(Outpost V) GM Quirk's Precious Cargo (Inactive)

Game Master Quirk, Private Eye

SLIDES


1 to 50 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Dot in here (or describe or introduce your character).

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

Awkwardly flying through Jetembe Park, a small, brightly colored moth-like creature attempts to make her way through the quiet green field. She flutters to the ground with a thud and tries to stand, having to adjust her large helm and heavy laser rifle nestled on her back between her wings, "Hmm, I don't know why I'm so nervous, thiis isn't my fiirst miission."
She unslings the rifle and leans it against a tree, then moves to remove her helm, allowing her antenna to unfurl and she shake her head, allowing the cool, artificial breeze to catch her. Hopefully my magic will not gliitch out this time. I need this miission to go smoothly so I can prove to Fiitch that I can handle the harder stuff.
She sighs and returns her helm. Picking up her rile, she begins to flutter off, wobbling and weaving through the air.

Profile Readout(Pic)

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Also in the same park, is a large golden dragonkin and more human sized woman. She wears her short black hair slicked back with multiple piercings in her elf-like ears. However, the snake-pupil, glowing red eyes, sharp features that at rest even seem to be slyly grinning at something and occasional forked tongue that flicks out clearly points to something other than elven ancestry.

She wears a deep drying blood red pant suit with a pristine long white lab coat over top, casually leaning against a tree where some ooze-like growth is attached and pulsing gently. She finishes sending a few messages on her data pad as she seems to wait. She sends her last message to her adoptive ryhporian mother on Triaxus, before looking up at the ooze and realizing one lobe of it is gently pulsing a bio-luminous green light. She gives a grin, and coos over the thing. "Did you finish your analysis, Ooozert? Did you? Such a good boy! Yes you are." She gently rubs the back of the blob with her long black nails as he plops off the tree into her hands. "Good boy, now what did you find? Why does this single tree have 20 centimeters more bark than any other tree in the park?"

She starts to stare at what looks like a screen on the 'belly' of the ooze before her eyes light up. She widens her stance, splays he arms to her side and cocks her head back, for all intents and purposes looking like she's about to release a maniacal laugh. She then winches, and quickly glances at the large dragonkin near her.
Just a warning, Sturm and Seggas talk telepathically alot. I (and I believe Sturm's player) have no troubles with everyone reading their back and forth. Just don't metagame with the knowledge. ;D

Sturm:
<Sorry! You're right! I nearly lost it there... Can we please not count that for the Laugh Fund? I didn't actually laugh and I've already put enough in for two dinners this month alone!>

Getting back to her analysis, Seggas takes a few notes on her data pad, gives Ooozert a few tickles with her nails and then puts him in a carrying case with some easily digested plant matter, before turning back to Sturmvanger.

Sturm:
<Right, I'm ready to go. Didn't we have a briefing in a bit? You ready to head out?>

She takes a moment to take in the fabricated breeze and the entirely natural purfumes of the park before catching sight of a brightly colored kiirinta flying through the place. She elbows her friend and points them out.

Sturm:
<Ohh, a kiirinta. Pretty rare to see one of them in the Station. I wonder if they are also part of the Starfinders... Oh how I wish I could see what my color changing gene splicing would do with someone that colorful to begin with!>

Wayfinders

Dragonkin Soldier (Battlemaster)/Augmented 3rd| INIT + 0, Senses Perception +0 darkvision 60’, lowlight vision | EAC 14KAC 18| Fire Resistance: 2 | Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +3 | [SP] 18/29 [HP]28/28| Resolve: 5/5 |

The dragonkin only occasionally glances at the tree and the blob on it. He seems much more concerned about anyone approaching too closely who might be a threat and, strangely enough, about what the woman he's with is doing. Almost as though he's worried about protecting people from her a little less than he is protecting her from other people.

We do, indeed talk a lot telepathically and I do not mind if people peek.

Seggas:
<I didn't hear a laugh so I don't know why you'd have to pay into the Laugh Fund. Self control is better than easy participation.>

He watches her put the creature away with some interest before looking around, judging which way to go.

