GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"They're all okay?" Father Kerndrew asks Shalissa, indicating the workers. At her nod, he enters Shalissa's spell and starts towards the room Plivus indicated Cheiton was in, moving right around the man in his way.

Actions:

Double Move: 30'

Will vs calm emotions: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Father Kerndrew rushes to the room where Cheiton is suppsed to be, completely ignpring the redhaired man. unfortunately the man has a very similar idea and so they are blocking each other in the dooorway

@Kerndrew Please roll strength against the agent to keep him from pushes throught the door in front of you. Of course you also have the option to just perform an Attack of opportunity instead.

Red Strength:

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Attack Agents:

Agent(Braun) vs Kyra
Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Hit, Crit Threat
Dam: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Agent(Yellow) vs Shep
Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Dam: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Agent(Pink)vs Kyra
Short Sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Hit
Dam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Agent(Braun) Crit confirm vs KyraCritical
Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Dam: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Kyra Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

In the meantime the newcomers release their crossbows at Kyra and Shep to better the odds of the fight while the last one rushes into melee. Kyra being unexpectedly in the frontline takes the brunt of the attack and is quickly cut down.

Seeing his comrade fall so quickly Shep decides to withdraw immediately inside, now leaving Davor standing alon in the path of the attackers.

The young man who brought the agents back from the ship decides to have a look first how things are going and waits outside All workers delay to be inline with the agents.
I left Shalissa up in case she wants to change her action after the new situation.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor
Neethan(33/37)
Plivus(Orange)(5) - Running away
Agent(Red)(15) - Calmed
Agent(Braun)(5)
Agent(Yellow)
Worker(Green) - Calmed
Worker(Blue) - Calmed
Worker(Schwarz)
Agent(Pink)
Shalissa
Kyra - Dying
Shep


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

An attack of opportunity would definitely break calm emotions, right? Would the Strength check maintain calm emotions?

Also, how did red get the jump on Kerndrew's move? A readied action if I moved towards the door?


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Are the big double doors in the south considered a) open inwards, b) open outwards, or c) non-existent/slided to the side?
What type of cover do they give if a) or b)?

Neethan sees Kyra getting hurt badly from the attack and sends a fire spell just outside the door, to keep the aggressors thinking about something else.

Combat:

Casting Flaming Sphere on Agent(Pink)
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect 5-ft.-diameter sphere. The sphere moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target.
Duration 1 round/level, Move action for me to move it
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) + 2 = 11, fire damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw Reflex negates; Spell DC = 17
Spell Resistance yes ;
Caster level check (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Flaming Sphere A: R1,R2,R3,R4,R5

#images: 4 (hit on a "1")


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Reflex ST: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 11 damage taken


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa focuses on her spell, maintaining it active and keeping low the desire to fight for the others "I suggest you help release Cheiton and tell us where our notes are. It is going to end better for you all." she tries to convince the workers at the least if not the agents.

When she sees the events at the door, she also moves forward with her trident at hands to support Davor somehow "You stubborn pirate had to stay there..."

Kyra keeps bleeding? DC 11: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Are we using the Power Point map on One Drive? I don't see anyone close enough to do an AoO. ?? Is it a double door or am I standing just inside the doorway, close to the flaming sphere?

Seeing Kyra go down Davor switches his blade to his off hand and pulls the Curing wand to use. CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Using poison? I'll use your entrails as bait the next time I go fishing!"


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

Kyra opens an eye, and seeing the Aspis serpent looming over her, she quickly feigns being still unconscious on the floor, all while looking for one of her daggers on the belt.
Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

HP 6/11


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

As the man tries to muscle past him, Father Kerndrew resists, throwing his shoulder into the man's chest to try to keep him away from the door.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Father Kerndrew easily blocks the man and enters the room first. He finds himself in Plivus office. The large desk on the right is taken up by various stacks of parchment. On the left are two shelfs with some rolls of fines fabric as well as other wares deemed to be to valuable for the main area. In front of them Cheiton is bound onto another chair and desperately trying to free himself.

Kerndrew, you still got your main action for this turn. and in interest of clarity of situation I will wait for you to post it.

