GM Kulkos Racing to Ruin (Serpents Skull 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Kulko

Campaign Page
Map
Treasure Sheet

Orders:

Watch
Shalissa, Davor, Gregor, Kerndrew
Single File Marching
Gregor, Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Double File Marching
Gregor & Kerndrew, Shalissa, Davor
Map


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor growls a bit more but accepts Shalissa's guidance. The poison might have some use. (not by him though)

Neethan has the scroll of haste and the scroll case, right?


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan receives the scroll case with the scroll from Shalissa. He only has to take a quick look at it to recognize the familiar Haste spell.
The wizard already has a scroll case, but it already has some scrolls in it, so he will also keep the second scroll case unless someone else has better use of it.

Though fresh from a fight, Neethan feels slightly safer to seek up Cefas right away, rather than wait and risk the agents getting a chance to regroup again. He leaves the group.

GM Kulko:

The wizard has been to Kalabuto a few times before. It was almost five years since however, but the city is mainly arranged around old stone ruins that aren’t easily moved or erased, so it has not changed its basic form.

Kn(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Kn(geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

None-the-less, it takes a bit longer to find the office than Neethan has reckoned with. Seems what Cefas had told him about The Crown not being as powerful anymore, is correct. He finds the office in the same quarters, but in a smaller building now. Luckily, Cefas is standing in the entry-way, speaking to someone else, Neethan doesn’t recognize. The wizard does not just walk up to his friend, but waits a little, until he’s finished.

Cefas greets him again and they grab each other’s forearms as a sign of their bond. The halfelf is observant though and raises an eyebrow when he sees Neethan’s left sleeve has a new hole and some blood on it.
Neethan trusts him enough to relate the story about them being jumped upon by agent from the Aspis Consortium. He does not mention the stolen notes, but only that Cheiton had been kidnaped and then rescued. He reckons Cefas will hear about that anyway.

The Gold Crown Shipping and Mining Company (aka The Crown) has indeed been outmaneuvered from some of the mining expedition business and does not have similar use as before for the wizard. He can hear the lamenting voice of Cefas and decides to only describe his present involvement as an expedition to find safe trading routes northbound. The chance to go hunting for an ancient lost city, could very well spark the interest of the few remaining adventurers in town of The Crown too, and Neethan tries to avoid giving any details about that, even though it pains him to be evasive to Cefas’s questions.

They also discuss the remaining pay The Crown owes Neethan. In the end, Neethan negotiates and trades his old backpack for more suitable bag for travelling. It has several pockets and a single shoulder strap. His new bag is magical and a fair compensation for back pay.
The wizard also trades in one of the used handcrossbows he’d got from the fleeing agents, for a new vial of antitoxin needed for the jungle trip.


Neethan has to walk briskly back to his allies in order to find them within the promised hour. He works up quite a sweat.

Stopping there to let the GM interact if he wants.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"Thanks Gozreh you are safe Cheiton. What those aspis goons wanted from you?" Shalissa listens to the story and tries to comfort him "If you do not feel safe here, I suggest you join Kassata's expedition once they make it to Kalabuto"

While Neethan attends his meeting with Cefas, Shalissa profits the opportunity to go selling all the valuables the group has gathered since Eleder. She knows there will be little other time for shopping from there on and everyone gets 2124 gp she swiftly distributes to the group "My shoes have gone too wore down by the trip, I think I would like to have a new pretty pair. Anyone wants too?" she will look to buy a pair of stagger-proof boots or boots of the cat with the new money on her purse.

The elf then is happy to accompany Kerndrew to the temple to see what the Father needs be done there, or wait for Neethan's report otherwise.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

PS: Let’s assume Neethan replenished his set of spell components too with Cefas help. It’s more for the record, than any cost to talk about.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew gratefully accepts the funds from Shalissa, then explains their luck. "While it was unfortunate to be delayed by this misadventure, it leaves us still in Kalabuto for the Day of the Inheritor," Father Kerndrew explains. "This is a high holy day for us. We can celebrate and seek a blessing for our excursion. I had serious doubts, earlier, but as before, I'm even more convinced now that we are on the right path!"


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa smiles "That feels like a right omen" the elf nods "Can we help you somehow with the celebration?"

Unless there is something special to do, Shalissa will be happy to engage in silence prayer for the blessings of Iomedae over their small expedition.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor accepts the money and considers what coin he has. Not really knowing much about magic he asks Shalissa. "My failure against the poison was upsetting. Is there magic that can help in the future? My cloak helps a little, but maybe there's a better one?"