Seggas:
<Did you get what you need? 20 centimeters is a lot. If you can reproduce that mutation, it could be very useful in certain situations.>

He follows her gaze and squints at the kiirinta.

Seggas:
<A rifle and helmet in this otherwise peaceful park? That's definitely a Starfinder. We can go introduce ourselves. Maybe you can get them *SIGN-A-WAIVER*>

Acquisitives

Male CG Ysoki Biotechnician Biohacker 3 | SP 18/16 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16| Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

A short, even for his race, and skinny Ysoki walks into the park. He is panting a little from the exertion. He has brown fur with random patches of white and grey in it. He is wearing light armor, has a rifle across his back and an injector pistol in a holster by his side. He has various test instruments, syringe banks and vials of unknown fluids about him as well.
He looks at the trio currently there and one eyebrow quirks up. He then notices the ooze and the eyes widen a little. He slowly walks up.
"Greetings! My name is Bonkers. I have to say that is a fascinating experiment!"

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

Feeling as though she is being observed, Liilywind flutters back down to the ground. She turns to see a dragonkin staring at her and she freezes in fear, Oh dear, I hope that big one isn't hungry...

Pushing her gaze past the scales, she see the rest of the group and begins to relax. She hears the ysoki introduce himself. She takes a deep breath, Wayfinders make their way to find new friends. Maybe I should introduce myself...

She repositions the heavy rifle and touches off to flutter over to the group. Loosing her nerve at the last moment, she flops down with a thud. She rises up and shuffles her fallen helm to see the large leg of the dragonkin. She follows it up to look at the at the scaled face. With a nervous twitch, she begins to speak, "G-G-Greetings my new, siizeable friend. I-I am Liilywind. I felt you gaze on me and felt the need to introduce myself." She straightens her rifle again and reaches up her tiny insectile hand for a shake.

Once the pleasantries are over, "If I may ask," She looks past him to see the other two standing next to the ooze in the tree, "What is it that you are doiing to that tree?" For what those around could tell, through her insectile features, that she is very concerned.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

Standing under a tree, his face shrouded by the hood of his long coat, is a tall and gangly looking humanoid figure. He silently observes the other Starfinders from a distance, but says nothing.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Seggas nods at Sturm's last suggestion, spending a moment to comment on his telepathy.

Sturm:
<You're right, even the mercenary groups at least leave their weapons at home. Be great is... She? Signed my permission slips.>

Seggas gives the ysoki that approaches a broad, almost predatory looking smile as she pats Ooozert's carrying case. "Oh it is! This tree, despite being the same species as 10 other trees in the area, has a bark that is 2.5 times thicker than the next thickest. I'm trying to see if there's a genetic mutation behind it. If there is and I can isolate it, I could possibly force a similar expression in other species and even humanoids. Could you imagine my friend Sturm over here with scales thicker than your hand? He'd be near IMPENATRABLE! MU-AH- Shoot!" Mid-laugh she catches her self and gives a small curse before pulling out a credstick with a tree, apple and snake motif and holding it up to Sturm.

Sturm:
<Didn't catch that one fast enough. Dammit.>

She then turns to the kirrinta she spotted earlier as Liilywind introduces herself. "Nothing to worry about. Just taking a sample and analyzing the genetics of the tree. It won't harm it and Ooozert is good at supplying the nutrients needed to heal and harm he might cause. He's a very good boy... You want to give him a 'tree'at?"

Wayfinders

Dragonkin Soldier (Battlemaster)/Augmented 3rd| INIT + 0, Senses Perception +0 darkvision 60’, lowlight vision | EAC 14KAC 18| Fire Resistance: 2 | Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +3 | [SP] 18/29 [HP]28/28| Resolve: 5/5 |

The hand that Sturmvanger offers is as much in assistance as in greeting and is about the same size as Lillywind's head.

"I appologize. I should not have stared. We just wondered if you were a Starfinder like us. You seem prepared for trouble in a way that only fellow Starfinders generally are."

