Jade Regent, the Unexpected Journey

Game Master GM Wulfson

Campaign Resources

In Game Date: Toilday, 28 Erastus


901 to 950 of 1,145 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

"It seems to still be there. The last haunt was finished in a few seconds. I doubt this is a haunt." Byron says.


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 21/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

"Do you hear that? The sound of a crying child."

Aiko pauses a moment.

"Given what we've seen here, almost certainly undead."


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"I'm not sure which one I'd prefer right now." Best case scenario is it's just their imagination, but they hadn't been so lucky so far.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva contemplates this new scenario. "Maybe it's not a haunt, but if it's noncorporeal undead, we are in a lot of trouble. We only have one magic weapon and little spellpower left. Maybe we close this door and come back later? According to the map, it doesn't lead anywhere. Kelda, you weren't with any children when you were taken, right?"


She shakes her “No. we didn’t have any children. Whatever this is, it wasn’t with us.” she clutches her weapons and looks warily at the room with sidelong glances, obviously disturbed but the sounds.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

"It might be a live child. If it needs help, we should aid it lest it be killed for what we have already done here." Byron says with a frown.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 21/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Aiko raises her eyebrows skeptically and says, "You really think a lone living child is in the middle of this monster murder house in the middle of nowhere? Kelda was captured, her crewmates were killed, this whole place was sacked decades ago and nobody has been here since, and a child just... wandered here from the middle of the wilderness and is up in an attic sobbing where any of these creatures can hear it?"

"I will put down money it's undead."


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"I stand with Aiko. I have heard of creatures that pretend to be injured or crying children and they are only a trap, usually deadly. Byron, you're a good soul, but this room was sealed. There's no way a child got past this door. If you want, we can thoroughly check U11 and U13 to see if there are secret doors or vents into this room." She looks up at Byron hopefully.


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Lareasel looks between her companions. Aiko and Zaraleva made sense.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"As much as I wish otherwise, I'll have to agree with Aiko." Adrian added with a sigh. He looked back at the crew as if seeing if anyone else would volunteer to go in first. When no one else did, he groaned but went towards the source of the voice in order to find it.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva tries to hold him back. "Stop!"


Assuming that Adrian halts from Zaraleva.

You stop just as you’re about to enter and hear the crying stop, though the ghostly murmurs remain. You can see just over the destroyed remains a small skull of what looks to be a dog bobbing ever so slightly there’s other bones next to it. You also see scattered around what look to be drawings of some kind scattered across the floor.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

There was no hesitation from him as he froze in place. What he saw... weirded him out. "I see... a dog? But that can't be right. The place doesn't look like it's been opened for years."


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

"Back away, and we'll deal with it later. Close the door." Lyraesel says quietly, the tiny hairs on the back of her neck standing up.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Exerting no actual strength, Zaraleva pulls Adrian back and shuts the door. "Not for today, my friend."

U13, then?


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Sounds good to me


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron frowns at the closed door and then will follow the others.

Sounds good.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

That's fine by me.


Moving to the curved room you open the door to see within a study. The chamber’s furniture—couches, drawing tables, and empty bookshelves—lie in disarray, with the exception of one writing desk and chair in the center of the room, its surface heaped with pages of parchment and paper. Stairs curve up and down to the south and north respectively.

You can hear what sounds to be pacing and the clack of talons on stone echoing down from above.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva puts a finger to her lips in a shushing manner and points up the stairs. She then tries to lead the group back into the hallway and whispers, "If we go up one at a time, we are at a disadvantage, even if we surprise them. Should we try to lure them down the stairs where we can surprise them? Or will that just announce our presence and they will wait for us to go up the stairs?"


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"It may be better to lure them here. The question is how." Adrian replied. "One of us could do some convincing, whether as bait or pretending to betray the rest of us."


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Curse your inevitable betrayal!


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

"And if they smell a trap?"


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"We hope whoever lays it can return to us safely," Adrian replies. "Like I said, we could also reveal our location, but I'm not sure if they'd take that bait either."


You do not hear any talking just the clack of nail on stone. It’s not exactly hurried but it is constant just to give some more information.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

"I can go up and act as the bait if you wish to try and lure them down here." Byron offers the group. "But it might be good if I was healed before I did it."


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva converts a first-level spell into CLW for Byron.
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Now you sneak up there and use your reach to kill the lone corbie? And come running back if there are several? We can set up at the bottom of the stairs."


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Nodding at Zaraleva, Byron moves up the stairs as quietly as possible.


Moving up you see the walls of this semicircular room are lined with bookshelves, although the majority of the books lie in disorganized piles on the floor. A large, filthy nest of grass, branches, and strips of cloth is tucked in the northeastern corner of the room, while a wooden door is open leading to a balcony near the northeastern side of the room. You see the source of the sound. A woman with large bird like wings and claws for feet, in rather plain clothes covered by a chain shirt is pacing, she has a bow on her back with a quiver full of arrows.

