GM Bret’s Headshot the Rot Double ACP (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Maps


1 to 50 of 168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Lodge of the Living God

Please dot & delete once you have been accepted.


Lodge of the Living God

It is two hours before sunset on Fireday and you have gathered at the Powder Horn, a bar in Alkenstar’s entertainment district. Today the bar is even more crowded than normal as people are waiting to get into the next showing of a new play at the Aldivur Company Theater House. The first showing is already in progress.

A traveling theater troupe is performing a new play by famous playwright Melba Aldthistle. The play advertised as The First Sin of Pharasma promised the audience a “once-in-a-lifetime experience” that is “sure to go down in history”.

While the people around you are talking about the play, you are taking advantage of the cheap food and drink as you try to come up with a way to make some quick cash.


”Doc Featherton” | Female CN Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Drifter) 3 | HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

"Alright... now hear me out... Cheap drink means bar fights, and bar fights mean medical attention... and I've got my equipment if they've got the coin..."

Amara shrugs off any judgmental looks, then makes sure that 'Problem' and 'Solution' are well concealed.


Female LG Elf (Seer) Gunslinger(Way of the Sniper) | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +10 | Perc: +10, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Exploration Activity: Avoid notice | Rounds: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

An black haired elf sits quietly in the corner of the bar. She sips from her cup, three empty cups stacked in front of her. I wonder what Zakzak has gotten into now? she wonders as she surveys the crowd for her friend, a weird looking cross propped up behind her.


”Booker Kaar” | Male NG Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Vanguard) 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Though and extraordinarily large man Booker gives a sympathetic look. "We can't just go hurting people to hurt them. They have to deserve it Doc." He shoves his plate aside. "That's the whole reason I ran away from the pirating life when I could."


”Doc Featherton” | Female CN Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Drifter) 3 | HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

"Hey now I didn't say nothin' bout hurting! Just bein on the lookout for folks fit to scrap, then gettin the tools ready for the aftermath!"


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak comes scurrying across the room to Zindarel's table and smiles a wide, toothy grin. "D'ey sayin' out d'ere dat a big play bein' once-in-da-lifetime chance. Called First Sin of Far-Ass-Ma. Ever hear of it? Me never been to a play before, but some goblins me hang out with in Absalom hung out in an old theater not being used no more." He looks to Zindarel for a response, eyes wide.


Lodge of the Living God

Just as Zakzak mentions the theater, a blood-curdling scream suddenly silences the anticipatory murmurs of excitement echoing off the walls of the Powder Horn.

A man stumbles through the main door, clutching at a gushing neck wound. A gurgling gasp escapes his lips as he topples to the floor. Even as the man's body collapses, a shambling horde of misshapen humanoids attempts to follow him through, accompanied by a fetid stench of blood and excrement.

What th—zombies?!” The cry comes from inside the bar as the patrons begin a panicked rush for the upper floor. As they rush for the possible safety of the upper story, the burly bartender leaps over the countertop, a heavy length of wood in her hands. “The doors!” she cries out. “Clobber those blighters and shut the door or we're all doomed!

Since I didn’t ask for your exploration activities, go ahead and roll initiative yourself using an appropriate skill.
If your initiative value is greater than 18 go ahead and take your turn.

Initiative:

Red Circle Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Blue Circle Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Yellow Circle Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Red Trapezoid Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Blue Trapezoid Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


”Booker Kaar” | Male NG Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Vanguard) 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


”Doc Featherton” | Female CN Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Drifter) 3 | HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

"Why lookit that, looks like ah got me a patient! And erm... some uh...
walkin' dead."

She ◆ stands up from her seat with her pistols already in hand and aimed. (Into the Fray to draw both as a free action) She quickly ◆ strides around the table and ◆ unloads a blast of buckshot at the rear line.

Dragon Mouth Pistol vs blue trapezoid: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage (B, Concussive): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
+1 splash dmg to everything within 5 ft of it.

She holds her dueling pistol up angled slightly, preparing to use the attached blade more than the firearm itself.


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Perception w/ Ten Paces bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29

I just realized that the Ten Paces action specifically says I can draw a "one-handed firearm or crossbow" as part of rolling my initiative ... so this build cannot draw his 2-handed flingflenser as part of rolling the initiative.