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor
Neethan(33/37)
Plivus(Orange)(5) - Ran away
Agent(Red)(15) - Calmed
Agent(Braun)(5)
Agent(Yellow)
Worker(Green) - Calmed
Worker(Blue) - Calmed
Worker(Schwarz)
Agent(Pink)(11)
Shalissa
Kyra(7/11)
Shep


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew, recognizing Cheiton and the man's situation--and considering the pursuit--decides he needs solitude to free their guide.

He spins on entering the room, and slams the door shut. He looks about for a way to lock or block the door so he can free Cheiton without interference.

Actions:

5' step
Move: close door
Standard: lock/bar(?) door


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Finding Cheiton inside, Kerndrew decides to bar the door to gain some time to free the dwarf. He finds a nearby broomstick and lodges it beneath the door to block it form opening inside.
Unfortunately the stick was too old already and starts breaks as soon as the aspis agents pushes harder against the door. For now it holds, but you doubt it can take another hit like that.

Kerndrew:

Strength Red: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 4 = 18
Being the calmed the Agent cannot really rush the door with full force (-4 Modifier), but a 20 is still a 20. On another successful DC 15 check he will break through, but you got a full turn inside the room to do as you please and how likely is he to get another 20.
Cheiton is losely bound to the chair but cutting the rope is still going to take 2 or 3 rounds. There is no easily reachable things in soght to block the door but if you use your full turn you can put a few more things in front of the door to improve your cosntructions

Combat:

Agent(Braun)
Short Sword vs Davor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Dam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Agent(Yellow)
Short Sword vs. Shalissa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Dam: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Agent(Pink)
Hand Crossbow vs. Davor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Dam: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Worker(Schwarz)
Dagger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor(30/37) - Poisoned?
Neethan(33/37)
Plivus(Orange)(5) - Ran away
Agent(Red)(15) - Calmed
Agent(Braun)(5)
Agent(Yellow)
Agent(Pink)(11)
Worker(Green) - Calmed
Worker(Blue) - Calmed
Worker(Schwarz)
Shalissa
Kyra(7/11)
Shep


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Poisoned?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Hmm.... Yep!

Attack w/ dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 And no to damage!


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page
Davor Krill wrote:

[dice=Poisoned?]1d20+6 Hmm.... Yep!

[dice=Attack w/ dagger]1d20 +7 And no to damage!

Apparently that bit of post didn't make it into the final post:

if Davor fails a FORT save DC 15:

You are paralyzed.
In your turn roll another Fort Save DC 15
If you fail take 1d2 CON Damage
If you suceed twice in a row paralyze is gone

The agents who have shot their crossbows drop them to go into full melee.

@ Davor you are paralyzed and need to make another FORT DC 15 check each time your turns comes up including this one. If you succeed 2 times in a row you are cured. Each time you fail you take 1d2 con damage.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Seeing more enemies storming in, Neethan goes on the offensive. He is reluctant to let his allies take collateral damage and first moves the flaming sphere. He then sets off a fireball outside in the yard to catch some bad guys.

”Boom!”

Combat:

(Move action) Moving Flaming Sphere. ->E11, D10, D9, attacking Agent(Yellow)
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect 5-ft.-diameter sphere. The sphere moves 30 feet per round. As part of this movement, it can ascend or jump up to 30 feet to strike a target.
Duration 1 round/level, Move action for me to move it
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6, 1) + 2 = 12, fire damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw Reflex negates; Spell DC = 17
Spell Resistance yes ;
Caster level check (if needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Flaming Sphere A: R2,R3,R4,R5
- - -
Casting Fireball (Since a large entrance with a wide road to it, I assume some open space just outside, like a yard for loading.)
Range long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Area 20-ft.-radius spread
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half, Spell DC = 18; Spell Resistance yes
Damage: 5d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 5, 2) + 2 = 21, fire damage incl Intense spells


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

BTW: If any agent/worker ran through the area of the flaming sphere before, they would have taken damage too.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

REFL ST DC17 yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
REFL ST DC18 Pink: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage halfed
REFL ST DC18 black: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor(30/37) - Paralyzed, another ST Needed
Neethan(33/37)
Plivus(Orange)(5) - Ran away
Agent(Red)(15) - Calmed
Agent(Braun)(5)
Agent(Yellow)(12)
Agent(Pink)(22) - Critically Burned
Worker(Green) - Calmed
Worker(Blue) - Calmed
Worker(Schwarz)(21) - Critically Burned
Shalissa
Kyra(7/11)
Shep


