GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor steps up to ne side of but slightly behind Father Kerndrew and repeats his words, in Mwangi/Polyglot. "Please, we mean no harm."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Group Knowledge Rolls:

Know Local Davor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Know Local Shalissa: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Know Local Neethan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Neethan recognizes the man as people from the local tribe of the Zikebo, who settle the lands around Kalabuto since centuries. Davor and Shalissa are also sure, that these are not Mzali the warriors known for wanting to raze Kalabuto.

The leader of the Zenji steps forward and tries to send you away. "Leave the guardian in peace! There is nothing left to steal here for you. "


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

With a grateful eye to Davor for translating, Father Kerndrew attempts to smooth things over. "Do you mean the shrine to Likeng? Father Curtius in Kalabuto sent us to examine the shrine. We have no desire to steal anything! I, too, revere Iomedae, and want to see the shrine restored to its glory!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Apparently too busy right now, Shalissa just follows up the group absentmindedly. She makes her best to try communicate and appease the tribemen "We mean no harm, but what guardian do you mean? Can we help?"
Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Knowing that he isn't a good negotiator Davor lets Father Kerndrew (and Shalissa) speak for the group.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The Natives are very confused when Father Kerndrew produces Iomedeas holy symbol, but after some explanations about the relationship between Aroden and Iomedea the relax slightly. Likeng was a paladin of Aroden and in Sargava

"You tell me Iomedea is friend of Likeng, but I have only your word. You can come with us, but don't try to go behind our backs."

The walk in a circle around you their spears still raised eyeing warily for any misstep on your side.

The war leader leads you down the path until it opens up in a small clearing with a small stone pyramid standing in the middle. Your eyes are immediately drawn to the carnage done at the far right coner. Here the large stones of the pyramid are opened up and strewn throughout the clearing.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa covers her nostrils disgusted by the scene "What has happened here?"

She also tries to explain the group further "Worshipers of Likeng at Kalabuto have sent us here to check what has happened, do you mind if we have a look inside?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Unless the natives are very against the idea, the elf advances to check the carnage and see what kind of injuries are they suffering and for how long they have been dead.
Heal (C.S.I): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The natives nod when Shalissa approaches the hole.

No dead people around here, just stones so I gonna take this as a Knowledge Engineering check

Somebody very strong apparentlyly just grabbed these stones and ripped them out of the wall.

Perception DC 20:

Its been a long while since all this happened, but you find tracks of a giant bipedal creature on the clearing.
You also find human footprints inside the tomb.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"We better be careful, whomever ripped away those stones, was someone really strong..." Shalissa frowns a bit concerned, but looks into the hole using her darkvision.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

"There are giant bipedal tracks on the clearing... and guess what, inside the tomb... there are human foot prints as well..." the elf says a word of power and her trident lights up "Let's go in and find what is going on"


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew looks to the natives for their approval before he moves to head inside. "I give you my word, our intent is only to discover what happened here, and to fix it if we can. We'll do no harm to this holy place."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Inside the tomb you you find a single room, dominated by a large table in the center where the ihabitant is supposed to lie. In this humid climate only bones and threads of fabric remain after this long a time. on the lefta nd right of the table a few chests and jar line the wall.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Survival to understand the tracks?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Davor moves in studying the floor, trying to determine what the previous people were looking for.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"I do not understand... have they desecrated the tomb?" Shalissa looks at the bones and fabric leftovers "Or are these bones the natural process of degradation of the dead?"

The elf also looks at the chests and jars to check if it seems someone has sacked the treasures.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"I'd guess this is just normal decay, but I'm not sure. Let me take a closer look." Father Kerndrew leans in to examine the remains, careful to only look and not touch until he's more confident he won't disturb anything important.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

From the story you heard you calculate that the body has the lying here for a long time, certainly long enough that only bones and a few clothes would be left.

But that doens not explain, why some of the bones are lying on the floor next to the table or why the fingers of her hand are broken. Searching the traces carefully you come to the cobclusion thatLikeng probably held her weapon or shield before her rest was disturbed so rudely.

The jars on the walls are also mostly broen and empty.

@Davor: Two "people", one of the giant came here. The giant probabky broke open the tomb, and then the other one robbed it. and they left again.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor looks up from the floor shaking his head. "One giant type, and one human sized individual. Looks like the giant broke the place open but the human sized one looted the place. Gone now though. I doubt my tracking skills are good enough to find them, unless they were really stupid and left a trail that a blind man could follow."

He exits looking for the war leader. "How long? It looks like just two but what they did in there...." He shakes his head in disgust. "Tomb robbers don't deserve to live but if their trail is too cold? Well, I'm not an expert tracker anyway."