Zakzak twirls, ready for action with an instinct born of years of being jumped in the mean streets of Absalom, fangs bared. "Me eat bite zombies before ... not tasty, but me eat worse."

Is it possible to close the door while the zombies are in the doorway, or do we need to clear them out to close the door?


Lodge of the Living God

Doc Featherton gets up and unloads her Dragon Mouth through the open window at the mob still making their way to the door.

Oh right, need to close the shutters as well!” the bartender says. “After you clear the door so I can bar it. Don’t be on the wrong side of the door!

Round 1:

Bolded may act.
Still need initiative from Zindarel

Zakzak
Doc Featherton
Yellow Circle Zombie 1
Red Trapezoid Zombie 1
Red Circle Zombie
Blue Circle Zombie
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 5
Booker Kaar
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 1


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Free action (from Ten Paces): First action on my first turn is a 10-foot Step

Actions 1&2: Strike

Jaws attack 1 vs. red circle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Jaws attack 1 damage (P): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Jaws attack 2 vs. red circle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Jaws attack 2 damage (P): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

After biting twice, he pulls his +1 flingflenser from where it rests hanging precariously from his belt, bringing it to bear on the zombie. The sharp, jagged, and random metal shards protrude from its barrel menacingly.

Action 3: Draw weapon


Zakzak bites into the nearby zombie. Tastes worse than home cooking! The second bite would have been much more accurate if he wasn’t so busy spitting out the aweful taste from that first bite.

Round 1:

Bolded may act.
Still need initiative from Zindarel

Zakzak
Doc Featherton
Yellow Circle Zombie 1
Red Trapezoid Zombie 1
Red Circle Zombie 12
Blue Circle Zombie
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 5
Booker Kaar
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 1

Zindarel roll initiative and act if you get better than 18!


Female LG Elf (Seer) Gunslinger(Way of the Sniper) | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +10 | Perc: +10, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Exploration Activity: Avoid notice | Rounds: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Sitting in an out of the way corner Zindarel is mostly unseen by the other patrons. At the sight of the first zombie immediately draws her mithral tree and shoots at blue.
One shot, One kill: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (1) = 6

The sniper immediately takes cover behind the table and reloads(Covered Reload) before shooting blue shoots again.
mithral tree: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
If the table is not considered cover I just reload.


Lodge of the Living God

Zindarel shoots blue, dives beneath a table as she reloads, and then shoots blue again. The second shot was exceptionally well placed.

Yellow circle zombie pushes its way past the door to where it can attack Zindarel. It reaches under the table and grabs the elf.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Bludgeoning + grab: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Red Trapezoid didn’t seem to like the shot from Doc. It comes in the door and goes around the table to get at her. It misses.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Red Circle has Zakzak right there, so it takes a swing. It hits and grabs him. It then tries to bite the goblin back, but chomps down too soon.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Bludgeoning + grab: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Bite: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 5 = 3
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Blue circle has Doc Featherton right there, so it takes a swing. It hits and grabs her for a bite. The bite misses by a wide margin.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Bludgeoning + grab: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Bite: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 5 = 9
Piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Blue trapezoid comes in the door and heads for Booker. It hits and then grabs him.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Bludgeoning + grab: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 1:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6 grabbed by yellow circle
Zakzak 7 grabbed by red circle
Doc Featherton 7 grabbed by blue circle
Yellow Circle Zombie 1
Red Trapezoid Zombie 1
Red Circle Zombie 12
Blue Circle Zombie 14
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 5
Booker Kaar 6 grabbed by blue trapezoid
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 1


”Booker Kaar” | Male NG Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Vanguard) 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Is everyone good with taking 1 splash damage from Booker? Because his main weapon has scatter of 10 feet which is likely to hit everyone. I promise to try and position it as best as I can for minimal damage to us.

Booker struggles to get free from the undead as he shoves it away.

Escape: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Escape: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 5 = 22

Getting a free hand he moves to grab ahold of his weapon. "If I make a path can you get that door shut?" Booker looks to the bartender.


”Doc Featherton” | Female CN Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Drifter) 3 | HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

I (the player) am good with taking the splash. My character will yell at your character anyways.