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Davor, are you ok?" noticing something is wrong with her half-orc friend, Shalissa drops the calm emotions and holding the line, starts to cast a spell.
Concentration (cast defensively) DC 19: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

A sudden sound burst burst among the aspis ranks, with a bit of luck giving some seconds for Davor to recover.
Sonic damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Fort DC 17 or get 1 round stunned (dropping stuff to the ground so they cannot full attack for a coup de grace on the second round either)

If the aspis threatening Davor gets stunned, Shalissa steps forward to threaten him with her trident.


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

If the thug next to her gets stunned, Kyra quickly stands up and tries to stab the dagger on him.
Dagger (stunned): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Otherwise, she remains on the ground.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

When a screeching burst of sound booms through the warehouse the two agents closes to you are completely overwhelmed and but their hands to their ears in defense. The two people outside fare slightly better, but after being burned badly by the fireball the blackskinned young man is dropping to the ground while the last agent just decides to run away.
Kyra uses the opportunity to give the guy towering over her a nice cut in the leg bevor jumping up to help defend Davor.

Davor can only watch in horror at the carnage around him, although at least he doesn't seem to be in immediate danger.

Kerndrew hands Cheiton is starknife to give the man a chance to free himself, while pushing against the door to hold The red haired man out of the room.

Mechanics:

Fort DC 17 Brown: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Stunned
Fort DC 17 Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Stunned
Fort DC 17 Black: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Stunned
Fort DC 15 Davor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Fail
Con Damage Davor: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Kerndrew STR: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
RED STR: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Battle Status - Characters in bold may act
Kerndrew
Davor(25/32) - CON -2, Paralyzed, another ST Needed
Neethan(33/37)
Plivus(Orange)(5) - Ran away
Agent(Red)(15)
Agent(Braun)(10) - Stunned
Agent(Yellow)(12) - Stunned
Agent(Pink)(22) - Running away
Worker(Green)
Worker(Blue)
Worker(Schwarz) - Dying
Shalissa
Kyra(7/11)
Shep


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Feeling the poison sink into his muscles, removing his ability to control them is nasty. If he survives Davor fully intends to flay the poisoners....

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

But not yet. He falls to the ground, limbs randomly shaking.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan grins when he sees two bad guys have had it when things get too hot for them. The rest of them are inside the warehouse, so he’s a bit more cautious now. The wizard lets the flaming sphere stay, grilling the stunned agent, and sends a silvery missile snaking around Shalissa to hit the other agent bothering them right in the chest.

Combat:

Flaming Sphere in place, attacking Agent(Yellow)
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) + 2 = 12, fire damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw Reflex negates; Spell DC = 17

Flaming Sphere A: R3,R4,R5

Casting Force Missile. (Hits Agent(Brown) like Magic Missile)
Missile: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, force damage, incl Intense spells
Saving Throw none;
Spell Resistance yes ;

#images: 4 (hit on a “1”)


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Unless Nethan has already defeated the two remaining aspises and she can focus on Davor, Shalissa starts casting a shocking grasp spell to end the one next to him.
Concentration (cast defensively) DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Regretfully, as the aspises get out of their stun, the elf is disconcerted and the spell is ruined "Oh, no!"


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

Stepping to the side to gain a flank, Kyra works on the same aspis thug.
Dagger+flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Critical?: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lodging the dagger in between the bones of the back, the pirate puts the blade very close to the heart "Feel that ya', don't mess up with da' pretty eyed half-orc! Ok?"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Neethan cintiues to expertly wield his fire magic and burns another agent, while Kyra drives her dagger deep into the shoulder of the agent standing over Davor. Hanging on for dear live these two decide to cut their losses and withdraw.

Seeing all his friends gone, the red haired agent raises his hands and calls out: "No need to go all inferno on us, this is just a minor misunderstanding You take your friend and we all walk our separate way like civilized man."

Combat is over, but Davor is stil paralyzed.