He lets Seggas field the questions about her work. While he isn't entirely without knowledge in the area, she is definitely an expert.

While she's explaining he takes the proffered credstick and slots it into one that has a symbol of a bowl with wavy heat/smell lines coming out of the top.

Seggas:
<You caught yourself so I think half is fair.>

"Don't worry, the Doctor's experiments hardly ever hurt their subjects. Though they often itch."

He holds up his right arm which is noticeably paler than his other scales and doesn't seem quite like his left, perhaps even being from another species.

"She can demonstrate but first you will have to SIGN A WAIVER."

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

Grabbing the tip of the dragonkin's claw and greatly jostled by the interaction, her helm slips in front down in front of her face again. She adjusts it and looks back up at Sturm to answer his question, "Yes, I am a Starfiinder, convinced to join by a beautiiful lashunta and her team while they were attempting to reclaim a lost outpost of the society's. Though I am also a kiirinta soldier where we are taught to travel light and with all that we need but always bee ready for a fiight." She stops and looks around, catching the sight of the being under a shady tree, Though no fiight can be found here, it seems I hold the attention of many today. You thiink that one, over there, is a Starfinder as well?"

She points towards the brakim in the distance and, while the groups attention is there, she rushes over to inspect the tree and what the ooze on it is doing. Feeling satisfied that the tree is not being harmed, she speaks up again, "I am curios to know the nature of this...Oozert. Please clarify this waiver you would like me to siign?" She shuffles again, feeling apprehension this time in addition to her general nervousness.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

The hooded figure of Istilnar continues to gaze at the group of Starfinders conversing together, but makes no move to approach them.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none
Liilywind wrote:
Feeling satisfied that the tree is not being harmed, she speaks up again, "I am curios to know the nature of this...Oozert. Please clarify this waiver you would like me to siign?" She shuffles again, feeling apprehension this time in addition to her general nervousness.

Seggas pops open Ooozert's crate and shows off the faintly purple translucent ooze who is happily digesting what looks like the woody ends of asparagus stalks. "Ooozert here is a creature of my own design. He likes breaking apart tough fibrous things meaning he is great at getting through the bark of a tree. You can pet him, he doesn't break down anything with out chloroplasts so your hands should be fine. HE'S very ticklish."

When the mention of her waiver is brought up, Seggas gives a smile that still seems faintly dangerous. "Right, Medical waiver! Just a standard thing saying you understand that I have the right to use my patented retrovirus that causes short term changes to your genetics before they create an antiviral that removes all prescience of it in your genetic code in the next two hours at the latest. You effectively would be agreeing to be a test subject to see how certain genetics affects certain species. In compensation, I promise to keep you alive and healthy on any missions we are on together to the best of my ability. Also any changes that you expressly don't agree to that last more than 24 hours is my liability. Finally, it stipulates I have to right to take a sample of your genetic code for two uses only, 1) to ensure my retroviruses won't possibly be detrimental to you and 2) the development of future potential biohacks. Your personal private information and genetic privacy would still be protected, only I and my legal representative in Sturmvanger here would have access to it. Does that sound acceptable? If you would like a legal representative to look it over, here is a copy of the waiver." She then sends Liilywind a digital copy with a request to sign.
Mostly it's an in-character reason/permission to use biohacks. Also an ooc question of whether or not you'd be fine with Seggas occasionally performing purely cosmetic and temporary 'experiments' like changing skin color or giving you a 360 degree rotatable hand or something silly like that. You can refuse any and all, it's supposed to be silly.

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

Liilywind is fascinated by the ooze and she reaches her hand in only to hover over it. Without her control, her hand glows a bit as it hovers over it, "Hm, not natural but remiinds me of the jellies back home." He palm stops glowing and she touches the ooze just slightly in a petting motion.