I'm assuming that we wouldn't be able to find a +2 cloak here. How are we handling contracting purchases? And I don't have enough to buy a +2 cloak without selling the +1. ??


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"We have an antitoxin from the cannibals in the treasure container, you can pick it up Davor" Shalissa offers the half-orc "If you are very worried, we can buy a scroll of delay poison at Iomedae's temple"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor considers Shalissa's suggestion, and does take the anti-toxin. He isn't sure it would help him, but if another party member needed it he wanted to be available to help.

"I need help against compulsion too. Maybe a better cloak. Could you help me find one? I'll have to sell mine but then should have the coin needed for it."

With the adjustment and selling my cloak for 500GP I have enough.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"No worries Davor, I will not let anyone mess up with your mind while I am here at your back" the elf gently places the hand over the half-orc's shoulder and smiles "Yes, let's find a nice cloak expert for you. I am no crafter but perhaps adding some golden rivulets will improve its magical protections"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan had been surprised that a package from his mother had still been waiting for him at The Crown’s office after the four years he’s been away. He’d felt touched to read that she wanted him to come home and had sent along means to do so. He was to “stop the nonsense he was up to” and get home. For a moment he had hesitated, feeling a pang of guilt, but wasn’t this new expedition the thing he had always dreamt about? If he just gave up and went home, wouldn’t he regret it the rest of his life?

The package contained some gems. A wealth much higher than the cost to get back to Eleder, so he understood that it was more a bribe to get him to stop adventuring. He’d weighed the alternatives and decided he’d have to make up for it in some other way. At least the letter he wrote yesterday was on the way back to her, and she’d know that he was still alive.

Having made up his mind and said farewell to Cefas, Neethan does some additional purchases on the way back to his friends to better prepare himself for the expedition, spending the gems.


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page
Neethan Levandri wrote:


Though fresh from a fight, Neethan feels slightly safer to seek up Cefas right away, rather than wait and risk the agents getting a chance to regroup again. He leaves the group.

Neethan:

With the current situation of the Crown being what it is, Cefas first tries to convince Neethan to invest his pay into financing another expedition into the northern Bantu Hils to find the Barkskin Lake. But when he realizes he wil not succeed he is happy to pay in goods jnstead of losing more of his precious coins.
Once the transaction is done he also gifts a small parcel from hus mother to the Neethan. The wizard is surprised to receive it after all these years, but apparently his family is still not one to quarel with jn Sargava. Lookinb inside he finds a letter pleading him to come back to Eleder as well as some gems to pay fof the journey.
Neethan shortky considers turning back, but the thought of Saventh-Yhi fills him with a now familiar lomging and so ge returns to his friends.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan makes his way back through the city, heading for the river. He again gets his bearings when he crosses the small square with the statue of Likeng, the city’s legendary female protector. He can see that fresh flowers are still being placed by the natives at the feet of the statue.

The wizard gets more cautious as he gets closer to the docks, looking for anything that might be out looking for him, but he slips through the alleyways unharmed and is soon united with his friends.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Where did I meet up with you? Can we decide it was at Cheiton’s place?

Neethan relates his meeting with Cefas and the letter from his mother.
”I guess, I’m now committed even more to this expedition.
I picked up some useful things on the way back here. How is the planning going? When are we leaving? What is left to purchase or prepare?”


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

By the time everybody is done shopping, you meet up at Cheitons. The dwarf suggests spending the rest of the day preparing some things for the main expedition.

Lets do the exploration checks for Kalabuto:

Diplomacy DC 15 to gain favorable conditions on the equipment (+ 2 aid from Cheiton)
Appraisal DC 15 to reserve some high quality equipment (+ 2 aid from Cheiton)
Survival DC 20 to find an experienced local guide (+4 aid from Athyra Nkechi)


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

"I think we are as prepared as we will be" Shalissa considers "Perhaps we should just go on tomorrow morning after having a good rest. The sooner we leave, the less chances to have more problems with the Aspsis"

Diplomacy+Cheiton: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
Appraise+Cheiton: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
Survival+Athyra Nkechi: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Appraisal: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22
Survival: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 4 = 25


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

”If we have some time still, I have a few scrolls I’d like to study and add to my spellbook, so we can have better use of them. I’ve got most of the magical components, but still need to buy some special ink. About 100 gold pieces would do, but I only have 8 left myself, right now.
Do you still have some gold I can borrow?”


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

After discussing with Cheiton what would be needed for the large expedition following you, the group visits some merchants the dwarf suggested.

The wizard and the iomedean work in perfekt harmony selecting well maintained tents and tools while making sure that all will be ready in 3 days time when Kassata is expected to arrive.

