), DC 18: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 = 25
Any preferences on the potions? Vosk will take a Resist Fire if nobody else wants it. I say we try the Northern door.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None

Whomever has the combo of lowest HP and worst Reflex saves should take the Potions of Resist Fire; looks like Dexter would be the other recipient.

"If Doran says the way is clear, the northern door it is then."
Trajan tries to keep within 10' of Vosk to remain inside the Magic Circle.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+2 vs. Illusions & Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +14 (low-light), SM: +3+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter accepts the potion and swigs it down. He shivers, ”tastes cold.”

It lasts 30 minutes, might as well.

Silver Crusade

Male Mendevian Aasimar | LG Follower of Erastil | Silver Crusade | Divine Hunter Paladin 5 | AC 16 | HP 39/39 | INIT 3 | PER 6 (Darkvision) | SPD [60]ft | CMB 7 | CMD 18 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Radiarch will accept and ingest the other Resist Fire. He's got some celestial protection against other elements, but not that one.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +10(+13 traps)

if there's no objections, I'll snag the CMW pot...

Makes sense to have a holy symbol...hopefully me not being a devotee won't be a bad thing..religion is not my thing...no offense... he says to the religious folk in the group.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Radiarch Eklesya wrote:
Radiarch will accept and ingest the other Resist Fire. He's got some celestial protection against other elements, but not that one.

No offense but it needs to go to Vosk. He asked for it first and he should get it since he's the only wizard, and best Knowledge skilled PC, the party has. Radiarch can lay on hands if he gets hit with fire damage like Trajan can.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Male Paladin 5 (Oath of Vengeance) / Hellknight 2| HP 60 / 60 | AC 22 / 12 T / 21 FF | CMD 21 | Fort +14, Reflex +9, Will +11 Init +1 | Perception +9 (Low-Light Vision)| Speed 30 ft. |Conditions: None | Effects: None
Doran Therinor wrote:

if there's no objections, I'll snag the CMW pot...

Makes sense to have a holy symbol...hopefully me not being a devotee won't be a bad thing..religion is not my thing...no offense... he says to the religious folk in the group.

"I think I see a storm cloud forming over your head!" Trajan says with a chuckle.

I don't have a problem with Doran taking the CMW potion; just make sure he doesn't need it by missing a trap! ;)


| Mammoths
Trajan wrote:
they had a surplus here for a reason.

To be completely clear, this is not a case of a collection of holy symbols on necklaces waiting to be donned. Rather, there are so many small icons, talismans and so on strewn around the workshop benches that obtaining a useable holy symbol from amongst them is quick and easy.

So, Vosk and Radiarch please decide amongst yourselves who takes and/or uses the second Resist Fire potion. And where next, everyone?

101 to 150 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's 5-13 Weapon in the Rift [Low Tier, Gameday] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.