This whole scene stops as Saggas rattles off her waiver. She withdrawals her hand and produces a datapad with the the info. He bug eyes go wide at all the print and fine lines. She looks back up at Seggas, "You want my DNA? I guess it could be something I'm wiilling to share. But I am late for a mission. I wiill fiind you after. Bye, Oozert."

She turns to see Sturm and the shadow near the tree still staring and she tries to back up a bit, only to bump into Bonkers. "I-I am sorry, Bonkers, Ii...I get flustered easily..." She looks back down at her datapad and notices the names of her teammates for the mission. "Oh, we are all going on the same miission together..." feeling more embarrassed now, she starts quickly looking at each being. Hoping to take the focus off of her, she says, "Well, possibly time to get to our briefing..." She turns and starts trying to flutter off, having to take several attempts to get air born.

Acquisitives

Male CG Ysoki Biotechnician Biohacker 3 | SP 18/16 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16| Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Bonkers looks at Oozert with an appraising eye. He then looks up. "Very good work, I have to say. Impressive. Oh, as for your waiver, I'm fine with that. In fact, if everyone would give a verbal agreement for the same services from me that would be wonderful and make it much easier to give you advantages or healing during combat!"

As Lillywind bumps into him, "Do not worry. No reason to be sorry.If you think you know flustered you haven't dealt with many venture captains yet!" He tries his best to give a freindly smile.

Wayfinders

Female Shirren Priest Mystic 2 / Sta 14 / HP 18/ EAC 12/ KAC 13

A shirren, wearing a doctor's coat, approaches the group of Sarfinders.

"Greetings, my name is Keskada, mystic and healer, here to join this mission." the shirren nods politely at the others.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

Seeing the Starfinders begin to gather as a group, Istilnar reluctantly approaches them, but keeps his distance.

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

The moth seems to perk up at the appearance of the shirren. Her hand begins to glow a bit as she waivers her hand, Greetings Keskada,She quickly rushes over to introduce herself, I am Liilywind and it's a pleasure to meet another wiielder of a the magicks. I may want to converse with you sometime about about your art.

She shoot the dark figure moving slowly closer to the group as her hand glows again in his direction. She turns to address everyone, "I will be providing long range damage control and support magicks..." she turns back to the priest, "as I, too, am also a practitioner of the mystical arts."

She starts touching the tips of her fingers together and gets really shy again. She starts to say something again but retreats then just returns, "Should we be moving on to our briiefing?" She hefts her rifle as she turns to leave then does a half turn towards the dark figure, "Will you be joiining us as well?"

She is casting Detect Magic when her hand glows, her way of identifying things.


TIME HAS PASSED.

The six of you are finishing a routine trip through Pact Worlds space on Society business. As you head back toward Absalom Station, there is a blinking light and an audible alarm on the bridge of your Drake-class starship. It's a distress signal!

It appears to be from a vessel using the call sign Avid Dreamer. Much of the signal is encrypted. What isn't encrypted simply notes that the Avid Dreamer is is owned and operated by Multifold Industries and that the message should be forwarded to them. Instructions for doing so are included in the message.

The portion of the message that is not encrypted reads as follows:

Emergency distress beacon. Designation Avid Dreamer; Automatic Cargo Hauler 357, operated by Multifold Industries.
Please forward message to Multifold Industries. Thank you.

Any of you may attempt a DC 18 computers check to decrypt the rest of the message.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

Istilnar, doens't have any skill points in computers.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dragonkin Soldier (Battlemaster)/Augmented 3rd| INIT + 0, Senses Perception +0 darkvision 60’, lowlight vision | EAC 14KAC 18| Fire Resistance: 2 | Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +3 | [SP] 18/29 [HP]28/28| Resolve: 5/5 |

Their last mission was, perhaps, a little too relaxing as evidenced by the fact that Sturmvanger currently has fur textured like Bonkers but in the same colors as Liilywind.

Fortunately for him, it is starting to shed. Unfortunately for everyone else, it's starting to shed. It's a bit like having a 10' tall cat wandering around leaving fur everywhere.

When the distress signal comes in, he hurries to the bridge along with everyone else. He's at a gunner's station before the cause of the signal is fully identified.