Mechanics:

Con Damage Davor: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Refl DC 17 Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Full damage


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Which way do the agents withdraw? If “south”, then they need to pass Kyra for possible AoO since she has a melee weapon, right? Possibly even from Shalissa too?
We might want to catch these and at least take their weapons and poison away. Maybe they have an antidote for Davor?

Seeing the two agents being dealt with, Neethan extinguishes his flaming sphere, and looks for Plivus. The merchant had run in to the adjacent room. He looks inside and then enters it if no present danger.
Is the white bar a door or just an opening? If door, Neethan will open it and look inside before continuing inside. (Map updated)


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Neethan opens the door to find another small storage chamber. But this one has another door to the lane in the back of the warehouse. Plivus is long gone by now.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Seeing Plivus has fled, Neethan returns to Davor. If the half-orc is still paralyzed or getting worse from the poison, the wizard will force down his vial of antitoxin into Davor’s mouth, hoping it will help his friend battle the poison.


HP 11/11 | AC 15 TAC 12 FF 13 | CMD 14 | Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +2 | Senses +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Climb +5, Craft (ships) +3, Perception +4, Profession (fisherman) +4, Profession (sailor) +8, Survival +4, Swim +5
Female N Human Expert 1/Warrior 1

Where Shalissa is happy to let the aspis just go, Kyra is not nearly as nice. She quickly reacts trying to bring down the more injured one "That's for ya'r learning!"
Dagger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Meanwhile, Shalissa brings most of her attention on the paralyzed half-orc "Davor! Can you hear me? If you hear me do not worry, whatever they have used on you we are going to countermeasure it."

She does indeed check the wound and try to find out what kind of poison it is, sucking it out of the wound and removing a chunk of flesh if needed to stabilize him.
Heal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Treat Poison (Heal):
To treat poison means to tend to a single character who has been poisoned and who is going to take more damage from the poison (or suffer some other effect). Every time the poisoned character makes a saving throw against the poison, you make a Heal check. If your Heal check exceeds the DC of the poison, the character receives a +4 competence bonus on his saving throw against the poison.

If it seems it might help, Shalissa will cast a healing spell on Davor.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Kyra manages another cut in the arm on the fleeing agent, but he still makes his getaway.

In the meantime Shaissa desparately tries to reduce the effect of Poison paralyzing Davor but since she cannot identify it it is to no avail.

Finally she gives up and just heals Davor.

The remaining Aspis Agent shortly thinks about using he confusion to effect a getaway, but a short and ferocious Look by Kyra convinces him otherwise.

"Don't worry its nonLethal and only temporary. I am sure he will be fine any minute now."

Fort DC 15 Davor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Shalissas Heal was not succesful
Con Damage Davor: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Fort DC 15 Davor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Shalissa Heal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Con Damage Davor: 1d2 ⇒ 2 total CON Damage 6

Neethan fhas now returned to Davor and can choose to give him the Antitoxin. Kerndrew and Cheiton are just stepping out of the backroom.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Seeing her efforts are futile, Shalissa stands up and desperately faces the Aspis agent "That does not serve me. What is that poison you use? How do you counteract it?"

"Check their pouches, they must have a solution to counteract their poison." she turns bitterly at the agent "Although the worst poison is the one in their tongue. Where are our notes? Who ordered you to take them?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan will make sure Davor gets his vial of antitoxin down ASAP, whether
Davor drinks it himself or Neethan helps pour it down.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

The Agent replies "HEy leave me alone. We don't have anythigns against it. if somebody cuts himself you just wait a minute and he is fine again."

In the meantime Neethan administers the Antitoxin and after a few seconds Davor can move again.
Fort DC 15 Davor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Fort DC 15 Davor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor finally gets his limbs under control and slowly rises. "Check his weapons. Maybe if he's so OK with the effects of the poison we should just stick him a few times with the poisoned darts! We'll have to do it before the authorities arrive though. I'm sure they'll want to discuss punishment and reparations. Kidnapping. Theft. Assault and Battery. Child abuse! And I'm sure I could think of a few more, inventive charges to add to the list!" The gray pallor to his skin and the occasional twitch, possibly indicating issues with the hard time he'd had with the poison add to his obvious anger.

Intimidate: 1d20 ⇒ 10 I really need to put a couple skill ranks here!


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Seeing Davor getting better, Neethan picks up the dropped handcrossbows the fleeing agents have left, as well as any other dropped weapon.