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

I'm good. I won't even be upset in character. :)


Lodge of the Living God

RetCon: Zombies took too many actions.
Neither Zindarel nor Booker were grabbed. Booker gets his two actions back.
Third action attacks didn’t happen. Since they all missed, this didn’t change things.

Martello replies “Keep them off me and I’ll do it!

Round 1:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 7 grabbed by red circle
Doc Featherton 7 grabbed by blue circle
Yellow Circle Zombie 1
Red Trapezoid Zombie 1
Red Circle Zombie 12
Blue Circle Zombie 14
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 5
Booker Kaar 6
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 1


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

That having been said, I'd also like permission to begin firing sharp metal rain down upon my enemies and allies alike ... if no one minds :)


”Booker Kaar” | Male NG Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Vanguard) 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Grabbing his dwarven scattergun Booker cocks the lever back and lets loose a large blast of blackened pellets into the crowd.

Targeting blue circle

+1 Dwarven Scattergun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Every one within 10 feet of the blue circle zombie will take 1 piercing splash damage from scatter. Should hit every single thing except the bartender.

Having fired into the zombies he tries to clear a path as he reloads.

Clear a Path Athletics to Shove (Blue Trapezoid): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25 + free reload

◆ Draw weapon
◆ Strike (Blue Circle)
◆ Clear a Path (Blue Trapezoid)

Player Status:

HP 31/38
AC 20
Rounds 19/20
Hero Point 1/3


Lodge of the Living God

Booker shoots Blue Circle and destroy it. Pellets rebound, hitting almost all the zombies and Doc Featherton.

He then shoves the Blue Trapezoid zombie back into the space that the other zombie just was.

Yellow Trapezoid moves in and attacks Booker but misses.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Round 2:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 7 grabbed by red circle
Doc Featherton 8 grabbed by blue circle

Yellow Circle Zombie 2
Red Trapezoid Zombie 2
Red Circle Zombie 13
Blue Circle Zombie 23
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 6
Booker Kaar 6
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 1


”Doc Featherton” | Female CN Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Drifter) 3 | HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

"Yowch! What was that fer Booker? You'd better not come ta me asking fer medical assistance later or I'll put this buckshot back in your-"

She twitches as the zombie's grip firms up and tries to break free... via black powder assisted surgery and repeated application of bayonet to the zombie's arm.

3x Strike vs Blue Circle

Pistol Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Bayonet Attack, MAB, Agile: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 4 = 27
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Bayonet Attack, MAB, Agile: 1d20 + 12 - 8 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 8 = 22
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Female LG Elf (Seer) Gunslinger(Way of the Sniper) | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +10 | Perc: +10, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Exploration Activity: Avoid notice | Rounds: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

Zindarel looks to Booker and braces herself. She grunts as shrapnel hits her but ignores the scratches.

Deciding that being so close to the action is no place for a sniper the elf runs a few tables down and takes refuge behind one of the tables. A quick reload from behind cover later and Zindarel stands up and with careful aim decides to take aim at the head of the red zombie flanking the Doc.

+1 Mithral tree: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Lodge of the Living God

Zindarel was not in the area of the shrapnel. Only Doc got hit by friendly fire so far.

Evidently being grabbed improves Doc’s aim. She hits blue trapezoid three times, almost destroying it.

After repositioning, Zindarel shoots Red Trapezoid.

Round 2:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 7 grabbed by red circle
Doc Featherton 8
Yellow Circle Zombie 2
Red Trapezoid Zombie 8
Red Circle Zombie 13
Blue Circle Zombie 23
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 19
Booker Kaar 6
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 1


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak tries to wiggle away from the zombie. Action 1: Escape

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

If that's a critical success, I will step back 5 feet as part of the Escape action.

He fires the gun toward the one next to Doc.

Shoot at blue trapezoid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Flingflenser damage (slashing): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 +1 splash to all zombies and Doc

If I was able to step away, then I'd Take Cover behind the table. If not, then I'd bite at red.

Bite (if needed):
Bite attack, multiattack penalty: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Bite damage (P): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Lodge of the Living God

It was crit success on the Escape

Zakzak wiggles out of the zombies grasp and fires his weapon.