Seggas:
<Any idea about what the maritime laws are for cargo haulers in distress? The contents might be useful.>

Sturmvanger also has no Computer Skillz.

Acquisitives

Male CG Ysoki Biotechnician Biohacker 3 | SP 18/16 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16| Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Bonkers takes a look at that message...
computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
"hmmm.."

Does anyone NOT allow Bonkers to attune them to his custom microlab so he can buff/heal during combat much more easily? I know some may not want to and he's fine with that.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Seggas attunes Bonkers and Sturm (and anyone else who signs her waiver) to her micro lab, that oddly enough seems to be integrated to her spinal cord with an access point at the base of the neck and lines out to her finger tips. Over the course of the mission, she performs quite a few experiments on Sturm, a few lesser ones on Bonkers (the most notable being making him grow scales like Sturm but in vantablack making the ysoki practically disappear.) Similar question as Bonkers, if yon don't want Seggas to attune and be able to auto biohack/apply serums from a distance, let me know. You don't have to sign the waiver

When the message comes in she is still trying to convince Liilywind that she should allow Seggas to give her an appropriately sized mermaid tail for a moment. "It'd be temporary and my best friend loves the one whe has! Trust me, I think you'd like it!" She perks up at the notification, but accidentally gets a Sturm-furball to the face and throat and has to spend a few moments getting rid of the fuzz. "Definitely NOT trying this one again!"

Strum:
<Give a girl some warning when you're coming through shedding! Nearly choked on that bright pink patch of fur! Though I'm not too sure about maritime laws here... We should check.>

Culture, maritime laws in space?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 a - 5 to the DC if this somehow ties into an artistic tradition

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

Liilywind sits in her quarters most of the trip. She contemplates her mission and goes over Seggas' waiver. Seems tha genetic changes to my being are as unavoidable as the failure in my magicks. Plus this may go to aid me in combat.

The alarm goes off that they have received the distress signal and she heads to the bridge, strapping herself in to a console.

Computers: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

I should learn to use a computer at some point; "Apologies, I am not able to quite crack this code." she reports to the group.

She then lets out a large sneeze and a cloud of dust erupts from her wings, "Hmm, it seems that, somehow, I may as well be allergic to dragonkin fir. It's a biit odd...do not worry about the dust. I have not charged it to cause bodily aiilments." She then stops and turns to her biohacker companions, "Before we continue," she touches he datapad and Seggas gets a message, "I am consenting to your biiological treatments. I only ask that any material you collect from me is not perverted in anyway. We kiirinta normally do not partake in such things."

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none
Liilywind wrote:
"Before we continue," she touches he datapad and Seggas gets a message, "I am consenting to your biiological treatments. I only ask that any material you collect from me is not perverted in anyway. We kiirinta normally do not partake in such things."

Seggas nods, "I understand. I would not dream... Well I might daydream about what I could do, but I would never intentionally pervert the traditions or believes of a culture or person. I'll make sure to only study and learn from any data I collect; however, I might try to recreate from scratch, certain forms or structures I find, if that is acceptable."

She then pulls out a small needle and with a smile that looks a little too malicious asks, "Now about that mermaid tail..."

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

Tensing at the sight of the needle, Liilywind touches the tips of her fingers together again and says under her breath, "Oh dear..."

Mermaid tail? Related to something else?

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Pure roleplay

Wayfinders

Female Shirren Priest Mystic 2 / Sta 14 / HP 18/ EAC 12/ KAC 13

Keskada soomewhat politely turns down the biohackers.
Keskada's Chr is 8.

Hearing the alarm, Keskada hurries to the bridge and notes the distress message. She attempts to decrypt the hidden part.

Computers: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

Istilnar, almost never leaves his room on the ship even to eat. When the distress signal is received he finally makes an appearance on the bridge. He seats himself at a terminal that can be used for gunnery.

When the biohackers approach him he sneers at them in disdain.