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"I agree Father Kerndrew, this seems the job of tomb robbers..." she looks at the broken remains around "...what do you want to do Father? Shall we try to pursue them?"

"Can you try to find their track Davor? Neethan and myself we can try to help with magic" Shalissa does offer guidance and verbal instruction.
for a +3

Survival aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"Father Curtius just asked for notice; we can always send that downriver, and our obligation would be complete." Father Kerndrew doesn't seem to be very interested in that particular option, though.

"These are important relics, though, and relations with these people may be even more important. If we could find them, and see them restored..." he looks everyone dead in the eye. "That's what I want to do."

Turning to Davor, he offers an idea. "Maybe one of the tribespeople here is a decent tracker. If we can't follow the trail ourselves, I wonder if they'd be willing to help?"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Having been kept busy studying his new spells, Neethan is torn from his thoughts by Shalissa referring to him. He focuses a little more on the problem at hand and uses his Detect Magic spell while watching the ruined grave. He’s not sure what they are looking for. Someone has obviously been here and broken in.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Survival, aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa smiles "I was not expecting anything else from you Father Kerndrew"

She will follow up with the guide idea, getting out of the tomb to talk with the natives "Did any of you saw where the tomb-robbers went to or there is anyone among you able to track them?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Will also detect magic to help Neethan on the identification.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

No magic items left, the tomb has been plundered expertly.

The leader of the natives comes out of the tomb together with you and describes to the others what you found ion there native language. Then he turns towards you. "Like you we came to investigate. A friend of mine was coming here to pray yesterday and he found the tomb like that."

With the help of the natives you are able to find the path were the robbers left. You follow it as it avoids the nearby tradepost and approaches the river after a good 15 minutes. Unfortunately here they seem to have caught a boat and left downriver (same direction you are planing to go.)

"I believe it was at least 4 days ago that these man came here. I don't think it will be possible to follow them from here. "

Perception or Sense Motive 15:

In the back, some natives are discussing heatedly among themselves.It seems to you, that some of them are very upsetwhile others are trying to calm them down. You here the word Jigeke mentioned multiple times.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Perception DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

"This is disappointing." Father Kerndrew notes. "Well, they seem to be headed in the same direction as we are; perhaps we'll encounter them further on. Can you give us a good description of the relics--something really identifiable--so we'll know them if we see them?"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan sees some of the natives are discussing something in the background, and he does not really trust them either.

I can make another check
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

@ Neethan the result was in the spoiler and I was assuming it would be something to tell the others about.

Neethanpoints out that one fo the natives seem very upset about something. Now that you turn your attention to it you hear him discuss with his friends about something called Jigeke.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"I see it difficult to catch right now. But if Iomedae wants you to save those relics, I am sure we will have a chance later on" Shalissa taps the paladin's shoulder reassuringly, she then helps him get a description of the artifacts.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Shalissa approaches one of the more calm natives and asks "Jigeke? What is going on? Who is this Jigeke?" she asks in Polyglot.

Then an idea crosses through her head "Kerndrew, the sorcerer you were told to deal with... might he be a necromancer interested on the objects of the dead?"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Davor listens and also wonders about what or who Jigeke was. Since Shalissa asked he just waits for the answer quietly.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan was not with the others when Kerndrew got his special vision or mission or whatever drives the paladin. The wizard knows his ally is looking for some bad sorcerer though. Shalissa seems to make some kind of connection to what they are facing here, and Neethan tries to remember what he has heard about anyone called ‘Jigeke’. Shalissa thinks he might be a necromancer, and Neethan feels for any lingering magic aura to confirm her theory, while he listens to her questions.

Continue to use Detect Magic and search for traces of lingering magic auras.
Remember anything about Jigeke ?

Kn(history): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Kn(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"This is just a myth. Something to frighten the kids with. I am sure it has nothing to do with this matter."

The leader remains unconvinced but when Neethan tells you what he knows about Jigeke, the natives fill in some of the details. Nice rolls Neethan.

Jigeke is a Necromancer who is supposed to roam in the screaming jungle and the surrounding lands. Exciled from his home village for practicing the dark arts, he than lotted the tomb of a great Zenji Warrior named Amghawe stealing his war mask of terror. He also enslaved the creature guarding the tomb, a fabled creature once slain by Amghawe.

Since then he is rumoured to terrorize the jungle with his zombie and seeking lost artefacts to increase his power.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor listens to Neethan's words, unsure of what they should do. They didn't want to let a different group find the city before them.... But Pharasma didn't like people using undead. While he wasn't a priest of the Lady of Graves, he did respect her principles.