As you walk up the stairs she looks over and seeing you tilts her head, she speaks but no sound comes out. And for a moment your eyes are locked as she stares at you with a confused face, before waving at you weakly.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Seeing only one being Byron will call down, "Come up peacefully." He then moves forward but keep her at his spear length away, "Can you speak?"

I will try and keep 15 ft away, but definitely 10 ft.


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Looking at her companions, Lyraesel warily stalks up the stairs, weapon in hand but held low.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva loads the crossbow and walks up after Kelda.


Kelda holds her spear and shield and follows up. As you get to the top you all see what Byron sees. The woman mouths something for a moment to answer but shakes her head; she holds out a hand and points at offering it to you, miming touching it with her other.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron decides its worth the risk now that his allies are up here and will lift his spear up and move to touch the creatures hand.


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Lyraesel watches closely, studying the bird woman's body language.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva also attempts to sense motive (as a move action?) and then casts Detect Magic.
SM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Untrained, with Wisdom.
Apparently also unaware and unskilled.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

It wasn't something he would have done, but he held steady regardless. He also checked to see if the woman meant any harm to them.

Sense Motive, Untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Lyraesel:
You read her movements, the ways she stands, the way she offers her hand, and the calmness of her demeanor. You don’t sense any tension and the earnestness and ease she has as you all come up makes you feel like she doesn’t see you all as threats. You don’t see anything that indicates an aggressive motive.

As you all come into the room she looks to all of you running her eyes across all of you. Her demeanor doesn’t change and her hand remains gestured outwards and Byron is able to reach out and take it.

Byron:
You hear within your mind a feminine voice speaks into your mind. You must be the ones Kikonu is worried about. I am Zaiobe, I believe in the can help each other if you’re willing to?

As her hand graces Byron’s she tilts her head and focuses on him for a moment her large avian like eyes focusing on him.

Mysterious winged woman


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

"I don't think she means us harm, but she doesn't consider us a threat either." Lyraesel mutters.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Zaiobe:
Byron tries to think back to here. "Who is this Kikonu. If you can aid us, I think we would be willing to work with you as well."

Byron then calls back to the others, "This is Zaiobe, she seems to be able to use telepathy when we touch hands. She mentioned someone named Kikonu and suggested that whoever they are is concerned about us. Zaiobe seems to think we can help each other."


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

Adrian narrowed his eyes as he spoke. "Did she tell you who this person is?"


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4
Adrian Liu wrote:
Adrian narrowed his eyes as he spoke. "Did she tell you who this person is?"

Zaraleva looks around nervously. "And where?"


M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 7/7 AR: 7/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 4/4 S1: 4/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 3/3 30m, mage armor 3h, resistance 1m

What sort of check is it to recognize what kind of creature she is? Knowledge (local)?

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


I’d say knowledge local would work considering she is humanoid.

Winsome:

You would recognize her as a harpy, a form of avian monstrous humanoids that are usually quite violent and wild. They can work with other societies though there’s is one built on manipulation and power so it’s not uncommon for them to work together only for common goals. You’d notice as well that her telepathy is something very unusual as well as seemingly paired with being mute would make her unique.

She looks to all of you as you talk with large eyes, before looking back to Byron.

Byron:
Kikonu is the self proclaimed king of this place. He’s the tengu like man who looks human. As for aid I can provide plenty with my bow, as well as luring him to us… if you’re willing to help me kill him.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Zaiobe:
"We are interested in making this place safe once more. Why are Kikonu and his followers here? Also there was a strange floating monster that attacked us. Do you know anything about the creature?" Byron thinks to her.

He then says to the others, "She says his name is Kikonu and is the self proclaimed king of this place. She has offered to lure him into a trap and aid us in defeating him. I am asking why the tengu are here and about the floating monster."


M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 7/7 AR: 7/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 4/4 S1: 4/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 3/3 30m, mage armor 3h, resistance 1m

Winsome mutters nervously. "A mute harpy with telepathy is incredibly unusual. Maybe she is not as wild and violent as others of her species? She might be willing to work with us if we have similar goals."


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Sounds great, but how do we stop him from teleporting away again?" She has her dubious face on.


Byron:
"I don't know why he is here... he's mentioned that he claimed this place as his right by conquest. Though I don't know if that's true or not, he's brought in other creatures as they wandered by offering them safety and rooms. As for the monster, it goes by Nindinzego. It's been here as long as the corbies have been here. They worship it as a god and it's struck a deal with Kikonu seemingly keeping the corbies in line. He gave it something strange, he said it was the other half of a some copper piece. I almost glowed with magic strangely."

she looks to Zaraleva and scowls slightly before focusing again.

Byron:
"He won't escape becasue he won't be expecting me to attack him, along with the rest of you. Especially when I tell him to appear in the room.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"That is unusual..." Adrian agreed, scratching his head in the process. "Would she have the same ability to lure people towards her?"


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

She tries to read that scowl.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
"Oh! Sorry! I just thought that... he might... teleport again... um if we don't stop him."

She nods and bows, deferentially.
Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 but isn't really sure that means anything to her.

901 to 950 of 1,145 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent, the Unexpected Journey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.