The encrypted data reads as follows:

Encrypted Data
Emergency. Unknown universal critical systems failure. Unable to complete route. Critical engine failure. Unable to travel to
maintenance facility. Request immediate assistance from Automated Maintenance Vehicle 13. AutoMaint 13 required immediately.
Coordinates attached. Please. Help me.


Seggas Yakan, DVM DMD wrote:


[dice=Culture, maritime laws in space?]1d20+7 a - 5 to the DC if this somehow ties into an artistic tradition

Seggas:
You seem to recall that it would be normal to make contact with the owners of an automated ship before attempting to render aid. Safety protocols may require informing rescuers of any hazardous cargo or other special situations.
Wayfinders

Dragonkin Soldier (Battlemaster)/Augmented 3rd| INIT + 0, Senses Perception +0 darkvision 60’, lowlight vision | EAC 14KAC 18| Fire Resistance: 2 | Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +3 | [SP] 18/29 [HP]28/28| Resolve: 5/5 |

"That's...curious. Would a machine say 'please?' Even if it did, does that not insinuate sapience? I think we should do what it says and forward the request on with our own communications equipment. But it also sounds like there may be some immediate trouble. We should board the vessel and see if we can help...after notifying them we're coming, of course," Sturmvanger says.

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

"Help is requested and we must render aiid." Liilywind says as she pulls up a magical interface. She starts connecting to the comms and readies to relay the message. "Did it say who it belonged too." She seems more focused now and not so timid as she was before.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

"Are you sure that aiding this ship is the most prudent course of action?"

Istilnar's voice emits from deep within the folds of his hooded coat. His voice is thin and reedy. His words are uttered in not much more than a whisper, but there is a unmistakable sense of power and menace behind them.

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

They voice seemingly comes from over Liilywinds should and a chill runs across her exoskeleton. She doesn't look at the voice but only said to herself, Like I picked up a stiink that you can't get rid of though this be like a bad shadow.
The words finally make it to her antennae and only then did she even partially turn towards it and over her shoulder, "No, prudent would be report to the owners as well as the sociiety then at least checking at range if aid is truly needed. Though, not sure we require the opiinion of a shadow who will not at least introduce themselves."
The fur on her antennae begin wildly point outwards as if to reflect her emotion, only being surprised herself to feel it. She snaps back to her console and bring up the comms relay, "What say you, NON-shadows?!"

I dig the character but really feel you would of struck her nerve. Nothing personal.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Seggas pauses for a moment before looking up at the rest of the crew. "The most common and legally recommended course of action here is to try and contact the company that owns an automated shipping vehicle. We should send a message to Manifold Industries and see if they have any thing to warn us about possible hazards or hazardous materials that could be on board before we start to willy-nilly board the ship."

She opens the comms channels and with a quick contact look up shoots off a message to the Manifold Industries Automated Shipping Department with the re-encrypted data attached.

Wayfinders

Female Shirren Priest Mystic 2 / Sta 14 / HP 18/ EAC 12/ KAC 13

Keskada nods at Seggas.

"Yes, make sure we should render aid." Keskada says cautiously.

Acquisitives

Male CG Ysoki Biotechnician Biohacker 3 | SP 18/16 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16| Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Bonkers looks at the others. "Sounds like a distress signal to me. We should help."

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Seggas pauses for a second, "Let's see if we get a response from Manifold first. Then we can go in... how long is that going to take, by the way? And ideas?"

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 6/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None.

Istilnar, gets to his feet, raising up to his full height of 7'. His extra long arms extend out from his torso like branches from a tree. slender man vibes

"My name is inconsequential kiirinta, but you will hear my opinion and consider the wisdom behind my words."

Istilnar's words sound like long fingernails being dragged across a blackboard.


You eventually hear from the owners of the ship.