Davor, Shalissa and Kyra seem to have the remaining agent(s?) under control, and the wizard instead checks up on Cheiton to see how the dwarf is faring. He asks Kerndrew and Cheiton if they have found the stolen notes and journal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Loot:

You find 3 Hand Crossbows, 2 Masterwork Punching daggers, and 2 masterwork shortswords.

Searching the red agent
Davor and decides to search Ferral (the red Agent) before the man can cause further unpleasant surprises and finds another 4 doses of some oily substance. The man also carries the same weapons as his fellow agents had. but on his belt you find a scroll case and a small pouch of valuable gems.

When Davor decide the threaten him he seem rather unfaced and replies: "Child abuse? You don't look like a child to me. But maybe the watch will see otherwise. After all you were rather weak."

The other prisoners
The two worker look very unhappy about the being caught in this whole situation and carry nothing of value.

Office room
Neethan enters Plivus offices and finds Cheiton there trying to gte his blood flowing again. Apart from that the dwarf is completely unharmed and tells you that once they were sure he wouldn't knw anything of value they mostly just left im alone.

On the desk Neethan finds Yarzoths and Shalissas Journal. Ferral was obviously just reading Shalissas notes on Tazion. beside the Jpurnal you find the remains of a used scroll.

Spellcraft DC 19:

That was a higher level evocation spell.

PS I didn't find a way to know afterwards what exactly a scroll did, but if There is just point me to it.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan ties two of the handcrossbows to his backpack. He hopes to sell them and get his antitoxin replaced.
Do these smaller crossbows use smaller bolt than regular?
”Check for bolts too!” he calls over his shoulder on the way to the office room.
Inside, he finds Cheiton relatively unharmed and also the stolen items. The remains of a used scroll also lie on the desk. Neethan can only guess what the scroll contained. He studies the notes and journal quickly.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Linguistics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Either these thugs needed some help interpreting the notes or they likely used some means to send info therein to someone else.

He walks out to the red-haired agent again and confronts him.
”Whom did you send this info? Who hired you to do this?”


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Spellcraft+well read: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23 To decipher the scroll carried by Ferral
Appraise (gems): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Shalissa smiles when Davor stands up very angry at the remaining agent, and gently puts a hand over his shoulder "I will look at the ill effects of the poison once we are back to business. I think I might be able to make your recovery quicker"

And facing the agent, she tries to reinforce Davor's attempts by playing the good police "It is probably better if you just give us the information we need. Your superior do not deserve your sacrifice, and if you tell us how you discovered about our goals and who ordered to kidnap Cheiton and our notes, there are chances for you to get out of this in a better shape."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Once Kerndrew gets out of the cabinet with her notes, the elf is greatly relieved, and she helps trying to find out what has been done with the scroll.
Spellcraft+well read: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30
Alarmed she quickly stops anyone from manipulating the scroll remains or notes "Hold on! There is an evocation aura! They might have put explosive runes or another dangerous glyph over it."
K. arcana+well read: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
You usually can identify a spell that is on place with a DC 20 + spell level arcana check.
Some other spell have additional special rules, like explosive runes or symbol of death which can be seen with Perception and identified with read magic.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan does not want to openly disagree with Shalissa, but he doubts her interpretation. He lets her take the empty scroll sheet, however. Being an evoker himself, his guess is a Sending spell has been used to send the info to the agent’s employer, rather than any exploding trap (which would belong to another school of magic).

While Shalissa worries about the scroll, Neethan helps her give the gems a once-over.
Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Admin:

Hand Crossbow need special bolts of which you only find the 10 which Ferral had on his person.
Scroll case contains a scroll of Haste
The Jewels are worth roughly 150 gp.
Nothing new is found out about the used scroll.

"Of course I am willing to discuss this unfortunate incident. I was just sitting with my ship and my mates down at the dock opreparing for a trip back to Freeport, when the local agent, Plivus approaches me. He says the Consortium has a job for me."

He then continues to tell you that he knew a small group would arrive looking to move onward into the jungle. He was to find out were you were supposed to go and to hinder you in any way possible.