It destroys the Zombie he hit and does a lot more damage than expected to the other zombies caught in the area. It does cut Doc a little more, but not nearly what it did to the undead! Red Circle is barely holding itself together.

Yellow circle follows Zakzak and swings but misses.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Bludgeoning : 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Red Trapezoid attacks Doc, managing to hit and grab her.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Bludgeoning + grab: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Red Circle follows Zakzak and attacks but misses.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If Booker wants to stay on Doc’s good side, he might want to take some of the pressure off her!

Round 2:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 7
Doc Featherton 13 grabbed by Red Trapezoid
Yellow Circle Zombie 8
Red Trapezoid Zombie 14
Red Circle Zombie 19
Blue Circle Zombie 23
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 42
Booker Kaar 6
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 7


”Booker Kaar” | Male NG Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Vanguard) 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Leaning across the table Booker takes aim. "Duck ZakZak!" He sets off another cannon blast which makes his ears start ringing.

Targeting Red circle

+1 Dwarven Scattergun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage (Piercing): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1 Splash damage to ZakZak, Yellow circle and Yellow Trapezoid.

Taking the butt of his rifle he smashes it into the zombie's forehead near him.

Reinforced Buttstock vs Yellow Trapezoid: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 5 = 15
Damage (Bludgeoning): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Clear a Path Athletics to Shove (Yellow Trapezoid): 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 - 5 = 19 + free reload

◆ Strike (Red Circle)
◆ Strike (Yellow Trapezoid)
◆ Clear a Path (Yellow Trapezoid)

Player Status:

HP 31/38
AC 20
Rounds 18/20
Hero Point 1/3


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak screamed, "Decoy worked! Lock da door!" He ducks and weaves around under the table, avoiding the zombies.

Any chance my greater cover protects me from the scatter?


Lodge of the Living God

Having seen the cloud of red mist that Zakzak created, Booker does his best to recreate it. He comes close, but his destroyed zombie has a few larger chunks in the remains. Pellets hit everything too close to the target.
Crit when it only had 1 hp left…

I do not see anything in the rules that says cover or greater cover would stop the effect. If there is something, point me to it in the discussion area.

The bartender hesitates. It seems she wants a clear path where none of the zombies can reach out and claw her.

Yellow Trapezoid zombie evidently has a short attention span. It turns and attacks Booker. Although it barely manages to connect, that hit had a lot of power behind it. The zombie then grabs Booker.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Bludgeoning + grab: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round 3:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 8
Doc Featherton 13 grabbed by red trapezoid

Yellow Circle Zombie 9
Red Trapezoid Zombie 14
Red Circle Zombie 19 plus everything that Booker did to it
Blue Circle Zombie 23
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 42
Booker Kaar 15 grabbed by Yellow Trapezoid zombie
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 8


”Doc Featherton” | Female CN Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Drifter) 3 | HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

"Wouldja be a dear and leave yer filthy rotten hands off me fer long enough to reload?"

◆ Strike red w/ stabbin' gun

Bayonet vs Red Trapezoid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Ok... thats a decent crit. Given the damage totals I'm thinking I might be free of the grab now with 2 actions remaining? If that's true, I'd like to use my last 2 actions to stride and close the door.


Lodge of the Living God

Doc pierces Red Trapezoid with the bayonet, which destroys it and leaves her free to move.

She goes over and closes the door. Still will want to bar it.

Round 3:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 8

Doc Featherton 13
Yellow Circle Zombie 9
Red Trapezoid Zombie 22
Red Circle Zombie 19 plus everything that Booker did to it
Blue Circle Zombie 23
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 42
Booker Kaar 15 grabbed by Yellow Trapezoid zombie
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 8


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak bites at the nearest zombie.

Bite attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Bite damage (P): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

He then runs, jumping up to grab the bar and slide it into place. He glances toward the bartender. "You completely useless in crisis!"

Action 1: Strike. Action 2: Stride. Action 3: Interact to bar the door.


Female LG Elf (Seer) Gunslinger(Way of the Sniper) | HP 30/30 | AC 20 | F: +7, R: +11, W: +10 | Perc: +10, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Exploration Activity: Avoid notice | Rounds: 20/20 | Active conditions: None.