On the view screen, a silvery metal arthropod with bronze
antenna takes in its audience before speaking in an
expressionless voice. “I am Multifold Representative-1120,
authorized to communicate on behalf of designation AutoHaul
357’s distress signal. AutoHaul 357 and its cargo has been
unaccounted for in the past weeks. Reviewing the maintenance
logs it relayed does not give any indication of what caused
the failure. The ship normally dispatched to render aid is not
currently available. Are you willing to investigate, and if
necessary, render aid yourselves? There appears to be little or
no risk, and you would be compensated for your time.”

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

The visable fur on Liilywind stands strait up and the Istilnar stands. Her hand immediately moves to her knife when flashes of a tree enters her mind and a scene of meditation is seen with her trying to control her emotions in light of her new powers. She relaxes a bit then replies over her shoulder,

"Well, I suppose shadows still get recognition for the darkness they cast, even if they are rude."

All is cut off by the transmission and Liilywind instantly feeds the computer information, "Reply sent and course laid in. Shall we depart?"

Acquisitives

Male CG Ysoki Biotechnician Biohacker 3 | SP 18/16 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16| Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Bonkers looks over at the two, raises an eyebrow, shakes his head and returns his attention to his console.
Yes, let's go check it out.."

Wayfinders

Female Shirren Priest Mystic 2 / Sta 14 / HP 18/ EAC 12/ KAC 13

Keskada nods at Bonkers and Liilywind. "Well we have permission so let's go help." Keskada says agreeably.

Wayfinders

Dragonkin Soldier (Battlemaster)/Augmented 3rd| INIT + 0, Senses Perception +0 darkvision 60’, lowlight vision | EAC 14KAC 18| Fire Resistance: 2 | Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +3 | [SP] 18/29 [HP]28/28| Resolve: 5/5 |

Seggas:
<Waiting for permission? Careful *Bonded* or you're going to get boring. *playful-humor*>

Sturmvanger watches the exchange between Liilywind and the unnamed shadow man with a rise of his wings. His neck extends as well but before anything further can happen, they get permission to investigate the ship.

He rises and heads for his quarters to gather his equipment.

Seggas:
<We should watch *images-of-Liilywind-and-Istilnar*. If they have some conflict it could endanger the mission and us.>


It takes: 1d6 ⇒ 6 days to get to the Avid Dreamer.

You may use this time as you see fit.

We'll move on Sunday night. Feel free to continue the interesting role playing (you are succeeding at amusing the GM). You may also transmit questions to Multifold Representative-1120 if you have any. Though it takes a few hours for responses to return, with patience a conversation is possible.

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

With the course locked in and a wait to follow, Liilywind promptly stands up, nods to her fellow non-shadows and blows right past Istilnar without so much of a glance. She proceeds to her room and turns up the interior lighting remaining in the center of her room as to not cast any darkness.

After a moment of contemplation, gripping her rifle, her military past floods her mind, I was trained to deal with situations like this. I'm not gonna let someone with a terrible attitude get to me. I got time to make sure I'm ready for this mission...

She stands back up and leans her rifle against the wall. Returning to the center, she begins a work out routine in a very militaristic stile, pushing herself until the last day or so when she finally passes out from exhaustion and to make sure she is rested after her hard work.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Seggas rolls her eyes at Sturm and gives him a Look.

Sturm:
<Waiting for confirmation it isn't dangerous. Walking into a radioactive waste transport that destroys all of our precious genetic sequences in seconds would be horrible! I should probably care a bit more about permission, but if they told us not to go, then I'd probably still go. Also noted about those two... Liilywind should probably read the briefing materials if she really needed to know his name. Anyways, I need to run a *image of a kirinta mermaid* and survey on Liilywind. I'll be back.>

She then leaves the bridge and follows Liilywind to her rooms. After a few moments she knocks on the door. "I saw you got upset back on the bridge. You want to talk about it? I've got synthol!"

Wayfinders

Female Kiirinta CG Tempered Pilgram Witchwarper 2 | SP 10/10 HP 13/14 | RP 3/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +-1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +-1 | Speed 20ft / 20ft fly | Active conditions: None.