"So when I find you sleeping all nicely I decide to offer cheiton here a special all expense paid holiday and have a look at what you have in that notes fo yours. Plivus wasn't too happy, but I needed to leave towards freeport tomorrow and I wasn't Going to take the dwarf with me."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Though the agent is trying to reason with them, Neethan does not relax yet.
”So, the Aspis Consortium hired you. And these gems are your payment for taking something that was ours. You read our notes and then you sent them the info, didn’t you?”. Only the last part comes out as a question. The rest is more a statement.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

As she opens up the case and finds a scroll within, Shalissa nods with an appraising eye "You are going to like this one Neethan" and the elf passes it to the wizard without saying more, knowing any prideful wizard would not like being pointed out it is a haste scroll.

Shalissa studies the man's reactions trying to discern if he is being truthful or trying to avoid the blame.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

If the man is saying the truth, then Shalissa is fine with letting the man go if there is no guards to hand them "I guess you cannot tell us how Plivus knew about that, but do you have any idea where he might have gone hiding himself?"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor seethes at the man's responses, about the poison, and his comment about child abuse. "I meant how you hire children to do your spying. Hopefully you pay them well while you steal their innocence."

"As to this poison.... I wonder how you would enjoy.... perhaps all four doses of these poured across your arms? And then we just poke you with one of the little darts. Just enough to give you all of the effects of the poison, one right after the other? I know what one felt like, to me."

"Shalissa? What do you think? I can't accept selling this crap so maybe this would be a good use?"

Not opening any of the poison. I don't have the skill to not risk poisoning myself if it has a touch effect.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"You are mistaken, your excellence, this gems are just a poor traders reserve funds in case my boat needs a repair. But yes you are right, I believe Plivus was using that scroll to talk to someone."
" But I don't think I know were he went. I am not often in Kalabuto."

Well the story might be true, but it feels much too clean. Unfortunately you can't really prove otherwise.

Shortly afterwards the city guard arrives and secures the property. When you tell your story, it takes some convincing, but when Cheiton tells the same story they collect Ferral.

But before they go the collect a fine of 10 gp from Neethan for endagering public safety. Diplomacy DC 15 halves

Unless you really want to continue searching for Plivus you return to cheitons home.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan starts counting out the gold coins, grumbling something about ”I had it under perfect control …”, while he looks at Shalissa and Cheiton to help him out negotiating with the guards.

Anyone can do the Diplomacy check, not just Neethan, right?


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Cool down Davor. It is not worth, he is trying to put you out of yourself on purpose. Do not give him that success." Shalissa takes the half-orc by the arm "It is fine. I am sure there are many dangerous beasts in the jungle we can use the poison with."

The elf is relieved when the guards arrive and Cheiton can vouch for the party's version of what happened "Neethan only tried to defend our friend Cheiton. I am sure he is sorry about the flames, but our group is willing to pay for any damage we might have caused during the fight."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Other than that, Shalissa goes to check what Kerndrew has found and makes sure all the notes are still intact "If we have the notes and Cheiton, I guess we can focus on moving on rather than pursuing cowards."


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan is low on cash and sends Shalissa a ‘thanks’, when she manages to lower the fine. He hands over the gold coins.
Giving the city guard 5gp(?)

Maybe the guards are just out for pocketing the fine themselves anyway, he reasons, but they seem satisfied in the end, and he does not want to spend any more time explaining his actions at the guards’ office.

When the guards have gone, and the team is outside the warehouse again, Neethan reminds them that the info in their notes are likely known by now to at least one more competing rival. He asks them leave to go to clear up with his previous employer and to get some equipment left to him from Cefas.
”Can you start planning what is needed for the expedition? I’ll meet with you in an hour. I’ll seek you at the tavern where we met Cheiton or at his place?”


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Be careful Neethan." Shalissa gives the wizard a worried look as he gives farewells to visit the tavern "This has proven to not be a safe town for us"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Once all this business is sorted out and Neethan has agreed to pay the city guard collects Ferral and the remaining workers and takes them into custody.

In case it is unclear: Before the guard appeared you had time to take whatever you wanted from Ferrals belongings.

Shalissa collects the journals and you go back to Cheitons home. Once you cleaned up the mess left by the morning explosion.

Afterwards you begin collecting supplies and tools for the next part of the expedition, planing to leave after tomorrows sermon.

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.