In the meantime Davor and Athyra hire a guide to help the expedition at least until the lake of the vanishing armies.

With todays work done you settle in for the night, this time making sure to post guards to avoid further surprises.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Wow! That day went fast!
In preparation for tomorrow, Neethan uses the evening studying some of the scrolls he has.
It takes an hour per level to write it into his spellbook, but deciphering a scroll is much faster.

Identify, L1:
Spellcraft, Decipher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 vs DC21
Floating Disk, L1:
Spellcraft, Decipher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 vs DC21
Knock, L2:
Spellcraft, Decipher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 vs DC22
Haste, L3:
Spellcraft, Decipher: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 vs DC23


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

If still needed:
Appraise equipment: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew spends the evening in prayer and contemplation, grateful to have the blessing of a Holy Day in such a large city before they head out into the wilderness yet again.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Having come back and described his scroll plans to the rest of the team, Neethan is able to borrow enough gold to head out again and do the final purchase of some dark red ink.

Later at Cheiton’s house, the wizard manages to decipher how two of the scrolls can be interpreted and he studies them.

Scroll study:

Spellcraft, study Floating Disk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 vs DC16, 1h
Spellcraft, study Haste: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 vs DC18, 1h

Neethan would know if he can wait until tomorrow to write a spell down in his spellbook or not.
If the GM judges that he can only study one spell before writing, then just do Haste.
If he must write tonight, he will prioritize to write Haste (+3h).
If not enough time for Haste, then only study and write Floating Disk. (+1h)


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa attends the Day of the Inheritor and asks a few questions on the details of the procedures.

She also tries to help Neethan find a wizard and provides material help if needed.

Otherwise, she basically just prepares herself to depart the next day.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Returning from a successful shopping trip, aided by Shalissa, Davor is happy with his new cloak. Hearing Neethan's comment he pulls out his much lighter money pouch. "I'm sure we can cover whatever you need for spells. We won't be anywhere to spend gold for a while anyway. And the right spell at the right time can turn a battle! I like surviving!!!"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

Shortly before sunrise Kerndrew and his friends walk up the temple hill towards. In front of the shrine of Iomedea Father Curtius is greeting a small crowd of fighters from the Sargavian milita led by Preastor Ursus. But to your surprise also a sizable force of Zenji is waiting for todays sermon.

After greeting everybody the Father opens with a solemn communal prayer to Iomedea asking for strength and guidance before addressing the crowd with a sermon. After a short story about Iomedeas time in Sargava his story soon turns towards a more local figure.
Those unfamiliar with Sargavan history are surprised to hear the story of Likeng, a women living shortly after the founding of Kalabuto. Fascinated you follow tthe accounts of this Zenji Paladin of Aroden.
From Father curtius you are able to learn that her deeds were truly worthy to be called out on a day like this. Now you also understand better why so many native people have attended todays ceremony.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

This far south, sunset comes early. It’s late evening none-the-less, when Neethan is finally finished writing his two(?) scrolls into his spellbook and can turn in for the night. Rising so early the next morning, gives him not enough time to study his spellbook, however. He just manages to grab some bread and cheese to go, and munches on the food while they all make it to the temple.

The wizard had first thought to stay at Cheiton’s and finish his arcane studies while the others attended the sermon, but then decided it was better to join them. The ritual seems important to Kerndrew and Shalissa and while Neethan is not very religious, he feels they might need all support they can get.

The gathered Zenjis and Father Curtius’s speech, remind him of the statue he had seen twice yesterday, and he tries to learn more about the legendary paladin.

His new bag also proves useful, as he can easily pull the spellbook discretely out of it and study some of today’s set of spells, whenever there is a pause or singing in the ceremony.


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor sits with his friends at the shrine. While he wasn't a follower of the Inheritor, the story was impressive. Most stories of heroes were. He considers the deity that he had grown up with, Pharasma, but can't recall any stories of legendary heroes of the Lady of Graves....


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa listens attentive to all what is said "Interesting that a local became such a relevant follower of the dead god of humanity..." the elf attempts to memorize as much as she can about what is said.

She takes a low profile during the ceremonies, leaving Fathern Karndrew to enjoy his moment.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"This is why we take the faith of Iomedae with us wherever we travel--and why we travel so far to do so! Even out here in the jungle the Inheritor finds ways to inspire; it's truly a marvel!"


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

After the sermon is over, Father Curtius asks Kerndrew to join him in the courtyard. "I would be most honoured if you could perform a ritual joust with me to honour the inheritor. Out here most people still follow Aroden himself and I seldom meet somebody who knows the intricacies of the ritual."