"Bartender! Get behind the bar! I'll cover you!" Zindarel shouts as she reloads and shoots at Yellow trapezoid.
Mithral tree: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

With the shot hitting the sniper slams another round into her gun.


Lodge of the Living God

Zakzak bites the zombie. This one tastes just as bad as the other.

He then moves over to the door. There are the braces to hold a bar, but no bar! Then he realizes what that heavy chunk of wood the bartender is holding must be for.
One action left

The bartender glares at Zakzak and uses the bar to point at the zombie in her way.

She tells Zindarel “Need to bar the door first!

Zindarel shoots the zombie that has Booker grabbed.

Round 3:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 8 One action left
Doc Featherton 13
Yellow Circle Zombie 15
Red Trapezoid Zombie 22
Red Circle Zombie 19 plus everything that Booker did to it
Blue Circle Zombie 23
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 42
Booker Kaar 15 grabbed by Yellow Trapezoid zombie
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 12


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zak pulls out a round to reload his gun. It is one action to get the round and one action to load it, right?


Lodge of the Living God

Zakzak reloads.

I believe it is just one action and that action includes drawing the ammo.

Yellow Circle Zombie moves over to Doc and punches her.
Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Bludgeoning + grab: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Round 3:

Bolded may act.

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 8
Doc Featherton 21
Yellow Circle Zombie 15
Red Trapezoid Zombie 22
Red Circle Zombie 19 plus everything that Booker did to it
Blue Circle Zombie 23
Blue Trapezoid Zombie 42
Booker Kaar 15 grabbed by Yellow Trapezoid zombie
Yellow Trapezoid Zombie 12


”Booker Kaar” | Male NG Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Vanguard) 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Bringing his gun up, Booker rests it against the zombie's chin and pulls the trigger. BLAM!

+1 Dwarven Scattergun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Damage (Piercing): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1 Splash damage to Myself, ZakZak, Yellow circle and Doc

He swings the butt around and shoves it into the undead's chest to release it from him as he puts a new packet of powder into the chamber and shoots the second zombie.

Clear a Path Athletics to Shove (Yellow Trapezoid): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20 + free reload

+1 Dwarven Scattergun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Damage (Piercing): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1 Splash damage to Myself, ZakZak, Yellow Trapezoid and Doc

◆ Strike (Yellow Trapezoid)
◆ Clear a Path (Yellow Trapezoid)
◆ Strike (Yellow Circle)

Player Status:

HP 21/38
AC 20
Rounds 18/20
Hero Point 1/3


Lodge of the Living God

Booker destroyed the Zombie with his first shot, causing pellets and shards of flesh to go everywhere.

No path to clear, so we will use that attack roll for your next attack.

He then reloads and shoots the other Zombie, causing pellets to fly and that zombie to collapse as well.

Combat over

With a clear path to the door, Martelle rushes forward and slams the wooden beam into the braces, barring the door.

Everyone quickly helps her close all the shutters as well.


Lodge of the Living God

You can hear the sounds of fighting from the street through the thick wooden walls, and the door rattles for a few moments as the sounds of groans and scratching fingers can be heard testing the building's defenses.

The bartender quickly addresses your group.

Name's Martelle. We oughta follow the rest up to the second floor and get a view of the street, see what in the Hell is going on out there.

She starts moving towards the stairs to the second floor.


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak nods, walking up the stairs. "Hey, Doc, me hear you say you wanted to chance to practice healing' someone .. " He holds up his bleeding arm.

Am down 8 total because I got sprayed.once in Booker's turn, but can't update the stat line right now from my phone.


”Booker Kaar” | Male NG Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Vanguard) 3 | HP 38/38 | AC 20 | F +8 R +10 W +7 | Perc +7 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Booker has bits of blood and gore covering all over him. "Same here Doc. Sorry about the powder burns everyone. Tight quarters and we were about to be eating." He says heading up to the second floor.

Player Status:

HP 21/38
AC 20
Rounds 16/20
Hero Point 1/3


Lodge of the Living God

Status:

Zindarel 6
Zakzak 10
Doc Featherton 23
Booker Kaar 17

The above is what I had.

Zakzak, did you include the 2 damage you took during Booker’s last turn? You said you had 2 less damage than my records show, which is why I ask.