"It's not part of our plan, but maybe we could track him down and end his reign of terror? Pharasma doesn't like necromancers and their undead."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan has heard enough stories about this lone necromancer, to just discard it as a myth. The wizard has been in a cave for more than four years though, so he can’t be sure it’s the same one active now. It could be someone else. None-the-less, they had no trouble seeing tracks to follow around the tomb. He looks around for Athyra, wondering if they will ever get any use from her.
Turning to the leader of the war pack: ”Look, there are tracks of some kind of giant-like humanoid. Can you track it, so we can follow and help you defeat it and whoever did this?”


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"I've no objection to trying to hunt down this necromancer. If we spend a little time, and realize it will take too much time, we can move on at that point, but it seems a lead worth following up on."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

you have already followed all the tracks there are. They led you to this place where the tomb robbers have boarded a boat, which happened a few days ago. The best way to find this guys is continuing along your journey and be on the lookout for new information.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"The tracks are lost here in the river, I doubt we can do something about it if they are days ahead..." Shalissa explains sighing "Let's recover our journey and hope we have a chance to find him later on"

If the group agrees, the elf will say thanks to the natives and continue the group's way forward into the jungle "Uf, mosquitoes are starting to become so prevalent... I wished there was some way to end them here"


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan had been so totally occupied by trying to remember what he had heard about the evil necromancer, he did not notice they’d come to a river where the tracks ended. Rumors about Jigeke had been used for years to scare children, but there was enough truth behind them to scare grown-ups too. Jigeke was a ferocious magician; he was seven feet tall with command over living and dead; almost his whole tribe had been killed in a horrible way, when they opposed him; he could kill you by just looking at you, … The stories were many. Maybe a part of Neethan unconsciously really wanted this war band to come along with them in their pursuit. Chasing after such a character, seemed a tough task where everyone was needed.

On the other hand, Jigeke might be long gone, and the team needed to continue their own journey. He agrees with Shalissa.
”Yes, let’s find us a boat.”
The wizard starts looking for anything along the river.
”We likely need to get back to that trading post and see what they can offer.”

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

"There might be some stinky oil or something that would repel mosquitoes. We can ask while we look for a boat."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Luckily the trader who brought you here is still busy loading his fresh supplies and willing to take you with him once more.

Know Nature 15 or Know Local 15 allows you to find a woman selling an evil smelling paste to be used to repell the worst attackers.

You pass another 2 nights on the small cramped boat, but its still easier that the treck through the jungle lying in front of you.

On the next day around noon you finally arrive at the Lake of the Vanishing Armies a huge freshwater lake ant the junction of the River of Lost Tears and the Korir River.
Here at the Sargavan border with the Mwangi Expanse, dozens of tribal settlements line the muddy banks of both the river and the lake. Locals earn meager livings catching mud crabs and turtles, making mud bricks, and growing rice, hippo grass, and other native grains.

The soft, shallow banks make it difficult to land your larger craft, but as soon as you approach a dozen smaller vessels pole raft out to
meet you in the shallow water, hoping to barter their foodstuffs for worked metal, crafted technologies, and other such materials.
You secure passge to the village on one of them for a few glass pearls and bid goodbye to the trader who brought you this far.

I need a decision. From er on out it is tracking on foot along the upper Korir into the Jungle once more.
But here on the northern lake you hold a treasure map of a sunken Vessel which you might want to spend a day exploring.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Kn(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 paste?
Neethan makes a fool of himself, falling out of the narrow and unstable canoe when he tries to get out of it and up on the riverbank. Half-covered in mud, he is too busy cleaning himself to really be asking for any insect-repellent. “You can let that mud stay on you!”, the natives jokingly answer.

Later, when he has cleaned up a bit, he takes more interest in where they are. He remembers the map they had been given earlier, and at least making an effort to found something could be worth it, if it doesn’t take too much time.
Initially, he’s more interested in hearing if the natives know anything about Jigeke though, and he asks around to find any recent news.
Kn(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Jigeke?


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Know-Nature for bug repellent?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

How are we doing on time? Or.... How well do we think we are doing? Can we spare a day? The treasure map won't go away, so we could come back later. ?? Or we could try for it now. Do we have any information on it as to what may be there? Davor is neutral on it.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"That's a good idea Davor" Shalissa smiles and will look after some repellent back among the natives.

Shalissa enjoys the trip overmuch, observing all the vegetation and species they find, taking notes and making drawings. The exchange at the Lake of Vanishing Armies is even more interesting and she is happy to trade pearls for food and supplies.