I could not really find that much information on how people worship gods in pathfinder, so I just made this one up. This is a ritualistic combat focussing on skillfull parries to symbolize the guardianship of Iomedea and allow Father Curtius better access to his divine energy needed to bless the armor.
Kerndrew knows this ritual.


Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

While keeping one eye into his spellbook, Neethan watches the ceremony come to a finish.
Having studied and finally prepared a few new spells to compensate for those he casted yesterday, his interest peaks up a bit when he hears there is going to be some jousting. He puts away his book and straightens up.
Finally, some action!


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor hears and grins when he hears the request. A Ritual Joust? Knowing what a joust was he assumes that doing it as a ritual wasn't as dangerous as the real thing....


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa smiles on seeing the devotion to Iomedae and Aroden "The gods are with you Kerndrew" she casts divine guidance on him as she taps his back.

On Ultimate Combat there are full fledged rules for Performance Combat, probably just too much for this here, but it made me think about it :)


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Father Kerndrew nods at Father Curtius, and smiles at the opportunity to demonstrate his skill in honor of Iomedae.

Glad you meant swordwork; Father Kerndrew's archetype requires he take the weapon path vs the mount path, haha; he's probably not much good on horseback!


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

While the others create a circle to make room for the combatants and Father kerndrew steps into the middle with his shield and sword raised. Once Father Kerndrew has taken up his position he begins the ritual with a formal proclamation. "-I will have faith in the Inheritor. I will channel her strength through my body. I will shine in her legion, and i will not tarnish her glory through base actions. I will guard the honor of my fellows, both thought and deed, and I will have faith in them."

Then he raises his shield and gives Kerndrew a nod to start his attacks. In the beginning Curtius shows his defensive prowess, blocking the predefined attacks with ease and confidence.

Know Religion DC 10: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Success (1 favor point)
Attack DC 10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Success (2 favor points)

The ritual is executed in three stages of rising complexity and the goal is to collect as many successes (favor points) as you can manage. Each round you roll a knowledge religion and an attack check of raising difficulty.

For now please roll one of each with DC 10.
EDIT: if you want to speed up things you can also roll two other sets of rolls with DC 15 and 20.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

As he begins to swing, he mirrors Father Curtis' words with other parts of Iomedae's mantras. "I will learn the weight of my sword; without my heart to guide it, it is worthless. I will never refuse a challenge from an equal." Each line comes in cadence with a strike or block as the two continue the ritual swordfight.

Knowledge (religion) DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
+1 longsword attack DC 10: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"My strength is not in my sword, but in my heart; if I lose my sword, I have lost a tool; if I betray my heart, I have died. I will never abandon a companion, though I will honor sacrifice freely given."

Knowledge (religion) DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
+1 longsword attack DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"I am the first into battle, and the last to leave it. I will suffer death before dishonor."

Knowledge (religion) DC 20: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
+1 longsword attack DC 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

DM Rolls:

Know Religion DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Attack DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Know Religion DC 20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Attack DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The two followers of Iomedea continue there ritual swing switching from defense to offense and finally to a flurry of blows where each successful parry or dodge flows seamlessly into the next attack creating a rhythm like a dance and filling the air with a song of sword striking sword.

after a few more minutes the combat finds his finish in a mighty crescendo of rapid blows.

Afterwards the combatants step back from each other and Father Curtius bows deeply. "Thank you Brother, your heart is leading your hand in honour of Iomedea and you will do her great honour on your expedition. It was a great pleasure to share the sacred blows with somebody as experienced as you."

The air is filled with divine energy from the display of martial prowess in honour of the godess and Father Curtius steps towards the armour prepared on a table by the side and calls to Iomedea "Inheritor! Bless this Armour with your divine favour and protects its wearer just as its wearer protects his companions with his sword and shield." He then holds his sword up high to let it collect the divine energy and then strikes at the place where the heart is located and where the holy symbol of Iomedea has been painted.

Expertly Fought Kerndrew. Both of you missed a few cues but once you found your rhythm it was expertly executed.
Kerndrews feels Blessed by the goddess and during the next week he may trice activate Iomedeas Blessing (spend a move action to bless yourself, but nobody else).

Father Curtius wants to discuss another matter with Kerndrew but my posting time for now is up so feel freeto collect your armour prepare to leave Kalabuto and we will do this discaussion afterwards in Spoilers.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa observes the exchange with emotion, sometimes reeling back at the real blows interchanged. But once everything finishes she smiles "I feel really protected with Kerndrew on the group. Even more now in that shiny armor"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

Davor follows Shalissa, congratulating both of the men. "That was truly impressive! I certainly wouldn't want to cross blades with either of you. Glad we're on the same side."