”Doc Featherton” | Female CN Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Drifter) 3 | HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

Doc grimaces. "Not even 'nuff time for a quick patch up? Grab me a few bottles of Whisky! Or whatever else ya got high-proof. Got an improptu lead extraction ta perform..."

She glares at booker... although the grazes from his shot are nothing compared to the tears from the undead.

She pulls out a potion and heads upstairs, hoping she'll have enough time to patch everyone up before more undead break in.


Lodge of the Living God

Martelle grabs a bottle of whiskey and throws it to Doc. “Best I can do right now. Suggest you do the doctoring upstairs.” The whiskey is the really cheap stuff.


”Doc Featherton” | Female CN Medium Human Gunslinger (Way of the Drifter) 3 | HP 32/32 | AC 20 | F +7 R +11 W +9 | Perc +9 | Default Exploration (????) | Speed 25ft | Active Conditions: None

She grabs the bottle. "Perfect! Cheap stuff sterilizes just as good as the 'spensive stuff... and a swig of the 'spensive stuff will make you forget what the doc's 'bout ta do!"

She grabs the wounded patron and drags them upstairs, then looks for room to make a triage setup while her compatriots take stock of the situation.

If Doc has time to treat wounds she will perform some risky surgery on herself. Bayonet and whiskey to pull out the buckshot and zombie flesh.


Lodge of the Living God

Doc quickly realizes that the man who stumbled in is already dead and has a chance of getting back up as a zombie. She uses her bayonet to prevent that from happening.

All the other patrons have already fled upstairs.

A wide, open area provides additional seating for patrons of the bar. A waist-high railing surrounds a ten-foot-by-ten-foot opening to the bar below, and each of the room's walls sport a pair of large windows overlooking the street and alleys below.

The second floor of the Powder Horn is packed with worried patrons, most of whom are crowded around the northern windows overlooking the street.

While Doc starts treating her own wounds, Martelle comes up to speak with your group.

So here's the deal,” she begins. “You all clearly have more fight and experience in you than most of the folks out this way, you're a bit more smartly armed, and who knows what to expect of the guard. We could wait things out, see what happens, but it's not exactly like the number of zombies out there is shrinking. If we don't put a stop to this now, the whole city could be overrun.

So here's what I'm proposing—you lot head to the theater house and see if you can't figure out where all these zombies are coming from. Put a stop to them if you can or come back and let us know if you can't. You put an end to this mess and you've got free drinks for life here at the Powder Horn. I'm pretty sure any of the rest of us that survive can probably scrape together a purse for you if the city doesn't pay out a reward.

Deal?

Things are stable enough that you can do any medicine checks you want.


”Zakzak” | Male CG Small Goblin Gunslinger (Way of the Pistolero) 3 | HP 35/36 | AC 20 | F +9 R +11 W +7 | Perc +7 (Darkvision) | Default Exploration (Avoid notice +11 w/ Ten Paces bonus) | Speed 25ft] | Active Conditions: None

Zakzak nods. "Sound good to me. Better than standing around on roof waiting to get eat." He looks over the edge, while waiting for Doc to get to his wounds.

Are those clothes lines or something that connect this building to the one to the left? Could we use them to go rooftop to rooftop?


Lodge of the Living God

Why yes, those are clotheslines that you could cross. It would be more window to window.

Martello smiles and says “Way I see it, you've got two paths forward.

Holding up a finger, Martello says “The first one is that you make a break for the house across the square. It's owned by Aldivur, the theater's operator, and is also used to store costumes and props from the theater. You should be able to lock it up from the inside, keep the zombies out while you look for anything useful.

Holding up a second finger, she says “The other is maybe a bit trickier, but also safer.” Martelle gestures to the window along the west wall that Zakzak is looking out. “That clothesline is bolted in pretty good, and the Thuss's are good folks. If you can shimmy across there without falling into the alley, they might be able to help you out some. Rickard is a gunsmith and is likely to have some extra ammo on hand, maybe even some weapons.

Dropping her hand to her hip, she adds “If you fall off the line, you can still make a break for Aldivur's house, and if you get in there, well, they're closer to the theater than we are, so maybe they'll have an idea on what your best next move is.

Whaddaya think?

1 to 50 of 168 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Headshot the Rot Double ACP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.