"I think we should do good to explore the sunken ship, what do you think?" hearing Davor thoughts she adds "It will likely not take us more than a day, and whatever we find might help us in our adventure" assuming the others will also be interested, she will check the map and try to locate the exact location of the sunken ship using that information.
K. geography (use the map): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan agrees with Shalissa and joins her studying the map too.
Kn(geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew pulls out his own map of the Mwangi Expanse, purchased back in Cheliax before boarding the ship, and tries to help make sense of the treasure map.

Knowledge (geography), aid another DC 10, detailed map of the Mwangi Expanse: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10

"We should be cautious of too many delays, but I can see the value in trying to find more useful resources. We may have to do battle with a necromancer soon, and anything will help with that."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

you have been maling good progress so far although the whole business in Kalabuto has cost you at least a day.

Comparing the map to Father kerndrews map and Neethan ocal knowledge you are certain the vessel is at the northern end of the lake (Near where you are.) The map also give reference points on the shore which should allow you to find the spot where you need to dive.

Having agreed to at least try to find the spot you start asking around for a boat.
At first people are flocking you offering there service but once tehy realize that you plan to dive in the lake, interest cools cosinderably and you are forced to pay almost 5 sp to find somebody who is willing to take you.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Seeing the strange reactions about diving the wreck Davor asks the person that was willing to guide them, "I noticed a concerned reaction when we asked about the wreck. Is there is something dangerous known to live in the lake? Something that you wouldn't want disturbed? We don't want any risk to you of course!"

Diplomacy to ask?: 1d20 ⇒ 15


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa shares Davor's worries and waits for the natives to answer.
Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Meanwhile, Shalissa starts preparing the boat, boarding it with a shovel, a crowbar to remove the vessel's plank, and any other tools from their expedition cart that might be of help on the ship.

"Mother of waves, take care of us as we explore this new destination" the elf will give herself into prayers as they board the new boat, letting others oar, while preparing the water breathing spell.


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

"As usual, look who has to do the hard work while the water princess talks with her god..." Kyra mumbles while taking the oars and starting to guide the boat into the waters, trying to avoid dangerous whirls and rocks.
Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"They are afraid of Amoak. but doi not worry, she is only a story, nobody has seen her in centuries."

After asking for details you learn that a large beast has been living in this lake since times long past. From time to time a fisherman reprots being capsized by a giant snake or whale. Down in the south of the lake Amoak can apparently be seen leaving the lake and feed on grass in foggy nights.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Amoak... that is worrying, we should be careful, but I guess we will find out on time..." Shalissa points out thanking the natives for all their help "We will also need ropes"

With that, she takes sit on the boat and lets the sailors oar towards the sunken vessel.

Spells prepared for the day:

Allowed sources: CRB, APG, UM, UC, ACG and ARG (ask for out of these sources)
* used spell
^ domain spell
CL 5 (+1 evocation, +2 with scrolls and symbols), Concentration +10 (+1 evocation; 3 Wis, 5 CL, 2 Jask mantra’s), Spell Penetration +7 (+1 evocation; 5 CL, 2 racial)
Orisons
light
detect magic
divine guidance
create water
dancing lights 3/3 (Varisian Tattoo)

Level 1 (5/day)
shocking grasp^
bless
liberating command
obscuring mist
shield of faith

Level 2 (4/day)
flame blade (electrical version)^
bull's strength
sound burst (Fort 17)
summon monster II

Level 3 (3/day)
lightning bolt (Ref 18)^
water breathing
summon monster III


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan is not the most physical of them and instead tries to sit still in the boat. If he thinks they will arrive at the end of the lake where they might encounter trouble within 2-3 hours, he will cast Mage Armor already now. Until then, he tries to remember anything about this region and/or about water-dwelling large animals that could fit into the description of ‘part snake – part whale’. It sounds big! The animal is reportedly eating grass, rather than killing off all the fish in the area though.

Kn(nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Kn(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor listens but does not comment. There is always some truth behind the legends, but whales don't live in fresh water....


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Sorry for the delay, had bad luck with the wifi on my train journey so couldn't really post updates.

Neethan has no specific idea Knowledge what that beast might be.

With Kyra and Shep manning the ours you make a swift journey out onto the lake, looking for the landmarks. Unfortunately finding them proves a bit harder than you thought. But after spending a few hours checking various options you come top the conclusion that it can only point to that small island. Apparently the water levels have fallen since the map was made.

By now its getting a bit late but you decide to give it a quick look at least.started not before 3 pm and have been searching a while already.and its a hige lake.

While Kyra put herself into the oars once more, you keep watch for any hidden magical beast. After 10 minutes you approach a small bank of fog, when the shape of a almost completely sunken vessel slowly appears. Only a few masts and part of the hindcastle are still sticking out of the water, the rest is submerged below the waves.

In half and hour the sun will set completely and here in the tropics things will get dark really soon.

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.