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"Thank you, friends, and thank you too, Father Curtius," Father Kerndrew says as he cleans and then sheathes his sword. "The sword is Iomedae's most powerful physical tool," he points to her symbol on the armor. "It's my obligation to become a master in its forms."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

After the enchantment procedure is finished Father Curtius is approaching Kerndrew with one more request.

"If I am not mistaken, you are heading towards the Lake of the vanishing armies. Maybe you could check something for me on the way."

Waiting for Father Kerndrew to signal his interest he than continues
"You remember that woman Likeng I was talking about earlier. She is an important symbol for those of us who are looking for peaceful relations with the Zenji. When she died a small tomb was erected ath that site where she was buried, but a few days ago a trader has come to me telling me her final resting place has been disturbed."

"I know you are pressed for time but visiting the site is only a small detour from the river and I would like you to check on the place and send me a short report with your findings."


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Shalissa notices Kerndrew thoughts about the group and she asserts supportive "We can take a small detour in our journey Father Kerndrew. Do not worry about that now."


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

"Excellent! If we can help out Father Curtius, I'm so grateful to be able to do so."


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

"Fine that would be a great help. The tomb is near the trading post about a day upriver. Once you have visited the place just send me river and I will know what to do."

"But now let me no longer hold you up. Your armour is ready and I know you want to be on your way quickly."

Anything else you want to organize before leaving. For normal purchases we will just define that you did them yesterday so just list them in the discussion thread.


HP 33 AC 16 TAC 12 FF 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +9 (+2 vs glyphs, symbols and scrolls) | Init +3 | Darkvision 60' +10
Skills:
Diplomacy+9,Heal+9,K. arcana +11 K. planes/religion +12, K. dung/eng/geo/local/nature/nobility +10, K. history +15, Linguistics +6/+8, Sense Motive +9, Spellcraft+12/+14, Swim+2, UMD+3
Mysterious Mordant Spire elven female 5 | Character Sheet | Party Treasure | -

Aside from some scroll inscribing materials and spellcasting components, Shalissa does not have anything big to buy and she is soon ready.

"We will depart with the sun dawn, is everyone ok with that?"


Half Orc Rogue 4/Witch 1 | HP: 37/37 | Init: +10, Att:+6 PBS, CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | AC: 17/19, FF: 14, Touch: 15 | Fort:+7, Ref:+9, Will:+5/+6 against Compulsion | Acrobatics:+12, Climb:+9, Disable:+13, Escape:+8, Know-Arcana/Dungeon/Local:+6, Nature+7, Geography:+9, Perception:+12, Sense Motive:+9, Stealth:+11, Survival:+6, Swim:+8 | Darkvision:60' | Sneak Attack 2d6 | +1 Dagger d4+1, 3 Daggers d4, 2 Darts d4, Shortbow 20 Arrows, MW Hanbo d6 | Conditions: Endure Elements, 6 points Con damage

"Leave at dawn? Good. I'm ready."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human | Init: +6 | AC: 14 / FF AC: 12 / Touch AC: 12 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +4 / Will: +5 | Speed: 30' | Perception +5 | True Neutral | Wizard/5

Neethan uses his Read Magic spell to decipher a few other scrolls, and then spends the rest of the day studying and trying to write them into his spellbook too.

Scroll study:

Spellcraft, study Knock: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 vs DC17, 1h, 1hwrite
Spellcraft, study Identify: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 vs DC15, 1h, 2h write


Shiv Battle Map | Campaign Page

In the next morning you find yourself on the docks of the city again where you board as small river boat which will speed up your journey to the trading post of Darius Point. You enjoy the relaxed travel before the hardship of another jungle trail waiting for you.

By the time you arrive the worst of the oppressive noon heat is over but a constant tropical rain is falling. The ship hand is pointing you toward a small path leading into the jungle and so you start yourself on the short treck.

Half a an hour later you can spot a stone pyramid throught he leaves, when a angry group of natives step into your way with raised spears.


Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP: 38/39 | AC: 22 (11 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMD: 19 (19 Fl) | F: +9, R: +5, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9, SM +8 | Speed 20 ft | Active conditions: none

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Does Father Kerndrew have an idea of what tribe this might be? Could it be the Zenji tribe Father Curtius mentioned?

He holds his hands up, palms out and away from his sheathed weapons. "Please, we mean no harm," he begins, hoping to see some recognition of his words in Common, though he has no real hopes to be that lucky.

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,250 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kulkos Souls for Smuggler’s Shiv (SSk1) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.