Liilywind stops mid-rep and jumps over to her rifle. She hears Seggas' voice before she retrieves it and relaxes just a little. She walks over to the door and touches the panel to see the face of the tiefling, "Gre-greeting Seggas. You are welcome into my quarters."

She leads Seggas in and turns down the lighting feeling that the level was silly. "I am curious about this synthol. I've never had it." She produces some standard issue mugs and summons a table from the wall. Sitting down, she smooths out her antennae and continues, "I am not upset, I just can't abide by rudeness and the only shadows I have met, I've had to shoot at so this is a whole new experience for me. What is your take on..." and she glances at her datapad, "this Istilnar, assuming that is it's name as it has not identified itself? It just lurks over your shoulder like a black cloud."

Acquisitives

Male CG Ysoki Biotechnician Biohacker 3 | SP 18/16 HP 20/20 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16| Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Bonkers spends his time int he way he usually does. He transforms a small area into a lab and does small experiments designed to finish in the expected flight time.
This time it's a short experiment, something fun. He is modifying some bioluminescent algae from Verces. He hopes to be able to use the small colony as a disco ball of multiple colors.
If Saggas (or really anyone else) shows any interest he is more than happy to discuss the project.
"Sometimes science can just be fun, you know?"

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Female CN Tiefling Biohacker 3 | SP 21/21 HP 22/22 | RP 3/3 | EAC 18; KAC 17, 5 cold, electricity, fire resistance | Fort +4; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +8 | Speed 30 ft | Biohacks 4/4 | Fiendish Gloom 1/1, Applied Knowledge 1/1 | Active conditions: none
Liilywind wrote:

Liilywind stops mid-rep and jumps over to her rifle. She hears Seggas' voice before she retrieves it and relaxes just a little. She walks over to the door and touches the panel to see the face of the tiefling, "Gre-greeting Seggas. You are welcome into my quarters."

She leads Seggas in and turns down the lighting feeling that the level was silly. "I am curious about this synthol. I've never had it." She produces some standard issue mugs and summons a table from the wall. Sitting down, she smooths out her antennae and continues, "I am not upset, I just can't abide by rudeness and the only shadows I have met, I've had to shoot at so this is a whole new experience for me. What is your take on..." and she glances at her datapad, "this Istilnar, assuming that is it's name as it has not identified itself? It just lurks over your shoulder like a black cloud."

Seggas hisses for a second at the sudden, nearly blinding light in the room until Liilywind drops the level to a more normal amount. She shakes her dazzled eyes for a second. Before pulling out a bottle of lavender liquid. "I grabbed a bottle of the Ring's finest Plum Synthol, in my opinion. Salvation Sally's Plum Potpourri, it sounds fancy but, despite being extremely smooth, it will very likely have you inebriated in half a glass. I got it to celebrate a mission well done, but you seem to have need."

She pours a small amount out for Liilywind, so she can try it before moving onto the topic of conversation. "One thing I've learned from life, before and after being a Starfinder, is to not let people's actions and thoughts get to you. If they condemn you for your heritage, they probably weren't worth being around to begin with. If they're insufferable rude, then you need not pay them any mind. Istlinar, assuming he gave a valid name for the Starfinder records, seems the withdrawn type, the kind to keep to himself. I have a feeling if you leave him alone like you leave your own shadow alone I doubt he'd be a problem. And if he does become aggressive or abusive, then I bet most of the crew would be there for you."

"Also, another thing to keep in mind, what one person or culture considers to be rude, bad manners or even unacceptable, might not be the same for another person or culture. But if you want some advice on what to for right now, getting distracted and trying something new and liberating would be a great idea..." She takes a moment to take off her shoes and socks, and watches as her toes slow grow webbing. "One final thing about this synthol, it's really really good at hiding the taste of my retroviruses! We can test what it's like to have a mermaid tail together! I've even set up the recroom to simulate what it's like underwater on Kahlo if you want to try swimming. Just make sure to fill out the questionnaire I sent you!"

1 to 50 of 240 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / (Outpost V) GM Quirk's PRECIOUS CARGO All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.